Topic Stats

• 8,276 posts
  • 556 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,404 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg
07FB0307-F475-4C6D-A222-92FFA102C92A (resized).jpeg
IMG_6831 (resized).JPG
IMG_6832 (resized).JPG
IMG_6829 (resized).JPG
IMG20190805123003 (resized).jpg
shot1.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6650 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

How about this from Pingravings.com? These are wood!

I like them, what did they cost?

#6656 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

PinGravings approached me at NWPAS with a comp set if I would install them along with their business card. They really do fit the look and feel of the pin. I have a hard time with a lot of the rule cards out there not being legible and just not looking quite right. Not so with these. Here is a short video showing them on my machine at the show:
https://www.facebook.com/Pingravings/videos/1123596564448220/

I'd like to see the Metallica set installed on a machine. $44USD is quite a bump in price compared to "normal" instruction cards but he has some really unique ones, the AFM pics on Facebook look good, the dirty harry looks neat with the bullet holes.

2 months later
#6889 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, a one dollar DIY external volume controle mod
Soldered to the keypad. 20 Minute Job.
Turn up the walkers
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any shots of where you soldered those wires to on the keypad? Would love to do this on my MET.

1 month later
#6991 11 months ago

I joined the family this weekend! Pro with a shaker and ColorDMD. It has seen some use in its life but overall looks pretty sweet! Now to get it into the basement.

#7001 11 months ago

Extra magnet on the Prem makes the game more random and the drop target in front of Woodbury is also cool, the more drops the better in my book. I still went pro though.

#7013 11 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question... Are both prison doors supposed to open up all the way. Right door does not open the same as left.[quoted image]

Looks like something is binding there, it should be open as far as the left from my perspective.

#7015 11 months ago

Anyone have individual plastics for a sale? My used TWD came with a busted plastic, the one immediately behind the Well Walker. I'm left with the plastic fragments where there once was a plastic and that makes me feel sad .

IMG_2989 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#7053 11 months ago

The greenish/taupe colour pallet fits better with the Premium than the pro IMO. I think redish/taupe would work better on the pro. I think the colour pallet on the cards from pinballcards (http://www.pinballcards.com/Pinball-Cards/The-Walking-Dead) works better.

#7072 11 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Just put them parallel to the buttons on the keypad.
Used switch: ebay.com link
You will need the file of an edge of the switch to make it fit.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So I did this mod to my recently aquired TWD and LOVE IT! Thank you so much for posting the detailed pictures! Curious to know if anyone knows the right part number to order more blank plugs? I'd like to add it to my MET, but my MET has a Tournament button there so I need a blank to use. I ordered these ones but they are too big: DON'T USE THESE ----> https://www.focusattack.com/suzo-happ-button-plug-with-nut/ <---- DON'T USE THESE.

Edit: Nevermind, found them on Pinball Life https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-round-hole-plug.html Ugh, I hate shipping to Canada sometimes!

1 month later
#7191 10 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Whenever that prison magnet grabs the ball I have a moment of anxiety.
I would LOVE a 3 second ball save option. Maybe even a 1.5second ball saver would cover those drains. It happens so fast!

Agreed, a 1 or 1.5 second ball save would make all the difference in world... at the end of the day though I don't have a problem with it, the game is hard, I feel like I get as many drains SDTM coming out of the pop's that are beyond my control as I do from the Prison magnet.

#7194 10 months ago
Quoted from Maken:

Just double flip to pulse the magnet when the ball is being held. It rarely sends it SDTM if you pulse the magnet.

I ALWAYS double flip to skip the animation and it still drains down the middle.

#7228 9 months ago
Quoted from facelift:

Hi, Quick question.
Got my TWD Premium and installed the Cleland sound/voice mode right away before playing the original code.
Finding it hard to learn the rules etc.
Was wondering if the original callouts help you learn the game easier. Do the Cleland callouts take away valuable info needed while playing?
If so, I should probably install the original code and learn the game better and later on install the Cleland code.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.

shoot the drops... then shoot them again... and again and again

then watch this stream:

#7239 9 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

Is anyone able to get extra balls by hitting the tower? My tower awards an EB at 10 hits and then every 30 after. Like lol, yeah.... good luck with that.

I have NEVER gotten this EB awarded. It's impossible

#7250 9 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Jesus, just watched McSirTuna's full tutorial on Buffalo Pinball... I've been so ignorant about so many things! This game really is the gift that keeps on giving

I’ve only watched two of his tutorials... TWD and MET, both are amazing! If I owned more games I’d watch more of his tutorial

#7263 9 months ago

I wouldn't say I 'regret' my pro purchase, but I do wish I'd gone premium, there was one in the same area (With the topper!). Price bump would have been about $1,200 more CDN, but in retrospect I should have done it.

#7266 9 months ago
Quoted from Maken:

1200 wow you dropped the ball there lol. Premium is worth about 3000 more than pro in Canada.

Well, the pro I bought does have a colour dmd, powder coated armour and a shaker motor... I know that doesn't get me to the $1,800 but at the end of the day I have $1,200 more in my pocket and a pretty great pin.

1 week later
#7296 9 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

TWD prem and TSPP are on my radar right now for next game. I haven't played but only a handful of games on either. hmmm...
I haven't seen a single episode of TWD, but looks like that isn't necessary for understanding the pin.

IMO you need zero knowledge of the comic's or TV show to enjoy the pinball... there is a fan made ROM for TWD that swaps out the default music and voice calls with clips from the show so I would suggest that would offer no additional value for you to bother chasing it down but it is quite well done.

#7300 9 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I believe they are going for right around 6k for a stock one these days.

+1, you'd be doing well to find one with the topper for that price, those seem to be asking at least original price, which I believe was $300-$400 if I'm not mistaken.

#7310 9 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Seriously, how are you guys getting these scores? My GC is ~435 Mill with two extra balls (one for walker kills and one as a replay award). All settings on default, 7 degree incline, no outlane saver mods or anything.
On a Pro.

EB on Replay isn't default AFAIK. I'm dying for my EB's on this game but I believe default is only 5/60 walkers and 10 tower hits... if there are others I'd love to know.

#7322 9 months ago
Quoted from TigerBall:

I can kick myself for not watching this before now:

His tutorial's are amazing, the MET one is equally great. I wish he'd do one for all the Stern games!

2 weeks later
#7373 8 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

So if I'm playing cdc mode, I won't get awarded the points unless i hit the correct shots to finish the mode.? Like hitting the scoop to collect a CIU on Metallica?

Not at all, you get the points when you make the shots for CDC and other modes. CDC you can end by making two ramp shots, then one of the other lit shots I believe and then two more shots back into CDC. 3 shots into CDC gets you the multi-kill weapon. The video by McSirTuna really is the thing to watch... I get that 2hrs+ is a big investment but it answers your questions, the CDC part is at 33:25.

Bookmarks for that Video would be awesome.

#7377 8 months ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Anyone have any pointers / recommendations how to clean&amp;/or restore this scuffed up shooter lane? The wood feels rough (like it’s splintering), so I’m hoping there’s a way to fix it or at least minimise further damage.
PS: I bought the machine like this, so perhaps I should’ve been more observant. However, it has been working like clockwork, so no real gripes apart from this.
[quoted image]

Mine looks the same, I went at it with naptha and a cloth and that picked up as much of the dirt as you can hope for without using something abrasive I believe. I'm guessing if I went after it with naptha and a magic eraser I'd get the better part of it but then I'd be removing clear. I could put down a piece of mylar after doing so but I try not to let it bother me to be honest. I should have been more observant too on my purchase as mine had some broken plastics I didn't spot. For now I am cleaning it more frequently and keeping a good coat of wax on it so it shouldn't get any worse.

#7391 8 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Can anyone confirm that the sizes of rings on Titan's Database are accurate for the Pro? I saw another thread just posted stating that what's in the manual is inaccurate and that they've spent $200 in extra rings that they didn't need (I'm not sure how that's possible?)
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5679

I'm not sure how that is possible either, I ordered from Titan recently, but double ordered, red and translucent because I couldn't make my mind up . I ended up going translucent.

These were my items:
TWD Ring List (resized).png

I also went with Titan's "skinny Stern post sleeves" which were indeed thinner than what was on my machine, which did impact game play a little.

#7393 8 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I definitely see some discrepancies with your list and even the 4 lists on Titan's Database, with sizes listed and with QTYs. The QTYs aren't as big of a deal, since I would rather order a few extra than not have enough, but the sizes listed is what bothers me. So you used all of the sizes in that list, with the "Count" as you have, not the "Extra"?

I ended up ordering extra beyond my extra when I was in there so I used all the size types for sure but I think there would be extra based on what I used. I saw the other thread for TWD and someone indicated that there was a change from the manual to a '7', but I'd need to cross reference my machine with what I ordered to see what a 7 is because I don't have a 7 on my list.

#7397 8 months ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

I'll go with roar too - I am importing these to the UK - so hope they are right

Yikes... no pressure there... let me cross reference my cart from Titan... hold guys

Edit:

This is my full order from Titan and it all went to use on my TWD Pro model (Note: I added some corner protectors, extra flipper rubbers to see what Yellow looked like and an extra shooter tip for my MET, also extra's in there as I debated between clear and red... I love the clear btw but went with red post sleeves):

Product Model Quantity Price Total
Titan Superior Corner Protectors
- Corner Washer Size: 7/8"
- Corner Washer Color: Red CPW-78-RED 6 $0.58 $3.48
Titan Competition Silicone Rings
- Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Stand..
- Ring Color: Red CS-FLIP-RD 2 $1.45 $2.90
- Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Stand..
- Ring Color: Yellow CS-FLIP-YE 2 $1.45 $2.90
- Ring Size: 2 1/2 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Red CS-212ID-RD 2 $1.36 $2.72
- Ring Size: 2 1/2 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Translucent CS-212ID-CL 2 $1.36 $2.72
- Ring Size: 7/16 O.D.
- Ring Color: Red CS-716OD-RD 8 $0.68 $5.44
- Ring Size: 7/16 O.D.
- Ring Color: Translucent CS-716OD-CL 8 $0.68 $5.44
- Ring Size: 3/16 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Red CS-316ID-RD 14 $0.70 $9.80
- Ring Size: 3/16 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Translucent CS-316ID-CL 14 $0.70 $9.80
- Ring Size: 3/4 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Red CS-34ID-RD 4 $0.99 $3.96
- Ring Size: 3/4 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Translucent CS-34ID-CL 4 $0.99 $3.96
- Ring Size: 2 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Red CS-2ID-RD 1 $1.28 $1.28
- Ring Size: 2 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Translucent CS-2ID-CL 1 $1.28 $1.28
- Ring Size: Post Sleeve - Stern ..
- Ring Color: Translucent CS-POSTST-CL 3 $1.35 $4.05
- Ring Size: 1 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Red CS-1ID-RD 1 $1.08 $1.08
- Ring Size: 1 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Translucent CS-1ID-CL 1 $1.08 $1.08
- Ring Size: 7/16 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Red CS-716ID-RD 2 $0.80 $1.60
- Ring Size: 7/16 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Translucent CS-716ID-CL 2 $0.80 $1.60
- Ring Size: 5/16 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Red CS-516ID-RD 3 $0.72 $2.16
- Ring Size: 5/16 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Translucent CS-516ID-CL 3 $0.72 $2.16
- Ring Size: Shooter Tip
- Ring Color: Red CS-SHOOTER-RD 1 $0.99 $0.99
- Ring Size: Shooter Tip
- Ring Color: Purple CS-SHOOTER-PU 1 $0.99 $0.99
- Ring Size: Post Sleeve - Stern ..
- Ring Color: Red CS-POSTST-RD 3 $1.35 $4.05

#7399 8 months ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Well that's just made it worse ROAR LOL

That should pretty closely match the spreadsheet I created above, I know I threw extra stuff in when ordering as I wanted to make ordering from the states worth my while if you know what I mean

Pictures so you can see what the clear's look like... kind of... I'm not a great photographer

IMG_6772 (resized).JPGIMG_6776 (resized).JPGIMG_6780 (resized).JPGIMG_6781 (resized).JPGIMG_6783 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#7418 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Exactly this. I believe on factory it’s the 1st set, then twice dropped after that (3rd, 5th, etc).

I don’t think it is even that straight forward... for example if you knock down a set and then don’t start a mode and knock down another you cant bank sets towards a future mode you need to start a mode and finish it before making two sets in a row.

I can’t recall if they carry forward between balls, first thought is they don’t. So if you drain after knocking a set down and that set didn’t start a mode you need to knock two sets down again when your next ball starts... I’m foggy on that one though.

#7420 8 months ago
Quoted from Monk:

I didn’t even think about that. If they don’t carry over, I might not be good enough for this machine. It frustrates me the most by far out of all the games I’ve had.

It’s a tough game but I love it. I can get to Horde but Seige, Terminus and Last Man Standing all allude me. Was close to seige earlier this week but two quick drains and I was done. I still haven’t cracked 100 walker kills yet so I’m a ways from LMS too!

1 week later
#7441 8 months ago
Quoted from Maken:

Right here. For me, the ultimate version would be the current Pro with spinners.

Hopefully if timebandit returns to the scene after a break his TotalLightShow kit will implement them for the pro along with an enhanced light show... that would be perfect.

#7443 8 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Aren’t the light changes minimal on the le vs pro? If I recall the arrows were color changing and maybe gi was red during horde?

I think you’re right but I think TimeBandit can make the lights do anything he wants so he could make them better.

#7453 7 months ago
Quoted from getadam:

I'm joining the club this Thursday when my TWD arrives! I'm psyched because I love Lyman coded games.
I've never actually played the game. So my question is about the @cleland sound package since my game will come pre-loaded this way. Since I never have played TWD, do I lose any callouts that provide instructions with Cleland? Until I know how to play the game I want all the rules help I can get.
If I do decide to reset to the standard code, can I still get the Cleland code?
Thanks all!

I've actually never played the standard code... at least not in an environment I could actually hear it. If you go back to stock I'm pretty sure you can find the Cleland code somewhere, isn't there a backup option though prior to overwriting?

Your best bet really truly is to watch this stream:

I watched it before bringing mine home and it is invaluable.

#7466 7 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

As usual, I'm bored and looking at some mods for my TWD. Anyone add those blood splatter decals? Just wondering if it looks good or too much? Any pics?
https://cointaker.com/products/twd-blood-splatter-decals

First pic in the link was pretty subtle, took a minute to focus and realize the stickers were on the ramp... I think there is a enough red and blood on the game already to be honest. Just IMO of course. My game came with the the blood dripping flipper toppers and removed them to go back to the standard yellow. I also removed the prison tower mod and Woodbury sign from my game so maybe I'm not the best judge

#7483 7 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I may tap into the left sling (switch #26) or right sling ( switch #27). After looking at page 11. Not sure what sling value is, Can't get to game now (@ work) but that may be the best place.

As to not impact game play sling is probably a better choice, counting hits towards Tower with a spinner would make collecting that EB too easy as well as throwing off the frequency you get 2X. Even putting it on the sling will make collecting Well Warker MB jackbots easier as one good rip through the spinner will count as a pile of switch hits... also impacting Blood Bath multiball. I’d love a spinner on my pro but I’m not sure there is a good place to tie it, unless slings don’t count as switch hits for the two Mulitballs?

#7498 7 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is the left ramp a pain to remove?

Had that ramp off the other day while swapping out the pop-bumper body with a clear read one. It wasn't hard, at least not on the pro. It has a switch on it which my pro had a plug for so I could unplug it and the lights for Bicycle Girl which I didn't need to remove all the way as I only need to move the ramp to the side so I could access the pop... you also need to take the plastic on the back off as the ramps run behind it... that plastic only had one tough to reach screw on it, the bottom right side of it.

1 week later
#7512 7 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It happens on mine too. Also happens on classic Ballys, and the Stern Stars I'm babysitting. Basically, it just happens.

This happens to me too... happened on the stock black targets and also with the clear ones I replaced them with... naturally it seems to occur at the worst possible time, like one target left to start blood bath and you drain off the shot

#7540 7 months ago
Quoted from Monk:

I never noticed the color of mine before you posted this. I now need to change these pops.

I went with the red skirts and red bodies... black skirts were a nice touch... their clear drops look pretty great too IMO.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/148#post-4764678

1 week later
#7548 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I'm considering a Pro, but the comments about the pop bumper/magnet drains SDTM have me a little concerned. Can someone confirm that their machine was remedied with leveling, or is it really a design flaw that required additional rubber etc.
Thanks!

I’d say it was design intention more than a flaw... the game is hard. I drain SDTM way more often from the pops then from the magnet but the opportunity to drain from the pips also occurs way more frequently so it makes sense. Still haven’t mastered timing the nudge right coming out of the pops to reduce the frequency.

#7593 6 months ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Horde mode is also a popular video game mode, usually a mini-game, where you face an unlimited amount of enemies coming after you wave after wave. I'm guessing that might have influenced the name too. Thank god -- who wants Herd mode.

Haha, just reading "who wants Herd mode" put everything in perspective Haha... thank you for that laugh.

2 weeks later
#7613 6 months ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

If you are getting SDTM out of the pops, its a setup issue. I never have that happen. Prison, well, sometimes it happens. Most of the time on mine it doesnt, but occasionally it does. Same as it does on Metallica. A short ball save timer or a you hit no switches after the magnet activated timer would have been nice. It doesnt happen that often though. I would say I get more pissed off at the well walker magnet throwing the ball hard at the outlane and draining it. That happens way more to me than off the prison.

I am totally up for the idea that SDTM out of the pops being a setup issue... but if it is... how do I correct it? I do very little nudging on my pins so I'm guessing I am going to be even more susceptible to SDTM from the pop's than others but what slope should I be at? My bubble is in the middle and I'm level side to side on the game. It is entirely possible for me to drain SDTM with multiple balls in a row.

#7616 6 months ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

For most people giving it a tiny bit of lean to the left (instead of being perfectly flat) helps with the pop issue. There are other ways to do it though, its been mentioned in this thread a bunch. Some add a ring, some add some velcro.

I'll mess with pitch and level, no way I'd add a ring or velcro though. That's just cheating

3 weeks later
#7693 5 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've gotten to Horde a few times, but I swear this game sucks balls for being intuitive on the rules. I still don't know how I collected all the weapons.

Edit; Just read that you've watched the video... that is all I'd think you'd need to understand the game?
Edit#2: In retrospect, to say I learnt everything I needed to know from watching the videos is unfair. More credit should be given to chambahz as well who really laid out strategy and clarified any of the questions I had.

#7695 5 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've read the rules/watched videos a few times. I don't know. I think I get CDC mode, but have yet to really score big on it. The other modes, I still don't know. Do I just keep hitting the same shot over and over?
Same with WW multiball..do you aim for pops/spinners? I don't know.
Blood Bath...I never remember what to do there either.

Each Mode is different, CDC you need to start and then with each additional shot to the Bicycle Girl ramp after starting CDC will light one of the other 4 major shots, Barn, Riot, Tunnel and Arena. So drop the 3 targets, shot CDC to start it, then shoot it 4 more times to light each of the major shots, then shoot each of the major shots to collect points, then shoot CDC two more times to end the mode. Do all this while 2X playfield is lit by shooting the tower and then timing your 'X' multiplier bonus for your final shot into the CDC shot and you can rack up hundreds of millions on your last shot through depending on where your 'X' multiplier is at. You build your 'X' multiplier by collecting Walker kills, every 2 walker kills gives you a 1x bonus, so collect 10 walker kills before rollover the 'X' insert through either inlane and you would have a 5x bonus on your next shot. Building this bonus in combination with the 2x playfield bonus is the way to score big.

All modes work a little differently... Barn, Riot and Arena all have you hitting the same shot over and over to collect more points while Tunnel and CDC have you spreading your shots out.

#7696 5 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My approach:
Knock down drops on left to light a mode.
Start a mode that is easiest for you to shoot (for me it's Barn or CDC).
Continue lighting supplies (drops) to work towards Bloodbath + one of the other MBs (Well walker or Prison)
During this time, continue to try working towards getting Mulitkills to work towards Horde.
At some point, start a MB and stack Bloodbath when you're down to your last 2 balls. Bloodbath has add-a-balls.
Whilst doing all of this, you're working towards Seige, which is starting all 5 modes....AND you're also working towards Last Man Standing with walker kills.
If you are just working towards Horde, you're basically working towards the other 2 Wizard modes as well.
As far is the individual modes go, shoot the blinking shots. Basically explained in the Mulitkill section that I pasted above.

You are actually working towards Terminus after starting all 5 modes, Seige is for completing Prison MB... which is impossible Still haven't done that... and I'm no where near LMS.

#7700 5 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

What’s the difference between Horde and Terminus?

Horde is collect all the Multi-Kill weapons, Terminus is complete all the modes (Barn, CDC, Riot, Tunnel, Arena). I've done Terminus once since I got the machine and Horde numerous... a dozen+ I'd say? Close to Seige, and no where near LMS

#7702 5 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Funny thing is, I get the CDC mode. Why does it seem like there is so much to that mode, but others are just hit the same shot repeatedly? I guess that's why I don't see the hype about the code.

CDC and Tunnel have the most going on in the sense you don't keep shooting the same shot... the hype about the code I'd say is how it all flows together, you've got modes to complete, multi-kill weapons to collect, Blood Bath MultiBall to stack with either Prison or WW, all the while you are collecting walker kills and building you 'x' multiplier... add-a-ball on Blood Bath stacked with prison or WW while you've got another mode running while trying to avoid collecting your 'x' multiplier, while hitting the targets next to the prison so you can get 2X lit is just a ton of fun... then you've got Horde which is a pretty intense MB with lights and sound, Terminus I can't evaluate very well cause I've only seen it once... then the challenge to get to LMS... holy smokes, that's a journey in itself, but it isn't like you need to focus on any one of these things, they just all flow together perfectly... you look up and you've got 4 of 5 modes collected, 5 of 6 multikill weapons collected, your inching towards your next extraball from walker kills but you've also made tower a number of times too so maybe you should chase that MB... so much to do... all the while the game is just brutal and can drain centre or out lanes at any time in less than a second with one bad shot of the post to the arena shot.

#7730 5 months ago
Quoted from T7:

Just a reminder of this TWD Game Guide (Rules)....
http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=913

This is pretty awesome! I had not seen this before. This link and SirMcTuna's video should be pinned and must read/watch for any TWD owners.

1 week later
#7767 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just ordered the color dmd.. 420.00! Pretty expensive upgrade. Can someone recommend the latest and greatest firmware with updated sounds/music?

I've got the cleland mix on 1.60 I believe it is on a ColorDMD... I think the ColorDMD mod is the best bang for your buck on any upgrade... personal opinion of course.

3 weeks later
#7808 4 months ago

I like your positivity!

#7821 4 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Have a pro ad finally played a premium last night several times. Men, what a difference is the bicycle girl ramp. Also the steepness is a lot different. My pro is much more fluid. The well walker magnet is not as active as I expected to.
Anyway, both are great pins and for those having a pro like me, don’t worry, you are having a great pin.

The extra drop and the spinners are cool on the premium and I like the crossbow too... I love my pro but I'd trade it for a premium + cash if the option came up.

#7823 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Two words. Walker bombs. So effing good.

Do the walker bombs make LMS more attainable? I don't even know how they work but it sounds like they give you more walker kills... which would be nice.

#7827 4 months ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I think the main way people use walker bombs is to get Well Walker one hit away from multiball, then ignore the well walker and progress other areas of the game. When they drain the use the bomb to start well walker multiball. Almost like a ball save that lasts the entire ball.

I do this on my pro with a good solid nudge that registers a well walker hit... my shaker motor is also capable of registering a well walker hit. Never thought much about and haven't played enough on others to know if they do the same. Thanks for the explanation though, makes sense.

1 month later
#7971 81 days ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I had the same once.. but had another ball... and I even bricked that one too...

I don't know how heck you're supposed to even finish LMS... you need ANOTHER 115 kills once you start it!?! Unless you can light all the multikill weapons at once and start stacking kills somehow I don't know how it is possible to finish it.

#7974 81 days ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

SPOILER: there are some rules you can obtain the 115 a bit quicker

I'm torn on whether I investigate it more or not as I'd love it to be a surprise if/when I make it there. After about 10 months of ownership I still haven't made LMS or Seige. Terminus only once but I can manage Horde somewhat frequently. I often have to just turn the game off in utter frustration.

3 weeks later
#8039 60 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can you believe I am still having issues with the well walker triggering by itself. My pinball tech has been over twice now, adjusted the switch like 50 times, and still having random hits. He adjusted the spring and it made it more tense, and I think it helped a bit, but still having occasional ghost shots. Maybe spring needs to be even tighter. This is like the goofiest switch

Do you have a shaker motor? The only ghost hits I get is when my shaker goes off.

#8074 56 days ago

Watch the buffalopinball tutorial to learn the rules. Prepare to swear... a lot! Practice the drops on the left... a lot! I would personally not add any mods whatsoever as I can’t think of one that actually makes the game play better. Leave the out-lanes alone, you don’t need to make the game easier, just play better.

1 week later
#8120 48 days ago

Stoked to see this show up in the mail, got my tracking yesterday, August 7th is the expected date.

#8149 42 days ago

Got my alternate translite from flipordie today and I'm speechless... thankfully that doesn't mean I can't type about how amazing I think it is. It really has exceeded expectations, I love it!

Only problem I've got now is that I want a new playfield, plastics and side art to match! How much cash do we need to pull together to crowdfund that initiative????

IMG_6829 (resized).JPGIMG_6831 (resized).JPGIMG_6832 (resized).JPG
#8165 36 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

thank you. Mine is closed. Any idea why a well walker hit might have been triggered in the pops?

Do you have a shaker motor? Mine will register occasionally when the ball is flying around the pop's and the shaker motor is going off all at the same time... I haven't spent any time trying do adjust it, the whole machine is shaking pretty hard with 3 solenoids constantly firing and a shaker motor going off at the same time.

1 week later
#8216 28 days ago

It’s a good game for me when I see the second extra ball (60 Walker Kills) I never get the tower extra ball. I’ve left my game set to stock settings so out lanes aren’t closed all the way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roswell, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside