IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 237.
#601 8 years ago

Love all the show call outs
I might have to get that fence and EL mod on mine. You have under cabinet lighting too? Looks great!

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thankfully, I have not had any air ball issues on the right ramp. My two biggest issues I've had with TWD is the xbow works intermittently and the zombie in the prison doesn't always register. I haven't tried tweaking the zombie yet, but the xbow has been a bitch! Stern is sending me new switches but u fear that's not the issue. I thought I had the issue resolved and it worked 99% flawless since Sunday night until today! Just as I was beginning to fall in love with the xbow shot, wham! Issues again where the motor starts then stops a second later and does nothing til it's time to ball search.
Other than those 2 issues, this is a great pin! But holy hell im having flashbacks of the Avengers tweaking and tuning days

Weird, I didn't have to tweak a thing on mine and I have an early run too. Maybe you just got one with a bad part? Stern will fix you up. One thing about Stern is their QC sucks but they bend over backwards to make it right.

#603 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Love all the show call outs
I might have to get that fence and EL mod on mine. You have under cabinet lighting too? Looks great!

Yes I have undercab lighting and backbox flashers. I bought everything off the pinball refinerys TWD page on their website. So it's basically a "refinery edition" TWD.

#604 8 years ago

Thanks, I'm going to look into those, looks great!

#605 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Ok, here is the video. It is my son playing and he doesn't enjoy playing pinball (would rather play Playstation or his handheld games) so he didn't start any modes for you to see the lighting in each mode but he did start two multiballs so hopefully that will be enough to give you an idea of the lighting. (also make sure you watch in 1080p HD)
» YouTube video

Wow. That was fast. I'll get started. Guess I'd better go get the pro.
Oh, and an X-Men if I find one.

#606 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Wow. That was fast. I'll get started. Guess I'd better go get the pro.
Oh, and an X-Men if I find one.

I gave you pics of the xmen pro. What else do you need?

#607 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

... this is a great pin! But holy hell im having flashbacks of the Avengers tweaking and tuning days

It sucks that you are having issues, and you have every right to be frustrated. I don't think it's fair to compare the game to Avengers, though. With TAV, the need to majorly tweak it was pretty much inescapable. Other than perhaps a few switch adjustments for the bash toys, TWD is generally quite a solid player right out of the box. Yes, the left ramp was a problem on early builds, but that has since been corrected by the factory. The crossbow issue you are experiencing is not common at all.

#608 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It sucks that you are having issues, and you have every right to be frustrated. I don't think it's fair to compare the game to Avengers, though. With TAV, the need to majorly tweak it was pretty much inescapable. Other than perhaps a few switch adjustments for the bash toys, TWD is generally quite a solid player right out of the box. Yes, the left ramp was a problem on early builds, but that has since been corrected by the factory. The crossbow issue you are experiencing is not common at all.

Thanks. What tweaks have you guys done to the zombie in the barn? Granted, I haven't looked at the switch yet, but plan to this weekend. Lemme know your suggestions. Thanks!

#609 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I agree. Mine has been great out of the box other than the left ramp issue which was quickly fixed by Stern. No comparison at all with Avengers, as virtually every one of those had numerous things that needed to be tweaked/dialed in.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks. What tweaks have you guys done to the zombie in the barn? Granted, I haven't looked at the switch yet, but plan to this weekend. Lemme know your suggestions. Thanks!

The only thing you can really do here is adjust the switch to make it more sensitive. Mine does not register every hit either. There must be something about the angle of it, because my Well Walker and Bicycle Girl register the slightest of impacts.

#610 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree. Mine has been great out of the box other than the left ramp issue which was quickly fixed by Stern. No comparison at all with Avengers, as virtually every one of those had numerous things that needed to be tweaked/dialed in.

The only thing you can really do here is adjust the switch to make it more sensitive. Mine does not register every hit either. There must be something about the angle of it, because my Well Walker and Bicycle Girl register the slightest of impacts.

When we were playing your TWD, I remember the xbow not working from time to time like mine is. It would start to go then stop and sometimes go and release, and other times it would ball search itself. Is that not the case anymore?

#611 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

When we were playing your TWD, I remember the xbow not working from time to time like mine is. It would start to go then stop and sometimes go and release, and other times it would ball search itself. Is that not the case anymore?

It's actually pretty much *never* done that except for when you played it! Funny how that works.

#612 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's actually pretty much *never* done that except for when you played it! Funny how that works.

He has "the touch"

#613 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Interesting. Makes me wonder if it's a bug during 2-player games? I had mine working great then played a game the other day with my niece and it started acting up again.

Next time you guys play your TWD can you do me a favor and play a few 2-player games and let me know if it acts up?

#614 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I adjusted the sensitivity on the switch of multiple games we worked on so they were more sensitive and registered all hits. Out of the box I found the majority were not sensitive enough.

#615 8 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I adjusted the sensitivity on the switch of multiple games we worked on so they were more sensitive and registered all hits. Out of the box I found the majority were not sensitive enough.

Ah thanks Gio. That's pretty much what I've been doing. had it working good for about 20 straight games then started acting up just the other night.

#616 8 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Did you mean this reply to apply to his question/problems with the cross bow? Or are you talking about the prison walker?

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Interesting. Makes me wonder if it's a bug during 2-player games? I had mine working great then played a game the other day with my niece and it started acting up again.
Next time you guys play your TWD can you do me a favor and play a few 2-player games and let me know if it acts up?

I don't know how a 2 player game would screw up the cross bow. I will give it a try tonight though.

#617 8 years ago

My problem now isn't the head registering hits but the Optos that register hits and spell prison. They worked perfectly until the latest update where stern made them "more sensitive" in the code. Now they don't register all the time, especially with really hard hits.

#618 8 years ago

My crossbow goes into ball search every now and then too SKB. Doesn't bother me, I'm waiting on Yoko's bow mod and will look at it then.

The prison walker head has been great for me, registers every time and never had a problem with the magnet. The pro I played on location needed an adjustment.

No other issues of any kind for me. Once I got it dialed in all I have to worry about is keeping the beer ice cold!

#619 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Did you mean this reply to apply to his question/problems with the cross bow? Or are you talking about the prison walker?

I don't know how a 2 player game would screw up the cross bow. I will give it a try tonight though.

I was referring to the Prison walker. The Crossbow issue was not common in the games we worked on.

#620 8 years ago

My problem now isn't the head registering hits but the Optos that register hits and spell prison. They worked perfectly until the latest update where stern made them "more sensitive" in the code. Now they don't register all the time, especially with really hard hits.

Try reseating the optic sensor wires. Just like the ball trough problems.

#621 8 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I was referring to the Prison walker. The Crossbow issue was not common in the games we worked on.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

#622 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My crossbow goes into ball search every now and then too SKB. Doesn't bother me,

Glad I'm not alone. Bothers me when a main feature doesn't work more than 95% of the time. Especially since I was just learning the rules of the bow and actually enjoying it a lot.

#623 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Glad I'm not alone. Bothers me when a main feature doesn't work more than 95% of the time. Especially since I was just learning the rules of the bow and actually enjoying it a lot.

He said that it goes into ball search once in awhile. So does mine. Started happening after the most recent update and its common.

I don't think this is the same issue that you are having. Even when the game goes into ball search when the ball is locked in the crossbow, the crossbow still works when you hit the button. Is that what's happening with yours?

For some reason by crossbow doesn't go into ball search nearly as often as it did right after the update.

#624 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He said that it goes into ball search once in awhile. So does mine. Started happening after the most recent update and its common.
I don't think this is the same issue that you are having. Even when the game goes into ball search when the ball is locked in the crossbow, the crossbow still works when you hit the button. Is that what's happening with yours?
For some reason by crossbow doesn't go into ball search nearly as often as it did right after the update.

Yea youre right. Different issue. Mines not a ball search. It's a stutter step. And when it stutters it immediately shuts down the xbow mode meaning all xbow shots are not lit as if regular play is back in action.

#625 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea youre right. Different issue. Mines not a ball search. It's a stutter step. And when it stutters it immediately shuts down the xbow mode meaning all xbow shots are not lit as if regular play is back in action.

I have exactly the same issue with mine and like you have tried adjusting switches etc,if I find a remedy I will post it up.

#626 8 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

I have exactly the same issue with mine and like you have tried adjusting switches etc,if I find a remedy I will post it up.

I think I found it! *crossing fingers* and *praying to the pinball gods* and to anyone who believes in pinball magic! Not the pin ...although that's a cool pin.

TLDR at the bottom of this post.

So there's 3 issues and I believe they're all related. They are:
Xbow: starts, then stops for a split second, cancels the mode, then continues moving and auto fires
Woodbury: auto awards the first reward and launches ball back into play automatically
Skill shot: cancels skills shot before final inlane attempt

I gave up on the xbow. Decided time to move on. The Woodbury and skill shot seem like a flakey switch. I decided to reseat all my connectors everywhere including boards. I also then targeted all the opto sensors. All seemed good then Woodbury started acting up again and I could almost replicate it to a tee as I found what was causing it! It would only occur when clear the prison yard was active. And when Woodbury shot is made, the prison doors shut causing a switch hit!

So it's either the zombie head switch or the prison door opto sensors. I decided to fix my zombie head switch first since that wasn't registering all the time anyway. I then firmly reseated the opto sensors on the board even giving a pin connector an ever so slightly bend to keep the connection firmly seated. Keep in mind the opto board for the prison sensors is off to the left of where the wires come out (when the pf is in the upright position).

So far so good and even got a 100mil+ horde score!

Praying this fixes it.

TLDR: check and reseat your prison door switch optos firmly. Check and adjust prison zombie switch so it's not always active or has a chance of intermittent registers.

#627 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think I found it! *crossing fingers* and *praying to the pinball gods* and to anyone who believes in Pinball Magic! Not the pin ...although that's a cool pin.
TLDR at the bottom of this post.
So there's 3 issues and I believe they're all related. They are:
Xbow: starts, then stops for a split second, cancels the mode, then continues moving and auto fires
Woodbury: auto awards the first reward and launches ball back into play automatically
Skill shot: cancels skills shot before final inlane attempt
I gave up on the xbow. Decided time to move on. The Woodbury and skill shot seem like a flakey switch. I decided to reseat all my connectors everywhere including boards. I also then targeted all the opto sensors. All seemed good then Woodbury started acting up again and I could almost replicate it to a tee as I found what was causing it! It would only occur when clear the prison yard was active. And when Woodbury shot is made, the prison doors shut causing a switch hit!
So it's either the zombie head switch or the prison door opto sensors. I decided to fix my zombie head switch first since that wasn't registering all the time anyway. I then firmly reseated the opto sensors on the board even giving a pin connector an ever so slightly bend to keep the connection firmly seated. Keep in mind the opto board for the prison sensors is off to the left of where the wires come out (when the pf is in the upright position).
So far so good and even got a 100mil+ horde score!
Praying this fixes it.
TLDR: check and reseat your prison door switch optos firmly. Check and adjust prison zombie switch so it's not always active or has a chance of intermittent registers.

Update: I found this wire connector to the Z connector very loose. got it a little tighter and secure. Will update if it resolves it but this switch connector is related to the closed door switch. The problem appears to reside in one of these switches around the prison.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#628 8 years ago

Man my Premium has been one of the more reliable sterns i've had. Only had to replace the cable that seems to be a major problem on this title. Never have had an issue with the crossbow.

#629 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Update: I found this wire connector to the Z connector very loose. got it a little tighter and secure. Will update if it resolves it but this switch connector is related to the closed door switch. The problem appears to reside in one of these switches around the prison.
image.jpg

Turning out to not be a flakey switch. At a lost. Stern tech support really hasn't chimed in much. Gio has been helpful thankfully. Will see what happens. Here's the issues in case any others are having them, all these issues are inconsistent and don't happen regularly but 'seem' to happen more often when the prison doors are open for clear the yard and bg ramp is up and running bg mode:

Woodbury: when the shot is made it auto awards the first reward and auto launches simultaneously before even displaying the awards.

Xbow: cancels the mode before the bow even goes out more than half an inch; motor stops then starts and auto fires (I presume because when the mode auto cancels the ball switch is still detected.

Skill shot: sometimes cancels the final shot into the inlane and awards no skill shot. This is after the ball rolls over the star lanes.

At this point; if I had to guess the issue, I'd say it's the first star lane sensor that's the issue because of items #1 and #3 above. I disconnected the sensor and it seemed to happen more often but still not consistent. I'm at a lost and this is above my pay grade lol. Hopefully others with these symptoms can chime in. I'll wait to hear back from Gio or stern before starting a tech help thread.

#630 8 years ago

Due TWD is very hard to play I decided to add some "cheating flipper bats". This bats are an idea from a friend and me.
The clue .. you can make them easily longer and easily adjust them from the top. No more playfield flipping for adjusting.
The bats are made out of very highgrade aluminium and are playing great with superbands on the TWD. Also I like the design.

I will show up with this bats later (also on pinjournal) because we are having some little problems with mountimg them on Bally/Williams machines but for STERN they work very well. They are made out of full aluminium in professionel quality.
I sell them for TWD in red ( we have also black and blue) for 89,90 EURO plus 10 EURO shipping worldwide.

Please have a look on the pictures.
I still have 2 sets as shown (can made longer up to 6 mm, have 3 screws and a weight of 67 gramm ) and 3 sets "new model" (which can be made shorter - 3 mm and longer + 3 mm, have 2 screws and weight is 55 gramm). Original bats have around 30 gramm.

Mai_2015_149-web.jpgMai_2015_149-web.jpg
Mai_2015_150.jpgMai_2015_150.jpg
Mai_2015_151.jpgMai_2015_151.jpg
Mai_2015_153.jpgMai_2015_153.jpg

#631 8 years ago

I need them to be like this:

Messages_Image2121411729.pngMessages_Image2121411729.png

#632 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I need them to be like this:

Messages_Image2121411729.png

Uhhh ... nearly possible

#633 8 years ago

Lifted the playfield this morning on my new TWD pro and to my surprise, all the LEDs on my TWD pro are not those surface board mounted types but regular 44 and 555 bulbs.

Because of this I might want to look at changing some colours on it, does anyone know if colour changers like on the premium and LE would work in the same way if added to a pro or would the code not make use of them the same?

Thanks

#634 8 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

Lifted the playfield this morning on my new TWD pro and to my surprise, all the LEDs on my TWD pro are not those surface board mounted types but regular 44 and 555 bulbs.
Because of this I might want to look at changing some colours on it, does anyone know if colour changers like on the premium and LE would work in the same way if added to a pro or would the code not make use of them the same?
Thanks

No colour changing available in the pro. You can put coloured bulbs in there but they will be static.

#635 8 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

Thanks

I wish KISS was the same but the pro is surface mounted so can't change out but TWD i can

#636 8 years ago

Ah well, thanks anyway

#637 8 years ago

Have ordered some LED's to mix it up a bit, putting green in the W-E-L-L inserts, purple in the P-R-I-S-O-N ones, blue in the walker kill inserts, red in the 9 number inserts at the bottom and a colour changer in Last Man Standing, hopefully to encourage me to get it lit one day

#638 8 years ago

Also, is there anyone else who's TWD pro has 2 small daughter boards on the power driver board, forget which connectors it was exactly but one was the lower left and the other on the far left side close to the light tube holder.

Thanks

#639 8 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

Also, is there anyone else who's TWD pro has 2 small daughter boards on the power driver board, forget which connectors it was exactly but one was the lower left and the other on the far left side close to the light tube holder.
Thanks

They sound like the termination resistor boards for the lamp matrix. The shorter one goes on the far left where the yellow harness plugs in for lamp columns. The longer one goes down the bottom on the left where the red harness plugs in for the lamp rows.

Do they look like this?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#640 8 years ago

Thats exactly it, I take it these are perfectly normal to have?

Thanks.

#641 8 years ago

TomDk that weight is too heavy on the flipper bushings, it will break them causin the flipper to drag on the playfield. (seen it from experience)

#642 8 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

Thats exactly it, I take it these are perfectly normal to have?
Thanks.

Yep. Totally normal from the factory on LED pros. They address ghosting. You can leave them off as an experiment and you will see ghosting in some of your inserts. And if you remove the little power cable between them with the boards in place you will see really bad ghosting.

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

TomDk that weight is too heavy on the flipper bushings, it will break them causin the flipper to drag on the playfield. (seen it from experience)

Mhhh .. so far no reclamation about that and I have around 50 customers.
Did you buy from me ? At least in Europe we are exclusively selling the AdPins.
If you think the plastic bushings are too cheap and china stuff:

We have them also in bronce

olive_064.jpgolive_064.jpg

olive_082.jpgolive_082.jpg

olive_044.jpgolive_044.jpg

#644 8 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Mhhh .. so far no reclamation about that and I have around 50 customers.
Did you buy from me ? At least in Europe we are exclusively selling the AdPins.
If you think the plastic bushings are too cheap and china stuff:
We have them also in bronce

olive_064.jpg olive_082.jpg olive_044.jpg

Do you have a website so I can view all your products?

#645 8 years ago

Do you have a website so I can view all your products?

http://www.adpin.de/sprachauswahl/german/home/

But so far only in German. We are working on an international version.
Bushings for STERN are in production. bally William available

BUT .. I will now stop my commercial. Here we are just talking about a little helper for TDW
and an alternate for closing the outlanes.
In my outlanes I have WMS starpost , little bigger in diameter than the original ones but, for sure, it makes the pin noz easy to play anyway.

#646 8 years ago

hi all

joined the club over the weekend. love the game. i see some people have racked up over a billion points on it. any ideas about the best mods to get for it?

thanks

#647 8 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

hi all
joined the club over the weekend. love the game. i see some people have racked up over a billion points on it. any ideas about the best mods to get for it?
thanks

start with voice mod its free and changes game to a more enjoyable experience, then save up, because modding this one is gonna run about the price of another used pin

#648 8 years ago

Had my best game ever last night - finally got to horde. Wow what a mode! If you don't have a shaker in this game its worth it for this mode alone.

#649 8 years ago

What would be the easiest way to get at the Right outlane post? I want to adjust down but I want to take apart the least amount stuff to get there.

#650 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

What would be the easiest way to get at the Right outlane post? I want to adjust down but I want to take apart the least amount stuff to get there.

Going off memory here but it was actually easier than it looked; i believe it was 2 or 3 screws on the main ramp above it will give you enough free room to unscrew it and move it down.

To unscrew i used a small skinny phillips to keep the screw in place and used a nut driver from underneath to unscrew. Just be careful when you get to the end not to drop the nut

Then, with nut(s) in hand, and the 3 screws off the main ramp, you should be able to unscrew and pull the screw out enough to move the screw and post down to the next notch. Tighten, then put ramp screws back and you're golden!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.