PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 548.
#15401 1 year ago

Thanks, just ordered them.

Quoted from mostater:

I've used 6" spring clamps with towels/rags draped over the side cabinet for protection. Works great amazon.com link »

#15402 1 year ago

Is the playfield he’d up by resting on the clamp?

Quoted from mostater:

I've used 6" spring clamps with towels/rags draped over the side cabinet for protection. Works great amazon.com link »

#15403 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Good video from Cary Hardy on this method…

#15404 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Yes, it will rest on the inner handle of the clamp. When positioning the clamp, I make sure to avoid wires, etc... It may help to have another person tilt the playfield up (or spot you) while setting it up, but it's not necessary. I've found it relatively easy to do by myself.

#15405 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

hey guys,
do you know what the left slingshot plastic part number is? it's not in the manual online.

It's labeled -04, cheers

#15406 1 year ago

Thanks for posting this.

Quoted from ridlar:

#15407 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The supper spinner sound effects when you hit the spinner after using a heat ray are pretty solid, but yeah.

I have to say my favorite spinner sound is from Class of 1812.

#15408 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I have to say my favorite spinner sound is from Class of 1812.

the Led Zeppelin Spinner for me

#15409 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

the Led Zeppelin Spinner for me

Meteor spinner!

#15410 1 year ago

Is there a quick and easy way to disable ALL ball saves without going through every mode and decreasing the timer in the settings. I just want them all off for a tournament. Thanks

#15411 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Is there a quick and easy way to disable ALL ball saves without going through every mode and decreasing the timer in the settings. I just want them all off for a tournament. Thanks

I don't think so. I noticed in the settings you can lower but not disable the ball save.

#15412 1 year ago

"Target game time" also feeds into how long (and when) ball saves are awarded. Be sure to dial that down too.

#15413 1 year ago
Quoted from wywin:

"Target game time" also feeds into how long (and when) ball saves are awarded. Be sure to dial that down too.

Where is that one?

#15414 1 year ago
Quoted from mr9865:

I don't think so. I noticed in the settings you can lower but not disable the ball save.

Noticed the same

#15415 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Where is that one?

Standard adjustment #58 as of the 1.0 code. Factory value is 1:45

#15416 1 year ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Shout out to Steve at Pinball Refinery for hooking up my premium with this powder coat job near identical to the LE.
Swapping out to red flipper buttons, adding Wizblades, Flaming speaker panels and tesla towers but lawd she getting pretty.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks great! I have a Prem coming in a trade soon and working with Steve on my powder. Question, did you replace the T-molding yourself? where did you buy and was it easy?

#15417 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

looks great! I have a Prem coming in a trade soon and working with Steve on my powder. Question, did you replace the T-molding yourself? where did you buy and was it easy?

Check arcade sites for T molding - lots of options
And yes, easy

#15418 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Clean out channel when you remove old molding, and notch out corners. Pretty easy job, was the first time I switched out

#15419 1 year ago

Just installed T-molding today, really easy. Goes great with Steve's (MI Pinball Refinery) finish.

2022-10-06 15.13.52.jpg2022-10-06 15.13.52.jpg2022-10-06 15.15.00.jpg2022-10-06 15.15.00.jpg
#15420 1 year ago

Talking about spinners... THIS happened today.

20221006_190044 (resized).jpg20221006_190044 (resized).jpg
#15421 1 year ago

So my left building post is not registering at all. I removed it and all the wiring and soldering is good. All other switches in the game are working and the switch is not touching or stuck closed. Any idea what else to check?!

#15422 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

So my left building post is not registering at all. I removed it and all the wiring and soldering is good. All other switches in the game are working and the switch is not touching or stuck closed. Any idea what else to check?!

Short out the 2 wires to the switch after putting pin in switch test. If that works switch is bad. If nothing happens
trace wires back and check for continuity using meter set to ohms.

#15423 1 year ago

So when is the saucer shots actually counted? I'm still confused of what light means what on saucers cause it's constantly changing, flashing, and so on. At first I though green meant the shots were counting for the adding up saucers destroyed, but then theres yellow, flashing, and so on... so what is the actual indicator that I should be attacking that saucer and going for those extra balls

#15424 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Talking about spinners... THIS happened today.
[quoted image]

Oh my!

#15425 1 year ago
Quoted from avspin:

Just installed T-molding today, really easy. Goes great with Steve's (MI Pinball Refinery) finish.
[quoted image][quoted image]

awesome! who isn’t using Pinball refinery?! lol! Steve’s awesome! Deciding between gold/red/orange or deep blue/purple

#15426 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So when is the saucer shots actually counted? I'm still confused of what light means what on saucers cause it's constantly changing, flashing, and so on. At first I though green meant the shots were counting for the adding up saucers destroyed, but then theres yellow, flashing, and so on... so what is the actual indicator that I should be attacking that saucer and going for those extra balls

I believe it pop requires 5 hits then it will light the insert to destroy a saucer. You can shoot up the right inlane to destroy 2 saucers in this scenario as well.

I think you can also light for an attack by the rollover switch underneath the saucer. Someone will have to confirm this though. I’m not sure if that lights it or just counts as a “hit”

#15427 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Short out the 2 wires to the switch after putting pin in switch test. If that works switch is bad. If nothing happens
trace wires back and check for continuity using meter set to ohms.

Thanks. It was indeed a bad switch.

#15428 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I just installed M&M Creations GZ Gate MRS and this is well worth it guys. I haven't missed a signal skill shot and took all of ten minutes to install. Also what I did was mask off underneath with some blue painters tape, then sprayed the black bracket metallic silver just to make it look uniformed with the ball guides and such.
Here it is installed, like I said if you didn't already order one you most definitely should. No more cheated out on skill shots.
If you interested in buying one contact Sonic here on Pinside.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'll offer another ringing endorsement for this mod. Zero unregistered skill shots and impostor collects since installing.

#15429 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I'll offer another ringing endorsement for this mod. Zero unregistered skill shots and impostor collects since installing.

#15430 1 year ago

^

#15431 1 year ago

Yeah. It’s a must imo, get the $5 magnet shield if go have pinwoofers and you get the lower mecha switch.

I think you want to do both at the same time if you are above 500 to 1000 plays. Seems to take some time for you to get good enough to realize you need it or machine wear. Not sure which one.

#15432 1 year ago

“I’ll just play one game before bed,” thinking I’ll have a typical 5-10 minute game, only to end up playing for 30+ minutes, beating my GC score (1,260,000,000+) and getting the largest carnage bonus I’ve ever achieved (174 million). I gotta stop doing that.

#15433 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Yeah. It’s a must imo, get the $5 magnet shield if go have pinwoofers and you get the lower mecha switch.
I think you want to do both at the same time if you are above 500 to 1000 plays. Seems to take some time for you to get good enough to realize you need it or machine wear. Not sure which one.

Magnet shield?

#15434 1 year ago

When the insert that says "Saucer Attack" is flashing blue, then it's time to attack saucer. It's on a timer and goes away if you don't hit it.

#15435 1 year ago
Quoted from ridlar:

who cares about Keith's tied for worst game dudes? Really! JP is Elwin's HURRY UP release, just like Jack Danger's weak, rushed, and unrefined first effort. It's almost as if these designs were paid by the hour, and the designer wasn't on salary for his effort.

anyways, Godzilla is something else. What a Gem of a game. Elwin's best by a long shot

#15436 1 year ago

who cares about Keith's tied for worst game dudes? Really! JP is Elwin's HURRY UP release, just like Jack Danger's weak, rushed, and unrefined first effort. It's almost as if these designs were paid by the hour, and the designer wasn't on salary for his effort.
anyways, Godzilla is something else. What a Gem of a game. Elwin's best by a long shot

Right

backing-away-slowly-sienfeld.gifbacking-away-slowly-sienfeld.gif
#15437 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Thanks. It was indeed a bad switch.

Most times these leaf switches just need adjustment which makes a leaf adjuster tool a good investment but I've used needle nosed pliers too.

#15438 1 year ago

So when is the saucer shots actually counted? I'm still confused of what light means what on saucers cause it's constantly changing, flashing, and so on. At first I though green meant the shots were counting for the adding up saucers destroyed, but then there's yellow, flashing, and so on... so what is the actual indicator that I should be attacking that saucer and going for those extra balls

For every saucer you destroy on the same ball (or is it just for every saucer?) the point multiplier increases and the time you have to destroy the saucer goes down:
Blue (1X) - lights for 10 seconds
Green (2X) - lights for 8 seconds
Yellow (3X) - lights for 6 seconds
Orange (4X) - lights for 5 seconds
Red (5X) - lights for 4 seconds

Quoted from rob3:

I considered getting these buy for $76 no thanks. 1250 plays. The lower mecha switch has never not registered for me and the upper flipper switch I have come to live with. If you want the skill shot, you've got to hit it well enough to either trigger the switch or the bottom spinner. And if you miss you can still try for several skillshots using the flippers, including that one. It's never failed to register an imposter for me, due to the angle the ball comes from (even if it his the switch and doesn't go through that lane).

#15439 1 year ago

What in tarnation are you on about?
JP rushed? How so?

#15440 1 year ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

What in tarnation are you on about?
JP rushed? How so?

If anything I have heard Keith in an interview grumble that AIQ was a rushed project.

#15441 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

My wife said that she doesn't know how the ball got there. I tried to shake it out but it was lodged in there pretty tight.
[quoted image]

You're not the only one. I've had a few balls get stuck there too.

At some point when I have some time I will make a shield of some sort to prevent that.

#15442 1 year ago

Well, I had joined the Godzilla club yesterday after ordering a premium. Look forward to having it in my collection.

#15443 1 year ago

Sonic I'm trying to find the info for this mod, can you send /post a link?

#15444 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Sonic I'm trying to find the info for this mod, can you send /post a link?

There isn't a great single, go-to source for info on this. It's a shame because I think this would sell boatloads if there were (seriously @sonic, people drop hundreds if not thousands on action figures and other aesthetic mods. A fraction of that for something that corrects hardware problems to have gameplay better match the game rules is a no brainer).

Since I'm so pleased with what it's done for my machine (note: I've only installed the upper flipper one so far), I've collected a handful of key links to raise awareness so other owners can similarly benefit:

General MRS thread (not GZ-specific): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mampm-creations-mrs-catalog

Visual guide for replacing the behind the flipper switch: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/295#post-7132053

Visual guide for replacing the other switch: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/295#post-7132139

pic1 (resized).jpgpic1 (resized).jpgpic2 (resized).jpgpic2 (resized).jpgpic3 (resized).pngpic3 (resized).png
#15445 1 year ago

I just received my speaker panel upgrade mod from Cointaker.
https://cointaker.com/products/godzilla-distruction-speaker-light-kit-6x9-stern-le-premium-pro

Anyone know where I might find some installation instructions?

Thank you!

#15446 1 year ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I just received my speaker panel upgrade mod from Cointaker.
https://cointaker.com/products/godzilla-distruction-speaker-light-kit-6x9-stern-le-premium-pro
Anyone know where I might find some installation instructions?
Thank you!

Think this is the same kit, CT did an install video below:

#15447 1 year ago

So now that we are 1.0 which I have heard means 'feature complete' and 'every light on the playfield is programmed', I am wondering if I missed something somewhere.

The Mothra Light says "Light Outlanes" - notice the S on Outlane, meaning more than one.

I thought I saw a post or heard a podcast once that asked Keith about this because Mothra just seems to light the left outlane with a ball save. I also thought I remember the response from Keith was, "just wait for the new code".

Was there ever code put in that has Mothra light more than one (both) outlanes and I missed it?

#15448 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

So now that we are 1.0 which I have heard means 'feature complete' and 'every light on the playfield is programmed', I am wondering if I missed something somewhere.
The Mothra Light says "Light Outlanes" - notice the S on Outlane, meaning more than one.
I thought I saw a post or heard a podcast once that asked Keith about this because Mothra just seems to light the left outlane with a ball save. I also thought I remember the response from Keith was, "just wait for the new code".
Was there ever code put in that has Mothra light more than one (both) outlanes and I missed it?

I don't think you're going to get much more than speculation here on Pinside. I asked the same question on Tiltforums where it seems the dev team frequents and actually engages with the community, but didn't get a response. My assumption is the playfield art was printed before the rules & scoring were complete/tested and they came to the conclusion that lighting both outlanes would be OP so just went with Mothra.

#15449 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I don't think you're going to get much more than speculation here on Pinside. I asked the same question on Tiltforums where it seems the dev team frequents and actually engages with the community, but didn't get a response. My assumption is the playfield art was printed before the rules & scoring were complete/tested and they came to the conclusion that lighting both outlanes would be OP so just went with Mothra.

Maybe we’ll get the other outlane in the inevitable 2 years later true final code update?

Seems like every Stern gets a lil extra sumthin sumthin just after it finishes the last run.

#15450 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

For every saucer you destroy on the same ball (or is it just for every saucer?) the point multiplier increases and the time you have to destroy the saucer goes down:
Blue (1X) - lights for 10 seconds
Green (2X) - lights for 8 seconds
Yellow (3X) - lights for 6 seconds
Orange (4X) - lights for 5 seconds
Red (5X) - lights for 4 seconds

I considered getting these buy for $76 no thanks. 1250 plays. The lower mecha switch has never not registered for me and the upper flipper switch I have come to live with. If you want the skill shot, you've got to hit it well enough to either trigger the switch or the bottom spinner. And if you miss you can still try for several skillshots using the flippers, including that one. It's never failed to register an imposter for me, due to the angle the ball comes from (even if it his the switch and doesn't go through that lane).

Well if that were my experience I would not buy them either, but it’s not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/309 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.