Topic Stats

• 8,276 posts
  • 556 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,404 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg
07FB0307-F475-4C6D-A222-92FFA102C92A (resized).jpeg
IMG_6831 (resized).JPG
IMG_6832 (resized).JPG
IMG_6829 (resized).JPG
IMG20190805123003 (resized).jpg
shot1.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2378 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

OK, so I accidentally walked ( no pun intended) into this club. I picked up a WD pro this weekend at the Ohio show. I have no clue how to play this pin. Can I get the cliff notes on this game? ......Please

Tutorial video by Bowen Kerins

There are about twenty different gameplay videos at http://papa.org/learning-center/
The one where Keith Elwin scores about a billion six on an LE is very entertaining.

#2456 3 years ago

The Woodbury shot works like this. The two star rollovers and the two skill lanes are the potential targets. Use your flippers to move the bonus you want to the rollover or lane you want, then use the flippers to select it, then plunge. If your ball goes to where you choose then you get the bonus.

1 month later
#2698 3 years ago

5 balls is cheating! Most scores you see are 3 balls, you can set yours any way you like. Go through your manual, it's adjustable from the menu.

High scores are the factory default, they are adjustable from the menu.

Angles - there are apps you can use or any of several different models of level you can find at Lowes, Amazon, etc.
A 6" digital level that shows degrees off level works well. Measure from multiple places on the playfield. Don't measure on the glass.

3 weeks later
#2806 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

I played a friends TWD last night and nudged it so hard it tipped over and he's not happy about it

You can't accidentally tip over a pinball machine. If you threw one on the ground you should replace it.

#2825 3 years ago
Quoted from Nifti:

So my NIB TWD Premium has the right outlane drain and right outline switches mixed up, so if you make the left ramp within the ball save time you get two ball multiball, of course no actual goal or jackpots.

How is the multi-ball related to the switches being mixed up? Are you saying it's normal to start a two ball multi-ball by making the bicycle girl ramp during ball save?

#2836 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

woodbury shot... do I just want to go only as far as the lit rollover to collect? I think that's right as I have gotten the million points by hitting just that rollover.

You select which target you want. The four options are first rollover, second rollover, first lane, or second lane. You also select the reward you want at that target. Flippers are used to make both choices but I can't recall the exact behavior. I think if you keep hitting left the reward positions cycle through as your target choice stays on first rollover and if you keep hitting right your target choice cycles through eventually ending on the 2nd lane and then the rewards cycle if you continue to flip right.

1 month later
#3077 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Exactly, it's not like a few setting changes all of a sudden leave you smashing LMS every other game. It just makes the journey a little more fun.
What it really does, statistically I think, is bring up your average MINIMUM score. When I make a game more friendly, I find that the ten million scores go away and a bad game is now 70 million. That doesn't mean I am now cranking out half a bill every game. But it does mean I get more chance to practice in the meat of the game rather than wasting half my starts on just getting one thing lit.

Settings where you can achieve your goal about 30% of the time give an appropriate incentive for many people to keep trying. Chess programs are a good example. Most players would never beat a chess computer on the hardest level. You set it so you win about one game out of three or four. The idea is you are rewarded, but incentiveized to continue to improve.

1 week later
#3188 3 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

The fishtank was avaialble as a mod for the pro for a bit , I have not been able to find any in stock though I think they stopped producing them

The tank and three heads have part numbers in the LE manual available at Stern.
I'm guessing Stern wouldn't make a separate tank for the pro. Mezelmods & Laseriffic have some mods/lighting for the tank. There is also the $400 fishtank topper. Great but for that price.

1 month later
#3400 3 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

when I go to plunge a ball, about once in five times it registers a walker as killed. The Well-Walker seems to get randomly hit. I've raised the playfield but literally don't know what the hell I'm looking for.

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Your well walker switch probably needs adjustment. (in normal position the switch is closed, which is the opposite of most other switches!)
Also reseat the connectors below the playfield for the well walker.
Best to test using the switch test! .

Page 2 in your manual shows how to get into the switch test. Page 9 has more details about the test.
Step 1 Press [SELECT]
Step 2 With the "DIAG" Icon highlighted, press [SELECT]
Step 3 With the "SW" Icon hightlighted, press [SELECT]
Step 4 With the "TEST" Icon highlighted, press [SELECT]

Page 10 shows your switch matrix. Well Walker is switch 2. Verify this by manually activating your Well Walker. Note the switch that shows on your DMD when doing so.
Next, nudge or slap your machine a bit and see if the Well Walker switch is activating. If it is, you know the switch needs adjusting. If it's a different switch, look at your switch matrix and page 11 in your manual. Figure out the location of the malfunctioning switch and adjust it.

#3409 3 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Playfield is great.
I just can't figure out how to adjust the switch on the well-walker so it doesn't register phantom hits. Kind of frustrating--my best buddy is coming in from out of town just to play this today!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-wellwalker-adjustment

Copied from the above thread (which has helpful photos):

Looks like the easiest way will be bend the arm slightly away from the switch.

If you don't have a spare spring you could try cutting a coil or two from one end and reconnecting. Be SURE you have the ability to bend the newly cut spring in a manner that will reattach to where you detached it from.

Page B14 in your manual shows the spring part number 265-5003-00 89 cents at Marco.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/265-5003-00

1 week later
#3452 2 years ago

Rules sheet based on code version 1.19: http://papa.org/2015/01/01/the-walking-dead-rulesheet/

Quoted from rai:

Reading the rules what is the difference between starting a multikill (flashing) and completing the multikill (lit solid)? And once you get lit solid that will light the multikill shot?

The weapons flash when that multi-kill is running. Generally, three completed shots in any mode will start a multi-kill. Not sure how many multi-kill shots area needed to finish and light one of the weapons solid.
Horde mode is available after you light all weapons solid. See Keith Elwin's video for details:

Quoted from rai:

Also on the dead modes such as Arena it says the shots are worth xyz points each but you end the mode by combo Woodbury to cash in the Arena value. Does that mean no points are awarded until you cash the in and if you time out you don't collect any points.

You get points for making shots. You need not make any shots to complete the mode. If you drain while a mode is running that mode lights as completed. Complete all modes and Terminus becomes available.

Quoted from rai:

With CDC it says 2 shots to CDC ramp completes the mode and cashes in the value. So does that mean that you only collect the points if you cash in/complete the mode?

CDC + Tunnel want you to shoot that shot to start, then shoot other shots to build value, then shoot the original shot to finish. You get points for everything. If you make no shots other than starting the mode you'll still eventually complete it, you just get a small number of points.

#3499 2 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

I must really suck at this game, I ve really started to figure out the actual rules sense getting my pro but the highest score Ive achieved was something like 70 Mil i keep seeing all you guys scores and my heart sinks a little lol

If all you do is bang on the drop targets and the Prison you'll soon break 70 Mil. Then the fun starts. Study the rules sheet from time to time. There is a lot to remember. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit#

3 weeks later
#3590 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

After passing it over for Star Trek, and then GOT, I'm finally getting TWD. Would love to have the Premium but budget had me settle for the Pro. Any quick tips when I get my machine or should I just pour through the forums?

Quick set up tips: Rotating the prison magnet is reported to help if you're getting SDtM drains from it often. Double flip during the animation to release the ball early. Some people use a larger rubber on the post where the ball exits the pops to avoid SDtM without effort. This also makes your Tunnel shot tougher. A timely nudge is a better solution (i.e. PLAY BETTER).

Current rules sheet at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit
The drop target bank is crucial for big scores. Pay attention to which light is lit when you drop the first target, that's the item you'll collect for completing the bank. Collect all three items then drop the bank again for Blood Bath multi-ball. The lights strobe through all three items even if you've collected one or more already. Completing the bank on a completed item only gives progress towards lighting the "Dead Features" (modes), meaning you'll have to complete the bank an additional time before you can start Blood Bath.

Other multi-balls are Prison and Well-Walker. Starting them is pretty straighforward.

Double playfield - complete the stab targets on either side of the prison, then hit the tower by making a Riot shot.

Master the Left ramp (CDC mode) Riot shot (2x playfield) and the Woodbury shot (extra ball, Horde mode).

#3621 2 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

Can someone explain the skill shots from Woodbury , you know how it gives you the option to select one of the bonuses. what cashes those bonuses , I've been playing this for a while and don't quite get that

The Woodbury shot works like this. The two star rollovers and the two skill lanes are the potential targets. Use your flippers to scroll the bonus choices to where you want them. Then use the flippers to choose which bonus you're trying for, then plunge. If your ball goes to where you choose then you get the bonus.
Completing the fishtank makes additional awards available.

#3629 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I remember seeing a video of the gameplay before I bought the machine and seeing the guy have to fuss with the skill shot to get it where he wanted it. I can't check mine right now but I don't think it's as simple as just picking the lane and the award. I wish it was but they mess with each other... or my machine is fubar.

Left flipper scrolls the awards through the rollovers & lanes. Right flipper scrolls the shot selection, starting at the first star rollover.

I THINK if you continue to scroll with the right flipper after you get to the right lane the awards start scrolling the other way. I'll try and remember to try it tomorrow. We could really use a video of that. It's confusing to describe.

#3638 2 years ago

I shot a video explanation of the Woodbury shot.

#3643 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I just got my machine but can't seem to find this. Does it show up on the DMD or is it a hidden type of feature? Even scrolled through the options and see where it shows Woodbury SS options.

If you're asking how to get the Woodbury screen shown in the video you need to light the Woodbury insert by completing the Fishtank. Shoot a right ramp shot while Fishtank is lit (then Woodbury insert lights up), then make the Woodbury/extra ball shot back into the shooter lane. To complete the Fishtank the first time takes one shot, then three shots (I think) each for subsequent lightings.

#3649 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Also I noticed when I hit the well walker every now and then it registers as a zombie kill. Dmd will show a zombie kill animation rather than a letter in WELL. Not sure if this is normal either.

That's normal. There is a zombie crosshairs insert underneath the W-E-L-L letters. When it's lit the WW scores a zombie kill. I don't know if that's instead of or in addition to its "normal" award.

According to the TWD rules doc the spinners value is increased (and presumably they light) when the Woodbury drop target is down.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit

"There are two spinners on the Premium/LE versions of the game: one on the left loop, and another in front of Woodbury, guarded by a drop target. The drop target can be dropped by either lighting Woodbury after completing the Fish Tank, or by hitting it 3 times [does it require less, more, or increases over time?]

The left loop spinner scores points [how much per spin?] during normal play. The value of both the left loop and Woodbury spinners will be increased as long as the drop target is down [how much points?]. Once the drop target comes back up, the spinners return to their normal values."

3 weeks later
#3744 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm unfamiliar with the Walker bombs.
Do the walker bombs make the Premium/LE easier to reach LMS & build up X multipliers?
What (else) do they do?

Rules sheet for software v1.56:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/mobilebasic

“Walker Bombs:
(Premium/LE only). Prison walker bombs can be applied during prison yard/prison multiball/siege and are earned by collecting first aid during prison yard/prison multiball/siege. Well walker bombs can be applied during well/well multiball and are earned by collecting food during well/well multiball. Horde walker bombs can be applied during horde and are earned by collecting weapons during horde. To apply a bomb, hit the fire button."

I believe using a bomb counts as making a shot towards whatever mode you're in. I know for sure they can add a ball if Blood Bath is running but may have to have Prison mb or Well Walker mb running concurrently with Blood Bath mb. Normally you drop all three targets during Blood Bath to add a ball, not sure if the bomb counts as all three targets or just the next target. Probably software chooses most valuable shot.

#3747 2 years ago

I've played both. If money were no object I'd go premium. The color changing LEDs add to the experience every game IMO. Crossbow and Bicycle Girl are both cool. Walker bombs are a huge strategic element.

If they are more than $500 apart on price I'd buy the pro. It's a great game.

#3777 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I often consider reducing the requirements of LMS
It feels like I'm missing out on a feature by LMS being so unattainable.
If it takes an epic 5 ball game to reach LMS via 110 kills then reducing it to 66 for a 3 ball game would effectively be the same AND less of a grind.

Set your game any way you like. Change it as often as you like. Completing Siege & Terminus are also difficult objectives that most players will rarely achieve. A mode you'll only see one game out of a thousand isn't much of a feature.

I say set it so your great games generally achieve your objective. As you improve, make it harder.

1 week later
#3797 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Just picked up a TWD in a trade over weekend how do I collect weapons

Those are lit from Multi-kill shots.
Rules sheet at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4

"MultiKill

The 6 "Multikill Weapons" lights in the middle of the playfield (the ones right below the Horde insert) are lit by doing well in modes. Each time you do one of the following, a Multikill Weapon will start to flash:

Make 2 shots in CDC
Make 2 shots in Riot
Make 2 shots in Tunnel
Make 2 (3?) shots in Arena
Make 3 (4?) shots in Barn
Finish CDC mode
Finish Tunnel mode
Complete 3 fish tanks (complete a tank, then hit the woodbury shot to re-qualify fish tank shots. They also re-qualify when you lose your ball)
10 drop target bank completions
Get 3 Well Walker jackpots
Get 4 prison multiball jackpots
Make 3 shots in Bicycle Girl (as of 1.41, you need not necessarily complete Bicycle Girl)
Score x combo’s
Score the bloodbath superjackpot."

#3799 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't really know all the rules well but on my machine I am pretty sure it takes 4 shots to the CDC ramp to light the multi kill light?

Do some testing and update the rules doc if you find errors. It probably was two in one version of the software.

#3804 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I was confused I think. I was thinking the yellow multi kill light. I have to make 4 CDC ramp shots to light that yellow light up. I think the rules mean 2 shots to light the weapons lights by the Horde insert in the middle of the play field. If I make four CDC ramp shots the yellow multi kill light come on, if I hit the CDC ramp again I collect a multi kill and then another yellow multi kill will light up on one of the other ramps. Does that sound right?

That sounds right but it might light one of the other shots at random rather than switching to the other ramp. The Multi-kills can really boost your score. Each one is 5% of the points you've scored in that mode. Once you make it to Horde the value of each Horde walker is a percentage of the TOTAL Multi-kill points based on how close to you the walker is when you shoot it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4

#3814 2 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Someone mentioned (possibly in this thread) that it was a software issue and that they had received a patched version from Lyman that resolves this.

The thread discussing that is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-crossbow-getting-hung-up#post-3332240

1 month later
#3896 2 years ago
Quoted from mudflap:

What starts the mode that causes all the upper inserts to strobe and shots start @ 5Mil?

That's Tunnel. Down the three drops on the left to light the modes, then shoot the right orbit to start Tunnel. Main shots light with a red arrow. Make other shots for points, shoot Tunnel again to finish.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/mobilebasic

2 weeks later
#4000 2 years ago

Now Siege is a bit difficult for most because it's not really clear how to qualify for it.

According to the rules doc:
Siege is qualified after killing 12 prison walkers during Prison Multiball. The mode is started at the prison with no other multiballs running.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit#heading=h.j0toiy9vnszr

Note that Premium/LE have walker & prison bombs and documentation on exactly what those do and when is rather sparse. If anyone want to do some glass-off testing I'd be happy to collaborate and have the rules doc updated.

#4003 2 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Thanks! Is that something I can get at a local hardware store or should I buy through a pinball supplier?

F7 is a 4 amp fuse. I buy mine from Pinball Life.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3

The below item from Home Depot is a five pack of those fuses, 4a, 250v. They also sell two packs, check your local store. MDL fuses are slo-blo, GMA are fast acting.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cooper-Bussmann-MDL-Style-4-Amp-Fuse-5-Pack-MDL-4/203110365

Most auto parts places only have 32v fuses, not the 250v. F7 carries 50v, so if you use a 32v fuse it could spark when it blows. The 250v won't spark. I would avoid a fuse rated at only 32v for that reason.

3 weeks later
#4159 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Joining the club with my first NIB pin! Pretty stoked on it so far except for the horrible call outs. Hopefully looking to update that to actual voices or something very soon

Many sound packages to choose from - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

2 weeks later
#4284 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I bought my Pro before the Premium was announced, but have always preferred the look of the premium's art package.

Is there one part number for the heads/aquarium assembly on the playfield or do you have to order each head and the housing separately?

#4286 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Is there one part number for the heads/aquarium assembly on the playfield or do you have to order each head and the housing separately?

Quoted from gweempose:

You can't buy the OEM aquarium. Your only option is to order an aftermarket one, or make your own.

So part number 511-7535-01 is not the whole assembly including heads? Just the empty aquarium?

WalkingDeadParts (resized).png

1 week later
#4338 2 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Where can I find this mysterious Cleland code you speak of?

Use the Key Post thread index to find important posts in this thread. The index appears at the top of every page of the thread.

#4371 2 years ago

At TPF this weekend FUN! had a new $5499 pro on free play. I was playing with someone who had never seen twd pinball and he had some good games, we went back and forth winning with around 20-30 million. Then the last game I started Well Walker, prison, and Blood Bath mb and put up the GC 178 million!

#4388 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackpin:

Where do I go to buy clelands sound mod?

The topic index at the top of this page has the information you need.

#4410 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, replaced my magnets fuse. 4A. After 10 games it has blown again.
Any ideas why?
Thanks

Your circuit is drawing more than 4 amps of current. Burnt connector causing high resistance somewhere? Cracked solder joint?

#4418 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Common problem. 4 amp is underrated. The fix is 5 amp. I have had no problems with 5 amp and haven't heard anyone else have problems either. It was discussed earlier in this thread. Maybe start with 5amp fast blo and see if that holds.

Since the electrical engineers that designed the game chose a 4 amp slo-blo fuse you would be wise to do your research before accepting unsourced technical advice from an internet forum. Be sure you understand the potential drawbacks to overfusing your game.

That's not to say it's the wrong answer, only that catching your game on fire and burning up your aparment building could be an unintended consequence. Do your research.

1 month later
#4518 2 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

So who here can find me a link to a .wav file of the Tilt Warning sound for Walking Dead? I'd love to put it as my text message alert on my phone. It has to be a stock alert/warning sound that they used.
/booEEEEEP

You can extract it yourself using the Pinball Browser. Many of the people who created custom sound packages could probably tell you exactly where it's located.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

1 week later
#4597 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Is there a way to lower the strength of the trough ball eject? My launches the ball like a bat out of hell. I've searched through the adjustments a couple of times and haven't seen the option. I'm hoping I'm just overlooking it.

Coil pulse power is number 43 in the standard adjustments menu. Not sure if there is an adjustment just for the trough kicker.

#4604 2 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Only one Extra ball in there ? (Walker kills). No extra ball for
Combos ?

There is another available as a Woodbury award but it takes multiple fishtank completions before it shows up. 3-4 I think. I'm pretty sure it's in the video of either Bowen's tutorial or one of Elwin's monster games.

#4629 2 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

anyone know where to find a listing of fuses on the main board? I noticed they range from 3A up to 7A.
I'd like to set a few for each range. Not sure if they are all slow blow vs fast blow. I couldnt find it in the manual.

Page 1 in the LE manual has a list.

#4644 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does anyone run into this issue:
When I hit the tunnel and the ball comes around to the left flipper, I seem to be able to easily hit the Arena ramp. The problem is that the ball is traveling so fast, it jumps out of the Arena ramp and ends up on the CDC ramp and back on the right flipper.
Is that just my game, or does it happen to anyone else?

There are other complaints about it; it's not just your game.

2 weeks later
#4709 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

does anyone know where I can buy the plexiglass for the translite?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/08-7463
Marco sells the glass, they probably have plexiglass if that's what came with it and can tell you the part number.

1 week later
#4738 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Isn't it possible to change the voice call outs or something, some mod?

Quoted from Manic:

Yeah there's only about 5 or 6 complete sound packages that people have made for this game. It's all in this thread and in it's own TWD sound "swap" thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

#4760 2 years ago

It jumps above the opto because of the magnet, mine does it from time to time on fast balls.

Is your magnet is level with the playfield? If it's too high you'll have more jumping.

2 weeks later
#4854 2 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

... fuses in there so tight, I broke one of them trying to get it out. Glass pieces everywhere!

Next time you order from Pinball Life get one of these fuse pullers.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=425

2 weeks later
#5026 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

there is a guy with moonwalking dead in Boston who's done this... search.

Mitchell Curtis - Episode 82 of The Pinball Podcast http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/tag/mitchell-curtis/

#5028 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Is there a link to download Moonwalking Dead for TWDle/prem so I can try it out?

You'll have to get in touch with Mitchell and ask him. I don't know of one. You might try the email given on the YouTube page.

1 week later
#5052 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anybody have any thoughts about the prison opto not registering on some hits?

Adding a washer is the fix described elsewhere in this thread.

#5061 2 years ago
Quoted from TheWombat2430:

Hey guys! Was playing Walking Dead Premium last night and after playing for a bit, the high scores all reset except the grand champion score? Anybody ever had this happen before? Is it just an automatic thing that can't be changed going forward or is there a setting for this? At least my GC score was saved but it sucks losing everything else!

There is a setting. Standard adjustment 37 HSTD Reset Count. Factory is every 2000 plays. Page 13 in your manual.

1 week later
#5101 2 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

How do you light/complete weapons to get to horde?

Multikills are what lights the weapons. There are about a dozen ways to start a multikill. Typically making three or four shots towards a specific goal will start one.

1 week later
#5156 2 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

While soldering to the flasher I 'broke' my pin. It stopped working. One of you mentioned to check all the fuses, which I did and yes . . . that was the problem. I replaced the fuse and the pin worked perfectly. I wired one 5-string of LED's to the GI, and one 5-string set of LED's to the left flasher on the PF. It all worked.

Flasher fuse is F10, it's 20v DC. Too high for your LEDs in all likelihood.
Page 13 in your manual shows the flasher numbers and associated drive transistors on the Power Driver board.

TWDproFlashers (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#5221 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I played a brief game of the LE to see what I was missing compared to my Pro and had a terrible game. Didn't get to use the crossbow feature or hit the bicycle girl shot when the ramp lifted.

The biggest game play difference is Walker bombs. They can add a ball during multi-ball.

I also think the fish tank head on the LE/Premium playfield is great. The topper is cool but not $400 cool.

2 weeks later
#5272 1 year ago

What is "Killing Spree"? Last night on a pro I opened the prison doors, then made four or five shots on the yard zombies in a row and saw a Killing Spree amount flash on the DMD. Might have been a couple million. Anyone have any information about that?

1 week later
#5324 1 year ago

10 tower hits on default settings either lights EB at the Woodbury shot or awards extra ball.

#5343 1 year ago
Quoted from chill:

If buying from a dealer out-of-state, you don't have to pay sales tax, so that's a big advantage.

You pay use tax instead. No advantage.
MN - http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/Forms_and_Instructions/sales_tax_booklet.pdf
Use tax
If you buy a taxable item for your own use without paying sales tax, you probably owe use tax. The tax rate is the same for both sales and use tax, and the same exemptions apply. Use tax is due on taxable items and services used in Minnesota if no sales tax was paid at the time of purchase. The general use tax rate is the same as the state’s general sales tax rate, 6.875 percent. All general local sales taxes also have a corresponding use tax, which is at the same rate as the local sales tax.

NV - https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-372.html#NRS372Sec185
1.  An excise tax is hereby imposed on the storage, use or other consumption in this State of tangible personal property purchased from any retailer on or after July 1, 1955, for storage, use or other consumption in this State at the rate of 2 percent of the sales price of the property.
2.  The tax is imposed with respect to all property which was acquired out of state in a transaction that would have been a taxable sale if it had occurred within this State.

#5352 1 year ago

White reset button on the board do anything?

#5360 1 year ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Must have just been dumb luck. Worked yesterday but now my game is doing the same thing again. No luck with reset button today

If your printed manual has full schematics dig through them and try to figure out what L18 indicates. The downloadable manual doesn't have CPU schematics.

#5370 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr_Smith:

I just got a TWD pro and it seems like 25% of the time the magnet releases, it nails it sdtm with no hope of doin' anything about it

Slide save. This machine requires fairly liberal tilt settings.

Quoted from Dr_Smith:

... the design of the tunnel output (by the wellwaker) seems to be intentionally designed to have a high frequency of any slow moving exits to go sdtm as well. ... any other adjustments or mods that helps with this aspect?

Nudge appropriately, either while it's in the pops to prevent that slow rolling exit that misses the post or as it rolls by the post to make contact.

#5373 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Doesn't hitting the flippers pulse that magnet?

Hitting the flippers does something. It's never been definitively shown that something is different than what happens if you don't press the flippers. My suspicion is the same action happens at a different time. I have not tested and recorded my results.
If I were to test I would try to determine:
Does the magnet have a static polarity? If not, how is the polarity determined? Does the polarity affect the ball? How does the software activate the magnet? How does the software release the magnet? Can either the activate or release process be affected by the player? If so, how does the process differ when player affected?

Could be more questions. That's just off the top of my head.

1 week later
#5386 1 year ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Figure Id post in here... Id love to join the club... looking for a walking dead... near chicago. I have the space and cash. No LE's. Can pick up asap. Let me know! Thanks!!

Call Hemisphere Amusements hemispheres http://www.hemispheresamusements.com/walking-dead-pinball-machines-for-sale

#5398 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Shaker moters make most pins rattle. I put them in every pin and love them. But the rattling makes me nuts. I use thin felt tape wherever there are rattles and eliminate them. Usually the pin will need it is strategic locations around the backglass and speaker panel. Many pins also need this in the glass channel.

Quoted from Sparky:

Another option is to get a motor speed controller to dial it down just enough to avoid the rattle. They're usually only about $10. My Red Tremor from Cointaker on my MET was WAY over the top! After using a speed controller, no more rattle.

Yet another way is adjust the weights so it shakes less. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-adjust-a-shaker-motor-on-tftc-tutorial
Not every shaker motor adjusts the same way.

#5414 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't think dub step can ever be cool but can someone provide a link. Thanks

The key posts have links to various versions.

#5419 1 year ago
Quoted from facelift:

I'm thinking of joining as well and having a tough time deciding on pro or prem.

IMO the biggest difference in gameplay comes from the bombs. They are not available on the pro.

1 week later
#5488 1 year ago

Love the comments about Siege and LMS being more achievable but no one has even mentioned Terminus!

The 4 walker lights lit at once rather than 3 also means more opportunities to build your X multiplier! I love the Arena scoring change, now you can get some big points out of it.

If anyone wants a Terminus challenge bowl let me know and maybe I can convince my wife to make some more. The word "Pinballz" can be changed (actually she can paint anything you want it to say within reason) to 'Chuck's arcade' or whatever.

20170906_211239 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5578 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Anyone challenged by getting to Horde should go into the options menu just to look at the various ways that players can earn a multikill.

There is a (possibly) complete list in the rules document. The KEY POSTS INDEX at the top of every page in this thread has a link.

#5622 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

You might try reformatting your existing USB stick and make sure it’s FAT32. That seems to be one of the reason some sticks aren’t recognized.

Also make sure the first partition is 8Gb or smaller. If all your drives are larger than that it's possible to resize & split but unless you're a computer person it's easier just to use 8Gb or smaller USB drives.

2 weeks later
#5768 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

... can someone please post the link to the detailed rule set / walkthrough for TWD pro?

It's marked as a key post. The link is at the top of every page in the thread.

#5778 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

The key index shows 1.56 but the link in that post is not to the rule set but just to an image of the rule cards. Perhaps the link needs to be updated? Or maybe my browser is not showing the google doc correctly? In any case now that I know what I need to do for siege I think I have everything figured out anyways.
Love the escape from Horde now. Also the endless arena fight is cool but once you miss the shot and escape the mode ends. So cool.
Still trying to figure what to do to maximize CDC mode. Loving this game! So glad to have my pro back after selling it. I have some a lot of games but it was truly the only one I ever regretted selling. It’s a keeper now for sure.

Someone changed it. I have changed it back but it's open for anonymous modification so download it if you want a permanent copy.
Tilt has a rules wiki for it that's pretty good. http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

1 week later
#5824 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I did see a game-settings menu item addressing how "hard" the pops are. Could that have anything to do with how sensitive/powerful they are? Or is that just about scoring?
Would the game's scoring be completely disrupted if I disabled the pops? What would be the simplest way to do it? I looked at their connections beneath the PF but there are no simple connectors, only soldered leads.

The simplest way to disable them is cut the power wire going to the coil.
Do some glass-off testing with the menu item you mentioned.
You might post a video if you think your game is acting strangely.
It's your game, don't let other people tell you what to like or dislike about it.

2 weeks later
#5919 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

For me Barn and Riot are MUCH easier than Tunnel. Seems like I can make Tunnel only 10% of the time.

You don't need to hit the tunnel shot repeatedly. Barn, Riot, and Arena you repeat to make progress. CDC & Tunnel you hit the other shots to progress and hit again to finish.

3 weeks later
#6011 1 year ago

Has anyone ever completed Last Man Standing on a pro?

#6013 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

my son, after owning the pin for just 2 days and 25 games played on it... and its not a bad joke
» YouTube video
since, he did reach LMS a 2nd time, but not completed it
and as you will ask me : yes, factory settings & TILT sensitive...

LOL! Love the message to your son at the end.

1 month later
#6153 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Picked up a pro today... Does the very noticeable wood grain seem normal?

Something odd about your photo. Look at the upper right of the Horde insert. Doesn't look like wood grain there because it's running diagonally across the playfield, not up and down like the grain.

#6183 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

So as far as I understand, to get one of the weapons, you have to take down the drop target (not sure if it has to be one that isn't lit yet) and then start a mode (such as CDC).
The you just have to do the minimum amount of shots to that mode to get the weapon.
Am I correct here?

No. Modes and weapons for Horde are mostly unrelated. The weapons for Horde light during a "multi-kill". There are about a dozen ways to begin a multi-kill. Mostly they are lit by making two or three shots towards a particular thing. When you begin a multi-kill one of the weapon inserts light. After you light all six you can shoot the drop target and then the Woodbury shot to begin Horde.

#6186 1 year ago

You start Terminus by first lighting all five mode inserts. Then you complete target banks to light the mode shots again, as if starting another mode. Hitting any mode shot will start Terminus.

#6205 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

So we got a walking dead pro st work, and I have been so much fun playing it. Only issue is I have no strategy best I can get is like 34k. Would love some strategy advice, have watched Bowen’s video as well cheers

The best tip I ever got is let the ball dead bounce coming out of the pops. Usually it will bounce off the left flipper for an easy catch on the right flipper. Then you take a shot at the drop targets if your ball saver is on, work towards prison or well walker multi-ball if your ball saver is off.

Pay attention to your drop target bank, work towards Blood Bath multi-ball. You can start it in as few as four completions. If not paying attention it may take ten if you're unlucky.

Most of your points are in the modes. Do well in them and you'll start your multi-kills and make progress towards Horde. There are other ways to start multi-kills too.

Save your X multiplier shot(s) for a time when you have something valuable to shoot at.

#6207 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

How do you start Siege?

Kill twelve Yard walkers during Prison multi-ball. There is a counter shown on the DMD as of v1.60 that shows the number remaining. Hit the prison again when the counter gets to zero.

There is some confusion on that point because the rules doc said it was twelve prison jackpots needed. I've been watching the DMD with the new code and it doesn't decrement on a jackpot, only on a "yard walker" kill. If someone wants to do some glass off testing and update the rules wiki (linked from the key posts at the top of the page) that would be most appreciated.

#6211 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

here is my 60 second tutorial
» YouTube video

Nice job on the tutorial Mr McRae.

1 week later
#6271 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you think the game is under 6.5 degrees to improve control and frantic bounces?

A steeper game is not automatically harder. I'm familiar with setting up games for competition. Side to side action is more difficult to control.

#6274 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

So based on that video, do you think he's at the standard 6.5? I really have a hard time believing it just from looking at the sling action. When the ball hits the slings, it gets shot out to the direction of the outlane very quickly. His ball sort of lobs over to the side.

Looks close enough to 6.5. I think most of what you're seeing with the slow ball movement is his exceptional control, both via catching attempts that result in only a slight bounce and dead bouncing.

#6310 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So the insert will start flashing during prison multiball once you have you nailed enough jackpots, or it won't start flashing until the multiball ends?

It's 12 yard Walker kills. Watch the countdown on the DMD.

#6336 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stand corrected. Need to do a better job of getting posts marked as key. Can anyone do that?

I can, but the rules doc already has the information and it's a key post.

1 week later
#6391 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can Terminus be started while in Bloodbath?

There is a competition setting that does not allow you to start modes during multi-ball. If you don't have that setting on you should be able to start Terminus during Blood Bath.

#6404 1 year ago

You can mount it on a rubber pad or move the weight so it doesn't shake as hard.

#6426 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

For those that couldn't care less there are other options

But they won't bother with them, because they don't care.

#6455 1 year ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Great info.,thanks. I got the premium, never have read the manual. The manual is massive.

The manual has very little about the rules. Come to Pinballz on a Tuesday @8pm and I'll make sure Tom or I teach you everything we know about The Walking Dead.

#6457 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is it just me, or does it seem like if you have this game set at 6.5 degrees...it basically is non-stop draining down the sides.

If you want to reduce side drains on any table you have two main options. Making the game steeper is one, reducing sling sensitivity is the other.
Most modern tables have adjustable outline posts. Alternate thickness/hardness post rubber will also make nudging more effective. Experiment and see what you like best.

#6460 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Wasn't aware the slings could be adjusted.

The adjustment could be changing the rubber, modifying the switch gap, or using a software option (I don't know if the SAM system has such an option.)

#6472 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

We have a pro st work that I play almost every day. It’s brutal as hell, ...75k on that machine is a stellar score.

You get over 75k from the plunge so unless you're missing the pop bumpers and both upper lanes AND managing to validate the playfield on all three balls without scoring it's impossible to score that low.

#6478 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I bet he means 75Mil

75 million is a great score on every pro I've played. Here are one of our league stats. http://batcity.league.papa.org/stats?leagueId=1&latest=false&sections=header,jump,machineSummary,playersByMachine
521 league plays, 37 million average. Some top 1000 players averaging less than 20 million.

1 week later
#6532 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

check degrees at it's at 7.1 is that to steep.

If a good shot can make the ramps it's not too steep. The ball will roll slightly faster coming down, thereby reducing side to side motion slightly. Side to side motion is generally uncontrollable, vertical motion can be handled with good flipper skills.

A steeper game is not automatically harder.

#6554 1 year ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Help, i’m trying to find the cleland code and instructions to put it in walking dead 1.60.

The key post index for the thread has a link to the alternate sound package thread. That's the best place to find alternate sound packages.

1 week later
#6640 1 year ago
Quoted from jorant:

I may get a biased answer here, but as I await my iron maiden pro to come into stock, I have the option to get a walking dead premium (for more money of course). What do you guys think is the better game? Honestly.

Get The Walking Dead (Premium/LE) now and get the Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro) in a few months when all the bugs are fixed and you know more about the gameplay and any issues that have come up.

1 week later
#6737 1 year ago
Quoted from evanc:

Traded for a HUO premium this weekend. Had 255 plays on original 1.56 code

1.11 (October 2014) was the original code.
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/TWD-README_LE.TXT

1 week later
#6751 1 year ago
Quoted from evanc:

What is a good general strategy for me to go for as a beginner player on the machine?

Concentrate on the drop targets. They light the mode, start Blood Bath, and add a ball (twice) during Blood Bath.

#6757 1 year ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I'm a new owner, what does the X do? How do you light it?

A link to the rules document is at the top of every page in the thread.
Factory settings give you one X multiplier for every two zombies killed (by shooting lit zombie inserts.) Also available as a Woodbury award after a few completions of the fishtank. You roll over the lit X at the inlane and your next shot is multiplied by whatever your X is. The "X Champion" high score will give details about how it was earned. It can be doubled if you have 2x playfield running.

#6788 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

If the post is stripped, run a tap through it and it’ll be as good as new.

If the post is really stripped a tap will do nothing since the metal that used to be the threads is no longer there. A Helicoil or similar thread repair kit might work. http://www.helicoil.in/

Probably easier to replace the post at that point. Can you even get to the right hand screw holes to repair them without removing the post?

#6790 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

...if it is indeed stripped beyond hope, I’d just assume replace the post if they are available.

The pro manual doesn't have the part number but the LE manual says it's 530-7851-00 Door shaft on page 97 of the .pdf from Stern. That page also makes it appear that the post is secured with an e-ring and is easily replaceable. Page 93 of the .pdf says the screws are 4-40 x ?1/8 (blurry) black.

HingePost (resized).png
4 weeks later
#6877 1 year ago
Quoted from rawbars:

When you shoot the woodberry shot it gives you multiple awards to choose from for hitting the proceeding skill shot. The more times you successfully make the skill shot the better the awards become. After 2 or 3 successful attempts Light Extra Ball is one of the awards you can choose.

The awards are lit by completing the fish tank at the right ramp, then shooting Woodbury. Factory default is two heads of three are completed at game start so one right ramp shot lights Woodbury. Subsequent Woodburys are lit by shooting the right ramp three times. If you watch Bowen's The Walking Dead (Pro) tutorial you'll see several of the available awards, I don't recall where extra ball shows up but it may be in there somewhere.

2 weeks later
#6912 1 year ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Is it possible to buy an extra Well Walker figure? A few places carry extra Sparky's for MET but I haven't seen the Well Walkers for sale anywhere.

The part number is 880-6155-01 according to page P7 (59 in the .pdf) of the LE manual.

#6914 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I also saw someone posting modded ones here on pinside. Full replacement with a much better looking figure.

If by "better looking" you mean looks nothing at all like the well walker I agree. Then you're losing some of the immersion factor and integration with the show. The mode is called "Well Walker" multi-ball and the inserts spell W-E-L-L. The figure should look like the well-walker.

wd4_2.png
#6923 1 year ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Are the drop targets ever not supposed to reset when all 3 are knocked down. Not sure if I was in a mode or not. Once I drained they reset. I never noticed before.

They should always reset. Generally add time if you're in a mode, add a ball if in Bloodbath.

4 weeks later
#7021 11 months ago
Quoted from Maken:

Anyone happen to know the size of the large nut that is used on the magnet core?

3/4-16, Stern part number 240-5315-00
https://www.pinballlife.com/34-magnet-core-hex-nut.html

WWmagnetNut (resized).png
1 month later
#7204 10 months ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Isn't this just a simple science lesson - change the magnet orientation and the ball path will change?

We need someone to test this with a thin clear box and some iron shavings. Record it with a slo-motion camera and see if anything useful is learned.

Slide save works almost every time for me.

#7246 9 months ago
Quoted from Maken:

pulsing early via double flip will always be a part of the solution as it starts the side to side movement earlier.

Do you have any evidence to support this? How is 'the pulse' different? Does the code pulse the magnet a certain way if the animation completes and pulse it a different way if the flippers are activated? How did you determine how the pulse is implemented, and how it's different under certain circumstances?

#7258 9 months ago
Quoted from Maken:

If you don't flip, there is a slight delay between the magnet dropping the ball and then the magnet pulsing. When you avoid that delay by flipping early, the ball has a much better chance of moving laterally because it has no downward momentum, like it would if you had waited. The magnet does not pulse while the ball is being held. It pulses after.

You're claiming the magnet turns off, then pulses ONLY if the animation isn't interrupted by flipping? That flipping causes pulsing immediately, without a delay that is present if the animation completes?
How did you determine this?

It seems unlikely flipping would make the magnet behave any different. More likely flipping simply ends the animation and the magnet does exactly what it would have done anyway, just sooner.

3 weeks later
#7344 9 months ago
Quoted from Monk:

Is there a trick to get to horse?

Neigh, no trick. Just play better. Learn all the ways to light your multi-kills and do those things.
"Make 2 shots in CDC
Make 2 shots in Riot
Make 2 shots in Tunnel
Make 2 (3?) shots in Arena
Make 3 (4?) shots in Barn
Finish CDC mode
Finish Tunnel mode
Complete 3 fish tanks (complete a tank, then hit the woodbury shot to re-qualify fish tank shots. They also re-qualify when you lose your ball)
10 drop target bank completions
Get 3 Well Walker jackpots
Get 4 prison multiball jackpots
Make 3 shots in Bicycle Girl (as of 1.41, you need not necessarily complete Bicycle Girl)
Score x combo’s
Score the bloodbath superjackpot."
(source: rules doc linked in the key post area of this thread: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit?usp=sharing )

#7349 9 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is there a rule list somewhere that explains the modes?

Post 2893, linked in the topic index at the top of every page in this thread.

1 week later
#7383 8 months ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Anyone have any pointers / recommendations how to clean&/or restore this scuffed up shooter lane? The wood feels rough (like it’s splintering), so I’m hoping there’s a way to fix it or at least minimise further damage.
[quoted image]

@vid1900 has an excellent guide for restoring playfields. There are a couple posts specifically about shooter lanes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration/page/3#post-640071

2 weeks later
#7423 8 months ago
Quoted from Monk:

I’ve noticed that if I hit a drop target down before I start multiball, then hit the remaining drop targets down during multiball they reset without lighting the modes. It will lock in whatever insert I had lit for the drop targets, but it doesn’t light the modes. I’ve also noticed if I hit a drop target down during multiball, but finish the drops after the multiball has completed, the three drops reset without lighting the modes. Is this normal?

Settings 57 and 52 under the standard adjustments both have to do with competition but it's not clear if changing 52 to YES makes the modes impossible to light during multi-ball. 57 does not, since factory default is yes and that's not standard behavior.

Under the INSTALLS menu (page 27 in the manual) if you "Install Competition" this does disable mode start during multi-ball.

I wonder what Install Director's Cut does? Different animations and call-outs? Might have to try that at buffaloatx

#7427 8 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

when I select a mode, is it mostly just trying to hit that same shot repeatedly?

Yes for Barn, Riot, and Arena.
CDC you light additional shots every time you hit the CDC ramp prior to hitting another shot. Your goal is hit as many lit shots as you can before finishing with two CDC shots.
Tunnel lights all major shots for 5 million. Shoot Tunnel again first to raise that value. Collect as many other shots as you can then hit Tunnel again to finish.

Quoted from gliebig:

Also not clear on what I should focus on in Well Walker mb and Bloodbath. I seem to get Bloodbath frequently but not sure what the objectives are.

WW, BB, and Riot are all switch-based. The jackpot value goes up with every switch hit.
BB target bank completions give an add-a-ball (twice). WW jackpots are at the WW, there are no BB jackpots AFAIK.

1 week later
#7487 7 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Can anyone open code and copy and paste code line from "Premium" to add switch #40 to "Pro".

Doubtful. soren or applejuice or rosh would probably be able to answer definitively. The code may already be there, try using jumpers to trigger switch 40 and see if anything happens.

#7493 7 months ago
Quoted from slikrik98:

I *have* had success (rarely) at hitting the bicycle girl ramp while the crossbow is on the way out. It seems completely random though when it allows me to fire that early.

Some have reported issues with the ball settling all the way into the crossbow consistently. Try recording video of the ball entering your crossbow and looking for a pattern that may explain your problem.

1 week later
#7519 7 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

Played one he, and noticed all my scores had been reset except for the GC!?!?

Anyone know what might have caused this?

They automatically reset themselves after a certain number of games. I think factory default is 2000.

#7521 7 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

Why did the GC remain?

It doesn't automatically reset.

Standard adjustment 37 HSTD reset count. The manual doesn't say what the range is. Maybe you can disable it by setting to zero or off?

#7523 7 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

So everything but the GC will automatically reset?

Yes.

Quoted from Damien:

That sucks! I had some nice scores and walker kills that got wiped

Learn to use Pinball Browser and you can put in your own.

I watched snailman finish CDC with a 185,000,000 shot a couple weeks ago. It was awesome.

#7537 7 months ago
Quoted from DNO:

If you have played any other modes (barn, I prefer), then before you start shooting the ramp to build and light the jackpots, you can shoot the lit shots (barn,riot,etc, whatever mode you previously played) to add 500k to the base value, it's basically like shooting 10,20? ramps, as the ramp shot only builds 25k per shot, I think.

You should add that to the rules wiki, it's not mentioned.

1 week later
#7559 7 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

He added the magnet pulse if you flip as the ball is being released from the magnet to change the ball direction.

Do you have evidence this is true? We know that activating the flippers starts a process involving the prison magnet, what evidence is there that the process is different than what would happen without flipping?

2 weeks later
#7619 6 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

really have to disagree with this. I have 3 digital levels and OCD!

You're not going to find many game more perfectly level than mine.

If you're having an issue with SDtM out of the pops then it's not 'supposed' to be level. Set the game up so the issue goes away.
Alternatively, play it as the designer intended and learn to nudge appropriately.

#7621 6 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

take a look in your manual. One of the first things that says is to level it perfectly side to side.

Your current solution of complaining more and ignoring the available solutions doesn't seem to be fixing the issue.
If you find a solution please share it.

4 weeks later
#7733 5 months ago
Quoted from roar:

! I had not seen this before. This link and SirMcTuna's video should be pinned

There is already a pinned rules doc that is more thorough than the linked one.

1 month later
#7882 3 months ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

solenoid issues specifically with the bicycle girl ramp, crossbow launch and right drop target. Everything else is fine. I'm totally scratching my head with this one. I'm not seeing voltage at the playfield end but nothing appears wrong at the power driver board visually.

Right drop target? The solenoids are shown on page 9 of your manual. The only connection I see between the three you listed is the ramp and drop target bank both use power line connector J10-P9/10 (pins 9 & 10?).

Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I've spent a fair bit of time adding mods

Did everything work before you started adding mods? Do any of the mods you added use the wires going to the solenoids that are now acting up?
Do you have continuity from the connector to the solenoid? Example: Ramp uses connectors J10-P9/10 (power, YEL-VIO wire) and J8-P6 (control, BRN-GRN wire). Test continuity from those connectors to the solenoid.

1 month later
#7996 80 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

i would like more helpful callouts. Do you get a lot more of them with stern?

Yes. Only you can decide if you like them better or not. Find a The Walking Dead (Pro) on location near you and try it out. Or watch a stream. Elwin has a couple and Bowen did a tutorial on it.

2 weeks later
#8026 66 days ago

There is a connector for the shooter lane apparatus that's a bit flaky. buffaloatx messes with his on location when it starts acting up by not RE-kicking out a ball that has bounced back into the trough at ball start.

1 month later
#8271 7 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'd love to get an LE backglass. Is that possible?

Anything is possible. The question is how much?
$5- no way. $500,000- no problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Machine - For Sale
Charlton, MA
$ 199.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Village, OH
$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside