Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcvetyty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10980 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Can someone explain in plain English the Godzilla Powerup - Level Summary. I've noticed while I play different Godzilla levels but not sure what is going on.
Thanks Martin

Not sure how the English can get any plainer than whats written in the rules...

Completing select tasks throughout the game will add arrows to the Godzilla Power-Up meter, which can be cashed out for rewards at the scoop and add 300,000 points to end-of-ball bonus. These can be collected from:

Making a Super Secret Skill Shot - +2
Completing a Tier 1 Kaiju Battle - +2 for 1st try, +1 otherwise
1st City conquered - +2
Super Jackpot during Godzilla & Jet Jaguar VS. Megalon & Gigan - +1
Starting Powerline Attack - +1
Winning Tesla Strike - +2
Starting Bridge Attack Multiball - +1
Starting Tank Attack Multiball - +1
Collecting a Destruction Jackpot - +1
Enter a new City through City Select - +1
Collecting a City Combo - +1
Super Jackpot during Godzilla Multiball - +1
Starting Mechagodzilla Multiball - +1
Starting Saucer Attack Multiball - +2
Starting Jet Fighter Attack - +1
Winning Jet Fighter Attack - +1
27, 39, 51, etc. Jet Fighters defeated - +1
Starting Monster Rampage - +2
Lit Super Spinner - +1
Consecutive loops - +1 for 3 loops, +2 for 9?
Tail Whips - +2
3, 20, 30, 40, etc. Trains - +2
Collecting a Mystery Award - +1
Collecting 5 Secret Combos - +2

4 weeks later
#11799 1 year ago

Latest rules are amazing, love how this game keeps getting better... That said, I am still **really** hoping for some UI adjustments before 1.0.. Specifically,

1. Your status in terms of tanks/Kaiju battle/bridge progress/power line should ALWAYS be visible on the screen. There should be an overlay with this information on all videos, etc... Something on the right side of the screen similar to JP would be perfect.

2. In addition to the above, this information also needs to be visible/accessible during city select. It's very difficult to make a strategic decision on whether to stay or leave a city without this information.

Keith/Rick, if you're reading this please don't let Stern release 1.0 without these quality of life improvements!!

#11804 1 year ago
Quoted from Thefuge:

Could people who can hit the scoop consistently please post a picture of how your flipper bats are aligned?
Thanks from a sucker who cant hit the scoop.
I aligned to the points like i do all my other machines, but I THINK it should be lower to hit the scoop.
So please guys (who can do scoop shots like a sniper) post dem bats!

My guess is it has less to do with your flipper angles, and more to do with your playfield angle. I keep mine at 7 degrees and can hit it fairly consistently.

1 week later
#12332 1 year ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Newbie questions as I picked up a Pro this past weekend. When you get the Multiball that starts by the bridge with the magnet to the left of it, when the other two balls kick out are they also supposed to lock on the magnet for a few seconds before all three balls drop? I've had that happen a few times and then other times the balls kick out and just knock the first ball off. Just curious how it's supposed to be the majority of the time.

I assume you're referring to Godzilla multi-ball. If so, yes, having the magnet hold all three balls and drop simultaneously is the intended functionality, but this change was JUST introduced in the last code version and isn't very consistent for many as you have noticed. Prior to .97 code, it would drop the ball first and then plunge the other two.

It's very possible this functionality will improve in future code releases, but if you want to try on your own you can attempt to fix by:

-Making sure your machine is level side-to-side and at about 6.8-7.0 pitch.
-Replacing balls with ones that are more prone to magnet activity.
-Close the 'gap' between the rail to the left and the magnet (if you search this thread there are lots of posts explaining how to do this).
-Playing with your plunge power (found under the adjustments) to ensure plunged balls reach the magnet consistently.

#12340 1 year ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Yes that's correct the Godzilla multi-ball. Good to know it's supposed to do that as I'm running the latest .97 code. Are we finding it better to be at a higher pitch for this pin then the 6.5 as I have all my pins set at that pitch but can certainly raise it higher if that's recommended? Also what are you setting your plunger power to as mine has been fine so I haven't adjusted it yet?

I guess pitch is more of a personal preference.. I keep my games around 6.8-7.00 as I find its easier to hit the far playfield shots (left spinner and scoop/bumper in this case). But now that I think it through, I guess you'd have better odds of hitting the magnet on plunge the lower incline so if you're at 6.5 and thats what you like then disregard my pitch comment .

Auto plunge is adjustment #150, and mine is set to factory setting which also happens to be 150.

#12342 1 year ago

I asked this in the mod thread, but no replies yet in a few days so I wanted to poll the general population here..

Does anyone have this mechagodzilla mod and can speak to its quality?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1016-lermods/06715-godzilla-pinball-pro-illuminated-mechagodzilla

Thanks!

#12448 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

THIS is the number 1 problem with GZ. On mine it will hold it fine, but at the last second will shift slightly to the right and make the loop nearly impossible to hit. I’m no engineer (toxicologist), but I feel that this could be fixed by changing either the strength or the pulse of the magnet. +1000 points for anyone who solves this problem. I have had multiple 10 billion + potential games ruined by not getting a consistent drop from the magnet where it isn’t at the tip of the flipper. First-world pinball player problems I know… but still!

Similar to others, mine also does a last second pulse to the left in order to make the flip easier. If yours is going right then it sounds like you might have an issue.

2 weeks later
#12808 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I understand that with 0.97 Pro, the Godzilla MB is supposed to start by locking 3 balls on the Magna Grab. Mine definitely does not do this - I get one ball locked from the Building, but the other 2 just whiff entirely. Anybody know what settings need to be adjusted to accommodate for this?
Or is it like Thing Flips/Phantom Flip where it has to learn?

Either a result of your plunger power being too lower, or pitch being too high. Dial these things in and you will be in business.

#12983 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

…I use the PinGuy app…

There’s your first mistake. That app is a piece of crap. You might as well use the bubble level. Spend the $25 measly dollars and get this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NPJGL0

#13196 1 year ago

This may already be covered in a different thread but I have a question about the home game room connect changes that just got released. Does anyone know if these changes mean you only need one scanner to now use connecte on multiple machines for anyone designated as “home team”?

2 weeks later
#13972 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

...there is a PRO on location near me that's flawless and the ball goes around the top left flipper every time the ball is launched nice and smooth.

If this is true (and I question that heavily), then know that this is not expected behavior, so don't try to replicate it at home. That skill shot is supposed to be pretty difficult to hit and certainly not something that should happen regularly on full or auto-plunge.

1 week later
#14445 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Getting really frustrated with wallop shot going SDTM, I turned my ball saves up to 3 but that's the max. I guess I just need to try and not hit that shot but a double super jackpot shot that immediately drains the ball is kind of a bummer to me.

I'm sure you've already played with your leveling, but just an anecdote to give you hope - my wallop shot only 25% aims for STDM, so the two ball saves you are awarded seem generous on my machine. The majority of the time the wallop is easily savable by the left flipper for me.

1 week later
#14753 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You have to survive the whole mode. It’s very long. And no shots during that work you towards anything else in the game.
Starts on the left ramp and goes around all the major shots on the playfield. They are all on a 10-15 second timer. Very hard to survive to the end of that mode.

Just cradle and ignore it until its over..

#14851 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question for those who have installed Stumblor's (Davey's) scoop sign.
Got it installed and it looks amazing and everything works perfectly fine.
Question is: there's an additional wire that can be used to link into the GI such that when GI goes off, the sign also goes off (or dims?, not sure). Anyway, sounds like this is an additional feature that can be implemented on this mod and I'm wondering if anyone has done this yet and if they prefer it to the sign being on all the time (or vice versa).

Looks like that’s part of the most recent firmware update?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod/page/17#post-7116094

1 week later
#15228 1 year ago

Now that we've reached version 1.0, I would imagine Pinball Browser will begin supporting Godzilla and we'll be able to get some custom sound/song code circulating..

1 week later
#15448 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

So now that we are 1.0 which I have heard means 'feature complete' and 'every light on the playfield is programmed', I am wondering if I missed something somewhere.
The Mothra Light says "Light Outlanes" - notice the S on Outlane, meaning more than one.
I thought I saw a post or heard a podcast once that asked Keith about this because Mothra just seems to light the left outlane with a ball save. I also thought I remember the response from Keith was, "just wait for the new code".
Was there ever code put in that has Mothra light more than one (both) outlanes and I missed it?

I don't think you're going to get much more than speculation here on Pinside. I asked the same question on Tiltforums where it seems the dev team frequents and actually engages with the community, but didn't get a response. My assumption is the playfield art was printed before the rules & scoring were complete/tested and they came to the conclusion that lighting both outlanes would be OP so just went with Mothra.

#15491 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why would you throw a cliffy on an outlane switch?

... Because your ball is going to get stuck in that gigantic hole every time it goes down the outlane?

#15568 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

You’ll get a different answer from everyone. Mine is shaker motor, invisiglass, speaker upgrade. I don’t like playfield mods generally. But many people like to put doo dads all
Over it.
Edit: I do like the stern art blades, too, since they match the game well

I’m thinking some version of HD glass or Invisiglass is the next mod/enhancement I’ll explore with my machines.. is one of these brands better than another? Is there a preferred source for purchase that you have?

#15571 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I've found it very time-consuming and often challenging to get to all the rubbers for a swap-out, and so I've rarely done this, but I'm new to this hobby. Can someone help clarify the reason for doing so? I've typically been able to clean them and rotate them in place to spread the wear around. I think I read that some rubbers are less dirt-creating in the first place; is that the primary reason for a full swap?

I’m in a similar boat, but can at least provide the context - many believe the stern rubbers are more cheaply made and break down easier which is what causes a lot of the playfield “dirt” and marks that require additional cleaning. To me, I just end up cleaning the playfield more and only changing the flipper rubbers.

#15678 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Stupid/newb question: is there a way to turn on sound during attract mode?

Nope.. Stern doesn't do attract sounds anymore.

1 week later
#15959 1 year ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Just received my GZP after nearly a year! Question on the setup, I think the bubble level on thr playfield is off, It showed the front legs needing to go all the way up and back all the way down. Thats not right, I have a SW sitting right next to it that is normal. How often are the bubble guides off? I cant see where it is off, looks like it’s installed correctly but certainly is off. I don't have a playfield gauge, maybe I need one.

Search is your friend.. Someone had this exact same post. Here it is for reference:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/284#post-7094621

But yes, regardless, you should never ever use the bubble. It is worthless. Spend $20 and buy a digital level.

1 week later
#16240 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Been a long wait (15 months) and a strange journey (HW->UM->GZ) but tomorrow is the scheduled delivery, finally! Last slot in our basement game room!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Jealous. I want a Rick and Morty. How does it play?

1 week later
#16511 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

After the last update you can choose between different songs for GZ MB. Am I the only one who thinks that these songs are all a bit too quiet in comparison to the rest of the sounds and callouts (I normally play on volume 7 or 8 and I can barely hear them clearly)? Is there any setting to turn up their volume? Just checked the settings but couldn´t find anything.
Thanks!

No, everyone thinks this. It will likely be fixed in the next release.

#16527 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Perfect, I have some other stuff I need from those guys anyway, will add in replacements to swap out. Thanks!

If it isn't too late, get a handful of these as well:

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-34-coil-sleeve.html

They take about 3 additional seconds to swap out once you have the stops removed, and if you've already had shavings come off then there's a good chance your existing sleeves are filled with metal and causing friction, so just replace them!

#16631 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

What do you use to check pitch? People say 6.5 but how do you know it is?

a digital level from Amazon.

#16743 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Anyone have any nice apron cards? I’d like to replace the insider connect card

You are welcome to use my Pin Golf card if you'd like..

1(2) (resized).jpg1(2) (resized).jpg
#16769 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

You can tell which one it is because the little nipple part will be loose.

Regardless of which one is broken, you should 100% replace all three of them while you are doing it. It's a 3 minute job. And while you are at it, definitely also replace the coil sleeves inside - that gold dust is now causing a ton of friction inside of this plastic tube.

https://www.pinballlife.com/2-316-coil-sleeve.html

1 week later
#17024 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Good idea that probably should have been obvious. It's my first pin and read all of the things I need to do to protect it. Would much rather just have it play well.

Another cause could be your playfield pitch.. If its too shallow it will more easily bounce right out. You should be at 6.5-7 degrees (I aim for 6.8), and don't rely on that crappy bubble or iPhone app - buy a digital level from Amazon.

#17043 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

If you want to try to do it yourself, it isn’t hard at all and can save a ton of money for the same quality as a $400 kit, but kits will be slightly easier.
$80 on Amazon gets you a full high quality replacement. Here’s a buy list with some instructions: http://bit.ly/sternaudio
Definitely recommend either way!

Whoa! This link was super helpful.. Had no idea it was this simple (and cheap - especially today with cyber Monday deals going on) to do this... I might pull the trigger on the first column option and see how it goes.. Have you done this? For a non-audiophile, would I notice a significant difference between stock and column A?

#17197 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

I'm sure this is a dumb question (please be kind!), but with respect to code updates I'm a few updates behind. If I want to catch up to the newest code, can I just install the latest update or do I need to install every incremental update between my current code (which is just two versions behind) and the most recent one?
Thanks!

You don't have the option to do it any other way.. Stern removes previous version of code. Only the latest is available.

#17198 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

If anyone is still interested in the expensive, high quality ABE FLIP FIX, you can now officially order it from a German shop.
The item is called "Skillshot Optimierer"
https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=3475053479[quoted image]

Annd whats an Abholpreis vs a Versandpreis?

#17294 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is this splice common on all the wire forms coming from the helix ? I just noticed it last night while installing new ring kit .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep! Looks like crap, but common.

2 weeks later
#17803 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Merry Christmas!
So I’ve done research in the thread and see some references to magna grab not catching a direct, powerful hit. I’m having that. The magnet seems to work well in all other respects. Anyone have a fix for that? Or ideas? I don’t want to mess too much with the magnet as my imposter and all other drops like disaster jackpot seem well tuned. It came to me this way. Am I clear that the correction function is to catch every ball when the magna grab light is on? And I believe “light magna” is at the right inlane, but should it catch it right from that inlane?

No, this is normal behavior. The magnet frequently doesn’t catch direct hits.

#17808 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Any advice out there?
On the fence here and need someone to push me off
Pro vs Premium vs LE?
Would you rather have a Godzilla Pro + 007 Pro or would you take a Godzilla LE? Would you rather have two Pros or Godzilla LE?

You're going to get an overwhelming amount of people advocate for the premium, but I much prefer the pro. The building is cool for a short period of time, but I feel like it loses its appeal after a while and slows down the game. Plus, if you look at the last 20+ pages just on here you'll see a bunch of people having all sorts of issues related to it. It's just not worth it to me - I'd rather have a fast playing pro.

#17836 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

i honestly wish the magna grab was quicker to let go too.

You control when the manga grab releases.. you are supposed to release it as it’s swinging to launch it back behind the upper flipper for an imposter award.

#17845 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Are you serious? Mine doesn't swing that much, I think (pro). I've never tried to accomplish that.

Completely serious. It’s definitely not easy, but from the rules:

“Release a ball from the Magna-Grab by pressing both flippers at the right time; every loop shot following a Magna-Grab will be worth 5x its normal value.

Alternatively, time the release of the ball so that it enters the left spinner, and one of a series of Imposter Battle awards will be scored in the following order:

15M & Light Ally
20M & +1% Annihilation Bonus
30M & +1x Destruction Jackpot
250M (!)
Imposter Battle can also be scored by quickly shooting the left spinner after the ball releases from the Magna-Grab.”

Regardless.. if you’re waiting for the game to drop it each time then, yes, that’s long enough to drive a person insane.

4 weeks later
#18498 1 year ago
Quoted from Hipgnosis:

Hey all. I've been lurking for a while and finally signed up. I'm a long-time owner of a Guardians of the Galaxy Pro and introduced myself to that thread last night, but (more exciting!) I picked up a Godzilla Pro a few months ago and love the game. After combing through the mods pages, I came to the conclusion of what I wanted to upgrade Godzilla: 3d Godzilla and Mechazilla figurines, shaker motor, 3d Kaiju battle sign, and quiet fan (man, those Stern fans!) I really want a new flying saucer and a Drake building upgrade but can't seem to find them on sale for a reasonable price. I'll probably pick up side blade art, too, but one important fact about my games: they're located in AirBNBs we run, so I can't play or get to them all the time. Thus why the Godzilla Pro instead of premium, and why I'd hesitate on something like side art: it'll go largely unappreciated, except when I visit. That leads to a couple questions:
1. Must-have mods in your book that I've missed, keeping in mind I only get to play it intermittently, or am I already overdoing this?
2. Routine or preventive maintenance I really shouldn't miss since my games will be played most often by pinball beginners and kids?
3. Now the big question: I've decided I want a pin I can use at home! Thoughts on "doubling-up" with a pin I already have, albeit that I only see intermittently? Godzilla Premium comes to mind. OR would you buy a different machine (like a Jurassic Park Premium)?
1st world problems, I know.

1) By 3D kaiju battle sign, I assume you mean this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod and if not, then I would get it instead!
3) I would definitely diversify so that you can swap them out at some point and rotate them through your house. JP is a fantastic game and highly recommend it as your third!

1 week later
#18703 1 year ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

Ok thanks for the information, I had indeed also found this kit. I am looking for a solution that allows me to keep my warranty at first.

There is no other way. Every pinball machine that comes into my house has this fan replaced day one. Sterns warranty warning is a scare tactic - your machine will definitely still have its warranty, just not the power supply which is only a $200 replacement worst case scenario.

2 weeks later
#18983 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I reset mine gmail and..

The hell does that mean?

2 weeks later
#19284 1 year ago
Quoted from Furdog:

Question: I put a Deposit down with a Distributor for a Godzilla Premium in October when the price was $ 8,999 and my machine is finally ready to deliver, but the Distributor is now charging me $ 9,499 b/c the price increased as of January 1st. Do that seem fair? Any feedback is appreciated... Thanks!

Fair? No. Standard? Yes. That's the way this industry works and all dealers work.

#19300 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

What other modern games have that alternate game/challenge mode at startup? AIQ have that too?

Most modern Sterns have this to some extent. Yes, AIQ does. Rush has an amazing one. TMNT has one as well as cooperative mode (where each player shares the same progress through the game/modes) which I just can't understand why is not standard on all machines.. I thought it was a no-brainer when it came out on TMNT.

#19355 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Just curious why people are paying 10k plus for a used premium when you can preorder one for 9500 delivered?

because for some people, $500 is a small price to pay for the instant gratification of receiving your machine before the next run…

#19414 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

I recently leveled the game with a digital meter, if i recall around 7.8

There's your problem chief..

1 week later
#19579 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

In the Heddorah smog monster mode, it says to hit the switches or light switches to increase value then shoot a green arrow. Dumb question: what do I do with the switches to increase value? Which switches?

A 'switch' in pinball is anything that registers once the ball interacts with it. This can be any standup target, any rollover, any drop target, any rotations of a spinner, any pop bumper hit, literally anything. Many modes count the number of "switch hits" which just means start shooting the ball around and hitting things. Typically the most popular way to get a bunch is to rip through a spinner.

3 weeks later
#20204 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Hello, I know people’s thoughts on the value of mods can vary, but does anyone think the Stumblor Tokyo Neon sign mod is not worth $221 USD? Seems pricey for such a small item.

100% worth it.. That said, I do think he should consider making a lite version that perhaps doesn't have the wifi connectivity - I assume that wifi chip is adding $50 or so, but I might be wrong..

1 week later
#20521 12 months ago
Quoted from Mars2903:

n day 3 of running the machine and I have a strange problem that I will get a video/audio recording of in a few days. After the game is completed, after baby godzilla blows a smoke ring I get a single super loud audio pop noise. It isn't every single time but I am sure I will be able to record it. I search this forum and there is a reference in the Bond group that a 'Digital Knocker' is a possible cause to a similar report. Anyone have advice on this? If so I will look for digital knocker in the menu.

Yes, this is 100% the knocker.. That noise is the intended functionality if you get the match, a replay, or a free credit. If you don't care for it, you can turn it off in the adjustments. Standard Adjustment #44 I believe.

#20574 11 months ago
Quoted from CaptiveJet:

Looking for some advice. The building opto works intermittently which is pretty annoying since it is, of course, what triggers the magna-ball-flinger, Godzilla multiball, and Destruction Jackpot.

Are you sure you fully understand the functionality here? From my understanding the opto does NOT **trigger** the things you stated.. It's the switch in the playfield that triggers them. The opto is responsible for determining the direction the ball is going (in or out) but the switch is responsible for triggering the events and how it knows whether the ball actually made it through the building all the way or not.

There are certain modes where you don't have to go all the way through to get credit for them. For example, jet fighter registration, rampage shot registration are two that I know of. As far as I know the opto is responsible for this.

#20577 11 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I might be wrong, but I'd think it would be reading both switches. If the wallop lane registers without the entrance opto registering first then the game would think the wallop lane shot through the back of the building was hit.
If the entrance opto registers and is followed by the wallop lane switch then the game would think the shot went through the building and turns on the magnet.

Yes, I guess you're both right - both switches have to play a part in determining which way the ball is going, so OP you're probably onto something that the opto on yours is having an issue.

#20579 11 months ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

I am having trouble activating Planet X following the latest update. I play tank multiball and bridge multiball, activate tesla strike, and do a kaiju battle. But then nothing. It should be an option in City select, right? Do I need to progress through those 4 activities a certain degree? I have double checked that the default’Easy’ planet X is the game setting. Thanks in advance

Sounds like you may be missing the last step:

- Leave Tokyo and light "Select City" again

Are you doing that?

#20581 11 months ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

Not sure I did that. Will give it a try. You’re saying to leave and go to New York or wherever, then shoot the scoop again even without doing a kaiju there?

Correct.. You have to go to another city, and then you need to qualify Select City by hitting both ramps, and then once you hit the scoop after that you should have the option to do Planet X.

#20601 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

So I finally opened up my game to take a few pics of the shooter rod. Shame on Stern. Honestly, this is pathetic. The rod tip is almost a half inch away from the ball and it hits to the right. This is definitely why the ball hits and bounces around in the Mecha-zilla area.
I ordered a new shooter rod from Reflex Mods. Not only does it look cool, he said that it is longer than the stock Stern and will rest right up to the ball. I'll post a picture after I receive it and get it installed.
Pic 1 - The rods distance from the ball.
Pic 2 - The rod pushed up against the ball so you can see how far off center it is.
Pic 3 - The Reflex Mods shooter I purchased.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can't speak to your first qualm, but your second can be fairly variable simply based on how you last put the playfield down. Have you tried raising it and lowering it with some additional pressure to the right? This will likely center the plunger.

2 weeks later
#20911 11 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Clockwise spin comes from a *left* flipper shot, either from the lower left into the spinner or from the upper flipper into the loop. As the ball rolls leftwards against the top edge, it will pick up clockwise spin or reinforce what it has already.
It's a *right* flipper shot into the spinner that's bad, since the counterclockwise spin imparted by a right flipper conflicts with the clockwise spin that the ball will pick up moving leftwards against the top edge and that the upper flipper will impart during its stroke. It's unpredictable which will win and that's how you get a sloppy and skittish feed to the upper flipper. On Godzilla, a right flipper -> spinner shot should almost always be let drop past the upper flipper, since the counterclockwise spin will bring it to control on the lower left.
Rush, Led Zep, and Jurassic Park have the same deal in mirror image. Shooting those spinners from the left means you get the conflicting-spin situation against the top side of the spinner lane. Shooting them from the right makes the spins add up for more predictable behavior when it gets to the upper-right flipper.
The spin situation is part of why Iron Maiden feels so cool to shoot - both orbits when shot forehand give the proper spin when arriving at the respective upper flippers.
Re the last post above this one - yeah I get balls stuck at the back of the loop on my GZ too. I was praying it wouldn't happen while I was shooting that 800M-per-loop sequence!

I'm sorry, but I find it unlikely that any residual/directional ball spin from the lower flipper would still be present after the ball has traveled the entire playfield length north to the spinner, around behind the building, and then to the upper flipper. That is just not possible.

1 month later
#22417 10 months ago
Quoted from mcubed:

I updated this afternoon, and was playing tonight. At the end of my last game, the machine locked up, basically the start and action buttons did nothing. So, I powered it off and back on, and got a node 1 not found error. Rebooted again, same error. Turned it off, checked all the connections for all node boards (everything seemed tight), and let it sit for 30 minutes. Powered up, so far its back to normal. I'm not sure if it's related to the new release or not, I've had the game (premium, NIB) a couple months and play 15ish games a day, never had any problems before.[quoted image]

Just saw your screenshot and had to laugh as I was lucky enough to get the original IC username "Tyler" -> looks like you were the second to try to register it!

#22419 10 months ago
Quoted from Mlkmet88:

Uploaded software version V1.06 last night played first game this moring and langauge is now in Japanese. Some shout-outs are in English, but most are in Japanese language. Checked my settings they were set to English language. Now see a Stern email stating new code 1.07 availble to fix bugs from V1.06. this must have been one of the bugs.

Well there is an option at the beginning of every game before you plunge to have voiceovers be in either English or Japanese.. Are you sure you didn't just accidentally toggle it over?

#22589 10 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I had the exact same wiring error on my GZ. Must be the same employee on the line up to their old tricks! I bought this molex set and just replaced the miswired connector which was the one on the side of the leds.
amazon.com link »
Option 2, here is an email I got from stern support about how to pop out the wires. I tried it but didn’t work out hence my prior solution.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Whenever a support email starts with "All you need to do is..." you know you're in for a real tough time..

1 month later
#23741 8 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

I always get a center drain when I miss the right ramp and it rolls backward to center drain. Is this normal. Table is level.

Yes. Don’t miss your shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcvetyty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=mcvetyty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.