(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 377.
#8702 4 years ago

What is the common opinon about dimples and playfield quality ?

I own ECWOZLE, DI LE and now PotC LE.
The first two don't have much dimples like Pirates.
Does the quality change? - What about Wonka?

#8703 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

What is the common opinon about dimples and playfield quality ?
I own ECWOZLE, DI LE and now PotC LE.
The first two don't have much dimples like Pirates.
Does the quality change? - What about Wonka?

Non issue that can only be prevented by not playing your pins. Pirates dimples more because it's played more

#8704 4 years ago

How do I save my settings and scores before update?

#8705 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

There's an option in the menu to backup.

#8706 4 years ago

So what is the interaction like between JJP and the posts here? Do they get ideas for software changes by feedback in this post? Or is there a better way to provide that? Or do they not react with change based on feedback?

#8707 4 years ago

Definitely dump stats and settings before the update. You will lose high scores, coil strength customizations, and play counts.

#8708 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

So what is the interaction like between JJP and the posts here? Do they get ideas for software changes by feedback in this post? Or is there a better way to provide that? Or do they not react with change based on feedback?

Keefer watches, listens, probably laughs at stupid ideas. I trust his judgment.

#8709 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Plug a USB stick with nothing on it into the USB cable by the cash box. Go to Utilities - Settings Back Up then to Settings Back Up and do what the screen says. To put them back in go to Utilities - Settings Back up - Settings Restore and do what the screen says.

LTG : )

#8710 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Keefer watches, listens, probably laughs at stupid ideas. I trust his judgment.

LOL... so it's sort of an unofficial connection. Are there other ways/places JJP gets feedback on gameplay and software issues? I guess I was thinking it might be nice if JJP had a suggestion management system that could have votes for various ideas. I've used this function with several software companies and you get to find out about issues/suggestions you didn't know about and vote on the ones you think are important. Maybe that is helpful for developers to focus on and to find out about issues that they might not otherwise have known about. Would emailing JJP support lead to any change in the game code? It seems like it's sort of a veiled process right now.

#8711 4 years ago

Email Jen and ask to join the JJP owners google group. She can send you an invite.

#8712 4 years ago

LOL... so it's sort of an unofficial connection. Are there other ways/places JJP gets feedback on gameplay and software issues? ...

I've had success reporting software issues to their twitter account JJPSoftware. Received a reply after a few days with some insight into if they were known issues or not and when to expect it to be addressed.

#8713 4 years ago

LOL... so it's sort of an unofficial connection. Are there other ways/places JJP gets feedback on gameplay and software issues? I guess I was thinking it might be nice if JJP had a suggestion management system that could have votes for various ideas. I've used this function with several software companies and you get to find out about issues/suggestions you didn't know about and vote on the ones you think are important. Maybe that is helpful for developers to focus on and to find out about issues that they might not otherwise have known about. Would emailing JJP support lead to any change in the game code? It seems like it's sort of a veiled process right now.

You can always make suggestions here as Lloyd pointed out and if enough people see a value in the suggestion I suspect JJP (Keefer) will consider it. To have a demand line requesting person changes I suspect would be counter productive as many may not see the suggestion as an improvement. A bug issue however is always of interest to the program team.

#8714 4 years ago

After powering up after update, the BP continues rocking instead of the previous once back and forth. Anyone seeing this?

Does it while in menu too... BP gets progressively slower.

#8715 4 years ago

It’s doing a full calibration no worries

#8716 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Non issue that can only be prevented by not playing your pins. Pirates dimples more because it's played more

Pirates dimples more too because its got a little extra flex in its clearcoat vs. previous JJP games, especially Hobbit.

#8717 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Pirates dimples more too because its got a little extra flex in its clearcoat vs. previous JJP games, especially Hobbit.

Eh, people say that about every game though.

#8718 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Ok, I'll bite. How was it determined to have more Flex and what does that mean?? Seems like any other playfield I have ever owned from any other vendor.

#8719 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Email Jen and ask to join the JJP owners google group. She can send you an invite.

Done.

#8720 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You can always make suggestions here as Lloyd pointed out and if enough people see a value in the suggestion I suspect JJP (Keefer) will consider it. To have a demand line requesting person changes I suspect would be counter productive as many may not see the suggestion as an improvement. A bug issue however is always of interest to the program team.

Yeah, I mean honestly that sounds pretty sketch. Like, hoping that one guy will happen to catch your post and think it's worthwhile to look in to? Obviously I can't dictate JJP processes but there are areas where there is some room for improvement. A support ticketing system is sorely lacking, it's sort of a free for all right now. A reporting system, with or without voting, could be a huge time saver for both customers and employees. Knowing if an issue has been acknowledged, is part of an upcoming update, etc. would cut down on speculation, duplicated reporting, repeated questions, etc. Really a no brainer from someone who's used these kinds of systems across multiple industries and needs. But, it's all about business processes and how they choose to allocate resources and money.

Is this the official JJP forum? Is this the only place JJP monitors? Are employees of JJP acting in an official capacity here? Some have JJP in their profile, some don't. Like someone said, Twitter was an avenue to report an issue, but does that really help someone else who might have the same issue? I've tried to post threads here when I find an issue, with or without a solution, but how often does that really happen? How easy would it be for an owner to find out if an issue is known and if not to report it. I've never, ever, ever gotten response from JJP when submitting their support form online. I left a voicemail at 6pm PST or something and Lloyd called me back within hours. It's not like JJP isn't responsive in the general sense but there are must less expensive products that have these processes in place.

If nothing else, a centralized issue system segmented by game and maybe even release version (knowing if a fix is planned for a specific release or was fixed/released in a specific version). Reading the change text files is ... daunting. But I'm anal and a programmer (which it seems like most? pinball owners are, lol) so I see solutions.

So... will we get a ball save on either the starfield or tortuga holes? Do more people need to request it? It's just a bit confusing to me but I guess that is the nature of micro-pinball manufacturing.

*Edit, attached an image of a basic example that one of the companies I use has implemented. There are even systems that tie right in to code commit systems, like git, which handle release version tagging and relationships to opened issues.

SpamHero_Member_Area (resized).jpgSpamHero_Member_Area (resized).jpg

#8721 4 years ago

Yeah, I mean honestly that sounds pretty sketch. Like, hoping that one guy will happen to catch your post and think it's worthwhile to look in to?

I can tell you the JJP folks are very interested and do follow up. You can always file a support ticket with them directly.

#8722 4 years ago

So... will we get a ball save on either the starfield or tortuga holes? Do more people need to request it? It's just a bit confusing to me but I guess that is the nature of micro-pinball manufacturing.

I strongly believe Tortuga does not need a ball save. With the correct scoop and coil adjustments, it fires very reliably into the left flipper.

I don't think the star map is an issue either, but it could be wear on the rubber up there that I don't yet see.

#8723 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I strongly believe Tortuga does not need a ball save. With the correct scoop and coil adjustments, it fires very reliably into the left flipper.
I don't think the star map is an issue either, but it could be wear on the rubber up there that I don't yet see.

I have the tortuga scoop in hand, so I'll be able to test that out to see if I can hit the hole better and how it kicks out. Also the spring washer (or other way) to possibly keep the coil from moving around. I also need to replace the worn rubber at the starfield to know more. I think that is the biggest issue, as you and others have noted, is the starfield - with nothing you can adjust and through no fault of your own a STDFM drain is a hit to the gut.

**Also, without a way to track this stuff it's pretty apparent through different issues (mine and other's sound issues, post dimpling/cracking of playfield) that this shit gets repeated ad nauseum here and beat to death.

#8724 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I can tell you the JJP folks are very interested and do follow up. You can always file a support ticket with them directly.

Heh.. no you can't, there is no ticket system. At least not that I have seen any evidence of. It's really about figuring out who to contact directly and keeping a relationship with them At least that's what I've found. I mean, if they aren't here in an official capacity (and heck, even if they are), huge freaking props to the JJP folks for even dealing with this group of misfits.

#8725 4 years ago

Heh.. no you can't, there is no ticket system. At least not that I have seen any evidence of. It's really about figuring out who to contact directly and keeping a relationship with them At least that's what I've found. I mean, if they aren't here in an official capacity (and heck, even if they are), huge freaking props to the JJP folks for even dealing with this group of misfits.

This is where I go. They seem fairly responsive. I would give that a try. Or you could typically go to the distributor you purchased your game from most are very helpful in presenting or supporting your requests.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 3.57.35 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-05-07 at 3.57.35 PM (resized).png
#8726 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I find it hard to believe you never get a SDTM from starting chapters. Once again its fairly rare when it happens but if you have a killer game going and you have started 10-15 chapters good chance one of those drained on you. Starting a chapter is a core part of the game and you should never be punished for hitting it. This is the only place I feel this way. Cheap drains from 2x-6x targets fine I knew what I was getting into when I went for the shot. Cheap drain from inner loop should have hit it with flipper. Literally everything else there are things to do to prevent the drain not from chapter select area. I agree tortuga does not need a ball save. Chapter select does.

#8727 4 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

After powering up after update, the BP continues rocking instead of the previous once back and forth. Anyone seeing this?
Does it while in menu too... BP gets progressively slower.

It's an auto-calibration. Just let it complete.

#8728 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Eh, people say that about every game though.

Not WoZ. It has the smallest dimpling of any recent game I've seen. More like classic B/W level.

#8729 4 years ago

Don’t get a ton of drains from the chapter shot but it does happen occasionally at what seems to be the worst time...lol

Rather than a timed save, what about a save if no switches have been it since the start of chapter?

#8730 4 years ago

Update went well, restore settings also ok. Thanks for the update.

#8731 4 years ago

Game three on .99, had I timed out the fifth mode I could have gone for COTBP Wizard mode for the first time. *Sigh*

IMG_20190507_162905 (resized).jpgIMG_20190507_162905 (resized).jpg

#8732 4 years ago

there is no ticket system.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/

Some have JJP in their profile,

I do.

Are employees of JJP acting in an official capacity here?

I'm not.

#8733 4 years ago

Not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but like I said I've never once gotten a reply from that form. No notice that I had a ticket open (with a ticket id or the like) and no response. Maybe I'm an anomaly. I can say my direct emailing with JJP staff has been relatively responsive.

#8734 4 years ago

Not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but like I said I've never once gotten a reply from that form. No notice that I had a ticket open (with a ticket id or the like) and no response. Maybe I'm an anomaly. I can say my direct emailing with JJP staff has been relatively responsive.

I'm sure you have checked your Spam folder and if so, that's odd...

#8735 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I'm sure you have checked your Spam folder and if so, that's odd...

Sounds like others are, so maybe it's limited to me. I run my own hosting company and manage our spam cloud engine so somewhat unlikely that it got caught but not out of question.

#8736 4 years ago

Sounds like others are, so maybe it's limited to me. I run my own hosting company and manage our spam cloud engine so somewhat unlikely that it got caught but not out of question.

It's entirely plausible that there was an actual server issue when you went to submit your ticket. Unlikely, but possible and I don't think that's something they would have advertised.

Try it now and see what happens?

#8737 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

It's entirely plausible that there was an actual server issue when you went to submit your ticket. Unlikely, but possible and I don't think that's something they would have advertised.
Try it now and see what happens?

When you submit a ticket, you get an automated acknowlegement via email.

#8738 4 years ago

**Also, without a way to track this stuff it's pretty apparent through different issues (mine and other's sound issues, post dimpling/cracking of playfield) that this shit gets repeated ad nauseum here and beat to death.

That is the point of the index on the tech thread. This Tortuga scoop issue is there. Dimpling is just noise that people complain about on all pins and ignored. The cracking playfield is also on the index.

#8739 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This is where I go. They seem fairly responsive. I would give that a try. Or you could typically go to the distributor you purchased your game from most are very helpful in presenting or supporting your requests.
[quoted image]

AH... this is a different form that I've used (it's the one under support) http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/ so maybe that is the issue. Looks like the one I was using is powered by Netsuite (the ERP system JJP uses) and maybe the general contact form is more of just an email to someone. I don't believe I used the general form, just the tech support one.

#8740 4 years ago

On a totally different note, what pitch does everyone have their game at?

#8741 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

On a totally different note, what pitch does everyone have their game at?

Top of the bubble at the second line from the bottom.

#8742 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Dimpling is just noise that people complain about on all pins and ignored.

HAHA

#8743 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is the point of the index on the tech thread. This Tortuga scoop issue is there. Dimpling is just noise that people complain about on all pins and ignored. The cracking playfield is also on the index.

Yeah, but not all of the data is contained within the referenced post. So you still have to sort through a bunch of posts because you'll have bozos like me who ask other questions, get different bits of info, etc. from further posts down the line. I mean, keeping this off-topic stuff going, I wish pinside was threaded like Reddit. It would make these out of band discussions much less interrupting to the main thread and it would be way easier to find stuff.

#8744 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Top of the bubble at the second line from the bottom.

On the subject of leveling?

Any "tips" to help level? This is a very heavy pin and I may just need more people. I'm at about 6.2, but been working to get it to 6.5. I think 6.5 is pretty much the universal accepted standard.

#8745 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Any "tips" to help level? This is a very heavy pin and I may just need more people. I'm at about 6.2, but been working to get it to 6.5. I think 6.5 is pretty much the universal accepted standard.

Build yourself a Harbor Freight pinball jack. That thread will be happy to see you!

#8746 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I just use a crowbar (with cloth over the tip, otherwise it will dig into the powdercoating on the underside of the leg) to raise the legs one at a time so I can raise/lower the feet. I'm usually solo, so this works reliably and with a minimum of effort.

You can also test side to side level with a pinball. Put it on the top edge of the lockdown bar in the middle. If it doesn't roll, you're level. If it does, raise the side it's rolling toward until it doesn't roll.

#8747 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Isn’t the game designed so that if all the levellers are all the way in, it’s naturally at 6.5?

#8748 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just use a crowbar (with cloth over the tip, otherwise it will dig into the powdercoating on the underside of the leg) to raise the legs one at a time so I can raise/lower the feet. I'm usually solo, so this works reliably and with a minimum of effort.
You can also test side to side level with a pinball. Put it on the top edge of the lockdown bar in the middle. If it doesn't roll, you're level. If it does, raise the side it's rolling toward until it doesn't roll.

Very good! I was thinking maybe a jack or something, but didn't know if that was a bit extreme.

#8749 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Isn’t the game designed so that if all the levellers are all the way in, it’s naturally at 6.5?

I have heard this, but I'm not sure. I heard Jack specifically state this on DI. On hardfloor maybe, but I'm on carpet so that changes things.

#8750 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

This goes to the correct pitch question not the levelers.

For correct pitch, it depends on the game. For example anything less than 7 on Monster Bash Remake pretty much plays like garbage, as in, ball goes STDM from right bumpers and sometimes gets stuck going up the left ramp.

My POTC LE is at 6.5, how designed, and plays nice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/175 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.