IMG_0765 (resized).JPG
Godzilla (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231130_201100877 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_180754164 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdlang11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5689 2 years ago

Hey just got this. I also put in a center post. Plays great. Thanks for the advice.

7 months later
#13427 1 year ago

That works great and pinball life sells the same for a few dollars. But shipping will get you unless you have a few things to order or I go in with a friend.

#13439 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

just installed the Neo Tokyo mod. So damn sexy. [quoted image]

Very nice!! I'm on the list. This looks like it should have came with it.

#13564 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I just unboxed a GZ and noticed the Godzilla magnet doesn't appear to be working correctly (or at all). I went into the settings and did a magnet test and I *think* it's working. The test just seems to be a quick pulse, enough to tell it's energized but not long enough to hold a ball...is that a good test?
But during game play, I've never caught a ball once. The pitch is a little on the high at about 7 degrees, stock balls. Just loaded the newest code (0.98). Magnet Draw Time Slow is 250, Fast is 173 (both default), and the Godzilla magnet is enabled. Visually verified the magnet wires/connectors are OK (including at the node board).
I searched the thread and saw some others having issues but can't say I've seen anything that points me in the right direction.

Mine works fine I just received my game last Monday. I just throw away the pinballs stern gives or JJP and replace with new ones. I use Polaris Carbon balls from Ball Baron if a game has magnets. If not then I use Ninja.

#13566 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I actually have some Polaris balls (ordered 55 of them not long ago). Figured I'd test drive the pin first before swapping.

Dude...that's awesome!! Well if that doesn't work then we can troubleshoot.

#13568 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Well, it should work w/the Stern balls - so they're in there for now. I figured if I emailed Stern, I didn't want to muddy the water with anything other than stock.
I got to the point of keeping track of what pin had what balls in it, and when they were replaced last - I just ordered 55 and replaced then all. Once and done. But the rural mail gal probably hates me, that box was heavy! LOL

Maybe take off the glass and test it out with throwing the ball into it. A few hits should be kinetic with the trapped ball behind it and some should catch once activated.

#13712 1 year ago

Men of fate,
Just making it official. Joined the club last week. Born on July 25th. Zero problems out of box. Lucky.

My average scores are around 50 million. A little pathetic but I love this game.

Great forum!!!!

Josh L

16604053002204476122655813585743 (resized).jpg16604053002204476122655813585743 (resized).jpg
#13713 1 year ago

Now where is that overpriced topper at?!?!

1 week later
#14104 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Have been trying to get my shooter rod tuned up for my new Premium I just set up (first NIB). Felt pretty rough and not smooth. Had a lot of grease on the rod, going to try wiping that off a bit. But I also notice that there seems to be no plastic sleeve inside the assembly. I pulled off my new Mando premium shooter rod and can’t find one there either. Is this normal for Stern? I was expecting a plastic sleeve like on my JJP machines.
Edit: pulling rod off my DP also shows no plastic sleeve. Weird that when I look up the stern shooter assembly for purchase it mentions a sleeve.

Yeah..I had to stop comparing my Stern Games from my JJP. I own Dialed In and Pirates and to me they are Cadillacs. But Stern has the faster and more tournament style games...built with less parts.

**Now I have to say this in the forum that this is my opinion***

#14204 1 year ago

I got these from Pinball Life. They are nice.

Screenshot_20220824-180810 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220824-180810 (resized).png
#14217 1 year ago

I don't know why I didn't switch the EQ over to Rock mode earlier. Sounds much better.

#14392 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Ok, only had my Pro about 10 days, and love it to death of course, but IMO just too much Red GI. What are you guys doing to change some of it up? Some warm whites here and there, or cool or ?

Pinstadium NeonAtom Fusion looks amazing.

#14431 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Relatively new to the family, maybe 30 games or so on our premium. Have relatives in town, and some how I posted 507m.. my best game. I was pretty stoked. Went to enter my initials for grand champion "ME" and ended up #1 high score. I was like wtf? Then I scrolled through and find grand champion is 547m by "MAE"... which is my youngest son. He snuck me when I wasn't looking. Ill get him back. Really loving our GZ.. time for some fun mods.

My opinion on some cool mods is to reduce the amount 3D printed ones.
The Art of Pinball has resin cast popbumper UFO and Mechagodzilla rotating ramp covers.
I just ordered Oxygen Destroyer from High end mods. And resin cast Mothra from Pinball life. About to install Pinstadium Neo Atom Fusion.
And the Neon Sign from Stumblor Pinball has a wait list that you can get on.

And adding invisible glass and speakers are a great way to go first since that can cost the same amount as some 3D printed stuff.

But that's just me.

Enjoy this awesome game dude!!

1 week later
#14718 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

I can easily post pass from right to left on GZ, but always mess it up in the other direction. Isn't the flipper layout perfectly symmetrical if the flippers are properly aligned? Why would one way be harder than the other?

I believe it's the sling assemblys are aligned differently. Check the bottom of the star posts.

#14773 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Officially in the club!!!! I’ve had my premium on order since January with no delivery in site per the distributor.
My friend had an LE since new, but needed to make room for his upcoming 007 LE so sold me his! Wow. What a beautiful pin. I loved the game play the first time I tried it, now that I own it, it’s never leaving!
[quoted image]

Awesome man!! Im glad you got one.

-Josh

2 weeks later
#15282 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's enough ambient light from them without reflection that I wouldn't have them. But he could clear things up by simply publishing the light frequencies his products use. Anything from 400-455nm is harmful over time (the lower, the more damaging) and black light from 350-400nm is even worse over shorter time.

What is Stern using for Stranger Things UV lighting? Or is that different?

I'm not really sure.

#15284 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern uv kit. Actually UV.
Pinstadium UV+glow. Fake UV.
Pinstadium stranger things kit. Actually UV.

Thanks man. But that is crazy.

#15300 1 year ago
Quoted from robbie:

Just set-up my Godzilla pro and have a question about leveling the game.
Oddly enough I had to turn out completely the bolts from the FRONT legs to level the game as advised by Stern.
Will someone please let me know if this is normal?
My floor is flat[quoted image][quoted image]

I went through this once before. The level will pop out of place but still look secured. Just grab it with your fingers and see it it has come out of its cradle slightly. Then level with the other members suggestions.

2 weeks later
#15714 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

After about 7 weeks of contacting my distro from my late July run GZ Premium, I finally received my new lockdown bar. It took a while but at least it came and was free.
And it now matches perfectly and is the old style. You can see from the before/after pics that the texture on the lockdown bar was completely different than the side rails. It was very noticeable once I initially noticed it. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So what was the problem? Mine looks like your original and it has more texture to it. That seems great to me. It feels great for long term play.

#15751 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Definitely not $1500, it’s about half that. And worth every penny![quoted image]

Are we talking about the dog?

#15916 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Got my game yesterday and the top of the building is not moving high enough to release the balls. I looked though the service menu, but couldn't find a fix. Has anyone run into this? Currently running 1.01 code.
[quoted image]

I had to tighten the thumb screws on both sides of the building. As the entire lift mechanism was loose. Causing it to not raise high enough.

#15990 1 year ago

Like just for second...just to see how it feels.

3 weeks later
#16733 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I recommend flip n out or tilt amusements.

I have bought 3 pins from Zach at Flip N Out. Godzilla Premium was the latest one. And free shipping.

It's been a great experience for me.

1 month later
#18086 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Titan pinball standard shiny balls. I only buy something else when they aren’t in stock.

For all games regardless of magnets?? I only ask because I've only owned games for 3 years and would like to purchase one product. I bought a bunch of ninja balls and Polaris. As you know they vary you in price. I ask because of Dialed In and GZ.

Thanks,
J

#18171 1 year ago

I have been using this thread for help with scoring:

How to score a billion on Godzilla… and more!

-J

#18180 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I have been using this thread for help with scoring:
How to score a billion on Godzilla… and more!
-J

Sorry link didn't attach
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more

2 weeks later
#18570 1 year ago
Quoted from evanc:

It actually appears to have been removed from their website, weird. Maybe they're out of stock. But yes, I also replaced my lermods one with this. It is a night and day difference. The freddy's mod seems factory. You can see the mod here and there's a link to the website as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/70#post-7308714
If you want to email them about it, their stock number for the item is GZ-SO

Have you seen the one from Chrome Candy?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1029-chrome-candy/07424-godzilla-stainless-steel-shooter-lane-fix

#18623 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I totally messed up and have to move the post into this new position oh. Oh crap
[quoted image]

If your feeling crazy just put a thick rubber band there over the 2 posts for a week or 2 and change the settings to 10 ball.

I did before you know for the kids

4 months later
#22129 10 months ago

Does anybody have a problem with the building catching/scraping on wire forms and the plastics protectors when it's going up and down. Everything seems tight underneath.

Building seems to be leaning forward a bit from when I first got it.

I have been looking for this in the forum but only can find the discussions on height adjustments not back and forth.

#22131 10 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I wonder if Stern was going for these old Godzilla neon lamps from the 80s when designing the topper. Last time I was in Maui a few back I saw one for sale in an art gallery. The concept is there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man that's cool. I'm sure Stern can make almost anything they want. I would love it to look like that. I just don't understand.

Case in point I think the Deadpool topper is ok. I have it but I wish it had Little Deadpool riding a spinning embedded disco ball with crazy lights.

At a G note I think they can put a little more into it. Just my thoughts? Yours?

#22192 10 months ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Does anybody have a problem with the building catching/scraping on wire forms and the plastics protectors when it's going up and down. Everything seems tight underneath.
Building seems to be leaning forward a bit from when I first got it.
I have been looking for this in the forum but only can find the discussions on height adjustments not back and forth.

Has anyone had this problem..AFAF.

#22220 10 months ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

Sometimes the top of my building catches the left ramp for a sec as it goes down. It doesn’t make a difference and I just ignore it.

Ok thanks for the response. Mine is catching on right. When the game was new it had plenty of clearance.

1 week later
#22526 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Try reseating your SD card, and make sure it pulls back with a solid ‘seatbelt click’. Try that and see

Quoted from chuckwurt:

That shouldn’t happen. If they are breaking at the slings use 2.5”.
But super band will never break if that’s what you want.

I’m curious about super bands as well. I’ve been using titan with no problems but what does anybody think about super over titan?

3 months later
#24523 6 months ago
Quoted from themoffman:

Anyone having recurring issues with the building? mine seems to have started clipping part of the playfield on its way up (?) not quite sure what's going on but it started making a bad noise when going back up so I have the building disabled for now until I feel like looking at it. This is the second time something like this has happened in the past couple of months

Mine is doing the same thing. Anyone have any suggestions??

#24547 6 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

You may need to adjust and/or tighten the building. I'm no expert at this, but I did watch a YouTube video when I upgraded my GZ Premium building with Diddy's Drake mod.
Here's a link to that video. Specific nut locationa start @ 11:54 mark. Watch the building removal & replacement to get a better understanding of the align and securement of the building.

Much appreciated!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdlang11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=jdlang11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.