(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 364 of 378.
#18151 1 year ago

does the beta have a grand wizard mode?

#18152 1 year ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Quoted from palmab03:

No not yet

#18153 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Thanks Mirco playfield... THIS is the reason i sold m'y CE. I was affraid playing it because i had issues AT each Time with Mirco...

This is typically wear on a game like this if not protected. Don't get me wrong, Mirco quality control with these PFs may have made it worst but it could honestly happen on any game over time.

#18154 1 year ago

FYI...

I guess random character select is left flipper 5x. I have not tried it yet but I did find this buried in this thread.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProudPiliableTroutTwitchRaid

#18155 1 year ago

I’ve always held left flipper and hit right flipper a bunch to start random select.

#18156 1 year ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

I’ve always held left flipper and hit right flipper a bunch to start random select.

Aye - that be the proper way matey!

Arrr!

#18157 1 year ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

I'll give that a shot since the other way didn't work.

Thank You

#18158 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Aye - that be the proper way matey!
Arrr!

That doesn't work for me either. What software code are you on?

I hold the left flipper and click the right how many times?

#18159 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That doesn't work for me either. What software code are you on?
I hold the left flipper and click the right how many times?

I'm currently running the Beta software, but this method has been the way you start random character select as long as I can recall. And I bought my Pirates new when it was first available from JJP.

You're probably not hitting the right button rapidly enough. When you start a new game and it asks you to choose a character, while holding the left flipper button in, hit the right button (around 5 or so times) in quick succession.

It has to be turned on in your game's settings too.

#18160 1 year ago

I'm currently running the Beta software, but this method has been the way you start random character select as long as I can recall. And I bought my Pirates new when it was first available from JJP.
You're probably not hitting the right button rapidly enough. When you start a new game and it asks you to choose a character, while holding the left flipper button in, hit the right button (around 5 or so times) in quick succession.
It has to be turned on in your game's settings too.

Tuna_Delight is correct.

#18161 1 year ago

It looks like random is turned on by default, I will try it again later today and report back.

Thanks Guys

ps. Got it, thanks again.

#18162 1 year ago

Random Select is kinda janky, I mean I can get it to work but I am not really sure how. I hold the left flipper in and hit the right a bunch of times but it does not always work. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries.

#18163 1 year ago

I'm in the beta but changed phones and can't figure out how to get my Telgram settings back. Can someone PM the beta 5 link to me? I'll either figure out how to get back into the Telegram group or email JJP, since I want to provide feedback for the beta.

#18164 1 year ago
Quoted from Frogman:

I'm in the beta but changed phones and can't figure out how to get my Telgram settings back. Can someone PM the beta 5 link to me? I'll either figure out how to get back into the Telegram group or email JJP, since I want to provide feedback for the beta.

There is no Beta 5 code link. The game has to go to Beta and then update via the game itself to version 5 AFAIK.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

#18165 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

There is no Beta 5 code link. The game has to go to Beta and then update via the game itself to version 5 AFAIK.

You are correct. I just checked my machine and noticed an “update available” icon. Thanks.

#18166 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Only the original beta is linked on telegram. Once installed you opt in then everything is done thru WiFi

#18167 1 year ago

The key to the random select is you need to press and hold the left flipper, then quickly (while holding the left flipper) hit the right flipper five times. If this doesn't work, you need to release the left flipper and try all over again.

#18168 1 year ago

Or you could close your eyes while holding the flipper

#18169 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

What is everyone on Beta 5 using for EQ settings?

I came here to ask this. I'm hitting up a friend who works in sound this week to come tweak it. I'll let you know what he comes up with.

#18170 1 year ago

Do the Art of Pinball sculpted plastics install on top the factory plastics or do you remove the stock plastics firsts ?

#18171 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Do the Art of Pinball sculpted plastics install on top the factory plastics or do you remove the stock plastics firsts ?

They replace the stock plastics for the most part. It has been a while since I installed mine, but looking at it now, it appears the far left inlane plastic (sculpted woman figure) goes over the existing plastic.

#18172 1 year ago

They replace the stock plastics for the most part. It has been a while since I installed mine, but looking at it now, it appears the far left inlane plastic (sculpted woman figure) goes over the existing plastic.

Thank you!

#18173 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me where these art blades can be bought?

Thank You

108ae30ed056f3fd4f735b2a8c5096e6a89e5e4e (resized).jpg108ae30ed056f3fd4f735b2a8c5096e6a89e5e4e (resized).jpgddfb4f0ebae7fcab660af3e524e5892fc36b2289 (resized).jpgddfb4f0ebae7fcab660af3e524e5892fc36b2289 (resized).jpg

These looks similar but they are not the same when you compare them.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-the-kraken-gameblades

#18175 1 year ago

Yeah. I deleted my post because I found them shortly after.

It does not look like they come with holes cutout for the bolts, man I hate that. I wish JJP offered them like Stern does.

#18176 1 year ago

Not a big deal. Install the blades and then use an X-acto blade to cut the hole.

Perfect alignment!

#18177 1 year ago

Not a big deal. Install the blades and then use an X-acto blade to cut the hole.
Perfect alignment!

Probably what I am going to have to do. I like the precut holes for alignment honestly.

My game came with a set installed but they need to be replaced. I should practice cutting holes in them before I replace them.

#18178 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yeah. I deleted my post because I found them shortly after.
It does not look like they come with holes cutout for the bolts, man I hate that. I wish JJP offered them like Stern does.

Send them to me. For a small fee I’ll cut them for you. Shipping is on you though

#18179 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Send them to me. For a small fee I’ll cut them for you. Shipped is on you though

HAH! I'm sure I can figure it out myself but thanks.

#18180 1 year ago

Don't you just love the haters that probably never played this game and keep giving low rating because they hate to see how much it is selling for.

#18181 1 year ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Don't you just love the haters that probably never played this game and keep giving low rating because they hate to see how much it is selling for.

One day hopefully they will grow up and become productive peace making adult citizens.

#18182 1 year ago

Listed a set of Rad Cals for POTC LE sometime back and forgot to list in here in case anyone is looking.

Parts - For Sale
NOS (New Old Stock) - “Unobtainable and rare, a fresh set of NOS Rad Cals for Pirates LE. They are big and they are heavy. They must be shipped flat and will not/ cannot be rolled. ***Rad Cals still ha...”
2023-02-16
Danville, PA
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 165 times

#18183 1 year ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Agreed. I’ve been wanting to buy this machine for a long time and finally bought it and picked it up this past Saturday. Whenever I would talk to people about this game they always say “it’s so overvalued”.

I get it isnt as inexpensive as most machines, but the value is insane. Easily one of the most fun games ever built. There is a reason the price is so high.

#18184 1 year ago
Quoted from OleSilverBalls:

Agreed. I’ve been wanting to buy this machine for a long time and finally bought it and picked it up this past Saturday. Whenever I would talk to people about this game they always say “it’s so overvalued”.
I get it isnt as inexpensive as most machines, but the value is insane. Easily one of the most fun games ever built. There is a reason the price is so high.

Completely agree

#18185 1 year ago

Pirates may have been one of the first pins to jump to super high prices, but nowadays everyone who is selling a "Really Nice" pin thinks it's worth crazy $. I recently saw ads for a Demo Man asking $6500 and an IJ asking $17.5k! Such is life in the pin world these days.

#18187 1 year ago

FYI Guys.... For anyone who is running Beta code version 5 there is a headphone jack issue where the audio will switch over to the headphones but there will be no audio in the headphones. I spent the last couple days trying to trouble shoot this with the help of others to find out that it is a code issue so I wanted to let you all know.

Happy Sailing!

ps. The beta team is aware of this issue so hopefully it will be corrected in a future update as they did say they would work on it.

#18188 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Pirates may have been one of the first pins to jump to super high prices, but nowadays everyone who is selling a "Really Nice" pin thinks it's worth crazy $. I recently saw ads for a Demo Man asking $6500 and an IJ asking $17.5k! Such is life in the pin world these days.

I love Demo Man, best pin for combos IMO and it's not close. As for IJ, I picked one up for $14k a year ago, felt a little buyer's remorse because it was so much for a mid 90's pin, but feeling really good about it now. Just wait for how much those will be selling for if the IJ&Dial of Destiny is a big hit. Heard the rumor this week that IJ&DoD may be the Stern pin for first half of 2024. Don't care what the price is, put me down for a CE. The dead period of pinball after the 90's left a severe lack of inventory for the amount of buyers we've seen the past 2 years.

#18189 1 year ago

hmm this isn't our experience seen from good old Europe where the "golden area" pinballs ( #MM ; #IJTPA ) and "jjp" (#POTC ; #WOZ ) pinballs are far more looked after than recent mainstream stern pinballs. Some sterns are exceptions ( #LOTR )

#18190 1 year ago
Quoted from etien:

hmm this isn't our experience seen from good old Europe where the "golden area" pinballs ( #MM ; #IJTPA ) and "jjp" (#POTC ; #WOZ ) pinballs are far more looked after than recent mainstream stern pinballs. Some sterns are exceptions ( #LOTR )

Everything has went up in price in the US. It’s quite maddening.

#18191 1 year ago

POTC is such an amazing game. Is it better than Godzilla, meh I'm not sure about that but it hard to compare because it is a totally different type of game. I just have so much fun playing it, I haven't had the desire to play something this much in a long time!

#18192 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

POTC is such an amazing game. Is it better than Godzilla, meh I'm not sure about that but it hard to compare because it is a totally different type of game. I just have so much fun playing it, I haven't had the desire to play something this much in a long time!

Couldn’t agree more. Both are Bolted to the floor. Chained and locked

#18193 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Couldn’t agree more. Both are Bolted to the floor. Chained and locked

I like them both a lot and have no plans to get rid of either but I would never say never.

Right now I am trying to build up my collection of games so I want to get more rather than get rid of any. I am interested in another JJP game but I am going to wait to see what's next before I buy another one of their games. I have an Elvira on order so that should be the next game for me.

#18194 1 year ago

I love Demo Man, best pin for combos IMO and it's not close.

Sold our DM some years ago, but I agree, great flow. Prior to covid and pins becoming collectables, pins sold based on playability and theme (and condition of course). That's why a pin like DM was $2400 - $2800, always... always

#18195 1 year ago

Has anyone switch out the rubbers on their game to something other than clear? Looking for ideas...

#18196 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Has anyone switch out the rubbers on their game to something other than clear? Looking for ideas...

I switched to regular white rubber to give it more of that classic B/W feel and take some stress off of the posts, but that's probably a more niche preference these days.

1 week later
#18197 1 year ago

The triumphant return of the 3 spinning disks in JJPPOTC. Shout out to my brother superdrummer20 and his 3D printer. And Patrick Dewane whose double herringbone planetary gear CAD model I utilized from grabcad.com.

Screenshot_20230211_132003_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230211_132003_Gallery (resized).jpg
#18198 1 year ago
Quoted from cliffordpd:

The triumphant return of the 3 spinning disks in JJPPOTC. Shout out to my brother superdrummer20 and his 3D printer. And Patrick Dewane whose double herringbone planetary gear CAD model I utilized from grabcad.com.

Just spin or does earlier software support it ? I don't think later software supports it.

LTG : )

#18199 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just spin or does earlier software support it ? I don't think later software supports it.
LTG : )

Just spins and looks cool

#18200 1 year ago
Quoted from cliffordpd:

[quoted image]

Dude that’s amazing! Even if it’s not what it was ‘supposed’ to be it’s still cool just to add in yet another “lost” feature!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Wanted
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 364 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/364 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.