(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 377.
#6801 4 years ago

The mylar I remember being discussed, just was not sure where everyone was putting the pieces. I did know of the one for the vuk for the
BP.
I do not intend to start another thread. I just think there needs to be more key posts for this one. So others can navigate easier.

#6802 4 years ago

Hi Guys, I was having a problem with my canon that was not line up, now i think that the problem is the Black Pearl and not the dauntless.
I see damage on the cabinet from the ship. Also, I see a big gap between the mini playfield and ramp.
Anyone have an idea? before i do something wrong.

20190404_193054 (resized).jpg20190404_193054 (resized).jpg20190404_193104 (resized).jpg20190404_193104 (resized).jpg
#6803 4 years ago

what kind of rubber is JJP installing these days? china brand X? or titan silicone?

#6804 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

what kind of rubber is JJP installing these days? china brand X? or titan silicone?

I think they are rubber. I just replaced mine with Titans and there is a big improvement. I went with red to replace the 3 main flippers . JJP's red ones were more like a faded out red and were showing a lot of wear and scuffing after just a couple of hundred plays. The new Titans do look great and should be much more durable.

#6805 4 years ago

Those of you that have installed bigger clear washers under the sling posts, where did you get them?

#6806 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Clear silicone bands, not sure what brand, but Titan wouldn't surprise me. Flippers are standard rubber.

#6807 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Those of you that have installed bigger clear washers under the sling posts, where did you get them?

I’m about to try some that I bought from Amazon along with star posts from PBL. Links are in the fixes doc.

#6808 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html

#6809 4 years ago

I'm going to order some flipper rubbers before my POTC arrives. Are the flippers on the black pearl standard size flippers?

#6810 4 years ago

For those that have switched the sling posts out for start posts, are you switching all 3 per side, or just 2 (top and bottom)?

#6811 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm going to order some flipper rubbers before my POTC arrives. Are the flippers on the black pearl standard size flippers?

No. They are mini flippers.

#6812 4 years ago
Quoted from May:

Hi Guys, I was having a problem with my canon that was not line up, now i think that the problem is the Black Pearl and not the dauntless.
I see damage on the cabinet from the ship. Also, I see a big gap between the mini playfield and ramp.
Anyone have an idea? before i do something wrong.

Looks like your BP is not seated all the way forward on the supporting bracket posts although I'm not sure how that could be possible since the shoulder bolt holding the BP from sliding back does not allow for any movement and that gap is pretty large. I would hope the issue is not that the brackets are installed in the wrong place, that would suck.

Have you ever removed the BP?

#6813 4 years ago

"Slings" are referring to the left and right pieces right above the flippers correct?

My game is brand new and those white slings pretty flippin' fast (see what I did there? )

Anyhow, I'm all about "better" ...

Also, I definitely agree that the half circle mylar seems perfect for the BP so I'll work on that.
I don't see a whole lot of fuss as far as using the square mylar pieces on the lockdown bar and know for a fact that several others opted to use them in different places.

SO. MUCH. TO. LEARN.

#6814 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pretty sure the curved Mylar is for up on the pearl where it comes out of vuk, it fits there perfectly. I’m assuming this is the one your talking about. I cut my own for the chapter start since I didn’t see a piece big enough supplied.

@psw757, I would love to see a photo if you don't mind.

This seems like a VERY COMMON area discussed as far as placing custom mylar.
Would you also be so kind as to provide a link. Also, how do you custom cut your mylar? Scissors? Razer? Laser? lol

Thanks!

#6815 4 years ago

Yes your slings are above your flippers, you also have one under the ramp to the pearl.
I went with titan bands for the flippers, JJP did use some titan rings for some stuff but not flippers. This was direct from titan as I emailed them.

#6816 4 years ago

--/ General Inquiry--/ (not necessarily related to POTC)

I assume this is a "hard no", but does "everyone" actually spend the time to go through all the diagnostics.

I honestly just think it's pretty cool and would be interesting to do.
The ship calibration device test or w/e was especially cool.

Anyway...

#6817 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Yes your slings are above your flippers, you also have one under the ramp to the pearl.
I went with titan bands for the flippers, JJP did use some titan rings for some stuff but not flippers. This was direct from titan as I emailed them.

Thanks and I assume Titan is basically the best.

So is the consensus to just replace the rubber vs cleaning it?

#6818 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Yes I'd replace. Titan is a good way to go.

#6819 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I would definitely replace all the flipper rubbers and Black Pearl Rubbers with Titans. Best rings on the market and will help keep the dirt down on the pin.

#6820 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m about to try some that I bought from Amazon along with star posts from PBL. Links are in the fixes doc.

Let us know how that goes, and take a few photos too!

Do the posts just screw in and out with a nut driver? Haven't done mine yet.

Oh, and do the washers just need to fit the size of the star post base or over extend it also?

#6821 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I would definitely replace all the flipper rubbers and Black Pearl Rubbers with Titans. Best rings on the market and will help keep the dirt down on the pin.

Like NOW or eventually?

I have like less than 20 games .. Maybe I should just play a few and enjoy it .. =P

#6822 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Does anyone know what size rings the upper playfield takes? I'd like to get some titans on order. I don't care much for black rubbers.

#6823 4 years ago

Also, how do you guys clean your glass?

Specifically, handle the glass. Obviously, the only part that "matters" is the underside glass that isn't accessible when on top of the playfield. So do you try to handle strictly from the sides, use gloves, etc?

#6824 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Does anyone know what size rings the upper playfield takes? I'd like to get some titans on order. I don't care much for black rubbers.

On the titan site, it's Rubber Rings Flipper Mini. https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5729

#6825 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Specifically, handle the glass. Obviously, the only part that "matters" is the underside glass that isn't accessible when on top of the playfield. So do you try to handle strictly from the sides, use gloves, etc?

I just handle it on the sides like any other glass. I clean using better life glass cleaner. It's all natural, no ammonia, safe for invisiglass, PDI, etc.

#6826 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

--/ General Inquiry--/ (not necessarily related to POTC)
I assume this is a "hard no", but does "everyone" actually spend the time to go through all the diagnostics.
I honestly just think it's pretty cool and would be interesting to do.
The ship calibration device test or w/e was especially cool.
Anyway...

Well I did and found issues that if I did not do diagnostics probly would have never known. I have an LE and more than one led is displaying the wrong color (or rather 1 color is missing so half of the colors are wrong). Would have never known without doing to led tests and checking all the colors. Would have also never noticed the 4-5 lights that were not plugged in or plugged in the wrong place. We cant forget that on paper we only have like 30 days to find most issues and 1 year on lights pcb screen ect. So if you dont thouroghly go through machine and in 32 days you figure out your diverter isnt working and has a bad coil well you out of warranty. Not saying this is how it would be handled but on paper that is how it is written. The most delicate part (leds and boards) do have the 1 year so thats good.

#6827 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

C-131 of the manual.......

#6828 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I keep neoprene gloves I bought at Harbor Freight nearby, helps with not having the clean fingerprints from the glass all the time.....

#6829 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

C-131 of the manual.......

These'll work for the 3 main?

Product Code: CS-FLIP-BK
Availability: In Stock
Black

#6830 4 years ago

Seriously, this is for all POTC owners or other JJP pin owners: if you have not looked thru the manual (CD, PDF, or print), you owe it to yourself to take a good look thru it. It is the standard all other pin manuals should be judged by, there is a HUGE wealth of information in it, down to the smallest details with some awesome diagrams and pictures.

#6831 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I just handle it on the sides like any other glass. I clean using better life glass cleaner. It's all natural, no ammonia, safe for invisiglass, PDI, etc.

I'm awaiting a shipment of Sparkle. I heard it was good and even recommended by JJP. I have not heard of better life, but I'm open to any and all suggestions. I heard one can mix 50% isopropyl alcohol and 50% distilled water and that's amazing. (@zaphX)

Quoted from AUKraut:

I keep neoprene gloves I bought at Harbor Freight nearby, helps with not having the clean fingerprints from the glass all the time.....

Neoprene gloves? Would love a link to those!

#6832 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

These'll work for the 3 main?
Product Code: CS-FLIP-BK
Availability: In Stock
Black

Those are them, pick the color of your choice. I wouldn't recommend black on the lower due to the flipper bats already being black making the flipper harder to see.

#6833 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Seriously, this is for all POTC owners or other JJP pin owners: if you have not looked thru the manual (CD, PDF, or print), you owe it to yourself to take a good look thru it. It is the standard all other pin manuals should be judged by, there is a HUGE wealth of information in it, down to the smallest details with some awesome diagrams and pictures.

I have started and I said it once already, I'm absolutely BLOWN AWAY with the Owner's manual that comes with the CE. I honestly think it's worth the price of admission if you don't have it.

#6834 4 years ago

Here is my JJPOTC Titan order to convert all the flipper rubbers and Black pearl rubbers to Titans. I always buy a spare of each, and I also picked up some cabinet protectors for the flipper buttons (not needed for CEs):

Product Name Model Quantity Price Total
Titan Competition Silicone Rings
- Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Standard
- Ring Color: Red CS-FLIP-RD 5 $1.45 $7.25
- Ring Size: 7/16 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Black CS-716ID-BK 3 $0.80 $2.40
- Ring Size: 1 1/2 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Black CS-112ID-BK 3 $1.17 $3.51
- Ring Size: 3/8 O.D.
- Ring Color: Black CS-3D-BK 3 $0.68 $2.04 (should say C S - 3 8 O D - B K....damn emoji!)
- Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Mini
- Ring Color: Black CS-FLIPMINI-BK 4 $1.12 $4.48
Clear Cabinet Flipper Button Protector - Pair Cab Button Protector-Pair 1 $4.38 $4.38

#6835 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I have started and I said it once already, I'm absolutely BLOWN AWAY with the Owner's manual that comes with the CE. I honestly think it's worth the price of admission if you don't have it.

Ya the manual is nice. Saw it at TPF and ordered one when I ordered the machine. Although I do enjoy marking the manual all up on the Ipad to keep notes on adjustments issues ect....

#6836 4 years ago

Sparkle is what I use. DO NOT use anything with ammonia will hurt the glass.

#6837 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Sparkle is what I use. DO NOT use anything with ammonia will hurt the glass.

I'm not that much of a rookie. =)

#6838 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Here is my JJPOTC Titan order to convert all the flipper rubbers and Black pearl rubbers to Titans. I always buy a spare of each, and I also picked up some cabinet protectors for the flipper buttons (not needed for CEs):
Product Name Model Quantity Price Total
- Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Stand..
- Ring Color: Red CS-FLIP-RD 5 $1.45 $7.25
- Ring Size: 7/16 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Black CS-716ID-BK 3 $0.80 $2.40
- Ring Size: 1 1/2 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Black CS-112ID-BK 3 $1.17 $3.51
- Ring Size: 3/8 O.D.
- Ring Color: Black CS-3D-BK 3 $0.68 $2.04
- Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Mini
- Ring Color: Black CS-FLIPMINI-BK 4 $1.12 $4.48
Clear Cabinet Flipper Button Protector - Pair Cab Button Protector-Pair 1 $4.38 $4.38

THIS "should" be a Key Post.

Thanks man!!

#6839 4 years ago

I have to ask. Does anyone else find the canon shot extremely hard to hit? Any tips for making that shot easier? Maybe I need to make an adjustment on my game.

#6840 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I have to ask. Does anyone else find the canon shot extremely hard to hit? Any tips for making that shot easier? Maybe I need to make an adjustment on my game.

If the Pearl and Dauntless are correctly lined up the shot is not difficult. Once you know the timing you should hit it almost every time.

#6841 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

If the Pearl and Dauntless are correctly lined up the shot is not difficult. Once you know the timing you should hit it almost every time.

How does one know?

#6842 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

How does one know?

If the Dauntless is too far to the left or right, you'll never make the shot.

#6843 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Oh, I just meant hitting the load cannon shot on the Pearl. I can't even make that yet lol.

#6844 4 years ago

I'm sure this has been mentioned in one of the six thousand eight hundred and forty three posts in this thread, but regarding cliffy protectors, along with the kit designed for POTC, I would also recommend the universal slot protectors for under the wire-form inlane drops. http://www.passionforpinball.com/switchslot.htm

#6845 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh, I just meant hitting the load cannon shot on the Pearl. I can't even make that yet lol.

Right, takes a bit of practice but basically hit the spinner orbit a couple times to light the Load targets, cradle the ball on left flipper, shoot the left Load, cradle again, and quick flip with the ship listing to the left and it should go into the cannon door. Easier said than done depending on how fast the ship is rocking

#6846 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm sure this has been mentioned in one of the six thousand eight hundred and forty three posts in this thread, but regarding cliffy protectors, along with the kit designed for POTC, I would also recommend the universal slot protectors for under the wire-form inlane drops. http://www.passionforpinball.com/switchslot.htm

From what I know, Cliffy is now adding slot protectors with his POTC set.

#6847 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Do the posts just screw in and out with a nut driver?

Nut driver, or quarter drive deep well sockets.

LTG : )

#6848 4 years ago

I removed the Pearl today to solve all the switch problems and found out that the wires
Were broken off. I soldered them on and gave the wirelooms some space by cutting the tie-rips(?). Everything was pulling on the movement of the ship so the wires had no chance.

It took me some time but with the help from the video I felt I could do it. Its not easy and I found the rearranging part at the end the most difficult. When everything was off I took the moment to attach the Cliffy’s! After I had the Pearl back on and realized I forgot about that, so I could take all the wires out and start over again
Thanks for the protectors Passion for Pinball!! Great fit!!

Other problem:
The right spinner on the pearl was not registering and I found out that the black opto holder was broken so the optos did not align. I had no spare so I cut of a swich blade and with some strong glue I managed to make it work and strong enough to be able to align.

I hope I can get an new one somewhere but I have never seen these before.
Anybody know where to get them?

So, attaching the Pearl was a bit harder because of the ramp. But at the end all switches are working!! Really happy about that!!

Game on!
Thanks for all the tips and guidelines!
Peter

2A5C4658-BB91-4EF4-9A9D-A5340FABC459 (resized).jpeg2A5C4658-BB91-4EF4-9A9D-A5340FABC459 (resized).jpeg46DFD44A-4DD1-4EBB-8AD0-C0605E2E1C3E (resized).jpeg46DFD44A-4DD1-4EBB-8AD0-C0605E2E1C3E (resized).jpeg

#6849 4 years ago

For folks new to working on pinball machines, I highly recommend the Butch Peel “Tools of the Trade” video.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tools-of-the-pinball-trade-video

It is very worthwhile as it shows the tools you’ll want to have as well as how to use them. If you don’t own a set of nut drivers yet, you’re making things harder on yourself than needed.

#6850 4 years ago

Loose wires.

90F69131-2CF8-4120-9A52-6364D2C01618 (resized).jpeg90F69131-2CF8-4120-9A52-6364D2C01618 (resized).jpeg3ACF12E8-3C30-4BB0-BCC0-8F7297B77784 (resized).jpeg3ACF12E8-3C30-4BB0-BCC0-8F7297B77784 (resized).jpegE05B4C64-FD9E-4984-9D4F-72E928A00EFF (resized).jpegE05B4C64-FD9E-4984-9D4F-72E928A00EFF (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
32,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.