IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (9 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (9 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (8 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (7 years ago)

Post #3005 ATLpb's TWD Audio Mod (NIN + Radiohead) Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lostcause.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9160 3 years ago

Just got this and it’s kicking my arse, I thought BSD was a bitch but this is on another level!

B71660B3-AA5C-407F-8348-4EAF5FB91099 (resized).jpegB71660B3-AA5C-407F-8348-4EAF5FB91099 (resized).jpeg
#9164 3 years ago

Put Clelands update in a bit earlier, great work! Wife cool with the R rating so all good.

1 week later
#9196 3 years ago

Noticed 2 of my gi leds just below the 3 drop targets are not right on my LE.
There are 3 leds there red, white and red. The red closest to the drop target is fine, the white not on and the lower red much dimmer than it should be.
I checked the wiring diagram and it looks to have been wired wrong in the factory as all original soldering. The centre white led is showing short circuit coming from the board but looks like both wires go to 5v.
So looks like I need to swop the black/white and the red around, just want to check this is what I need to do.
Thanks.

2598E60A-3C4D-4B4B-88D3-DAF4431F4250 (resized).jpeg2598E60A-3C4D-4B4B-88D3-DAF4431F4250 (resized).jpeg2FC599FA-798A-4B50-85CD-F262EAD97B1B (resized).jpeg2FC599FA-798A-4B50-85CD-F262EAD97B1B (resized).jpeg
#9199 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Noticed 2 of my gi leds just below the 3 drop targets are not right on my LE.
There are 3 leds there red, white and red. The red closest to the drop target is fine, the white not on and the lower red much dimmer than it should be.
I checked the wiring diagram and it looks to have been wired wrong in the factory as all original soldering. The centre white led is showing short circuit coming from the board but looks like both wires go to 5v.
So looks like I need to swop the black/white and the red around, just want to check this is what I need to do.
Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image]

Fixed, looks like they were factory fitted wrong and never spotted.
Vimtoman kindly sent me a pic of his to confirm it was wired wrong.

#9208 3 years ago

It’s a bitch but a good bitch, you know the one you keep coming back too!!!

Fitted Flipper Fidelity speakers yesterday and I now have decent bass, slight improvement on back speakers and ended up taking balancer control out of the circuit, would have been more effective if I connected the sub on low. Might try that and see if it balances more as it’s a bit bass heavy.

1 week later
#9224 3 years ago

I fitted the yoyokopter lane extender and moved the posts down and it has made a very small difference and I have put up quite a few games since fitting them.
Balls still fly out, the posts need to be wider for ball contact as it just doesn’t touch when it flies out.
I have just had 4 bicycle girls protectors made, I think if you fit some of those clear washers you can get that would possibly help with the cracking from screw holes as one is very close to the edge. I wouldn't like to put metal across as I want it kept clear.

5371F84E-4B9F-423F-9F7B-813C4F8F675F (resized).jpeg5371F84E-4B9F-423F-9F7B-813C4F8F675F (resized).jpeg
#9227 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Do you have the thin foam piece under your bicycle girl ramp to stop airballs. I just picked up an LE and ball was flying everywhere. Hardly ever made the ramp. I remembered having thin piece of foam under ramp on my premium and it had no issue. I stuck some electrical tape under ramp and it made an instant change in behaviour. No air balls and ramp made 98% of the time now smoothly. I have since fitted this light up protector and no issues.
[quoted image]

Yes mine has the foam under the flap and have no problems at all, all good. Ramp silky smooth and no air balls.
The only problem is me not playing good enough, must concentrate more lol.
Fitted speaker lights today and colordmd yesterday which I took out of my STtNG.

1277C5A1-C42D-4DA9-A5C6-6EE413979938 (resized).jpeg1277C5A1-C42D-4DA9-A5C6-6EE413979938 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#9250 3 years ago

Easiest thing to try for the pop drain is to put a thicker post rubber on, the one at the bottom as the ball comes out. Just gives the ball a little flick towards the left flipper. Helped on mine.

1 week later
#9290 3 years ago

I put the extenders on mine and it made a small bit of difference, still hard and flies out. Funny how there is always a difference between machines which shows high score comparing is a bit hit and miss.

Just ordered the shaker kit for mine today which is a must have apparently.

#9307 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I think it’s time to start modding out my LE. Bone stock except the Bicycle girl light.
Thinking of:
Color dmd
Burning barn
Art blades or mirror
Any other suggestions?

Upgrade the speakers and put a speakerlight with the figures while you are there.

#9320 3 years ago

We had a group buy for low reflective ultra clear glass here in the uk for only £85 a sheet. Well worth it.

#9323 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s a hell of a deal. I’d be all over that.

I bought 11 sheets, bargain.
Worth the 500 mile round trip.

#9328 3 years ago

I changed the fluorescent tube for an LED one which is less bright but still lights it up enough and evenly.
That helps with the reflection.

#9350 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah the guy who organised that is a fucking legend

I can’t argue with that, very very nice man

4 weeks later
#9469 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I played about 10 games on my TWD Premium today. It was cruel as usual - balls being thrown to the outlanes left and right, drains from the pops, the unforgiving missed shots, the mean prison magnet, the meaner Bicycle Girl ramp.
Yet ... getting Bloodbath going, on top of Well Walker multiball, on top of Riot. The audio (w/ Cleland), the lighting, the total vibe!
I loved it!

Recently added Dialed In and Tron which are amazing games too so have been neglecting my TWD, thanks for the reminder I will be having a few drinks tonight and getting my backside kicked as usual on this. Not so easy peesy lemon squeezy!!!

1 month later
#9557 3 years ago

She is awesome!!!

44CF4DE6-2E04-44A5-AD73-8F1FD4898F81 (resized).jpeg44CF4DE6-2E04-44A5-AD73-8F1FD4898F81 (resized).jpeg
#9560 3 years ago

Yes my family are a bit concerned, especially as I took my wife’s hairbrush and took some hair off which I covered in blood (paint) and stuck it on the bat!!!

1 week later
#9566 3 years ago

Very nice, that looks great. Yes please put me down for one
My wife can buy it for my birthday, Halloween

1 week later
#9593 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Joining with a premium. Installed a pin2dmd and some mods coming for fun.. this is a pin I see where a good amount of mods available all look pretty cool.
Curious about those that have installed upgraded speakers — do they make a big difference? I could go for a bit more bass over stock, but not sure if upgrading is worth it..

I put the 8” flipper fidelity set in and big difference on the bass front and a small difference from bb speakers, just a bit clearer/crisper.

2 weeks later
#9605 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Yeah I think it is the old saying you get what you pay for. I think flipper fidelity is about $160, and as far as I could tell not that much better, or $300 for a true audio upgrade. Me personally, not that into sound , I just want it to work but everyone has their own taste. But I did look on his site and everything is separated and has its own power source so no chance of running into a $550 board failure like I almost did.

I have the flipper fidelity in my TWD and the 8” sub is night and day difference from the original, the backbox speakers made it a bit better only.
And I am addicted to bass

7871DA44-A7BC-48B7-B9D7-BD31F9FE6EAB (resized).jpeg7871DA44-A7BC-48B7-B9D7-BD31F9FE6EAB (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#9616 3 years ago

Here it is, ‘The Crate’ by Vimtoman. Looks factory and looks-works amazing, very happy. Easy fit, minutes. Even my wife likes it!!!
Get one while you can, I can highly recommend this.

1FD3E5D0-8A7C-458D-BB45-56193F332DDB (resized).jpeg1FD3E5D0-8A7C-458D-BB45-56193F332DDB (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#9648 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Between colordmd or pin2dmd? If someone colored the game it’s installed on already I’d go with pin2dmd probably.. I mean cost wise it’s a big savings but otherwise I’d go colordmd. I had a pin2dmd in Twd briefly before swapping with my sopranos colordmd. It was fine.. very red and pink pallete. But with colordmd there was so much detail that you just couldn’t see before because of lack of contrast between shades. Esp with the stock dmd. Also I generally really like the smoothing effect you can apply with the LCD.

I recently put mine on scan lines and was pleasantly surprised, try it.

2 weeks later
#9686 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

folks - managed to find a nice LE to upgrade my premium from - just wondering those with LE's did you all get the upgraded harness? Not sure this has it - what does it look like and is there a part number for it?
Thanks,
Neil.

Hi Neil, are you talking about the one that goes to the board under the playfield?
I remember something about this and sure mine was done, was Phil’s machine.
M4

#9690 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah just not sure the game I've picked up will have it. It doesn't seem to have the bike girl ramp mod which I've got by the photos. Need the part number.

Is it the UN11 power cable? Mine looks to have been changed, think the original one gets too hot.
Can’t find a part number, simple cable though.

EDIT. This is the cable I think https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/stern-pinball-eu/power-supply-kit-twd-502-6952-00_1291_1096

05C2A645-E23D-4CD4-93F6-14A30805A5F2 (resized).jpeg05C2A645-E23D-4CD4-93F6-14A30805A5F2 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#9731 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

found the problem, something gone bang big time on the board.
also what's the part number for this plastic part above the ramp?
[quoted image]

I have a few spares from Col, I can post you one of the plastics if you like?
Off and on too quick shouldn’t blow anything should it?

#9749 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

lol a better than blokes look
I used some black insulation tape to block out any light bleed on an older game that had LCD
but now I use the LED version, fits better and looks better.

I prefer the look of lcd but the fit of led I recently put mine in scan lines and was amazed how good it looks, suits the game.

1 week later
#9775 3 years ago

Going to miss my Connect
Even with a sub woofer against the bulkhead it fitted in perfect.
070B1D73-410A-4A8E-83FE-91386C47BFAE (resized).jpeg070B1D73-410A-4A8E-83FE-91386C47BFAE (resized).jpeg

4A90F8D7-BFEF-46D9-86D0-00F02F7B0224 (resized).jpeg4A90F8D7-BFEF-46D9-86D0-00F02F7B0224 (resized).jpeg
#9777 3 years ago

I know I’m gutted but both sides of the chassis by the rear axle has rotted from the top and the front inner sills/sills are starting to go, I’ve done 190k miles in it so had my money’s worth. Not sure if it’s worth spending a load of money as it just can’t be patched up for a proper repair plus the high mileage.
My bro-in-law passed the mot and said I’ve done you a favour

3 weeks later
#9814 3 years ago

Don’t forget on the premium\LE the lighting is also different and adds to the atmosphere and experience.
Lucky to have an LE here with ‘the crate’ mod’

2 weeks later
#9861 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Look what slid into my possession today. [quoted image]I've been wanting one of these for years. [quoted image]

WTF

1 week later
#9900 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Yeah this mod is pretty cool and making me want to sell the barn and get this mod

Do it, one of the best mods I’ve seen. Looks factory. You will love it.

1 month later
#10083 2 years ago

Love a Lucille topper

#10085 2 years ago

So I got to Horde today for the second time only, and got my GC 500mil.
Was doing well in Horde with one ball left on the playfield and both flippers went dead, ball returned to shooter lane and it said continue and Horde was finished.
Don’t know how well I did and if I got all the red arrows. I’m on latest 1.60 code. Did I finish it? Thought you had to hit Woodbury to get out?
Maybe I got bit and didn’t notice?

#10094 2 years ago

Think I must have got bit without realising, it’s quite a moment playing Horde. Next time I get there I will pay more attention and try and stay calm!!!
Don’t think I even passed one round

3 weeks later
#10125 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Brought home a HUO pro a week ago. Loving the one more game appeal.
Took me a week to go through all 26 pages of the image gallery to catch up on mods, repairs and the rest.
Having fun working my way through various tutorials. Read one section, then play and replay some more until it makes sense. Getting a handle on the basics and cursing the outlanes.
Feels like a keeper for sure!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Watch a tutorial it will help a lot, Mcsirtuna’s was pretty good.

How much height on the door was left getting that in you RAV4? Wanted to get one but read it was a bit tight. Thanks.

#10128 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

It fit without issue, but I loaded and unloaded so fast that I didn't note the extra clearance. The door is 31 and 7/8" tall so B/W and Sterns won't be a problem.

Great, thanks for the info. Fast sounds good!

2 months later
#10239 2 years ago

My LE has been working flawlessly, smooth bicycle girl ramp, crossbow and magnets ok.
I bought mine from an operator who set everything up perfect, I just added the extra thick rubber below the pops.
Love the look of the LE. Vimtoman’s crate mod looks perfect on this one

3 months later
#10481 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The reason the playfield looks dark is that the inserts LEDs are way too bright. I fixed that by switching them all over to warm white LEDs. This lets your pupils open up more to let in more light, so the playfield looks brighter. Try it, it works!

You can’t do that on the Premium though, aren’t the LED’s on boards?

#10490 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Okay, so it sounds like only the Pro uses 555 sockets for insert lighting. I was helping a friend with his AC/DC Premium, and it has a similar problem. The inserts are so bright and flash so much, it makes the game unplayable for half the people in our league. I went to switch out some of the insert lamps, and discovered that it used the LED boards. There’s no setting to reduce the flashing or the brightness of the inserts. So the only “fix” is to use a lot of ambient (overhead) lighting. It’s disappointing that Stern doesn’t even have a setting to reduce their brightness.
I’m not sure why more modern Sterns don’t seem to have this problem. It might just be that the GI in later games is bright enough to overcome the insert brightness.

Maybe you could put something physically over the board LED’s to dim them down?

#10493 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, I was thinking that if I can bake on parchment paper, it should be safe to use it to dim the inserts.

I used that behind red/blue lighting gel on my Robocop backglass as it was missing the fresnels and worked really well at hiding the lamps as you could see them through the gels.

1 week later
#10513 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

We need to find someone who is willing to recreate the bicycle girl mod. It is such a wasted feature when you activate the mode and cannot see it. Why even bother sticking a detailed sculpt under there when you can't see it while playing?

You can stick an led on the post in front that lights it up, Judge Dreads does that mod or make one.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-WALKING-DEAD-Pinball-Bicycle-Girl-Light-Mod-GREEN-/281865950897?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

2 months later
#10613 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I’m going to be joining the club soon and I’m wondering if anyone has the modfather topper?any other topper recommendations? Or any else you would highly recommend? Color DMD?
The pin I’m getting has a few little mods as well as a shaker motor and the new sound code.
I have never tried the pin but I love the theme and have been wanting one for a long time. Can’t wait.
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/walking-dead/products/walking-dead-topper

The Crate mod from Vimtoman is also very good.

1 month later
#10731 2 years ago

I love the look of my LE, The Crate mod is a must have from Vimtoman as is the bicycle girl mod. Have the Color lcd screen on mine but wish I had fitted the led version as Iron Man next to it has one and looks better. Speaker upgrade with lights and figures, Cleland code and an external sub is also a must.

I recently replaced the white leds around the inlane’s and slings with comet sunlights and looks much nicer.

I also replaced the fluorescent tube with a led tube in the backbox as it runs cooler.

2 weeks later
#10764 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Ha, I was totally blown away by her when I saw her on a panel with Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and both have heavy British accents, I was floored

The Governor and Morgan are too, I was surprised it had so many of us in it with big roles.

2 months later
#10858 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Argh!! Just drained while trying to shoot Woodbury to begin HORDE.

I set the phone up just before I got to it, been there a few times now but this one was brutal and never gets old!

1 month later
#10904 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

Going to be getting my TWD Pro in about three weeks, what mods would be on your 'must have' list? Thanks!

Color display, upgrade the speakers, speaker lights with the acrylics and The Crate mod (Vimtoman)

#10905 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Color display, upgrade the speakers, speaker lights with the acrylics, and The Crate mod (Vimtoman)

#10910 1 year ago

Got Paradigm servo 15” sub on mine ‘oh my goodness”

3 weeks later
#10970 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Color DMD is one of the few worthy mods in this world.
My rule of thumb is LED for games with hand-drawn dots and LCD for games with digitized full motion video as the dots XL smooth things out.
So my Iron Man and Tron have LCD and TWD had LED.
If you’re on the fence just grab the LCD version though!

Well, I have led in Iron Man and it looks great as the colours really pop and suits it I think. Tron has an LCD and looks too dull compared to Iron Man and TWD has an LCD and looks great as it’s a bit duller/less poppy than the led in Iron Man and suits it better for me.

I used to only go lcd but since I put one in Iron Man it has changed my mind.

1 month later
#11040 1 year ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Take the glass off and use your finger

Ahh, so that’s how you got that big billion plus score

2 weeks later
#11050 1 year ago

Need to mount this and add some lighting effects, it’s foam filled. Once I see something I can mount it with I can fit it.
Have been looking but nothing good enough, might have to make a double spike mount.
Super Fly topper.

471F8B12-5366-489E-B80F-1B07D09E5991 (resized).jpeg471F8B12-5366-489E-B80F-1B07D09E5991 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#11187 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I
I saw the grateful dead however that's not my speed. I do like NIN, however are there any others?

There is a Prodigy sound mix if your into a bit of smack my bitch up hitting the bicycle girl!

#11189 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Who do I need to hit up for Prodigy?

Download and put it on a usb stick, then update the pin with it. Will be instructions somewhere if you do a search to update stern SAM.
Sounds great with upgraded speakers and a 15” external sub.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/148#post-4752565

2 weeks later
#11212 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

You could always use my style of head decal since this game scares the crap out of my kids. It’s very cost effective! [quoted image]

Snap with my grandkids lol

85769C24-BCD8-443E-8702-A772721C91A1 (resized).jpeg85769C24-BCD8-443E-8702-A772721C91A1 (resized).jpeg
#11215 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I'm dealing with this blow back from the local civilians right now (just got a TWD prem). With grand kids/neices/nephews that love pinball, there is unhappiness about this pin.
Alas, the stern fishtank topper may have to go

I had a baseball bat with barbed wire wrapped around it (Lucille) as a topper and it was a pain in the arse getting that fleece lined cover off

It fell off a few times and smashed into the glass (all ok) scaring the crap out of me, it’s now hanging on the wall!

2 weeks later
#11246 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question for the group.
The light on the small PCB behind the bicycle girl placard (that sits above the left ramp), runs down under the playfield and connects via a two-prong molex (with a z-connector to another molex).
Has anyone used a wired z-connector (as seen on many other mods, i.e.well walker flasher/guts light from Pinball Refinery, etc) to power a light mod? Thinking about tapping into this connector to add a light under the left ramp that would associate/interact with the bicycle girl light.
The light is tested in diagnostics with the rest of the non flasher lighting, so I imagine it's 5 volts.
Thanks!

Yes, Judge Dreads did/does this mod. Led sits in a ss bracket on the post facing BG. Have one in my coin box as fitted the interactive one which is great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lostcause.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tu=lostcause and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.