IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 544.
#6701 2 years ago
Quoted from mayo:

i cant find anymore Diddys teslas in the shop ...
sold out ?

I talked with him, and he said to mention you want one. He told me that there might be a few week wait on getting more, depending on how the other mods come along. Best bet is to contact him directly and ask.

#6702 2 years ago
Quoted from mayo:

i cant find anymore Diddys teslas in the shop ...
sold out ?

Pm me to get on the list

#6703 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It's an add on in the acrylic section

My kit arrived 5min ago. Yep. No skyline. My fault for not checking.

Is it tough to add the skyline later? In other words do I have to take everything apart again or is it an easy add on?

#6704 2 years ago

Harrison Drake did a twitch stream with Marco detailing a lot of stuff about the machine. He was pretty informative. If the link doesn't work search YouTube.

#6705 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

How did you attach the back right tower?
thx

Drill another hole closer to the left (players left) edge of the tower base.

#6706 2 years ago

Installed my flaming speaker lights today. All I can say is Bad Ass!

20220122_180048 (resized).jpg20220122_180048 (resized).jpg
#6707 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Is it tough to add the skyline later? In other words do I have to take everything apart again or is it an easy add on?

Almost EVERYTHING will have to come off if you already have the light kit installed. Nuts, speaker plates, plastic canvas (if you have it), hex posts, light frames AND the clear plastic spacer slats will have to be removed from the BOTTOM on each side. Best to just wait until you get the designs to do the install , if you haven't done it already, in my opinion.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Lower-Panel-Design-Mounting.html

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#6708 2 years ago

My LE arrived yesterday afternoon. #487
To say I'm enjoying this game is a huge understatement. Absolutely amazing.
IMG_20220122_164752111 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_164752111 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_165647637 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_165647637 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_171746611 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_171746611 (resized).jpg

#6709 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I made a post out of pull ties and haven't had any more problems. You make an L out of 2 tabs and feed it through the bottom. Then super gel glue to playfield bottom, holding in place with a toothpick until glue dries. Then cut off top leaving an inch or so.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wtatumjr just got around to getting ready to try this and in looking at the pics close up realized we're talking about two different areas: mine is the flat metal part on the loop at the very back middle of the machine. Haven't experienced a ball trap at the area you worked on.

#6710 2 years ago

My fix is for back side of Mecha targets. Sorry!

PXL_20220121_142646951 (resized).jpgPXL_20220121_142646951 (resized).jpg
#6711 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Is it tough to add the skyline later? In other words do I have to take everything apart again or is it an easy add on?</

[quoted image]

Nice! I can’t wait to get mine! They go so well with the theme! Doug knocked this design out of the park!

#6712 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

#6713 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

My LE arrived yesterday afternoon. #487
To say I'm enjoying this game is a huge understatement. Absolutely amazing.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome bud. What does it say was the production date?

#6714 2 years ago

EDIT: He says he's streaming new GZ premium beta code tonight! This is a first look anywhere, AFAIK.
EDIT EDIT: Yep, it's beta. Locked it up after giving it a beating for a while, seemingly right before Planet X mini-wizard mode. Still, update looks GREAT so far.

Karl DeAngelo (iepinball) is streaming Godzilla tonight at 7pm PST and giving away pinmonk quiet fan and pinmonk t-shirt prizes during the stream again. He's emphasizing on twitter the stream will be MORE Godzilla (bold his), so maybe appointment streaming even without the contest?

You have to get in within the first 30 minutes (by 7:30pm PST in this case) and make a guess for that night's contest, and when the thing that was guessed on is achieved, he awards the prizes to the people who nailed it or got closest (there's a tiebreaker wheel, too). Sometimes the question is as simple as a "yes/no" - so, easy. Prior contest questions have been like:

- Will Karl complete Escape Nublar? (JP stream)
- What will the highest destruction jackpot be? (GZ stream)

...etc. Type !contest once you're in twitch chat for iepinball to get the rules and entry form access.

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball
2022-01-22 (resized).jpg2022-01-22 (resized).jpg

#6715 2 years ago

Insider Connected QR scanner light went INOP. It occasionally has a dim flicker, but mostly dark now.. Anyone else have the problem or idea how to tackle?

20220122_213556 (resized).jpg20220122_213556 (resized).jpg
#6716 2 years ago

Wondering if anyone has figured out anything on how to avoid the right outlane drains other than nudging. Mine is brutal...if the ball even sniffs that area, it's gone 75% of the time.

#6717 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Wondering if anyone has figured out anything on how to avoid the right outlane drains other than nudging. Mine is brutal...if the ball even sniffs that area, it's gone 75% of the time.

Have you checked your playfield level with a physical level (NOT an app)?

#6718 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Awesome bud. What does it say was the production date?

October 5th

#6719 2 years ago

I have been getting a lot of messages regarding how the ball feeds with my roof mod installed. I created a short video that shows the difference between the stock roof plastics ball drop and the roof mod I created. With a slight offset to the left, the first ball hits near the end of the left flipper and the next two hit mid and upper left flipper. This spreads out the pinballs and keeps them from going SDTM off of the ball drop.

This mod is for sale in the pinside shop for $45 with shipping to the US, Canada, and Europe. All active orders have been shipped and I spent the past few days building up inventory. I have 38 roof mods boxed up and ready to go at the moment so if you would like one, I can ship it out right away. If you would like to order one, here is a link to the roof mod in the Pinside shop.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix

#6720 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you checked your playfield level with a physical level (NOT an app)?

The bubble is right in the middle. I've seen suggestions to raise it slightly on the right side. Maybe I'll try that.

#6721 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

The bubble is right in the middle. I've seen suggestions to raise it slightly on the right side. Maybe I'll try that.

Middle at both the top and bottom of the playfield?

#6722 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Insider Connected QR scanner light went INOP. It occasionally has a dim flicker, but mostly dark now.. Anyone else have the problem or idea how to tackle?
[quoted image]

Have you checked underneath to see if it’s just the white LED board that’s not working or loose wire.

#6723 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

How did you attach the back right tower?
thx

Double-sided tape. Works well and no issues after hundreds of plays.

#6724 2 years ago

Karl streamed the upcoming version of code last night:

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/v/1272942404?sr=a

It's amazing how good this game is already, and keeps getting better.

#6725 2 years ago

Hey all, for the pro owners. Does anybody know how to easily and safely remove the flat plastic mecha Godzilla plastic on the right side? Any details or instruction would be greatly appreciated.

#6726 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Double-sided tape. Works well and no issues after hundreds of plays.

I was thinking of going that route> Didn't want to drill a hole in the plastic.
thx

#6727 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Hey all, for the pro owners. Does anybody know how to easily and safely remove the flat plastic mecha Godzilla plastic on the right side? Any details or instruction would be greatly appreciated.

It's simple. Unplug the flasher connector from under the playfield and remove the playfield plastic that contains the stand-up from the top of the playfield. You'll need to remove a few nuts. Once the plastic is removed look on the underside and there are a couple of screws that hold the Mechagodzilla plastic in.

#6728 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

I was thinking of going that route> Didn't want to drill a hole in the plastic.
thx

Another approach someone mentioned was cut out a piece of thin flat plastic from say a milk jug, 3M tape or similar to connect to the Tesla tower base then drill the hole in the flat plastic.

#6729 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Another approach someone mentioned was cut out a piece of thin flat plastic from say a milk jug that sticks out beyond the base. 3M tape or similar to connect to the Tesla tower base then drill the hole in the flat plastic.

#6730 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Another approach someone mentioned was cut out a piece of thin flat plastic from say a milk jug, 3M tape or similar to connect to the Tesla tower base then drill the hole in the flat plastic.

Thx

#6731 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Almost EVERYTHING will have to come off if you already have the light kit installed. Nuts, speaker plates, plastic canvas (if you have it), hex posts, light frames AND the clear plastic spacer slats will have to be removed from the BOTTOM on each side. Best to just wait until you get the designs to do the install , if you haven't done it already, in my opinion.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Lower-Panel-Design-Mounting.html

I just have to say these look incredible even without the skyline. That being said I ordered the skyline.

As far as the install is concerned. It was very intuitive and the only annoying part was a side screw holding the lcd screen was partially stripped from the factory. It will be a breeze taking it apart once the acrylics show up.

If you didn't see the flaming speakers at pintastic trust me seeing them in person blows away the videos as I think this mod is a must have along with a shaker motor.

Also have to say the customer service from Doug is top notch and I'm now starting to think about getting a version for my Iron Maiden.

20220122_232350 (resized).jpg20220122_232350 (resized).jpg
#6732 2 years ago

The new beta code looks great! I don’t think I’ve seen this many multiballs since GNR. Can’t wait till mine comes in

#6733 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Middle at both the top and bottom of the playfield?

We just measured from the bottom. Is there any way to level the table to lessen those constant right outlane drains? It even does it on a soft plunge. Thanks.

#6734 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

The new beta code looks great! I don’t think I’ve seen this many multiballs since GNR. Can’t wait till mine comes in

And these are actually fun/rewarding multiballs... But the bulk of the battles being single ball modes, even the main/big scoring tier 2 battles, along with Rampage mode, is one of my favorite design feature though. The multiballs are all distinct in how you reach then and what the goals are. All extremely well done.

Super excited for the new code. City perks will be sweet for defeating Kaiju, and I really like the incentives to stay in a city and build up the annihilation and destruction jackpot values, so you really pump the new jackpot you collect once finally switching city (Catastrophe Jackpot? I forget what it was called already...).

I especially like the few extra reasons to hit the side loops (non-consecutively) more as well - a destruction jackpot multiplier at like 15 loops I think it was. I didn't see, but would enjoy if there was another multiplier at a higher loop count too like 30-45 or something - but I didn't get the impression there was.

The little Hedorah mini mode I didn't quite catch the details on, but switch hits build it and like annihilation jackpots it seems to stay running for the rest of the ball once started. This was already the best use of spinners/swtch hit modes in a pin that I can think of - every additional rule there is just icing on the cake. I haven't heard Keith say, but if one of his main goals with this game design wasn't to celebrate the pinball spinner, then I don't know how he stumbled into doing so so perfectly. I love the spinners here, as they're so often barely used on other designer's games.

#6735 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

[quoted image]

Ann one know if the flaming speaker kit is compatible with the LE since the speakers are different than the premium and pro?

#6736 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Ann one know if the flaming speaker kit is compatible with the LE since the speakers are different than the premium and pro?

Yes from what I believe, it works with the 4" and 5.25" speakers

#6737 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I have a Pinwoofer kit in mine, which would be the same speaker size as the LE. I don't think you will have any issues. The only issue I encountered was closing the speaker panel. Its now super tight, but the instructions warn of that, so it was expected.

#6738 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Yes from what I believe, it works with the 4" and 5.25" speakers

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I have a Pinwoofer kit in mine, which would be the same speaker size as the LE. I don't think you will have any issues. The only issue I encountered was closing the speaker panel.
Its now super tight, but the instructions warn of that, so it was expected.

Thank you for the reply guys, much appreciated. I thought that I had seen somewhere that there was some differences in the foam needed on the LE.

#6739 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

[quoted image]

Lift playfield and out a few inches. Look at left underside corner and unplug then plug back in as in picture. If it comes on brightly a milisec you need a new QR unit though the QR reader will still work.
PXL_20220123_202909669 (resized).jpgPXL_20220123_202909669 (resized).jpg

PXL_20220123_202909669~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220123_202909669~2 (resized).jpg
#6740 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

We just measured from the bottom. Is there any way to level the table to lessen those constant right outlane drains? It even does it on a soft plunge. Thanks.

If your bubble level on the playfield is dead center left to right, it's level.

Did you change out the factory rubber?

#6741 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Lift playfield and out a few inches. Look at left underside corner and unplug then plug back in as in picture. If it comes on brightly a milisec you need a new QR unit though the QR reader will still work.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Vertical plug receptacles there seems like a bad idea. Asking for long-term trouble with that sticking out perpendicular to the PF.

#6742 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It was great. He said he's streaming it again tonight as he only found 4/10 of the secret combos (in the practice game that didn't count for the contest), and wanted to make another run at Planet X wizard mode since the beta version locked up on the stream the first time he got there.

Here's a clip showing one of the new secret combos:
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/clip/ThoughtfulSpunkyLettuceCeilingCat-Pw-FXR_DOS3daGs8

Basically it's a ricochet off the maser cannon all the way across the playfield to the shooter lane/pop bumper area. I believe the bottom switch exiting the lane below the pop bumper is what completes the combo. Like a really extended deadpool snnnkkt shot up the ramp.

#6743 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I just have to say these look incredible even without the skyline. That being said I ordered the skyline.
As far as the install is concerned. It was very intuitive and the only annoying part was a side screw holding the lcd screen was partially stripped from the factory. It will be a breeze taking it apart once the acrylics show up.
If you didn't see the flaming speakers at pintastic trust me seeing them in person blows away the videos as I think this mod is a must have along with a shaker motor.
Also have to say the customer service from Doug is top notch and I'm now starting to think about getting a version for my Iron Maiden. [quoted image]

Thanks for this! I was going to order mine two weeks ago with his 5.25" kit because for me the sound upgrades as well as the lighting mean alot to me... I'd like to see how this looks with a set of the 5.25" speakers installed this way I can finally make my mind up and either keep 5.25 speakers visible with rings and flame kit and no foam, OR 5.25" covered with foam so I cant see the 5.25" speakers and the fire kit. Also like to see if I could add 5.25" lighting kit AND the flame kit so id have two sets of lights. Or if its possible to have the city scape while still showing the 5.25" speakers??

#6744 2 years ago

Stream today will be earlier at 2:30pm Pacific. Planet X should be on the menu this time!

#6745 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Thanks for this! I was going to order mine two weeks ago with his 5.25" kit because for me the sound upgrades as well as the lighting mean alot to me... I'd like to see how this looks with a set of the 5.25" speakers installed this way I can finally make my mind up and either keep 5.25 speakers visible with rings and flame kit and no foam, OR 5.25" covered with foam so I cant see the 5.25" speakers and the fire kit. Also like to see if I could add 5.25" lighting kit AND the flame kit so id have two sets of lights. Or if its possible to have the city scape while still showing the 5.25" speakers??

I have this video showing the LE speaker setup with one side bare and the other with the foam and plastic canvas. I've also done the same setup on the left with a type 13 light kit behind the speaker surround ring....it looked pretty good. I don't have a video of it. I also haven't done any videos of the city scape design with the speakers showing. Though....without the foam and plastic canvas you are not getting as much of the flame effect (as the light is not being spread throughout the middle area), but it's fine. When you add the city scape design you are not getting as much of the flame effect (because the lower part of the light strip where the "flames" originate are covered up), but it's fine. BUT....when you add both of the factors that are taking away from the flame effect.....is there really much flame effect left to see? Yeah....but not nearly as much.

#6746 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Thank you for the reply guys, much appreciated. I thought that I had seen somewhere that there was some differences in the foam needed on the LE.

NVM Doug addressed this above

#6747 2 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Stream today will be earlier at 2:30pm Pacific. Planet X should be on the menu this time!

Ahhh! Fakeout. I was watching the playoff games thinking I had plenty of time...

#6748 2 years ago

Any idea when the stern art blades will be for sale?

#6749 2 years ago

Ran into a weird bug today. Had 2 balls locked on the roof. Started Train Loops. Then shot the building for ball 3 locked. The building raised up to the top and released ball 3 below then launched 2 new balls for Godzilla multiball and left the 2 balls on the roof. Later in the game when I started a new round of locks it seemed to remember there were 2 balls already up there.

#6750 2 years ago

If your mechzilla goes Alien mode.. don't wait. Get to the screw before the mech comes apart.

image_from_ios (1) (resized).jpgimage_from_ios (1) (resized).jpg

Here's the setup.. the pan head screw holding the magnet can work free.

Image from iOS (4) (resized).jpgImage from iOS (4) (resized).jpg

It's kind of a PITA because that spring washer doesn't fit through the plastic shell easily, so if it escapes the magnet pole.. it's a PITA to get on the magnet, through the hole, and aligned with the coil at once. I had pulled it out, bent it a bit narrower.. and by not aligning it with the coil, I was able to get it halfway through the hole, and force it through with the magnet pole... then get it in the coil.

But note when trying to put the screw back in, you have to lift the coil (it's otherwise not supported) up some to get a nice squared fit for the screw. You can't hold the magnet to keep it from spinning either, but the spring washer is there I think to help get that tension for you. Recommend putting some locktite on the screw when you re-install it.

Probably easier if you took the mech off completely, but I didn't see an easy way to get to the screws holding mechzilla on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 35.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods
Toys/Add-ons
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Laguna Niguel, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.