IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 237.
#4201 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Considering cancelling a BM66 order and joining the TWDLE club, decisions decisions

Should be a very simple decision Jon. TWD is way way better than BM66 will ever be!

#4202 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Should be a very simple decision Jon. TWD is way way better than BM66 will ever be!

Short version:
Don't be insane- if you like the BM66 layout/theme at all, hang in there as it will be better when the code is done.

Long version:
As an owner of both- it's certainly silly to assume that BM66 will be "better" when the code is done- except maybe it is? It's George and Lyman's new baby and the most important machine Stern has ever sold. Consider this, what are we 2.5-3 yrs later on TWD and the Prem/LE Horde insert light still doesn't function, and this is on an amazing seller for Stern.

The BM66 open shot layout and feel is much much better than TWD imo. I've said this on the interwebs many times as well, it's cruel how many times you can lose the ball (or a warning) on TWD on a "successful" shot. Same can be said about BM66 crane and joker magnet- but so far, I can tell you it happens with much less frequency.

I should also say, I can't stand TWD with stock sounds. The theme immersion is trash from the factory. I first fell in love with it after Cleland's work and then liked it even more when I added my NIN/RH on top of Cleland's callout pkg. Meanwhile the early signs for theme immersion on BM66 are incomplete to be sure, but what's there is phenomenal.

My advice, make more money, get more space and ensure you can have both.

#4203 7 years ago

From.what I hear, bm66 is a disaster in terms.of quality and the pf being barren. Twd is one of the best games ever made, to me it's a perfect 10.

#4204 7 years ago

Installed my ColorDMD in my TWD Premium and my MET Pro last night. They are both great, but for TWD all I can say is wow. I've done many mods to this pin and by far this is one of the best. I have and have seen ColorDMDs in other pins before but this one is stunning. Well worth the money.

#4205 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Installed my ColorDMD in my TWD Premium and my MET Pro last night. They are both great, but for TWD all I can say is wow. I've done many mods to this pin and by far this is one of the best. I have and have seen ColorDMDs in other pins before but this one is stunning. Well worth the money.

Did you purchase the LCD or LED? Also curious if it mounts flush or not?

#4206 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

From.what I hear, bm66 is a disaster in terms.of quality and the pf being barren. Twd is one of the best games ever made, to me it's a perfect 10.

The views on TWD were all bad the first year plus if it's existence.

#4207 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The views on TWD were all bad the first year plus if it's existence.

Yes, mainly because of the code and bad sound package related to character voices, not quality. I only got mine in late 2015 when i felt both were addressed. I am hearing some very bad stories about pf quality and the overall package on bm66, not just code. Nowhere near being worth what they are asking for it.

#4208 7 years ago

Does anyone have a fix for the Well Walker well cracking and peeling?

I bought those "walker pants" and those lasted about 1 day before breaking apart...

#4209 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Considering cancelling a BM66 order and joining the TWDLE club, decisions decisions

Get a TWD! I say pro, but some can't get past the LE enjoyment factor. That said, IF BM66 ever gets good, like TWD good, there will be plenty to buy as the production line will be moving heavily with them. If it remains bad, then there will be plenty to be had on the secondary market at a discount.

Why buy such an unfinished product? Go with something proven, TWD!

#4210 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unfortunately this isn't possible on a prem. You can only multiply a crossbow shot by the 2x playfield. Can't combine an inlane X with it.
Unless you disable the crossbow then you might be able too. Not sure.

Not sure if Lyman fixed the code or not but when I had my TWD prem, if you disabled the xbow it would disable the mode completely so you couldn't play it like a pro.

#4211 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure if Lyman fixed the code or not but when I had my TWD prem, if you disabled the xbow it would disable the mode completely so you couldn't play it like a pro.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unfortunately this isn't possible on a prem. You can only multiply a crossbow shot by the 2x playfield. Can't combine an inlane X with it.

Not sure if it has been mentioned , but it IS possible to combine inlane X with Crossbow by missing the initial crossbow shot and then having it roll over the inlane X during the grace period. Only major shots stop the crossbow shot-making time limit.

#4212 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Not sure if it has been mentioned , but it IS possible to combine inlane X with Crossbow by missing the initial crossbow shot and then having it roll over the inlane X during the grace period. Only major shots stop the crossbow shot-making time limit.

Good luck with that haha. But yeah that would work.

#4213 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Buy a new Met Prem from Pinball Heaven and I'll swap it for my No.321 TWD LE!

TWD is brilliant, but fancy a change.

#4214 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Did you purchase the LCD or LED? Also curious if it mounts flush or not?

I purchased the LCD. The quality is top notch, there have been some discussions on the LED from those who don't think that it is as nice as the LCD, and it was in stock. It does not mount flush, but it's the same as has been used by ColorDMD for quite some time so it works well as mounted.

#4215 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Unless Batman 66 is a dream theme for you, I would take TWD (pro, prem or LE) over it in a heartbeat. Played one at a distributor's recently and thought it was awful. Incredibly dull layout and practically no toys aside from the crane. They have balls releasing such a cheap game at an inflated price.

And thank you people for chiming in on the differences on the pro/prem. Was considering trading my pro for a premium, but a friend called me up and offered up his LE. I jumped on it. Love it and glad I upgraded. Still love the pro, but it's hard to go back after the upgrades on the premium/LE.

My cat nor I know how to use the walker bombs. Time to re-read the rules.

IMG_3084 (resized).JPGIMG_3084 (resized).JPG

#4216 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

My cat nor I know how to use the walker bombs. Time to re-read the rules

Somebody index this:

Guide to Walker Bombs (posted in another thread)

Knocking down all drops does the following in regards to Walker Bombs:

Food: Gives well walker bomb, only after starting WW multiball countdown Button light: GREEN

Weapons : Lights crossbow when not in horde, When in Horde lights Horde Bomb. Button Light during Horde: RED
*may store horde bombs during "non horde" collecting unless you get a default #of bombs when you start horde (i guess more clearing up is in order)

First Aid : Gives Prison Bomb only after starting clear prison yard. Button Light : BLUE

README:
- Added fire button colors for the walker bombs (prison=blue, horde=red,
well=green).
- Added walker bombs (Premium/LE only). Prison walker bombs can be
applied during prison yard/prison multiball/siege and are earned by
collecting first aid during prison yard/prison multiball/siege. Well
walker bombs can be applied during well/well multiball and are earned
by collecting food during well/well multiball. Horde walker bombs
can be applied during horde and are earned by collecting weapons during
horde. To apply a bomb, hit the fire button.

#4217 7 years ago

Im really itching to get a color display for my TWD pro looks very cool

#4218 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I purchased the LCD. The quality is top notch, there have been some discussions on the LED from those who don't think that it is as nice as the LCD, and it was in stock. It does not mount flush, but it's the same as has been used by ColorDMD for quite some time so it works well as mounted.

Thanks! I always have leaned towards the LCD. My only issue has been that they dont mount flush. Can you tell me how much of a gap is there? Is it noticeable from straight on or at angles?

#4219 7 years ago

Most of what I've read is that the LED is preferred on LED games. It really pops. But hi res junkies prefer the LCD. LEDs sold out, that should tell you their popularity.

#4220 7 years ago

a

Quoted from ATLpb:Replaced the stock black LE head molding with red. (Repurposed from my BM66LE )
LE really should have shipped with the blood splatter and red molding.

where can i get the crossbow apron?

#4221 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Most of what I've read is that the LED is preferred on LED games. It really pops. But hi res junkies prefer the LCD. LEDs sold out, that should tell you their popularity.

I like the option that LCD gives where you can do 2 forms of "dots" as well as hi res..

The LED is nice but I dont want "brighter" which is why most people go for the LED it seems. To me, it seems the LCD will do what the LED does and more, so thats where my head is at..

#4222 7 years ago

Does the LED do DotsXL?

#4223 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Does the LED do DotsXL?

No, which is why the LCD is my preference

#4224 7 years ago

And it's interesting. No DotsXL which many people like and yet most reviews from those who have both versions (led and lcd) generally have preferred the LED version in their newer games. The LED versions have been sold out there for a while now.

#4225 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Buy a new Met Prem from Pinball Heaven and I'll swap it for my No.321 TWD LE!
TWD is brilliant, but fancy a change.

I suspect you'll regret that move!

#4226 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I always have leaned towards the LCD. My only issue has been that they don't mount flush. Can you tell me how much of a gap is there? Is it noticeable from straight on or at angles?

From straight on, you can't even notice the gap. You can see it from an angle, but it's honestly no big deal.

#4227 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I suspect you'll regret that move!

You're probably right. Must've been the Peroni talking!

#4228 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I bought those "walker pants" and those lasted about 1 day before breaking apart...

The Walking Dead Pro that I bought from a forum member also had those "walker pants" and I've noticed them breaking apart also. I might replace them down the track and put extra mylar or something over them.

#4229 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I don't remember anyone ever preferring LED, haven't even seen a video. TBH I really would like to see a video of LED before I'd commit to purchasing.

#4230 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I don't remember anyone ever preferring LED, haven't even seen a video. TBH I really would like to see a video of LED before I'd commit to purchasing.

Lots of buyers on the forum and a few videos as well. Check the LED DMD threads, especially the thread put up when it was released.

#4231 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

The Walking Dead Pro that I bought from a forum member also had those "walker pants" and I've noticed them breaking apart also. I might replace them down the track and put extra mylar or something over them.

Yea, I will probably end up doing the same as when you buy them, it comes with 2 sets of those "pants".

#4232 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

And it's interesting. No DotsXL which many people like and yet most reviews from those who have both versions (led and lcd) generally have preferred the LED version in their newer games. The LED versions have been sold out there for a while now.

I havent read that. From what ive seen, most prefer the LCD. Havent gone through the whole thread though:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led

#4233 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

My advice would be to just go with bare metal. I've been playing with bare metal for years now.

#4234 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My advice would be to just go with bare metal. I've been playing with bare metal for years now.

Soon enough I wont have a choice hahaha.

You would think they would have figured a better option for this since that well takes more abuse than anywhere else on the table.

#4235 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Video of an LED display probably wouldn't represent it very well. You really have to see one in person and see how you like it.

#4236 7 years ago

agreed, here is some LED on my ToM.

I prefer the LED, going for LED on TWD when Randy gets more stock.

#4237 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Lots of buyers on the forum and a few videos as well. Check the LED DMD threads, especially the thread put up when it was released.

if you say so. All I read were people loving the LED, haven't seen a single video of LED. Read the lcd/led thread, the color dmd announcement thread and the twd thread. Maybe I missed it but it seems to be very one way for LCD and almost zero mention of led at all.

#4238 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

BG ramp is a big plus on Premium/LE - does not kill flow if it's adjusted to be smooth (not hard with the ramp extension), and BG mode provides a change in the playfield layout. On the Pro you are always just hitting the ramp, over and over. On the Premium, sometimes it's a ramp, and sometimes it's a bash toy --->>> more variety makes it more exciting/fun IMO. Also, when it's the bash toy the action is faster, as the ball comes back to the flippers faster than when you make the ramp shot. BTW - it also enhances the strategy on the game, as it is beneficial to combine BG and CDC so you can make faster progress on CDC with the ramp "up".

Well said, and I couldn't agree more.

#4239 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I havent read that. From what ive seen, most prefer the LCD. Havent gone through the whole thread though:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led

Lots of LED love there. I pasted some LED quotes on the first page alone. Lots of info now and good info on both options. As epthegeek mentions LED just doesn't video well, though there is some video there, and comparison to LCD by the same videographer.

Quoted from Rondogg:

if you say so. All I read were people loving the LED, haven't seen a single video of LED. Read the lcd/led thread, the color dmd announcement thread and the twd thread. Maybe I missed it but it seems to be very one way for LCD and almost zero mention of led at all.

Not at all. Here's some quotes from the first page alone. I like the quote that describes the LED light option as a preference, just like having LED lights in a game. I love LED lights in games and most people do (including upgrading some of my games to LED PF lighting). But not everyone is the same and there are options for all tastes, with each having their merits. The LCD is a great option with some unique strengths.

'
'
'
quotes from the LED colordmd thread, first page.

Quoted from Bay78:

Wow, I'm shocked at all the slightly negative remarks towards the LED ColorDMD. I have 5 LCD ColorDMD's and really do like them ( especially the dots XL mode ). But when I was at expo last week and saw the LED version in Star Wars and Terminator 3 I was blown away with how vivid and bright it looked. I bought an LED version with the intention on putting it in my Ghostbusters but I think I might play musical ColorDMD and see which game it looks best in once they come out with all the support for all games. Bottom line I'm just saying I think the LED version is much better than people are making it seem. But than again that's just my opinion

Quoted from tjsynkral:

I think the LED version is much better. This is coming from someone who uses the LCD model in regular dots mode, I don't care for the funny smoothing modes. I have yet to colorize a TSPP and NGG but it's going to be LED or nothing, so do hurry with the ROM updates. And hurry with JP, too!

Quoted from JosephT:

Bit of a troll post but I think some people are voting pro-lcd because that is what they have in their machines (all that was available till now). There's always a little hate whenever there is a new kid on the block! I must say that the LED looked absolutely stunning at EXPO.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have the LED in my T3 and LCD in my MET Pro, the games are one game apart. After I play T3 I'll switch to MET and while MET has more detail the colors look washed out compared to T3

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

LCD vs. LED is totally your preference, just like choosing LEDs for your machine.

Quoted from BoJo:

The LED has a nice viewing angle and looks as sharp from the side as it does head on, whereas LCD gets duller as your viewing angle increases. Doesn't impact the player as much but when watching someone play the LED is nice. I never plan on using anything but dots so the LED is my preferred display but can see why others prefer the LCD as with all the customization.

Quoted from Budwin:

I have seen the ColorDMD LCDs and they do some wonderful things with the animations on a pin, but to me the physical attributes of the LCD panel does not resemble a 25 year old pinball machine part. The ColorDMD LED looks like the old part with magical colors added.
If you are not concerned about adding 'new' technologies to an old pin, then that would be a big 'don't care'.
There are of course the other reasons I like ColorDMD LEDs that have been discussed like fit, brightness, and viewing angle that add into my LED bias.
I do fully support putting modern LCD panels in newly designed pins. JJP rocks!
Just my personal view, just talking up the ColorDMD LEDs to replace gas displays.

Quoted from Baiter:

Besides the fact that the LED displays have richer colors than the LCD, the graphics were designed for a DMD, and the LED displays have the exact same dot configuration. In most cases LED is the way to go, unless you prefer one of the special rendering modes.

#4240 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Lots of LED love there. I pasted some LED quotes on the first page alone. Lots of info now and good info on both options. As epthegeek mentions LED just doesn't video well, though there is some video there, and comparison to LCD by the same videographer.

Not at all. Here's some quotes from the first page alone. I like the quote that describes the LED light option as a preference, just like having LED lights in a game. I love LED lights in games and most people do (upgraded some of my games to LED PF lighting. But not everyone is the same and there are options for all tastes, with each having their merits. The LCD is a great option with some unique strengths.
'
'
'
quotes from the LED colordmd thread, first page.

Not seeing anything mentioning a Walking Dead led v lcd comparison or any led video of Walking Dead at all. As far as I'm concerned some games look better using lcd and others look better using led.

#4241 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Not seeing anything mentioning a Walking Dead led v lcd comparison or any led video of Walking Dead at all. As far as I'm concerned some games look better using lcd and others look better using led.

So you specifically want a TWD comparison, that specificity helps. Since the LED dmd option was sold out before the TWD rom was released there is likely not going to be a video posted for a while.

Everyone has their own preferences. Personally, I like what the LED dmd offers for TWD. There are a lot of happy LCD buyers using it on TWD at this time too.

#4242 7 years ago

Any of the 4 Billion guys care to give a rough outline of their game strategy? I'd sure be interested in learning something.

#4243 7 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

Im really itching to get a color display for my TWD pro looks very cool

Just installed mine. It looks awesome.

#4244 7 years ago

Fyi, mezelmods seem to have the tower mod back in their shop.

#4245 7 years ago
Quoted from captkirk:

Any of the 4 Billion guys care to give a rough outline of their game strategy? I'd sure be interested in learning something.

Score big in modes, multiballs... --> high multikill value

For example score 100M in barn, score 100M in riot. This alone makes a multikill value worth a lot (5% or 10% of the modes total?). So if you have for example a 20M multikill and you shoot it quite a lot with multipliers, this can add up quite nicely.
20M x 3 (inlane multiplier) + double playfield = 120M a shot

And in competition mode, multikill values do not reset after Horde so this is a very important setting (you can change it as desired).

Next to that, terminus, horde and LMS count big.

But then again, you have to play it all to get to those billions

#4246 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Technically this is not true.

You can intentionally brick the shot out of the crossbow and if it goes down the return lane to trigger the X multiplier you can still shoot a successful crossbow shot off the flipper in that grace period

#4247 7 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Technically this is not true.
You can intentionally brick the shot out of the crossbow and if it goes down the return lane to trigger the X multiplier you can still shoot a successful crossbow shot off the flipper in that grace period

LOL! This seems like a bug in the code to me. As soon as you trigger a playfield switch, shouldn't it end the crossbow mode?

#4248 7 years ago

Main shots yes. Small switch hits (popbumpers, prison targets, slingshots, inlanes, etc...) not.

A disabled crossbow on a premium/le will not act as a pro, you cannot make any crossbow shots in a game with a disabled crossbow.

#4249 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Main shots yes. Small switch hits (popbumpers, prison targets, slingshots, inlanes, etc...) not

Drop targets, well walker and prison targets end crossbow mode - meaning you need to make the shot cleanly

#4250 7 years ago

Is there a rule sheet for TWDLE 1.56 ? Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 16.00
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 26.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.