IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 237.
#752 8 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Both fun. Play totally different and TWD code is much further along. Depends what you like. New kiss code will be dropping soon but will still take some time to be complete. If you're not a Kiss fan, you may be happier with TWD. There is not really a bad choice between those 2 though...

hehe gio dropping the knowledge...cause he knows i'm gonna buy my final decision from him..
thanks guys. any other suggestion appreciated.

#753 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I do not agree. Other than when the BG ramp is up, the pro plays slower. Because there isn't a drop target, the ball winds up in the shooter lane a lot more, and thus back in the pops.

Other than the bg ramp ?? Your counterdicting yourself

#754 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Now I fully expect pro owners to come in and say how much better the flow is on the pro like they always do for each title.

Quoted from Delta9:

The pro rocks the flow is faster

As expected. Told ya.

#755 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I do not agree. Other than when the BG ramp is up, the pro plays slower. Because there isn't a drop target, the ball winds up in the shooter lane a lot more, and thus back in the pops.

I think the BG ramp being up actually makes the LE faster flowing too. On the LE you hit the BG bash target and the ball goes immediately back into play. On the pro you have to wait for it to go all the way around the ramp, then drop down, then roll back to the filppers. I bet if someone timed it the ball returns to play or to the flippers way faster after hitting the BG target on the LE.

#756 8 years ago

Our family has a pro and we absolutely love it. We were considering upgrading to a premium because of the way everyone was talking about how great it is. Went to the York show and played the premium, and my one son and I did not see it worth spending the extra cash on it. Some of the features are different and offer a different element to the game but don't really make it or break it IMO. We both thought the crossbow was horrible. The BG head was cool. The WW magnet and WB drop target were so so, could take it or leave it. Didn't get to try out these walker bombs, that would be the most exciting thing to me. Everyone has different opinions, that's why it's best for YOU to play them if you can and make an informed decision. Reviews are great and give insight, but playing the game is king. No matter which version you get, this code is very well done and you should love the game play. The game is my favorite in my collection at the moment.

#757 8 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Our family has a pro and we absolutely love it. We were considering upgrading to a premium because of the way everyone was talking about how great it is. Went to the York show and played the premium, and my one son and I did not see it worth spending the extra cash on it. Some of the features are different and offer a different element to the game but don't really make it or break it IMO. We both thought the crossbow was horrible. The BG head was cool. The WW magnet and WB drop target were so so, could take it or leave it. Didn't get to try out these walker bombs, that would be the most exciting thing to me. Everyone has different opinions, that's why it's best for YOU to play them if you can and make an informed decision. Reviews are great and give insight, but playing the game is king. No matter which version you get, this code is very well done and you should love the game play. The game is my favorite in my collection at the moment.

Thanks for the comments. I have only played the premium and would probably have to sell 2 games to get one now. They are around £6500 here in the uk. The pro I could probably get away with only selling 1 game like a bdk and a bit of cash. Most of my games are for rewrites or board making these days, but I really like the theme of twd it has me wondering if it's time for a change. I like having 1 game just for playing on with my teenage son.

Re the Woodbury drop target I didn't notice (when playing my friend premium) many rebound/indirect shots to the drop target. We found that shot quite a challenge to make so doesn't seem like that would slow down flow much without it

#758 8 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Yeah I ended up with the Pro for pretty much the same reasons you stated (additional features were luke warm to me). Some I liked (lighting, spinners), but others I didn't really care for (drop target, bicycle girl ramp/bash, crossbow).

Absolutely great machine! I definitely didn't need to have a premium/LE to enjoy it though.

#759 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Yeah I ended up with the Pro for pretty much the same reasons you stated (additional features were luke warm to me). Some I liked (lighting, spinners), but others I didn't really care for (drop target, bicycle girl ramp/bash, crossbow).
Absolutely great machine! I definitely didn't need to have a premium/LE to enjoy it though.

For what its worth, I added a pair of spinners to my TWD Pro. They look pretty good, I think.

#760 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

For what its worth, I added a pair of spinners to my TWD Pro. They look pretty good, I think.

Oh yeah I forgot you did that. How did you end up making them score? I think you were going to tie them into the ramp switches, right?

#761 8 years ago

Yeah, made a simple little jumper for them to add on to the connector for the ramp switches under the playfield. Works well, to a point - they don't fully score. I believe its because of how fast the switch is triggered. You'll get maybe 10 rotations, but it will only recognize 2 or 3 at most - the first, then the last 2 as it slows down. Anybody have any ideas about how to get around that?

Been thinking about adding a flasher under their respective playfield inserts as well, but haven't really sat down to figure out how to wire it in. Should be simple to just tap it to the source for the other flashers, but Im concerned about if the spinner switch sticks closed at all, that I might damage the rest of the circuit. Are typical Stern flashers controlled on/off by the boards in the case of a spinner? I don't have a machine with a spinner to compare.

#762 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Oh yes they do!

#763 8 years ago

I've never played the LE but have a pro and love it kiss needs an update to make a fair comparison but it has great patential that's for sure TWD awesome rules and awesome theme.

#764 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Oh yes they do!
» YouTube video

holly shnikies! Do not watch that youtube video if you are prone to seizures.

#765 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Yeah, made a simple little jumper for them to add on to the connector for the ramp switches under the playfield. Works well, to a point - they don't fully score. I believe its because of how fast the switch is triggered. You'll get maybe 10 rotations, but it will only recognize 2 or 3 at most - the first, then the last 2 as it slows down. Anybody have any ideas about how to get around that?

Yeah, just connect it to a different switch. Like the rollovers or the pop bumpers, they are meant to recognize fast consecutive hits.

#766 8 years ago

Hooking it to the pops would be great for scoring I think, but won't it also fire the pop every time it's triggered?

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Hooking it to the pops would be great for scoring I think, but won't it also fire the pop every time it's triggered?

I guess the only way to find out is try

#768 8 years ago

Gonna go find some gator clips and try it out.

13221561-portrait-of-crazy-electrician-over-black-background.jpg13221561-portrait-of-crazy-electrician-over-black-background.jpg

#769 8 years ago

Ordered my BG light mod from Gnassel yesterday. Seems like a nice guy and very helpful. Will most likely arrive before my TWD does.

Will definitely go with shaker and probably pdi glass.

What about the Stern splatter armor? How does it look in person?

#770 8 years ago

I also ordered from Gnassel yesterday and I agree with you. Seems like a very nice guy. Answered me back right away on a Saturday evening

#771 8 years ago

Bg mod. Is a very big deal! I think the next biggest is the cross bow. Laser is pretty fail cuz the time it takes for ball to reach target but. It feels like Something u want to achieve . Where as b4 it just didn't seem to be very cool.
Good luck.

#772 8 years ago

I added the original STERN shaker last night. Quick and easy installation, great mod. Should each LE having shipped from the factory!

#773 8 years ago
Quoted from Avatar:

I'm finally in the club since last wednesday. Let's just say my son is also delighted!
Stern Pinball ... fun for young & old
TWD.jpg

Oh, I thought you got an MMR

#774 8 years ago

Just helped a customer of mine upload a few clips into his TWD using his autistic sons name for some of the MB features and other call outs. The look on his kids face after hearing his name was all the payment I needed for that service call. I aint gonna lie, we both got teary eyed.

#775 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ordered my BG light mod from Gnassel yesterday. Seems like a nice guy and very helpful. Will most likely arrive before my TWD does.
Will definitely go with shaker and probably pdi glass.
What about the Stern splatter armor? How does it look in person?

I've got PDI, shaker and think both are must haves. I also happen to think the bloody armor on the LE is a must have (but my entire game room is color themed to black and red). The BG light is probably the best bang for the buck as far as mods go too. Huge difference and not too pricey.
LE514Spend.jpgLE514Spend.jpg
Never noticed how washed out the picture is, but the bloody armor really looks great on the LE.

#776 8 years ago

I like the mods listed as most popular. I thought the list would include the train tracks, signs, burning barn and more on the pf stuff

Hoping to join club. If anyone trading selling in MD/PA/VA.

#777 8 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I've got PDI, shaker and think both are must haves. I also happen to think the bloody armor on the LE is a must have (but my entire game room is color themed to black and red). The BG light is probably the best bang for the buck as far as mods go too. Huge difference and not too pricey.
LE514Spend.jpg
Never noticed how washed out the picture is, but the bloody armor really looks great on the LE.

That really does look awesome

#778 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg
This game is bad azz

#779 8 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

LE514Spend.jpg

That looks fantastic - didnt realise the Stern splatter armour had bloody hand prints as if someone had just killed a Zombie near the game and thought, "Heard the code on this was good, might have a game or 2."

#780 8 years ago

Hey folks, I just made deposit on a TWD Premium Refinery Edition and I'm beyond pumped to get it home and start playing. I've heard there is a really good alternate sound file for TWD LE/Premium out there...Can anyone point me to where I can get those files? Thanks very much!

#781 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Hey folks, I just made deposit on a TWD Premium Refinery Edition and I'm beyond pumped to get it home and start playing. I've heard there is a really good alternate sound file for TWD LE/Premium out there...Can anyone point me to where I can get those files? Thanks very much!

Send dis guy a PM. He is the creator, oh masterful and wonderful creator

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/cleland

#782 8 years ago

Awesome sauce. Thanks!

#783 8 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

Believe it or not there are 4 sound replacement options . this thread should contain links to all of them. I do 2 of them. One being Evil Walking Dead (based on the Evil Dead movie Evil Dead2) Enjoy

BTW the Bicycle Girl Light mod is another must-have. I tried to get Lyman or someone to answer as to why this feature was never provided a light on the Dead Flip stream last night. But no answer.

#784 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09
Believe it or not there are 4 sound replacement options . this thread should contain links to all of them. I do 2 of them. One being Evil Walking Dead (based on the Evil Dead movie Evil Dead2) Enjoy
BTW the Bicycle Girl Light mod is another must-have. I tried to get Lyman or someone to answer as to why this was never provided a light on the Dead Flip stream last night. But no answer.

Wow great, thanks for that link. I can't believe I didn't find it before while searching on my own, but that will be a great help. I'm having the Refinery guys put all the trappings in, including the great bicycle girl mod.

#785 8 years ago

Im in I just ordered a TWD pro cant wait til it gets here I need a alt translite for it if anyone has any leads thanks

#786 8 years ago

can anyone tell me where i can pick up the boney flipper bats from…seen them on a walking dead pin

#787 8 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

can anyone tell me where i can pick up the boney flipper bats from…seen them on a Walking Dead pin

What version of TWD do you have? Pinball customs was suppose to make a nice set of boney flippers painted like rotting flesh but he never delivered on his promise

#788 8 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

can anyone tell me where i can pick up the boney flipper bats from…seen them on a Walking Dead pin

I got mine from Pinball Life and then painted them. Looks like they offer them painted now:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2906&mobile=0

#789 8 years ago

seen those ones at pinball life ..someone on pinside is selling a modded out walking dead pro machine ..it has different set of bats on it

#790 8 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

seen those ones at pinball life ..someone on pinside is selling a modded out Walking Dead pro machine ..it has different set of bats on it

If you own a premium/LE the bats won't fit because the crossbow will hit them. You will have to modify the bats by shaving them down.

#791 8 years ago

Awesome Thread... glad to be part of Pinside.com and the TWD Club! We have spent the past several days reading through this thread and have enjoyed seeing all of the pictures of your TWDs... thanks for sharing!

We own a TWD Pro that we are absolutely in love with; great title, great set of rules, great shots, etc.

We are a family of 5 who not only LOVE pinball and play it as much as we can, but we are also a close family who owns and operates our own company since 2006. So with us constantly working and playing pinball together... we brought both LOVEs together and started creating MODs for pinball machines. As you'll see from the pictures, we have several MODs for TWD (Pro, L.E. and Premium editions) and are available on our website www.ulekstore.com > Personalized Items/Gifts > Pinball MODs

PLEASE NOTE: If you do order from our website, please use the following Coupon Code of: PINSIDE to save 10% on your entire order at checkout.

We will also have all of these MODs on Pinside's Market Place within the next week or so.

Thanks for looking and keep those pictures of your TWD's coming!

David

Terminus_Cafe_Sign_MOD_01.jpgTerminus_Cafe_Sign_MOD_01.jpg

TWD___Zombie_Outbreak_Prison_Sign_03.jpgTWD___Zombie_Outbreak_Prison_Sign_03.jpg

Walking_Dead___Quarry_Sign_01.jpgWalking_Dead___Quarry_Sign_01.jpg

Walking_Dead___Hitchhiker_Sign_MOD_03.jpgWalking_Dead___Hitchhiker_Sign_MOD_03.jpg

Pinball_Flipper_Bat_Master_Image.jpgPinball_Flipper_Bat_Master_Image.jpg

TWD___Sling_Shot_and_Return_Lane_Protectors_in_Translucent_Red_02.jpgTWD___Sling_Shot_and_Return_Lane_Protectors_in_Translucent_Red_02.jpg

TWD_pinball_machine_MOD___RR_Crossing___All_4_signs.jpgTWD_pinball_machine_MOD___RR_Crossing___All_4_signs.jpg

Walking_Dead___Fully_MODed_Playfield.jpgWalking_Dead___Fully_MODed_Playfield.jpg

#792 8 years ago

I think the BG ramp being up actually makes the LE faster flowing too. On the LE you hit the BG bash target and the ball goes immediately back into play. On the pro you have to wait for it to go all the way around the ramp, then drop down, then roll back to the filppers. I bet if someone timed it the ball returns to play or to the flippers way faster after hitting the BG target on the LE.

I just sold off the pro and got a premium. So here is my unbiased comment.

Both games are the same speed. One is not faster than the other. Features like drop targets and bash toys are not flow based toys. Shooting a ramp where the ball returns cleanly to the flippers is flow. Shooting a bash toy where the ball wobbles around and maybe lands on a flipper is not flow. The Woodbury shot is very hard to hit and not shot often enough to make a difference in game flow. Therefore, the drop target is not a noticeable flow benefit.

Unfortunately, each game plays a bit differently. My latest one holds the ball in the pops more and the left outlane is way more active. I had to move the outlane post but it barely helped and I disabled the right most pop bumper. I also disabled the well walker magnet after it tossed the ball into the outlane just once. That definitely does not make for a funner game.

#793 8 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

we brought both LOVEs together and started creating MODs for pinball machines. As you'll see from the pictures, we have several MODs for TWD (Pro, L.E. and Premium editions) and are available on our website http://www.ulekstore.com > Personalized Items/Gifts > Pinball MODs

I went to your website to see what you offer but it's far too much of a mess to navigate. First page is just a bunch of random pictures and I see no obvious navigation helpers nor can I easily find where twd mods might be. After 15 seconds I gave up.

Edit: I spent more time here and found the direct pinball link: http://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/1948.htm

It's at least possible to see what's there.

#794 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I just sold off the pro and got a premium. So here is my unbiased comment.
Both games are the same speed. One is not faster than the other. Features like drop targets and bash toys are not flow based toys. Shooting a ramp where the ball returns cleanly to the flippers is flow. Shooting a bash toy where the ball wobbles around and maybe lands on a flipper is not flow. The Woodbury shot is very hard to hit and not shot often enough to make a difference in game flow. Therefore, the drop target is not a noticeable flow benefit.
Unfortunately, each game plays a bit differently. My latest one holds the ball in the pops more and the left outlane is way more active. I had to move the outlane post but it barely helped and I disabled the right most pop bumper. I also disabled the well walker magnet after it tossed the ball into the outlane just once. That definitely does not make for a funner game.

I beleive my post was a rebuttal to someone saying the pro is "faster", which most if not all pro owners say to justify a cut down machine. Nothing to do with flow. And hitting the BG toy definently returns the ball faster. And you are on crack if you don't realize not having that Woodbury drop target makes the pro WAY slower and gives it WAY less flow. C'mon who are you trying to kid? Yourself? As far as not hitting that shot often, I call BS on that. When I was playing a pro I almost smashed the glass out of frustration on having to wait for that shot again and again

#795 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I went to your website to see what you offer but it's far too much of a mess to navigate. First page is just a bunch of random pictures and I see no obvious navigation helpers nor can I easily find where twd mods might be. After 15 seconds I gave up.
Edit: I spent more time here and found the direct pinball link: http://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/1948.htm
It's at least possible to see what's there.

Thanks for the feedback and checking out our site. And yes... we agree with you. lol We currently have over 2,700 items for sale (and not just Pinball MODs) so we are currently revamping our website.

The easiest way to see what all of our MODs that we carry for Walking Dead Pinball is by putting: Walking Dead in the search engine and all of and ONLY our Pinball MODs show up. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

#796 8 years ago

I beleive my post was a rebuttal to someone saying the pro is "faster", which most if not all pro owners say to justify a cut down machine. Nothing to do with flow. And hitting the BG toy definently returns the ball faster. And you are on crack if you don't realize not having that Woodbury drop target makes the pro WAY slower and gives it WAY less flow. C'mon who are you trying to kid? Yourself? As far as not hitting that shot often, I call BS on that. When I was playing a pro I almost smashed the glass out of frustration on having to wait for that shot again and again</blockquote only one on crack is you dont waste your time on this dude

#797 8 years ago

pick up 3 of your walking dead mods off your site… no problem finding or ordering them… shipped in 4 days….don't change a thing ….that guy sounds like he has more problems than just trying to order walking dead mods

#798 8 years ago

What color/type LEDs are you guys using for the Multi-Kill weapon inserts. My game had blue bulbs there when I got it. Looked terrible. I put white Cointaker double LEDs in them instead. They are a bit too bright. I was thinking maybe an orange or red in there. What are you guys using?

#799 8 years ago

Stock has double leds white cold

#800 8 years ago

How do you relight the white walker kill inserts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.