(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 minutes ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 378.
#2351 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Its Possible if you raise the plunger (turn screw in to set height and lock jamb nut) that the coil will be able to draw the plunger again. I suspect its just out of range. Simple adjustment but we are here if that doesn't work.

This is correct, both of my disappearing posts were not working due to bolt backing out which was right out of the box.... Actually found bolts at bottom next to speaker. However, did not tighten the nut hard enough and bolts backed out later on.

#2352 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thank you very much!! Adjusting the position and tightening the nut was all it needed. The post now fires as it should.
Thank you for the tip!

No worries, LTG pays us in smiles and warm comments to be his helper elves! (monkeys) lol. Glad you got it working. The group is always around to help unless you want to know how to play better for that I'm at a loose.

#2353 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No worries, LTG pays us in smiles and warm comments to be his helper elves! (monkeys) lol. Glad you got it working. The group is always around to help unless you want to know how to play better for that I'm at a loose.

I expect it will be months and months before I’m able to successfully finish all chapters for 1 movie.

#2354 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I expect it will be months and months before I’m able to successfully finish all chapters for 1 movie.

Yep can't help with that. Haven't figured out a mod to make me play better! I sadly resorted to watching the Wizard modes on YouTube as I may never see them otherwise. lol

#2355 5 years ago

How do you think POTC compares to Dialed in difficulty-wize? I find DI pretty hard myself, never progressing more than about two sim-cards. Also newbies find DI a bit unforgiving.

#2356 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

How do you think POTC compares to Dialed in difficulty-wize? I find DI pretty hard myself, never progressing more than about two sim-cards. Also newbies find DI a bit unforgiving.

It’s a really good balance IMO. Plenty of challenge and difficulty mastering the chapters/wizard modes, while it’s still pretty approachable to get multiballs, the cannon shot and other exciting events.

It seems equally interesting to newbies/casuals as well as hardcore pinheads.

#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It’s a really good balance IMO. Plenty of challenge and difficulty mastering the chapters/wizard modes, while it’s still pretty approachable to get multiballs, the cannon shot and other exciting events.
It seems equally interesting to newbies/casuals as well as hardcore pinheads.

Plus plundering all there points, gold, and balls always makes for some competitive laughs lol.

#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Every single spotlight LED has exploded in my game at this point — losing the diffuser sometimes but mainly just shaking apart to the point of failure. I replaced them all with warm Comet flashers (they are 12 volt bulbs, take note!). I’ve had my game on location for 14 weeks and it has a lot more action than others. Similar thing also happened to the ship spinner optos. The housings shook apart to crumbled little pieces and I had to replace entirely. Heads up.

My game is on location, too. Haven't run into the spotlight issue yet, but have had one ship spinner opto break in half back in November. Those opto housings are thin and fragile. I would guess this issue will show up for everyone at some point unless a stronger replacement opto is found.

#2359 5 years ago

I think the code is a masterpiece but that said it would be great to give the user a bit more options in preferences, as there are many players that don't love the "everything can stack" rules and would want them separated so that modes and multiballs can be appreciated more fully. What do you all think of the following?

1. allow options in user settings to change stackability of modes and multiballs:
Can modes be started during a multiball?
- Yes (default)
- No

Can a movie multiball be started during an already playing movie multiball?
- Yes (default)
- No

2. allow option in user settings to change chapter rules of qualifying a wizard mode:
Wizard mode requires 5 chapters to be:
- Played (default)
- Completed

#2360 5 years ago

Been busy, but put my highest score on so far Christmas Eve night. My buddy and his wife played for first time and had a blast!!

0CE7E631-799B-4E62-957E-D64C736C31D1 (resized).jpeg0CE7E631-799B-4E62-957E-D64C736C31D1 (resized).jpeg
#2361 5 years ago

Scratch that! New highest score!

5503C6A3-904A-40A9-9844-A04E589CB5F6 (resized).jpeg5503C6A3-904A-40A9-9844-A04E589CB5F6 (resized).jpeg
#2362 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Scratch that! New highest score!
[quoted image]

LOL I was going to say Ha got that beat then you posted again. Nice!

#2363 5 years ago

How do you get it to display the pictures it takes. At a location the game would scroll through the high scores with the pirate photos. Mine does not do this. Can't seem to find it in the settings.

#2364 5 years ago
710F533A-9AF2-4235-A13C-6EC7989B2679 (resized).jpeg710F533A-9AF2-4235-A13C-6EC7989B2679 (resized).jpeg
#2365 5 years ago

I finally fixed my issue with the cannon! Recapped here in its entirety:

SYMPTOM: Frequently (but intermittently) the cannon shot would fail to move up and down, instead freezing in place. Also noticed that the ship calibration could not get single digit speeds, seeming to lose steam around 12-14.

DIAGNOSIS: Running the ship test seemed to work fine at higher speeds. Initially I took this to mean there were no physical issues with the ship movement. On closer examination, it felt like the ship wasn’t listing to the left as much as it should. I pulled the playfield into the service position and repeated the test where I could now see the motor assembly was bending upon each revolution:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11G0ehgLGJRel5;19361558-3938-4DAE-BE51-A8E8BE8F2E5A

The reason for this was the adjustment bar which set set to the full topmost extent. This was causing the pin that moves the ship to halt against the top of the slot in the wood, causing the motor to press down and bend its bracket in order to keep moving.

FIX: After adjusting the screws to allow full range of movement, the ship now freely operates:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11G0ehgLGJRel5;30C87B43-515A-404C-A1C4-AA6A485565EF

Additionally, the calibration test is now able to run all the way down to 4.

I am very happy to have this issue resolved, which is my last open problem with the game.

FD3CEFF7-BB9E-4161-A94F-75BA45F6F20A (resized).jpegFD3CEFF7-BB9E-4161-A94F-75BA45F6F20A (resized).jpegE1C1D172-687E-471E-ACE8-D8C2A16ED18C (resized).jpegE1C1D172-687E-471E-ACE8-D8C2A16ED18C (resized).jpeg
#2366 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

SYMPTOM: Frequently (but intermittently) the cannon shot would fail to move up and down, instead freezing in place. Also noticed that the ship calibration could not get single digit speeds, seeming to lose steam around 12-14.
DIAGNOSIS: Running the ship test seemed to work fine at higher speeds. Initially I took this to mean there were no physical issues with the ship movement. On closer examination, it felt like the ship wasn’t listing to the left as much as it should. I pulled the playfield into the service position and repeated the test where I could now see the motor assembly was bending upon each revolution:
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11G0ehgLGJRel5;19361558-3938-4DAE-BE51-A8E8BE8F2E5A
The reason for this was the adjustment bar which set set to the full topmost extent. This was causing the pin that moves the ship to halt against the top of the slot in the wood, causing the motor to press down and bend its bracket in order to keep moving.
FIX: After adjusting the screws to allow full range of movement, the ship now freely operates:
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11G0ehgLGJRel5;30C87B43-515A-404C-A1C4-AA6A485565EF
I am very happy to have this issue resolved, which is my last open problem with the game.[quoted image][quoted image]

So are you saying the ship moves at normal speed when loaded?

#2367 5 years ago

Finished up wiring the undercab light show. Completely bypassed the projector’s electronics. Direct wired the +5V and GND to the fan, motor, and Blue and Green LEDs to a USB cable. There is one USB left open in the backbox that is powered. So the CPU is providing the power, that way the undercabinet lights turn on when you turn the pinball machine on and the computer boots up. Any electronics experts out there, let me know if there is anything I can add for safety of the USB. Don’t care about the lights, but would rather not have to replace the motherboard.

This projector looks more like running water. Can’t decide if I like this one or the first one I tried which was more a shimmer than running water. But I do like the blue and green as it matches the playfield and the projector is in a better format. Looking forward to Yelobird’s version to compare. Video is the same as the last I posted.

KINGTOP Disco Party Lights
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0719FFLDV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_HjdjCbHR5K0TD

C88C325B-6062-406C-AC07-420D75A4CA2D (resized).jpegC88C325B-6062-406C-AC07-420D75A4CA2D (resized).jpeg
#2368 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

So are you saying the ship moves at normal speed when loaded?

Yes, everything now works fine.

#2369 5 years ago

Did y'all adjust any difficulty settings in menus? Ball save timer, etc?

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Did y'all adjust any difficulty settings in menus? Ball save timer, etc?

I turned on a 5 second ball save timer. Aside from that, everything default with the “home” setup.

#2371 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am very happy to have this issue resolved, which is my last open problem with the game.[quoted image][quoted image]

Well done Sir. Nicely solved. We were just discussing your issue amongst us and you got it.

#2372 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Well done Sir. Nicely solved. We were just discussing your issue amongst us and you got it.

Thank you! I’m feeling pretty great right now.

#2373 5 years ago

What I spent my time on over the holiday break.

9B26CCD1-A151-42EB-8885-AF8CF2C88B3A (resized).jpeg9B26CCD1-A151-42EB-8885-AF8CF2C88B3A (resized).jpeg
#2374 5 years ago

Well done @zaphx!

#2375 5 years ago

Is there any definitive fix for the button on the lock down bar? I am 8 days into ownership and the button is already sticking and behaving badly.

#2376 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

I am 8 days into ownership and the button is already sticking and behaving badly.

Center the arm of the switch. Put a blob of hot glue on the end of the push button and flatten a bit when warm.

That should help a lot.

LTG : )

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Is there any definitive fix for the button on the lock down bar? I am 8 days into ownership and the button is already sticking and behaving badly.

I hit mine with WD40. Many will cringe at that, but it worked. Pressed the button down and hit the exposed plunger with a tiny blast. It has been perfect since.

#2378 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I hit mine with WD40. Many will cringe at that, but it worked. Pressed the button down and hit the exposed plunger with a tiny blast. It has been perfect since.

I should point out, my issue was internal friction on the button - not travel to the microswitch.

#2379 5 years ago

Thanks guys, ill give this a try. Of note, my button also pops up and halfway out of the shell (not sure what the outside of the button/plunger is called).

#2380 5 years ago

I smeared white lithium grease on the action button shaft and it hasn’t stuck since. So much easier to collect gold now!

#2381 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

my button also pops up and halfway out of the shell

The end is misformed and shouldn't do that.

LTG : )

#2382 5 years ago

Figured out the wanted posters issue from a previous post. Just takes a long time to scroll through with the flippers to get to them. I would like to see them come up more often/quicker. Also, would like to have an easier way to random select a character other than the flipper code.

That said, this game is fun! I finally made it to a movie mini wizard mode last night for the first time on my last ball. You really have to think and plan out a strategy to get to these. I like that you can play this game just for the fun shots, mechs, and multiballs or choose to play towards completing chapters and getting to the movie wizard modes. I can't imagine ever seeing the final wizard...it is a long journey to get there.

#2383 5 years ago

I've had my game for about a week now. I absolutely love it. What a great game! I've had just a few of the minor issues that others have also had. Thanks to everyone for your great tips. I'm certainly not a handyman, but I've learned a lot from all the great people on pinside.

My biggest complaint is that i might not be in good enough shape to play this game. I strained my back trying to save the ball from draining down the outlanes. I'm serious. Curious if anyone else has had this happen? My wife was like, "what's wrong with your back?" Me, "oh, strained it playing Pirates". She just shook her head.

#2384 5 years ago

Can someone please help me with what I need to look for to fix this issue.

20181227_110947 (resized).jpg20181227_110947 (resized).jpg
#2385 5 years ago

Anyone know if the saved pictures can be erased or does that require resetting all high scores or doing a factory reset? Would be nice if JJP provided a way to clear out just the saved pictures

#2386 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

I need to look for to fix this issue.

Possible loose harness, have to look at schematic.

#2387 5 years ago

Check your J601 connection at cpu may have shaken loose.

#2388 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Anyone know if the saved pictures can be erased or does that require resetting all high scores or doing a factory reset? Would be nice if JJP provided a way to clear out just the saved pictures

Across _all_ JJP games, I'd like to see a way to scroll through and erase individual pictures. It's certainly possible to sneak something non-family-friendly into a pic, and it'd be a shame to need to erase _everyone's_ pix (and scores) just to eliminate _one_ bad apple.

#2389 5 years ago

Best I've managed over the break and on the new code. That guy who has 13+ million on the other page must have had an INSANE game that went on forever.

Pretty sure I was playing for 30ish minutes on this one. I think the key was a well timed Arrrr Frenzy and a Super X on the playfield. Still haven't made a 666666 mode yet.
IMG_2549 (resized).JPGIMG_2549 (resized).JPG

#2390 5 years ago

I've had the pin for two weeks, and setup is pretty easy/friendly, but so far I have only gotten two wizard modes but haven't beaten either. Love the wizard modes though, they feel so epic.

#2391 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Best I've managed over the break and on the new code. That guy who has 13+ million on the other page must have had an INSANE game that went on forever.
Pretty sure I was playing for 30ish minutes on this one. I think the key was a well timed Arrrr Frenzy and a Super X on the playfield. Still haven't made a 666666 mode yet.
[quoted image]

Was this on a 3 ball or 5 ball game? Makes a difference....

#2392 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

I did Yelobird’s fix to my action button and it immediately resolved the stickiness when being depressed. Haven’t had an issue with it since.

Post#1079
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/22#post-4697200

#2393 5 years ago

Anyone else had a bug with the Start Chapter? I have noticed in high scoring games, lots of multiballs, etc, that late in the game I will have several qualified chapters, send a ball into the Start Chapter, the post comes up and the ball bounces around, the LCD shows random canon shots firing from chapters, but then the game just hangs for about 5 seconds. Then it releases the ball and fails to actually start a chapter. It will sometimes do this multiple times in a row and then fix itself if I drain and end my current ball.

#2394 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Was this on a 3 ball or 5 ball game? Makes a difference....

true. i always assume everybody just plays 3 ball usually. with the way this game gives out extra balls on a long game sometimes a 3 ball game seems to play more like a 5 or 6 or 7 ball game haha.

#2395 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Anyone else had a bug with the Start Chapter? I have noticed in high scoring games, lots of multiballs, etc, that late in the game I will have several qualified chapters, send a ball into the Start Chapter, the post comes up and the ball bounces around, the LCD shows random canon shots firing from chapters, but then the game just hangs for about 5 seconds. Then it releases the ball and fails to actually start a chapter. It will sometimes do this multiple times in a row and then fix itself if I drain and end my current ball.

With the old code yes, with the new code no

#2396 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

With the old code yes, with the new code no

I'm on .98 which is the latest public release to my knowledge.

#2397 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'm on .98 which is the latest public release to my knowledge.

Right, but didn’t have this anymore. But for that my chest lock will not register anymore after the third chest multiball was played

#2398 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

true. i always assume everybody just plays 3 ball usually. with the way this game gives out extra balls on a long game sometimes a 3 ball game seems to play more like a 5 or 6 or 7 ball game haha.

Fair point. Congratulations on a great score.

#2399 5 years ago

Where exactly are the Black Pearl Motor Outer Opto #69 and Black Pearl Motor Inner Opto #70 located?

My Black Pearl Motor Inner Opto #70 is always active and I'm not sure that's correct. Ship seems to move fine during play.
The ship test gives mixed results, see pics. Am I right to suspect something wrong?

IMG_6703 (resized).JPGIMG_6703 (resized).JPGIMG_6704 (resized).JPGIMG_6704 (resized).JPGIMG_6705 (resized).JPGIMG_6705 (resized).JPGIMG_6706 (resized).JPGIMG_6706 (resized).JPGIMG_6707 (resized).JPGIMG_6707 (resized).JPG
#2400 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Across all_ JJP games, I'd like to see a way to scroll through and erase individual pictures. It's certainly possible to sneak something non-family-friendly into a pic, and it'd be a shame to need to erase everyone's_ pix (and scores) just to eliminate one_ bad apple.

I’m not entirely sure that is true. The game appears to use face detection algorithms.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.