(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 377.
#8251 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Best bet to just use the clear washers from Pinball Life right now under the stock posts as a preventative measure?

Are you referring to PETG washers?
I'm asking because I happen to know they are working very well without any signs of wear to the playfield underneath them after weeks of testing.

#8252 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Best bet to just use the clear washers from Pinball Life right now under the stock posts as a preventative measure?

That's what I'm thinking. I'm just not sure what size fit under/around the posts.

#8253 4 years ago

I just had a crazy game and need to share. On ball one I started a couple multiballs, had x3 Playfield on and started Arrr Frenzy. Then a mystery award gave me 6x playfield. I shot the spinners nicely and got some jackpots from the different multiball. And suddenly I had 6 Millions. Arrr Frenzy alone was over 2 Millions. So much fun. But because I was laughing so much I screwed up the other two balls what a great fun game. But it is quite rare to get 6x playfield right? Normally it takes quite some Pirates award and then you still have to hit the 6x target.

64095F72-97A9-4F34-8101-0F51E2F67C1B (resized).jpeg64095F72-97A9-4F34-8101-0F51E2F67C1B (resized).jpegC2176AC7-C6FF-4B8E-9C5C-3205DBF43371 (resized).jpegC2176AC7-C6FF-4B8E-9C5C-3205DBF43371 (resized).jpeg
#8254 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Are you referring to PETG washers?
I'm asking because I happen to know they are working very well without any signs of wear to the playfield underneath them after weeks of testing.

I checked mine yesterday and can also confirm no damage from the PETG washers. I'm using 3/4"

#8255 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I checked mine yesterday and can also confirm no damage from the PETG washers. I'm using 3/4"

Do you have a pic? Wondered how much they stick out around the posts.

Others reported mylar also does not cause damage, but I am weary of that because it seems like such little protection.

#8256 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'd use mylar (and did). Doesn't change the height of the posts and provides protection.

#8257 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

I just had a crazy game and need to share. On ball one I started a couple multiballs, had x3 Playfield on and started Arrr Frenzy. Then a mystery award gave me 6x playfield. I shot the spinners nicely and got some jackpots from the different multiball. And suddenly I had 6 Millions. Arrr Frenzy alone was over 2 Millions. So much fun. But because I was laughing so much I screwed up the other two balls what a great fun game. But it is quite rare to get 6x playfield right? Normally it takes quite some Pirates award and then you still have to hit the 6x target.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that's an amazing game!

#8258 4 years ago

FYI, I got a really quick reply from Frank at JJP tech support who said they are going to look into the issue with the dimpling/cracking of playfield around the posts. I provided him my game info and pics, so we'll see what they say.

#8259 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

What's the best character to get the highest points, assuming no wizard modes and some multi all stacking?

Blackbeard my man.

Multiball for days.

Quoted from tatapolus:

Good game!

6x is definitely hard to get unless its via mystery reward. Combine it with a 6x shot multiplier and you have some serious multiplication going on.

I've had a ~1.5 million Arr Frenzy via a 6x playfield and its still one of my best games yet. It was CRAZY fun watching how fast the scores started ramping up.

#8260 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I don't really have an option as I already have chipping and areas where the playfield is removed and wood is exposed. I'm hoping the star posts at least cover it. I hope that I will be able to not crank them down as much and use something insulating under them to prevent more indentation.

That was my situation too, and agree that once you’re chipped you really don’t have much choice but to cover it with the larger star posts.
I used the soft silicone washers to pad the star posts which has worked out fine. They did leave depressions in the clear (shape and size of the washer) but I think that is unavoidable. If they prevent more chipping by providing a bit of a buffer to the playfield, I’m happy.

The extra height the washers added did not bother me nor did it adversely affect gameplay. You can review footage at twitch.tv/nspinball if you want to see how it plays before committing.

#8261 4 years ago

My concern regarding washers...The slingshot rubbers are now at a higher elevation. Wouldn't this cause more downward force on the ball? This might cause premature wear in locations where the ball meets rubber.

#8262 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Frick! Great score and game. I am nowhere near that score range to date. I assume a few wizard modes were in play with that type of score. Congrats.

#8263 4 years ago

Do you have a pic? Wondered how much they stick out around the posts.
Others reported mylar also does not cause damage, but I am weary of that because it seems like such little protection.

Here's a pic I posted a few days ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/160#post-4957320

#8264 4 years ago

As others have stated, 3/4” for the washers around the sling posts.

#8265 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

That’s the highest I have seen by far.

Damn...

Any mods physically or gameplay wise to achieve this?

#8266 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My concern regarding washers...The slingshot rubbers are now at a higher elevation. Wouldn't this cause more downward force on the ball? This might cause premature wear in locations where the ball meets rubber.

I had this same concern.

I was one of the “lucky” ones who had metal washers already installed.

When my PETG washers come in, I can compare the difference in thickness and report back.

For sure, the metal washers will be thinner, but by how much?

#8267 4 years ago

No offense, but not for me. Maybe with the wider star posts they would look better to me, but that looks too odd.

#8268 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I had this same concern.
I was one of the “lucky” ones who had metal washers already installed.
When my PETG washers come in, I can compare the difference in thickness and report back.
For sure, the metal washers will be thinner, but by how much?

Probably by about half, the PETG are pretty thick. The nylon washers I ordered from Marco were the thinnest and closest to the diameter they had, might be another option. I think the thinnest was .03".

#8269 4 years ago

Probably by about half, the PETG are pretty thick. The nylon washers I ordered from Marco were the thinnest and closest to the diameter they had, might be another option. I think the thinnest was .03".

I hate that something this “simple” is even a concern in the first place, but here we are.

#8270 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I hate that something this “simple” is even a concern in the first place, but here we are.

I find it sort of interesting that at this point in their existence it is an issue, but yes, here we are. From what I think I understand it's not JJP making the playfields, so might not be their cause, could be Mirco. Mine has probably been played quite a bit more than the others here but 8 months of play should not have chipping on the playfield, not even the gouging should really be acceptable at this price point IMHO.

#8271 4 years ago

Just found a photo from last week. These are the wee washers on the sling posts now, as of 1/21 anyway.

One side had them stuck to all three posts. The other three were loose upon post removal.

Screenshot_20190426-191757_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190426-191757_Photos (resized).jpg
#8272 4 years ago

I find it sort of interesting that at this point in their existence it is an issue, but yes, here we are. From what I think I understand it's not JJP making the playfields, so might not be their cause, could be Mirco. Mine has probably been played quite a bit more than the others here but 8 months of play should not have chipping on the playfield, not even the gouging should really be acceptable at this price point IMHO.

Not sure about gouging in this context, but agree.

ESPECIALLY if your machine is HUO.

#8273 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Just found a photo from last week. These are the wee washers on the sling posts now, as of 1/21 anyway.
One side had them stuck to all three posts. The other three were loose upon post removal.
[quoted image]

Very interesting. So they know there was an issue.

#8274 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

[quoted image]

Those would be the correct size and thickness washers to use. If thats what they added looks pretty good and that would solve the issue.

#8275 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Those would be the correct size and thickness washers to use. If thats what they added looks pretty good and that would solve the issue.

Well, that sort of helps people who don't have the chipping or denting yet ... but not the ones who do We need a similar washer for the larger star posts.

#8276 4 years ago

Just reading through this with people asking how many LE's is JJP making... I kind of laugh at this because the reality is, JJP doesn't really limit the middle-of-the-line models if there is demand.

Look at Hobbit- LE, then they came out with a more desirable "Smaug" edition that was just like the LE. Now look at WOZ, multiple editions, all "LE" quality available.

Of course this is good news for those looking to add a sweet game to their collection, but for those thinking they are going to have a super rare model that will climb in price, I'd think again.

I am seriously considering a JJP POTC in the future, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that $9500 is hard to swallow for one game. Oh well.

#8277 4 years ago

Well, that sort of helps people who don't have the chipping or denting yet ... but not the ones who do We need a similar washer for the larger star posts.

I typically get washers like that from Amazon (search Clear Washer) and there are Many options and sizes available at a low cost.

#8278 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Just reading through this with people asking how many LE's is JJP making... I kind of laugh at this because the reality is, JJP doesn't really limit the middle-of-the-line models if there is demand.
Look at Hobbit- LE, then they came out with a more desirable "Smaug" edition that was just like the LE. Now look at WOZ, multiple editions, all "LE" quality available.

Nope. ECLE is the only one with a direct-printed cabinet. They never did it again, making it A> Awesome, and B> Truly a JJP LE.

#8279 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I typically get washers like that from Amazon (search Clear Washer) and there are Many options and sizes available at a low cost.

Yea, it just sounded like someone already figured out which one. The thickness is especially important since diameter is probably easily found.

#8280 4 years ago

So, neither my wife nor I knew that plundering a ball was possible. She found out tonight that it was, HA!

#8281 4 years ago

So, neither my wife nor I knew that plundering a ball was possible. She found out tonight that it was, HA!

Ball and character are the most damaging plunders.

#8282 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ball and character are the most damaging plunders.

Well, I plundered the crap out of her.

She thought she was all cool when she took 20k from me. When mine landed on "plunder 1 ball" I was like all "ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh damnnnnnnnn!" heh. It led me to 350k, which for me on a fresh multi-player game is pretty good.

#8283 4 years ago

Ya Im not a fan of the plunder character. If you got to keep your first character it would be good but you don't. Ill take balls and points all day

#8284 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope. ECLE is the only one with a direct-printed cabinet. They never did it again, making it A> Awesome, and B> Truly a JJP LE.

My Standerd WOZ has direct print.
I believe the first 250 standers had direct print cabs then switched over to decals.

Wizard Of Oz Standard Pinball Machine Features :

▪ 26" Wells Gardner HD LCD Monitor displays animations,
scores, movie clips, backglass, artwork and much more !

▪ Premium Clear Coated Playfield + UV Stable Artwork

▪ Full Color Digitally Printed Solid Wood Cabinet and
Playfield featuring Premium Clearcoat Technology

C64CBC31-18B5-4464-A5BD-027DB9A9C20B (resized).jpegC64CBC31-18B5-4464-A5BD-027DB9A9C20B (resized).jpeg

#8285 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Of course this is good news for those looking to add a sweet game to their collection, but for those thinking they are going to have a super rare model that will climb in price, I'd think again.
I am seriously considering a JJP POTC in the future, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that $9500 is hard to swallow for one game. Oh well.

I don’t think they are asking because they hope it’s rare. I think they are asking because they are just curious. That said, considering used LE are going for about the same price as NIB, I’d say many people see the value for the $9500 version being well worth it. The demand is there.

#8286 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don’t think they are asking because they hope it’s rare. I think they are asking because they are just curious. That said, considering used LE are going for about the same price as NIB, I’d say many people see the value for the $9500 version being well worth it. The demand is there.

I think very few POTC owners are interested in parting with them.

#8287 4 years ago

First, let me say Titan Pinball's customer service is top notch (not to mention their products are awesome). That being said, I have a full set of glow in the dark flipper rings for PoTC that I am not going to use. Does anyone want them? I don't see me ever using them on any game, so if someone else can use them I'd be happy to throw them in the mail.

#8288 4 years ago

Posting this for a key post referencing rubber ring sizes and locations. This is in the owners manual as well. Screenshot is from vireland I believe.
B86939D9-191C-4935-8BAB-28CE33B8C4F5 (resized).jpegB86939D9-191C-4935-8BAB-28CE33B8C4F5 (resized).jpeg

#8289 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Posting this for a key post referencing rubber ring sizes and locations. This is in the owners manual as well. Screenshot is from vireland I believe.
[quoted image]

Titan also has a correct kit already made up (through community submission) with all the components properly chosen.

#8290 4 years ago

Titan also has a correct kit already made up (through community submission) with all the components properly chosen.

That’s pretty awesome...

#8291 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

[quoted image]

Appreciate it, but it's better to direct people to the tech thread for PotC (and key post it there, if you like) where this post is in the index rather than this general conversation/club thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/8#post-4958386

The graphic is a combination of two pages from the manual that eliminates wasted space.

#8292 4 years ago

Anyone heard status on the latest run? If they are still idling waiting for parts?

#8293 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Anyone heard status on the latest run? If they are still idling waiting for parts?

Yes, still on hold

#8294 4 years ago

Yep. Though if someone wants to use different colors or something other than titan they’ll need the ring size and locations.

#8295 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Last I heard. In other news, the LE we have here has a number that's almost 800 on the playfield underside in blue, and that was mid-Feb. So JJP probably will have made at least 1000 LEs by the time they're done.

#8296 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Appreciate it, but it's better to direct people to the tech thread for PotC (and key post it there, if you like) where this post is in the index rather than this general conversation/club thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/8#post-4958386
The graphic is a combination of two pages from the manual that eliminates wasted space.

I get the sentiment but there's no harm in having information in the official club thread. Many people look specifically for club threads and then search them for information like this. I know I do!

edit: and yes your graphic is perfect!

#8297 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Wow your arr frenzy score is my grand champ score now I feel like a horrible player

#8298 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yep. Though if someone wants to use different colors or something other than titan they’ll need the ring size and locations.

The kit has them all listed But yes.

#8299 4 years ago

The kit has them all listed But yes.

Except the kit doesn't tell you where a 1.5" ID ring goes or a 2" ID ring goes etc. So if you're only trying to selectively replace a few pieces without buying the entire kit, the full listed kit doesn't tell you where each ring goes, so you don't know what to buy. I literally just did this since I was placing a titan order today to just replace a few pieces and did not want the entire kit.

#8300 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Except the kit doesn't tell you where a 1.5" ID ring goes or a 2" ID ring goes etc. So if you're only trying to selectively replace a few pieces without buying the entire kit, the full listed kit doesn't tell you where each ring goes, so you don't know what to buy. I literally just did this since I was placing a titan order today to just replace a few pieces and did not want the entire kit.

AH. Gotcha.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.