(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 377.
#2451 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

On recent games JJP added one of those clear rubber nipple stick on things same as the top of the Tortuga scoop and the issue is solved. Hope this makes sense.

The nipple is there. Maybe I need to stimulate it more. In all seriousness, it should be longer. I noticed the nipple/soft plastic cover right after. I took the picture.

#2452 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:Get the F out of here. For those posting scores please confirm how many balls per play. I know the Europeans love their fine ball

I play my pins always with the factory standard Settings (3 Ball).
Extra Balls are at 150.000, 400.000 and 800.000 and other Feature settings are also standard.

#2453 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The nipple is there. Maybe I need to stimulate it more. In all seriousness, it should be longer. I noticed the nipple/soft plastic cover right after. I took the picture.

Stimulation is key! lol If your game is not into that I suspect they installed your nipple just slightly to far back. I moved it towards the wire ramp just a nipples length and no more ball catches. So much nipple talk you would think we really Were pirates!

#2454 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

On recent games JJP added one of those clear rubber nipple stick on things same as the top of the Tortuga scoop and the issue is solved. Hope this makes sense.
Not sure if this will help but here is a picture of the afore mentioned nipple. lol
[quoted image]

Nipples to the rescue!

#2455 5 years ago

Tried to search the posts for cannon issues. I thought I saw one before but didn’t find anything.

The issue that just started popping up is that the cannon was missing right. I noticed the Dauntless has a lot of front to back play in it. When pushed all the way back, it was making the shot easily. When it wiggles its way forward the shot misses right. Is there a physical adjustment for the cannon or should I look at the Dauntless for an adjustment to take some of the play out you think?

#2456 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Tried to search the posts for cannon issues. I thought I saw one before but didn’t find anything.
The issue that just started popping up is that the cannon was missing right. I noticed the Dauntless has a lot of front to back play in it. When pushed all the way back, it was making the shot easily. When it wiggles its way forward the shot misses right. Is there a physical adjustment for the cannon or should I look at the Dauntless for an adjustment to take some of the play out you think?

How is your Pearl range of motion? I’d look at that, as I had to tweak mine a bit before I was happy with its home position. Having done this, the Dauntless bullseye is now an easy center shot every time.

#2457 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How is your Pearl range of motion? I’d look at that, as I had to tweak mine a bit before I was happy with its home position. Having done this, the Dauntless bullseye is now an easy center shot every time.

Where in the rocking do you launch the cannon? If I don’t hit it right at the top, it does not make it and even then it skips off the bottom. My Pearl never goes up to the top of the slot like I believe yours did. Just wondering if mine is too low or if you are supposed to launch at the top of the arc.

#2458 5 years ago

Where in the rocking do you launch the cannon? If I don’t hit it right at the top, it does not make it and even then it skips off the bottom. My Pearl never goes up to the top of the slot like I believe yours did. Just wondering if mine is too low or if you are supposed to launch at the top of the arc.

My bullsys shot is directly in the center of the up/down travel. Sounds like mine was too high and yours is too low. What do the 2 screws look like on the motor bracket behind the playfield?

I believe topmost is no good, and bottommost is no good. I had to play with mine to find the sweet spot where the ship in “home” was level with the ramp.

#2459 5 years ago

Don’t know if that fixed the right to left or not but that definitely was an issue. Add this to the things to check for new games. Mine was all the way up. Will try it out in the morning but thanks for the insights. The Pearl rocking arm should be centered in the slot. Will try the cannon shot again in the morning and see if mine now takes the center of the rocking to make the ship shot centered as well. Will also check the coil power on the cannon shot.

#2460 5 years ago

Don’t know if that fixed the right to left or not but that definitely was an issue. Add this to the things to check for new games. Mine was all the way up. Will try it out in the morning but thanks for the insights. The Pearl rocking arm should be centered in the slot. Will try the cannon shot again in the morning and see if mine now takes the center of the rocking to make the ship shot centered as well. Will also check the coil power on the cannon shot.

Sweet, glad it helped. I did add examination and calibration of this bar to my unboxing checklist.

After doing this fix, I found the Pearl played a lot better and it was now possible to trap the ball on the left flipper (in certain lower-speeds.)

#2461 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Sweet, glad it helped. I did add examination and calibration of this bar to my unboxing checklist.
After doing this fix, I found the Pearl played a lot better and it was now possible to trap the ball on the left flipper (in certain lower-speeds.)

Bummer, even at high speeds I was able to do this! Lol. Guess I need to erase those high scores!

#2462 5 years ago

Bummer, even at high speeds I was able to do this! Lol. Guess I need to erase those high scores!

Hah, yeah - if your Pearl was listing too far to the left, you had a major advantage in ball retention.

I think you nailed it; the correct position is centered such that the gap between top & bottom of the slot are the same. That’s where mine ended up.
I used “home” position of the Pearl and even ramp alignment as my guide.

It will be fun to do this on pin #2 next week, with the benefit of going through this exploration.

I wonder how many Pearls in the field are randomly maladjusted?

#2463 5 years ago

Couple of suggestions. Sounds like your Black Pearl is moving correctly only possibly not centering for proper target. I would calibrate first as thats a simple process. Second, know that the metal linkage with 2 screws (talked about several times for early owners myself included) is a slotted bracket. Its possible yours needs to be mechanically adjusted so it makes a full travel up. Sounds like yours is in the fully down slot position. Finally, just because one person can make the target shot from center doesn't mean your coil settings are the same. There is a setting for the cannon coil power, it's possible yours might be a bit low and needs to be slightly bumped up if you don't want to fire from the cannon up position. Basically making a jump shot instead of a volley. Good luck Im sure you will get it working perfectly.

#2464 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

I play my pins always with the factory standard Settings (3 Ball).
Extra Balls are at 150.000, 400.000 and 800.000 and other Feature settings are also standard.

So in short, your game is on 6-ball

#2465 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Couple of suggestions. Sounds like your Black Pearl is moving correctly only possibly not centering for proper target. I would calibrate first as thats a simple process. Second, know that the metal linkage with 2 screws (talked about several times for early owners myself included) is a slotted bracket. Its possible yours needs to be mechanically adjusted so it makes a full travel up. Sounds like yours is in the fully down slot position. Finally, just because one person can make the target shot from center doesn't mean your coil settings are the same. There is a setting for the cannon coil power, it's possible yours might be a bit low and needs to be slightly bumped up if you don't want to fire from the cannon up position. Basically making a jump shot instead of a volley. Good luck Im sure you will get it working perfectly.

There looks to be a cannon fire and a cannon eject setting. What is the difference?

#2466 5 years ago

There looks to be a cannon fire and a cannon eject setting. What is the difference?

I would imagine cannon fire is the shot at the Dauntless. The eject dribbles the ball out after the end of the game to return to the ball trough.

LTG : )

#2467 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Did you get fixed up?

You was right. The plug had worked loose, put back in place and good to go again. Thanks for the help.

#2468 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

What size screw do you use for this fix?[quoted image]

Here is the hardware you can buy at Ace Hardware if you have a ball hung up during multiball.

You need one of the 1 inch spacers, 1 of the 1/2 inch spacers and 1 wood screw number 8 x 2inches.

You will want to remove the left support rail for easier acces.

4EC5C080-0963-4FD4-9BC6-9A55E91C9B0F (resized).jpeg4EC5C080-0963-4FD4-9BC6-9A55E91C9B0F (resized).jpeg6F622B7E-D317-4F47-9818-903231D2E82A (resized).jpeg6F622B7E-D317-4F47-9818-903231D2E82A (resized).jpeg8F5F1D0D-3E5F-4EF7-BB5E-0C7762C5EBA7 (resized).jpeg8F5F1D0D-3E5F-4EF7-BB5E-0C7762C5EBA7 (resized).jpeg534B46A8-F6E0-4EE9-9B10-3BA7FE9B8547 (resized).jpeg534B46A8-F6E0-4EE9-9B10-3BA7FE9B8547 (resized).jpegC62DC139-9B21-4802-8DC7-4C77C6B78FC2 (resized).jpegC62DC139-9B21-4802-8DC7-4C77C6B78FC2 (resized).jpeg

#2469 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Here is the hardware you can buy at Ace Hardware if you have a ball hung up during multiball.
You need one of the 1 inch spacers, 1 of the 1/2 inch spacers and 1 wood screw number 8 x 2inches.
You will want to remove the left support rail for easier acces.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you recap the fault this fixes? Is it balls stuck in the subway?

Thanks for the DIY details. We almost need a wiki to keep track of the fixes.

#2470 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can you recap the fault this fixes? Is it balls stuck in the subway?
Thanks for the DIY details. We almost need a wiki to keep track of the fixes.

If you are playing a multiball and your last ball drains and the pin goes into ball search and it shoots it out of depths.

#2471 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

If you are playing a multiball and your last ball drains and the pin goes into ball search and it shoots it out of depths.

Thanks! I’ll watch for that. Haven’t seen it yet.

#2472 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks! I’ll watch for that. Haven’t seen it yet.

It happens to me when I have at least 4 multiballs going.

#2473 5 years ago

Ok Buccaneers, how about a Friday How To tutorial on making your own Davy Jones! NOT for sale just a tutorial so please don't ask! lol Start with a not so easy to find but attainable if you keep an eye on Ebay Davy Jones Series 1 7" figure. Incredible detail and a perfect scale fit! Start with a simple nut cracker move and literally Crack him in half at the waist. While his mid section does have a plate of plastic it seemed a bit to thin for my long term liking so I added a printed solid plastic reenforcement plate and super glue. Center and match holes in removed barrel and Tom figure. Ok, this part is a bit more invasive but really Not that hard. As this figure does not have articulating elbows his arms would Not work in our spinning application with the ramps so he needed to be Persuaded to conform. Using a heat gun Slowly apply heat to his elbow. You'll know when you're there when you see a little smoke and they bend easy. To fare and you get fire. Bend both arms to 90 degrees and add rubber bands till they heat set to the correct shape. A few minutes. After mounting him its time to give that lovely cape a needed trim. I found just below the barrel top edge is perfect and still looks Flowey. (is that a word?) One detail that is IMPORTANT, after you dry fit him and make sure all spins perfect you Need to apply a small amount of super glue to All joints to lock them in place. He won't love it but he Can't move or raise his arms when spinning!! Also note how I arranged and glued his right hand tentacle to the barrel for a nice look. Spins great and other then some casual hobby time really not that hard to do. Plus on a CE this is simply Spot On! Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is anything I forgot to explain. Play on ye scurvy Pirates!!!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_1780 (resized).jpgIMG_1780 (resized).jpgIMG_1782 (resized).jpgIMG_1782 (resized).jpgIMG_1784 (resized).jpgIMG_1784 (resized).jpgIMG_1787 (resized).jpgIMG_1787 (resized).jpgIMG_1788 (resized).jpgIMG_1788 (resized).jpgIMG_1789 (resized).jpgIMG_1789 (resized).jpgIMG_1791 (resized).jpgIMG_1791 (resized).jpgIMG_1794 (resized).jpgIMG_1794 (resized).jpg
#2474 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok Buccaneers, how about a Friday How To tutorial on making your own Davy Jones! NOT for sale just a tutorial so please don't ask! lol Start with a not so easy to find but attainable if you keep an eye on Ebay Davy Jones Series 1 7" figure. Incredible detail and a perfect scale fit! Start with a simple nut cracker move and literally Crack him in half at the waist. While his mid section does have a plate of plastic it seemed a bit to thin for my long term liking so I added a printed solid plastic reenforcement plate and super glue. Center and match holes in removed barrel and Tom figure. Ok, this part is a bit more invasive but really Not that hard. As this figure does not have articulating elbows his arms would Not work in our spinning application with the ramps so he needed to be Persuaded to conform. Using a heat gun Slowly apply heat to his elbow. You'll know when you're there when you see a little smoke and they bend easy. To fare and you get fire. Bend both arms to 90 degrees and add rubber bands till they heat set to the correct shape. A few minutes. After mounting him its time to give that lovely cape a needed trim. I found just below the barrel top edge is perfect and still looks Flowey. (is that a word?) One detail that is IMPORTANT, after you dry fit him and make sure all spins perfect you Need to apply a small amount of super glue to All joints to lock them in place. He won't love it but he Can't move or raise his arms when spinning!! Also note how I arranged and glued his right hand tentacle to the barrel for a nice look. Spins great and other then some casual hobby time really not that hard to do. Plus on a CE this is simply Spot On! Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is anything I forgot to explain. Play on ye scurvy Pirates!!!!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely brilliant on the CE! Great job as always.

And thanks for Jack the monkey. He is up causing mischief on the Black Pearl and looks great!

#2475 5 years ago

Absolutely brilliant on the CE! Great job as always.
And thanks for Jack the monkey. He is up causing mischief on the Black Pearl and looks great!

Thanks VillaThrills! Just couldn't look at spinning Tom any longer. Plus for technical semantics I don't recall any pirates in a barrel or spinning but Davy Jones was actually doing both in the movie! lol

Davy Jones spinning in movie:

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#2476 5 years ago

Which mirror blades will fit this game ?

#2477 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Which mirror blades will fit this game ?

I believe Cointaker is the seller of the blades. As long as they are for a JJP game they will fit. In my opinion the Mirrored Black option would be the best for this game over the standard mirror if available.

#2478 5 years ago

Anyone in Sydney Australia have theirs yet?

#2479 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks VillaThrills! Just couldn't look at spinning Tom any longer. Plus for technical semantics I don't recall any pirates in a barrel or spinning but Davy Jones was actually doing both in the movie! lol
Davy Jones spinning in movie:
[quoted image]

Yes but technically that area is representing Tortuga trading post and bar, I'm not sure he was ever in the bar? you know who was Tina the waitress!..(you know its time..)

#2480 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I believe Cointaker is the seller of the blades. As long as they are for a JJP game they will fit. In my opinion the Mirrored Black option would be the best for this game over the standard mirror if available.

I know the other games used standard Williams blades. Is that not the case anymore ?

#2481 5 years ago

My left ship flipper does not consistently fire all the way. Sometimes full and sometimes half. The flipper switch at the button is good. I've messed with the EOS switch and that seems fine. So to questions: what could be the issue and how do I remove the ship from the playfield to fix it?

#2482 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My left ship flipper does not consistently fire all the way. Sometimes full and sometimes half. The flipper switch at the button is good. I've messed with the EOS switch and that seems fine. So to questions: what could be the issue and how do I remove the ship from the playfield to fix it?

If it’s just the upper playfield flipper won’t extend all of the way, it’s probably just a loose nut on the flipper and you don’t have to remove the ship at all.
See my post #1339 and #1360 in this thread. Post back if that helped or didn’t.

#2483 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

If it goes full and half at random times its possible it is just slightly binding. I would see how much up and down play it has like a traditional flipper and adjust accordingly. You could also just adjust the coil power up 1 bump.

#2484 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Yes but technically that area is representing Tortuga trading post and bar, I'm not sure he was ever in the bar? you know who was Tina the waitress!..(you know its time..)

Well then your in Luck!! You can buy your sexy pirate on Ebay for only $23 and attach her as I illustrated with Davy Jones! lol DO please share pics of your completed upgrade!!!

12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg
#2485 5 years ago

My wife would definitely not approve! To much showing for the kiddos! Maybe a little less would definitely be doable!

#2486 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My bullsys shot is directly in the center of the up/down travel. Sounds like mine was too high and yours is too low. What do the 2 screws look like on the motor bracket behind the playfield?
I believe topmost is no good, and bottommost is no good. I had to play with mine to find the sweet spot where the ship in “home” was level with the ramp.

Thanks for the discussion on this. I adjusted the two screws as the Pearl seemed to lean to the left too much and now it's even which makes the shot to the cannon a tad harder....perfect!

#2487 5 years ago

We need some busty waitress on the barrel, not some squid face :p

#2488 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well then your in Luck!! You can buy your sexy pirate on Ebay for only $23 and attach her as I illustrated with Davy Jones! lol DO please share pics of your completed upgrade!!!
[quoted image]

Can you send a link. I’ll buy her.

#2489 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Thanks for the discussion on this. I adjusted the two screws as the Pearl seemed to lean to the left too much and now it's even which makes the shot to the cannon a tad harder....perfect!

Sweet! Glad it helped. I’m unboxing another LE next week and calibrating the Pearl travel is on my TODO list before plunging my first ball.

#2490 5 years ago

Looks like it was a combination of EOS and coil power. An adjustment of the switch and bumping power up 2 notches did the trick.

#2491 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Can you send a link. I’ll buy her.

Here you go! Can't wait to see your custom solution! lol
ebay.com link: i

#2492 5 years ago

Ok The Mod Couple is testing some New waters with inspiration from this amazing game. We have seen/done modded playfields, cabinets, backboxes, heck we even modded the Player with our "NIB Cologne" but we wanted to take this game to a higher level of detail down to the Coin Door! We wanted to create a unique and Individual Custom piece for the owner Knowing it will truly be one of a kind like this game deserves! The Custom Coin Door Shadow Box Mod! A molded theme coin door shadow box with custom serialized number and designation. Collectors Edition AND Limited Addition designs will be available. All 3D sculpted from ship to limited edition unique badge. Ship, wood sign, and lettering all individually airbrushed to meticulous detail with multilevel blue LED internal accent lighting for a proper display glow. Simple and reversible installation with polycarbonate protective lense to keep display free from poking fingers. When ordering, we will require the user provide their serial number and model (LE or CE) We anticipate less then one week turn around for the custom mod creation. Simple and reversible installation with color instructions included. Image shows example of CE/LE gold lettering examples. Yours would match your individual game number. Available Now from our website store!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

1a (resized).jpg1a (resized).jpg2a (resized).jpg2a (resized).jpg3a (resized).jpg3a (resized).jpg4a (resized).jpg4a (resized).jpg5a (resized).jpg5a (resized).jpg
#2493 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple is testing some New waters with inspiration from this amazing game.

You have made a lot of great mods. This one might be the best to date !

Well done !

#2494 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

This would be 100% must have for me

#2495 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

Not quite what I had in mine.. I wasn't thinking striper pirate.I was thinking waitress pirate with ruffled top for the time off the shoulders maybe a tray or a beer in her hand. It is a bar ..

#2496 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Not quite what I had in mine.. I wasn't thinking striper pirate.I was thinking waitress pirate with ruffled top for the time off the shoulders maybe a tray or a beer in her hand. It is a bar ..

Gettng closer .

CD3D9011-4CF2-4507-BF75-044439725D5F (resized).jpegCD3D9011-4CF2-4507-BF75-044439725D5F (resized).jpeg
#2497 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Stripper Pirate seems like more fun though! I bet pirates weren’t looking for a fine waitress!! Lol

#2498 5 years ago

Anyone willing to help a brother out and do a nice tortuga Tom replacement?

I bought one and didn’t come out so hot, didn’t get a clean finish on the chopping in half part! Lol

#2499 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I bet pirates weren’t looking for a fine waitress!!

Dodo birds.

They found them.

#2500 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone willing to help a brother out and do a nice tortuga Tom replacement?
I bought one and didn’t come out so hot, didn’t get a clean finish on the chopping in half part! Lol

Ha . . . I just bought one too and was thinking about how I was going to screw it up trying to break it in half. Just set it aside for later.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
32,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.