(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 377.
#9251 4 years ago

An update on my fuse 713 blowing, after installing shaker motor. This runs the shaker, start lamp, and map disc motor. I spoke with JJP, I believe Greg in tech, and he told me after replacing the fuse put shaker motor on highest setting to test it before determining if shaker motor is doing it. He stated they can be run on high at all times safely, otherwise they wouldn't put the option of changing it in the settings.

#9252 4 years ago

JJP POTC LE #650 is finally home.

DSC_4329 (resized).JPGDSC_4329 (resized).JPG
#9253 4 years ago

When I was setting up the machine....I go to pivot the backbox up....my backglass and speaker panel were just hanging in the backbox. JJP didn't attach my backbox speaker panel during assembly.

doh!!!

#9254 4 years ago

I was offered a POTC LE with about 100 plays on it by a distributor about a week or so ago. If anyone wants to see if they still have it send me a PM and I,ll give you info.

#9255 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I was offered a POTC LE with about 100 plays on it by a distributor about a week or so ago. If anyone wants to see if they still have it send me a PM and I,ll give you info.

Sent

#9256 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

When I was setting up the machine....I go to pivot the backbox up....my backglass and speaker panel were just hanging in the backbox. JJP didn't attach my backbox speaker panel during assembly.

Those guys must be lighting up fat ones during their breaks. Any other issues? Mine is coming from that same batch. I'd by lying if I said I wasn't worried, considering their track record.

#9257 4 years ago

I know a lot of non owners read this thread - just understand the power of this game right now. Went up for sale at 9k and like i expected, sold in two seconds. Market demand is off the charts. No surprise b/c it's an amazing game that is also rare.

10k no question, maybe even more.

IdahoRealtor recognize.

cheers

#9258 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I10k no question, maybe even more.
@NorCalRealtor recognize.
cheers

As someone who has missed a couple now. 10k will not sell quickly.

#9259 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I almost want to offer mine for 10,001 and prove you wrong.

#9260 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I almost want to offer mine for 10,001 and prove you wrong.

You should. I won't reply. Quickly is defined as <1 day

#9261 4 years ago

$9-9.5k seems like a range from what I've seen for a LE. Depends on condition for sure, but with new ones still rolling off the line (albeit sold) and the possibility of more being made down the line (there was no real limit on SE and LE) it seems like there is probably a small, motivated market for games right now (I was in that market) but I don't think there is some overwhelming demand.

#9262 4 years ago

Character you select, should all have a minus traits? I know that Keefer is a master of balancing, something in me just wants all the characters to have a minus traits.

Anybody else?

#9263 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

it won't last more than a few days - prob a day. I would put mine up to prove it if I'm able to keep it after it sells!

#9264 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

the possibility of more being made down the line (there was no real limit on SE and LE) it seems like there is probably a small, motivated market for games right now

And the fact it's probably one year minimum before they roll them again, what with Wonka and GnR coming down the pipe. I wouldn't be surprised if these are the last of the $9.5k Pirates, given all the cost that must be going into these and how Wonka has fewer mechs for the same money at the LE and CE levels. May be more of a YBR model going forward on the next run, who knows.

#9265 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

it won't last more than a few days - prob a day. I would put mine up to prove it if I'm able to keep it after it sells!

Quickly is 1 day, in my book, but I'd stretch to 2. Few days is just plain selling.

#9266 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Those guys must be lighting up fat ones during their breaks. Any other issues? Mine is coming from that same batch. I'd by lying if I said I wasn't worried, considering their track record.

I haven't played mine yet. Waiting on my Cliffys to arrive. I did notice that my slings appear to have the plastic washers, but I can also see that clearcoat swelling around a few of the posts already.

#9267 4 years ago

Being able to sell a used pinball for at or near 10k in a day or two let alone hours is nuts.

It is a legit game if you are able to swallow both the costs and benefits of what is arguably the most ambitious and complicated pinball ever. Heck it could even end up being the last widebody produced.

#9268 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I haven't played mine yet. Waiting on my Cliffys to arrive. I did notice that my slings appear to have the plastic washers, but I can also see that clearcoat swelling around a few of the posts already.

I don't know how you people can "not play it yet" ... I'd go crazy. I was PMing with someone else who's had the game in the box for a while.

#9269 4 years ago

Those games are a ticking time bomb. PM me if you want to sell... LoL

#9270 4 years ago

I don't know how you people can "not play it yet" ... I'd go crazy. I was PMing with someone else who's had the game in the box for a while.

This is the 1st time I've ever done this.

Trust me...it isn't easy

#9271 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

This is the 1st time I've ever done this.
Trust me...it isn't easy

Your life but I have 300 or so intense plays on mine so far. No scoop or map wear I can see. I did put removable mylar on some ball drop locations. Because why not.

I have cliffy's on order but the tortuga one is of most interest to me. If tjere is a small chip on the map whole that you can't see whole playing is that a big deal? Not to me.

Tortuga wear is more in your face but mine looks new.

#9272 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Your life but I have 300 or so intense plays on mine so far. No scoop or map wear I can see. I did put removable mylar on some ball drop locations. Because why not.
I have cliffy's on order but the tortuga one is of most interest to me. If tjere is a small chip on the map whole that you can't see whole playing is that a big deal? Not to me.
Tortuga wear is more in your face but mine looks new.

Considering I'll be digging into the machine a bit while installing the cliffys, I make take advantage of the situation and design/manufacture some plastic protectors while I'm at it.

#9273 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Character you select, should all have a minus traits? I know that Keefer is a master of balancing, something in me just wants all the characters to have a minus traits.

Appreciate the kind words... It was always meant to be a bonus for a particular area or style of play, originally started off as just the 5 or 6 main characters. As time went on and we wound up with the chapter concept, it was taken as a challenge if we could get everyone called out in the game to be interesting. With such varied options, the occasional negative became necessary, but definitely not everyone warrants it.

Anyway, here's where we're at now. Bolded lines are changes since v0.99.

potc_character_update_3 (resized).jpgpotc_character_update_3 (resized).jpg
#9275 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Unless you live in WI. Lol

What the heck is that supposed to mean? With all the the IL plates that I see in the road, I expect nothing but the most respect from someone living south of here.

#9276 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Totally unnecessary to wait. I have 1200 plays and no wear on my tortuga or map holes. Playing yours isn’t going to hurt it.

#9277 4 years ago

Hey Keith, any chance of considering the configurable 2 second ball save after chapter select. Just had it drain twice yesterday sdtm. Can go days without it happening because of the random magnet action. And then it can hit multiple times in one game. Happened once in my highest scoring game to date.

#9278 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hey Keith, any chance of considering the configurable 2 second ball save after chapter select. Just had it drain twice yesterday sdtm. Can go days without it happening because of the random magnet action. And then it can hit multiple times in one game. Happened once in my highest scoring game to date.

I second that. This would be a great addition.
I am thinking this might happen more often when the magnets are “hot” and need to cool down. When I get an SDTM it usually is with little to no pull of the magnet from post. There are times there is a lot of pull and other times there isn’t much; more often after a few games and multiballs. Other root cause could be timing; the ball hung up by the post while magnet is “pulling” due to ball sitting low against the rubber (ie worn rubber).

#9279 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Gone. Not by me.

#9280 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Gone. Not by me.

Are there any new SE's around for you to buy?

#9281 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

There were some kicking around a few weeks ago. I talked to 2 or 3 distributors who had one. Here's one on the ol ebay: ebay.com link: Pirates of the Caribbean Standard Edition Pinball Machine Jersey Jack In Stock and one on the ol pinside marketplace: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/55563

#9282 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Plenty of them available

#9283 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Plenty of them available

Why not just grab one new, have peace of mind, and save a few bucks?

#9284 4 years ago

Just had a nice 1.7mill point game. I don't think this game will ever get stale. It's just so damn good.

#9285 4 years ago

Does anyone else have this out of character bright green star always on in their star field - bottom left corner? Assuming that might be a board LED. Is there a way to clear it or get rid of it?

20190514_200816 (resized).jpg20190514_200816 (resized).jpg

#9286 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Does anyone else have this out of character bright green star always on in there star field - bottom left corner? Assuming that might be a board LED. Is there a way to clear it or get rid of it?
[quoted image]

I've been meaning to ask about that. I have it as an orange light. Same spot.

#9287 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Why not just grab one new, have peace of mind, and save a few bucks?

Holding out for a LE. I'm in no hurry. This thread is just busy and I am having fun which makes me look like I'm in a hurry.

#9288 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I've been meaning to ask about that. I have it as an orange light. Same spot.

Here is a pic of the board from the manual. The led in the corner is an indicator light. Green =ok. Red = bad fuse. You may want to contact JJP if it is red.

163AD844-737F-46EA-8519-6757C497E4FA (resized).png163AD844-737F-46EA-8519-6757C497E4FA (resized).png

#9289 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Here is a pic of the board from the manual. The led in the corner is an indicator light. Green =ok. Red = bad fuse. You may want to contact JJP if it is red.
[quoted image]

Uh... what if it is white?

#9290 4 years ago

Uh... what if it is white?

Lol. Not sure.

#9291 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

[quoted image]

Hmmm. I wonder if the color is being diffused by the plastic. Definitely not red......or green.

#9292 4 years ago

Doesn't matter to me, I can't read that thing to save my life.

#9293 4 years ago

I've considered trying to e-tape the errant green star, but mostly I've gotten used to it.

#9294 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Doesn't matter to me, I can't read that thing to save my life.

Right? It's pretty...

Quoted from zaphX:

I've considered trying to e-tape the errant green star, but mostly I've gotten used to it.

Seriously it's green for everyone? I feel like I would notice that... now I am going to go look!

#9295 4 years ago

Right? It's pretty...

Seriously it's green for everyone? I feel like I would notice that... now I am going to go look!

Somewhere early on this thread I asked everyone else about the green star.

#9296 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Somewhere early on this thread I asked everyone else about the green star.

I was way late to this party, heh. I thought I read the whole thread but I'm sure some of that stuff went over my head before I actually had a game.

Damnit... it's green. HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THAT?!

#9297 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Appreciate the kind words... It was always meant to be a bonus for a particular area or style of play, originally started off as just the 5 or 6 main characters. As time went on and we wound up with the chapter concept, it was taken as a challenge if we could get everyone called out in the game to be interesting. With such varied options, the occasional negative became necessary, but definitely not everyone warrants it.
Anyway, here's where we're at now. Bolded lines are changes since v0.99.[quoted image]

Arrrrrrrr!!! I love the new character traits! Really impressed with the addition of the constellation for Carina too - perfectly fitting for that character in the movie. Can tell a lot of good thought went into the traits for all of the characters. Still loving this game and playing just about every day!!!

#9298 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I second that. This would be a great addition.
I am thinking this might happen more often when the magnets are “hot” and need to cool down. When I get an SDTM it usually is with little to no pull of the magnet from post. There are times there is a lot of pull and other times there isn’t much; more often after a few games and multiballs. Other root cause could be timing; the ball hung up by the post while magnet is “pulling” due to ball sitting low against the rubber (ie worn rubber).

I 3rd that motion!

#9299 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Anyway, here's where we're at now. Bolded lines are changes since v0.99.[quoted image]

I think I said it before but the current character abililities are great, this really puts it over the top.

I am looking forward to a lot of the new tweaks; e.g. how Mr. W. Swan really changes things up, and a lot of the perks to the other characters to give them another trick or two.

Ms. Smyth also seems like a great way to actually be able to teach myself the constellations. Awesome!

#9300 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Holding out for a LE. I'm in no hurry. This thread is just busy and I am having fun which makes me look like I'm in a hurry.

You might just reach out to a large distributor such as Pinballs.com and ask to be on their list for cancellations. My JJPOTCLE is literally in the last batch and I'm going over to Portland to play one tomorrow. I have only had a few games on a prototype from TPF in 2018 and thought it was great at that time, but want to dive in a little more before final payment is requested. These pictures of playfield chipping are actually very concerning. My 26 year old TZ is perfect, with various sized posts. It seems to me that JJP should have Mirco do another run of CE and LE/Standard playfields, with an improved clearcoat process. If you have seen Christopher Hutchins' work(High End Pins), you will know it is very possible to do excellent clear in this day and age. The playfields could be offered at cost to current owners with problems, bundled with posts that do not skewer the playfields. That would preserve the value of these machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/186 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.