20220731_012412 (resized).jpg
20220731_012434 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_2847-1 (resized).JPG
new pic (resized).png
236556F9-ECC2-47E8-9297-BEA9C917434E.jpeg
20DEC662-8AB5-4942-A826-46C8A6F9D632.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,977 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 220.
#10851 73 days ago

So what is everyone’s favorite custom code for 1.60?

I think I have an adaptation of Clelands right now with some NIN and Radiohead, but it’s not as clean as I would like. Songs cut out before the loop.

Do people have pinsound in this?

#10852 73 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think I have an adaptation of Clelands right now with some NIN and Radiohead, but it’s not as clean as I would like. Songs cut out before the loop.

I'm the rebel who is using stock code.

#10853 73 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m a huge fan of just the regular Cleland code without the music. Sounds fantastic with an external sub.

#10854 73 days ago

My pro came with installed with 1.60 and all Tool music and I don't recall any noticeable loop issues. Did Cleland make that too? I don't know the history.

#10855 73 days ago

Clelands does not change much of the music. I think some have taken his and adapted it to their tastes.

I’ve seen ones with tool
NIN/Radiohead
Grateful Dead (haha)
And Eskaybee did one where he tweaked clelands to add a more upbeat dubstep main track and brought back some of the instructional callouts.

#10856 73 days ago

Argh!! Just drained while trying to shoot Woodbury to begin HORDE.

#10857 73 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Watch here at 2:01:30 to see what you missed. Haha

#10858 72 days ago

I set the phone up just before I got to it, been there a few times now but this one was brutal and never gets old!

#10859 72 days ago

I think Horde might be the best mode in all pinball. A true LFS masterpiece. The tension, the atmosphere, man, he really nailed it.

#10860 72 days ago

Yeah. It’s the best all around mode and it’s not even close imo.

#10861 72 days ago

Shame i'll never get to see it....

#10862 72 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Shame i'll never get to see it....

Concentrate on Bicycle girl and make sure you hit like 3 shots with every mode. This lights op a weapon and befor you know it Horde is there

#10863 71 days ago

just got a set of the bloody armour

A521578C-EB0E-4EA7-8A1E-888D9FC49E9E (resized).jpeg
#10864 71 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Clelands does not change much of the music. I think some have taken his and adapted it to their tastes.
I’ve seen ones with tool
NIN/Radiohead
Grateful Dead (haha)
And Eskaybee did one where he tweaked clelands to add a more upbeat dubstep main track and brought back some of the instructional callouts.

I've got one with Slayer.

#10865 71 days ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I've got one with Slayer.

That one is good until you get to blood bath and literally the worst song I've ever heard (by Cannibal Corpse) comes on.

#10866 71 days ago

Experienced a switch problem for the first time since owning this game for almost 5 years. We had friends over to play for the first time in a really long time and of course, it decides to act up, when it otherwise played perfectly for me prior to that. Anyway, the prison opto would trigger randomly. After doing a switch test, the prison opto would trigger with the star rollovers. Turns out one of the connectors was loose, but still attached. I reseated the connector and it's working fine again. So weird that it would behave that way!

Anyway, if anyone comes across this problem, check your star rollovers.

#10867 71 days ago

Got to HORDE today. Didn't play it very well, but I've now been to both mini wiz modes. LMS, here I come.

#10868 71 days ago

Got to HORDE today. Didn't play it very well, but I've now been to both mini wiz modes. LMS, here I come.

Siege
Terminus
Horde

Which one you still need?

#10869 71 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Siege
Terminus
Horde

Hmmm. Haven't seen Siege, I guess. Will have to focus on that next.

#10870 71 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Siege
Terminus
Horde

And LMS right?

#10871 71 days ago

That’s the wizard. I was thinking mini wizards.

Siege is 12 prison jackpots.

#10872 69 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

just got a set of the bloody armour [quoted image]

That’s fantastic!

#10873 69 days ago

How do you get Terminus? My friend got it yesterday but I wasn't sure what qualified it.

#10874 69 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do you get Terminus? My friend got it yesterday but I wasn't sure what qualified it.

Complete each of the modes e.g. Barn, Prison, etc. then hit the three targets again to start Terminus.

#10875 69 days ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Complete each of the modes e.g. Barn, Prison, etc. then hit the three targets again to start Terminus.

That's what I thought, just wanted to confirm.

Thanks

#10876 69 days ago

Siege is gonna be a tough one to get. Do you have to get all 12 in one round of Prison MB? I got my highest walker count the other day of 57 in one game. So much tougher on the pro with no walker bombs. I had always hoped they'd make version of that for pros. Maybe have it an option for games fitted with a tournament button.

#10877 69 days ago

Siege is tough to get all 12 in one round. You can change the requirement in service menu to less like maybe 7 or 8 so you can at least experience it.
Then switch it back to default when you see it a few times. Great mode.

Siege is gonna be a tough one to get. Do you have to get all 12 in one round of Prison MB? I got my highest walker count the other day of 57 in one game. So much tougher on the pro with no walker bombs. I had always hoped they'd make version of that for pros. Maybe have it an option for games fitted with a tournament button.

#10878 69 days ago

Do you have to get all 12 in one round of Prison MB?

You don’t have to get all twelve prison jackpots in one multi-ball.

This key post has extensive details: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/127#post-4375738

#10879 67 days ago

Had a ball get trapped 4 times now under the bicycle girl ramp. When the ramp lifts during ball search I have to shake hard enough to tilt to get it out. Known problem? Easy solution? Guess I should probably look to see if something is loose and holding the ball there...

#10880 67 days ago

Yeah, a look wouldn't hurt.

#10881 67 days ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Had a ball get trapped 4 times now under the bicycle girl ramp. When the ramp lifts during ball search I have to shake hard enough to tilt to get it out. Known problem? Easy solution? Guess I should probably look to see if something is loose and holding the ball there...

Does it have the metal Cliffy? Maybe some Mylar back there. It doesn't take much to trap a ball back there.

#10882 67 days ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

My game has some Mylar where the ramp flap hits. My guess would be yours has that too and maybe it’s lifting or is quite thick at the top.

#10883 67 days ago

I'm the rebel who is using stock code.

Im with you on that.. Havent found another code ive liked myself..

#10884 67 days ago

What should the skillshot/shooter lane plunge behavior be? Should a full plunge make all the curves up to the lanes, or does it require a mid-plunge.

If I full plunge, the ball typically doesn't get to the rollovers, and hits the pop instead. When it does get through, it never triggers the first rollover.

If I do about a 3/4 plunge, I can get it to somewhat consistently make the curve, trigger both rollovers, and get to the lanes.

I would assume that not all strength plunges are supposed to make it through, is that correct? If so, the question is what strength is intended. Is it supposed to be just a timing thing where a full plunge works, or is it supposed to be timing and strength of plunge?

I've done some tweaking to the ball guide coming out of the shooter lane, but I can't seem to get it fully consistent. Furthermore, I don't really even know what the intended behavior is.

#10885 67 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What should the skillshot/shooter lane plunge behavior be?

The skill shot goal is roll over both star rollovers while lit, then into the lit lane.

The only time there is any benefit to only rolling over one or both star rollovers would be the Woodbury ‘mini-game’ if you have selected one of the rollovers as your target.

IMO a full plunge should always go all the way to the top lanes. Recording video for playback in slow motion may help you figure out why you’re not consistently getting there.

#10886 67 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What should the skillshot/shooter lane plunge behavior be? Should a full plunge make all the curves up to the lanes, or does it require a mid-plunge.
If I full plunge, the ball typically doesn't get to the rollovers, and hits the pop instead. When it does get through, it never triggers the first rollover.
If I do about a 3/4 plunge, I can get it to somewhat consistently make the curve, trigger both rollovers, and get to the lanes.
I would assume that not all strength plunges are supposed to make it through, is that correct? If so, the question is what strength is intended. Is it supposed to be just a timing thing where a full plunge works, or is it supposed to be timing and strength of plunge?
I've done some tweaking to the ball guide coming out of the shooter lane, but I can't seem to get it fully consistent. Furthermore, I don't really even know what the intended behavior is.

If a full plunge is not getting you through, something is wrong.

As mentioned above, you hit both roll overs while lit. Then you light the lane the ball will go down. You can switch the lit lanes with the flippers. Its actually too easy of a skill shot imo.

#10887 67 days ago

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I know what the objective of the skillshot is, I'm more concerned about the correct trajectory of the ball at various plunge strengths.

So, according to both of you, the skillshot should use a full plunge to get up top, which means mine is off. Although oddly auto-launch works reliably.

Mine currently requires a 3/4 strength plunge to clear everything and get to the lanes. This makes the skillshot test both timing and strength, which is why it seemed like plausibly correct functionality.

I have a semi-current Samsung Galaxy, but I'm not sure if it does slo-mo. When I tried it didn't work. I'll look into that further.

#10888 67 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I know what the objective of the skillshot is, I'm more concerned about the correct trajectory of the ball at various plunge strengths.
So, according to both of you, the skillshot should use a full plunge to get up top, which means mine is off. Although oddly auto-launch works reliably.
Mine currently requires a 3/4 strength plunge to clear everything and get to the lanes. This makes the skillshot test both timing and strength, which is why it seemed like plausibly correct functionality.
I have a semi-current Samsung Galaxy, but I'm not sure if it does slo-mo. When I tried it didn't work. I'll look into that further.

I have a Samsung.. Go to the camera, and press the right most option of "more". Its one of the options such as "single take, photo, vidoe, more". You will find Slo Mo and Super Slo Mo options.

#10889 66 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

mine is off. Although oddly auto-launch works reliably.

Auto-launch and the plunger contact the ball at different points so you might look into that. If the plunger is hitting off center that could be part of your issue.

#10890 63 days ago

Here's something NEW for your TWD machine!

We have received many requests to make a mod for The Walking Dead game. Lior took on the challenge and the results are fantastic. After much testing and many casts, we made it! This is NOT 3D printed. It is made by hand as a resin cast from a silicone mold.

The zombie looks better and it even PLAYS BETTER as the Well Walker is now more sensitive to hits to his base!

Well Walker is made from flexible casted resin and will stand up to the silver ball, so no need to worry about hitting it. Just in case, it is warrantied for a year. The Zombie in these photos is the prototype, and the final model will be painted a bit lighter and the head and body will be the same color.

Fits Pro, Premium, and LE versions of the game. Installs in seconds. Easily removable. Matches the look of the game perfectly with his gory bloody wounds and detailed eyes! Sculpture is delivered in a Numbered Limited Edition Presentation Box.

Available at Little Shop of Games as a Pre-Order - Shipping Mid-August to September

LIMITED EDITION OF 500 PIECES WORLDWIDE - $26.00 DISCOUNT ON FIRST 100 ORDERS

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/stern-pinball-the-walking-dead/stern-pinball-the-walking-dead-sculpted-zombie-by-the-art-of-pinball/

https://littleshopofgames.com/product-category/the-art-of-pinball/

See more from Lior here liorillusion:
https://www.instagram.com/lior_theartofpinball/

30E23FDF-F3A6-4B7E-93AD-C27AC185A156_1_201_a (resized).jpegD1356516-B8B9-4DB8-83B8-1C2C2459BFA1_1_201_a (resized).jpegD71941CA-633B-4605-BD77-5D7D6C90C09A_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
#10891 60 days ago

When the extra ball is lit and the game is in a multi ball mode and I hit the Woodbury shot for the extra ball, it doesn't award it to me. Only after the multi-ball mode can I collect the extra ball. Is that the way it is supposed tobe?

#10892 60 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

When the extra ball is lit and the game is in a multi ball mode and I hit the Woodbury shot for the extra ball, it doesn't award it to me. Only after the multi-ball mode can I collect the extra ball. Is that the way it is supposed tobe?

Yes. Usually when you are in a multiball a “ball Save” is active during the beginning of the mode. An extra ball can not be awarded when ball save is running.

#10893 57 days ago

Got my Gnassel BG lighting kit! Where/how do I mount the light? It only came with the under playfield setup pictures.

Thanks!

#10894 57 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got my Gnassel BG lighting kit! Where/how do I mount the light? It only came with the under playfield setup pictures.
Thanks!

Here you go

http://gnassel.bplaced.net/IWEIS/TWDBGen.pdf

#10895 57 days ago

Thanks Rensh

#10896 57 days ago

Everything installed nice and clean and works great. Thanks again Gnassel!!

#10897 56 days ago

Anyone know the part number for the upper piece of the ball trough metal guide?

#10898 56 days ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Anyone know the part number for the upper piece of the ball trough metal guide?

This thing that is broken on all my old Sterns?

535-7329-01 (entry/exit scoop)

bork bork bork (resized).png
#10899 55 days ago
Quoted from newovad:

This thing that is broken on all my old Sterns?
535-7329-01 (entry/exit scoop)
[quoted image]

Dang, I should have bought Stern exit scoop shares when they were at $9.

#10900 55 days ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Dang, I should have bought Stern exit scoop shares when they were at $9.

https://www.pinballlife.com/upper-ball-trough-assembly-2-piece-set.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sardinia, OH
$ 370.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 10,977 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 220.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!