(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 377.
#6651 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I had the same issue for nearly two hours Saturday night. I tried to look at photos to see where those wire looms had been, but really couldn't tell which way would help. I'll note and try this next time. Thank you for your input!
Is it making it in the slots at least?

Yes makes it to slots fine now

#6652 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, I think it's a good blend between both rulesets. LOTR is loaded with progressive based modes while WOZ has a few of those but has many switch points based modes (first 3 Munchkin modes, Crystal ball modes, Haunted modes).
The 125 chapter modes in Pirates are not progressive based but still feel like modes from LOTR in the sense that you have to hit specific shots on the playfield. I tend to prefer hit specific shots type modes versus random switch based modes (hit orbits, pops, all switches, etc) that become dull quickly in my opinion. Every chapter mode in Pirates has you working the playfield in a different way which is pretty cool. Theres also callouts for specific character shots as well as those remaining to help make up for the lack of actor audio / video a bit.
Multiball modes, besides Curse of the Black Pearl, feel a bit like switch based modes with the same shots being hit over and over for jackpots. Wizard modes take things back to LOTR and WOZ mini wizard mode design in the sense they are these separate events that occur in the game and are progressive based. Overall it's a pretty cool ruleset design.

The other thing that adds to this is that some of the shots you cannot get to from a normal cradle hold with the main flippers without having to serve the ball to another flipper (Pearl flippers or upper left Bayou flipper), very similar to TZ, IMDN, TRON. Serving the ball to the Bayou Flipper is especially tough, as the only direct serve to it is thru the pops or thru an unlit chest, otherwise it's a lucky bounce shot. That is something you cannot get from a "normal" 2 flipper fan layout (MM, AFM, Deadpool, Munsters, GotG) that most games are nowadays.

Add that complexity to the multitude of modes........it's ARRGGGHHH time!! It will take one HECK of a game to even reach the Final "Beat the Curse" wizard mode once Keefer codes it!

#6653 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Purchased a manual to go with my LE - cool document! Unfortunately, it was bound incorrectly with the back cover on top of the front. Gonna have to take it to Kinkos to get it fixed as the binding machine at my workplace won't accommodate the wire binding used.
ARGH (and not a pirate argh).

Wow.....just....wow....

#6654 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Wow.....just....wow....

I would tell them to send me a new one!

#6655 4 years ago

just got my cliffys this week . just in time. found this when i was about to take the pearl off. how that happened have no idea.

this is just a heads up to the guys who dont think they need cliffys.

IMG_20190402_223108 (resized).jpgIMG_20190402_223108 (resized).jpgIMG_20190402_223115 (resized).jpgIMG_20190402_223115 (resized).jpg
#6656 4 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

just got my cliffys this week . just in time. found this when i was about to take the pearl off. how that happened have no idea.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Echoes of Dialed In's SIM Card hole chipping. Like they eventually did on Dialed In after months of failures, JJP should be using actual cliffies from the factory to protect the SURFACE of the proven chippable mirco playfields, not the inside of the holes OR get the next level up of Mirco playfields that are supposedly harder. Mirco offers several levels of PF finish, but you have to pay as you go up them.

#6657 4 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

I'm not seeing damage anywhere. Am I just missing it? You're not talking about the mylar bubble on the right of the hole are you? That's not PF damage, it's just a mylar bubble. :p In fact, most POTCs seem to have it. Mine has it too. It's like the mylar wasn't set correctly on the PF or sized wrong. But the PF is undamaged underneath.

#6658 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'm not seeing damage anywhere. Am I just missing it? You're not talking about the mylar bubble on the right of the hole are you? That's not PF damage, it's just a mylar bubble. :p In fact, most POTCs seem to have it. Mine has it too. It's like the mylar wasn't set correctly on the PF or sized wrong. But the PF is undamaged underneath.

It looks like the playfield is chipped under that mylar, but it may be the angle. A closer picture would be good.

#6659 4 years ago

the bubble is what i'm talking about no chipping yet, knock on wood. i just cleaned this machine not even 2 weeks ago. the bubble was not there 2 weeks ago.

#6660 4 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

the bubble is what i'm talking about no chipping yet, knock on wood. i just cleaned this machine not even 2 weeks ago.

So because there is a bubble in mylar that was there from the factory, it means we need a cliffys? Sorry not sure I understand then.

#6661 4 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

the bubble is what i'm talking about no chipping yet, knock on wood. i just cleaned this machine not even 2 weeks ago.

Same here, mylar was lifting on the right side. Just remove it and add the cliffy - problem solved! On a side note, seems like your back defector is installed at a really strange angle - not perpendicular to the hole? But I guess if the ball drops down then it's fine.

#6662 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

I feel bad for the operators of the one we have on location. Its been nothing but a nightmare to support and we still don't have a properly rocking Black Pearl (i think the wiring harness was too tight and just broke) or a canon that can score a direct hit on the dauntless (an issue that looks like its been solved earlier in this thread). The Malestorm diverter has also recently started tossing balls right out of the ramp back onto the playfield if the ball hits it with too much speed. Likely a minor adjustment needed on that one.

I was thinking about this the other night - just how difficult it must be to keep this pin playing well on locations. Can't remember the last time I played mine without having to remove the glass for something, and that's in a home environment. I get that with any pin things go south, it's the nature of the beast, but my two Williams from the 90's are usually rock solid. Maybe it's a sign of the times and how things are manufactured these days. Regardless, I wonder if POTC doesn't get the love it deserves because when on location it's likely not playing 100 percent.

#6663 4 years ago

I must've gotten lucky. I've only lifted the playfield once and haven't even opened the head.

#6664 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I must've gotten lucky. I've only lifted the playfield once and haven't even opened the head.

I can't remember the last time I had to lift the playfield for something. I think it was maybe last month to adjust a post in the orbit.

#6665 4 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I would tell them to send me a new one!

I may need to as I just found out over lunch that Kinkos doesn't work with these kind of wire bindings. I don't want to be a PITA to JJP, but I don't want to bend the binding either trying to get all the pages out in order to insert the back cover back in either. For $120 (including shipping) a deluxe manual really should have a back cover.

#6666 4 years ago

I'm making a mod for POTC... this will replace the star map. This mod will just hang off the star map, and it will include a screen about the same size as the one featured in the Hobbit game.

It will feature a 3D print cover for the screen, and show clips from the movie. I'm not selling the video just the mod which will feature a screen and player. All you do is pop in a mini SD card and play the whole movie if you want.

We're going to mock up an awesome set of clips, we do CGI work, video production for the amusement attractions we build World Wide. So this will be easy... I was going to do the same thing for ACDC but rather 3D print a stage that holds a screen.

I'll have it to show within the next couple of weeks. Its going to be pretty neat.

This will finally end the whole issue of no film clips.

#6667 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm making a mod for POTC... this will replace the star map. This mod will just hang off the star map, and it will include a screen about the same size as the one featured in the Hobbit game.
It will feature a 3D print cover for the screen, and show clips from the movie. I'm not selling the video just the mod which will feature a screen and player. All you do is pop in a mini SD card and play the whole movie if you want.
We're going to mock up an awesome set of clips, we do CGI work, video production for the amusement attractions we build World Wide. So this will be easy... I was going to do the same thing for ACDC but rather 3D print a stage that holds a screen.
I'll have it to show within the next couple of weeks. Its going to be pretty neat.
This will finally end the whole issue of no film clips.

But it will obscure the star map? Why would you want to lose that? It's integrated into the gameplay...

#6668 4 years ago

Ok just spent a good couple hours properly going over the machine. have not got to switches yet might be a lengthy post, I'm a attn to detail guy and a little ocd at times here goes wish me luck.

Lighting
#084 "not used" Lights left spinner
#090 "GI left flipper guide high" No light. do not see a place for light. there is a spotlight there
#119 "upper sling low" No light
#121 "right orbit jackpot" No light
#122 "Top POP Mystery" No light
#123 "Top Sling Mystery" No Light
#124 "mid POP Mystery" No light
#125 "Right Pop Mystery" No Light
#126 "Carina" No Light
#127 "Norrington" No light
#128 "Phillip" No Light
#140 "Upper playfield right spinner" green produces yellow and white produces pink
#164 "Jack" No green white is pink
#168 "Left lane spinner light" Not working Light up under #084
#181 "Chest Right" No light
#195 "Right pop inside" No Light
#197 " Lower pop inside" No Light

Coils
#021 Can hear it fire but seems like it takes 4-5 seconds for it to reset. Is probly nothing but worth noting
#041 "Barrel spinning pop bumper" not spinning hitting wire form
#047 and #048 seem like they do nothing during test "Mini PF Rocking motion and Relay" during gameplay ship is rocking do not think it is going through the full motion. full right pf is level mid is slightly left and left is way left.
#072 "Black Pearl cannon door lock" does not fire. door does not open during test game.

Other Issues out of box
Few spots with targets too close together
Wire loom binded from factory
ball shooter tip broke within 10 games
ball shooter inconsistent often rattles around wireform even with a almost full plunge
found a thumbscrew in bottom of cabinet and a plastic piece that I very loosly think is a piece of one of the optos (I do not know what the optos look like but there is writing on it that say opto
Nothing happens during fork test
monitor is sagging on right side
and just because I'm picky and on a rampage. Where in the hell is the attract music. The Jersey Jack rock music every 10 minutes or so isn't fun (well it is but there needs to be something else)
bumps and divots on map spinner. pretty sure it should be flat.

Needless to say I'm a teed off at this point dont even know where to start and cant really play until I figure out some of these issues. Shouldnt have these many issues out of the box.

#6669 4 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

I had the same issue with the mylar coming up on the map hole and when I went to put the cliffy on, I had a large chip at that spot. So large that the cliffy would not even cover it all. I could not bring myself to even take a pic of it, I was bummed.... For all who are hoping it will not happen, it's a roll of the dice. I ordered the cliffy's as soon as it was mentioned on this thread. I had about 1500 games played...

#6670 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Ok just spent a good couple hours properly going over the machine. have not got to switches yet might be a lengthy post, I'm a attn to detail guy and a little ocd at times here goes wish me luck.
Lighting
#090 "GI left flipper guide high" No light. do not see a place for light. there is a spotlight there
#126 "Carina" No Light
#128 "Phillip" No Light
#140 "Upper playfield right spinner" green produces yellow and white produces pink
Coils
#021 Can hear it fire but seems like it takes 4-5 seconds for it to reset. Is probly nothing but worth noting
#047 and #048 seem like they do nothing during test "Mini PF Rocking motion and Relay" during gameplay ship is rocking do not think it is going through the full motion. full right pf is level mid is slightly left and left is way left.
#072 "Black Pearl cannon door lock" does not fire. door does not open during test game.
Other Issues out of box
ball shooter inconsistent often rattles around wireform even with a almost full plunge
found a thumbscrew in bottom of cabinet and a plastic piece that I very loosly think is a piece of one of the optos (I do not know what the optos look like but there is writing on it that say opto
and just because I'm picky and on a rampage. Where in the hell is the attract music. The Jersey Jack rock music every 10 minutes or so isn't fun (well it is but there needs to be something else)
Needless to say I'm a teed off at this point dont even know where to start and cant really play until I figure out some of these issues. Shouldnt have these many issues out of the box.

$3700, and I'll pay to have it picked up.

#6671 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$3700, and I'll pay to have it picked up.

I guess when its time to look for mods ill just skip over your website

#6672 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I guess when its time to look for mods ill just skip over your website

Well, I'm not opposed to a little negotiation either, as long as you pick up, too.

#6673 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Lighting
#126 "Carina" No Light
#128 "Phillip" No Light
Coils
Other Issues out of box
bumps and divots on map spinner. pretty sure it should be flat.

Is this a newer or early build game? Either way that number of issues is not acceptable. With the amount of lights you have out there has to be a loose connection somewhere on the wiring harness I would think.

The targets can be spaced out more evenly if desired, for the inconsistent shooter issue check to make sure that the shooter is hitting the ball in the middle / center and not off to the side (can adjust shooter holder on cabinet if that's the case). You can order shooter tips off Pinball Life for cheap or call JJP and ask them to send you a couple for free (can also discuss issues). Fork test may be another loose connection it's not working at all (does it work during the game?), for the monitor sagging make sure its latched properly on the right hand side.

#6674 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is this a newer or early build game? Either way that number of issues is not acceptable. With the amount of lights you have out there has to be a loose connection somewhere on the wiring harness I would think.
The targets can be spaced out more evenly if desired, for the inconsistent shooter issue check to make sure that the shooter is hitting the ball in the middle / center and not off to the side (can adjust shooter holder on cabinet if that's the case). You can order shooter tips off Pinball Life for cheap or call JJP and ask them to send you a couple for free (can also discuss issues). Fork test may be another loose connection it's not working at all (does it work during the game?), for the monitor sagging make sure its latched properly on the right hand side.

Bulid date 2-11-19 Fork works during game and can activate it in coil test. Just when I do the specific test for the forks in menu nothing happens. Ill look at the shooter replaced the tip with the one off the F-14 and its better but still rattles around way more than it should. Target issue is easy fix but getting complaints from the household about the issues and having to remove the mini playfield (for multiple issues) less than 24 hours after it was delivered.

#6675 4 years ago

Wanna talk about QC, opened my NIB yesterday and here are the issues I had right out of the box

1. No tilt bob
2. No CD manual
3. Flipper coils on upper playfield were installed reversed, that is to say the left flipper button fired the right upper playfield flipper and vice versa
4. Left flipper roll pin was barely in and left flipper quit working after about 5 games.

These are not shipping issues. These are sloppy assembly issues. Build date March 1, 2019.

There is no way anyone is testing these things before they leave the factory. If this was tested, there is no way it could have left the factory with such an obvious mistake as number 3 above. One hit of the flippers would have made it apparent.

#6676 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Bulid date 2-11-19 Fork works during game and can activate it in coil test. Just when I do the specific test for the forks in menu nothing happens. Ill look at the shooter replaced the tip with the one off the F-14 and its better but still rattles around way more than it should. Target issue is easy fix but getting complaints from the household about the issues and having to remove the mini playfield (for multiple issues) less than 24 hours after it was delivered.

For the fork test you may have to press the start button, close the door to allow it to activate, etc. May also be a bug, thankfully its working during gameplay. Is the shooter tip hitting the ball in the center / middle of the ball? If not that will cause issues.

#6677 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Wanna talk about QC, opened my NIB yesterday and here are the issues I had right out of the box
1. No tilt bob
2. No CD manual
3. Flipper coils on upper playfield were installed reversed, that is to say the left flipper button fired the right upper playfield flipper and vice versa
4. Left flipper roll pin was barely in and left flipper quit working after about 5 games.
These are not shipping issues. These are sloppy assembly issues.
There is no way anyone is testing these things before they leave the factory. If this was tested, there is no way it coukd have left the factory epwith such an obvious mistake as number 3 above.

Tilt bob and cd werent in the coin box?

#6678 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For the fork test you may have to press the start button, close the door to allow it to activate, etc. May also be a bug, thankfully its working during gameplay. Is the shooter tip hitting the ball in the center / middle of the ball? If not that will cause issues.

I’ll second the suggestion to close the coin door, coils are defeated when it’s open.

#6679 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

1. No tilt bob
2. No CD manual
These are not shipping issues. These are sloppy assembly issues.
There is no way anyone is testing these things before they leave the factory. If this was tested, there is no way it coukd have left the factory epwith such an obvious mistake as number 3 above.

Absolutely sloppy assembly issues. There may be so many QC issues as some factory workers are following the build process better then others. Depending on the build date some games are being put together better then others. If that's the case it's up to the factory manager and or a supervisor to make sure games are regularly being put together properly. All games should be play tested as well.

Tilt bob and CD for manual should be in the plastic bag with the power cord, at least that how mine came.

#6680 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Nope. Nowhere to be found.

#6681 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Yeah idiot, check the coin purse.

#6682 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Absolutely sloppy assembly issues. There may be so many QC issues as some factory workers are following the build process better then others. If that's the case it's up to the factory manager and or a supervisor to make sure games are regularly being put together properly. All games should be play tested as well.

Agreed! I firmly believe my game is proof positive that not all games are tested.

#6683 4 years ago

Clearly there is no testing before the games go out. To miss reversed flipper coils? There's no way that game was tested. Just assembled and shoved out the door. I can't believe JJP hasn't fired the jackass that's in charge of QC, with all the problems that's been reported over the last few months.

#6684 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

1. No tilt bob
2. No CD manual
These are not shipping issues. These are sloppy assembly issues. Build date March 1, 2019.
There is no way anyone is testing these things before they leave the factory. If this was tested, there is no way it could have left the factory with such an obvious mistake as number 3 above. One hit of the flippers would have made it apparent.

Wow sorry to hear. That's crazy.

#6685 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Clearly there is no testing before the games go out. To miss reversed flipper coils? There's no way that game was tested. Just assembled and shoved out the door. I can't believe JJP hasn't fired the jackass that's in charge of QC, with all the problems that's been reported over the last few months.

I thought there was an adjustment like on WOZ and so did Lloyd. No such adjustment. I love this game, but this is piss poor quality control.

#6686 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But it will obscure the star map? Why would you want to lose that? It's integrated into the gameplay...

I would easily give up the starmap for movie clips. I love the game but some items are just not necessary. Compass included. Starmap though is the biggest one though. Great mod excited to hear more

#6687 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow sorry to hear. That's crazy.

Imagine MY disappointment. I drove 10 minutes to his house and had to wait 5 minutes for him to correct left flipper issue.

#6688 4 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Imagine MY disappointment. I drove 10 minutes to his house and had to wait 5 minutes for him to correct left flipper issue.

And the “knob shiner” even expected it to be on free play

At least he brought pizza

#6689 4 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Oh the horror! Did you at least bring him over a large pie?

Seriously Jack must be flying these games right from assembly to the box. He can't get them out of the factory fast enough to let Wonka get in there. If I'm Eric in thinking cmon guys - little respect for my masterpiece..... Which this game really is. I'm not a GOAT guy but this and alien are my favorite two since the classic Bally Williams.

#6690 4 years ago

Wyseguy makes a good point. I was able to fix this stuff. Most normal folks couldn’t. If I had no knowledge of pins and bought this machine, I would never buy another. The flipper issue was not a subtle thing to fix.

#6691 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Oh the horror! Did you at least bring him over a large pie?
Seriously Jack must be flying these games right from assembly to the box. He can't get them out of the factory fast enough to let Wonka get in there. If I'm Eric in thinking cmon guys - little respect for my masterpiece..... Which this game really is. I'm not a GOAT guy but this and alien are my favorite two since the classic Bally Williams.

2. The pizzas the only reason he lets me come over!

#6692 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

1. No tilt bob
2. No CD manual

Wow....that's unbelievable that JJP is pushing out machines w/o "burning them in" first.

I have an POTC LE on order.

The only other JJP I have is my NIB WOZ ECLE. During those days, they would continuously perform tests for 24 hours before boxing up the machine for shipment.

I guess they are now going the "Stern route" and just slapping these machines together as quickly as possible w/o giving "quality" a second thought.....sad

#6693 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Wyseguy makes a good point. I was able to fix this stuff. Most normal folks couldn’t. If I had no knowledge of pins and bought this machine, I would never buy another. The flipper issue was not a subtle thing to fix.

Ya thats where I'm at. Mom is pissed feels like she wasted a bunch of money right now. sure the sis is dissappointed as she took a long weekend to play. And I'm just trying to be the damage control. If this was a system 11 (ive become quite familiar with them rebuilding a F-14) issues would be solved by now. Right now im at a in between I know how most of the stuff is supposed to work but the wiring is quite different and not like I can just pull out a mmeter and trace lines to figure it out. So yes I can fix it but will take me longer than it probly should and should not have had most of the issues to start with. Its a real kick in the balls when the first thing you have to do is remove the mini playfield

#6694 4 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

2. The pizzas the only reason he lets me come over!

Pizza is my weakness.

#6695 4 years ago

Who are you guys buying from? Your distributor should be taking care of these issues. Call them and ask them to send someone out or take the machine back. That's what a distributor is for.

#6696 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Who are you guys buying from? Your distributor should be taking care of these issues. Call them and ask them to send someone out or take the machine back. That's what a distributor is for.

I live in bumbfuck Ohio. Who would they ever send clear out here?

#6697 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I may need to as I just found out over lunch that Kinkos doesn't work with these kind of wire bindings. I don't want to be a PITA to JJP, but I don't want to bend the binding either trying to get all the pages out in order to insert the back cover back in either. For $120 (including shipping) a deluxe manual really should have a back cover.

Yeah, I'd definitely have them send you a new one. Shouldn't be a problem.

#6698 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Yeah, I'd definitely have them send you a new one. Shouldn't be a problem.

Agreed! Definitely send it back. If they start getting returns maybe the QC problem will finally need to be addressed.

#6699 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I live in bumbfuck Ohio. Who would they ever send clear out here?

Bumb, looking for some guaranteed action.

#6700 4 years ago

Closest dist I found was like 1000 miles away. I planned on calling them today but ran out of time going to call first thing in the morning. Fixing to go balls deep in this manual and figure some of this shit out

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/134 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.