Topic Stats

• 9,137 posts
  • 595 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 203 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,538 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200520_194547 (resized).jpg
61576F20-35BF-4320-9B66-7E2D4337DF2E (resized).jpeg
E160C68A-2372-4FB4-85CD-31B82AA5889E (resized).jpeg
B147B827-0195-42BF-AE21-7AF20A210C14 (resized).jpeg
392E9E91-31BE-466E-993D-C4D882358588 (resized).jpeg
A3CE0506-BEA6-4EA1-A482-252147F3B34B (resized).jpeg
45C3CCAD-4704-414B-835E-1294CCB0F4F9 (resized).jpeg
C23BB283-F205-489C-AF48-7C405527A634 (resized).jpeg
1E79E072-7D13-47C1-A983-CBAA5CFE36FD (resized).jpeg
A0534110-E2D2-4B20-B023-F005E4BF18D6 (resized).jpeg
7BF1F877-B15D-4978-B874-642D3BE6055E (resized).jpeg
2D5A7010-D74A-4FB0-9DF0-DAA41608B48C (resized).jpeg
F2F0869A-5DEE-4C1C-80DE-AB50E538E100 (resized).jpeg
27B6B604-FD00-4BA4-8BE9-908CEF362C74 (resized).jpeg
CDF971D1-5D70-4A8C-880A-62E9E3B8E291 (resized).jpeg
DA578924-1227-45A6-8F3F-0D4B83FDD055 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (5 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (5 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4943 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Okay, so I thought I knew what hard pinball was. Then I got my TWD tonight. What the hell. My butthole actually was *NOT* ready.

Give the machine a chance and hopefully you will learn to love it! Initially we were a bit shocked how hard the game is. Now, we love it and one of the best all time pins in my opinion. It is that frustration that will change how you play and definitely make you a better all round pinball player.

Have fun!

#4983 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I don't really know, but there is a setting.

Yes there is a setting for Adult content in the standard software.

Adjustments menu
Feature adjustments 1
Adult content, toggle between yes or no.

The factory setting is "yes". The means that there will be swearing etc. I am fairly sure that this setting is available on most late model Stern machines.

Have fun!

#4998 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I'm still hoping to get this pin one day but I know I'll get grief from the Mrs. Personally I find the animations are more comic violence than anything, but that was only on a mono-DMD, maybe on a ColourDMD they would seem more gory.
Cheers.

I can confirm that the adult content setting only changes the call outs. The DMD images remain the same. They are quite graphic if you fit a color DMD! We have small children at home on occasions (younger than 10) and they stay away from our TWDLE. It is definitely not their game of choice. The walker noises scare them away (except the 2 year old, she loves it). We turn the machine off when the kids are around.

It is an awesome game. Get one while you still have a chance. In my opinion it is definitely the best game in recent times and a must have in any collection.

3 weeks later
#5064 2 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I'm thinking of putting on titan rubber on my walking dead for location. Have any of you in the club here used kit lists that are on the titan site?

We just fitted new Titans on our TWDLE. We used the Stern manual and ordered the Titans from the playfield rubber page 11.

Good luck!

2 months later
#5384 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can anyone who brought an LE confirm for me did TWDLE’s come with Sterns metal/plastic cabinet leg protectors out of the box?

Every Stern machine after X men came out with the plastic decal leg protectors. This does not mean the machines fitted with this plastic leg guard will not get damaged decals. Even new, you still have to make sure the legs are bolted on straight and square. I can show you 3 of our machines with damaged decals because the legs were not bolted on correctly. If machine is new you can straighten out the decals easily..

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=felt from new will stop it.

Terry @ PBL is great to deal with. We use them for nearly everything and we are in Australia. Highly recommend.

Happy Flipping!

Con

1 month later
#5748 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Joined the club, my first LE.

You will love it. Best machine of all time and the more you play it the more you want to play it!

Congrats!

2 months later
#6061 2 years ago

That is awesome. Ours is broken as well.

Thanks very much.

1 week later
#6096 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Goodie back still attached, release code still loaded on machine literally never been played, sweet

Had to get it back together first, thankfully two awesome pinheads I know where there to lend a hand, now where does this go?

Awesome pick up! We have have had our LE since new. No sticker on the drop target and no sticker for the drop target in the goodie bag. I would drop some glue in the front of the cabinet corners (check if cabinet is split). Check that the playfield rail bolts are not creasing the side decals (that is what happened to ours). Best Stern game ever.

3 weeks later
#6154 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone else? None of my other games look like this.

We have a few games like that. There are plenty of threads on Pinside about it. It is mainly on newer games. We do not worry about it but other people do. Most people will tell you that their machine does not have it. To see it, you have to get the light in exactly the right position. How many photos did you have to take before you could see the ribbing in the photo you posted? If you go through your other games with a magnifying glass or microscope, chances are you will be able to find it in them too. You do already know about it, you were in the CGC playfield shitstorm on the AFMr owners thread. What exactly are you asking here?

#6166 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Are you married? If so, please send my utmost sympathy to your wife.

I am extremely happily married and love live. Unlike yourself that wants to destroy every thread you are apart of with your constant complaining. I just love that you did not answer honestly how many photos you had to take before you could get one to show the ribbing. This is a great thread with many genuine pinsiders that all help each other with their machines. Have you put some cliffys on the shooter lane yet or do we have to listen to you complaining about the shooter lane chipping too?

#6189 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hahaha, so by posting a photo and asking if something appeared to be normal about a game I just purchased, I'm making this thread toxic???
And do you think for a second I cared that you asked to see more photos? When I saw you post, I rolled my eyes and skipped over it. You're a shill that tells everyone with a problem to just suck it up.
I think you should do two things:
1) Look up the word empathy.
2) Ignore my posts the way I generally ignore yours.

You said you are toxic, not me, and I agree with you. I understand empathy, I also understand "trouble maker". You knew about the ribbing before you bought your machine, why didn't you check it first? Call me whatever you like, I will always say something when you are looking to cause issues and stir BS. There are plenty of genuine good people on this thread, just like the AFMr and MMr threads.

#6219 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

here is my 60 second tutorial
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting, that is a fantastic strategy. Easy to talk about, very hard to do.

1 month later
#6581 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

More
I got those 2 for some reason after extracting.

Hey Riff,

Use TWD160_CLELAND_R.BIN BIN File 94,722kb.

Only one file should have downloaded.

Good luck mate!

#6582 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thought on color DMD for this game? is it a no brainer?

We love ours. We have LCD version.

2 weeks later
#6697 1 year ago
Quoted from Grg:

Yup 6.5 now. I would say 90% of the time it will now return to the left flipper. Gives the option now of either catching it or letting it bounce over to the right flipper for a few quick drop target shots

You will have a lot of fun just mastering those two things on this game. Bounce on to the right flipper gives you big scoring opportunities on Riot, Bicylcle girl, CDC and Barn modes. The three drop targets are also off the right flipper (and left if you bounce the ball off well walker) and you need to get them to start modes. Catch on the left flipper for extra ball, Horde, Arena and Tunnel. Awesome game.

Have fun!

2 months later
#6926 1 year ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I played about 10 more games and just kept firing at the drops. They always reset every time. Not sure what happened. I guess I'll just keep my eye on it.

I have noticed our game has done that a couple of times. When I get time, I will put the machine in switch test and make sure all the switches on the drop targets are working, also check all the connections to those switches are secure. Very frustrating when game is so hard. You need to make every shot count!

1 month later
#7105 1 year ago
Quoted from jorant:

So why on earth is this not higher rated? It's like I'm going crazy here, this game seems way under rated. Is it because it's so difficult?

The game has slowly been moving up the Pinside ratings. When the game first was released it got a bashing from Pinside and Pinsiders that have most likely never played it. I love the game and believe it to be the best game every made. I feel it is definitely Borg and Lymans best. Not every one agrees with me. Being a difficult game turns people off at the arcades.

1 month later
#7386 1 year ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Awesome! Thank you very much for your tip, I’ll definiyely get onto with naphtha too.

In Australia the Naphtha is called Shellite and you can buy it from Bunnings. If it was mine, I would clean the shooter lane with Shellite and put Cliffys on. Best game ever made. We love ours! Lyman and Borg at their best.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
3 months later
#7718 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Can someone that has no mods on the outlanes take a picture of theirs for me? I have the larger red facetted type closest to the outlane and I want to get it back to factory. It uses the same post that is next to it right? Is it the one I have in the parts photo?
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You are correct and have the correct part.

Good luck!

15544112324592428230164433580247 (resized).jpg15544112696233875731713741497127 (resized).jpg
#7735 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Thanks very much! The photos are a big help!

Happy to help out. Game is an ass kicker and I love it. Best Stern ever made!

1 month later
#7811 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Picked up a Walking Dead from Pinfest in Allentown this weekend. This game has always had it in for me so I needed to bring it home to conquer it. Such a great game!

Good luck with that, please let us know how you go. We have been doing our best to conquer ours for four and a half years and the game consistently conquers us!

1 month later
#7923 11 months ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Anyone hazard a guess at how the many TWD machines were made? I feel like there must be 7,500 of all three models out there.

My best guess would be less than 2500 world wide. That is inclusive of pro premium and LE.

3 weeks later
#8017 10 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Finally joining the club, w a nice LE on the way!!! Have the fishtank topper and colordmd on order, along w PDI and lit shooter rod (put on all my games).
Is there a post w recommended mods? Can't wait to finally have one in my lineup, where I can dive in, and let the bloodbath begin!!! Thanks...mark
(it shall live between my AlienLE and BSD for horror alley...)

Congrats and welcome to the club!

TWDLE is all about a love/hate relationship. Welcome to plenty of frustration and heaps of fun. Best game ever made in my opinion.

Good luck!

1 month later
#8176 9 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

In the club[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

4 months later
#8725 4 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I doubt it. Why would anyone buy a NIB TWD Premium for $7300 when you can get a HUO for ~$6K? The only Stern game that really makes sense to vault at this point is Tron Premium due to the price/demand.

I think there are plenty of people that would buy one, especially if Stern do a comic version. Also you get a brand new game that no one has stuffed around with.

#8726 4 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Wonder if they’ll ever vault TWD some day?

I think Stern will if they believe there will be sales.

1 week later
#8764 4 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Can anyone shoot me a picture behind the drop targets of the rubber? The reason I ask is I have a 2 inch rubber behind there but it was catching on one of the drop targets so I switched it to an inch and a half rubber and it’s working flawlessly now but didn’t know if I have the rubber too high now or if it should go lower or maybe the 2 inch one needed to go lower[quoted image]

Rubber Ring chart in the manual say 1 1/2" ID goes in there.

1 month later
#8867 74 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

If I do Titan rubbers for my TWD pro which looks better, red or clear? Anyone have pics of their Titan jobs?

We have our LE done in red looks awesome.

15840713245034669619174428493919 (resized).jpg15840713562048250311121388578862 (resized).jpg
#8870 70 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

That does look nice!

Thanks! I love our TWDLE. I think it is the best game of all time (GOAT).

#8872 69 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Only played the LE a few times. I don't have the luxury of the walker bombs
The pro is 6 years old now so I just started a topside teardown. Time for a good shop and clean![quoted image][quoted image]

Taking TWD apart is definitely a bitch. I see you are all over it and have removed the backboard so the ramps come out easily. Walker bombs make the game easier. For me I need that as I am not the best player. I feel the pro is a much harder and faster game.

Good Luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside