(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 377.
#8101 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I will.
No problem.
LTG : )

You have my back in troubleshooting and matters of marital bliss, bless ye.

#8102 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I will.
No problem.
LTG : )

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I would be tempted to do it. Just be up front about it. Compared to buying a CE you will still be way ahead right?

Well... yeah... seems like a lot of work to end up with the same machine. I suppose if it was a CE I'd be more tempted. Argh (lol).

#8103 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

If it helps, I also bought two LE copies of POTC. Still married.

#8104 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:Sincerely, please never assume the just have fun and play are in Any way a group mentality to say we are not interested in helping those new to the hobby. Absolutely certain that is not the intension or vibe this forum is trying to convey. As you mention many Are new to this hobby and the Actual message being promoted is to not Fear enjoying and playing the game! We were ALL new at one point and like yourself if a seasoned contributor of the hobby said you MUST get this wax or gadget before playing I would freeze and say Oh my god I have to do that!! After years of playing in this hobby you will Hopefully find the confidence/knowledge to say "Its going to be fine, don't overanalyze it!" For the most part, we are Trying to comfort you and others into NOT spending all your hard earned money on things you don't Have to buy based on assumption or speculation. It's a toy not an investment. As long as it brings you the joy you imagined the result is Priceless! Scratches and All.

I'd like to say I'm just making assumptions, but I see a few times a week comments about a "just play and enjoy it, it's not art" kind of an attitude from people after multiple questions are pumped into the ether regarding preventative care or maybe just anxiety or actual issues they're concerned about.

This brilliant bad boy, has had some known issues out of box, maybe more so than many new pins due to it's vast complexity of features, and with that people hope to have questions answered. Two weeks ago tech questions got so boohooed and quashed, that a new thread was created to alleviate those questions. That didn't feel good, frankly, to be a new owner, and feel like I needed to mute actual legitimate concerns (I mean, my playfield wasn't able to actually be seated) or questions because owners months ago got a bit fed up of seeing umpteen new posts, and none of them regarding gameplay or code developments.

I could be making assumptions here or I could just be echoing frustration regarding people being frustrated......about new frustrated owners.

See, frustrating, isn't it?

Time for a beer. Later........ After work.

#8105 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'd like to say I'm just making assumptions, but I see a few times a week comments about a "just play and enjoy it, it's not art" kind of an attitude from people after multiple questions are pumped into the ether regarding preventative care or maybe just anxiety or actual issues they're concerned about.

The thing is, a lot of effort has been made to aggregate the issues and fixes so people can find their solutions quickly and get to enjoying their games.
The secondary reason for that is to reduce the noise in this thread from people asking the same questions, etc.

Lately it feels like a healthy level of paranoia/anxiety has been injected into the thread, switching from posts about what is broken to what might_ break or wear down the road. I for one am finding that a bit frustrating to the point that I un-faved the thread for a while and may do it again.

To be clear: if someone is having an issue on their game I want to be as helpful as possible to them (as do many others on the thread.) I just don't want to wade through 15 posts per hour about problems that don't exist.

#8106 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If it helps, I also bought two LE copies of POTC. Still married.

Nice work

I think I am going to hold on to my "buy two games" to get a LE or RR WOZ to upgrade my SE.

#8107 4 years ago

First, this is not directed at any one person.

There is a balance to be had, and unwritten forum etiquette to follow, in my humble opinion. The thread went from discussion, with a question or problem here and there, but then for many pages turned into a sounding board for every single question, thought, or problem, big or small, even completely off topic questions nothing to do with POTC at some points, and using the thread as a sounding board for over-analyzing and over-thinking, what might break, what will break, is this broken, where do I get the broken part replaced, can I repair the broken part, and it went on and on.

Many of the questions already had answers, easily found by a quick search of the thread using the forum search tool, or using the index of key posts at the top of every page. This is what frustrates people, and that's why the the perception was that questions were being "boohooed or quashed", because that frustration was coming through in posts. Using an example that I have seen before many times: if I didn't have wax or hadn't heard of waxing a playfield, and someone mentions waxing the playfield, I would have still just played the game and waxed it when I got the chance. Not create a post about what wax to use (a topic beaten to death, and I can find that answer myself), and then constantly talk about how I haven't played because I haven't gotten the wax yet, and what towels to use to wax it, and how much to use, and oh the wax came, but I still haven't played, etc and so on. :p

In this hobby, you definitely want to try and help yourself first, because it's the only way you're going to really learn. Give a man a fish vs teach a man (or yourself) to fish. I always try to search a thread, look for key posts, do a quick google search, see if I can turn up an answer. If I can't, I post the question here, and then figure it out from there. I don't turn the thread into my own personal diary of everything that happens from that point on.

Sorry if this comes off harsh, just trying to explain where the frustration comes from. If you have a problem that you've tried to search or resolve on your own and come here for help, no one will be upset. These are complex machines. But a little self help to start goes a long way in this hobby!

This topic had it's highest peak ever in posts per day over the past 2 weeks, something that doesn't happen unless there is a major announcement or change with the game. The peak for production ending happened first and was the highest ever, until the past 2 weeks surpassed that even.
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#8108 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

There is a balance to be had, and unwritten forum etiquette to follow, in my humble opinion. The thread went from discussion, with a question or problem here and there, but then for many pages turned into a sounding board for every single question, thought, or problem, big or small, even completely off topic questions nothing to do with POTC at some points, and using the thread as a sounding board for over-analyzing and over-thinking, what might break, what will break, is this broken, where do I get the broken part replaced, can I repair the broken part, and it went on and on.
Many of the questions already had answers, easily found by a quick search of the thread using the forum search tool, or using the index of key posts at the top of every page. This is what frustrates people, and that's why the the perception was that questions were being "boohooed or quashed", because that frustration was coming through in posts. Using an example that I have seen before many times: if I didn't have wax or hadn't heard of waxing a playfield, and someone mentions waxing the playfield, I would have still just played the game and waxed it when I got the chance. Not create a post about what wax to use (a topic beaten to death, and I can find that answer myself), and then constantly talk about how I haven't played because I haven't gotten the wax yet, and what towels to use to wax it, and how much to use, and oh the wax came, but I still haven't played, etc and so on. :p
In this hobby, you definitely want to try and help yourself first, because it's the only way you're going to really learn. Give a man a fish vs teach a man (or yourself) to fish. I always try to search a thread, look for key posts, do a quick google search, see if I can turn up an answer. If I can't, I post the question here, and then figure it out from there. I don't turn the thread into my own personal diary of everything that happens from that point on.
Sorry if this comes off harsh, just trying to explain where the frustration comes from. If you have a problem that you've tried to search or resolve on your own and come here for help, no one will be upset. These are complex machines. But a little self help to start goes a long way in this hobby!
This topic peaked in posts per day over the past 2 weeks, something that doesn't happen unless there is a major announcement or change with the game. The peak for production ending happened first, and the past 2 weeks surpassed that even.
[quoted image]

Well said and agreed.

#8109 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I wouldn't trust automated with $10k in cash, i'll barely even consider buying parts from them. Shifty sales tatics on used parts.
My point is that they probably don't have LE's.

Automated is 100% legit. Mike Dadonna is the owner and good friend of mine. If anyone needs any help or has trouble with communications for any reason please feel free to PM me and I can help you. I speak with Mike almost every day and he is one of the best in the biz.

I have an LE paid in full on the next batch at Automated.

#8110 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The thing is, a lot of effort has been made to aggregate the issues and fixes so people can find their solutions quickly and get to enjoying their games.
The secondary reason for that is to reduce the noise in this thread from people asking the same questions, etc.
Lately it feels like a healthy level of paranoia/anxiety has been injected into the thread, switching from posts about what is broken to what might_ break or wear down the road. I for one am finding that a bit frustrating to the point that I un-faved the thread for a while and may do it again.
To be clear: if someone is having an issue on their game I want to be as helpful as possible to them (as do many others on the thread.) I just don't want to wade through 15 posts per hour about problems that don't exist.

I remember a post around when you got your game in December I think, and you numbered the issues you had, and then subsequent problem finding posts, and those became a very useful wiki by you! We're all fumbling and stumbling to get these games up and running, and we all execute and handle that in different ways. This past Saturday I put about eight hours into getting things installed, issues corrected, and the game ready to play. To do that, I felt I needed a list of prebought and prepared parts lined up. Took mucho bucks, questions asked, and search functions used, and bookmarks referenced often, along with the digital manual. I got that stuff done, and didn't need to ask questions that longass day because I had thoroughly prior. So for that I am grateful. I'm just saying, help allow people the ability to feel comfort in asking those questions freely, rather than guilt them into shuffling off and being quiet because too many new posts are offputting in a pinball enthusiast thread. Kinda dampens the enthusiasm I guess, either way, for the question asker or reader.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

I agree, but as a community all of us can only direct and guide this learning process so much. There are often redundancies in this and any pinside thread. Some most likely made by myself, some by others. And I hope I don't get as frustrated at others, as some might at my own questions.

Outside of tech questions, this game isn't exactly new on the block. I personally don't have a lot to say gameplay/design wise, and I'm more apt to echo those thoughts on a Black Knight, Oktoberfest or Wonka thread. But hey, that's just me.

And Yelobird if I had Eric set up my game, I imagine my receiver, playfield hangers, and plunger would have been adjusted in an hour, (The guy is that good!) versus me scratching my head for weeks. Next time I buy from Kingpin, and maybe while I'm at it, I should move to the Chicagoland/Wisconsin area too!

#8111 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Automated is 100% legit. Mike Dadonna is the owner and good friend of mine. If anyone needs any help or has trouble with communications for any reason please feel free to PM me and I can help you. I speak with Mike almost every day and he is one of the best in the biz.

I agree, he has been excellent now five games purchased. In early in on DILE, late on IMDNLE, and so on. He went the extra mile on an MMR I accepted and found to be damaged after the shipper left. Don’t understand the criticism. Call and talk w Mike directly. He’s been great.

#8112 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I’ve bought several games from Automated Services. Professional and easy to deal with.
After buying a Hobbit from another JJP dealer , I bought Dialed In and Pirates from Automated and he has never asked for a deposit. I received my Pirates early last fall before many who paid deposits to other vendors.

#8113 4 years ago

Got my modcouple goodies today (seemed like I just ordered them yesterday)! Flippers, kraken, railing and dog barrel. Realized I need the other barrel now... and the pop bumper caps. Arrrrgh!

0424191704a (resized).jpg0424191704a (resized).jpg
#8114 4 years ago

Btw, if anyone wants to make some more mods, I could see the possibility for some lighting under the maelstrom ramp (light blue) and some sort of actual netting over the BP ramp.

#8115 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It’s also my understanding that Automated is JJP’s largest distro and it’s not even close.

#8116 4 years ago

I haven't visited this JJP POTC thread in a long time, played the game 6 months ago and forgot about it... now surprised about all the hype! I guess the $9500 price tag and feeling of having to play marathon games with no direction (that I was aware of, my fault of course) just made me never give it a second look. I guess some of the renewed interest is because Wonka is kind of disappointing?

I'm going to have to find one and play it again now. Not sure I would want to drop $9500 plus shipping on one though.

Good for all those jumping back in, I love JJP games and good to see this one taking off.. even if I can't afford one right now.

#8117 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I wouldn't trust automated with $10k in cash, i'll barely even consider buying parts from them. Shifty sales tatics on used parts.
My point is that they probably don't have LE's.

Wow! Quite an allegation. Mike is a good guy. Always answers his personal published cell phone number, even on evenings and weekends. I’ve bought several NIB games from other distributors. He is the only distributor I would ever buy from again. Unlike most “middle men” distributors I have dealt with in the past, Mike actually stocks the games he sells and ships them from his facility. No prepay, false promise, drop-ship, full of excuses, no updates, bullshit.

#8118 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Wow! Quite an allegation. Mike is a good guy. Always answers his personal published cell phone number, even on evenings and weekends. I’ve bought several NIB games from other distributors. He is the only distributor I would ever buy from again. Unlike most “middle men” distributors I have dealt with in the past, Mike actually stocks the games he sells and ships them from his facility. No prepay, false promise, drop-ship, full of excuses, no updates, bullshit.

They have a habit of listing parts for sale, then when you ask for more info... They raise the price.

#8119 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s also my understanding that Automated is JJP’s largest distro and it’s not even close.

I bought from automated a few times. Mike was awesome to deal with when my playfield had ghosting. He was awesome. Unlike curly he didn't give two shits about me after he had my money. Would strongly recommend automated thanks to his amazing service after the sale!

#8120 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

They have a habit of listing parts for sale, then when you ask for more info... They raise the price.

Understood. Never dealt with him on used stuff. Too bad if they do that.

#8121 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Next time I buy from Kingpin, and maybe while I'm at it, I should move to the Chicagoland/Wisconsin area too!

Sweet!

#8122 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I personally don't have a lot to say gameplay/design wise, and I'm more apt to echo those thoughts on a Black Knight, Oktoberfest or Wonka thread. But hey, that's just me.

Not that it matters really but part of the reason I un-starred and stopped following the thread was the lack of discussion surrounding the actual gameplay and strategy of Pirates and how everything in this thread has just devolved into a redundant problem solving and OCD preventative maintenance thread. There used to be some gameplay talk in here and it was nice to hear from others on their experiences - especially on a game with such dense rules and code.

Granted... I play Pirates on location so frankly I don't care about fixing the game or whatever slew of problems #XXX CE has out of the box. And I fully sympathize with anybody looking for some support when their new $9500 toy isn't working. So I'm glad this thread and the great people that post in here have been able to alleviate some of those issues.

But man - I guess I'm just more interested in hearing about how people are playing the game and some of the deeper exploiting of the game code that can be done with the various characters and their perks. I feel like that kind of discussion might actually help the people at JJP when they are looking at updating the code and balancing things out as best they can.

#8123 4 years ago

You guys really busted your humps setting things up for the event. From the Wonka bars, moving machines in, and lord knows what else. My friend and I were definitely impressed with yourself, Eric and your Dad!

I will say, I only got to have brats at the Brat House late downtown one night. Heard brats are more a cook at home, than out on the town, kinda thing.

Milwaukee was a pretty cool city for sure!

#8124 4 years ago

Gameplay question (mostly)!!!! The manual says two hits on the Dauntless without it going through the hole destroys it and qualifies COTBP multiball. The past couple weeks I've noticed a few games where I've hit the ship twice without it going through the hole but the multiball didn't qualify. It seems to be qualifying multiball only when I get it through the target hole. When I hit the ship it plays the video animation for a hit, and I haven't had an error reported for Switch 48 so that means it's been registering hits. I also just took the glass off, pulled the playfield forward, and went into switch tests to check #48 by hand. When I rock the Dauntless by hand the physical switch clicks and the machine dings, so the switch seems to be okay. It does seem like the ship has be rocked almost completely left for the switch to click though, and if it only gets rocked halfway left then the switch doesn't click, so I guess maybe it's possible some of my missed shots just didn't rock it far enough left? I thought I had a couple of games where I twice got the animation for a hit without it qualifying the multiball, but I could be mistaken. Just thought I'd see if anyone has had a similar experience. Meanwhile, back to work playing & getting better at the shot so this becomes a moot point!

Should I put mylar on the side of the ship to protect it from missed shots? Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. I truly went back and forth on whether or not to make that joke but I couldn't help myself.

#8125 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Gameplay question (mostly)!!!! The manual says two hits on the Dauntless without it going through the hole destroys it and qualifies COTBP multiball. The past couple weeks I've noticed a few games where I've hit the ship twice without it going through the hole but the multiball didn't qualify. It seems to be qualifying multiball only when I get it through the target hole. When I hit the ship it plays the video animation for a hit, and I haven't had an error reported for Switch 48 so that means it's been registering hits. I also just took the glass off, pulled the playfield forward, and went into switch tests to check #48 by hand. When I rock the Dauntless by hand the physical switch clicks and the machine dings, so the switch seems to be okay. It does seem like the ship has be rocked almost completely left for the switch to click though, and if it only gets rocked halfway left then the switch doesn't click, so I guess maybe it's possible some of my missed shots just didn't rock it far enough left? I thought I had a couple of games where I twice got the animation for a hit without it qualifying the multiball, but I could be mistaken. Just thought I'd see if anyone has had a similar experience. Meanwhile, back to work playing & getting better at the shot so this becomes a moot point!
Should I put mylar on the side of the ship to protect it from missed shots? Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. I truly went back and forth on whether or not to make that joke but I couldn't help myself.

If the switch is a leaf switch try adjusting it. I believe 48 is a leaf switch but don’t recall.

#8126 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Gameplay question (mostly)!!!! ...

I would suggest putting Mylar on your balls instead.

#8127 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Not that it matters really but part of the reason I un-starred and stopped following the thread was the lack of discussion surrounding the actual gameplay and strategy of Pirates and how everything in this thread has just devolved into a redundant problem solving and OCD preventative maintenance thread. There used to be some gameplay talk in here and it was nice to hear from others on their experiences - especially on a game with such dense rules and code.
Granted... I play Pirates on location so frankly I don't care about fixing the game or whatever slew of problems #XXX CE has out of the box. And I fully sympathize with anybody looking for some support when their new $9500 toy isn't working. So I'm glad this thread and the great people that post in here have been able to alleviate some of those issues.
But man - I guess I'm just more interested in hearing about how people are playing the game and some of the deeper exploiting of the game code that can be done with the various characters and their perks. I feel like that kind of discussion might actually help the people at JJP when they are looking at updating the code and balancing things out as best they can.

Gameplay question! I've played most games using Tia Dalma to try to get to wizard modes, but I'm thinking of trying Ragetti more under the theory that adding a ball can give me longer playing time and therefore a chance to play more chapters. Best way for me to get to wizard modes of course is to get better at shooting, but still... are there any preferences out there for which character to use to have a better chance at wizard modes?

#8128 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Gameplay question! I've played most games using Tia Dalma to try to get to wizard modes, but I'm thinking of trying Ragetti more under the theory that adding a ball can give me longer playing time and therefore a chance to play more chapters. Best way for me to get to wizard modes of course is to get better at shooting, but still... are there any preferences out there for which character to use to have a better chance at wizard modes?

Question about your question! I was playing as Ragetti the other day, and didn't manage to get an extra ball once on the Pearl. Are there specific qualifications necessary?

#8129 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Try Norrington - he’s able to mop up characters quickly because you get credit even if you brick the shots.

You might also get some results with Carina (more time for everything.)

Try to make the movie shot you’re going for, then make the chapter select immediately following...or at least before hitting another movie shot.

#8130 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Obviously this is completely anecdotal but I've had the most success attaining wizard modes using multiball focused characters and approaching the early part of my game on starting a multiball and ALWAYS having a Chapter running regardless of the color. And playing extremely safe even if it means timing out a Chapter.

After my first ball I usually look at what Movies have the most Chapters qualified and start focusing more on making that specific shot and then immediately starting the Chapter.

I fully admit that its a bit of a haphazard approach but I have much more success this way as opposed to using Tia Dalma and just picking the Chapters using the interface. I'm sure a more skilled player could take Tia and just run a clinic on the wizard modes with great play that would make me reconsider everything I've just posted. Probably part of the reason I love this pin.

#8131 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Question about your question! I was playing as Ragetti the other day, and didn't manage to get an extra ball once on the Pearl. Are there specific qualifications necessary?

I believe its just a matter of a shot registering on the Black Pearl and then mashing the action button.

#8132 4 years ago

I believe its just a matter of a shot registering on the Black Pearl and then mashing the action button.

Yep, just hit the action button as soon as the ball goes onto the Pearl.

#8133 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Try Norrington - he’s able to mop up characters quickly because you get credit even if you brick the shots.
You might also get some results with Carina (more time for everything.)
Try to make the movie shot you’re going for, then make the chapter select immediately following...or at least before hitting another movie shot.

I like that Norrington idea. Quicker chapter completion = more chance to play chapters before I drain. I'm going to give that a try!

#8134 4 years ago

Also for any of you home owners. Somebody STILL hasn't posted a comprehensive character perks/negatives chart or table. Would be much appreciated if somebody could take the time to pick each character, hold down the left flipper and take a quick picture and upload to an imgur album.

Things like Will Turner's 5x skillshot multiplier are crazy good in a competitive setting if you know it ahead of the game. I've had 300,000+ point skill shots with him and in a tournament setting that is a healthy head start and often enough to outright win the game within 30 seconds on ball one.

But that 5x skillshot bonus isn't listed on the character selection screen. Kind of weird that JJP didn't just decide to list them all on the selection interface and instead buried them inside the instant info screen once you have started the game.

#8135 4 years ago

Obviously this is completely anecdotal but I've had the most success attaining wizard modes using multiball focused characters and approaching the early part of my game on starting a multiball and ALWAYS having a Chapter running regardless of the color. And playing extremely safe even if it means timing out a Chapter.
After my first ball I usually look at what Movies have the most Chapters qualified and start focusing more on making that specific shot and then immediately starting the Chapter.
I fully admit that its a bit of a haphazard approach but I have much more success this way as opposed to using Tia Dalma and just picking the Chapters using the interface. I'm sure a more skilled player could take Tia and just run a clinic on the wizard modes with great play that would make me reconsider everything I've just posted. Probably part of the reason I love this pin.

Nice! That makes sense. Even when I play Tia Dalma I seem to play the most chapters when I get multiballs, but I haven't tried focusing on getting multiballs first and then playing chapters. I've always come out of the gate trying to play chapters. I like the idea of going right after multiballs to make it happen though. Thanks!

#8136 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I remember a post around when you got your game in December I think, and you numbered the issues you had, and then subsequent problem finding posts, and those became a very useful wiki by you! We're all fumbling and stumbling to get these games up and running, and we all execute and handle that in different ways. This past Saturday I put about eight hours into getting things installed, issues corrected, and the game ready to play. To do that, I felt I needed a list of prebought and prepared parts lined up. Took mucho bucks, questions asked, and search functions used, and bookmarks referenced often, along with the digital manual. I got that stuff done, and didn't need to ask questions that longass day because I had thoroughly prior. So for that I am grateful. I'm just saying, help allow people the ability to feel comfort in asking those questions freely, rather than guilt them into shuffling off and being quiet because too many new posts are offputting in a pinball enthusiast thread. Kinda dampens the enthusiasm I guess, either way, for the question asker or reader.

I agree, but as a community all of us can only direct and guide this learning process so much. There are often redundancies in this and any pinside thread. Some most likely made by myself, some by others. And I hope I don't get as frustrated at others, as some might at my own questions.
Outside of tech questions, this game isn't exactly new on the block. I personally don't have a lot to say gameplay/design wise, and I'm more apt to echo those thoughts on a Black Knight, Oktoberfest or Wonka thread. But hey, that's just me.
And yelobird if I had Eric set up my game, I imagine my receiver, playfield hangers, and plunger would have been adjusted in an hour, (The guy is that good!) versus me scratching my head for weeks. Next time I buy from Kingpin, and maybe while I'm at it, I should move to the Chicagoland/Wisconsin area too!

#Wesman for clarity. While a Most generous surprise having Eric and his brother take time out of their family holiday to deliver my game and set it up please don't read to much into that as if they were here like an indy pit crew calibrating it. lol They put the legs on, played one game (which to this day is still the grand champ score bum) and soon left. Maybe lucky but I have never had anyone service or dial in a game for me I did that research on my own and this pin was luckily fine. No custom preferential secret setup for me.

#8137 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

The switch isn't a leaf switch, it's a roller switch, and it has an adjustment slot cut in to one of the mounting points so you can adjust how far the ship has to travel to trigger it. I had to replace mine today and adjusted it so the ship had to move about 1/2 way through the travel to trip it. Not sure if that is right, but that's what I set it to. You can get to it easily by just propping the playfield up and just need a small set of pliers or wrench to get the nut loose. It's a tiny freaking nut, no idea why they didn't use screws like everyone else and their brother.

#8138 4 years ago

Have to ask as my wife and I had an evening of competitive pirates and Most times we follow the pirate code (which is more of a guidelines anyway) but in this case she had pretty much the best game she ever had score wise then I lucked a Plunder half points.....lol Definitely damped the mood when I followed the pirate code but come on! How many of you have special pirate codes on Plundering depending on who you are playing against and as a team do you gang up on one person to feel real piratey! I so love this unusually gratifying element of the code, so fitting of the theme. Granted I am sleeping on the couch tonight.....

#8139 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have to ask as my wife and I had an evening of competitive pirates and Most times we follow the pirate code (which is more of a guidelines anyway) but in this case she had pretty much the best game she ever had score wise then I lucked a Plunder half points.....lol Definitely damped the mood when I followed the pirate code but come on! How many of you have special pirate codes on Plundering depending on who you are playing against and as a team do you gang up on one person to feel real piratey! I so love this unusually gratifying element of the code, so fitting of the theme. Granted I am sleeping on the couch tonight.....

HAH! We've only played multiplayer once and she plundered me (we both had no idea this was a thing) but our games are so low scoring it didn't matter I also got liars dice somehow once and had (still have) no freaking clue what I was doing. I need to read the manual.

#8140 4 years ago

HAH! We've only played multiplayer once and she plundered me (we both had no idea this was a thing) but our games are so low scoring it didn't matter I also got liars dice somehow once and had (still have) no freaking clue what I was doing. I need to read the manual.

You can read the manual but honestly this is a very old schoolyard (or bar) type game. Kind of the same as liars poker where you fold up a dollar bill. Google Liars poker and you'll figure it out. Captain Squidface gives you liars dice almost immediately. Otherwise you need to earn it via the outlane rewards or Tortuga mystery.

#8142 4 years ago

It matters if what they plunder is one of your balls or your hand-picked character and its perks.

#8143 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Plundering code/guideline here: wife, friends, & neighbors are always fair game. Plundering the kids not as often but certainly doing it sometimes (don't want to spoil them)!

#8144 4 years ago

Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, just hit the action button as soon as the ball goes onto the Pearl.

Thanks guys for that quick answer! I wondered why Ragetti's eyeball in the form of an extra ball wasn't helping me out. Funny, I jist connected those two....what a brilliant idea, extra ball, his eyeball!

Quoted from Yelobird:

#Wesman for clarity. While a Most generous surprise having Eric and his brother take time out of their family holiday to deliver my game and set it up please don't read to much into that as if they were here like an indy pit crew calibrating it. lol They put the legs on, played one game (which to this day is still the grand champ score bum) and soon left. Maybe lucky but I have never had anyone service or dial in a game for me I did that research on my own and this pin was luckily fine. No custom preferential secret setup for me.

I was just saying....IF.... you'd had an issue, I'd imagine he'd help, and be a pretty qualified guy to do so! He was kind enough to chat to my friend and I about troubleshooting, the game in general, and life stuff. Was definitely the highlight of our MGC experience!

Speaking of, will you be at Pinfest next week? We should grab a beer/drink if you are!

Regarding them helping out, and whooping on ya, I'd imagine being a good customer, pleasant person, and geographically located helped their kindness be fostered. That said, I can at least score one of those three traits by moving either to Jersey, Kermit, WV, Milwaukee area......or Minneapolis to acquire such firsthand service too! I bet LTG would let me take up residence behind his pool hall, if I cracked peanuts daily for that tequila swillin' monkey of his!

#8145 4 years ago

Also for any of you home owners. Somebody STILL hasn't posted a comprehensive character perks/negatives chart or table. Would be much appreciated if somebody could take the time to pick each character, hold down the left flipper and take a quick picture and upload to an imgur album.
Things like Will Turner's 5x skillshot multiplier are crazy good in a competitive setting if you know it ahead of the game. I've had 300,000+ point skill shots with him and in a tournament setting that is a healthy head start and often enough to outright win the game within 30 seconds on ball one.
But that 5x skillshot bonus isn't listed on the character selection screen. Kind of weird that JJP didn't just decide to list them all on the selection interface and instead buried them inside the instant info screen once you have started the game.

Challenge accepted!!! Here's a list of all the +/- attributes for each character (including JJP typo/awkward wording on Marty, Barbossa, & Angelica):

Salazar:
+ Multi drain ball save during multiball
+ Movie 5 multiball easier to qualify and scores double
- Multi drain does not happen often

Elizabeth:
+ 3 Chapters always lit

Will:
+ More time for combos
+ 5x skill shot

Jones:
+ Liars dice advantage

Jack:
+ Removes 2 least desirable mystery awards
+ Increased everything for treasures

Governor Swan:
+ Cannot be plundered
- Cannot plunder

Blackbeard:
+Every multiball ball saver is longer

Scrum:
+ Spot 1 female character per chapter at 5x
+ Female characters score 2x
+ Bonus X always held

Marty:
+ Refunded some gold when starting Tortuga multiball
+ Gold bonus is 50% more, gold collect increased value

Carina:
+ More time for everything

Norrington:
+ Easier chapter shots
- All chapters score ½ value
- Helper shots score ¼ value

Henry:
+ Spot character always lit during chapter
+ Shot chapter increase value doubled

Barbossa:
+ Easier multiball shots
- All multiball score ½ value
- Helper shots score ½ value

Pintel:
+ Spot some pirate lanes for the entire game

Bootstrap:
+ Movie 2 multiball easier to qualify and scores double

Tia Dalma:
+ Choose your chapter instead of random
+ Movie 3 multiball easier to qualify and scores double
- Decreased chapter multipliers

Beckett:
+ Pick up all gold with single action button press
- Gold bonus is 50% less

Angelica:
+ Spot 1 male character per chapter at 2x
+ Awarded skull hold at end ball every ball

Ragetti:
+ Once per ball add-a-ball in play when ball is aboard the Black Pearl
- Score ½ while add-a-ball is in play

Cotton:
+ Easier Black Pearl motion
+ Black Pearl scoring is doubled

Philip:
+ Movie 4 multiball easier to qualify and scores double

Gibbs:
+ Tortuga multiball scores double
+ Tortuga bumpers scores double

#8146 4 years ago

Here's an LE if someone is still looking near the PNW (of course days after I bought a routed LE!) seattle.craigslist.org link

Sweet. How many LE are there? 500?

#8147 4 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Sweet. How many LE are there? 500?

No one knows. Less than 1000, though.

#8148 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Thanks guys for that quick answer! I wondered why Ragetti's eyeball in the form of an extra ball wasn't helping me out. Funny, I jist connected those two....what a brilliant idea, extra ball, his eyeball!

I was just saying....IF.... you'd had an issue, I'd imagine he'd help, and be a pretty qualified guy to do so! He was kind enough to chat to my friend and I about troubleshooting, the game in general, and life stuff. Was definitely the highlight of our MGC experience!
Speaking of, will you be at Pinfest next week? We should grab a beer/drink if you are!
Regarding them helping out, and whooping on ya, I'd imagine being a good customer, pleasant person, and geographically located helped their kindness be fostered. That said, I can at least score one of those three traits by moving either to Jersey, Kermit, WV, Milwaukee area......or Minneapolis to acquire such firsthand service too! I bet LTG would let me take up residence behind his pool hall, if I cracked peanuts daily for that tequila swillin' monkey of his!

Really appreciate the offer but we are pin showed out for awhile. Working day and night on the amazing Wonka and really excited about this theme. One thing I will add, the reason I go to Christopher at KingPinGames is because he is the Best in the business and treats ALL customers great no matter where you live! Yes he is Erics brother but they Individually earn their own respect on their own merits which is awesome to see. If your new to games you REALLY want to find a distributor that will work you through the Entire process not just the sale!

#8149 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No one knows. Less than 1000, though.

Clearly not enough would have been my answer! lol I find it impressive and says a lot about POTC that there are more Want adds then FS adds!

#8150 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Challenge accepted!!! Here's a list of all the +/- attributes for each character (including JJP typo/awkward wording on Marty, Barbossa, & Angelica):
Salazar:
+ Multi drain ball save during multiball
+ Movie 5 multiball easier to qualify and scores double
- Multi drain does not happen often
Elizabeth:
+ 3 Chapters always lit
Will:
+ More time for combos
+ 5x skill shot
Jones:
+ Liars dice advantage
Jack:
+ Removes 2 least desirable mystery awards
+ Increased everything for treasures
Governor Swan:
+ Cannot be plundered
- Cannot plunder
Blackbeard:
+Every multiball ball saver is longer
Scrum:
+ Spot 1 female character per chapter at 5x
+ Female characters score 2x
+ Bonus X always held
Marty:
+ Refunded some gold when starting Tortuga multiball
+ Gold bonus is 50% more, gold collect increased value
Carina:
+ More time for everything
Norrington:
+ Easier chapter shots
- All chapters score ½ value
- Helper shots score ¼ value
Henry:
+ Spot character always lit during chapter
+ Shot chapter increase value doubled
Barbossa:
+ Easier multiball shots
- All multiball score ½ value
- Helper shots score ½ value
Pintel:
+ Spot some pirate lanes for the entire game
Bootstrap:
+ Movie 2 multiball easier to qualify and scores double
Tia Dalma:
+ Choose your chapter instead of random
+ Movie 3 multiball easier to qualify and scores double
- Decreased chapter multipliers
Beckett:
+ Pick up all gold with single action button press
- Gold bonus is 50% less
Angelica:
+ Spot 1 male character per chapter at 2x
+ Awarded skull hold at end ball every ball
Ragetti:
+ Once per ball add-a-ball in play when ball is aboard the Black Pearl
- Score ½ while add-a-ball is in play
Cotton:
+ Easier Black Pearl motion
+ Black Pearl scoring is doubled
Philip:
+ Movie 4 multiball easier to qualify and scores double
Gibbs:
+ Tortuga multiball scores double
+ Tortuga bumpers scores double

SOOO awesome that you made this list Very helpful thanks!! As a double dog challenge, would you consider also adding the Negative attributes that each character carries?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/163 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.