IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 236.
#6301 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

That's likely what it is then. I must have ben in a mode, because all weapons were lit, and one or two of them were flashing.
I also had all modes lit, and just needed tunnel (yeah, easier said than done). But after getting all modes lit, is it one of two drop target drops that get your into Terminus?

Once all weapons are lit you have to hit the Woodbury shot. Did you hit that?

You must complete two sets of drops then hit any mode shot to start terminus.

#6302 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you’re in a multiball you cannot start horde. If you’re in a mode, I don’t think you can either.

Lyman may have changed it in the most recent code update, but I know in the past I was able to stack Crossbow Frenzy with Horde.

#6303 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Lyman may have changed it in the most recent code update, but I know in the past I was able to stack Crossbow Frenzy with Horde.

Okay cool. I think I’ve started horde in the past too while I was doing something else. Can’t rememebr though. Actually I think I’ve brought tunnel into horde before. May have change in the most recent update though.

#6304 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes this was changed in the latest code. Before it was possible to start crossbow frenzy in Horde.
Now you can start Horde while crossbow frenzy is already running. But you can't do it the other way.

You could even start last man standing during blood bath in a previous code release, this is now gone too

Horde is not possible to start in a multiball, but you can start it while a mode is running, even in the latest software release. 100% sure.

#6305 5 years ago

1st time to SIEGE yesterday... my son has than played all the features of this pinball

now, its my turn... will need 10 years or so lol

#6306 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

1st time to SIEGE yesterday...

Congrats! I know you have to score a certain number of jackpots during prison multiball, but how do you know when Siege is ready? Also, how do you start it?

#6307 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Congrats! I know you have to score a certain number of jackpots during prison multiball, but how do you know when Siege is ready? Also, how do you start it?

Was about to ask same thing. How is it started?

And I occasionally noticed that I hit the prison door and do not get credited for a hit. Is there any way to adjust that?

#6308 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

how do you know when Siege is ready? Also, how do you start it?

I believe the SIEGE insert will flash. You start it by hitting the prison, which means there's a good chance you'll start it without knowing it.

#6309 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I believe the SIEGE insert will flash. You start it by hitting the prison, which means there's a good chance you'll start it without knowing it.

So the insert will start flashing during prison multiball once you have you nailed enough jackpots, or it won't start flashing until the multiball ends?

#6310 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So the insert will start flashing during prison multiball once you have you nailed enough jackpots, or it won't start flashing until the multiball ends?

It's 12 yard Walker kills. Watch the countdown on the DMD.

#6311 5 years ago

I thought it started once you collected the 12th kill. So you don’t have to do anything. It just starts.

#6312 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Was about to ask same thing. How is it started?
And I occasionally noticed that I hit the prison door and do not get credited for a hit. Is there any way to adjust that?

Do you have a Cliffy on the magnet? If so, take it off. When this was suggested to me, I didn't think the Cliffy could make the ball lift high enough to miss the opto, but it does.

#6313 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Do you have a Cliffy on the magnet? If so, take it off. When this was suggested to me, I didn't think the Cliffy could make the ball lift high enough to miss the opto, but it does.

No Cliffy.

#6314 5 years ago

Is your magnet core flush with the playfield?

#6315 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Definitely during the multiball.

#6316 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Definitely during the multiball.

Thanks! So then I guess my last question is do you have to wait for prison multiball to end before you can start Siege, or will it just automatically roll into Siege with the next prison shot once the insert starts flashing? There seems to be a lot of confusion about this.

#6317 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

#METOO

#6318 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

do you have to wait for prison multiball to end before you can start Siege, or will it just automatically roll into Siege with the next prison shot once the insert starts flashing

The best way to think about it is that Prison MB *becomes* Siege at that point.

#6319 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The best way to think about it is that Prison MB *becomes* Siege at that point.

So what if you light Siege but don't start it during the multiball? Do you lose it, or does it carry over to your next ball?

#6320 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So what if you light Siege but don't start it during the multiball? Do you lose it, or does it carry over to your next ball?

Pretty sure it starts when the 12th kill is collected, so you either get to siege or you need to start prison MB again and collect the 12th kill. Then it will start.

#6321 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty sure it starts when the 12th kill is collected, so you either get to siege or you need to start prison MB again and collect the 12th kill. Then it will start.

Okay, that makes sense. So as soon as you nail that 12th kill, the Siege insert starts flashing, and you are now in Siege.

#6322 5 years ago

my son not home, cant ask now sry...
from what i've understand as he told : SIEGE did NOT start while in multiball, insert start to flash when player is back to 1 ball
than shoot prison to start it
and yes, it was still available at next ball

#6323 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

my son not home, cant ask now sry...
from what i've understand as he told : SIEGE did NOT start while in multiball, insert start to flash when player is back to 1 ball
than shoot prison to start it
and yes, it was still available at next ball

So is Siege a MB mode, and can it be completed, or is it just for points?

#6324 5 years ago

I'm going to test it with the glass of right now. I'll report back.

#6325 5 years ago

Okay, so I just tested everything thoroughly and I think I now have a pretty good handle on how it works. I also now understand why almost nobody ever sees Siege. It's a REALLY hard mode to get to! For starters, I didn't even realize there were two separate stages to Prison Multiball ...

During the first stage, you must shoot the prison walker to score a jackpot. You need to do this six times to complete the stage. Shooting any of the lit arrows or the closed prison doors will open the doors. Prison bombs can be used to score a jackpot, but only if the doors are already open. If they are closed, a bomb will open them, so if you have more than one prison bomb saved up, you can essentially use two in a row to get a jackpot. Once six jackpots have been collected, the Riot shot will start to strobe. You must shoot it to score the super jackpot and begin stage two.

During stage two, the prison doors will remain closed the entire time. You must shoot one of the two ramps and then shoot the prison in order to score a jackpot. To make things even more difficult, prison bombs can no longer be used to score a jackpot. They can be used to score a hit to one of the ramps, but the jackpots must be collected by physically shooting the closed prison doors. Once you score six jackpots, it will say "Siege is lit" on the DMD. This is a bit confusing, because the Siege insert will not actually light until the multiball is over. Perhaps "Siege is ready" would have made more sense.

When the multiball ends, the Siege insert will start to strobe and the next shot to the prison will start it. Once you start Siege, the mode continues until you either complete it or the game ends. The good news is that your progress carries over from ball to ball. I'm not going to spoil Siege, but the rules for it are pretty straightforward.

I hope this information helps. Prison Multiball is actually quite confusing, especially the second stage because both ramps as well as the prison are lit the entire time making it difficult to know what shot you are supposed to go for next. When you add in the fact that you are trying to accomplish all of this while juggling 2 or more balls, it makes Siege an extremely difficult mini-wizard mode to get to. Without the bombs, it must be even harder on the pro. Fortunately, Siege is amazingly cool, making it that much sweeter when you do manage to start it.

#6326 5 years ago

How do you make this a key post? Nice work.

#6327 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you make this a key post? Nice work.

I am currently in the process of doing just that.

#6328 5 years ago

This was actually all explained before in this topic
Part 2 of prison multiball (post superjackpot) is also different if you play it in 'multiple' times. If you score the superjackpot, score another jackpot and then end the multiball. The next time you start prison multiball it's back to the normal procedure for jackpots (prison doors open).

In the latest update, you can see your progress during prison multiball towards siege on the display too.

#6329 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

This was actually all explained before in this topic

Link? I don’t remember seeing anyone explain it thoroughly.

#6330 5 years ago

I don't know if we will ever see another code update for this game, but a few small tweaks would definitely make Prison Multiball easier to understand. For example, it would be very convenient during the second stage if the prison only strobed when the jackpot was available. It's possible that there is some information conveyed on the DMD that helps guide you, but it's hard enough to keep multiple balls in play, let alone read the DMD simultaneously.

#6331 5 years ago

@chuckwurt:

@Eskaybee:
siege is lit by doing this:
start prison multibull, shoot 6 jackpots (alternate shots and prison walker) so you get the super through the riot shot
For 6 to 12:
After the super jackpot you can shoot victory laps. You must alternate too doing this, you shoot a ramp, you shoot the prison. However prison doors stay closed now and you only see that you have to shoot the prison by it's flashers. This was so in previous code, don't know if it has changed but I think it's the same.
After 6 succesfull alternates after the super, siege is lit when multiball ends at the prison.
ps: If you make a superjackpot during prison, but do not qualify for 12 jackpots, I think in the next prison multiball, you start with jackpots again in stead of victory laps.

Siege is lit by hitting 12 jackpots in prison multiball.
If you have hit the superjackpot, you must shoot a ramp and then the prison (doors closed). Iin this victory round each prison hit after you have shot a ramp counts towards siege as well.
You can qualify for siege in 2 seperate prison multiballs (7 jackpots for example in the first multiball, 5 in the second)

12 prison jackpots during prison multiball (first 6 = prison then another red shot, followed by the superjackpot. The other 6 are a ramp and then the closed prison, unless you play it in two times then you continue on you count but with the behaviour of the first 6 again). Siege starts after prison multiball has ended by shooting the prison.

Siege qualify is 6 times the prison head and shot. Then the superjackpot.
And then you shoot a ramp, closed prison, a ramp, closed prison (do this 6 times) and siege will be lit. Unless you play it in two times, then it's again prison head and a shot.
You can continue your progress in multiple multiballs and you see your progress on the display during prison multiball.
But I think the only thing you can do is focus on the prison shots in prison multiball and ignore any mode that is running.
Siege is a cool mode, seen it 3 times and luckily it doesn't end when you drain your ball. It continues on the next one.

#6332 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Somebody posted a fix for this months maybe even a year ago. I think it involves putting a washer or a dime behind a target and a few people all said it worked. Sorry this isn’t more helpful, this thread is very long but it’s here somewhere

#6333 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Somebody posted a fix for this months maybe even a year ago. I think it involves putting a washer or a dime behind a target and a few people all said it worked. Sorry this isn’t more helpful, this thread is very long but it’s here somewhere

The ball jumps on the magnet border and goes above the optic beam... so getting the magnet more flush is the solution.

#6334 5 years ago

The ball jumps on the magnet border and goes above the optic beam... so getting the magnet more flush is the solution.

is it even possible to lower the magnet's outer ring?

#6335 5 years ago

Stand corrected. Need to do a better job of getting posts marked as key. Can anyone do that?

#6336 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stand corrected. Need to do a better job of getting posts marked as key. Can anyone do that?

I can, but the rules doc already has the information and it's a key post.

#6337 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I can, but the rules doc already has the information and it's a key post.

Good call. Can we remove outdated jet posts? There are multiple rules docs marked as key.

#6338 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I had the same problem too. It was because the ball was skipping on the magnet and jumping over the opto.

On my particular machine, it was impossible to set the magnet flush. I would adjust it to get the front flush, then the back would be too low and it would create a lip on the playfield. If I adjusted to get the back flush, then the front would be too high, and the magnet would create a lip.

So what I did was set the magnet to be flush with the back of the ring and then create a "step" with two pieces of mylar so that the lip created by the magnet in the front would be smoothed out. Now as the ball flys over, it doesn't hit a lip and jump over the opto. It works 100% of the time, even on the hardest hits.

#6339 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Yes. The entire metal ring lowers and raises. The small core inside doesn’t move independently

#6340 5 years ago

DavidPinballWizz

Thanks for all those links! The only real major difference I see between your description and mine is during the first stage of Prison Multiball. Lyman may have changed the rules at some point, but my testing yesterday revealed that you are not required to shoot the lit arrows to open the prison doors. A hit to the closed prison doors will open them as well. This means you can technically beat the first stage by nailing only the prison and no other shots 12 times. I was surprised to discover this, as I had always assumed that you needed to alternate your shots.

#6341 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

On my particular machine, it was impossible to set the magnet flush. I would adjust it to get the front flush, then the back would be too low and it would create a lip on the playfield. If I adjusted to get the back flush, then the front would be too high, and the magnet would create a lip.

You can also add washers under the playfield if you’re having side to side or front to back leveling problems. There are 4 screws that attach the magnet housing to the playfield. Putting a washer under one of them will change the pitch of the magnet assembly.
It took me a long time to get them flush after I had my playfield recleared. But eventually I found the right combination of washers

#6342 5 years ago

(about SIEGE) so, i had well understand what my son said (lol)

btw, we didnt know about the RIOT flasher, now we do

#6343 5 years ago

So played a couple of games last night and realize that the problem I'm having is not the optos at the door. It's the zombie head. It often does not register hits. Is there a switch on the back of it like the troll heads in Medieval Madness? What's the easiest way for me to fix this?

#6344 5 years ago

Switch 3, page 11 of the manual. Access to the switch under the playfield under the head.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/the-walking-dead/pro/WD%20PRO%20MAN.pdf

Quoted from Damien:

So played a couple of games last night and realize that the problem I'm having is not the optos at the door. It's the zombie head. It often does not register hits. Is there a switch on the back of it like the troll heads in Medieval Madness? What's the easiest way for me to fix this?

#6345 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What helped on mine was to adjust the switch blades closer first. Then added some sticky felt to the metal arm that is connected to the bottom of the head. This is what swings forward and hits the target under the playfield. Put the felt on there so it reduces the distance that the metal arm has to travel to hit the target. Should make things worlds better.

#6346 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just go under the playfield and tighten the switch gap to make it more sensitive. I had the same problem with hits not registering, and it's been working great ever since I made the adjustment.

#6347 5 years ago

from factory, need a "good" hit on mine, soft ones are not registering... not a prob imho

#6348 5 years ago

@gweempose: It has always been like this. Closed prison doors in 'stage 1' count as a shot too.

#6349 5 years ago

Does anyone know if the outlane posts can be moved down?

It looks like there is some space for it to slide albeit very little.

#6350 5 years ago

If you are wanting help in the outlines, look in the market section for ball save, Walking Dead, helps a lot.

Quoted from Damien:Does anyone know if the outlane posts can be moved down?
It looks like there is some space for it to slide albeit very little.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.