IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 236.
#1 9 years ago

I have finally been able to log quite a few games on my TWD and have a few thoughts.

1. The callouts do not bother me as a placeholder, that actually make me smile a bit. I took my hockey seriously when I played, if this is the pinnacle of your competitive life...I apologize.

2. There are actually some great shots on this pin, a few like I've never personally seen before as well as 2 tight as hell outer shots.

3. The DMD animations are great.

4. I personally really like the stock lighting, but will be comparing pics to a swap out I did with some Comets.

5. Magnet is well integrated already and will only get better with each update we get.

There is much more we need to discuss, and I need to get to bed.

I will say that this is the first pin in a long time that I always get that want one more game feel out of it.

Falling asleep here.........just wanted us to have a club as of tonight. More talk tomorrow.....Night All

#2 9 years ago

^^^...C'mon.....just one more...!!! ...............Joey

#3 9 years ago

Has anyone elses plunges been banging into the Woodbury exit?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Has anyone elses plunges been banging into the Woodbury exit?

I have not seen this but I did have a really odd shot occur just a moment ago. After coming back from the prison entrance the ball was flipped really strong up the cdc ramp and flew out the top of the ramp behind the backboard into the back of the cabinet. I am assuming this is a rare occurance but curious if anyone has seen this happen.

#5 9 years ago

I had a shot go airborne when i hit the right loop then when it was flying down the left side I immediately shot the right ramp. When it was coming down the left side of the ramp and hit that little dip it jumped it like a car ramp. But that ball was hauling ass.

#6 9 years ago

Do you guys mind posting a few pics of your TWDs?? I love seeing pics of games in the home setting next to other pins.

#7 9 years ago

Here's my lineup.
Ordered 5 each red, orange, and yellow LEDS to put under the inserts that are colored for them, plus a yellow flasher for the railroad symbol. Should make those colors less washed out than with the white LED under the colored insert. Also swapped out the green start button for a red one. There is no happy green in TWD!

Had to turn my coils to soft to get things somewhat under control. Damn thing was flinging air balls everywhere with them on Normal. I'll play it for a while like this and then compare. Are you guys still playing on factory outlanes or did you close them up already?

Has anyone noticed if their Bicycle Girl, Crossbow, or Fishtank lights do anything yet? I know they're plugged in because they come on for the light show, but nothing in play that I've noticed yet.

Also, I'm keeping a community updated rules sheet here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AeilyWnqi9J44rxazO9G6JXYLLw_8Y8gYC4dSCbIFl8/edit#
Feel free to contribute or correct as we learn.

IMG_4294.jpgIMG_4294.jpg
#8 9 years ago

I will post pics of our horror line up tonight

#9 9 years ago

I have had my Dead on my location for almost a week now. So far, its been great. I have seen so many non pinball players try that game for the first time and also play the others I have there. Im a happy camper :-0

#10 9 years ago

We have to do some lineup rearranging still, but this is where TWD is at the moment... Creature and AFM will be moved into this row as well

20141014_184054-1.jpg20141014_184054-1.jpg 20141014_184546-1.jpg20141014_184546-1.jpg 20141014_184732-1.jpg20141014_184732-1.jpg 20141014_184410-543.jpg20141014_184410-543.jpg
#11 9 years ago

Does anyone really know if they are running the LE's this week? Got the topper and no game!

IMG_2870.JPGIMG_2870.JPG
#12 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Does anyone really know if they are running the LE's this week? Got the topper and no game!

You're going to put a KitchenAid electric stove on top of your brand new Walking Dead LE pin?
Man, that's crazy

#13 9 years ago

Nope, the LED clock.

#14 9 years ago

Well, if you put the stove on top and a zombie head in the oven and light it with LED's then I do think you have the best topper.

#15 9 years ago

The more time I get in on this pin, the more I am really liking it. Some very hard shots mixed in with some easy ones, seems Borg has found a great flowing, tough shot making, fun as hell machine.

#16 9 years ago

Just got mine set up last night and played a couple games on it. I am loving it. Seems like a brutal game and should only get better with more code. I think it definitely needs speaker upgrades or some type of sub, the sound just doesn't seem to go hand in hand with the theme.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Just got mine set up last night and played a couple games on it. I am loving it. Seems like a brutal game and should only get better with more code. I think it definitely needs speaker upgrades or some type of sub, the sound just doesn't seem to go hand in hand with the theme.

I'm with ya on that. I have a extra sub I'm gonna hookup to mine.

#18 9 years ago

Here is a doc to report bugs. Maybe Stern will take a peek, maybe not. If you find something, feel free to add it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Oghf83IEZFSMQfs5LlJnxiLASr6Nvt0Kkv-hF6YAer0/edit?usp=sharing

#19 9 years ago

Finally got a chance to play it today and although the volume was low and the room was bright I could tell this is a fine pinball machine, good shots and fast. I will definitely be weakening the lowest popup just to increase speed from that area, the right ramp is difficult to hit but in a good way. Great time even on the 5 or 6 games I had and if you like Met then you will like this in fact due to the theme its better for me, the well walker isn't even close to being as obtrusive as the Wolverine, I had no problem with the zombie head in the prison looked great and while the code is early I can only surmise that by the time Lyman works it all out that there is a real gem here, too early to be 100% but very impressed from my first play's. I think the LE will be fantastic, can't wait.

#20 9 years ago

Gotta say, the more this game is played in our house, the more and more love it gets. There are a great variety of shots here, and by that I mean about half 1/3 are easy...1/3 are kind of tricky...1/3 are big balls. The well walker is fine, nothing exciting, but fine. Prison walker is a great toy with the magnet there, I get ZERO SDTM balls, not sure whats up with some people on here....poor leveling at set up? I know I was tempted to just go once those legs were on !!! The music is outstanding and the callouts don't kill you once they are said enough, I hardly hear them, just flailing trying to keep the ball alive.

I think the best endorsement is this: A pinhead get together had all in attendance pleasantly surprised by the layout and how different the little nuances gave it, 3 of them have asked where I got mine and have plans to get one........all would be their first NIB.

Several non pinheads have played and had a blast. I've watched plenty over the years become visibly frustrated by pins, but not this one.....seems to have a little for all levels.

#21 9 years ago

I played it for the first time this weekend as well and only put 10 games or so on it. From what I can tell early on, it seems to be a fun pin indeed. Just a few issues with the center head bash toy registering on every hit, but it was a fast fun machine.

#22 9 years ago

anyone have any idea when the LE are being shipped? I heard they were on the line last week at the Stern factory.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

anyone have any idea when the LE are being shipped? I heard they were on the line last week at the Stern factory.

Thats what I heard too. I'm kinda expecting mine around the first of November, at least before the Thanksgiving holiday. I recall that was when my STLE was shipped to my house, so I'm guessing Stern kinda follows the same schedule.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Thats what I heard too. I'm kinda expecting mine around the first of November, at least before the Thanksgiving holiday. I recall that was when my STLE was shipped to my house, so I'm guessing Stern kinda follows the same schedule.

sweet, thanks.

#25 9 years ago

I'm in!!!

photo 1-411.JPGphoto 1-411.JPG

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG

photo 4.JPGphoto 4.JPG

photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG

photo 4-514.JPGphoto 4-514.JPG

photo 1-252.JPGphoto 1-252.JPG

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I'm in!!!

photo 2.JPG 47 KB

photo 1.JPG 35 KB

photo 4.JPG 38 KB

photo 3.JPG 49 KB

photo 4-514.JPG 39 KB

photo 1-252.JPG 41 KB

photo 1-411.JPG 18 KB

Wow, how did you get your well walker custom painted so quickly?

#27 9 years ago

Wow, how did you get your well walker custom painted so quickly?

That's how he looked right out of the box

#28 9 years ago

I am in too
1146514_10205138488168617_1905950812008886107_n.jpg1146514_10205138488168617_1905950812008886107_n.jpg10396272_10205138487208593_2519023133497512786_n.jpg10396272_10205138487208593_2519023133497512786_n.jpg10574457_10205136014066766_6387202770018390355_n.jpg10574457_10205136014066766_6387202770018390355_n.jpg10482225_10205124696343830_7200418449036743704_n.jpg10482225_10205124696343830_7200418449036743704_n.jpg

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

That's how he looked right out of the box

What!? Stern must have changed the way they do the figures on the later runs. From the pics other people posted of their well walker and the pics on Sterns website the well walker isn't painted that nice with the bright yellows and bloody eyes.

#30 9 years ago

Has anyone else tried changing out some of the GI on the backboard? I've got a mix of mostly red with a single warm white, and I think it looks pretty cool - what do you think?

Out of the Box
IMG_4316.jpgIMG_4316.jpg

All Red Backboard GI
IMG_4313.jpgIMG_4313.jpg

Red with single warm white
IMG_4320.jpgIMG_4320.jpg

The fact that there's no GI back there on the right side, due to the fishtank, makes what you do on the left more dominant, and somewhat overpowering if all color, in my opinion. I'm working up an idea to mod the fishtank to give it some light, and hopefully a flickering random effect when you hit the right ramp. I've got the design for the flicker done, but not yet finished on the switchover from solid to flickering when you hit the ramp. I'll post more as I make progress, and eventually either make a bunch to sell, or post instructions to make your own.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Has anyone else tried changing out some of the GI on the backboard? I've got a mix of mostly red with a single warm white, and I think it looks pretty cool - what do you think?
Out of the Box

All Red Backboard GI

Red with single warm white

The fact that there's no GI back there on the right side, due to the fishtank, makes what you do on the left more dominant, and somewhat overpowering if all color, in my opinion. I'm working up an idea to mod the fishtank to give it some light, and hopefully a flickering random effect when you hit the right ramp. I've got the design for the flicker done, but not yet finished on the switchover from solid to flickering when you hit the ramp. I'll post more as I make progress, and eventually either make a bunch to sell, or post instructions to make your own.

IMG_4316.jpg 228 KB

IMG_4313.jpg 217 KB

IMG_4320.jpg 186 KB

Not only do I like the red with a single warm, I think I'm going to steal that scheme for my own machine. It makes it look like it's dusk outside of the prison. Way cool!

#32 9 years ago

Yeah - I wasn't going for that, but it ended up looking like a sunset situation, which I though was kind of awesome.
The order left to right was red, soft white, red, red, red

#33 9 years ago

It seems that the french distributor received the first LE by plane today for a big event this weekend.

#34 9 years ago

Cant wait for the crappy cell phone footage!

#35 9 years ago

Can we also make sure that the person being filmed is a terrible player, AND that the machine is no where near to level or proper incline? I want to make sure we get the full and proper experience

In breaking news, I just snapped off my brand new Woodbury sign with a high heater off the left flipper. Had a screaming orbit shot coming around at Mach 3.1, took a shot with the left flipper and sent that bad boy long and deep like a Babe Ruth home run shot. Warning on that shot, folks, its a doosey. 2nd time its happened, but the last time I didn't have the Woodbury sign, and it hit the right ramp switch assembly, knocking the wire hinge loose. I think I'll need to work on my drop catch.

#36 9 years ago

Now we are getting somewhere, cell phone footage, bad player, terrible set up and I think a Stern hater with a megaphone doing commentary would be good and while watching somehow electric shocks are emitting from the screen damaging our optical receptors. That's the way you shoot a video, this is going to be epic.

#37 9 years ago

Glad you guys are enjoying it so far. I can't wait for my LE to arrive!

#38 9 years ago

Man, my first new in box pin and I am already regretting it. My well walker is not all painted up like yours is. Guess I have learned my lesson and won't order or buy until later from now on. Seems like the guinea pigs get the short end of the stick in this deal. Bummer. I do like what you did with the lighting, is quite impressive and may have to do it with mine. I was wondering how they did that blue glow that they have in the promo shots?

#39 9 years ago

Ooops. Anyone who thinks that the well walker is not painted go take a picture with the flash on. Mine always looks dull while playing but the picture I just took tells otherwise My bad.20141022_193921.jpg20141022_193921.jpg

#40 9 years ago

Posted in another TWD thread, in case you missed it. Pinball Refinery's TWD at the Pinball Life open house. Pretty sweet. TFTC was WAAAAYYY too loud, though.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Posted in another TWD thread, in case you missed it. Pinball Refinery's TWD at the Pinball Life open house. Pretty sweet. TFTC was WAAAAYYY too loud, though.
» YouTube video

Oh, man! I want to hump that thing!! I love the LED scheme and that fence is BADASS!!! Me want.

#42 9 years ago

I played it last weekend on location.

As others have said it has that one more game attraction to it.
It's fun as hell and for a pro does not seem lacking.
The code out of the box seems pretty good.
Not complete but a great start that does not lack for lots to do.
Over all a good location or home game.
Stern hits another out of the park.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Now we are getting somewhere, cell phone footage, bad player, terrible set up and I think a Stern hater with a megaphone doing commentary would be good and while watching somehow electric shocks are emitting from the screen damaging our optical receptors. That's the way you shoot a video, this is going to be epic.

Oh, and I forgot, you HAVE to have a STLE right next to it with the volume cranked to the max.

#44 9 years ago

Well of course. If not you might hear the game being filmed, come on man.

#45 9 years ago

Hazoff, you are going to love your LE. I don't have these problems people are bitching about and it is a quick flower with just enough quirkiness to set it aside from other designs. Just make sure it is leveled perfect in all directions and have fun !!!

#46 9 years ago

I loved playing the pro so very excited and now with the Alien LE pin coming at some point to be friends with The Predator and TWDLE close by I have for the first time a real line up of pins that are fully my taste.

#47 9 years ago

I installed a under cab lighting kit from rock custom pinball looks great.

#48 9 years ago

Put up 99 million today with a kick ass game! Very proud of myself. Had a great multiplier combo on the pop bumper jackpot. Serious points there if you build it up right. Think I netted 7.5 million on it for a single shot.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Put up 99 million today with a kick ass game! Very proud of myself. Had a great multiplier combo on the pop bumper jackpot. Serious points there if you build it up right. Think I netted 7.5 million on it for a single shot.

So you're still enjoying the game? No SDTM balls like everyone is complaining about? My LE is coming soon so I'd like to know what you think of it after some extended play.

#50 9 years ago

I've put over 200 plays on it so far. No STDM problems. That's not to say I don't stem once in a while. It's pinball. That happens. Place a lazy shot halfway up a ramp? Sometimes you're going to get punished for it. That's pinball. STDMs off the magnet got cleared up after I leveled my machine. So did rollers out of the pops. That said, the pops on this game are not a 100% safe return to flippers! and I think people are complaining and not liking that. I dig it. You need to watch how it's rolling out and be proactive. You can tell when it's going to be a close one before it's too late, and give it the right nudge, you just have to be paying attention.
As for the outlanes, they are absolutely brutal, and make me want to take Bowen's advice on lanes. "How do you make it go inlane or outlane? Easy, you don't. Keep it away from them." The way the outlane side rubber sits lower on the playfield makes this very unsafe territory. Use the ramps for safe return and collecting the shot multiplier. You don't want to get bit! That said, by all means when y get a multiball and a ball saver, go ahead and drain one out and get that nice juicy bit bonus. Free points!

The only mechanical issue I have right now is that if I take a full flip on a ball screaming around on the tunnel shot, that flip is usually going to be a massive air ball. Like break my Woodbury sign home run ball. So I may need to adjust my flipper rubber a little bit. I really do enjoy this game, and find the type of challenge it gives a very refreshing change. Not much in the way of random cheap drains the way my xmen does - which also doesn't bug me. Those come from magneto and wolverine just being assholes and throwing the ball around. It fits that theme. In this game I find that 90+ % of my drains I can see coming! and just didn't think properly to nudge it right. It's maddeningly addictive that way. Will you get a slam power drain from a bad aimed shot sometimes? Yep. That's pinball. The slow floater that goes over the outlane rubber and right in like a Larry bird three pointer? My fault for sitting there staring at it. Every. Single. Time. It's hypnotic. Why don't I nudge that thing?

I haven't touched my PoTC or Xmen since TWD got here they are getting jealous.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.