(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 377.
#2851 5 years ago

Plundering is Awesome! The wife loves taking my coins not only in pinball but in life as well

#2852 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Plundering is Awesome! The wife loves taking my coins not only in pinball but in life as well

#2853 5 years ago

POTC is in the tournament lineup at INDISC! Check out the modifications to the game that Karl implemented to make it a bit more challenging...

https://www.neverdrains.com//2019/playerIndex.php?disp=game&sel=Main&game=105

Lightning flippers, no outline posts, and some software difficulty increases!

#2854 5 years ago

I saw the new Munsters pin and it looks ok . The price of jjp pins comes up a lot but you can really see where the extra money goes .

#2855 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I saw the new Munsters pin and it looks ok . The price of jjp pins comes up a lot but you can really see where the extra money goes .

Agree somewhat but to be fair.... All manufacturers are increasing prices. Last I checked my Munsters LE was close to 9500 with shipping and tax. So not That far off from a JJP. Love the theme a Lot but by far it's not in the same level as POTC which justifies the slightly higher price. At least to me.

#2856 5 years ago

HMMMM, I see you don't live to far from me, hehehehehe!

#2857 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

my Munsters LE

Quoted from heni1977:

HMMMM, I see you don't live to far from me, hehehehehe!

A pitstop for me on the way to MGC. Be there that Thursday evening ...

Wonka should be at Level 257 by then too.

#2858 5 years ago

I keep wanting to go to MGC and my friend Tilt keeps asking me to. Just have not found the time. Guess I need to!!!!

#2859 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Wonka should be at Level 257 by then too.

So... Wonka is the next release ?

#2860 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

So... Wonka is the next release ?

The JJP "Official announcement" hasn't been made yet. There are very strong rumors though.

#2861 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The JJP "Official announcement" hasn't been made yet. There are very strong rumors though.

Cool . From what I've read on pinside I thought it was leaning towards Toy Story.

#2862 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Cool . From what I've read on pinside I thought it was leaning towards Toy Story.

Wishful thinking (me too), but the new movie has to come out first in June. If rumors are true, that is why Toy Story didn't come out before Pirates - because of the movie delay. Latest I heard at Expo is that JJP #5 will be revealed in Texas in a couple of months ... if nothing happens to delay those plans, which could happen.

#2863 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Wishful thinking (me too), but the new movie has to come out first in June. If rumors are true, that is why Toy Story didn't come out before Pirates - because of the movie delay. Latest I heard at Expo is that JJP #5 will be revealed in Texas in a couple of months ... if nothing happens to delay those plans, which could happen.

If they're waiting for the latest Toy Story to come out hopefully they will have clips from that movie as well as all the others and fingers crossed they got better rights to the movie assets than they did potc .

#2864 5 years ago

Well I just threw down a deposit on an LE. My distributor says I should have my game in 2-3 weeks. I’ll be in this club soon!

What are the must have mods for this game? I definitely want to add mirror blades. Can anyone recommend where I can get those? I’ve searched a little bit and didn’t find any that specifically fit POTC.

Is there anything I should check or adjust before I play my game?

I’m trying to read through this while thread. I’m about 10 pages in. I’m sure I’ll pick up a lot of useful information through it all.

Happy to join this group that seems to be so helpful!

#2865 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well I just threw down a deposit on an LE. My distributor says I should have my game in 2-3 weeks. I’ll be in this club soon!
What are the must have mods for this game? I definitely want to add mirror blades. Can anyone recommend where I can get those? I’ve searched a little bit and didn’t find any that specifically fit POTC.
Is there anything I should check or adjust before I play my game?
I’m trying to read through this while thread. I’m about 10 pages in. I’m sure I’ll pick up a lot of useful information through it all.
Happy to join this group that seems to be so helpful!

I just received a set of black mirror blades from Pinballdecals. Hoping to install them today and verify fit but I think the darker mirror will be a Great look for this theme.

#2866 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I just received a set of black mirror blades from Pinballdecals. Hoping to install them today and verify fit but I think the darker mirror will be a Great look for this theme.

Cool. Snap some pics of you can.

#2867 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The ball constantly bangs off of the right side of the cab when the ball goes over board from the pearl upper playfeild. Do you think that would put big scratches or dents in the mirror blade on that side?

#2868 5 years ago

Ok I hope someone can help me with this one. I turned the game off last night and all was playing fine. I try to start the game today and this message comes on screen. The message goes away but the game does not start up. Lights on the play field never turn on and does not start the boot screen. Just goes blank and nothing.

20190112_141436 (resized).jpg20190112_141436 (resized).jpg
#2869 5 years ago

Wife decided full railing, Thanks Mod Couple!

836C1539-9C9D-497A-806C-6BF7750F9459 (resized).jpeg836C1539-9C9D-497A-806C-6BF7750F9459 (resized).jpeg
#2870 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Ok I hope someone can help me with this one. I turned the game off last night and all was playing fine. I try to start the game today and this message comes on screen. The message goes away but the game does not start up. Lights on the play field never turn on and does not start the boot screen. Just goes blank and nothing.
[quoted image]

Yikes. I’m just guessing here but I’d try doing the “full firmware update” process and see if rewriting the whole shebang brings it back to life.

#2871 5 years ago

Curious if potc has an intense battle or moments like woz and hobbit melting the witch, or killing smaug? What is the main objective in potc?

#2872 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious if potc has an intense battle or moments like woz and hobbit melting the witch, or killing smaug? What is the main objective in potc?

Five different wizard modes and one grand overall “break the curse” wizard mode!

#2873 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Yes the wizard modes are quite epic and satisfying. Main objective is to get to the 6th and final wizard mode “break the curse”.

#2874 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yikes. I’m just guessing here but I’d try doing the “full firmware update” process and see if rewriting the whole shebang brings it back to life.

That was the ticket. Back up and running on 97 now next update to 98. YEAH

#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Back up and running on 97 now next update to 98. YEAH

Thank you for the update. Glad you can enjoy your game now.

LTG : )

#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Great job!!! Sounds like it's going to be a great weekend after all!

#2877 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I definitely want to add mirror blades.

I would pass on the mirrors. I put them in mine and they as re super tight. They scrarch anytime I have to lift the playfield. So, if you do add them, wait a month so you can do any dialing in or modding that needs to be done first.

#2878 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Very happy to hear it! Now post some scores, brah!

#2879 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agree somewhat but to be fair.... All manufacturers are increasing prices. Last I checked my Munsters LE was close to 9500 with shipping and tax. So not That far off from a JJP. Love the theme a Lot but by far it's not in the same level as POTC which justifies the slightly higher price. At least to me.

Agreed but its really hard to beat a munsters pro in the mid 5k range and its only missing the lower playfield over the other models. Its no jjp pin but a fun theme and very fun to shoot , especially delivered to my door for 5500. Ill have a jjp potc at some point tho ... just waiting to c their next release first.

#2880 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

POTC is in the tournament lineup at INDISC! Check out the modifications to the game that Karl implemented to make it a bit more challenging...
https://www.neverdrains.com//2019/playerIndex.php?disp=game&sel=Main&game=105
Lightning flippers, no outline posts, and some software difficulty increases!

Interesting changes. I figured something would be done about plundering, liars dice and the character selection process. but maybe they are doing 1 player games? other thoughts...

Lightning Flippers
oh god no.

Tilt set to PER BALL
YES. this should be a default setting

Virtual locks on
what are virtual locks? does this refer to the chest not actually keeping the balls inside until multiball?

Increased Dead Men Tell No Tales Multiball Progress
Increased Nine Pieces of Eight Shot Difficulty (At World's End)
Increased On Stranger Tides Difficulty
totally agree with these. it would likely be way too easy to get these rolling for tournament-skill players.

#2881 5 years ago

Any suggestions on white lithium grease. I have some Lucas just not sure if it’s ok to use?

#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Any suggestions on white lithium grease. I have some Lucas just not sure if it’s ok to use?

For our application pretty much any White Lithium grease will work fine. I used the grease from Ace Hardware I use to lube my garage door lol.

#2883 5 years ago

Just wanted to say a few things about my new POTC:
- everything worked 100% right out the box. I’d reiterate what others have said: this is a great and needed thread for problem shooting, but it’s likely the case the majority of owners have had no problems.
- imo, the game is one of the best of all time. It’s got amazing code, really deep in a good way for home use. Layout is fantastic, with opportunity for flow but also stop and shoot for those thinking through a strategy. Mechs that bring the magic to pinball like it should be. It’s been a hit for multiplayer, but also great playing alone. Incredible replay value. I couldn’t give a higher recommendation for it.

#2884 5 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Just wanted to say a few things about my new POTC:
- imo, the game is one of the best of all time. It’s got amazing code, really deep in a good way for home use. Layout is fantastic, with opportunity for flow but also stop and shoot for those thinking through a strategy. Mechs that bring the magic to pinball like it should be. It’s been a hit for multiplayer, but also great playing alone. Incredible replay value. I couldn’t give a higher recommendation for it.

I couldn’t agree more. I think it’s destined to be a classic.

#2885 5 years ago

The more I play this game, the more I like it. I’ve had POTC for about 2 months, and not really had the time for a really good session without friends there, putting me off with their shouting and sloshing beer around.

I’m an average player (and that’s being kind to myself!), but after watching the video linked earlier in this thread where Keefer went through the rules, I concentrated on chapters, using Tia Dalma as my character so I could focus on one movie. With lots of nudging and swearing, I managed to get myself just one chapter off an episode’s wizard mode (the one on the Maelstrom ramp – the only shot I can make reliably). I now also understand the skull value!!

The atmosphere created by the music, sounds and lighting is second to none, IMHO. Can’t wait for my next game, and it will be a long time before this one leaves my collection! Brilliant.

#2886 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

The more I play this game, the more I like it. I’ve had POTC for about 2 months, and not really had the time for a really good session without friends there, putting me off with their shouting and sloshing beer around.
I’m an average player (and that’s being kind to myself!), but after watching the video linked earlier in this thread where Keefer went through the rules, I concentrated on chapters, using Tia Dalma as my character so I could focus on one movie. With lots of nudging and swearing, I managed to get myself just one chapter off an episode’s wizard mode (the one on the Maelstrom ramp – the only shot I can make reliably). I now also understand the skull value!!
The atmosphere created by the music, sounds and lighting is second to none, IMHO. Can’t wait for my next game, and it will be a long time before this one leaves my collection! Brilliant.

I still don't understand the skull value!! haha

#2887 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I still don't understand the skull value!! haha

I know what you mean. It took me some time as well. And I *think* this is right, but happy to be corrected!

Once you've started a chapter, every lit character shot scores the skull value, shown on the monitor beneath each movie (1-5).

Using the Maelstrom ramp as an example, shoot the ramp to qualify its movie. The door on the monitor will open to show that a chapter for that movie is ready to start. You can increase the skull value by shooting the ramp again, or through a mystery award, or probably through some other means! On the display, the skull value under the cannon shows the current skull value (i.e. the value of collecting each character in the chapter).

You can multiply these values. Heaven knows how! One way is to have more than one movie lit when you start the chapter. I believe each extra movie lit adds 0.5x to your winnings from the chapter you're currently playing.

I hope this rambling reply helps some!

#2888 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

putting me off with their shouting and sloshing beer around

Should be Rum!!

#2889 5 years ago

Ok, how do I adjust the auto plunger? It's not sitting far enough forward for the ball to rest on, so it's not auto plunging. Either that, or the manual plunger is sitting too far forward.
Makes multi ball a big fail.

20190113_194249 (resized).jpg20190113_194249 (resized).jpg
#2890 5 years ago

So this isn’t a huge deal and has zero effect on gameplay but it does add some fun flair to the game for scoring purposes. We grabbed some Halloween pirate garb and stored it by the game for high score photos. Variety of hats, bandanas, weapons, and an eye patch. Be aware that if you obscure your face too much the game will take a pic of you from before you put anything on. It doesn’t like hands either most times. We really liked the idea of the wanted posters having some personalized flair.

84F823C7-6BE4-45E9-A15E-229F5DDED508 (resized).jpeg84F823C7-6BE4-45E9-A15E-229F5DDED508 (resized).jpeg
#2891 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

or the manual plunger is sitting too far forward.

This. Pull it back if ball rests on auto plunger, I'd put a washer or two on the shooter rod outside the cabinet.

LTG : )

#2892 5 years ago

Ok, how do I adjust the auto plunger? It's not sitting far enough forward for the ball to rest on, so it's not auto plunging. Either that, or the manual plunger is sitting too far forward.
Makes multi ball a big fail.
[quoted image]

My Auto Plunger was not shoting the ball cleanly at all out of the box so here is what I did to fix it.

1. Lift up the playfeild and move the automatic plunger with with your hand and see it moves in and out of the coil sleeve smoothly.

If it is binding push the auto plunger assembly to the right or left so the automatic plunger goes into the coil sleeve smoothly.

2. Loosen the screws on the automatic plunger assembly and push the assembly to the right as far as it can go then tighten down the screws. This will cause the ball to rest on the right side of the auto lauch mech.

3. The coil on the Auto Lauch mech moves if you wiggle it so I put a zip tie around the coil to keep it from moving. The coils on the flippers are tight so I figured the coil on the auto
launch assembly should be tight as well. Their is a cleaner solution for this if you put smothing in between the coil and the bracket that holds it in place should work too. I will do this later but the zip tie works for now.

4. Raise the power of the auto lauch mech in the settings to 32.

After all of these steps my pin auto lauches the ball perfect everytime.

#2893 5 years ago

Nice! Ok, I'll try all of these. What size washer is best for placing on the shooter rod? There are a million of them and I'm not familiar.

#2894 5 years ago

Nice! Ok, I'll try all of these. What size washer is best for placing on the shooter rod? There are a million of them and I'm not familiar.

Well, as the shooter rod is 3/8" (.375) diameter that is the key most important dimension. The OD of the washer could be anything from 5/8" to 1" doesn't matter really. With that said, Do make sure your shooter tip is ALL the way on or the issue you are having might be pretty simple. Good Luck!!

#2895 5 years ago

What is the error log? Should I be paying any attention to it? I'm unable to even understand what it's saying.

#2896 5 years ago

Error log is really only useful to the programmers. It helps them when diagnosing bugs in the code.

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well, as the shooter rod is 3/8" (.375) diameter that is the key most important dimension. The OD of the washer could be anything from 5/8" to 1" doesn't matter really. With that said, Do make sure your shooter tip is ALL the way on or the issue you are having might be pretty simple. Good Luck!!

Oh! I'll check that first. I'm noobie enough that I don't think of the simple things first!

#2898 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Error log is really only useful to the programmers. It helps them when diagnosing bugs in the code.

Cool. Thanks.

#2899 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

What is the error log? Should I be paying any attention to it? I'm unable to even understand what it's saying.

Feel free to email or pm me a pic of it.

#2900 5 years ago

For anyone having trouble finding the flowchart/poster...

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC-Rules-Flow.jpg

584A64C7-41E7-4A9B-8E97-F202B4388F79 (resized).jpeg584A64C7-41E7-4A9B-8E97-F202B4388F79 (resized).jpeg7E62B18D-1734-485D-A0A2-5756C4E8747F (resized).jpeg7E62B18D-1734-485D-A0A2-5756C4E8747F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.