IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,806 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 237.
#11001 1 year ago

Got one of those dvd box set with the fish tanks.
Also interested in having it light up.
Have the stern topper could it be linked to that ?
Resized_20220820_135558 (resized).jpegResized_20220820_135558 (resized).jpeg

#11002 1 year ago

You would need to make/get a harness and 3 leds like those in the topper, then position the led assembly under each head and connect it to the existing j6 or j7 with a z connector. This led assembly and hookup was available for mezelmods but NLA. So you’re half way there!

Quoted from Pinoffski:

[quoted image]

#11003 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

[quoted image]

I was looking at these on ebay but refuse to pay what they want haha. Was looking to make a fish tank over the ramp like the LE has...

Wish someone just sold that mod..

#11004 1 year ago

I feel bad. I’ve got a topper I was keeping to put on a pro when I get one back in my collection. I love how it plays and couldn’t get into the LE. Thinking I might just pass it on to an owner without one as I’m not sure when I’ll be in a position to get another game.

0435A515-D28E-48E2-A057-7D05AEDB2505 (resized).jpeg0435A515-D28E-48E2-A057-7D05AEDB2505 (resized).jpeg
#11005 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I feel bad. I’ve got a topper I was keeping to put on a pro when I get one back in my collection. I love how it plays and couldn’t get into the LE. Thinking I might just pass it on to an owner without one as I’m not sure when I’ll be in a position to get another game. [quoted image]

Definitely interested for my LE, but I’m sure shipping would kill the deal.

#11006 1 year ago

I made a similar post in the Metallica owners thread, so there is the TWD version:

I like comparing my scores to other qualifying scores from big tournaments. Set your TWD to no extra balls and tighten up the tilt VERY tight and play 3 or 4 games and compare your best game today to the scores to from the NYC pinball championship tourney qualifying last weekend.

20mil gets you 80th place.
40mil gets you 61st place.
70mil gets you 47th place and ahead of podcaster Tom Graf of WI (#31 IFPA rank).
90mil gets you 34th place and ahead of Sanjay Shah on NJ (#473 IFPA rank).
126mil gets you 25th place.
156mil gets you 22nd place and ahead of David Riel of PA (#13 IFPA rank).
170mil gets you 17th place and ahead of Sterns Raymond Davidson (#2 IFPA rank).
196mil gets you 12th place and ahead of Bill "Boom" Mason of NC (#40 IFPA rank) who was the FINAL WINNER of the tourney.
230mil gets you 9th place and ahead of Pinsider Crazy Levi and Canadas Robert Gagno (#102 and #127th IFPA rank).
252mil gets you 6th place and ahead of Sterns Keith Elwin (#24 IFPA rank) who finished 3rd in the finals.
325mil gets you 3rd place and ahead of Podcasters Joe Lemire and Travis Murie (#57 and #21 IFPA rank)
377mil gets you 2nd place and ahead of Shannon Stafford of FL (#143 IFPA rank)
446mil gets you 1st place and ahead of Jack Tadman of Winnipeg (#111 IFPA rank) who finished 2nd in the finals.

Print these out and see where you and your friends qualify at your next party:
https://www.neverdrains.com/nycpc2022/playerIndex.php?disp=game&sel=Main&game=102

#11007 1 year ago

Don’t forget competition install and I’m sure the prison magnet and doors were disabled.

#11008 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t forget competition install and I’m sure the prison magnet and doors were disabled.

How is the game any fun if you disable all the stuff?

#11009 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

How is the game any fun if you disable all the stuff?

It more because they don’t want or know how to fix a SDTM magnet and non registering head.

#11010 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

[quoted image]

I used the same DVD box set and tank for my pro, made the heads in the have a nice faint green erie glow to it, and then wired three white leds one above each head that comes on accordingly with each right ramp shot like the topper does and also when the zombie sound in the game comes on and the attract flashers kicks in it also lights the head in the tank. I used the same connections for the white leds where the topper plug would go, and a 12v power for the green glow with a dimmer control board so I'm able to dim it as much as I like.

Here is a quick sample video, it's terrible but gives you an idea.

#11011 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I used the same DVD box set and tank for my pro, made the heads in the have a nice faint green erie glow to it, and then wired three white leds one above each head that comes on accordingly with each right ramp shot like the topper does and also when the zombie sound in the game comes on and the attract flashers kicks in it also lights the head in the tank. I used the same connections for the white leds where the topper plug would go, and a 12v power for the green glow with a dimmer control board so I'm able to dim it as much as I like.

Thanks that is what i would like to do

#11012 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

Thanks that is what i would like to do

This is the controller board I used to dim the erie glow:

https://www.amazon.com/ALEDECO-Voltage-Motor-Speed-Controller/dp/B07P2BLG2L/

#11013 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

How did you attach the tank to the backboard?

Nice mod. Want to make me one? Ha Ha.

#11014 1 year ago

I used a bracket attached to the lid and screwed into the existing screw that held the flat plastic tank image.

Quoted from Rager170:

#11015 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I used a bracket attached to the lid and screwed into the existing screw that held the flat plastic tank image.

Yep, I 3D printed a bracket and used that existing screw hole to hold the tank in it's place.

#11016 1 year ago

I really really love my TWD. I even upgraded from PRO to LE last year just because I wanted to have the fullest experience avaoable. And yes, the left ramp is less flowly but very acceptable.

One thing which annoys me however and I wonder if anyone has found a solution for it. If you start a MB the leds will dimm to apporx 50% strenght. Have went through all software settings but its not a setting I think.

Anyone can shed some light on this? Am not a real fan of Pinstadiums, did put some extra spots though.

#11017 1 year ago

Here are some pics. Bracket attached to tank lid with strong velcro. 3 led array attached to bottom of tank with small squares of velcro. Each led circle is comprised of 9 leds and they only display green(I didn't look at the wires but assume just the green conductor is attached not red/blue). No dimmer or anything needed. the game controls them once you have them hooked up to J7 or J6 I forget. If you could find these leds they are awesome and what mezelmod provided. (you can see the reflection of one of the led clusters in the last pic showing the 9 leds in each)

3CFEEBF0-58A8-410E-B65B-B5B5107CA14F (resized).jpeg3CFEEBF0-58A8-410E-B65B-B5B5107CA14F (resized).jpeg7525A814-2740-4144-928C-2B48A729ADBA (resized).jpeg7525A814-2740-4144-928C-2B48A729ADBA (resized).jpeg828826F1-D3E5-4EDB-915D-4E70EB012D25 (resized).jpeg828826F1-D3E5-4EDB-915D-4E70EB012D25 (resized).jpeg

#11018 1 year ago

Just got my TWD this week. Such an amazing game. I’m a pretty bad player and it has been beating the crap on me but I got on a roll my last game of the night and had Horde ready, but then drained not sure if that’s good but it’s way better than I’ve ever done before haha

76AA401A-7CA1-45FC-BD7B-6AD790D62949 (resized).jpeg76AA401A-7CA1-45FC-BD7B-6AD790D62949 (resized).jpeg
#11020 1 year ago

Ha unfortunately for my pride, mine wasn’t quite setup that difficult

#11021 1 year ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

Does anyone know what kind of mullex connectors the mezel mod uses? Im thinking of trying to recreate it for my walking dead pro.
I have the wires, I know what lights I need, and I know how im going to make the bracket, I just need to know about the connectors, and where i might can find them. wanted it to be the same, with two connectors using the mod.
[quoted image]

Check out Mouser. Key words will be "MTA 156". Get an IDC .156 hand tool while you're at it. The Molex one. The plastic ones from whoever are complete garbage.

#11022 1 year ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Worth asking flipordie. He is the artist! I'm sure he'll accommodate if he can.

Thank you! I have ordered it, I dig the style!

2 weeks later
#11024 1 year ago

Is there any easier way to start a mode other then hitting those 3 damn drop targets way off the left side?

#11025 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is there any easier way to start a mode other then hitting those 3 damn drop targets way off the left side?

Nope

#11026 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

That's the only way to light Barn, CDC, Riot, Tunnel, and Arena.
There are settings that will allow you to light them during a multi-ball and (a different setting) to have them remain lit if you drain before starting a mode.
I don't recall the setting numbers, chuckwurt do you remember them?

#11027 1 year ago

Comp install makes starting modes harder. I’m not sure what setting allows lit modes to stay lit ball to ball.

#11028 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

As others have said, no. Those drops really are the key to this game, imo. You need to learn to shoot them and shoot them on demand as hitting them with the right light flashing is pretty critical as well….

Hitting them during multiball is key again as I always looked to stack Blood Bath with Prison or Well Walker… then hitting them during Blood Bath is required to add more balls to multiball!

You are always shooting the drops in TWD.

#11029 1 year ago

Any thoughts on TWD LE VS rick and morty bloodsucker edition? Have a shot at trading my rick and morty for a very nice TWD LE if I add 2200 to the deal. If anyone here has played both thoughts on which you would keep?

#11030 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Any thoughts on TWD LE VS rick and morty bloodsucker edition? Have a shot at trading my rick and morty for a very nice TWD LE if I add 2200 to the deal. If anyone here has played both thoughts on which you would keep?

I have both and they are two of my favorite games. Adding $2200 seems steep. It seems like R&M's have been trading for $11-12k. Is TWDLE really a $13-14k game now?

If it were me if keep R&M and look for a TWD Pro since those can still be found around $6k which is the best deal in pinball right now. TWD is a game where the Pro is nearly as good as the LE/Premium

#11031 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I have both and they are two of my favorite games. Adding $2200 seems steep. It seems like R&M's have been trading for $11-12k. Is TWDLE really a $13-14k game now?
If it were me if keep R&M and look for a TWD Pro since those can still be found around $6k which is the best deal in pinball right now. TWD is a game where the Pro is nearly as good as the LE/Premium

Agree. Had a pro for several years and upgraded to a LE as twd is my favorite and I wanted to have best possible but the pro is really, from a players perspective, a very good choice and best bang for the buck

Yes, you will miss some nice stuff but twd pro is one of the best pro’s out there.

#11032 1 year ago

TWD is the greatest players pinball game. It’s a Lyman Sheats masterpiece with a brutal playfield design from John Borg that fits the theme perfectly.
I don’t like the show, or even zombie/horror stuff, and it doesn’t matter. With a better theme this game would be #1 on the top 100 list and it wouldn’t be close imo.
Ive played Rick and Morty 20 or 30 times, so take my opinion on it with a grain of salt. I think it’s a fun game with some cool shots and a much better theme. It just doesn’t grab me and make me feel like I need to keep pressing start.

#11033 1 year ago

I used to have R&M and I currently have a TWD premium. I would absolutely recommend trading for a walking dead because it’s amazing, but that price difference seems a little steep.

#11034 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thank you for all the responses. My assumption is I am paying a premium as I would be making the trade with a business here in florida not a individual pinhead. I may bail due to the uptick in what I have to bring to the table cash wise. I only have room for three and thiugh I loooove rm between will wonka CE and godzilla premium, it's the one that gets the least amount of plays. Also the rule set appears to be less complex than twd. I love deep rulesets.

#11035 1 year ago

Thank you for all the responses. My assumption is I am paying a premium as I would be making the trade with a business here in florida not a individual pinhead. I may bail due to the uptick in what I have to bring to the table cash wise. I only have room for three and thiugh I loooove rm between will wonka CE and godzilla premium, it's the one that gets the least amount of plays. Also the rule set appears to be less complex than twd. I love deep rulesets.

R&M has nowhere near the flow or shots of TWD. Sell it and buy two pros.

#11036 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Take the glass off and use your finger

#11037 1 year ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Too funny!

#11038 1 year ago

Question for you guys as I’m looking at adding a pro model.

I know that bloodbath is stackable with prison and well walker, but is it also stackable with the modes?

Is prison or well stackable with modes?

Also, any known issues on the pro model I should check for?

TIA

#11039 1 year ago

Adding $2200 on top here makes no sense. An even trade would be fair. TWD is leaps and bounds better than R&M, though.

#11040 1 year ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Ahh, so that’s how you got that big billion plus score

#11041 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Question for you guys as I’m looking at adding a pro model.
I know that bloodbath is stackable with prison and well walker, but is it also stackable with the modes?
Is prison or well stackable with modes?
Also, any known issues on the pro model I should check for?
TIA

Everything is stackable with modes. The caveat with that is Competition settings. You cannot light modes during a multi-ball if competition settings are enabled.
Tilt Forums has a wiki rulesheet. There is also one linked here that is very good, check the key posts.
http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

Pro issues to check- star rollover function (do they both work reliably?), plunger action (does it consistently plunge to the upper lanes or does it often only make it to the pops because it hits something?), with Prison doors open does the zombie head register reliably?
I would check that the correct size rubber is on the post at the right of the entrance to the Tunnel shot. Some people put a fatter rubber there to lessen the chance of the ball dribbling out and going sdtm. It makes the Tunnel shot too tight.

#11042 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Everything is stackable with modes. The caveat with that is Competition settings. You cannot light modes during a multi-ball if competition settings are enabled.
Tilt Forums has a wiki rulesheet. There is also one linked here that is very good, check the key posts.
http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122
Pro issues to check- star rollover function (do they both work reliably?), plunger action (does it consistently plunge to the upper lanes or does it often only make it to the pops because it hits something?), with Prison doors open does the zombie head register reliably?
I would check that the correct size rubber is on the post at the right of the entrance to the Tunnel shot. Some people put a fatter rubber there to lessen the chance of the ball dribbling out and going sdtm. It makes the Tunnel shot too tight.

Great info thanks a lot!

1 week later
#11043 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Ahh, so that’s how you got that big billion plus score

Nope three bottles of wine and a broom stick to hold me up

#11044 1 year ago

So I have this idea on the shelf for a few years... I always hated the big well walker that's blocking some view of the great playfield and inserts. I remade the well walker from the original molds of the statue series. this way it had more likeness , is now facing you and you have a much better view of the inserts. its 3D printed and is plug and play screw down on your original assy. im not a great painter but you get the idea.the size is about 30% smaller then the original version you have in there now.I was going for a idea of he coming out of the water so that's wy his under plate is clear and you can use glue or epoxy to make water.

he as an amazing amount of detail in the print so no worries

And you can even adjust the walker bounciness with a drill, to make a hole deeper to your liking and put some weights or epoxy in him. the outline is already in his underside. this way you can adjust the bash.

im pitching here if anybody is interested in these . I was thinking about 60 euro ,unpainted and ex shipping , pinball is expensive as it is so no need for top dollar mods.just to cover my costs almost as it takes more then 10 hours to print 1,it will be printed in brown with a clear base . I do this so you can still see all details and have a dark base to paint from,here are some pictures.

if there is some interest in can make a new dedicated topic and we take it from there , just give a like and I know the interest

22663680-0831-4653-927C-EFF2E5860736 (resized).jpg22663680-0831-4653-927C-EFF2E5860736 (resized).jpg672E79EF-7E3C-483F-8ED8-AB247176E05C (resized).jpg672E79EF-7E3C-483F-8ED8-AB247176E05C (resized).jpg7834203D-ECF6-45E2-8BA7-338537EAC093 (resized).jpg7834203D-ECF6-45E2-8BA7-338537EAC093 (resized).jpg9A0D14C8-0B9E-4AA4-AA98-EEB1059D8B74 (resized).jpg9A0D14C8-0B9E-4AA4-AA98-EEB1059D8B74 (resized).jpgCA3AF45B-590E-4075-85A8-DD35E22BC137 (resized).jpgCA3AF45B-590E-4075-85A8-DD35E22BC137 (resized).jpg

#11045 1 year ago

My OCD had a problem with those PRISON inserts being blocked as well. So, I sent my Well Walker to the Modfather for a little surgery and painting!

TWD WW1 (resized).jpgTWD WW1 (resized).jpg
#11046 1 year ago
Quoted from dgposter:

My OCD had a problem with those PRISON inserts being blocked as well. So, I sent my Well Walker to the Modfather for a little surgery and painting! [quoted image]

That is AWESOME..........tie that arm into a shaker motor with a mini vibrating motor somehow

#11047 1 year ago

Clever, I replaced my well walker with something more horizontal and didnt realize how much better I would be able to see. Looks great.

#11048 1 year ago

I’m in two minds; would love to have more visibility but on the other hand, is the design intended to be an annoying distraction like all Walkers are?

1 week later
#11049 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Adding $2200 on top here makes no sense. An even trade would be fair. TWD is leaps and bounds better than R&M, though.

Kinda depends on what upgrades the TWD has...i.e. Color dmd, Stern topper (worth $1500+ by itself), glass, mods, etc.... the reality is the $2K+ might be a steal

#11050 1 year ago

Need to mount this and add some lighting effects, it’s foam filled. Once I see something I can mount it with I can fit it.
Have been looking but nothing good enough, might have to make a double spike mount.
Super Fly topper.

471F8B12-5366-489E-B80F-1B07D09E5991 (resized).jpeg471F8B12-5366-489E-B80F-1B07D09E5991 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.95
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 11,806 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/221?hl=good-times and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.