Topic Stats

• 8,271 posts
  • 556 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by YeOldPinPlayer
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,404 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg
07FB0307-F475-4C6D-A222-92FFA102C92A (resized).jpeg
IMG_6831 (resized).JPG
IMG_6832 (resized).JPG
IMG_6829 (resized).JPG
IMG20190805123003 (resized).jpg
shot1.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (3 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Man, you guys are making it hard for me to feel good about going Pro on this one if I do.

The Pro is awesome and just as much fun as the LE! I've played them both and the extras aren't worth the money. Put the extra 2k towards another machine.

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Congrats! I'm thinking of buying a premium but only if I sell my TZ to help fund it. While I enjoy TZ a lot I tend to prefer games that have modes where you are required to hit a number of shots on the playfield and are more objective based. It sounds like TWD has that style of ruleset.

But TZ has more toys

1 year later
#3900 2 years ago

I'm a new member to the club! I picked up an LE last weekend and absolutely love it! All of my experience prior to this has been with the Pro (I've put a few hundred plays on a local route game) but the LE really takes it to another level! Especially with an upgraded sound package. I'm using RandomKGs NIN/Radiohead mix which is awesome! I really think my favorite LE feature is the lightshow. It really is impressive and immerses you in the game. I've made it to Horde mode twice since getting the game and it really makes your heart race!

My game is all stock with the Stern left ramp fix but I ordered a shaker and should have it later this week. Any other recommended mods besides just cosmetic ones? Also, does anyone have any pointers on using the Crossbow? I suck at it and it is almost too risky to use as I've gotten quite a few insta-drains from it. I've thought about disabling it all-together but figured I'd just keep practicing to see if I get better.

TWD (resized).jpg

#3903 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Congrats. I thought LEs came with shakers??

I don't think any of Borg's games come with shakers from the factory. At least they are easy and inexpensive to add.

#3923 2 years ago

If I wanted to move a colorDMD from one of my WPC games to TWD. besides the Stern cable what would I need? I see they also sell a Pinbits clear shield with standoffs. Is that also required and is there anything else needed to mount it? Thanks!

#3935 2 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I only bring up the RZ post because its pretty funny seeing how un family friendly RZ was, but TWD is all good.

I didn't know I had a stalker, but yeah I learned my lesson after Strange Science that I need to make sure that any game I purchase doesn't scare my kids or else I'd be forced to sell. On TWD I brought my son to play the local TWD Premium and Pro on route on numerous occasions and made sure he wasn't scared and asked him if he was OK with me buying one before putting it on my list of acceptable games. With RZ I didn't have that luxury.... It would have sucked to have waited 1.5 years for a game only to be forced to sell after unboxing it. I don't know if he would have been OK with it or not? Anything can pretty much scare a 3 year old including evil looking monkeys.... Now I just have to worry about my daughter in another year or so.

#3946 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

By any chance does anyone know if the current code is final or are we do for 1 more tweak and adjustment update? Not sure if I recall 100% but thought there was something mentioned about another TWD update to follow but that was 1.5 years ago now.

There's supposed to be one more update, although code is basically perfect right now. Not even sure what it really needs? Maybe tweak the Woodbury shot so that its less easy but more lucrative?

#3994 2 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Lucky!
Anyone have their magnets both stop working? If so what was the fix?

Fuse?

2 weeks later
#4089 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

hi,
just a question about playfield.
LE and premium are the same playfield or any difference like sign?
thanks

They are the same except that the LE playfield are signed by Borg..

#4123 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Question about the Color DMD. Do you only need the "Add Shield/Standoffs for metal speaker panels" for the newer style backbox??? So all TWD Color DMDs would need this, correct?

Yeah you need the kit. I'd also recommend grabbing some black foam weatherstripping to install on the sides of the DMD panel to help block some of the light that filters in from the backbox. With the way these install in the new speaker panels they are set back a ways and the foam gives it a more finished look and blocks light from coming in.

#4156 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ill believe it when I see it. Got a video? Just don't see how a ramp that has a flap in it can be as smooth as one that is one piece.
Found it. Yeah my ramp doesn't move or anything and is smooth as can be. It's just not like the pro. Pro feels better. Also agree that hitting the bicycle girl head is very unsatisfying. But small price to pay for the better overall game.

I just added T7s ramp flap extension and it works great! My left ramp is now nearly as smooth as the Pro and I am completely satisfied with my left ramp now. I made adjustments before to add the shorter post and level it up which helped but it still was a nuisance until I added the extension. It's too bad Stern didn't design the ramp flap an extra 1/2 inch from the factory as it would have made it a moot issue. Adding Gneissels Bicycle Girl light helped make the BG shot more satisfying as well since you can now see what you're bashing. That should have been there from the factory.

Now that my left ramp works perfectly and my crossbow functions 100% (it was flaky when I got it) there really is no weak spot on the LE/Premium. I've played 100s of games on the Pro and a well adjusted Premium beats it in every way. Pro is still excellent but Walker bombs and all the extra features on the Pre adds more strategy and takes the game to another level.

3 weeks later
#4323 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I have a Premium arriving next week. What are the top 3 mods I need?

ColorDMD
Gnassel bicycle girl mod
Shaker

I'd also recommend Cleland/RandomKG Radiohead/NIN sound package (free and excellent!) and extended ramp flap (medium).

1 week later
#4374 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Found a brand new set of walking dead pinblades tucked away im my closet.... if anyone is looking for a set ill sell them for 50.00. I believe they are usually 75.00-80.00....

PM sent!

1 month later
#4507 2 years ago
Quoted from toeskneez:

Ok, so this is out there to all TWD owners with a color DMD installed. I love my TWD, and love it even more with the color DMD in it. But I am wondering if there is something wrong with the DMD or the behaviour it is exhibiting is normal. I have attached pics and hope they show what is going on.
On certain shots the DMD appears to show weird colors throughout the display, as seen in the pics. You can see the grey writing has all sorts of colors through it. I dont know if this is normal or not and was hoping others with color DMD's could have a look at theirs for comparison and let me know thanks.
It usually happens on a walker ramp shot, but today I also noticed in on well walker as well. Its almost like the pic is confused as to what colors it needs to display. I haven't been quick enough to get the entire pic, but will try so you can all see the entire effect.

Definitely not normal! I would try to re-flash the software and try it again. If that doesn't work I'd contact support.

2 months later
#4800 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Disable the magnet? I know it sucks disabling a main feature in a pin, but sometimes it needs to be done. I had an X-Men and Wolverine would drop the ball SDTM every time so I disabled the magnet. No more SDTM drops.

I'd loosen up the tilt a little before disabling the magnet. A good nudge will save a SDTM drop.

2 months later
#5222 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The biggest game play difference is Walker bombs. They can add a ball during multi-ball.
I also think the fish tank head on the LE/Premium playfield is great. The topper is cool but not $400 cool.

Walker bombs and the left spinner are the 2 biggest reasons to own an LE/Premium. That left spinner is essential during Well Walker MB and is really fun to rip! Walker bombs add extra levels of strategy to the way you play the game. The other LE features are cool but not essential to gameplay.

4 weeks later
#5320 1 year ago

Alright, I'm an idiot! The past 4-5 months I've been really struggling with having good games and have only made Horde a couple times. Just realized that I've had my extra balls turned off since hosting league night back in June. -Doh!

2 weeks later
#5381 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can anyone who brought an LE confirm for me did TWDLE’s come with Sterns metal/plastic cabinet leg protectors out of the box?

They did. Pretty sure they are plastic.

2 weeks later
#5498 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I just installed Gnassel's BG light in my premium a few weeks ago and agree 100% that it completely changes the effects on that mode... should have been factory.
I keep trying to pull the trigger on purchasing the yoyokopter crossbow, but can't bring myself to do it. Actually, the crossbow is one of the only features of the premium that I have realized I could have lived without if I had gotten the Pro. And to top it off, this last week, my crossbow has been holding the ball and not loading/deploying properly or firing properly. I'll have to check some switches I suppose... anyone else run into this?
But still happy with my decision to go with the premium for sure.

My crossbow did that when I first got the game and it was a matter of adjusting the two switches on the Crossbow. Took a bit of trial and error to get it to work just right but it hasn't given me an issue since. Back when it didn't work I'd get super frustrated but now I've grown to really like the crossbow! Way more satisfying than just shooting the shot with the flippers.

4 months later
#6164 1 year ago

I've owned Stern games in the past that had ribbing like that. It's under the clear coat and still feels smooth to the touch. It's really only noticable from certain angles. It doesn't effect game play or insert integrity so I wouldn't worry about it and enjoy your game. TWD is an awesome game! Congrats!

2 months later
#6639 1 year ago
Quoted from jorant:

I may get a biased answer here, but as I await my iron maiden pro to come into stock, I have the option to get a walking dead premium (for more money of course). What do you guys think is the better game? Honestly.

I have both games (TWDLE and IMDN Pro) and that's a really tough question as they are my 2 favorite games of all time. Out of the box I think IMDN is the better game. Artwork is better, better callouts, better layout, etc. TWD you need to mod the left ramp to make it smooth, you have to also install an aftermarket sound package to get better callouts and music (I like RandomKG's NIN/Radiohead mix with the Cleland callouts), you also need a colorDMD to really get the most out of the display. I think TWD has a slight edge on software but IMDN is no slouch. It just seems like there is a bit more depth to TWD and there are more toys on the playfield.-it's also a Premium vs. a Pro. The smart thing may be to get the TWD now since they aren't being made and may be harder to find vs. IMDN which will likely be running for years' to come. Overall I still think I like IMDN Pro a slight bit more but that could also be because of the honeymoon phase. I guess I'll know for sure in another 6 months to a year.

If the question were IMDN Premium vs. TWD Premium I'd lean towards TWD just because it's a better value. Pro is where the value is at on IMDN as I don't really like the features (or maintenance and hassle) that the Premium adds.

3 months later
#6989 11 months ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

hello friends I need help, someone has the file or save where can I buy the vinyl of the head? buy the machine with this flaw and I would like to fix it, it is on both sides, it is my favorite machine ... thanks!
[quoted image]

Contact any Stern distributor and you should be able to purchase new backbox decals. I ordered a new head decal for my TWDLE from JJ at GameExchange in Colorado.

#7005 11 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

Still debating as to which version is the better purchase. Pro or premium. I've not played either and this game looks just super duper awesome. I've had people swear up one side and down the other that the premium is better, while others say the pro is better.
Clearly the premium has better lights and Walker bombs. But beyond that I dont know that I care about the other features? I hear the left ramp sucks?

I've got a TWDLE. The left ramp can be tweaked to make pretty smooth if you get different spacers and add the extended ramp flap. I still prefer the Pro ramp but the overall the TWDLE model just has a lot more features. I would really miss the Walker bombs (adds extra strategy) and the spinners.-Ripping the spinner for switch hits in Well walker mb just feels great. The color changing inserts and red GI are also a nice thing to have. The crossbow is actually a pretty cool toy that I'd miss. The well walker magnet adds a little to the game as well but I wouldn't really miss it if it was gone. The Bicycle girl toy changes the layout and gives you a backhand shot. The fishtank at the back of the playfield on the LE is a nice cosmetic mod but a similar one can be added to the Pro.

I do enjoy the Pro and would be happy owning one if I couldn't afford or didn't want to spend the extra money to get a Premium or LE. I think they are all fun!

#7008 11 months ago
Quoted from DNO:

That would be me! One of a kind still afaik. When's the last time anyone made 10 ramps in a row on a LE/prem.?[quoted image]

Nice mod! Did you have to modify your Bicycle girl to make it fit?-I always thought the Pro ramp was less steep? I'm guessing that you can still use the lighted mod to work and run it off the first ramp switch?

Where's the best and cheapest place to order a "Pro" ramp?

thanks for sharing!

2 months later
#7324 9 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

That’s surprising to hear. I haven’t played the pro enough to know. But it seems like drains from walker magnet and bicycle girl bash toy would even out the benefit of walker bombs.
Is there something else that makes the pro harder?

No. The Premium/LE is definitely drainier (the crossbow and steeper ramp also make it more of a challenge). but the Walker bombs help make up for it.

I have an LE at home but play Pros quite often as the game is really popular here on route and in some ways the Pro is more enjoyable because it isn't as brutal or drainy to play. If the Pro had a left spinner and Walker bombs I'd probably even prefer it.

4 months later
#7782 4 months ago
Quoted from pipes:

Haha, thanks. Two and a half years of hard work and dedication right there.

Thanks guys! I had no idea this feature existed. It’s incredibly annoying so I will absolutely change it. Is this just a Stern thing?

You may want to check that your running the latest code if it's been 2.5 years. Should be version 1.6

3 weeks later
#7826 4 months ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I think the main way people use walker bombs is to get Well Walker one hit away from multiball, then ignore the well walker and progress other areas of the game. When they drain the use the bomb to start well walker multiball. Almost like a ball save that lasts the entire ball.

That's correct but it also applies to Prison Multiball as well and can also help you extend Horde mode by using Horde bombs. It adds an extra layer of strategy and they can work like a ball save if you get them set-up just right.

1 month later
#7937 81 days ago
Quoted from zrbrt:

But seriously has anyone tried switching to warm white GI?

I switched all my cool whites to warm white GI in my LE and it's a huge improvement!

#7991 75 days ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

First time doing a full bulb swap like this. Fortunately, I have only done a few so far.....slings and ball guides...the stuff that was easily replaceable by removing a single plastic.....but yeah, i'm such a NOOB that I probably WOULD HAVE tried to pull everything off the top side. Thanks for the tip. That makes a WHOOOOLE lot more sense!!

And make sure you do this with the games power off. Don't use nut drivers or other tools with the power on. Just turn it on to check periodically.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 8.95
Machine - For Sale
Charlton, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside