PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider exsquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2588 2 years ago

I have a Deadpool premium coming in the next run. I'm going back and forth with myself ( A LOT )! to either sell it or trade it for a Godzilla. I'm thinking the trade option is off the table since its brand new. But man I REALLY want that Godzilla. Since you guys own one how do you feel about it? Its a keeper? Am I an idiot for wanting to get rid of DP for a Godzilla? I have a lot of down time lately and this is what's going through my head.

#2591 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

They are both incredible games. Deadpool is my number 1 pin, but I can see GZ taking it over if the code really gets finished well. If I had to sell one it would be a hard decision but right now I would sell GZ. That might change with more code tho.

See that's what's killing me. I played DP and LOVE IT! but the Godzilla theme is the best I can think of other than my Iron Maiden. The other thing is I never sold a game before and not sure how smooth that is and since I have no "ratings" on here I can see people being skeptical. I don't know. I would have to take it out of the box so I can store it in my house since I don't have a garage.

#2594 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

For what's it's worth, I have been borrowing my buddy's Deadpool Pro for the past few months. I consider myself a solid player and, while DP is fast and fun as others have stated, I have found myself growing bored of it much more quickly than I had expected. I only have 3 machines and play them a lot, so perhaps DP would fit better in a larger collection. I have a GZ Premium hopefully coming soon in the first run, but have played a fair amount of GZ Pro and less GZ Premium over the past few weeks. GZ is awesome and I find the shots are more varied, more interesting, and more fun in general. The additional mechs on the premium really bring that to another level. DP is definitely a lot more shallow code-wise and is a bit of a rinse/repeat if you are trying to get to the wizard mod. While GZ's code is apparently still early, I feel like it's already deeper/more varied than DP. If it were me, I'd keep GZ given based on the fact that it seems to have much better staying power...especially if you don't have a large collection.

I have a GOTG and Iron Maiden Premium, DP will be on its way hopefully "soon"? So a fairly small collection if you want to even call it a collection, But after watching a ton of videos of Godzilla I'm torn.

#2596 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ll just say any new pin is a joy to own even if it’s not the best of the best so pick one or the other you’ll be happy you did but sad at the one you didn’t buy.

Exactly right.

#2600 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I would trade Deadpool for Godzilla in a nano second. Deadpool is extremely shallow compared to Godzilla, even at only .8 code right now. Godzilla, has more toys, more shots, more code. Deadpool has awesome call outs, humor, and music. But so does Godzilla, I find the hilarious movie clips even funnier than deadpool.

Yes the campiness of Godzilla cant be beat! And I love the guys voice call outs!

#2603 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I have both Machines, both are premiums, and both are great games. (Godzilla definitely has the edge on flow and shot combinations).
Tough decision for sure, even for me it would still be a tough one and I’ve owned DP for 3 years now and have over 3000 games on it.
I suggest you decide by “which theme” you love more. That’s what I would do.
Or find the means to own both!

I wish I could but my Maiden Premium wiped me out for a while haha. oh well. Yeah Godzilla is a dream theme for me. I'm just wrestling and nervous about " selling" a machine on here. Not sure how well that would go. I have zero experience doing that.

#2610 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

I had my first sell go very well. It was local though, guy lived ten minutes away. I didn't want the hassle of shipping so it worked out for both of us.

I'm really hoping if I do this its local. Weird thing is I live on Long Island a HUGELY populated area and its pretty hard to come by any pinheads here. Maybe ill get lucky who knows.

#2612 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Long Island in the house
Don't have a pin to sell you, though. Hi neighbor!

HAH! Well there ya go! nice! Yeah I'm hoping I can get lucky and find someone on the island who would want the DP when I get it. If you know anyone give me a holler.

#2617 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

If you haven't received the Deadpool yet, wouldn't you just be able to swap the order and whatever you paid towards it to a Godzilla?
That way you wouldn't have to deal with receiving it and then reselling.

Not to open up a can of worms here but I'm getting my DP through other means. So that's not an option.

#2618 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

this is an easy decision. Get your deadpool, then sell your GOTG and put that money towards a godzilla.

GOTG was a birthday gift from the wife, that's not going anywhere. What's great is she's getting into this almost just as much as I am.

#2691 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I sold two machines on here and both were local sales and went very smooth. I’m actually good friends now with the guy I sold my first machine too. He has a ton of pins and so does his brother and his brother even lent me a TMNT premium which is in my home now. Don’t be scared, lots of good people out there.

That's what I'm hoping for.

8 months later
#12664 1 year ago

I’m in! Arrived tonight! One problem though. The service menu buttons don’t work. I looked to see if anything was loose or disconnected but couldn’t find anything. I’ll try again with fresh eyes in the morning. But was just wondering if anyone had similar issues.

7F4EFCBB-B3C3-4C49-A676-99ADD5393BC8 (resized).jpeg7F4EFCBB-B3C3-4C49-A676-99ADD5393BC8 (resized).jpeg
#12668 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Lots of issues with these lately. Push hard and they will likely work a bit. Request a replacement from your distributor…

I emailed stern support. See what happens. I did like you said and pressed really hard and they kinda / sorta work but I feel like I'm going to snap the part off. Ugh!

#12682 1 year ago

So another one of these is coming to me hopefully by early next week.

https://www.pinballlife.com/coin-door-4-button-service-button.html

Any of you ever replace one? how easy is it? From what I can see it looks kinda plug and play. I only see one connection on the bottom.

#12689 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Replaced the one that came on my JP Prem a few weeks ago. Two screws, one plug. Easy. The sticker is the hard part if they don't send you one with a sticker.

Thanks man. Yeah it " looks" like it comes without the sticker. Ill see if there is somewhere to get those.

#12691 1 year ago
Quoted from wywin:

I got a new menu button assembly from Stern under warranty, and it did come with stickers, but un-stuck. I kind of like the unstickered plain black housing, so I didn't bother to put them on. I would have to guess that the ones from PBL also include stickers?

It doesnt say, hopefully! if not i dont really NEED them. Would be nice though.

#12730 1 year ago

Got to play a bunch last night! The "secret combo" shots are a really cool addition to a game. Love it! I have to try out the 1954 soundtrack later on. I miss my Iron Maiden but man I'm loving this game.

#12738 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

As mentioned a few posts ago, the heat ray is not always active though it may be qualified. Requires certain mode/s to be running to be active.

So glad I found this, I thought something was wrong with my game and was like F!!!! phew! back to breathing easy.

#12801 1 year ago

Anyone else have issues or had with launching the ball ? The shot is NOT smooth at all. Very clunky no matter how much I pull the shooter rod back. Sometimes the ball launches into Mechas left arm. Its just weird. The game is level.

#12803 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Yep, I've adjusted mine to no end and still have problems with clunk. Weird.

Ugh! On top of that when the ball goes into the building and launches up to the top to get locked a lot of times it has to do it 2 or 3 times to finally get the ball up there.

#12812 1 year ago

I’ve installed a shaker motor this afternoon and it’s not doing anything. Default settings for the game are at max. Unplugged it then plugged it back in still nothing . Hmmm

#12818 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Is there a Shaker motor - YES - option also maybe

If there is I can’t find it.

#12820 1 year ago

The only menu I can find is Shaker set to default
“Maximum” which is already set. I can’t find any other menu that says shaker motor YES or anything else.

#12825 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Is it the manual plunge or the auto plunge or both, causing the issue?

Manual for me. Auto seems much better.

#12840 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:Is the shooter rod straight? If the alignment is off, this cause problems on a manual plunge.

Looks good to me. I’ve never had to take out a the shooter rod. And I wouldn’t even know how to get it aligned. If that is the problem.

#12884 1 year ago

Thanks for everyone who was trying to help me sort out my shaker motor problem. As embarrassing as it is to say when I installed it , the wiring got tied up by the ( shaker things) ??? And I didn’t realize it. Scott from pinball life gave me the heads up to check it and what do you know?! It works now! Phew! Crisis averted.

#12897 1 year ago

I ordered that one last week ! Can’t wait I think it looks fantastic ! I’m also considering the movie side blades from them.

#12916 1 year ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

I just picked up a premium after owning a pro. Does anyone know how to clean up the shorting lane a bit? It seems like it is very difficult to get a clean plunge on this premium. The ball seems to catch on something somewhere along the way that makes it very hard to hit the left spinner skill shot off a plunge without going nearly full on the pullback. The auto plunge seems to be much cleaner. On my pro, I’d say a 70% pull got you the left spinner and the ball didn’t catch on anything along the way. Other than that, I am enjoying my June 1st build.

Mines also a complete mess. Sometimes it even launches and hits Mecha Godzilla in the arm. Total clunkfest out of the plunge for me. Auto is slightly better.

#12932 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

This is more of a new Stern question than specifically a Godzilla question but I figured I would ask it here anyway. This was my first NIB in quite a while, they used to include paperwork to mail in to register ownership of a new game. I didn't see anything like that in the packet on this one. Is there a game registration process now or do they just trust you when you call with an issue and they have to ship parts out? The game is registered in the Insider Connected system, maybe that counts??
TIA!

There is actually a registration page where you put the serial number for your game on. I for some reason cant find it on their page right now.

#12938 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

FYI.. that is the humble and talented Scott Danesi who created Total Nuclear Annihilation in case you weren't aware.

Did not know that. Seems like a cool guy just going back and forth with him when he was helping me.

#12945 1 year ago

Anyone figure out a mecha Godzilla magnet not working issues yet? Man I’m having bad luck with this game so far. One issue was totally my fault ( shaker motor). But I’m just down in the dumps with this. Every day something else and I’ve barley played it. I’ve checked all connections and they seem ok.

#12956 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I just got a Godzilla Premium a month ago. First stern. I like it a lot. How does the JP Premium compare? Worth getting if it comes up?

Its usually my first go to when I go to the location near me. And he has most of the new stuff. Its fast and fun.

#12957 1 year ago

Every night I try to level my Godzilla for a few minutes. I use the PinGuy app. All the legs are in the green but something is always just slightly off. Like the right lane by mechagodzilla is supposed to "mostly " shoot out to the left flipper when coming from the top correct? I say it does maybe once in 10 times. the little bumpers by the right outlanes always catch the ball then it just bounces around and whatnot. And I'm not sure about this one so don't kill me but when you fully plunge the ball is it supposed to go to the top left flipper and around to the spinner? If I fully plunge it nails the magnet by the building every time. Just curious.

#12959 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You game is playing properly. The feed from mech is always wild. Perfect speed ones may hit the left flipper, or they may not.

Ok, thanks man! Great vids on YouTube BTW! just started watching some.

#12962 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

You could also give it a slight bend to help the ball, "ski jump" over the bumper a little bit better... It won't clear every time, but with a smooth acceleration down the rail, you should see the ball just clear that bumper to the flipper.

I was actually thinking about that last night and looking on how to do it. Could it be as simple as using a pair of plyers and adjusting the lip up slightly?

#12986 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

There’s your first mistake. That app is a piece of crap. You might as well use the bubble level. Spend the $25 measly dollars and get this: amazon.com link »

Thanks for the link. Will do. Yeah I’ve been using that app for years and it never really “ felt right”.

#13019 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just had my first billion point game. I’m finally feeling like I’m getting into the groove of this game, getting better at the shots and understanding the scoring strategies more. Great fun!
[quoted image]

Sick! 283M is about as good as i can do right now.

#13104 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

I'm in your boat and while I'm not totally new to pinball I'm relatively new to Pinside. It was bumming me out to watch all these guys breaking 1 billion and I can't crack half that.
Maybe not your issue, but I've come to a better place. I no longer worry about what other people score or can accomplish on their machines. I know my average score thanks to Insider Connected. Any time I can beat my average score (and thus raise my average score) I call it a win. I'm not even gunning for a new high score on my machine. For a short while there I was getting really frustrated playing my new machines (Rush and GZ). Now, I'm much, much happier and have even been playing a bit better.
Probably not your issue, or anybody else's. But your post made me think to share how I've stayed happy playing these games among people who are clearly much better than me at pinball...

I like when people post their scores. Gives me something to shoot for and I find it fun. I mean I SUCK, so it’s going to take a while hahah. I still haven’t defeated any of the monsters yet. I managed to get Tank Multiball for the first time since owning the machine today. That was a huge win for me.
Everyone plays in a way that makes it fun for them. I was always a high score chaser since I was a kid so I get a kick out of it. And I’m jealous you have RUSH. I played the hell out of it on location near me last month. Premium is amazing. One day I’ll own one .

#13232 1 year ago

I can’t believe I have a Godzilla in my house . Still in disbelief.

#13249 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

He must be making a mess, Destroying the cabinets...lol
Hope the game is playing well.

Hah! As soon as I posted that I knew the jokes would flow. Thanks man so far so good !

#13350 1 year ago

New code new translite ! Let’s go!

618DE273-A5C1-4969-9488-A8AC2BF3D947 (resized).jpeg618DE273-A5C1-4969-9488-A8AC2BF3D947 (resized).jpeg
#13366 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Have you tried moving the playfield left or right? Mine has way more wiggle room then my other games, anytime I lift the playfield when I put it back down I make sure to slide it to the left after it's down before I put the lockdown bar on. If I don't do that my plunger makes contact with the auto plunger fork.
The auto plunge works because that's attached to the play field where the manual plunger is not, it's attached to the cabinet.

This is exactly what’s going on with mine. I have to shift the play field to the left or I get the same problem. Only game I’ve issues like this with.
I’m also wondering if this is what’s causing my plunger not shooting “ normally” . The ball is a mess when plunged. Goes all over the place. Even hits mechas left arm some times . Smh …

#13370 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

All my games have the playfield centering brackets (Actually Switch plates) EXCEPT Godzilla. Not sure if this was intentional by Stern or it was just an oversight on the line that day of assembly
I originally marked my lockdown bar bracket positions with a sharpie to ensure I have the proper position, if not put back correctly the ball rattles out of the shooter lane both manually and auto
I just ordered a couple sets of these from Pinball Life. Will install and report back
https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-right.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-left.html
[quoted image]

Thanks , these easy to install?

#13410 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

Saw other folks having issues with manual plunger alignment. It's probably not an issue with where the playfield is sitting, it's that the manual plunger wasn't positioned correctly from the factory (or got moved in shipment). Basically the triangular hole in the cabinet where that assembly mounts allows for a lot of movement to get it to hit the ball solidly. I emailed Stern tech and they provided this document that shows how to change the alignment of the manual shooter. Hope this helps someone else out.
[quoted image]

Thanks for this. at the same time its got to be a HUGE pain in the ass for keep lifting the playfield putting it back down to see if its aligned then doing it all over again till its right. I know i know...that's what needs to be done. But still, ugh! Going to attempt this when i get home later.

#13524 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is the building shot tighter on the premium? I don’t have a ton of time on one, but played in a tournament Sunday, and I would get rejects to the building a lot if my shot wasn’t perfect.

I have a PRE at home, I get rejected all the time if its not a straight shot into the building. Any slight shot to either side going in it comes back out.

#13529 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I'm curious: at this point, is there anything major missing from the game? I noticed some monsters on the playfield that aren't in the early menu to fight. Are they just deeper in the game, or have they yet to be added?

Yeah King Caeser is on the playfield , i would imagine he would be added?

#13536 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Kumonga (giant spider) is in one of the skill shots - that’s probsbly the only appearance we’ll see.
Kamakura (giant praying mantis) is behind the Mechagodzilla spinner/tail whip insert. Doubt we’ll see him too much. He’s not in the films for very long
King Seesar would most likely be added as an ally, or maybe an alternate extra ball video like Jet Jaguar. Haven’t seen him in the game I don’t think.

Id like to see Destroyah down the road at some point.

#13542 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Game is Showa era only

I knew that. DOH!

#13543 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That would be cool, but not the right era - the Godzilla in this game is pre-1984, where they reset the timeline and ignored all movies after the very first one. I’d like to see Space Godzilla!

I have money on Space Godzilla being the monster King Kong and Godzilla team up against in the next movie .

#13598 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

When the magnet grabs the ball, the ball sways left to right. If you can time it correctly when the ball swings to the left, then the momentum could swing the ball past that upper flipper and into the left spinner. I have not been able to do that yet, but have come close. It seems like there is a delay as to when pressing both flippers will release the ball (on my machine, at least). That delay is what makes it hard for me to time because the optimal time is when the ball has it's greatest swing to the left, which is at the beginning of the magnagrab.

Learn something new everyday on here. I didn't even know that was a thing! That's awesome!

#13659 1 year ago

Is there a setting that can lower the power of the auto launcher? Every ball hits the top right part of the magnet and sometimes goes right down the middle. I would like to lessen it just a tad. I'm not in front of the game right now, was just wondering.

#13661 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya, in settings

Touché! I didn't know if there actually was one. I never saw one maybe because I never had to try this before.

#13663 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I lowered mine so it hits right above upper flipper. It doesn't drop thru flipper, but is fairly consistent there. But not 100%, I still get rattling auto plunges too, but no sdtm

Thanks, Yeah I didn't mind it at first but now its just annoying. Ill mess with it later on.

#13665 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It's in game feature adjustments, I'm set at 122
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just set it at 120. Sooooooo much better!

Thanks for the help.

#13667 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Turn down your trough eject also ALWAYS! It fires that ball way to hard into shooter lane. You want it to gently come in.

Ok thanks for the heads up!

#13743 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've heard" put your shoes on", but not barefoot again

Good Golly Miss Molly is still my favorite of all time. Still not sure what triggers it but I usually hear that when I'm in Multiball.

#13750 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

so embarassing

That guys voice though......smh. Takes me out of the game. " hit the ramps...." ugh.

#13765 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i can see that but I think its humor and my family always laughs.

Yeah it has its moments sometimes but mostly gets on my nerves. I want the main announcer though to follow me around and narrate my life.

#13806 1 year ago

Anyone else hit mechas ramp and have the ball sometimes fly onto the wireform to the left.?

#13809 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Of course! It's like a warp zone.

I was just wondering , my game is messy. Its leveled but it shoots like crap. Not smooth at all. Hmmmm. The auto plunge and manual plunge don't get passed mecha. Its like it " hits something" and just comes rolling back down. I cant put my finger on what's going on.

#13811 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Is the manual plunger hitting the auto plunger?

That only happens if the playfield is moved to the right after I put it back down . I have to move it to the left. Only game I've ever had to do that with.

#13816 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Try recording a plunge using slow motion video to see what the issue might be. Then you might be able to make an adjustment for whatever is happening.

Ill try that thanks.

#13818 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I use my belly, i dunno about you guys.

So THATS the trick. I gotta start drinking more beer.

#13857 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

What page did you notice that on?

#13904 1 year ago

The right wire form going to the right flipper, the ball "bounces" back when it hits the end then comes back and drops down. Like it hits the end of it and bounces back about an inch then slowly comes back and drops down. Unlike the left one which just drops right down no matter how fast the ball is going like every other game I have......smh. Any ideas?

#13909 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Noisiest flippers in my collection is my IMDN pro by a mile, I can't help but notice how noisy they are. I've noticed it on other IMDNs too although when pointing it out to a friend he said it sounded normal to them.

Yup. The wife always complained about our IMDN flippers being "crazy loud". No other game, just that one.

#13910 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Man... Mine didn't do this, and then I took that wireform off last night to put in some new rubbers, and now it does it! I'll let you know if I can figure it out. It's annoying for sure.

Yeah I don't get it. Ok let us know , it definitely takes the flow out of the game.

#13913 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Mine did this out of the box, a slight bend to the wire form at the very end of it should do the trick. By bending the wire form upwards just a little you give the ball downward momentum, instead of it bouncing square off the end of it.

Which one did you bend? The top wire above the hole? How did you do it? I've never had to do this before and am afraid of breaking or snapping something.

#13967 1 year ago

Buddy of mine came by yesterday and adjusted the shooter rod so it was straight and everything was perfectly lined up but I'm still getting messy launches manually and with the auto launch. We just don't know what else to do. We adjusted the power to the auto launch to everything we could think of, it either hits the magnet and goes straight down the middle or it just kind of bounces around and either doesn't make it around the initial "loop" and comes back down into the right inlane? or it makes it is just slow and messy. Sorry I don't know how else to explain it. Extremely frustrating.

#13971 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Hitting the magnet is basically the expected behavior on "full plunge". and its quite useful. If your auto plunge does this a lot, turn the power down a little bit. It shouldn't STDM here. Make sure your playfield is level, maybe tweak your incline some. That bit doesn't have anything to do with your plunger.
as far as the rattling plunge that doesn't make it around. that happens to me some times. Makes me think this is why he put 3 relatively low-skill "skill shots" right there... so that you don't get too mad at him when it happens.

I wouldn't mind it so much but there is a PRO on location near me that's flawless and the ball goes around the top left flipper every time the ball is launched nice and smooth. My game is level. Ill try and post a video later on tonight.

#13973 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

If this is true (and I question that heavily), then know that this is not expected behavior, so don't try to replicate it at home. That skill shot is supposed to be pretty difficult to hit and certainly not something that should happen regularly on full or auto-plunge.

I'm trying to get it " close enough" so as to not have a rattling ball coming out of the initial launch. Running out of ideas. I can deal with everything else. Last night I played and it auto launched the ball to the right and the ball got stuck under mechas arm.

I have all legs the lowest they can go right now. That seems to be the point the ball least has problems. Who knows.

#13975 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Do you have a cliffy protector in the shooter lane?

Negative, everything is stock right now except the external volume control I put in last week.

#13976 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

That skill shot is supposed to be pretty difficult to hit and certainly not something that should happen regularly on full or auto-plunge.

Agreed, which is why i thought it was weird. Anyway Im not sure whats going on with mine.

#13984 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

On my machines I generally put the front levelers all the way in (or a thread or two out to allow some fine tuning), so they are as short as possible. I then put the rears at least midway out to almost all the way out, to make them taller. This usually gets me in the 6.8° to 7.2° range. I have Godzilla at 7.0° and my ball launches are very good, both manual and auto.

I can honestly say I do a lot less than that. Ill try to go higher in the back than I was before I put them all the way down, I always thought " too much" ruins the flow? Thats why I never did it. Im sure im wrong.

#14129 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

Premium came in Thursday been playing it hard this weekend. Everything is playing perfectly except two items one the left flipper button gets hung like it's catching on like every fiftieth press

I have the same issue. If I rotate the button from the outside a little it helps it for a few games. But something is definitely wrong so I just ordered a new set from pinlife.

#14320 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:Fun question
1. < 1 billion
2. 1 - 5 billion
3. >10 billion
Trying to see how long I can keep my 1 bil average on pro and LE tables. Bound to come to an end at some point.
[quoted image]

I average 200 million a game......smfh

#14327 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

I just recently turned down the power for my upper flipper and it made a huge difference in this shot being repeatable. I usually thing stronger=better but too much power causes the ball to bounce around too much.
Wade

I had that flipper at full power and the ball became to fast after the second loop it was impossible for me to keep it going. I lowered it just a little and now I can get a really good flow going with it where I can average 4-6 loops each time now.

2 weeks later
#14789 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Officially in the club!!!! I’ve had my premium on order since January with no delivery in site per the distributor.
My friend had an LE since new, but needed to make room for his upcoming 007 LE so sold me his! Wow. What a beautiful pin. I loved the game play the first time I tried it, now that I own it, it’s never leaving!
[quoted image]

Nice lineup!! Damn!! I would love a CCr.

Ever since I got my GZ every dinosaur is Godzilla now according to my daughter.

1 week later
#14980 1 year ago
Quoted from avspin:

Ball trap on mecha, any suggestions to prevent?
[quoted image]

I get this once in a while off of manual plunge. Sometimes not even with a full pull.

#14984 1 year ago

Anyone was get a scary” pop sound when updating the code and it restarts the game a couple of times. Please tell me yes. Ugh.

#14987 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Yes indeed, just happened to me and has happened on most all the GZ updates. Like a speaker scratch sound.

Yes! Like something short circuits in the speaker .

#15061 1 year ago

Best yet since owning early August. Felt pretty good. Had some good jet attack bonuses going .

C41D9380-A93F-43D2-B725-1C80C12F33B6 (resized).jpegC41D9380-A93F-43D2-B725-1C80C12F33B6 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#15252 1 year ago

So last night I grabbed a beer and went downstairs to finally take care of leveling my GZ. Took me about 20 minutes to fix the .07 offset to the left. Now the only reason I did this was because a few pages back someone posted about how just a couple of points difference in the leveling is huge with Godzilla. So I figured why not!?
MY GOD! That guy was right! I have it at .01 to the left now. I couldn't get it any closer that that. ( I tried ). Every shot seems so much smoother now. I never had to do this to any of my other games they always felt good even when I eyeballed them setting up the legs. But for whatever reason this one need TLC. So glad I took the time.

#15254 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, GZ seems more sensitive than most. The only one that I've had that was as sensitive was Star Wars Prem. Half a turn on the leg leveler was the difference between heaven and hell.

Only got to play SW twice and the mini screen was busted. At Foxwoods in CT. So kinda took the fun out of it. I hope they get it fixed, going back up there in DEC.

2 weeks later
#15719 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I often hit the Maser Cannon trying for the unnamed Elwin Figure 8 shot that I can’t get enough of. I can also hit it when I ski jump from the left flipper to the right and hit the ball with the tip. Now I need to go home and practice the tail whip shot…so many beautiful paths for the ball to travel.

That shot has to hit PERFECTLY in the initial lane on the left or it wont go across into the Mecha lane for me. Does anyone here get this shot consistently , I mean when they do hit the left lane?

#15951 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It looks like things are getting fine-tuned nicely. So, is anyone going to make the "ABE FLIPS SHOOTER LANE FIX" available?

Thirded!

#16199 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I just installed the lighted side blades from PinGraffix and I must say, I'm impressed. I never would have thought I would remove my mirror blades but no regrets here, I'm digging these!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look mint! I found these I was going to go with but now i dont know....

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/godzilla-posters-stern-pinball-sideblades/

#16200 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

For those who are interested in the dimensions, here is another version you can try:
thickness = 0.07 inch
[quoted image]

oh man, can someone please make/sell this.

Reason : me trying to do anything ever at anytime....

patrick-star-idk.gifpatrick-star-idk.gif
#16205 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Here is a quick video of the side blades in action.

Your game looks sick! I love the speaker lights.

#16300 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

I need to hold the buttons down pretty hard to get mine to work. It’s frustrating.

I had to order this and just replaced mine. Works great now. Easy to install.

https://www.pinballlife.com/coin-door-4-button-service-button.html

#16318 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

As mentioned in my previous post and it should probably be stickied across all other PINS. Pinball Life is aware of the flaw of the stock designs from wherever Stern gets them and has re-designed them. These are similar looking but mechanically different and as they even stated. "These are the good ones".
[quoted image]

Sorry didnt see that . Was just trying to help.

#16510 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

My building on my premium raises very smooth, but it rattles/shakes going down. I don't want it to damage the building. Should I be concerned with this, is it normal?

Mine does this maybe every 20 something games. I tightened everything and it still does it just ( sometimes ). Not sure what else to do since its intermittent.

#16586 1 year ago

Got my Abe flips fix in as of last night, courtesy of Lermods. What power on the auto plung are you guys using? I might have to up mine a bit.

#16588 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I turned it down a littlebit, since the plastic prevents the rattling and causes the ball to be faster then usual.

Ill mess with it later on. The one thing I've noticed since I put your fix in is the ball hasn't jumped and hit Mecha at all! So that's a huge plus! I was having an issue where the ball would jump probably every 10 times the ball was auto plunged and hit him the left side ( his left side ). A couple of times it would get stuck. So very happy that isn't happening anymore.

#16696 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Fresh powder just got back from Steve at Pinball Refinery. Lots of blue in the art and of course Godzilla’s heat Ray… so I went with a Illusion Blueberry with chameleon sapphire topcoat.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Someone's Monster Bash is missing trim now.

#16702 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Yeah it does have a bit of MBr look to it. I struggled with color choice, silver seemed boring, red is reserved for my Elvira and green gave me either TMNT or JP vibes… I hate orange… blue felt like the best choice. But blue can be a tad much, so I tried to add a bit of purple to it.

It looks great, I would have never thought. It goes great with the blue in the artwork on the front and sides.

#16768 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I also had 2-balls launch at the same time once last week, but thought nothing of it since it never happened prior to, nor since that one time. I've had other nuisance problems, though, which have only started recently:
1) one ball during every game or two will auto launch, which kills your chance of a skill shot award.
2) The magna grab used to grab the ball frequently during most games and give you a chance for a sizable award if you can hit the loop w/ the upper flipper immediately after the ball release, but now it (the Magna grab) only happens on rare occasion.
I've got V 1.01.1. Has anyone else experienced weird stuff happening?

Number 2....yup. No idea why.

#16859 1 year ago
5DF2ECE4-49C5-4FE4-AAD1-E10FF4B1F40E (resized).jpeg5DF2ECE4-49C5-4FE4-AAD1-E10FF4B1F40E (resized).jpeg
#16939 1 year ago

My wife trying to make me eat the "other stuff" today.

king-kong-godzilla.gifking-kong-godzilla.gif
3 weeks later
#17503 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’ve been excited about new pins arriving before, but I’ve never had a goofy smile plastered on my face for the first 10 games like I did with Godzilla. And I don’t even have my shaker or mirror blades installed yet. Is there a better start to a MB than Blue Öyster Cult blaring when the 3 balls tumble off the roof? What negative attenuation value are people using to maximize the music balance?

Shaker is awesome on this game!

#17649 1 year ago

Any of you guys/girls put these on your machines? I would think the red would look amazing on Godzilla, I have it in the "cart " and am about to order it.

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-cabinet-lighting-kit-bundle-universal?variant=32711255064673

#17653 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

As an alternative, if it's your cup of tea, you can connect an RGB LED to strip to the saucer RGB leads and put that strip in your undercabinet. Then the cab will mirror the lighting of the saucer...

That sounds cool but just rather have the steady on lights. Plus after getting SW last week I already have the " Escape Boba Fett" mode to make my eyes bleed.

1 month later
#18496 1 year ago

<blockquote cite="#7368319"
3. Now the big question: I've decided I want a pin I can use at home! Thoughts on "doubling-up" with a pin I already have, albeit that I only see intermittently? Godzilla Premium comes to mind. OR would you buy a different machine (like a Jurassic Park Premium)?
1st world problems, I know.

You're in the "Godzilla" thread , everyone's going to say..........Metallica.

#18497 1 year ago
Quoted from Hipgnosis:

3. Now the big question: I've decided I want a pin I can use at home! Thoughts on "doubling-up" with a pin I already have, albeit that I only see intermittently? Godzilla Premium comes to mind. OR would you buy a different machine (like a Jurassic Park Premium)?
1st world problems, I know.

You're in the Godzilla thread, Everyone's going to say............Metallica.

Get Godzilla PRE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider exsquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=exsquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.