(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 378.
#11051 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It seems to vary. I dialed ours back to 22 so it makes it into the Black Pearl consistently but isn't slamming into it. some people have problems with anything less than 32. You'll just have to see how yours is. Be sure and request the black pearl opto protector from your distributor.

Are these opto protectors for sale anywhere? Getting a nib SE this week and want to make sure it's good from the start.

#11052 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Are these opto protectors for sale anywhere? Getting a nib SE this week and want to make sure it's good from the start.

JJP is offering them for free. Request from the support form: http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/

The BP window mod also offers protection: https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/black-pearl-stand-up-target-illuminated-window-jersey-jack-pirates-of-the-caribbean

Added over 4 years ago:
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

JJP is offering them for free. Request from the support form: http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/

The BP window mod also offers protection: https://pinballmods.co/Stand-up-illuminated-window-jjp-potc

#11053 4 years ago

Someone with an SE who wants the spinning pop bumpers want to investigate their game for me? If possible, your work will be rewarded.

#11054 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Not according to deeproot.

thatsthejoke.gif

#11055 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

thatsthejoke.gif

Wasn't sure how far that permeated. Ah the entertainment.

#11056 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Ok The pirate lane awards confuse me. I never know what i should really be picking.
Except for when i find light arrr frenzy. However arr frenzy is not always available to pick. So what qualifies it to even be picked?
Also How do i start Playfield X. Ive had people tell me super X = PF X.?? Doesnt seem right though.
SO to break down these questions down.
1.) What qualifies Arr frenzy to be available on the compass.
2.) How to start PF x?
3.) What is super X?
4.) Once u get shot X after you start it do you then have to hit the stand up for how much the X will be worth?
Thanks in advance fellas. Definitely feel like my confusion with this is whats holding me back from multi million games.

1) Look at your game's settings (frequency is set there). Arrr Frenzy isn't offered until you've completed the PIRATE lanes so many times. And then, once you've played Arrr Frenzy, you can't play it a second time until you've completed the PIRATE lanes an additional number of times.

2) Assuming by "PF x", you mean a playfield multiplier, then yes - this is what Super X is.

3) See #2. To start Super X, you need to have it selected as your PIRATE lanes award when you complete them and then shoot the PIRATE award target (to left of the chest) to collect it before you complete the PIRATE lanes for another award. Once you've collected it at the PIRATE award target, you then need to shoot the multiplier target that sets what the multiplier value is and activate the multiplier (for 30 secs by default). The first time you collect it, only the 2X target is lit to activate it. The second time, 2X and 3X are both lit. The third time, 2X, 3X and 4X are lit. And so on ...

4) Yes. When you collect Shot X at the PIRATE award target, all five (2X, 3X, 4X, 5X, and 6X) multiplier targets are lit. Whichever one you hit determines the multiplier value applied to your very next shot. Theoretically, you can work your way up to a 6X Super X multiplier running and then activate a 6X Shot X for a total of 36X multiplier on your next shot. This takes real precision timing and accurate shooting though to pull off.

Watch this Karl DeAngelo video to see him score a 24X(?) shot for 21 MILLION points!

#11057 4 years ago

Hey folks just installed a shaker in a potc se... do you have to turn it on in setting? No shaking happening

#11058 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

1) Look at your game's settings (frequency is set there). Arrr Frenzy isn't offered until you've completed the PIRATE lanes so many times. And then, once you've played Arrr Frenzy, you can't play it a second time until you've completed the PIRATE lanes an additional number of times.
2) Assuming by "PF x", you mean a playfield multiplier, then yes - this is what Super X is.
3) See #2. To start Super X, you need to have it selected as your PIRATE lanes award when you complete them and then shoot the PIRATE award target (to left of the chest) to collect it before you complete the PIRATE lanes for another award. Once you've collected it at the PIRATE award target, you then need to shoot the multiplier target that sets what the multiplier value is and activate the multiplier (for 30 secs by default). The first time you collect it, only the 2X target is lit to activate it. The second time, 2X and 3X are both lit. The third time, 2X, 3X and 4X are lit. And so on ...
4) Yes. When you collect Shot X at the PIRATE award target, all five (2X, 3X, 4X, 5X, and 6X) multiplier targets are lit. Whichever one you hit determines the multiplier value applied to your very next shot. Theoretically, you can work your way up to a 6X Super X multiplier running and then activate a 6X Shot X for a total of 36X multiplier on your next shot. This takes real precision timing and accurate shooting though to pull off.
Watch this Karl DeAngelo video to see him score a 24X(?) shot for 21 MILLION points!

My shot X target is usually my worst shot, like the pops or lock chest target. So much pressure.

Also started to use the bonus x targets on the pearl. Like how if you already have 2x the next time you hit the targets it lights the 3x and so on. Playing Scrum I’m trying to set these up for the 6x on first ball and then I don’t have to worry.

Thanks big fish for the summary, had not thought of the stacking that makes shot X valuable. Always thought shot X was the poor cousin of super X.

#11059 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey folks just installed a shaker in a potc se... do you have to turn it on in setting? No shaking happening

Not sure if it needs to be enabled but I'm pretty sure you can test it in settings.

#11060 4 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Not sure if it needs to be enabled but I'm pretty sure you can test it in settings.

It’s in the coil settings

#11061 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

My shot X target is usually my worst shot, like the pops or lock chest target. So much pressure.
Also started to use the bonus x targets on the pearl. Like how if you already have 2x the next time you hit the targets it lights the 3x and so on. Playing Scrum I’m trying to set these up for the 6x on first ball and then I don’t have to worry.
Thanks big fish for the summary, had not thought of the stacking that makes shot X valuable. Always thought shot X was the poor cousin of super X.

Yep - Shot X is most valuable when used in combination with an active Super X. To do so is tricky though as, due to the time limit on Super X when activated, you ideally want to hold off actually starting the Super X until you have Shot X ready for collecting at the Pirate target.

Then ... once you have successfully activated both sequentially, getting the ball under control immediately and then making the desired shot is another challenge!

#11063 4 years ago

Actuated chest mod kit is available for order (pre-order?). Will take a few weeks to put it all together but if you want to get in line: https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/jpinballs-actuated-chest-mod-jersey-jack-pinball-pirates-of-the-caribbean

Added over 4 years ago:

Edit: They’re ready at https://pinballmods.co/PinballJs-actuated-chest-mod-JJP-POTC

#11064 4 years ago

Given the last one was pretty decent, didn't add or really subtract to the series though, I wouldn't mind Depp getting his work and dignity back.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2475816/johnny-depps-pirates-of-the-caribbean-related-lawsuit-against-amber-heard-set-a-trial-date

#11065 4 years ago

Guys my SE is arriving in a few days ( couldnt find a LE ) and I was thinking about getting a full set of the powdercoated Gold Hobbit trim/legs from JJP. It looks like it would look pretty cool.
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/The-Hobbit-Parts/ockdown-Bar-Wide-w-Button-Hole-Gold-Vein-LPN.html

Screenshot_20190630-203413_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190630-203413_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190630-203420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190630-203420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#11066 4 years ago

Oh nice, never saw those before. I just painted my TOM lockbar gold (for testing) and it came out great. I am coating it with automotive clear and it should be pretty bulletproof. It was a test before I did the legs and such. The cost of PC was just too much.

#11067 4 years ago

I use Robert Stone ( here on pinside ) to coat my frames, I think this color may look good.

#11068 4 years ago

I purchased 2 shaker motors from JJP when I got my SE (1 for future title or whatever) were non functioning, returned and they sent out new ones. Call support tomorrow, should be plug n play.

#11069 4 years ago

Looks good, don't it? yelobird, get on it.
Don't bother if you are not wanting to cut wires, it's the only way to do it.
[quoted image]
I was going to go with clear skirts but I forgot I needed the base to be black as well (they are white, durr) so it looked weird. I liked to see the artwork/playfield through the clear ones. I think I'll order the bases and change them out as long as everything is cut now.

That black looks So much better! Thanks for sharing that is on my to do list when I break these games down. Thanks

#11070 4 years ago

Actuated chest mod kit is available for order (pre-order?). Will take a few weeks to put it all together but if you want to get in line: https://magicalproductions.miiduu.com/jpinballs-actuated-chest-mod-jersey-jack-pinball-pirates-of-the-caribbean

Aaaaand purchased! Super stoked to get this in - appreciate all the hard work everyone does to make this game even more special.

#11071 4 years ago

FYI, you might want to change the kit description to say "Arduino Nano-compatible" since the board is definitely NOT an Arduino Nano, but a chinese knockoff.

#11072 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

FYI, you might want to change the kit description to say "Arduino Nano-compatible" since the board is definitely NOT an Arduino Nano, but a chinese knockoff.

Thanks

#11073 4 years ago

I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I am supposed to be getting a nib se from a distributor this month. Beyond excited because I love the game.

What was the final resolution for the skinny posts clear issue? Should I pull all the sling posts and sand any edges, then put some clear washers down? And I heard jjp is offering half price playfields, is that available to anyone or do you have to demonstrate the clear bunching issue? Any other must do things before putting plays on it? Appreciate any input

#11074 4 years ago

My wonderful wife made a nice frame for my LE certificate that matches the game. I think it looks great.

20190701_192443 (resized).jpg20190701_192443 (resized).jpg20190701_192805 (resized).jpg20190701_192805 (resized).jpg
#11075 4 years ago

I'm in the club!

20190701_213759 (resized).jpg20190701_213759 (resized).jpg20190701_213816 (resized).jpg20190701_213816 (resized).jpg
#11076 4 years ago

Just got it tonight, I did the pirate ship calibration but it gameplay ot seems it doesnt tilt much to the right side. In test mode it will go right, seems like it just needs to go to the right just a bit to be level.

20190701_213544 (resized).jpg20190701_213544 (resized).jpg
#11077 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Just got it tonight, I did the pirate ship calibration but it gameplay ot seems it doesnt tilt much to the right side. In test mode it will go right, seems like it just needs to go to the right just a bit to be level.[quoted image]

Mine is the same way. I tried to adjust it a bit but still lists left. It doesn't really tip right (if you look at the mechanism it sort of only really tips left and then flat) too much. Maybe someone else can chime in but I've settled for left/center.

#11078 4 years ago

Mine is the same way. I tried to adjust it a bit but still lists left. It doesn't really tip right (if you look at the mechanism it sort of only really tips left and then flat) too much. Maybe someone else can chime in but I've settled for left/center.

Yeah by design there is more left movement than right I think. Helps keep the ball up there a bit longer than instantly going overboard.

#11079 4 years ago

Oh that makes sense, in test mode it does go fully right so I know it works. My 8 year old wont get off of it lol.

#11080 4 years ago

Havnt searched thru the thread for all the mods but ( for the SE )has anyone found a pirate that works in size for the pop bumper like the LE/CE or the rocks on the left hand side.

#11081 4 years ago

If you notice the longer the ball
Is Up there the boat starts rocking more right. It will dip right, I believe it’s programmed and designed to be left heavy to keep the ball up longer and to not make it impossible to load the cannon

#11082 4 years ago

If you notice the longer the ball
Is Up there the boat starts rocking more right. It will dip right, I believe it’s programmed and designed to be left heavy to keep the ball up longer and to not make it impossible to load the cannon

This is correct. There’s a bias to the left. You can see it in the slot in the backboard. As long as the mech isn’t "bottoming out" at the top or bottom you're good. Although, I'm not sure about it going to the right the longer the ball is up there. I think it's more of more rocking to both sides the deeper in the game you go.

#11083 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Havnt searched thru the thread for all the mods but ( for the SE )has anyone found a pirate that works in size for the pop bumper like the LE/CE or the rocks on the left hand side.

No one has posted about replacement rocks, but it is on my list to make. You can't order them from JJP anymore for SE games.

The pirate that works on the pop is 7" Series 3 from Neca but they are getting hard to come by. I snapped up a few because I am making the SE spinning pop bumper mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-spinning-pop-bumpers-upgrade

Here is one: ebay.com link: Curse of the Black Pearl Series 3 Captain Jack Sparrow Action Figure

There is this other model but I don't know what the difference is: ebay.com link: Neca Pirates Of The Caribbean Dead Mans Chest Jack Sparrow Series 3

#11084 4 years ago

No one has posted about replacement rocks, but it is on my list to make. You can't order them from JJP anymore for SE games.
The pirate that works on the pop is 7" Series 3 from Neca but they are getting hard to come by. I snapped up a few because I am making the SE spinning pop bumper mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-spinning-pop-bumpers-upgrade
Here is one: ebay.com link » Curse Of The Black Pearl Series 3 Captain Jack Sparrow Action Figure
There is this other model but I don't know what the difference is: ebay.com link » Neca Pirates Of The Caribbean Dead Mans Chest Jack Sparrow Series 3

The second one has eye makeup from the beginning part of the, I think, the second movie.

The first three are a pretty decently interwoven storyline. Fourth is tv like crap, like a b side, entirely forgettable. Fifth isn't bad, competent, but doesn't add to the first three at all.

#11085 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The second one has eye makeup from the beginning part of the, I think, the second movie.
The first three are a pretty decently interwoven storyline. Fourth is tv like crap, like a b side, entirely forgettable. Fifth isn't bad, competent, but doesn't add to the first three at all.

Thanks

I tried to find other figures but those Neca series 3 ones just look the best.

#11086 4 years ago

Anyone still waiting on a CE? I have seen some standards and LEs make it to homes, But I haven't seen anyone post about their CE arriving lately.

#11087 4 years ago

Can’t wait for 1.0 to be released. Will be a great way to polish an already A game.

#11088 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Can’t wait for 1.0 to be released. Will be a great way to polish an already A game.

Flipnoutpinball had a Wonka live stream last night where they interviewed Jack. Someone from JJP was in chat, JJPLive. I asked if there is any news about POTC 1.x code, JJP replied back with "stay tuned"!

#11089 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Flipnoutpinball had a Wonka live stream last night where they interviewed Jack. Someone from JJP was in chat, JJPLive. I asked if there is any news about POTC 1.x code, JJP replied back with "stay tuned"!

Wow, nice. Sounds like it’s just around the corner.

#11090 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My wonderful wife made a nice frame for my LE certificate that matches the game. I think it looks great.[quoted image][quoted image]

She should sell them ... or the matting for them.

#11091 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My wonderful wife made a nice frame for my LE certificate that matches the game. I think it looks great.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great , in better condition than my Hobbit certificate that my dog ate in half

IMG20180825154421 (resized).jpgIMG20180825154421 (resized).jpgIMG_20180826_134054 (resized).jpgIMG_20180826_134054 (resized).jpg
#11092 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Wow, nice. Sounds like it’s just around the corner.

How did you infer that?

#11093 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How did you infer that?

So still waiting for your Wonka? Are you on the kerb waiting?

#11094 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So still waiting for your Wonka? Are you on the kerb waiting?

It happens today, a nice window of "12-6pm CST"

#11095 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It happens today, a nice window of "12-6pm CST"

Enjoy!

#11096 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Looks great , in better condition than my Hobbit certificate that my dog ate in half

He say's he didn't do it.

#11097 4 years ago

It was mentioned shortly here that sometimes a book appears on the backbox, where the status of the extra ball items are shown. I have nit found any description of the items to collect and how to view the current status without popping away. Could somebody please describe what to collect and how to see the status im between.

#11098 4 years ago

I understand that a printed manual will not be provided for any model including the CE'S. Did you SE owners get a CD with your games and is it, if you know, as thorough as previous JJP manuals? They have been the very best.

#11099 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

It was mentioned shortly here that sometimes a book appears on the backbox, where the status of the extra ball items are shown. I have nit found any description of the items to collect and how to view the current status without popping away. Could somebody please describe what to collect and how to see the status im between.

You may be referring to the Star Map "mystery" shots. If you shoot the Star Map when no chapters are qualified, a single shot will flash white for a second and the star field (LE and CE only) will draw a symbol representing the same shot. For example, the star field will draw the letter P if the P lane is the necessary shot. Anyway, each time you make one of these shots the star constellation book will be displayed to indicate the bonus has been collected. Collect enough and Extra Ball is lit.

#11100 4 years ago

After 7 months playing this thing I have picked up on some (not all) of the constellation shots on the Star Map.
It does give an extra layer of depth to the game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.