IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 236.
#3001 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

TWD is a fun and intense game. Really enjoying playing it and the rules are fantastic! My problem is that I haven't figured out a good way to make 100+ kills without using a lot of balls. I am stacking modes and starting multiballs but so far unable to tame this beast.

I need a better strategy as well. I consider myself to be an above average player, and I haven't even come close to LMS yet. I think my best is around 70 kills.

#3002 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Since this is s fan club thread ... if you like the fish tank topper and think one would look good on your TWD, I have one listed in the market.
TWD is a fun and intense game. Really enjoying playing it and the rules are fantastic! My problem is that I haven't figured out a good way to make 100+ kills to start LMS without using ALOT OF BALLS. I am stacking modes and starting multiballs but so far unable to tame this beast. I'd like to be able to do this a few times on 3 ball, but ....the game definitely has that one more game appeal.

Yeah, the game is a bear.

I had my LE on 10-ball for a short while (did I really admit that?), but it didn't really advance me much into the game & most games took forever to complete.

Switched back to 3-ball & all standard settings
except for a 15-second ball save & racked a 1.9 billion game with LMS & 140 kills at the end.

Haven't come close to that "in the zone" game since.

#3003 7 years ago

You can switch the setting to have every shot score a kill. Or have 5 othe 6 score a kill with no repeating the same shot over and over. I have mine set on 4 lit at a time....I think factory is 3? I still can't get more than 44 walker kills since I updated the code. Still a kick ass game though! I though about trading/selling it recently, then I play a few games. Changed my mind pretty quickly!

#3004 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Its set to the latest code. And default settings other than that. And yeah hes grand champ.
But he didnt score over 50 million in horde that highscore is still default. He did hit a X-multi shot worth 98 million. he has that record as well.
default settings though so 3 ball game. My thought is he messed with settings (Most likely 10 ball games) Got a high score. then changed settings back.
I thought i had read somewhere that you could break down a highscores game. Something like highlights of the game. And thought i may be able to prove there was trickery somewhere in it. lol

Overwatch has a "play of the game" that shows what it determines to be the highlight of each match (usually whoever gets a bunch of kills in a short time period). Maybe have a self-recording pinball machine show that at some point.

Keeping a Blood Bath + mode + one other MB stack going for a while might explain it. I'd think Blood Bath champion or a mode champion score might reflect that.

#3005 7 years ago

I made a Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead mix (all instrumental and looped appropriately) for this and I'm not afraid to say I knocked it out of the park. Was brainstorming it and planning it for mos.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-nine-inch-nails-radiohead-mix-by-randomkg

#3006 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I made a Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead mix (all instrumental and looped appropriately) for this and I'm not afraid to say I knocked it out of the park. Was brainstorming it and planning it for mos.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-nine-inch-nails-radiohead-mix-by-randomkg

When I get back from vacation I'm going to give it a shot. Looking forward to it... thx for the effort. Awesome having different mixes for this game.

#3007 7 years ago

I must confess that, like numerous other converted TWD fans, I really didn't care for this game when it first came out. After hearing all the positive reviews over the past year though, I put in some serious time over a few months on an LE on route near me and gained a new appreciation of TWD's code and gameplay. So much so that I wanted to add one to my collection and I'm now OFFICIALLY in the club as my TWD Premium arrived a few days ago!

Added a few additional mods and did some fine tuning this past weekend - now I just need to raise my TWD skills level as this game has been kicking my ass six ways to Sunday so far!

Much thanks to Steve (HemiOrange09) at Pinball Refinery for a super game and outstanding service as always! TWD's already great lighting effects are made even more awesome on PR's games; unfortunately photos alone don't do them justice. DSC02466_(resized).JPGDSC02466_(resized).JPG

DSC02450_(resized).JPGDSC02450_(resized).JPGDSC02443_(resized).JPGDSC02443_(resized).JPG

#3008 7 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Overwatch has a "play of the game" that shows what it determines to be the highlight of each match (usually whoever gets a bunch of kills in a short time period). Maybe have a self-recording pinball machine show that at some point.
Keeping a Blood Bath + mode + one other MB stack going for a while might explain it. I'd think Blood Bath champion or a mode champion score might reflect that.

Yeah im champoin of BB And also champion of most modes. Somebody just said theres a setting where you can change every shot to kill a walker. Thats what he might have done. Because he does hold the walkers killed champion with a whopping 134. changing to 10 ball and with that setting as well. Now im starting to see how he did it. Chances of him as a extreme novice legit scoring 134 walkers is basically non existent.

#3009 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I must confess that, like numerous other converted TWD fans, I really didn't care for this game when it first came out. After hearing all the positive reviews over the past year though, I put in some serious time over a few months on an LE on route near me and gained a new appreciation of TWD's code and gameplay. So much so that I wanted to add one to my collection and I'm now OFFICIALLY in the club as my TWD Premium arrived a few days ago!
Added a few additional mods and did some fine tuning this past weekend - now I just need to raise my TWD skills level as this game has been kicking my ass six ways to Sunday so far!
Much thanks to Steve (HemiOrange09) at Pinball Refinery for a super game and outstanding service as always!

Gratz all the mods look great. Whats the little house?

#3010 7 years ago

Congrats! I love the green trim, looks really nice. Hmmm, never thought about mounting my Barn mod sidewise.
I'd like to add that "C Block and "No Sanctuary" sign to mine. Did those come from Pinball Refinery too?
Enjoy your game!

#3011 7 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Gratz all the mods look great. Whats the little house?

Hooked on Pinball's burning barn mod. It's wired so that it flickers (burns) while Barn mode is activated. A cool effect!

#3012 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Congrats! I love the green trim, looks really nice. Hmmm, never thought about mounting my Barn mod sidewise.
I'd like to add that "C Block and "No Sanctuary" sign to mine. Did those come from Pinball Refinery too?
Enjoy your game!

Thanks - I actually had Pinball Refinery install the barn mod. I may end up turning it 90 degrees so that the porch is facing the prison building.

The "C Block" decals came from Pingraffix. I also bought their sheet of blood splatter decals and added them to the ramps, flashers, and various inserts. Adds an especially nice touch to the Blood Bath insert. They also make the pants decal for the Well Walker.

The "No Sanctuary" sign came from Laseriffic.

#3013 7 years ago

Sweet looking game! Looks like your only missing mod is Prison Tower.

Love the green armor. Congrats!

#3014 7 years ago

Thanks. I'm hoping Mezel Mods comes through with more prison tower mods soon!

#3015 7 years ago

Much thanks to Steve (HemiOrange09) at Pinball Refinery for a super game and outstanding service as always! TWD's already great lighting effects are made even more awesome on PR's games; unfortunately photos alone don't do them justice.

I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to Tim (Tuna_Delight) for waiting months on these machines to arrive from Stern, so they could converted into our Pinball Refinery Edition for him. The upgrades on these machines really finishes them off and completes the look.

If anyone is interested in ordering a Refinery machine, we are still offering TWD Premiums and Metallica Pro and Premiums for the Refinery upgrades, they are in stock and available to order.

Thanks Tim for your support,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#3016 7 years ago

Thanks - I actually had Pinball Refinery install the barn mod. I may end up turning it 90 degrees so that the porch is facing the prison building.
The "C Block" decals came from Pingraffix. I also bought their sheet of blood splatter decals and added them to the ramps, flashers, and various inserts. Adds an especially nice touch to the Blood Bath insert. They also make the pants decal for the Well Walker.
The "No Sanctuary" sign came from Laseriffic.

Thanks for the reply, my opinion is to turn the barn 90 degrees. It looks better and hovers over the insert shot nicely.
I'll look into getting both of those mods for sure. One last question, who makes the Railroad sign? Just noticed that and must have Hope you get a prison mod, it's a must or sure, along with the Bicycle Girl light.

#3017 7 years ago

After you finish a mode should the Dead Features re-light after completing another bank of (unlit) drop targets ?

At the moment mine doesn't. I complete one bank (let's say Weapons). I play a mode. Mode finishes. I then complete another bank of drops (let's say Food) and Dead Features doesn't relight. I believe I have to complete the third bank (First Aid) to re-light Dead Features.

#3018 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

After you finish a mode should the Dead Features re-light after completing another bank of (unlit) drop targets ?
At the moment mine doesn't. I complete one bank (let's say Weapons). I play a mode. Mode finishes. I then complete another bank of drops (let's say Food) and Dead Features doesn't relight. I believe I have to complete the third bank (First Aid) to re-light Dead Features.

After playing a mode, to relight the modes you have to complete two banks. Doesn't matter what supply item you are doing. Just needs to be two completed banks.

#3019 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks for the reply, my opinion is to turn the barn 90 degrees. It looks better and hovers over the insert shot nicely.
One last question, who makes the Railroad sign? Just noticed that and must have.

ULEKstore (and Mezel Mods) carries that. There is a certain overlap on TWD sign products available from various online sources - just be aware when ordering them that certain ones (such as the Prison Hitchhiker sign) may come with or without lights depending on the seller.

#3020 7 years ago

Thanks. I'm hoping Mezel Mods comes through with more prison tower mods soon!

I've been waiting 8 mos.

#3021 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I've been waiting 8 mos.

As soon as you see that the prison tower mod is available you need to order right away. The last group of prison tower mods sold out in less than 1 day so it seems to be in pretty high demand.

Gord

#3022 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

After playing a mode, to relight the modes you have to complete two banks. Doesn't matter what supply item you are doing. Just needs to be two completed banks.

Thanks.

#3023 7 years ago

This game is just so awesome. It is probably my favorite game I have right now. Mine is pretty stock besides blades, topper. I have shaker I need to install. Any other must have mods? Thanks, Mike

#3024 7 years ago

Def install the shaker and check out RandomKG's sound mix..

#3025 7 years ago

LMS strategy.
Get a multikill going and focus on making lit crosshair shots, if possible combined with the multikill insert (yellow). Then they count double.
You need quite some multiballs and then focus (more) on the walker kill shots than you normally do. Also get to 60 multikills for your second extra ball, and if possible focus on the lit towers (at the 10th you earn another extra ball).

I play mine on 3 balls, hard multikill settings and got to 114... (at 110 the wife walked in and asked me some questions.. i was like sstt ssttt don't don't.., but too late)

#3026 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I've been waiting 8 mos.

Look at the full distributor list and make some calls... You might just find that someone has zeroed stock online but they still have one. I got lucky a few weeks ago...

#3027 7 years ago

I'm not sure I understand how the multikill works.
When you get the yellow insert lit are you awarded a weapon if you shoot it and are you then awarded another weapon for the next lit shot ?
Because mine doesn't award them that easily.

#3028 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I'm not sure I understand how the multikill works.
When you get the yellow insert lit are you awarded a weapon if you shoot it and are you then awarded another weapon for the next lit shot ?
Because mine doesn't award them that easily.

When you start a multikill, one of the weapon lights will start flashing. To start a multikill, there are numerous ways. Doing well in any mode (and I believe some modes if you do really well you can start a second MK), MB, etc.

You can start multiple multikills in one ball. The yellow roving shot is just to signify that you have a multikill bonus on that shot, and if there is a crosshairs lit there, you get a double kill towards LMS.

For each multikill you start in the same ball, a weapon will start flashing. When your ball ends, those weapons light solid. Collect six weapons to light horde at WB.

#3029 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

LMS strategy.
Get a multikill going and focus on making lit crosshair shots, if possible combined with the multikill insert (yellow). Then they count double.
You need quite some multiballs and then focus (more) on the walker kill shots than you normally do. Also get to 60 multikills for your second extra ball, and if possible focus on the lit towers (at the 10th you earn another extra ball).
I play mine on 3 balls, hard multikill settings and got to 114... (at 110 the wife walked in and asked me some questions.. i was like sstt ssttt don't don't.., but too late)

Easier said than done, it takes extraordinary accuracy, control and a bit of slingshot/magnet luck to have a truly great game. I believe last man standing will be a little more achievable after the next and potentially final update. Do kills during horde count ? is it possible to get more than just double kills? it should be imo. 115 is stiflingly high for the avg player.

look what Lyman just did with MET- made it just a tad easier to collect items and score points and crank it ups.

#3030 7 years ago

I asked Lyman a few weeks ago about the update. He says it's has the MET glitch that will be fixed and created an end to Horde. A few bug fixes and it pretty much complete. He's an LE owner.

I don't have a Metallica so I'm not quite sure what he was talking about. I just ran with it lol. ?

#3031 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I believe last man standing will be a little more achievable after the next and potentially final update. Do kills during horde count ?

That's the rule change at top of my list. Lyman please add Horde kills to totals. This approach ties the mode together with the game, while making LMS achievable. please, please, please.

#3032 7 years ago

It's good to be back after a little bit of a hiatus on TWD!

It's the best pinball machine in my mind and its not even close. 2nd game back, didn't defeat LMS this time but beat Siege for the first time.

Thanks Lyman and Borg, pure awesomeness. And it's great to hear Lyman is fixing code to be able to end Horde. Hopefully its also more difficult and easier to get bit.

I love Siege and that tank mowing down all those walkers upon beating it.

IMG_5584_(resized).JPGIMG_5584_(resized).JPG

#3033 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's good to be back after a little bit of a hiatus on TWD!
It's the best pinball machine in my mind and its not even close. 2nd game back, didn't defeat LMS this time but beat Siege for the first time.
Thanks Lyman and Borg, pure awesomeness. And it's great to hear Lyman is fixing code to be able to end Horde. Hopefully its also more difficult and easier to get bit.
I love Siege and that tank mowing down all those walkers upon beating it.

Tell the truth... your playfield is at like 3-degrees. Right? (It's okay to lie to make us all feel good)

#3034 7 years ago

Hey, random question for you guys who have the Laseriffic topper. How did you secure it to the top of the machine?

#3035 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Tell the truth... your playfield is at like 3-degrees. Right? (It's okay to lie to make us all feel good)

I literally played this pin for over a year straight when i first got it to the exclusion of everything else. It took me a LONG time to master it!

I really suck by comparison on every other pin I own or play.

I also got masterful on multiball scoring and stacking with this pin, I suck on everything else.

Now I haven't waxed this thing in quite a while so the outlane drains have calmed down a ton since day one. Having a very subtle nudging feel on this game is big too. After playing it enough, like a golf course, you know where the ball is going off of any shot!

#3036 7 years ago

My outlanes both feel like they are slanted (almost like the playfied is warped)... the geometry of the game gets some wicked spin on the ball. Does yours have that feel?

#3037 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

My outlanes both feel like they are slanted (almost like the playfied is warped)... the geometry of the game gets some wicked spin on the ball. Does yours have that feel?

Yeah it does! Subtle nudges and having a feel there helps a lot.

The "no chance" sling drains have diminished for the most part and once I got it set up to where the drains out of the pops are non existent is just plays awesome!

I usually stay away from Well Walker unless its to bank into Riot or the drops. Once you get command of Woodbury, the right ramp and Riot/Tower shot you are on the way.

That Tower MB is somewhat important and you have to hit those stab posts to light that shot, the right one can be a bitch.

And I'm always mindful of having Blood Bath ready, stacking that with Barn and Prison is my favorite go to. You can rack up big points on those easy Barn mode MB shots.

The more you play the better you get, like any pin. You just have to want to play it like i did. This isn't a recreational walk in the park pin, where you can hope to casually hit and beat LMS, Siege, and Terminus, unless of course you are Elwin. I had to play the F out of it!

#3038 7 years ago

I like that about TWD... It makes you think!

I've only popped off a score in the 400-million range a few times... So, lots of work to do. Have been getting better with nudges, too. What an awesome game!

#3039 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I like that about TWD... It makes you think!
I've only popped off a score in the 400-million range a few times... So, lots of work to do. Have been getting better with nudges, too. What an awesome game!

Keep playing it, the timing will click eventually, like i said, it took me a LONG time. It's a pin that also punishes brick shots.

The greatest thing about this pin is the journey!

#3040 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I have felt the same myself. seems like even though the center level, the right side is still "unlevel" and leaning to the right.

#3041 7 years ago

Pretty awesome... Makes the game feel so brutal!

#3042 7 years ago

I have to agree with the above requests to Lyman: PLEASE make the Horde kills to the Walker kill count. It will tie the modes together and make Last Man Standing almost doable for us mere mortals. This would make the game perfect in my humble opinion.

#3043 7 years ago

Will they be making a color Dmd for this game? Will it look sweet?

#3044 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Will they be making a color Dmd for this game? Will it look sweet?

yes and yes

#3045 7 years ago

Once Color DMD does this game, I will be buying 4 Color DMDs. I have one on my TSPP and love it. 3 of my other 4 games have color dmd out. I'm holding out on TWD being done and then I'm just going to do them all at once. That's going to be a pricey day...

#3046 7 years ago

I've been saying horde kills should count towards LMS forever now! Another not as significant kill should be when you hit both roll overs a lane skill shot. You blow the zombies head off right??!! Should be a kill.

#3047 7 years ago

Prison tower cache found (thanks to 27dnast)!

http://cointaker.com/products/walking-dead-prison

Quantities extremely limited!!! Get one while you can!

#3048 7 years ago

2 prison towers left

tick tock

#3049 7 years ago

It won't open for me. says page not found...

#3050 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

It won't open for me. says page not found...

Sorry - dealing with cell phone limitations (argh).
Go to Coin Taker's website and plug "tower" into their search. This doesn't show up under their TWD products.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.