IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 236.
#1201 8 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I get SDTM alot in mine. I am running 1.56. I would have hoped the magnet would shake the ball before release. Is there a fix to stop the SDTM? Happens too often, I end up shoving the game just as the magnet releases and I also risk Tilt.
btw, I have an LE

Yeah you shouldn't have to do that. Is it a "limp dick" drop or a power plunge? Magnet might not be pulsing, something is def wrong.

#1202 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah you shouldn't have to do that. Is it a "limp dick" drop or a power plunge? Magnet might not be pulsing, something is def wrong.

I also have the same issues as him, also running 1.56 and have a LE. I use the two flipper method but still 60% SDTM.

#1203 8 years ago

I also get many sdtm on my premium.

#1204 8 years ago

Oh not that guy. He was so brutal to deal with. Made me carry the game all by myself without a cart while he laughed and taunted me. It was very upsetting. ;-P

Quoted from Chambahz:

Sounds like your machine is faulty. Return it to the guy you bought it from.
; )
(STILL waiting for my Premium!)

#1205 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

Well Waker
Btw
I have sometimes random WW Hits while playing. Checked the switch 10 times. Do you have any ideas?

Quoted from ezeltmann:

put in a new switch, adjust it perfectly .. been there , done that <

Update: replaced the switch and now if plays perfect!

#1206 8 years ago

My phantom well walker hits were caused by the z connector (the switch is always closed, so a bad connection and some vibration caused it). Switching the zconnector with another one solved it completely.

#1207 8 years ago
#1208 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

pressing both flippers? Have I missed something?

If you hit both flippers a second after the crowbar hits the walkers head it works wonders for me and many others.

#1209 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

pressing both flippers? Have I missed something?

Doing it before the prison sequence ends causes the magnet to pulse. You can usually get an extra prison hit.

#1210 8 years ago

I had the magnet chuck it into the prison twice the other day, scoring two prison hits ...

#1211 8 years ago

Like others , it is extremely rare to not get some sort of magnet action with the most recent software. The only problem i have seen is a rocket magnet pulse SDTM. 2 prison "hits" seems to happen every once and while.

#1212 8 years ago

I seem to get many SDTM off of the zombie face in the prison. Again, it is teaching me how to be a more proactive player though. The game is pretty amazing.

#1213 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I seem to get many SDTM off of the zombie face in the prison. Again, it is teaching me how to be a more proactive player though. The game is pretty amazing.

Exactly. TWD is the type of game that rewards the player for smart play, and punishes the player for attacking the game without a clear strategy. The prison zombie is one of the most dangerous shots in the game. It's much more dangerous than the prison doors, because the head absorbs the speed of the ball, causing the ball to fall straight down towards the center drain. To minimize how many times you have to hit the shot, try to take out as many prison yard zombies as you can by shooting the blue lit arrows. You can also use prison bombs to safely score a hit to the prison. This is especially useful if you only have one hit remaining in order to start multiball. It basically acts as a free ball save.

#1214 8 years ago

Finally had a bunch of modes stacked with blood bath...took a freaking year, I'm so bad.
I know what I read, but playing through that at 3 AM....Holy Shit! No idea what happened.
About had a coronary!

Took an hour to calm done after that! Pure Insanity!

#1215 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You can also use prison bombs to safely score a hit to the prison. This is especially useful if you only have one hit remaining in order to start multiball. It basically acts as a free ball save.

Must be nice -______- ......!!!

#1216 8 years ago

A little trick I thought I would share. My prison magnet was literally throwing balls down the center at high speed ALL THE TIME. I checked under the playfield this morning and simply cut the zip tie holding the black wire going to it and re zip tied to a couple wires on the toward the right a little. It needs to move as we know but what seemed to be happening is it was always set in that one spot because of the way the black wire had been secured at stern. Not a huge deal by any stretch but, now it seems to hold steady to the right a little tiny bit and it has made a huge difference so far from what I can tell.

#1217 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

A little trick I thought I would share. My prison magnet was literally throwing balls down the center at high speed ALL THE TIME. I checked under the playfield this morning and simply cut the zip tie holding the black wire going to it and re zip tied to a couple wires on the toward the right a little. It needs to move as we know but what seemed to be happening is it was always set in that one spot because of the way the black wire had been secured at stern. Not a huge deal by any stretch but, now it seems to hold steady to the right a little tiny bit and it has made a huge difference so far from what I can tell.

Popping the hood and trying that now thanks.

#1218 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You can also use prison bombs to safely score a hit to the prison. This is especially useful if you only have one hit remaining in order to start multiball. It basically acts as a free ball save.

This is such a good strategy. I recommend if you're in this situation to just go for other things and if your ball drains, then quickly use your bomb which will then start the MB saving your drained ball.

#1219 8 years ago

I love this wallpaper! It'd be cool to have surrounding TWD pin.

Although if the cops stopped by for some reason it might raise eyebrows.

blood-bath-wallpaper1_(resized).jpgblood-bath-wallpaper1_(resized).jpg

#1220 8 years ago

Just started playing my new TWD Premium.. man, this game is awesome. So much depth it blows my mind.

The main thing I noticed as a newer pinball player and only 1 day in with this pin- this game will not be fun and will not impress you if you do not clearly understand the rules to a certain degree, and rely on luck for shooting different shots. If you are hitting balls randomly it just doesn't click. When you start actually strategizing what steps to take and actually aiming for shots, and understanding what to do and when to do it- the game just clicks and makes you want to keep starting a new game over and over again.

There was talk of drains out of the pop bumpers but I don't see it being a problem on my machine. The outlanes are brutal though and I will be adjusting them in a bit more. The SDTM off the prison magnet does suck, and thats with using the 2-flipper method- but its about 1 in 7 balls or so that it actually happens.

Overall, its a great compliment to my MET Premium. Great game and sound (which an external sub is a MUST!!). It will be here for a long time, thats for sure!

#1221 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

There was talk of drains out of the pop bumpers but I don't see it being a problem on my machine.

If it does become a problem on your machine, follow this thread for a GREAT fix:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-lepremium-center-drain-help

Quoted from kpg:

The SDTM off the prison magnet does suck, and thats with using the 2-flipper method- but its about 1 in 7 balls or so that it actually happens.

It seems like we have a lead or two on how to fix this as well lately. Check this post out for a possible solution.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/25#post-2915766

Agree with you, fantastic game!!! Watch Bowen's tutorial video if you want a real treat; he totally rocks the game:

#1222 8 years ago

Today Concretehardt was over with his daughter and we played two games of 3 player TWD. His daughter beat us both times and both times I got destroyed placing last. I probably barely broke 10mil on each game. They walked off to play iron man. I was pissed so played one more game alone.

I well walker bombed myself from a ball drain into well walker mb and this was the start. Pretty soon horde started. Then I stacked well walker mb with escape terminus. I couldn't figure out why the right Woodbury flasher was going crazy and it turned out last man standing was ready for 2 balls and I didn't realize why. Played some last man standing and finished at 1.5bil. Was shakey for a long time after

#1223 8 years ago

Its been over a year twd is still the best pin ive ever played

#1224 8 years ago

Purchased an LE on pre order, cancelled it after seeing the initial videos of early play and code along with the sound package at that time. Fast forward now a year later ( 2 weeks ago ) had the chance to pick up a HUO LE in pristine condition and all I can say is WOW I'm so glad I did so. It would have been great to still been in it from day one, but on the other hand I did get to miss a lot of the growing pains with it but I know you guys who held on are really enjoying reaping the rewards from doing so now. What an amazing pin, I didn't load the custom sound pack as of yet but I need to do so.

#1225 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Purchased an LE on pre order, cancelled it after seeing the initial videos of early play and code along with the sound package at that time. Fast forward now a year later ( 2 weeks ago ) had the chance to pick up a HUO LE in pristine condition and all I can say is WOW I'm so glad I did so. It would have been great to still been in it from day one, but on the other hand I did get to miss a lot of the growing pains with it but I know you guys who held on are really enjoying reaping the rewards from doing so now. What an amazing pin, I didn't load the custom sound pack as of yet but I need to do so.

So glad to hear another story of someone who played the dud code and the new code and is getting to really enjoy the game. Get the custom code from Milhouse or Cleland; they did an absolutely outstanding job. Their code is th me way the game SHOULD have come stock.

Glad to hear you joined the club. This game is simply amazing.

#1226 8 years ago

Anyone else frantically hit the bomb button anytime you drain after a good ball??? Even though I know I don't have one, it's like second nature now!

#1227 8 years ago

Do bombs carry over ball to ball?

#1228 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Do bombs carry over ball to ball?

Yes, they do carry over from ball to ball. Never a good idea just to arbitrarily use them on a drain (unless its your last ball.) Much better to save them and try to use them as a ball save when draining and needing only one more shot for prison or well-walker multi-ball, or using them to get a large jackpot after rolling over a large x multiplier.

#1229 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If it does become a problem on your machine, follow this thread for a GREAT fix:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-lepremium-center-drain-help

It seems like we have a lead or two on how to fix this as well lately. Check this post out for a possible solution.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/25#post-2915766
Agree with you, fantastic game!!! Watch Bowen's tutorial video if you want a real treat; he totally rocks the game: » YouTube video

Ok man - the down the middle drains from the poppers did become an issue once I realized and it and paid attention during a multiball. Hit prison multi a few times and so many balls drained from the poppers!

I did the slingshot rubber mod using the thread u linked to, and low and behold- WAY BETTER. This needs to come this way from the factory!!! Thank you.

#1230 8 years ago

So my TWD LE didn't have the plexi glass protector on the entrance of bicycle girl ramp, and after a few calls to Sterns in attempt to purchase one with no avail I decided to make one of my own and in addition dress it up a bit like when she was crawling thru the field. It's cut from 1/8 plexi backed with Gorilla Tape to hopefully alleviate the issues of them cracking from the ball smashing into them. Thus far it's still good so I should be adding lights to it shortly, and believe it or not there is no view obstruction of the ramp or BG head beneath the ramp.

P1010029_(resized).JPGP1010029_(resized).JPG

#1231 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

My phantom well walker hits were caused by the z connector (the switch is always closed, so a bad connection and some vibration caused it). Switching the zconnector with another one solved it completely.

can you provide more detail? where is the z connector? where did you get the replacement z connector?

#1232 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

can you provide more detail? where is the z connector? where did you get the replacement z connector?

If you follow the wires coming from the Well Walker switch, you will see that they are connected to the switch matrix via this type of connector ...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2095

Z_Connector_(resized).jpgZ_Connector_(resized).jpg

#1233 8 years ago

So my TWD LE didn't have the plexi glass protector on the entrance of bicycle girl ramp, and after a few calls to Sterns in attempt to purchase one with no avail I decided to make one of my own and in addition dress it up a bit like when she was crawling thru the field. It's cut from 1/8 plexi backed with Gorilla Tape to hopefully alleviate the issues of them cracking from the ball smashing into them. Thus far it's still good so I should be adding lights to it shortly, and believe it or not there is no view obstruction of the ramp or BG head beneath the ramp.

P1010029_(resized).JPG

Very nice mod! I'd ask if you are going to make them, but I'm sure that it would be time intensive and price prohibitive. I hope that the ball doesn't hit it too often. Great work!

#1234 8 years ago

This would be a really nice mod to place under the pro ramp!

#1235 8 years ago

I am about 3 days into this pin and I feel I am bi-polar with it. One second I love it, the other second I am frustrated with how it plays. When you get a good game going its great- but problem is, it takes forever to get one going due to the cheap drains like the prison magnet (which isn't often) and the prison walker head hit either not registering, or registering then draining. The drains off the pop bumpers even with the slingshot rubber mod that was most recently posted doesn't help much.

Last night I had a friend over who has a few machines himself, who has logged many entertaining hours on my Metallica Premium, get so frustrated with the machine. The fact someone cant come up and just play a casual fun game without getting frustrated is a bit disappointing. We played for 1.5 hours or so, never scoring over 20-30M (most were less than 10M games) because of cheap outline drains, SDTM off the prison, and pop bumper exit drains that you literally cannot save unless you dump the machine over on its side. Out of 10-15 games, maybe 1 or 2 were fun and not frustrating last night.

I have messed with the leveling, and other tricks- what am I doing wrong here? What side to side and pitch level have you found to be the best? I am not a great pinball player, but I can put down 90-100M score games on MET without too many issues, but most of all that pin is FUN every time you play. I find myself more frustrated than having fun with TWD because it takes too long to get a satisfying game in - and I am even playing on 4 ball...

Any advice is welcome.

#1236 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Any advice is welcome.

TWD is a TOUGH game, and is much easier for a really good player to enjoy, than more mid level players - please don't take that the wrong way. Having said that, go ahead and make adjustments to fit your tastes - it's not hard to do.

-------------- BALL SAVE -------------
- give yourself a long ball save - 30 seconds - to avoid the frustration of "I didn't even get to flip"

-------------- EXTRA BALLS ------------
- Fix a free extra ball at 15 million --- IMO this is better as a reward than just setting the game to 4 balls
- Set specials to award extra balls --- in home use free games are worthless, but extra balls aren't

-------------- OUTLANES -------------
- move the outlanes in
- use larger posts or rubbers on the outlanes
--- outlane problem fixed (you can practically close your outlanes)

-------------- SO CALLED "Cheap" DRAINS - PRISON ---------------------
- leveling
- rotate the magnet core
- disable the prison magnet - just unplug it - if it's too frustrating for you
- fix your prison zombie switch - just adjust it - mine has zero problems since adjusting
- disable the prison doors if you can't get it to your liking (in the menu)
- focus on your save skills - shaking the machine and slap saves

-------------- SO CALLED "Cheap" DRAINS - POPS ---------------------
- leveling
- use a bigger rubber on the post left of the right ramp entrance

Please stop complaining about "Cheap" drains and start realizing it's a TOUGH game with danger areas -> play better. Plus, if you do ALL of the above I'm sure you will have much longer games.
For many better players, games get to be TOO LONG - we need some tough, short play games.
BUT it makes it SOOOOOO much better when you have a great game - you feel like you accomplished something-> and you did!

Think about this -> you've had the game 3 days! If you were having great games already, you would see everything within 1 month! A big part of the awesomeness of TWD is the challenge - are you up to the challenge?

#1237 8 years ago

I am reserving this spot for when I get home from work.

I will say this tongue-in-cheek: don't buy a BSD. BSD will shred TWD in terms of difficulty.

#1238 8 years ago

I love my BSD, but you have to master the shots to really enjoy it.

#1239 8 years ago

does someone has HD picture of the premium cabinet ? it seems that cabinet decals on premium are lighter color ? else is LE or Premium cabinet is hotest one ?

#1240 8 years ago
Quoted from Nico:

Does someone has HD picture of the premium cabinet ? it seems that cabinet decals on premium are lighter color ? else is LE or Premium cabinet is hotest one ?

That's entirely subjective. I really like them both.

#1241 8 years ago

To fix some drains, you can increase the pitch of your game by using the levelers (bottom quite up, front quite down).

#1242 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am about 3 days into this pin and I feel I am bi-polar with it. One second I love it, the other second I am frustrated with how it plays. When you get a good game going its great- but problem is, it takes forever to get one going due to the cheap drains like the prison magnet (which isn't often) and the prison walker head hit either not registering, or registering then draining. The drains off the pop bumpers even with the slingshot rubber mod that was most recently posted doesn't help much.
Last night I had a friend over who has a few machines himself, who has logged many entertaining hours on my Metallica Premium, get so frustrated with the machine. The fact someone cant come up and just play a casual fun game without getting frustrated is a bit disappointing. We played for 1.5 hours or so, never scoring over 20-30M (most were less than 10M games) because of cheap outline drains, SDTM off the prison, and pop bumper exit drains that you literally cannot save unless you dump the machine over on its side. Out of 10-15 games, maybe 1 or 2 were fun and not frustrating last night.
I have messed with the leveling, and other tricks- what am I doing wrong here? What side to side and pitch level have you found to be the best? I am not a great pinball player, but I can put down 90-100M score games on MET without too many issues, but most of all that pin is FUN every time you play. I find myself more frustrated than having fun with TWD because it takes too long to get a satisfying game in - and I am even playing on 4 ball...
Any advice is welcome.

Make sure your game is leveled correctly, 6.5 pitch.
Don't shoot straight up the middle, you are asking for trouble.
You have to get the drop targets down to do well and score in the game, if you can't do that, your scores will be low.
You have to make the shots to do well, like most pins. Like IM, lack of control is deadly.
Use the flippers to control/release the magnets.

If I play 10 games, I might average somewhere around 20-25 mil. My high is over 500 mil and have scored over 200 mil several times since owning it the past month or so. I don't get drains down the middle from the pops like others report and have made no adjustments.

#1243 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

TWD is a TOUGH game, and is much easier for a really good player to enjoy, than more mid level players - please don't take that the wrong way. Having said that, go ahead and make adjustments to fit your tastes - it's not hard to do.
-------------- BALL SAVE -------------
- give yourself a long ball save - 30 seconds - to avoid the frustration of "I didn't even get to flip"
-------------- EXTRA BALLS ------------
- Fix a free extra ball at 15 million --- IMO this is better as a reward than just setting the game to 4 balls
- Set specials to award extra balls --- in home use free games are worthless, but extra balls aren't
-------------- OUTLANES -------------
- move the outlanes in
- use larger posts or rubbers on the outlanes
--- outlane problem fixed (you can practically close your outlanes)
-------------- SO CALLED "Cheap" DRAINS - PRISON ---------------------
- leveling
- rotate the magnet core
- disable the prison magnet - just unplug it - if it's too frustrating for you
- fix your prison zombie switch - just adjust it - mine has zero problems since adjusting
- disable the prison doors if you can't get it to your liking (in the menu)
-------------- SO CALLED "Cheap" DRAINS - POPS ---------------------
- leveling
- use a bigger rubber on the post left of the right ramp entrance
Please stop complaining about "Cheap" drains and start realizing it's a TOUGH game with danger areas -> play better. Plus, if you do ALL of the above I'm sure you will have much longer games.
For many better players, games get to be TOO LONG - we need some tough, short play games.
BUT it makes it SOOOOOO much better when you have a great game - you feel like you accomplished something-> and you did!
Think about this -> you've had the game 3 days! If you were having great games already, you would see everything within 1 month! A big part of the awesomeness of TWD is the challenge - are you up to the challenge?

Quoted from Lermods:

Make sure your game is leveled correctly, 6.5 pitch.
Don't shoot straight up the middle, you are asking for trouble.
You have to get the drop targets down to do well and score in the game, if you can't do that, your scores will be low.
You have to make the shots to do well, like most pins. Like IM, lack of control is deadly.
Use the flippers to control/release the magnets.
If I play 10 games, I might average somewhere around 20-25 mil. My high is over 500 mil and have scored over 200 mil several times since owning it the past month or so. I don't get drains down the middle from the pops like others report and have made no adjustments.

Just an update- I took some advice here and just had the best scoring games (consistenty 20-30mil and 3/10 games 120-140M which was rare, even on 4 ball!) and most of all - I had fun playing the machine! These simple tweaks turned this game around completely for me.

1) Barn loop fix- put some square fuzzy side velcro on the metal wall near pop bumpers- it now loops around and doesn't hit pop bumper.
2) Slingshot rubber on posts coming out of pop bumpers
3) Previous level was at 6.8 pitch. I used a digital level and got it to 6.5 on the dot.
4) Leaned machine over to the right 0.2 degrees
5) Ball save adjusted from 10 seconds to 15 seconds (max you can set)
6) Reduced from 4 ball to 3 ball
7) Changed reward from credit to Extra ball at 20,750,000
8) Changed extra ball % from 25% to 35%

What a difference it made to this game. I also ordered some larger star posts and rubbers from PBL and will be putting those on when they come in. Thanks for your input !

#1244 8 years ago

Just curious, how exactly do you rotate the magnet core? Not that I have to, but I am curious in case I ever HAVE to. Thanks !!

#1245 8 years ago

Another nice mod I know it's been covered is changing those fluorescent light bulbs to the LED tube version. I bought a few of these they are nice and bright and was easy to do took 8 minutes and the price is right too, for my eyes I like the warm over the cool.

ebay.com link: itm

#1246 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Just curious, how exactly do you rotate the magnet core? Not that I have to, but I am curious in case I ever HAVE to. Thanks !!

Just loosen the big nut and with a flat head turn the core a 1/4 of a turn

#1247 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Very nice mod! I'd ask if you are going to make them, but I'm sure that it would be time intensive and price prohibitive. I hope that the ball doesn't hit it too often. Great work!

Not going to make them but real easy to do, the one thing I found out is that this girl from McFarlane figure sets was like $9.00 when I bought it now they are $60+ but if you happen to find one cheap I'll help you make it or send her to me and I'll make it for you.

#1248 8 years ago

Just loosen the big nut and with a flat head turn the core a 1/4 of a turn

Why does this help? Also which way do you turn it?

#1249 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Why does this help? Also which way do you turn it?

You know I cannot actually say in theory why it helped, but just from a guess I would say that by rotating the core a 1/4 of a turn actually changed the direction the magnetic field pulses and grabbed the ball just enough to change in path of SDTM. So I can't say for sure but maybe the density of the core has more of a pull to one side or another for some reason it that makes any sense.

However it did work for me and maybe will for a few others as well. No hurt in trying if it don't work for some just screw it back in the 1/4 of a turn towards it's original starting point so no harm no foul.

#1250 8 years ago

I have a crossbow question:

Is the crossbow supposed to be lined up with the same targets as shown in the animations on the DMD? I find my crossbow to be lagging behind where is pointing on the DMD during it's animation sequence. Anybody ever notice this?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.