IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 236.
#2851 7 years ago

Is there an easy way to find out what value the x multiplier is? I know you can get it in the status report but that's a flow killer. Are people counting the walker kills to try and keep track, it seems quite hard to spot the value on the dmd?

#2852 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Oh yeah.... Forgot to add... I'm in the club! Thanks to cointaker!

Quoted from RefugeNate:

Ordered my Premium last Friday and still waiting patiently.

Quoted from hoby1:

Decided premium on Tuesday ..... Picked up a NIB on Wednesday. Right now in the process of of tweeking in . Then going to do some lighting mods to BG walker and Well walker and finally shop out . pro translite and add sound ROM. So far had to have Chaz at Stern send me one color changing LED board ( no red or pinks ). SOOOOOOOOOO glad I went premium on this game!!!!! I do love the pro and would have been very satisfied. But the way I figured till I add fishtank, metal apron, colored Leds in GI and Inserts,latch, lockdown and work rails its added 500 to the price making only a 1200 dollar difference....... worth every penny now that I have. This FKN game is outstanding.

Congratulations guys! The Prem/LE is a great machine. It's worth the upgrade for most people.

There is a lot of great info in this thread and there is the adjustments and mods thread. Lot's of things can be done to fine tune the machine to your own preferences and wants. Let us know how you find the machine and the play. Enjoy!

#2853 7 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

There is a fixed number of switches you need to hit for each jackpot - I think it's around 15 or 20 for the first letter, then going up by 10 for each subsequent letter? Something close to that. Any switch/trigger on the playfield will count, so hitting the barn spinner into the pops is the best way to go to specifically finish those letters. The WW multi-kill (three jackpots) is, in my opinion, one of the easier ones to achieve, so it's reasonable to make Well a part of your plan if you're hoping to work towards Hoard mode.

Sweet. Got it.

I don't remember seeing switch hits counted on the DMD.... no?

#2854 7 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Is there an easy way to find out what value the x multiplier is? I know you can get it in the status report but that's a flow killer. Are people counting the walker kills to try and keep track, it seems quite hard to spot the value on the dmd?

That's what I do. Keep a mental count and know that I haven't used the X in forever.

#2855 7 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone know what would cause the skill shot to "cancel" before dropping in one of the lanes? It's all good 90% of the time, but every once in awhile the rollovers register correctly, but somewhere between them and dropping into a lane it cancels out (lit lane goes out) and I do not get credit for the skill shot. Does the tower target cancel the skill shot? Maybe sometimes it's hitting the tower before settling into a lane and that's killing it? I always do a full plunge as I assumed that target wouldn't cancel it, but maybe I should actually be plunging a bit softer to avoid the hit? It doesn't appear as though I have any phantom switch closings that would cancel it, but I haven't investigated that to be sure yet. Anyone else with this issue?

Same here, maybe once every 20 games . Not enough to motivate me to find it.

#2856 7 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

I wish they would put a permanent graphic on the dmd with the X count - surely that would not be too difficult. It's such an important feature.

#2857 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I wish they would put a permanent graphic on the dmd with the X count - surely that would not be too difficult. It's such an important feature.

You could always glance at the kill count on the playfield (by flippers) before X...and then just subtract when you think you might be ready to use X.

#2858 7 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yea...the thought crossed my mind. I'll pound around on the playfield one of these days. Validating the playfield...that's the phrase I couldn't come up with...LOL! Thanks.

I had this issue on my premium when I owned. Drove me crazy, even caused the xbow to misfire and not work. Took awhile, but I finally found that it was the zombie in the prison. The doors would close and trigger a switch hit on that zombie which would cancel the skill shot or xbow.

#2859 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Sweet. Got it.
I don't remember seeing switch hits counted on the DMD.... no?

The number of hits needed to get your next Well jackpot will appear on the DMD during Well mode, but with two balls bouncing around, there is usually some other graphic that trumps it, so you won't catch the count too often.

#2860 7 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

The number of hits needed to get your next Well jackpot will appear on the DMD during Well mode, but with two balls bouncing around, there is usually some other graphic that trumps it, so you won't catch the count too often.

When the jackpot is ready to collect, the WW insert will change from solidly lit to flickering. Just hit it when it flickers. As far as cashing in your x multiplier, only use it when 2x playfield scoring is running.

#2861 7 years ago

After you qualify the x multiplier through the lit inlane, the next shot is the big payoff. But what if you hit the slingshots or the pop bumpers next, do minor points scoring shots collect the award if you hit them first?

#2862 7 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

After you qualify the x multiplier through the lit inlane, the next shot is the big payoff. But what if you hit the slingshots or the pop bumpers next, do minor points scoring shots collect the award if you hit them first?

This README quote gives a little insight. Can't say i fully understand it, but it seems like the pop bumpers and slings may score the X value..

- Shot multiplier, along with X champion HSTD sequence, has been extended
(instead of terminated) when the left prison standup target is hit. The
only follow-up shots allowed at the moment are the center lane and the
center lane standup. This allows the player to clip the left prison
standup target and still get credit for COMBO/MODE/PRISON.M.B./etc.
awards on the center lane at the multiplied value.

Seems like another README will be in the works soon or "next".

#2863 7 years ago

Is the "metal tape" around the base of the well-walker factory or has the previous owner added it? A chunk of mine just came off and not sure if I need to replace it or not. Thanks.

#2864 7 years ago

Black decal is factory. It loosened on my first games already, removed it immediately then.

#2865 7 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Is the "metal tape" around the base of the well-walker factory or has the previous owner added it? A chunk of mine just came off and not sure if I need to replace it or not. Thanks.

I removed it, its crap. I don't like metal on metal contact however so I wrapped some black insulting (sic) tape around it. Been on for some time now and still looks like I just put it on.

#2866 7 years ago

Question about bicycle girl ramp:

The Stern fix kit was released to keep the lip of the ramp flap from digging into the playfield, correct?

I have a Cliffy on the way, I'm wondering if I should remove the foam pads under the ramp flap to get the ramp flap more flush with the surface of the playfield?

Anyone made any other tweaks to the ramp to make that shot even more reliable?

#2867 7 years ago

No, keep the pads on with the cliffy.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Question about bicycle girl ramp:
The Stern fix kit was released to keep the lip of the ramp flap from digging into the playfield, correct?
I have a Cliffy on the way, I'm wondering if I should remove the foam pads under the ramp flap to get the ramp flap more flush with the surface of the playfield?
Anyone made any other tweaks to the ramp to make that shot even more reliable?

#2868 7 years ago

What's the point of the pads if the Cliffy is there?

Not trying to be smart... Just curious

#2869 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What's the point of the pads if the Cliffy is there?
Not trying to be smart... Just curious

It changes the angle just enough to make it a very smooth shot. The cliffy raises the ramp just a little to reduce the steepness and the pads add just a fraction more to reduce it.

I took the pads off with the cliffy and the shot never worked well. Put the pads back on and it's like a hot knife through butter.

#2870 7 years ago

question for premium owners that have also played the pro version... I have TWD:Premium, and I have a hard time following the ball on the playfield. I am guessing its all of the RED LED's vs. all white on the pro. is there some sort of setting or change I can make to the pin that will brighten the playfield up a bit? I find it especially challenging when its in DIM mode at points when you are shooting particular shots.

just wondering... thanks.

#2871 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

question for premium owners that have also played the pro version... I have TWD:Premium, and I have a hard time following the ball on the playfield. I am guessing its all of the RED LED's vs. all white on the pro. is there some sort of setting or change I can make to the pin that will brighten the playfield up a bit? I find it especially challenging when its in DIM mode at points when you are shooting particular shots.

1) add GI to the room you're playing in
2) replace stock bulbs with comet opmax

#2872 7 years ago

Quoted from 27dnast:I have a Cliffy on the way, I'm wondering if I should remove the foam pads under the ramp flap to get the ramp flap more flush with the surface of the playfield?

Quoted from Lermods:

It changes the angle just enough to make it a very smooth shot. The cliffy raises the ramp just a little to reduce the steepness and the pads add just a fraction more to reduce it.
I took the pads off with the cliffy and the shot never worked well. Put the pads back on and it's like a hot knife through butter.

Mine was different. I had the pads and the cliffy on, and I found the ramp worked better with the pads off. It wasn't a steepness problem for me, it was keeping the ramp flap flush to the playfield/cliffy. I'd say leave the pads on at first, see how it goes, and if you are getting rejects watch to see where it is getting rejected. For me it was hopping a bit when it first hit the ramp.

The fix that made the most difference for me was reducing the height differential between end of the lifting part of the ramp, and the start of the fixed part. I was getting bad rejects from that, ended up putting in a shorter hex post on the right as recommended in other threads.

#2873 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The fix that made the most difference for me was reducing the height differential between end of the lifting part of the ramp, and the start of the fixed part. I was getting bad rejects from that, ended up putting in a shorter hex post on the right as recommended in other threads.

Do you have a thread link to that kind of fix?

#2874 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Do you have a thread link to that kind of fix?

Unfortunately it's in the middle of THIS long thread. It really just involves lowering the right post of the left ramp to match the height of the BG flap better. Either by sanding/hacking down the original post by 1/8 inch or buying a different one.

On my new one there is a slight height difference but since it is on the right side of the flap it doesn't create any issues. When the ball flies up that ramp it tends to be on the left side of it anyways and it goes up super smooth.

I was prepared to deal with this after all the posts about it but thankfully the ball smoothly shoots right up it with no issues. I do have the coils set to "soft" however as on a new machine they have more than enough power.

#2875 7 years ago

Got it... I did a search and found all the info.

Thx!

#2876 7 years ago

Got one.....

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2877 7 years ago

Nice. Now order the PDI glass so you can see the playfield again. White = GLARE!!!!!!!!

#2878 7 years ago

Joining the club. This game is pretty great, I'm just learning all the ins-and-outs. Luckily, my machine doesn't have any sdtm problems. Looking forward in dumping even more money on it with mods (even though there were a ton on it to begin with). I'm starting by making my own topper (not looking to spend 400 on the stern one). Anyone have experience wiring leds from head cabinet? Anywhere on board that I can wire seperate flashers or do I need to go to playfield to tap into? Thanks for the help. Stay in the house Coral!!!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2879 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Nice. Now order the PDI glass so you can see the playfield again. White = GLARE!!!!!!!!

or get this guys dimming backbox panel. very nice addition. I have them on all 4 of my new machines...

http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/

#2880 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Joining the club. This game is pretty great, I'm just learning all the ins-and-outs. Luckily, my machine doesn't have any sdtm problems. Looking forward in dumping even more money on it with mods (even though there were a ton on it to begin with). I'm starting by making my own topper (not looking to spend 400 on the stern one). Anyone have experience wiring leds from head cabinet? Anywhere on board that I can wire seperate flashers or do I need to go to playfield to tap into? Thanks for the help. Stay in the house Coral!!!

I tied into the flashers inside the barn for my topper.

#2881 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I tied into the flashers inside the barn for my topper.

Thanks Lermods! Yeah that one seems doable, but I was wanting to do a couple of them. The problem is that I'm not used to new flasher connections sandwiched like they are. I'm used to alligator clipping or soldering into nice open spaces on bally/Williams or even stern pros. I wish I could just alligator clip or tie in somewhere on board so that I don't have wires hanging everywhere especially when pulling out playfield for repair.

#2882 7 years ago

Last night I'm playing this full bast in my pitch black living room. I take a break and hear a fox screaming outside. There's quite a few in my area and this time of year they scream to try to find a mate. It sounds like a baby shrieking...awesome sound.

I'm back in the game and all of a sudden I'm in Horde for the first time! I know I'm seriously late to the party but this is one *fantastic* game. I still have the outlanes at factory so most of my games are over quick ... BUT THEN!

That's what makes this game so special... you just never know.

#2883 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks Lermods! Yeah that one seems doable, but I was wanting to do a couple of them. The problem is that I'm not used to new flasher connections sandwiched like they are. I'm used to alligator clipping or soldering into nice open spaces on bally/Williams or even stern pros. I wish I could just alligator clip or tie in somewhere on board so that I don't have wires hanging everywhere especially when pulling out playfield for repair.

It's hard to do alligator clips in the barn as it is a little tight, but it's easy to solder in that area. Roof comes right off and it's easy to feed the wires up from the bottom.

#2884 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Yeh, it looks like it in that photo. But already have PDI and from the playing angle there is no glare.

#2885 7 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

To address questions about Well-Walker multiball - this multiball mode is pure frenzy style. Hit x switches and light the Well for a jackpot. As you continue to hit switches the value of the jackpot builds. Once you hit the well and collect the jackpot, you will start building again towards the next letter, and each letter requires more hits than the previous to become lit. After collecting three letters you earn your multi-kill, after collecting four letters you get the super-jackpot (not sure how the value compares) and you will have CDC and Arena ramps lit (green arrows on Premium machines) for victory laps. If you drain out of well multiball without collecting the super, your progress with letters carries over to your next well multiball.
Overall it's not particularly high scoring, but you end up moving forward on it pretty much no matter what you do, so you might as well mash those drop targets to get modes/blood bath going.

You can have some decent scoring in it by collecting some food drops prior to starting Well Walker. They increase the amount of points you get per hit on the walker while the mode is going. I don't remember exactly how it works, maybe I'll go glass off tonight and clean up that section of the rules.

#2886 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Don't change a thing. The "hard time your having following the ball on the playfield" is part of the battle. Stock premium/le lighting is all part of the extra bit of immersion and I have always believed it's like that purposley to confound you and mess with you. Makes for a much better experience for survival difficulty over the pro lighting. It's a bitch ...but I wouldn't change the effect for anything.

#2887 7 years ago

Anyone help here?

My Premium just started acting strangely.

In attract mode and during the game it is like all the lights are flickering way too fast now?

I have zero clue what it might be.

#2888 7 years ago

Same thing happened to me. It was after I installed a mod and lifted the playfield so I assumed that either something came loose or detached. I lifted the playfield and made sure all the connections were seated and that did the trick. I cant remember if it was any connection in particular. Good Luck

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone help here?
In attract mode and during the game it is like all the lights are flickering way too fast now?

#2889 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Same thing happened to me. It was after I installed a mod and lifted the playfield so I assumed that either something came loose or detached. I lifted the playfield and made sure all the connections were seated and that did the trick. I cant remember if it was any connection in particular. Good Luck

Funnily enough it occurred after I had lifted p/f up and I did check all connections.

But after reading your post I left the game on and went through them again and a wiggle on one of the connectors on the main black board did the trick.

Thanks

#2890 7 years ago

Anyone help here?

Had a similar thing happen - some of the inserts began flashing really fast and strange colours. Was after installing a mod and also installing the topper at the same time. Reseated a heap of connectors under the pf and completely reseated all the topper connectors and it went away. Still not 100% sure if it was the mod or the topper. Do you have the topper installed?

#2891 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Had a similar thing happen - some of the inserts began flashing really fast and strange colours. Was after installing a mod and also installing the topper at the same time. Reseated a heap of connectors under the pf and completely reseated all the topper connectors and it went away. Still not 100% sure if it was the mod or the topper. Do you have the topper installed?

That sounds same as what happened on mine.

No topper.

Did install BG mod a few weeks ago though.

#2892 7 years ago

Same at thing happens to my machine too. I've discovered a bad contact on the Middle Board.
I don't remember the jumper number. There is a black and red wire that goes to the board. The color was brown instead of white.
i solder the wire directly to it and since... Works Fine.

#2893 7 years ago

So I just made an update to the rules sheet today after spending a little glass off time playing with Well Walker multiball. I've discovered the following:
During Well Walker Multiball, each switch hit awards 25k points. If “FOOD” has been collected, a hit to the Well Walker will award 300,000 (Plus 10k for each additional collection of “FOOD”) points to the score, and to the building jackpot value.

With 2 balls going, and a food already collected, you should be able to get your WW MB to perform better points wise. Unfortunately it looks like the x multipliers don't affect the Food points added on a WW hit, though. Just something to condsider setting up before starting up WW, so its not just a wasted multiball.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit#

#2894 7 years ago

Anyone help here?

This is a known issue. I had it too. Did you ever get the upgraded power wire for the insert lighting? You can try making sure that the connector on the pcb board under the pf has not come loose. Take it off and put it back on. For me, this was only a temporary solution until I got the replacement wire from Stern.

Edit: link to one of the threads discussing this (and there is a link in this thread to a thread made prior to that one):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-le-lights-going-crazy

#2895 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is a known issue. I had it too. Did you ever get the upgraded power wire for the insert lighting? You can try making sure that the connector on the pcb board under the pf has not come loose. Take it off and put it back on. For me, this was only a temporary solution until I got the replacement wire from Stern.
Edit: link to one of the threads discussing this (and there is a link in this thread to a thread made prior to that one):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-le-lights-going-crazy

Ok, thanks - good info.

And when I looked under my p/f it was this wire I jiggled and problem went away for now.

Is there a part number for upgraded wire? Looks a bear to fit as those disappear into the loom never to be seen again?!

IMG_9679_(resized).JPGIMG_9679_(resized).JPG

#2896 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Mine was different. I had the pads and the cliffy on, and I found the ramp worked better with the pads off. It wasn't a steepness problem for me, it was keeping the ramp flap flush to the playfield/cliffy. I'd say leave the pads on at first, see how it goes, and if you are getting rejects watch to see where it is getting rejected. For me it was hopping a bit when it first hit the ramp.

Got the Cliffy (no pads) and new right hex post installed. Way, way better. Thanks again for chiming in

#2897 7 years ago

Ok, thanks - good info.
And when I looked under my p/f it was this wire I jiggled and problem went away for now.
Is there a part number for upgraded wire? Looks a bear to fit as those disappear into the loom never to be seen again?!

Look at the picture in post number 7 in this thread, it shows you what the cable looks like:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-gi-is-flickering-help-please#post-2613941

Contact your distributor and Stern about this. Stern will know exactly what the issue is. Several people have received the upgraded cable

#2898 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Got the Cliffy (no pads) and new right hex post installed. Way, way better. Thanks again for chiming in

I'm not having any issues with the left ramp but would like to even it out without dremel-ing the existing post. Got the part # for that shorter post? It's back *deep* in this thread and I may never find it again.

thx

#2899 7 years ago

Hang on

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.