IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 236.
#401 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I would return the decals period. You can't really see them through the el wire fence.

Oh seriously? Have you seen the result? Does anyone have pics? I really like the side decals but if you can't see them through the el wire fence I agree they should be returned and use the $75 for a different mod.

#402 8 years ago

Went without the decals. I love the result but I only used LEDs I had left over from other kits so my choices were limited. Thanks to Pinball Refinery for leaving one side longer. When it didn't fit I had to cut it and I ended up with a left over piece perfect to string across the back.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#403 8 years ago

Did anyone still get bicycle ramp fly outs with the replacement plastic in the Stern fix kit? I ended up cutting a piece of lexan (before the kit got to me) to completely contain the ball into the ramp after hitting the ramp pivot point.

I kinda laughed when I got the fix kit, why not just span over the entire area, new plastic was what , 1/8th inch wider? Its a bit much in picture but from player view its pretty unnoticeable.

IMG_0612.jpgIMG_0612.jpg

#405 8 years ago

thinking of getting a TWD pro who has the best price on a NIB shipped to florida

#406 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Oh seriously? Have you seen the result? Does anyone have pics? I really like the side decals but if you can't see them through the el wire fence I agree they should be returned and use the $75 for a different mod.

Yeah send them back and use the $75 for another mod, i'm almost certain you won't be happy with both of them installed. They posted a pic of both installed at the same time on a machine and even they commented you couldn't really see the decal but if you wanted both they would still sell them to you. If you search for that old thread I'm sure you will find it.

#407 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Did anyone still get bicycle ramp fly outs with the replacement plastic in the Stern fix kit?

Nope. Haven't had one since I installed the new plastic.

#408 8 years ago

Neither have I.

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yeah send them back and use the $75 for another mod, i'm almost certain you won't be happy with both of them installed. They posted a pic of both installed at the same time on a machine and even they commented you couldn't really see the decal but if you wanted both they would still sell them to you. If you search for that old thread I'm sure you will find it.

I bought both and returned the decals. It cost me the shipping back but they refunded my money with no problem. The wire fence I absolutely love. If I sold the game I would probably keep the fence... Haha. That's how much I love it!

1 week later
#410 8 years ago

Finally got my 1st PIN TWD Pro. Any help on set up for the cheap drains greatly appreciated.

Thanks Darren

TWD_2.jpgTWD_2.jpg

#411 8 years ago
#412 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Finally got my 1st PIN TWD Pro. Any help on set up for the cheap drains greatly appreciated.
Thanks Darren
TWD_2.jpg

Take the glass off and put a level on the PF - make sure it's level left to right

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Take the glass off and put a level on the PF - make sure it's level left to right

Did that and the drains from the tunnels are stupid. Feels like Almost every 3rd ball from the tunnel goes drain. Make the table uneven then???????

#414 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Did that and the drains from the tunnels are stupid. Almost every 3rd ball from the tunnel goes drain. Male the table uneven then???????

It's so weird how so many of the pros have this issue in a big way, but the Premium and LE's don't.

Anyone know if there are any differences at that right ramp entry between the pro and Premium/LE?

#415 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Did that and the drains from the tunnels are stupid. Feels like Almost every 3rd ball from the tunnel goes drain. Make the table uneven then???????

Raise your back legs up a half an inch

#416 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's so weird how so many of the pros have this issue in a big way, but the Premium and LE's don't.
Anyone know if there are any differences at that right ramp entry between the pro and Premium/LE?

My pro has never had this issue guess im lucky ive had a pin head over my house and he straight up told me I can't stand twd plays like shit no fun sdtm all day long im like wtf to myself thinking this is the funniest pin ive ever played let alone own long story short i made him play mine when he was doing playing he said this pin is fuqing aussom i can't believe the game play compared to the one ive played on location in every make and model of games cars planes trains ect ect theirs lemons and i do believe the right ramp is in the same location on all models

#417 8 years ago

I had a pro for a while and really liked it but traded it for another game. Thinking of getting another and am considering buying an LE. Is the LE/permium worth the upgrade? What is a good price for a NIB LE?

thanks

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

I had a pro for a while and really liked it but traded it for another game. Thinking of getting another and am considering buying an LE. Is the LE/permium worth the upgrade? What is a good price for a NIB LE?
thanks

Definently worth the upgrade!

#419 8 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

thanks

some people had a pro sold it for a le and said the pro was better and faster so you might wanna play one first to compare half the people on here have never played a pro just bought a prem or le and say its better lol the things people convince themselves of lol a good price for a le is 7500 Shipped to your door

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

I had a pro for a while and really liked it but traded it for another game. Thinking of getting another and am considering buying an LE. Is the LE/premium worth the upgrade?

The premium/LE has a lot of added features that I really like, but the main reason I prefer it over the pro is its comparative difficulty. The crossbow shots are easier to make on the pro, and Bicycle Girl is WAY easier on the pro. Every time you shoot the left ramp, the ball is returned safely to the right flipper for another attempt. On the premium/LE, it can be quite a dangerous shot. Because the theme is one of survival, the more difficult premium/LE just feels right to me.

#421 8 years ago

I'm going to be ordering some Titan silicone rings for my TWD LE, and I'm torn between staying with black or going with the translucent ones. Any opinions?

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm going to be ordering some Titan silicone rings for my TWD LE, and I'm torn between staying with black or going with the translucent ones. Any opinions?

I personally love clear bands in the games. These are the German guy's stuff.

IMG_0732.jpgIMG_0732.jpgIMG_0730.jpgIMG_0730.jpgIMG_0729.jpgIMG_0729.jpgIMG_0731.jpgIMG_0731.jpgIMG_0733 (1).jpgIMG_0733 (1).jpg

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The premium/LE has a lot of added features that I really like, but the main reason I prefer it over the pro is its comparative difficulty. The crossbow shots are easier to make on the pro, and Bicycle Girl is WAY easier on the pro. Every time you shoot the left ramp, the ball is returned safely to the right flipper for another attempt. On the premium/LE, it can be quite a dangerous shot. Because the theme is one of survival, the more difficult premium/LE just feels right to me.

The xbow and bicycle ramp are my 2 biggest cons about the prem/LE. I really really didn't like going for the bicycle girl when playing it. The xbow wasn't bad, just felt a little pointless. However, the light show alone really brings the game to life. It's amazing how much color changing lighting in all recent pins brings games to the next level.

That said I may be getting 2 pros in the near future, one of them TWD. Fingers crossed.

#424 8 years ago

Does anyone know how to change the match sound? My goodness it is ear piercing, it's like running over 1000 cats at the same time!

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Does anyone know how to change the match sound. My goodness it is ear piercing, it's like running over 1000 cats at the same time?

Unfortunately, you can't change it. You can only lower the volume or turn it off completely.

#426 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Unfortunately, you can't change it. You can only lower the volume or turn it off completely.

That works. How do you turn off the match sound?

#427 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

That works. How do you turn off the match sound?

Adjustments -> Standard Adjustments -> Knocker Volume (#44)

You can set it to Normal, Low or Off.

#428 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Did anyone still get bicycle ramp fly outs with the replacement plastic in the Stern fix kit? I ended up cutting a piece of lexan (before the kit got to me) to completely contain the ball into the ramp after hitting the ramp pivot point.
I kinda laughed when I got the fix kit, why not just span over the entire area, new plastic was what , 1/8th inch wider? Its a bit much in picture but from player view its pretty unnoticeable.
IMG_0612.jpg

How do you get this fix kit? Can't see what exactly is changed in the pic?

#429 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Adjustments -> Standard Adjustments -> Knocker Volume (#44)
You can set it to Normal, Low or Off.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find it.

#430 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The xbow and bicycle ramp are my 2 biggest cons about the prem/LE. I really really didn't like going for the bicycle girl when playing it. The xbow wasn't bad, just felt a little pointless. However, the light show alone really brings the game to life. It's amazing how much color changing lighting in all recent pins brings games to the next level.
That said I may be getting 2 pros in the near future, one of them TWD. Fingers crossed.

I am not a big fan of the bicycle ramp or the Xbow on the prem either. I might be the only one who likes the pro better.

#431 8 years ago

Right now on the Pro when I go through the tunnel and the ball wraps around comes with speed to my left flipper I go up the crossbow ramp and the ball flies off the the ramp and jumps onto the return bicycle ramp to my right flipper. Happens almost every time. Any fixes?

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

How do you get this fix kit? Can't see what exactly is changed in the pic?

It's for LE. On the. The ramp is steeper. Under the ramp there is a zombie head which u have to hit. A flap opens up.

Where on the pro. Bicycle girl mode. U shoot the ramp

So on the LE where the flip part and the fixed ramp meet. There is a slight gap. So the ball doesn't ride smoothly all the way the on the ramp

#433 8 years ago

I agree the crossbow and BG ramp are not great additions above a pro.

If you don't like the BG ramp lifting, there is a menu adjustment to turn it off. That way it will feel very similar to the pro.

The CB seems to work inconsistently, both in timing with the button and the speed at which it sends the ball. If you have any suggestions to improve it please let me know.

#434 8 years ago

So if all goes well I'll be joining this club with a TWD PRO. For how long who knows lol!

Looking at mods that interest me, here's what I'm thinking, would love feedback:
-shaker
-pf support service rails
-pinball life balls
-edit: Woodbury sign
-ramp blood splatter decals
-skull bones flipper bats
-fish tank illumination (on the fence with this mod)
-prison fence w/el wire (on the fence with this mod - no pun intended - but what color el wire? Red seems the obvious choice)

That's pretty much it as I want to save $ for color dmd if it ever releases for this title.

Also, anyone got a link to clelands pro code with the sound bytes modifications? I'll start searching.

#435 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Looking at mods that interest me, here's what I'm thinking, would love feedback:

I have a Pro and this is my take on the mods.
-shaker – worth it.
-pf support service rails - not worth it
-pinball life balls – worth it.
-edit: Woodbury sign – worth it.
-skull bones flipper bats – worth it.
-fish tank illumination (on the fence with this mod) – worth it.
-prison fence w/el wire (on the fence with this mod - no pun intended - but what color el wire? Red seems the obvious choice) - not worth it but I don’t like EL wire the transformer gives me a headache.

-Walking Dead Pinball Express Mart Sign – worth it.
-Walking Dead Pinball Prison Hitchhiker Sign – worth it.
Color display will be so worth it.

#436 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

-prison fence w/el wire (on the fence with this mod - no pun intended - but what color el wire? Red seems the obvious choice) - not worth it but I don’t like EL wire the transformer gives me a headache.

Sorry but gotta disagree ... The EL wire fence is the best mod ever! It is the only mod that truly ads an whole new view of the game. It transforms it completely into the prison scene. The Color screen is way less value IMO.

#437 8 years ago

Added a TWD Premium on Saturday.. and I'm loving it! Super fun, between this and Kiss LE I am spending more time playing pinball than I have in a long time!

I must say, when I played the Pro with early code I didn't like it. But the Premium with Shaker, new code, and audio hack is kick ass. For me, the Premium/LE on this title is an absolute must! IMG_4294.jpgIMG_4294.jpg

#438 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

-pf support service rails - not worth it

-Walking Dead Pinball Express Mart Sign – worth it.
-Walking Dead Pinball Prison Hitchhiker Sign – worth it.
Color display will be so worth it.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into those other 2 mods. Maybe it's just me, but the pf support rails are as much of a necessity as a shaker IMO, I don't think I could live without em. Am I alone?

#439 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Added a TWD Premium on Saturday.. and I'm loving it! Super fun, between this and Kiss LE I am spending more time playing pinball than I have in a long time!
I must say, when I played the Pro with early code I didn't like it. But the Premium with Shaker, new code, and audio hack is kick ass. For me, the Premium/LE on this title is an absolute must! IMG_4294.jpg

Yea. I recently played a premium - I'm still not entirely sold on the game but, I had an opportunity to trade my pimped LOTRLE for 1 modded premium or add some cash and get 2 stock pros. Since I really want to get my lineup back to 3 pins, I opted for the 2 pros. The lighting on the premium is pretty much the only thing I'll miss on the pro (but that's a big miss, the prem/LE lighting is really nice).

#440 8 years ago

So talk to me about the rules; everyone speaks highly about the new update but to me they still seem a little shallow, or am I missing something?

-hit drop targets to light a mode
-make a shot to start a mode
-shoot the same shot over and over during the mode
-make the mode shot enough times to get a muktikill
-multikill shot bounces around pf as you hit it, eventually lighting a weapon insert
-light all inserts for horde; horde seems like a really cool mode but a little drawn out?
-hit well walker a bunch of times to start MB
- hit prison a bunch of times to start MB
- start and play modes in mb
- oh there's bloodbath, that seemed like a really cool mode
- speaking of prison MB, when you hit the prison and it says 'clear the prison yard' I thought you had to hit all the shots then prison to start it but no you just keep bashing prison. It would seem like better rules if you actually had to clear the prison yard then hit the prison to start it. Has anyone changed their prison MB start setting to hard or extra hard to see if this is an actual rule?

Anyway; that seemed like the meat of the rules. Not really that shallow now that I think about it but also not very deep. But maybe this is such an ass kicker pin it shouldn't be so deep? And I'm sure the scoring strategies add a completely other layer? Guess I can't wait to dig in and find all the strategies involved and rambling on at this point

#441 8 years ago

That's the gist of the rules. Two strategy things that I would add are (a) hitting the targets beside the prison and then the tower to light double scoring (do it again to add time to DS) and (b) killing zombies and deciding when to cash in a shot multiplyer at the inlane. These add some great risk reward and decision making, but decisions seem to have to be made really quickly. Sometimes almost impossibly in the mayhem that is multiball.

Siege is also a great mode along with Horde. Too bad you went pro as the lighting on a premium / LE in Horde is so cool. LMS is still to come.

I think the beauty of the game is in stacking (getting prison MB with a mode (can be before or after the MB is started, then get BB going, add an an add a ball in BB level 2, playfield and shot doublers going, and then making your mode points = zen and ridiculous sweet scores), and in the brutality of the gameplay (trying to survive). Overly complex rules would be lost on a game with short ball durations (similar to Tron / IM).

My two cents.

#442 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

That's the gist of the rules. Two strategy things that I would add are (a) hitting the targets beside the prison and then the tower to light double scoring (do it again to add time to DS) and (b) killing zombies and deciding when to cash in a shot multiplyer at the inlane. These add some great risk reward and decision making, but decisions seem to have to be made really quickly. Sometimes almost impossibly in the mayhem that is multiball.
Siege is also a great mode along with Horde. Too bad you went pro as the lighting on a premium / LE in Horde is so cool. LMS is still to come.
I think the beauty of the game is in stacking (getting prison MB with a mode (can be before or after the MB is started, then get BB going, add an an add a ball in BB level 2, playfield and shot doublers going, and then making your mode points = zen and ridiculous sweet scores), and in the brutality of the gameplay (trying to survive). Overly complex rules would be lost on a game with short ball durations (similar to Tron / IM).
My two cents.

As always, think you nailed it Apollyon! Looking forward to that kind of stacking. Now if I can just get to Canada someday to buy you a drink and ruin your pins with my initials

#443 8 years ago

The premium back glass looks really nice just not a fan of the cab art on the pro and premium. Glad i got the LE . when i first seen pics of the LE I did not like it but in person the art work on the cab is very detailed and over the top! and the mirrored translite looks so much better in person than in pics. the pics just don't do it justice.

#444 8 years ago

Can anyone explain something to me? On the Walking Dead Pro pin that we play on location at league nights, whenever you hit the prison a couple of times to clear the prison yard, the ball is captured on the magnet, but then the doors to the prison open and then shut straight away. They stay closed until you drain your ball or you go down into the shooter lane. Its really frustrating because any hits to the prison don't count towards clearing the prison yard (obviously because you aren't registering hits on the zombie head in the prison) and you can only start prison multiball with the doors open. Is there something in the settings that will make sure the doors open every time?

#445 8 years ago

No it's mechanic.. use a softer spring on the prison doors or see where you can adjusted the mechanism. There's also a switch I believe to see if they are open or not.

Regarding strategy Eskaybee.. yes it works the way you say it. Though not every mode has a repetitive shot (tunnel, cdc and arena).
Clearing the prison yard is of choice, you can shoot the arrows or shoot the prison each time for one of the arrows to clear. Shooting the prison is more dangerous for stdm drain risk.
Though with the shot multiplier that can add up to f.e. 5x, dubbele playfield and shooting modes and score big at the right time is really great.

A Multikill goes together with an obtained weapon once you did something to get them.. But if you score good in a mode, you're multikill is worth a lot more and can really ad up to the scoring.

For me weapons vs multikills should need a little more (for example shoot 3 yellow multikill shots to change an obtained flashing weapon towards a solidly lit weapon).

#446 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

The premium back glass looks really nice just not a fan of the cab art on the pro and premium. Glad i got the LE . when i first seen pics of the LE I did not like it but in person the art work on the cab is very detailed and over the top! and the mirrored translite looks so much better in person than in pics. the pics just don't do it justice.

I'd love to see a Premium translite and how it looks on a LE. The "Dead Inside" definitely looks better on the cab.

#447 8 years ago

Joined the billionaire club today 104 walker kills
IMG_0645.JPGIMG_0645.JPG

#448 8 years ago

Huge score! congratz!
3 or 5 balls? Dflt settings?

104 walkers... that's close to last man standing (not there yet but hey)

#449 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Huge score! congratz!
3 or 5 balls? Dflt settings?
104 walkers... that's close to last man standing (not there yet but hey)

5 ball factory settings outlane posts to the lowest point.
Played another game a bit later and was scratching to get 30mil...lol

#450 8 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

Joined the billionaire club today 104 walker kills

I gave you a big thumbs up, but then I read this:

...and had to undo my thumbs up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.