(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,911 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by epotech
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fiberboardspacers (resized).JPG
ball stuck (resized).jpg
IMG_0224 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-05-10 101401 (resized).png
IMG_20240424_103450 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240424_103445 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240506_180118 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240424_103437 (resized).jpg
IMG_2535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2530 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2532 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2525 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frydaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2384 5 years ago

Can someone please help me with what I need to look for to fix this issue.

20181227_110947 (resized).jpg20181227_110947 (resized).jpg
#2439 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Did you get fixed up?

I have not had a chance to look into this yet. Got to love work. I will have a break after the holidays.

#2467 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Did you get fixed up?

You was right. The plug had worked loose, put back in place and good to go again. Thanks for the help.

#2581 5 years ago

There is one thing that I have to say about this machine is that it rank should be way higher. I have played all the top 10. But there is not 1 that I can say come close to the various game play here. All I see is haters that they hate this game because they stopped the triple disk and closed chest. Then we have the there is no movie clips. All there. I think it the most important game to come around in a long time. And to you that think is not........................ Try getting it out of my my dead and dying fingers.

#2868 5 years ago

Ok I hope someone can help me with this one. I turned the game off last night and all was playing fine. I try to start the game today and this message comes on screen. The message goes away but the game does not start up. Lights on the play field never turn on and does not start the boot screen. Just goes blank and nothing.

20190112_141436 (resized).jpg20190112_141436 (resized).jpg
#2874 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yikes. I’m just guessing here but I’d try doing the “full firmware update” process and see if rewriting the whole shebang brings it back to life.

That was the ticket. Back up and running on 97 now next update to 98. YEAH

1 month later
#4792 5 years ago

Ok 666 666 and Arrr Frenzy is so much fun that you can't wait to get it going again. I can't stop thinking about and playing this game.

#5109 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m considering buying a spare playfield so I have one on ice for a rainy day in the future. This is a long term keeper for me and I expect it to see a lot of play and wear. I do worry about waiting too long and missing my chance. Spare playfield decals and such also.

You just made me pull the trigger on a backup CE playfield. Get it while I can.

#5113 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah I’m seriously debating it. Hate to throw even more money at the same game, but nice to basically forget about playfield wear completely.

I feel like you and I feel that the CE playfield is even more limited.

#5125 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Why are some of you wanting to buy a new playfield for a brand new machine? I understand production is gonna stop pretty soon. Are you guys concerned about the quality of the playfields? What’s the deal?

I love to play this game and play it like stole it. Not really just thought it would make a great wall art. And will have it for years down the road.

#5322 5 years ago

Could I get some recommendations for what is the best wax to use on the playfield.

1 week later
#5756 5 years ago

OK this is not pin related but I thought some others would like to see the modern day Black Pearl. It think Captain Jack would be proud.

#5964 5 years ago
Quoted from Clint12:

I just got my le and disappointed balls keep getting stuck up top when hit up to the left game then keeps saying locating balls. ,, any help!
[quoted image][quoted image]

One thing to check for the flipper error is to make sure that all the cables are plugged in properly behind the back glass. I had one that was not plugged in all the way and that fixed mine.

1 week later
#6422 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Anyone have an issue with the playfield not quite meeting the hooks on the apron? I'm maybe a cm off, and I've tried adjust cables in the back too.
[quoted image]

Did you remove the foam block from the back of the cabinet.

#6565 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Out of curiosity, anyone know if the JJP rock tune still plays in the attract mode like in WOZ? Thanks!

Yes

#6788 5 years ago

This is a post on Facebook from Buffalo Pinball.

Tonight on "Bro, do you even pinball?", we're doing a Bro Battle Royale on Jersey Jack's Pirates of the Caribbean! Extensive tutorial by Jay Fairbrother. 8pm Eastern. www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#6795 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What time/time zone?

It is in the post 8pm Eastern

1 week later
#7573 5 years ago

I am going to say that if you have not played a game of POTC JJ then you do not know pinball. Do not play on site but someone that will let you play. If you can you will understand why this game is and will always be the best game of all time. But if you play on site hit and miss. There is too many different ways to play this game that if you think I know all. You don't.

#7574 5 years ago

I can not play right now because of waiting on a monitor. So I could be JJ sucks and why play the game. Like the dip s%+- on a pod cast. If he had ever played a good game he would still say that it was bad. He has to be a Sten kiss ass. So f%+= off dip s%++

3 weeks later
#8876 5 years ago

For those of you that have or have played a CE could you rate it on pinside to get it added to the list.

#8893 5 years ago

Yes my order is showing up Friday. POTC Black Pearl Mini Playfield Quantity: 1, POTC Assembly Decal Set Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Playfield Assy, CE Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Plastics Set CE Quantity: 1, POTC Playfield Decal Sheet CE Quantity: 2, POTC Printed Plastics Set LE Quantity: 1. So now I can play it like I stole it and just clean and wax but keep the play field the way it should be.

#8895 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Holy crap. Did that cost as much as another machine?

What is the cost of peace of mind.

#8898 5 years ago

I got the CE and it has found its forever home. I would liked to got it for $9500.

#8904 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Received my preventative long life package myself today! Should take care of me till retirement and beyond. So pretty, My Precious...........
[quoted image]

We think alike.

#8907 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Then there was nothing on the USB stick the machine could use.
Follow instructions carefully. Try a different USB stick. 8GB works good. Too big it might not. I've had good luck with PNY USB sticks. The game might not like some of them.
LTG : )

Also it can take a long while like hours sometimes to get the files on the USB stick.

#8916 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Sorry I don't understand what you did here. Did you buy an LE and add the CE stuff?
Thx, didn't sleep much last night

You can not buy CE parts unless you own one. I own #71CE.

#8917 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Lol! I ordered the same parts, too! Looks like the CE playfields are all gone now.

They were gone in 5 days.

#9011 5 years ago

I am trying to work with my parrot to fly at me when I get the 666 666 there is not enough going on.

#9014 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is one beautiful bird.

Here is a better picture of Rudy.

20181007_102420 (resized).jpg20181007_102420 (resized).jpg
#9017 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Just attach the stick to the side of your machine. We will call it a live action mod.

I was going to try and and make him my toper but he would just tear it up.

1 month later
#11102 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I understand that a printed manual will not be provided for any model including the CE'S. Did you SE owners get a CD with your games and is it, if you know, as thorough as previous JJP manuals? They have been the very best.

The CE's all come with the printed manual.

#11162 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I wrote to Jack himself last week and he told me the manual issue was still under consideration. He said a manual would be provided but not necessarily a printed one for any model including CE's.

I got mine with my CE and many others also. Did not come with the LE.

6 months later
#13552 4 years ago

Can someone tell me where this came from. Playing game and looked like it came from the pearl not sure stopped play and shut down.

IMG_1173 (resized).JPGIMG_1173 (resized).JPG
#13554 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like the back of an opto thingy.
LTG : )

Where do I look. The only other thing i did was took off the wire stop by the glass to rebend. I heard something drop but could not find anything.

#13557 4 years ago

Not sure but it looks like it is to stop a ball from drain to shooter rail. If you look the line stops where it might be.

IMG_1174 (resized).JPGIMG_1174 (resized).JPG
#13558 4 years ago

I know it is hard to see but same line.

IMG_1177 (resized).JPGIMG_1177 (resized).JPG
#13559 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

I know it is hard to see but same line.[quoted image]

Not plastic it's metal

#13580 4 years ago

Had time to set down and look through the manual and is item 5 part # 10-100011-00 it is there to put a bump in the road so it is a little harder for the ball to go back to the shooter lane.

POTC (resized).jpgPOTC (resized).jpg
11 months later
#16149 3 years ago

I would just like to ask if anyone in the KC area would be interested in a ce. Not for sure if I would be able to sell because I love to play it. Have plastics for CE and LE and same with stickers but also have playfield CE in box. This is a trying to see if anyone is in this area.

#16150 3 years ago

Ok played the game again and I see why I bought what I did. If you want this game you will have to pray it from my dead hands.

2 years later
#18180 1 year ago

Don't you just love the haters that probably never played this game and keep giving low rating because they hate to see how much it is selling for.

6 months later
#18544 9 months ago

Think I will try and put this together to go along with the Black Pearl on my CE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

18,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leicester, LEICESTERSHIRE
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

35,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marshville, NC
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frydaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=frydaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.