(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 377.
#8901 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Yes my order is showing up Friday. POTC Black Pearl Mini Playfield Quantity: 1, POTC Assembly Decal Set Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Playfield Assy, CE Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Plastics Set CE Quantity: 1, POTC Playfield Decal Sheet CE Quantity: 2, POTC Printed Plastics Set LE Quantity: 1. So now I can play it like I stole it and just clean and wax but keep the play field the way it should be.

Quoted from FryDaddy:

What is the cost of peace of mind.

About $1500 or so plus $12500. Cha-ching!

#8902 4 years ago

heni1977 If your game is just booting as normal to gameplay then it's possible that your usb dongle may not be setup correctly. As long as the usb stick is in (and setup correctly) when turning the machine on it should automatically do its thing with no interaction required.

#8903 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Yes my order is showing up Friday. POTC Black Pearl Mini Playfield Quantity: 1, POTC Assembly Decal Set Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Playfield Assy, CE Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Plastics Set CE Quantity: 1, POTC Playfield Decal Sheet CE Quantity: 2, POTC Printed Plastics Set LE Quantity: 1. So now I can play it like I stole it and just clean and wax but keep the play field the way it should be.

Received my preventative long life package myself today! Should take care of me till retirement and beyond. So pretty, My Precious...........

IMG_3283 (resized).jpgIMG_3283 (resized).jpg
#8904 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Received my preventative long life package myself today! Should take care of me till retirement and beyond. So pretty, My Precious...........
[quoted image]

We think alike.

#8905 4 years ago

cextion my usb is good and i think what happened was the file did not download all the way from iso. I think i dragged it to desktop and it did not download properly due to me.
It is now dl the iso file. Will report back.

#8906 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

But when I installed in port and turned game on nothing happened.

Then there was nothing on the USB stick the machine could use.

Follow instructions carefully. Try a different USB stick. 8GB works good. Too big it might not. I've had good luck with PNY USB sticks. The game might not like some of them.

LTG : )

#8907 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Then there was nothing on the USB stick the machine could use.
Follow instructions carefully. Try a different USB stick. 8GB works good. Too big it might not. I've had good luck with PNY USB sticks. The game might not like some of them.
LTG : )

Also it can take a long while like hours sometimes to get the files on the USB stick.

#8908 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

I got the CE and it has found its forever home. I would liked to got it for $9500.

I'm just busting your pinballs. Sounds like a solid plan, I have modified my collection so many times I can't know for sure which games are staying or I'd be tempted to do the same. I've replaced enough playfields, plastics and stuff that's hard to get on some older machines. Not fun.

#8909 4 years ago

Yep i think the file did not load. It now says pirates of the Caribbean iso. Where it did not say that before.

#8910 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

Where do you think you'll store it?

I've considered this route, but definitely want to avoid humid areas in a house, etc. Also I wonder if a decade or two down the road, if I'll be as concerned about a worn playfield, versus putting that cash into a new game years back.

Decisions.

#8911 4 years ago

You all really find these machines that fragile that you need a replacement of everything?

My super nice Williams Indy has had the shit played out of it and in a huo environment the original PF is pretty much perfect and that is on something 26 years old.

I expect these JJp machines to last with the same sensible care and preventive upkeep.

#8912 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Sorry I don't understand what you did here. Did you buy an LE and add the CE stuff?

Thx, didn't sleep much last night

#8913 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I've considered this route, but definitely want to avoid humid areas in a house, etc. Also I wonder if a decade or two down the road, if I'll be as concerned about a worn playfield, versus putting that cash into a new game years back.
Decisions.

I went with a new playfield just due to the piece of mind myself if something happens like catastrophic damage from who knows what. I hope to never use it.

At current prices I thought why not? I bought the new one night train was selling.

Woz playfields are now $1200 or so on the jjp site....

#8914 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You all really find these machines that fragile that you need a replacement of everything?
My super nice Williams Indy has had the shit played out of it and in a huo environment the original PF is pretty much perfect and that is on something 26 years old.
I expect these JJp machines to last with the same sensible care and preventive upkeep.

I've never owned a new enough machine with a pristine enough playfield to know how it will wear. Here goes nothing!

#8915 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Lol! I ordered the same parts, too! Looks like the CE playfields are all gone now.

#8916 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Sorry I don't understand what you did here. Did you buy an LE and add the CE stuff?
Thx, didn't sleep much last night

You can not buy CE parts unless you own one. I own #71CE.

#8917 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Lol! I ordered the same parts, too! Looks like the CE playfields are all gone now.

They were gone in 5 days.

#8918 4 years ago

All good on the install of .99

#8919 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Decisions.

It will stay in the crate/box they perfectly packed it in. I don't plan on taking it out in the rain so a simple closet storage is fine. Its a wood board clear coated after all. As for the future, to date NOS playfields (especially custom ones like this) I have rarely lost money on if I should change my mind and not use it. I do however NOT suggest anyone that has never done an invasive playfield swap go this route. This is not the same as adding a playfield protector!

#8920 4 years ago

This game ROCKS and I would love to own one. My challenge is the doorways in my old house are 29.5" and the game's backbox width is 29".

Has any owner removed the backbox to install in their home and if so, how difficult was the process? I've read that some JJP games are more complex than others when it comes to disconnecting the backbox.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

#8921 4 years ago

Proof the patch graphic works from time to time, random.

Side note- Weatherby Swann is useless in a one player game. Perhaps he could allow the player to use the lockdown button to control the stopping of the map award wheel, like a slot machine?

That would be off the chain!

Screenshot_20190509-192618 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190509-192618 (resized).png
#8922 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Proof the patch graphic works from time to time, random.
Side note- Weatherby Swann is useless in a one player game. Perhaps he could allow the player to use the lockdown button to control the stopping of the map award wheel, like a slot machine?
That would be off the chain!
[quoted image]

My game awards the mystery and map awards instantly before the on screen animations complete. Anyone else notice this? Love the eye patch, I haven’t got one yet! Arrrrrrrrrrgh

#8923 4 years ago
Quoted from Blind_Willie:

This game ROCKS and I would love to own one. My challenge is the doorways in my old house are 29.5" and the game's backbox width is 29".
Has any owner removed the backbox to install in their home and if so, how difficult was the process? I've read that some JJP games are more complex than others when it comes to disconnecting the backbox.

You can do it. I take the backbox off all my games to move them upstairs. It's comparably difficult to taking off a Bally/Williams head.

#8924 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

My game awards the mystery and map awards instantly before the on screen animations complete. Anyone else notice this? Love the eye patch, I haven’t got one yet! Arrrrrrrrrrgh

Im hoping its something they fix but ya if your quick you can figure out what the map award is before it shows you and calls it out. Some of the rewards even have callouts that will happen as soon as map comes up.

#8925 4 years ago

My game will be shipping soon!

#8926 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

My game will be shipping soon!

Me too!

#8927 4 years ago

R thE latest builds made with the correct mfg fixes

#8928 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

There's no plot justification for that, unlike pretty much every other power in the game.

He's getting changed, don't worry...

#8929 4 years ago
Quoted from Blind_Willie:

Not exactly sure I understand the worry? Your door is wider then the backbox so go for it! Clear is close enough even if its only a 1/2". My basement door is a 30" and never had an issue Carefully getting it through. As an added security, you can Easily remove the door stops on your door frame to get another 1/2" clearance. Way easier then removing the back box. Good Luck!!

#8930 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Yeah, we discussed this somewhere. I was especially pissy about the extra ball award lighting up the playfield before the animation and callout. That seems like something easy to change programmatically.

#8931 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

There's no plot justification for that, unlike pretty much every other power in the game.

Oh lord keefer now you got me thinking movie plots. Im pretty sure there is something good from the first movie with him but cant think of it off the top of my head.

#8932 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Not worried. I'm interested to see what'll be chosen.

Governor Swann, as Port Royal governor, didn't seem to govern so effectively in the series, troop orders in CoTBP excepted. But it was his "authority to govern" that inspired my former idea, given the results of his governance efforts seemed pretty random.

#8933 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not exactly sure I understand the worry? Your door is wider then the backbox so go for it! Clear is close enough even if its only a 1/2". My basement door is a 30" and never had an issue Carefully getting it through. As an added security, you can Easily remove the door stops on your door frame to get another 1/2" clearance. Way easier then removing the back box. Good Luck!!

Don't worry about removing the backbox.
It could be easier by installing some more plugs from the factory side.
But it's not hard like WPC95 with all the single cable ect.

In the meantime i prefer to remove the BB for the transport 2 stairs up in my house.

#8934 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This is what I have to do. Fairly easy, but the door stops are fairly loose now after 10 games went downstairs. Re-using the same nail holes as much as possible so that it doesn't turn into Swiss cheese. I plan on widening that door/framing ... some day, so I'm not too worried about it.

#8935 4 years ago

NiB LE being delivered on Monday! Mid February 2019 build. Wish me luck!

#8936 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ahoy pirate skallywags and rum lovers. A minor public announcement for those ailing from Dauntless aiming issues. This repair tip came from pirates wiser then I but works perfectly if your issue persists. Very simple to do and permanent. The Dauntless as shown is mounted with 2 standard 8x32 x1 1/2” standoffs. Replacing this 2 standoffs with 1 1/4” standoffs brings the ship to port in perfect firing alignment. I will provide a link to McMaster though I am Certain these can be found at Pinball Life, Marco and even Ace hardware last I checked. Took 5 minutes to swap and we be sinking that bloody ship every time now!
Hex stand off McMaster:
https://www.mcmaster.com/91920a252
Pinball life has them in 1 1/8” which would work fine possibly needing a washer:
https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-hex-spacers-1-18-to-3-116-8-32-thread-femalefemale.html[quoted image]

Thanks for the PA. I have the same issue. I ordered the standoffs and hopefully start sinking ships more consistently next week.

#8937 4 years ago

I had an idea. How about a virtual POTC competition? Here is my thinking:

- I’ll make a thread for this
- we agree upon a cutoff time like say midnight Saturday CST
- everyone plays and makes ONE post to the thread with their best score screen, showing the score and character they used. For streamers they can also include YouTube link to their game (clipped to show only that game)
- after the cutoff I’ll collate the results

If you’re like me you play POTC almost every day anyway right? Let’s do it together!

Any interest?

#8938 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ok, so now I'm at a complete loss on the auto launcher. I've put washers on the plunger to pull it back further away, re-situated the auto housing, zip tied the coil, put a washer in so that it doesn't wiggle as much, tested the range of strength settings, and crimped the prongs to be closer together. There's no reason this shouldn't be working. It seems to get worse the more games we play on it in a row.

I have the same issue. Have you had any luck yet? I got a warranty case going with JJP support.

#8939 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

- everyone plays and makes ONE post to the thread with their best score screen, showing the score and character they used. For streamers they can also include YouTube link to their game (clipped to show only that game)
If you’re like me you play POTC almost every day anyway right? Let’s do it together!
Any interest?

Or I could just drive over and beat you on your own track

#8940 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Any interest?

Cool! The playing fields won't be even due to varying setups, but it should be fun.

#8941 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had an idea. How about a virtual POTC competition?

What about this:

Weekly challenge.
New character each week.
3 balls, extra ball off.

Post your score

#8942 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ok, so now I'm at a complete loss on the auto launcher. I've put washers on the plunger to pull it back further away, re-situated the auto housing, zip tied the coil, put a washer in so that it doesn't wiggle as much, tested the range of strength settings, and crimped the prongs to be closer together. There's no reason this shouldn't be working. It seems to get worse the more games we play on it in a row.

I had autoplunger woes as well that I have finally fixed 100 percent. It is perfect now.

I tried all the steps you did. When it would fail, the ball was striking the wall or the locker post and losing energy.

In my case the fix was adjusting the shooter lane rails. There was a slight discrepancy between the left and right rails which gave it just enough lift on one side to launch left or right.

Interestingly, only the autoplunger failed in this way. Manual plunges were fine.

There is a post in the index for how I removed and corrected my shooter lane, if that is your issue.

Another thing to confirm is that the auto plunger is not making contact with the manual plunger. If you snap it empty do you see the autoplunger forks jump? If so, you’ll want to adjust the shooter assembly to be further down the cabinet. If that doesn’t work, consider adding cabinet bumpers under the playfield hooks. You’ll need to relevel after doing this of course.

The combination of these two fixes fully resolved the issue for me.

#8943 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Cool! The playing fields won't be even due to varying setups, but it should be fun.

Well, we could agree on a setup. I personally play with all defaults except 5 second ball save and special set to award extra ball.

#8944 4 years ago

I'm in for whatever on challenges if I'm allowed to participate.

#8945 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

What about this:
Weekly challenge.
New character each week.
3 balls, extra ball off.
Post your score

That could be fun. For the first one I’m interested to see how people do across multiple characters, award best score per char etc.

#8946 4 years ago

I’ll make the thread and we will see what happens!

#8947 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I'm in for whatever on challenges if I'm allowed to participate.

Absolutely! This is a for fun thing. Casual.

If Eric joins I hope he records the game so we can learn strategies from the master.

#8948 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Any interest?

In but NO making fun of the pathetic scores! Its an effort based contribution!!!

#8949 4 years ago

Hello...for update 0.99

what it´s better full installation or change-log?

thanks
I loves this game...my first JJP next Guns & Roses...

#8950 4 years ago

LEs are rolling off the line, picked mine up this morning...no pics yet, sorry.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
Plastics
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/179 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.