(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11,942 posts
  • 450 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 minutes ago by koops
  • Topic is favorited by 212 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,130 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9F7335D3-321E-458E-B3A2-43D2F99388C7 (resized).jpeg
20190820_152447 (resized).jpg
IMG-4527 (resized).JPG
IMG-4522 (resized).JPG
IMG-4523 (resized).JPG
IMG-4525 (resized).JPG
IMG-4524 (resized).JPG
IMG-4526 (resized).JPG
20190817_173334 (resized).jpg
20190817_135857 (resized).jpg
20190816_233723 (resized).jpg
20190816_233832 (resized).jpg
20190816_231501 (resized).jpg
20190816_231435 (resized).jpg
IMG-4491 (resized).JPG
IMG-4486 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11942 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 239.
#4751 5 months ago

So I have everything dialed in. One thing I'm not sure whether it's right or not is the Devils Triangle exit. The ball goes to the top of the left slingshot and bounces to the right slingshot. Kind of hard to control... Is this supposed to be that way or should it feed to the left flipper?

#4752 5 months ago
Quoted from philsublime:

So I have everything dialed in. One thing I'm not sure whether it's right or not is the Devils Triangle exit. The ball goes to the top of the left slingshot and bounces to the right slingshot. Kind of hard to control... Is this supposed to be that way or should it feed to the left flipper?

It should feed to the left flipper.

#4753 5 months ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

It should feed to the left flipper.

I thought as much but I have problems getting it right. Took away the mountain and plastic and tried to bend it. Once I put the screw back in it's all like before... Where do you bend? Has anyone experience with it?

#4754 5 months ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

You can go with high (amplified) load into the Pinnovator SubMix?
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=58&osCsid=v0j72l1pmjm6r49kb93549pu30
Usually I go in with the preamp signal path, not the amp out.
Or are you running this in the path as well:
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=84

Yes, their original instructions for tapping into WOZ and Hobbit were for tapping into the post amp side as well. I didn't see their new gadget in the second link. Probably does the same thing as what I did with Pirates. If I would have known, I might have bought that ... next time. Their sub mixer works well with the Polk 10".

#4755 5 months ago
Quoted from philsublime:

I thought as much but I have problems getting it right. Took away the mountain and plastic and tried to bend it. Once I put the screw back in it's all like before... Where do you bend? Has anyone experience with it?

Remove that guide rail. Dremel the hole for the bottom screw a wee bit bigger to the left. Bend the rail and reinstall.

#4756 5 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Remove that guide rail. Dremel the hole for the bottom screw a wee bit bigger to the left. Bend the rail and reinstall.

I'll try that. Thanks. Already made a scratch in the clearcoat with that rail... Next time I use a towel as protection. Is the gate from the spinner supposed to lie nice and flat on the rail? Mine was a little bit at an angle...

#4757 5 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I received my NIB LE yesterday. It is LE 62. I see other people receiving games now around 160 -170. Was hoping for a newer model. Didn't think they would have these older ones still around. Any kinks I should be looking for out of the box?
Thanks

Numbers are not sequential, yours likely is newer. The build date is in the back, what did you get?

Kinks to look for: http://tinyurl.com/potcfixes

#4758 5 months ago

I reached the end of the compression and found nothing but an 8Gig encrypted file. For whatever stupid reason, JJ did in fact encrypt the content on this game. Just when I thought this company could do no wrong, here is the dick move.....

#4759 5 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I reached the end of the compression and found nothing but an 8Gig encrypted file. For whatever stupid reason, JJ did in fact encrypt the content on this game. Just when I thought this company could do no wrong, here is the dick move.....

It could be a contractual obligation. I wouldn’t assume it’s malice.

#4760 5 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Numbers are not sequential, yours likely is newer. The build date is in the back, what did you get?
Kinks to look for: http://tinyurl.com/potcfixes

Not on here, ball stuck in chest. First ball shot in there, stuck close to the entrance not in the first ball lock position. Also vuk to the upper play field constantly firing and not moving the ball at all.

Anyone else find it almost impossible to get the play field back in position with the lock down brackets in? The tightest I’ve ever seen by far. Do people cut the zip ties for the cables bunches in the back to give a little more room?

#4761 5 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Not on here, ball stuck in chest. First ball shot in there, stuck close to the entrance not in the first ball lock position. Also vuk to the upper play field constantly firing and not moving the ball at all.
Anyone else find it almost impossible to get the play field back in position with the lock down brackets in? The tightest I’ve ever seen by far. Do people cut the zip ties for the cables bunches in the back to give a little more room?

Did you remove the screwed in foam block in the back of the cabinet?

Regardless, it is definitely very tight. I have to press on the playfield new low the LCD towards the back for it to settle into position. It took be several pinched fingers to find this sweet spot.

#4762 5 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It could be a contractual obligation. I wouldn’t assume it’s malice.

With all the licenses Stern has, they didn't do this. It might not be malice, but I'd quickly blame it on pride or close mindedness before I'd believe it's a licensing issue.

#4763 5 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I found that it is better for me to push the playfield only partially back, then reach in and move the large loom on the right off of the power coming in enclosure and slide the loom as far right against the cabinet wall as I can, then push the playfield in the rest of the way. It helps, but it's still a little snug for that last drop in place.

#4764 5 months ago

If the left loom is too far to the right, it might prevent the target ship from moving properly. Happened to me.

#4765 5 months ago
Quoted from philsublime:

I'll try that. Thanks. Already made a scratch in the clearcoat with that rail... Next time I use a towel as protection. Is the gate from the spinner supposed to lie nice and flat on the rail? Mine was a little bit at an angle...

I believe they are all at a bit of an angle. Mine is as well. Not really sure why. As long as it's working, I'd leave it alone.

#4766 5 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Yeah mine is very tight as well. I messed around with it for a good 20 minutes the first time I tried to get the play field back in. I figured there had to be something wrong. Nope...it's just tight as hell! I have to REALLY push on my play field brackets to get it back in place.

#4767 5 months ago

So I had my switch #48 error last night when I opened the machine. I tried to move the ship and it was stuck really good. I hit and sink the ship through the hole all the time, so I was confused. Well the ship wasn't moving. After messing around, I finally found that the bracket behind the backboard was binding against the wire loom coming from the head. It was a quick fix with a dremel. I just ground down a little of the bracket and everything is moving smoothly.

Just wanted to post this in case others come across this issue and they are scratching their head. It had me puzzled for a moment because I couldn't see anything binding. When I'd pull the play field out to inspect, it wouldn't bind anymore. That's when the light bulb in my head went off.

#4768 5 months ago

I have a problem with the black pearl .It rocks fine during game ,but when the cannon is loaded it slows down super slow,
I some times have to wait for it to tilt back left to shoot the bullseye . I worry it's so long that it might auto shoot...
any Ideas?

#4769 5 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

With all the licenses Stern has, they didn't do this. It might not be malice, but I'd quickly blame it on pride or close mindedness before I'd believe it's a licensing issue.

It's not malice, they're using standard Linux imaging tools to make sure that software updates go smoothly. Using a laptop, a target drive, the same software, and a USB security key from a real machine, you can extract the image to the target drive. I haven't tried to replace a sound file and rebuild the image and try it on a game, but theoretically it's possible unless checksums are done on the original sound files.

Pre-emptively, I'm not interested in explaining how to do this, but I can let you know that at least on DI, extracting the image is possible. I think they used these tools because it's a time-tested, reliable to way to get large images to update on location.

#4770 5 months ago

Ok, so it's not truly encrypted, it just needs to be keyed from the pinball PC, not a desktop PC. Urgh, ok.
And checksums could just be for data error checks if they're there.
Thanks for the explanation.

If all this is the case, shouldn't the information then be available for editing on the drive after installation?

#4771 5 months ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I have a problem with the black pearl .It rocks fine during game ,but when the cannon is loaded it slows down super slow,
I some times have to wait for it to tilt back left to shoot the bullseye . I worry it's so long that it might auto shoot...
any Ideas?

I had this exact problem. During cannon shot mode the power is lower, and if there is a physical problem it may freeze up or move intermittently.

Fix is documented earlier in this thread (search my posts).

#4772 5 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Sorry, first time I need to dremel something on a playfield. Are you using a dedicated dremel machine or just a drilling machine with a dremel. Also, you say to the left. It's to the right, no? Looking from a player perspective. I mean the goal is to bend the bottom of the flap to the right so the ball gets deflected more to the right so it can pass the sling and go to the flipper, right?

#4773 5 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah mine is very tight as well. I messed around with it for a good 20 minutes the first time I tried to get the play field back in. I figured there had to be something wrong. Nope...it's just tight as hell! I have to REALLY push on my play field brackets to get it back in place.

Everyone who is having this issue needs to make sure they removed the foam block that is screwed to the back of the cabinet. This block is only there for shipping. Jjp should update their documentation to reflect this.

#4774 5 months ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Everyone who is having this issue needs to make sure they removed the foam block that is screwed to the back of the cabinet. This block is only there for shipping. Jjp should update their documentation to reflect this.

It's removed. I'm not that dense.

#4775 5 months ago
Quoted from philsublime:

Sorry, first time I need to dremel something on a playfield. Are you using a dedicated dremel machine or just a drilling machine with a dremel. Also, you say to the left. It's to the right, no? Looking from a player perspective. I mean the goal is to bend the bottom of the flap to the right so the ball gets deflected more to the right so it can pass the sling and go to the flipper, right?

Well you're looking to move the rail to the right, so you need to elongate the screw hole to the left. This way there is room to move the rail to the left? Follow me?

This is the Dremel I use, and get a bit like this one.

dremel bit (resized).jpgdremel®micro-16223 (resized).jpg
#4776 5 months ago

I was sailing trouble free untill today .. and it bums me more then any other game that its down for fixing . So much fun!

Had a wire hanging loose of the left x pearl target, no problem with that, was going to remove the ship anyway to see how it all functions down there . But now it had to come out, left mini flipper is making ground and up all the time.
Coil wiring is fine up to j108-10 , so I fear a driver board fault in a transistor
Shit happens, itll be cool, and have asked JJP tech, but is there anyone else who has maybe experienced similar and found it to be something else not ground ?

#4777 5 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I was sailing trouble free untill today .. and it bums me more then any other game that its down for fixing . So much fun!
Had a wire hanging loose of the left x pearl target, no problem with that, was going to remove the ship anyway to see how it all functions down there . But now it had to come out, left mini flipper is making ground and up all the time.
Coil wiring is fine up to j108-10 , so I fear a driver board fault in a transistor
Shit happens, itll be cool, and have asked JJP tech, but is there anyone else who has maybe experienced similar and found it to be something else not ground ?

Hey G, actually I had exactly the same. First the brown/green wire at the X and after reinstalling everything the left flipper. Flipper turned out to be the connector under the playfield that was not fully making contact even though it did click into place. I just pressed that togetjher better and everything was fine again.

Edit: it was the connector with the most pins in it that did not make a good connection.

#4778 5 months ago

Could one of you CE guys do me a quick favor and either show or explain how the topper is hooked up? It comes with one dark blue/ light blue and one dark blue/ dark blue with purple stripe lead (two leads/cables total), both on connectors with two female plugs, they reach ca. 4 inches into the backbox, no two connectors up there in reach or first sight, no additional cable came with my topper, please assist if you could.

-Goetz

#4779 5 months ago

Does anyone know if the fountain of youth shot is supposed to count towards getting to that multiball on the INITAL plunge/skill shot?

Mine does not. Switches all test fine.

#4780 5 months ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Could one of you CE guys do me a quick favor and either show or explain how the topper is hooked up? It comes with one dark blue/ light blue and one dark blue/ dark blue with purple stripe lead (two leads/cables total), both on connectors with two female plugs, they reach ca. 4 inches into the backbox, no two connectors up there in reach or first sight, no additional cable came with my topper, please assist if you could.
-Goetz

Found it, hidden behind the left speaker for future reference

My cable is around 3 inches to short to make connection, hence it was not obvious at first sight, will cut and solder extension in place.

#4781 5 months ago

LE lucky number 13 arrived yesterday and all set up today. Build date was two weeks ago. What an amazing game. Are they really going to let the license expire and not going to make anymore? What a travesty if so.

#4782 5 months ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

-Goetz

There are two harnesses in the backbox. They reach but you’ll want to route them away from the LED strip so you don’t get a dark line on the marquee.

#4783 5 months ago

Well, they are 3 inches short

#4784 5 months ago
Quoted from DaveB:

Are they really going to let the license expire and not going to make anymore? What a travesty if so.

Congrats DaveB!!! My#15 is in the box and should be opened tomorrow at 10am! I too am currious if anyone knows more about this.

#4785 5 months ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Well, they are 3 inches short

Sorry, saw that after I already replied. That sucks! We had to pull on ours a little bit but they worked.

#4786 5 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Sorry, saw that after I already replied. That sucks! We had to pull on ours a little bit but they worked.

Already fixed, and a reminder to everyone in on the CE: the software .98 is set to the wrong topper speed stock, it is preset to 12.
Try a number between 4 and 6 instead, the noise will be gone and the ship will gently rock as it is supposed to, not hop and down like a raceboat

#4787 5 months ago

We just got some POTC LE’s in stock. Also have a few CE’s left if anyone is interested. PM for details.

#4788 5 months ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Congrats DaveB!!! My#15 is in the box and should be opened tomorrow at 10am! I too am currious if anyone knows more about this.

What I learned in pinball is never say never, they will be remade sometime if there is money to be made.....

#4789 5 months ago

Any info on when the next code update is getting released?

#4790 5 months ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Any info on when the next code update is getting released?

Haven't heard a date yet. On the Dead Flip live stream I heard Keith say they are getting closer to a 1.0 release. Did anyone else hear any other future code comments during the stream? I wonder if they will wait until Texas Pinball Festival at the end of next month to release the next update.

#4791 5 months ago
Quoted from philsublime:

Thanks for posting this. Mine was acting the same way and I didnt question it. After reworking the guide wall it feeds to the flippers more consistantly.

#4792 5 months ago

Ok 666 666 and Arrr Frenzy is so much fun that you can't wait to get it going again. I can't stop thinking about and playing this game.

#4793 5 months ago

I figured out that my compass lcd is bad!
One is on the way so no worries!
Just a FYI if needed (hopefully not).
You can check your vga cable through the monitor by changing settings.
Also if your vga cable is unplugged from the cpu or compass lcd the monitor will only show up a third of the screen.

272FDAD4-420F-48BA-B25F-664C4D3DCEA4 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpg
#4794 5 months ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Ok 666 666 and Arrr Frenzy is so much fun that you can't wait to get it going again. I can't stop thinking about and playing this game.

Couldn’t agree more. I absolutely love this game.

#4795 5 months ago

I'm expecting issues and hoping for the best. I don't really care, can't be any worse than my last two Stern pins, and i still love them (except IMDM).

JJP is wisely moving on to a monster sellers in Wonka, GNR and Toy Story and then hopefully Harry Potter. That's gonna take a lot of up front $$ for the license.

Look to the future, no need to lament no more POTC games being produced. JJP needs to turn the corner in multiple game output so they can "staff up", especially on the line, so the quality control can get better all around.

REALLY excited for my POTC!

#4796 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

... then hopefully Harry Potter. That's gonna take a lot of up front $$ for the license.

Rumor is that Stern has it

#4797 5 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That would be a damn shame.

Can you imagine Harry Potter applied to the deep ruleset and killer layout of JJPOTC?

#4798 5 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Kaneda just posted that Stern does not have it, 100% positive

#4799 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm expecting issues and hoping for the best. I don't really care, can't be any worse than my last two Stern pins, and i still love them (except IMDM).

We’re here to help if you do. Most issues are minor adjustments and tweaks that can be done without getting more parts. It is_ worth it!

#4800 5 months ago

Here is what I took away from setting up my CE:

Eric's design is absolutely solid, and whoever did QC on the assembly line needs a kick in the rear.

Once I addressed and fixed all the things I had to address and fix the sound design became obvious.

Except for a few small modifications that I had to make, I will share those here in the coming days.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC
$ 28.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 11942 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 239.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside