IMG_0765 (resized).JPG
Godzilla (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231130_201100877 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_180754164 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 296 of 549.
#14751 1 year ago
Quoted from Bangback:

Here is one more picture of the Skill Shot MRS installed, from a players perspective. I’m about 5’ 9” and this is what it looks like playing the game:
[quoted image]
I have clear view of the insert underneath, in case people were wondering.

These are exactly what this game needed, so many cheated out on skill shots.

#14752 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That could have been it - did get rampage…can’t remember if it was running at that time - maybe there was a shot to complete it?

You have to survive the whole mode. It’s very long. And no shots during that work you towards anything else in the game.

Starts on the left ramp and goes around all the major shots on the playfield. They are all on a 10-15 second timer. Very hard to survive to the end of that mode.

#14753 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You have to survive the whole mode. It’s very long. And no shots during that work you towards anything else in the game.
Starts on the left ramp and goes around all the major shots on the playfield. They are all on a 10-15 second timer. Very hard to survive to the end of that mode.

Just cradle and ignore it until its over..

#14754 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

These are exactly what this game needed, so many cheated out on skill shots.

Yes! I felt the same way!

The magnetic reed switches seem to be providing solutions for many other games as well, where a mechanical switch doesn't provide enough coverage in wide lanes. I am glad there are options to get around those limitations!

#14755 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Custom made topper? It's probably my favorite I have seen for this game, and I'm not a topper person. It looks like it belongs with the game. Also, are those the Mezelmods flipper toppers?
Thx...

Yes, custom made and the quality is crazy good (even the packaging is impressive). Limited run (25?) and only sold via word of mouth afaik.

Screenshot 2022-09-12 100639 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-09-12 100639 (resized).png
#14756 1 year ago
Quoted from Bangback:

They are for 2 separate issues. One is for the entrance to the skill shot on the left side of the playfield. The other is for the pop bumper area on the right side. Both are magnetic reed switches but help with different issues.

Coincidentally I took so long to write up that review/installation guide that I didn't notice someone posted another review on a magnetic reed switch for the skillshot to the left of the playfield. I knew this device was coming in the future and hilariously laughed when it showed up on my feed after I posted my review.

#14757 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Coincidentally I took so long to write up that review/installation guide that I didn't notice someone posted another review on a magnetic reed switch for the skillshot to the left of the playfield. I knew this device was coming in the future and hilariously laughed when it showed up on my feed after I posted my review.

Lol. I have the MRS on the right side as well, and it helps. When I played GZ Premium at TPF earlier this year, the ball kept getting stuck on the lower mechanical switch below the pop bumper. I knew this would solve that problem. Though, it hasn't happened to me on other games at other locations, so perhaps some are more problematic than others?

#14758 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If my memory is correct I think the 1 exception to this is the UFO, I think you can still destroy UFOs to progress towards extra balls/Saucer MB. I think you might also be able to collect Maser Cannon awards.

Next time I get rampage I will confirm UFO.

#14759 1 year ago

Just ordered two MRS. Hoping this takes care of my regular missing out on skill shot, impostor, and 2x saucer awards.

#14760 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Just cradle and ignore it until its over..

not possible, because the timer is stopped if you cradle

i sometimes do right ramps to get the timer running out

#14761 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

If my memory is correct I think the 1 exception to this is the UFO, I think you can still destroy UFOs to progress towards extra balls/Saucer MB. I think you might also be able to collect Maser Cannon awards.
Next time I get rampage I will confirm UFO.

If this is true would be a great time to start bashing that UFO to get to Extra ball if you don’t have it yet and get Saucer MB ready. No way I can hit 12 shots in rampage for that extra ball lol

#14762 1 year ago

How do you use your ball-save time? Especially with one of the tougher skill shots, you can get a pretty gracious ball save?

I usually use it to hit the saucer a few times to work toward the extra ball there. Any better approaches?

#14763 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

If this is true would be a great time to start bashing that UFO to get to Extra ball if you don’t have it yet and get Saucer MB ready. No way I can hit 12 shots in rampage for that extra ball lol

Confirmed, just played a game, got to Rampage and destroyed a saucer during rampage.

#14764 1 year ago

Thinking about joining the club…

I’m seeing some good deals on Pro’s. Premiums are going for a hefty price. Are you Pro owners (Prowners?) happy with your purchase? I know the differences but wanted to hear from the horses mouth if they regret it and wish they had bought a Premium or if they feel it’s an all time great even at the Pro level. Thanks

#14765 1 year ago
Quoted from greeneye:

I’m seeing some good deals on Pro’s. Premiums are going for a hefty price. Are you Pro owners (Prowners?) happy with your purchase? I know the differences but wanted to hear from the horses mouth if they regret it and wish they had bought a Premium or if they feel it’s an all time great even at the Pro level. Thanks

Got a pro, it's a fantastic game. You don't got a bunch of mechs moving around on the board, but it's a super solid game. You can always get cheap plastic toys to upgrade the interior looks as well that look better than the ones in the Premium really.

#14766 1 year ago
Quoted from greeneye:

They are both tons of fun. Rules are mostly the same with a few tweaks on the premium (train loops, mecha-godzilla being a couple). Pro I would say plays a bit faster since it doesn't have as many pauses from the building mech or the mecha turning ramp.

#14767 1 year ago
Quoted from greeneye:Thinking about joining the club…

No regrets!
Pro is fun and fast!

#14768 1 year ago

I have had a Pro since December - Love it- Did Diddys mods for the train bridge and a few others- with that being said I have not played a Premium which may be a good thing for me- But I love my Pro- did a shaker motor, invisiglass as well- I am over 2000 plays, I have had no issues at all- only replace coil sleeves every 500 plays-

#14769 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

They are both tons of fun. Rules are mostly the same with a few tweaks on the premium (train loops, mecha-godzilla being a couple). Pro I would say plays a bit faster since it doesn't have as many pauses from the building mech or the mecha turning ramp.

I don't find the premium much slower TBH, with maybe the exception of when the multiball starts (and honestly, I don't activate that MB that often). Everything else tends to activate or move in the flow of the game. The mechagodzilla grabbing the ball does pause it, but that's pretty unique and I live with that.

For the flow, I love the Premium for how the building changes the game, and your strategies.

#14770 1 year ago
Quoted from greeneye:

I haven't regretted buying a Pro for a second. I tend to gravitate towards Stern Pro games anyway, so take that with a grain of salt. The game is slightly kicking my butt right now. I find it challenging and fun. I've had the game for 3 months, and I like it more and more.

Now here is my strange comment to put in the owners thread. I love the game, but it is my second favorite Stern right now. And that is because I have a tough time getting farther in the game. Some days just defeating one monster is tough for me. I could set it up easier to change that, but I like my games set up a little rough. So when I'm done with GZ, I'll toss a couple of games at Deadpool. DP is just fun, whereas every time I play GZ, I'm thinking. Still a great game and very glad I own it.

#14771 1 year ago

Officially in the club!!!! I’ve had my premium on order since January with no delivery in site per the distributor.

My friend had an LE since new, but needed to make room for his upcoming 007 LE so sold me his! Wow. What a beautiful pin. I loved the game play the first time I tried it, now that I own it, it’s never leaving!

9B008ECB-DDB6-4F79-B375-9F75AB408170 (resized).jpeg9B008ECB-DDB6-4F79-B375-9F75AB408170 (resized).jpeg
#14772 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Officially in the club!!!! I’ve had my premium on order since January with no delivery in site per the distributor.
My friend had an LE since new, but needed to make room for his upcoming 007 LE so sold me his! Wow. What a beautiful pin. I loved the game play the first time I tried it, now that I own it, it’s never leaving!
[quoted image]

His loss, your gain. Bond looks promising but getting rid of GZ LE? I raise my eyebrow to that.

#14773 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

[quoted image]

Awesome man!! Im glad you got one.

-Josh

#14774 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Awesome man!! Im glad you got one.
-Josh

Thank you! Been waiting for my order of this game patiently, but I will take this rare opportunity for sure! Love the foil decals on this game. Very cool. Just wish I could have the game in the open so you could walk around it and admire the shine.

#14775 1 year ago
Quoted from greeneye:

There are 2 major mechs in the Premium not see in the Pro - the building that moves up and down for Godzilla multiball, and the Mechagodzilla turning platform thing with the spinner on it. I played the Premium for several hours at TPF and really really enjoyed the game. Then I played a Pro for 1or 2 games right as I was leaving, and I found I didn't really notice the difference too drastically. Eventually when it came time to buy one, I just couldn't make myself pay the difference. Those 2 features do change gameplay, but I can't say I mind in the slightest. For some games like Iron Maiden, I knew I had to get a Premium - this one, with all the mods available - I was happy to stick with the Pro.

#14776 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There are 2 major mechs in the Premium not see in the Pro - the building that moves up and down for Godzilla multiball, and the Mechagodzilla turning platform thing with the spinner on it. I played the Premium for several hours at TPF and really really enjoyed the game. Then I played a Pro for 1or 2 games right as I was leaving, and I found I didn't really notice the difference too drastically. Eventually when it came time to buy one, I just couldn't make myself pay the difference. Those 2 features do change gameplay, but I can't say I mind in the slightest. For some games like Iron Maiden, I knew I had to get a Premium - this one, with all the mods available - I was happy to stick with the Pro.

Yea the two main moving mechs in the Premium are neat, but don't feel essential. Unlike some other Sterns where there feels like huge parts of the game are missing, Pro Godzilla is solid and feels like a complete package already. The game is so rich in rules that you won't notice a missing moving bit

#14777 1 year ago
Quoted from Bangback:

Here is one more picture of the Skill Shot MRS installed, from a players perspective. I’m about 5’ 9” and this is what it looks like playing the game:
[quoted image]
I have clear view of the insert underneath, in case people were wondering.

It's a bit unfortunate that it's black. As very few other things in this machine are black. Would be great if you could also tell us the price in the thread so that not everyone has to PM you.

#14778 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Don't forget the collapsible bridge. it doesn't have a huge impact on gameplay, but from a "cool toys" perspective it is pretty cool.

Are there other games with 3 major mechs between pro and premium? Kind of thought the pro/prem gap was bigger in GZ than most games

#14779 1 year ago

The only thing that makes a big difference is the mechagodzilla mech, having it turn towards you makes the targets way easier to hit.
This is a pretty easy game overall though so its not that big of a deal.
That said, if a pro didn't kind of fall in my lap I'd have bought a premium.

#14780 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Don't forget the collapsible bridge. it doesn't have a huge impact on gameplay, but from a "cool toys" perspective it is pretty cool.
Are there other games with 3 major mechs between pro and premium? Kind of thought the pro/prem gap was bigger in GZ than most games

I think the bridge is super cool when it collapses and snaps back and forth, not to mention when you throw a ball on it and it falls to the playfield it really sells the mode that it's a bridge collapsing multiball. The fact that you can mod the bridge, and just give it a bit more realistic touch really makes this toy a nice thing to have. Everything is all subjective. I always say there are different prices for all kinds of people. Same reason why Honda invented Acura and sells those cars at a premium.

I bought a premium because to me the price difference wasn't much more and I wanted all the bells and whistles.. at the same time I would never buy an LE as that's just not for me. I find the best value at premium for me.

#14781 1 year ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

The only thing that makes a big difference is the mechagodzilla mech, having it turn towards you makes the targets way easier to hit.
This is a pretty easy game overall though so its not that big of a deal.
That said, if a pro didn't kind of fall in my lap I'd have bought a premium.

I'd say the building is just as important or even more so in the prem/le. Like the mecha-gz mech, it's movement changes the dynamics a bit...a right ramp shot returns the ball to the right flipper when building fully raised but will send it to the left flipper when the building has collapsed. That can be used advantageously during certain modes like Gigan battle or super train.

#14782 1 year ago

When the premium building is ready to lock and is partly down, is the inner loop (wallop?) blocked? I always get a reject from that. But it feels like an inelegant situation.

#14783 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Yes! I forgot the bridge. Amazing there are these 3 fairly major mechs and the game is still so great both with or without them

#14784 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

When the premium building is ready to lock and is partly down, is the inner loop (wallop?) blocked? I always get a reject from that. But it feels like an inelegant situation.

Yeah it's blocked.

#14785 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Yeah it's blocked.

weird! And interesting that it doesn’t get stuck

#14786 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

LE owners - anyone right wireform not return the ball as smooth as the left? My left wireform the ball drops into the inlane so smooth. The right is fine but it's just not as smooth. Originally the ball sometimes would bounce back but I loosened the nut holding the wireform and it helped for sure. Still not as ultra smooth as left though. Do you guys have a similar experience? If not, any tips to make that drop into the right inlane smoother (no rattle at all)? It's not a problem but just curious.

I'm experiencing the same issue on my premium. Does anyone have a fix. I noticed that the issue completely goes away if I loosen the nut securing the ramp to the right sling. This works perfectly for a while until play continues to loosen that nut and then the ramp migrates over to the sling and then the ball will get held up on the sling upon exit.

I have also been playing with the position of the ramp return (since it is slightly adjustable), but once the nut is properly tightened, regardless of positioning, the bounce backs happen once again. I have played around with adding some washers to slightly change the upwards/downwards angle of the return but that hasn't really helped either.

Who has got a sustainable fix?

#14787 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

It's a bit unfortunate that it's black. As very few other things in this machine are black. Would be great if you could also tell us the price in the thread so that not everyone has to PM you.

I’ve been told it can be easily painted to match what color you’d like. The black does seem to go with the Stumblor Tokyo Neon Sign mod though.

I purposely did not post a price as I’m only a tester, and the price wasn’t finalized yet when I posted. Please contact Sonic for pricing and availability at M&M Creations. Each one of these are made by hand and does take a certain amount of labor to produce.

#14788 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm experiencing the same issue on my premium. Does anyone have a fix. I noticed that the issue completely goes away if I loosen the nut securing the ramp to the right sling. This works perfectly for a while until play continues to loosen that nut and then the ramp migrates over to the sling and then the ball will get held up on the sling upon exit.
I have also been playing with the position of the ramp return (since it is slightly adjustable), but once the nut is properly tightened, regardless of positioning, the bounce backs happen once again. I have played around with adding some washers to slightly change the upwards/downwards angle of the return but that hasn't really helped either.
Who has got a sustainable fix?

I would try stacking washers or bending - playing with the angle - the arm that secures the wire to the sling post. Be very careful if bending the arm.

#14789 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

[quoted image]

Nice lineup!! Damn!! I would love a CCr.

Ever since I got my GZ every dinosaur is Godzilla now according to my daughter.

#14790 1 year ago

Anyone know where pinball-mods.com ships from? Just curious because I might order the clear pop bumper parts for the UFO and am just wondering how long it would take to get here. I couldn't find anything on their site.

#14791 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Anyone know where pinball-mods.com ships from? Just curious because I might order the clear pop bumper parts for the UFO and am just wondering how long it would take to get here. I couldn't find anything on their site.

Zitt ships from Texas.

#14792 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Zitt ships from Texas.

Okay thanks!

#14793 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Zitt ships from Texas.

And he ships extremely fast!! Most orders I get from him have taken 1-2 days at most to reach my front door!

#14794 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

What parts are you ordering for the UFO bumper? Is anything else from his shop worth considering, to justify the order/shipping?

#14795 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

What parts are you ordering for the UFO bumper? Is anything else from his shop worth considering, to justify the order/shipping?

The 3 clear parts so it will look like it's "floating" after it's installed. It's the body, skirt, and base. It does kinda suck that shipping costs more than those 3 parts lol.

#14796 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

The 3 clear parts so it will look like it's "floating" after it's installed. It's the body, skirt, and base. It does kinda suck that shipping costs more than those 3 parts lol.

I mean for how much he charges for those parts, let the man have a few dollars for his time!

#14797 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I mean for how much he charges for those parts, let the man have a few dollars for his time!

Hah oh I know, it's still cheap in the grand scheme of things, especially in this hobby.

#14798 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

For sure, was looking at what else to order to make it worth his time!

#14799 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

For sure, was looking at what else to order to make it worth his time!

I ordered some of the colored leg bolts from his site to compliment the new paint job I had done. They’re pretty nice but not real cheap.

#14800 1 year ago

Have a chance to get a Metallica Premium for my Godzilla Premium. Should I pull off the trade? What do you guys think?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 296 of 549.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/296 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.