IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 547.
#14651 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

I'm curious how you get the ball up the right ramp from the left flipper. Mine barely has power to make the loop, let alone the ramp (and that's with replacement coils, etc.). I think I read somewhere on here that the game was not designed to make the right ramp shot from the left flipper?

not from the upper left, but its to be made with the lower left. leaf switchposition, coil sleeves and/or stops, alignment of the flipper shaft arm attached to the clamp, position of the tip at rest....these are the commons hiccups that would make the shot harder than it should. theres a few more things to check, but i usually start with these first

#14652 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

I'm curious how you get the ball up the right ramp from the left flipper. Mine barely has power to make the loop, let alone the ramp (and that's with replacement coils, etc.). I think I read somewhere on here that the game was not designed to make the right ramp shot from the left flipper?

We were talking about the left flipper, not the upper left flipper, sorry for any confusion

Also, try bumping your power up on the upper left to make the shot repeatable...I found a 5 point bump on mine is the sweet spot and I can loop repeatedly, 5 or 6 times in a row pretty easily now

#14653 1 year ago
Quoted from yancyq:

His first run will be 20 units and he estimates will take about 2 months to complete them all. $1450 plus shipping.

You guys must really like toppers.

#14654 1 year ago

I have the opportunity to buy a Godzilla LE for about $3k over the current asking price for a premium. Is it worth the extra cost? Value/return? Game only has about 100 plays on it. Love the game as most people do. Just wanting an honest opinion. Only other LE I’ve owned was a Star Trek LE that I miss. And that one cost me less than the current premiums!

Thank you

#14655 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I have the opportunity to buy a Godzilla LE for about $3k over the current asking price for a premium. Is it worth the extra cost? Value/return? Game only has about 100 plays on it. Love the game as most people do. Just wanting an honest opinion. Only other LE I’ve owned was a Star Trek LE that I miss. And that one cost me less than the current premiums!
Thank you

The LE has only cosmetic differences from the Premium… IMO not worth the extra price bump, but it depends on how badly you want and like the game.

#14656 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Thank you

So here's my opinion only because I am currently in the market for a Godzilla Premium. There are no NIB to be found at the $8999 MSRP shipped free and I won't pay 10k plus for a used premium.
However, if a deal were to come my way for a slightly used LE at 3000 over msrp of a premium, which would be 12k if I'm reading this correctly, I personally would take that deal only because it's an LE. I don't play my games much and want to have the best version if that opportunity presents itself. That's my rationale.
Summary: I personally would pay 12k for an LE in this particular instance and only on this specific game because I've played it and know I want this game in my small collection.
Best wishes
r/
Mike

#14657 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The LE has only cosmetic differences from the Premium… IMO not worth the extra price bump, but it depends on how badly you want and like the game.

I badly like the game and am glad I got an LE on this one.

#14658 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I have the opportunity to buy a Godzilla LE for about $3k over the current asking price for a premium. Is it worth the extra cost? Value/return? Game only has about 100 plays on it. Love the game as most people do. Just wanting an honest opinion. Only other LE I’ve owned was a Star Trek LE that I miss. And that was cost me less than the current premiums!
Thank you

Tough question especially when comparing to Star Trek LE. STLE is one of the true Stern LE’s along with B66LE. With Godzilla LE you’re just getting trim and art.

But given you’re paying a premium for a Premium, you may as well get an LE. Premium prices will absolutely come down once production catches up. Let’s not so much.

#14659 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I have the opportunity to buy a Godzilla LE for about $3k over the current asking price for a premium. Is it worth the extra cost?

Absolutely not. But if that’s the one you want, you’re going to have to pony up. Just don’t expect to break even or make money on it on resale, and you won’t be disappointed

#14660 1 year ago
Quoted from yancyq:

His first run will be 20 units and he estimates will take about 2 months to complete them all. $1450 plus shipping.

Pretty happy with the $125 option . I guess this sets the pricing bar for the eventual Stern topper.

3E46015B-0DEF-4A7A-9CCA-438E0AADD429 (resized).jpeg3E46015B-0DEF-4A7A-9CCA-438E0AADD429 (resized).jpeg
#14661 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I mean.. what's a stern topper gonna be? $1000 (probably more) For some cheaply made acrylic thing? That hundreds of people will have?
Or, for slightly more (% wise) you can have this awesome hand made topper which seems super unique as far as pinball toppers go, that is much more uncommon.

price seems crazy in a vacuum, but Stern prices are crazier imo.

#14662 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Thank you

I have an LE and have played premiums. Sure they play the same but the foil art, powdercoated armor, real back glass, HD glass and all the rest which you would likely add anyway are absolutely worth it and will ad up to that difference in price anyway. If you're going to pass please let me know, I have a friend who would be. Market on these is 15-16k currently.

#14663 1 year ago

Is the all city combos achievement in a single game? I’m sure I’ve got them all over several games, not in a single game though but the 5 city combos specifically says ‘in a single game’ whereas the all city combos one doesn’t. Or maybe it’s not doable on a pro because you miss the prem/le combos?

Also can someone explain the 3x sjp in Godzilla mb. I’ve read the tilt forum explanation but think I must not be understanding it right.
Thanks

#14664 1 year ago

Thank you all for your honest opinion. Made me think about it more. I will pick this one up. Since it is marked up, but not high and since I don’t think I will get a premium at retail any time soon, this will happily go up stairs and be bolted to the floor. Right along with my JP premium and Space shuttle.

#14665 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I mean.. what's a stern topper gonna be? $1000 (probably more) For some cheaply made acrylic thing? That hundreds of people will have?
Or, for slightly more (% wise) you can have this awesome hand made topper which seems super unique as far as pinball toppers go, that is much more uncommon.
price seems crazy in a vacuum, but Stern prices are crazier imo.

Stern topper prices do seem too high for something that is not limited (or very complex). Even now when they seem to realize the toppers should be more interactive 1000k plus is still a lot when you think for $60 to $100 bucks imaginex or Fischer price would be able to make something amazing (I know the production scale makes these cheaper). That said, I’m still waiting for Godzilla, Mandalorian, Rush toppers I just hope they shoot for Black Knight greatness and not Jurassic Park laziness (who knows, maybe the licensing ties their hands on some toppers)

#14666 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

So here's my opinion only because I am currently in the market for a Godzilla Premium. There are no NIB to be found at the $8999 MSRP shipped free and I won't pay 10k plus for a used premium.
However, if a deal were to come my way for a slightly used LE at 3000 over msrp of a premium, which would be 12k if I'm reading this correctly, I personally would take that deal only because it's an LE. I don't play my games much and want to have the best version if that opportunity presents itself. That's my rationale.
Summary: I personally would pay 12k for an LE in this particular instance and only on this specific game because I've played it and know I want this game in my small collection.
Best wishes
r/
Mike

I don’t think he said 3k over premium msrp, he said 3k over current asking price of premium which probably makes his LE 13k+ which is still a great deal right now as an LE would sell (pinball) fast now in the 15-16k range, maybe more. The only one sitting for any amount of time on pinside is in Canada at almost 17k.

#14667 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Best wishes
r/
Mike

Not sure I understand, I just checked 4 of my goto distros and they all have the Premium for MSRP, free shipping, and free tax depending on your location...granted you have to wait for production, or are you talking about in stock, right now? I would just put the order in and wait, I've never paid over MSRP for a pin

#14668 1 year ago

Looks great! Did you put extra figures on it?

Quoted from pinballjah:

Pretty happy with the $125 option . I guess this sets the pricing bar for the eventual Stern topper.
[quoted image]

#14669 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Not sure I understand, I just checked 4 of my goto distros and they all have the Premium for MSRP, free shipping, and free tax depending on your location...granted you have to wait for production, or are you talking about in stock, right now? I would just put the order in and wait, I've never paid over MSRP for a pin

Yes, definitely if you’re willing to wait that’s different. Also with the numbers being produced I’d think the premiums will eventually sell used below msrp. For LE’s if you miss the boat on initial sale, there’s not much choice. I just started buying 9 months ago which was a terrible time to get into pinball (price wise, not game wise) so I’m assuming I’ll eventually lose some money on at least half of my collection, but at least I’ll have fun in the mean time

#14670 1 year ago

Maybe this has been said before, so forgive me, but with GZ being a hit, it seems like it would be a great idea for Keith to do Kong next, no? I mean, there's so many people who would naturally be compelled to add that other monster game next to GZ. Plus, you'd think the license would be easy to get.

#14671 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Maybe this has been said before, so forgive me, but with GZ being a hit, it seems like it would be a great idea for Keith to do Kong next, no? I mean, there's so many people who would naturally be compelled to add that other monster game next to GZ. Plus, you'd think the license would be easy to get.

I would love that!!

#14672 1 year ago

I bet Keith knew his next theme well before Godzilla was even on the line. I would doubt they do a "sequel" or sister theme in consecutive titles just based on their development cadence.

#14673 1 year ago

I would love a Kong Skull Island, 70's vietnam war theme, classic Rock, helicopters, giant monsters...and of course Motherf'ing Samuel L. Jackson

#14674 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Not sure I understand, I just checked 4 of my goto distros and they all have the Premium for MSRP, free shipping, and free tax depending on your location...granted you have to wait for production, or are you talking about in stock, right now? I would just put the order in and wait, I've never paid over M

Current stock levels.
I'm a right now guy.
Had no intention of ever wanting this game because I don't resonate with Elwin titles and rule sets, code, etc...
However this game is fun and I can knock the ball around for a while without feeling pressure to do anything specific.
GNR is the same to me. All the reasons people take issue with some of GNRs modes or whatever it doesn't matter to me. Godzilla is in the same arena as it were.

I like Avengers as well. Also, a ton of this has to do with the art work of Jeremy Packer. The combo of those 2 on these 2 titles is a win for me.
r/
Mike

#14675 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I bought a Gz premium in stock for $8899 three weeks ago. It wasn’t easy to find but I did it. Also in the club that refuses to play over MSRP for a game in production.

#14676 1 year ago

What they need to do is have a King Kong that is interactive with Godzilla via Insider Connect. THAT would be revolutionary and could open up many possibilities of dueling players on different machines. Insider Connect has so much potential, and this would be the tip of the iceberg.

#14677 1 year ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

What they need to do is have a King Kong that is interactive with Godzilla via Insider Connect. THAT would be revolutionary and could open up many possibilities of dueling players on different machines. Insider Connect has so much potential, and this would be the tip of the iceberg.

That would be so cool. Like a separate Challenge Mode only available when both games are in the same gameroom or at the same location.

#14678 1 year ago

Kongzilla?

660px-Kongzilla_statue (resized).jpg660px-Kongzilla_statue (resized).jpg
#14679 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

That would be so cool. Like a separate Challenge Mode only available when both games are in the same gameroom or at the same location.

At first I was thinking this would be too much coding for something that would be used very little (because I was only thinking of people trying to link up remotely like the discussions about competing on line with ic ). This is actually much better because it’s two different games so the likelihood of a home or location having both to play together (if this was a reality) seems a lot greater… a good way to sell both games. You could do a similar thing with two of the same game but most homes or locations wouldn’t want two of the same game.

#14680 1 year ago

Curious if anyone has a way to clean the glass without leaving bad streaks. I've tried most of the "streak-free" products and various applicators, but still get them really bad. Thanks.

#14681 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I have an LE and have played premiums. Sure they play the same but the foil art, powdercoated armor, real back glass, HD glass and all the rest which you would likely add anyway are absolutely worth it and will ad up to that difference in price anyway. If you're going to pass please let me know, I have a friend who would be. Market on these is 15-16k currently.

Agree....I also have a LE and the overall superior feel and quality made the extra price easily worth it for me.

#14682 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Curious if anyone has a way to clean the glass without leaving bad streaks. I've tried most of the "streak-free" products and various applicators, but still get them really bad. Thanks.

Try 100% isopropyl alcohol - can usually buy it in a spray bottle from the hardware store.

#14683 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

I use glasses or laptop screen sprays that don't have any chemicals that'll erode the film of the glass. Then a good micro fiber cloth helps wiping it off without streaks

#14684 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Sparkle is what a worker at JJP said they use on the Invisiglass in the factory. I've been using that for years with microfiber towels and it works great. Wet towel and dry towel.

Amazon link:
https://a.co/d/cFLpP11

#14685 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Try 100% isopropyl alcohol - can usually buy it in a spray bottle from the hardware store.

Especially if he's cleaning the LE glass, pure alcohol can ruin the anti glare coating.

#14686 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Especially if he's cleaning the LE glass, pure alcohol can ruin the anti glare coating.

For PDI/invisiglass its actually recommended for it. Been using it forever on all varieties.

And on regular glass it also works well - there is nothing to ruin.

Edit: you can dilute it with water if you’re concerned.

#14687 1 year ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

Wow, this would force me to sell off more of my classics and buy another NIB pin. Wasn't necessarily planning on a new one for the foreseeable future.

#14688 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I think it’s ammonia you need to avoid with the anti glare

#14689 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

For PDI/invisiglass its actually recommended for it. Been using it forever on all varieties.
And on regular glass it also works well - there is nothing to ruin.

Quoted from mstang01:

Yeah, ammonia for sure. I've ruined eyeglasses with alcohol, so had that as part of my mantra for a while. but been 10-15 years since i did that so I might have been misremembering

#14690 1 year ago

I use these glass rags with an ammonia free cleaner, they work great.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=59

#14691 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Agree....I also have a LE and the overall superior feel and quality made the extra price easily worth it for me.

It’s that damn mirror backglass (and the foil artwork). You can pimp everything else out. I have to put pros/premiums on a different wall . Mainly the backglass though, The foil art and dagger shooter on HoH 40th looked amazing but I couldn’t pay that much for that upgrade.

#14692 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Ammonia is definitely a no go, and it’s in alot of commercial glass cleaners. Never had issues with isopropyl alcohol on any glass products. Great on phones also as it evaporates quickly.

#14693 1 year ago
Quoted from solzerid:

Two kaiju battles and you'll break it without much trouble. Try to get your carnage multiplier up before switching cities by lighting the inserts before moving. I hit 1 bil about a week in by a fluke but I managed to get a 5x carnage multiplier without knowing how.

Check this video out starting at 32:00. All about annihilation and carnage bonus. I go into detail on both.

#14694 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

I just use really soft microfiber cloths and 70% alcohol from supermarket in the big bottles (not the cheap ones) but something like these (see below)

It hasn't harmed my Invisiglass / HD Glass at all ( I have both)...I usually just go with a little alcohol right on the towel , make a couple passes..and then lightly flip the towel to the dry side...Up and down passes from the front to the back of the playfield versus circles.

My friends always comment my pins look like they have no glass at all in them

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-MIC_507_06-Professional-Microfiber/dp/B00BQYCKE8/ref=sr_1_3_sspa

or these

https://www.amazon.com/Microfiber-Cleaning-Cloth-Performance-Washes/dp/B08BRJHJF9/ref=sr_1_6

I used to use sprayway but that left streaks and paper towel is a no no. Any papertowel is really just fine wood pulp and the micro abrasions eventually haze and scratch up your glass...stay away from paper product glass cleaners

#14695 1 year ago

This and paper towels, no streaks and looks like no glass is on the machine

20220909_104819 (resized).jpg20220909_104819 (resized).jpg
#14696 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

This and paper towels, no streaks and looks like no glass is on the machine
[quoted image]

And it has the added bonus of smelling like elementary school!

#14697 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

I have been using invisible glass glass cleaner. Works great with limited streaks.
https://www.invisibleglass.com/

No ammonia. And safe on car tint.

#14698 1 year ago

I use spit and my elbow. Hello Godzilla

#14699 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I really like THAT topper…

#14700 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Premium owners with custom powder coat armor:
What color did you choose?
I saw just one example in the photo gallery for this thread. It’s “burnt orange,” apparently, although it looks like red.
Cab art is quite a mixture of hues, so no one trim color is obvious. I actually think something in the bronze- or even chestnut family would work. Also golden rod, a shade of yellow.

I went a different route with mine. This was called majestic purple from Prismatic Powders. As always, pictures don’t do it justice as it looks dark blue in some light and bright purple in others. I’m still waiting on the coin door to get here, which will really tie it all together. I wanted something to compliment the art work and I think this definitely checked that box!

1C407E1F-0828-4CE5-80AD-4BB8FA47E327 (resized).jpeg1C407E1F-0828-4CE5-80AD-4BB8FA47E327 (resized).jpeg2C18028D-77BC-4C9A-A2C4-EAA840AA4D10 (resized).jpeg2C18028D-77BC-4C9A-A2C4-EAA840AA4D10 (resized).jpeg4A5601B7-34A1-4E37-BA83-5A4976086A85 (resized).jpeg4A5601B7-34A1-4E37-BA83-5A4976086A85 (resized).jpegA5A34362-D823-4D10-9D89-400B5F91A71B (resized).jpegA5A34362-D823-4D10-9D89-400B5F91A71B (resized).jpegAA8F77FF-33D3-4E7B-82E3-8E36168EF58F (resized).jpegAA8F77FF-33D3-4E7B-82E3-8E36168EF58F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/294 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.