(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 377.
#3951 5 years ago

Damn I'm itching to get this game

#3952 5 years ago

Thank you @procrastinator, @kingpingames, LTG and wheels !

You nailed it. Once we got the Pearl off (had to cut some zip ties to do this) the problem was indeed the green/brown wire on the gold spot target.
Once we soldered this in place everything worked great!

I feel very happy that we were able to get the game working on delivery day for my good pirate friend.

B05AE39A-90A5-462B-8FE7-FB9BF4790E7C (resized).jpegB05AE39A-90A5-462B-8FE7-FB9BF4790E7C (resized).jpeg
#3953 5 years ago

I'm no expert, but with WOZ again on the line and two new games for 2019, it might be tough to find a spot. Also, I read somewhere that they are out of certain parts. Just imagine TS and WW really selling well and another new game in 2020... I'm sure there will be another production run sooner or later though.

If the JJP team / Eric reads the pinside forum, it might be a good idea to drop some comments on the future production planes for pirates. That would elinate the speculations here.

Eric, any comments in this regard?

#3954 5 years ago

...sorry, the last Paragraph should not be in blue

#3955 5 years ago

They are on this forum and do read what we post but I don‘t think they will comment on this.

#3956 5 years ago

May be, but let us try.

#3957 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thank you procrastinator, kingpingames, ltg and wheels !
You nailed it. Once we got the Pearl off (had to cut some zip ties to do this) the problem was indeed the green/brown wire on the gold spot target.
I feel very happy that we were able to get the game working on delivery day for my good pirate friend.[quoted image]

Wonderful. I hope the customer enjoys thier game.

#3958 5 years ago

No problem with artblades at all!!! This game is the GOAT if you ask me! Every mod made for it just makes the game that much better.

#3959 5 years ago

Help with left upper black pearl flipper not working, after a couple dozen games on a NIB.
Is there a guide to remove the ship?

#3960 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Help with left upper black pearl flipper not working after a couple dozen games on a NIB.

Check it in coil test from menu.

#3961 5 years ago

I can see a wire broke off the flipper coil at the solder joint...got her off the mount. now soldering time!

Update...job is done. Re-soldered all 6 points (3 per coil) then put heat shrink tubing on all 6 joints. this was still able to happen, even after the wires came zip tied to the coils from the factory.

#3962 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Pretty impressed with watching the deadflip stream of this game. Lots of good code, lots of good shots, and lots of good new ideas. Really impressive total package here from JJP.

Game is awesome. Glad I own one,

#3963 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I would love them in clear. I always like to use plastic protectors but want clear. Any chance of that?

FYI - I spoke directly with the ULEKstore couple last week at a pinball shindig about having some clear plastic protectors made. He has a friend that has the game and was going to work on it. I encourage you to PM them to show the interest in the clear (or smoked, or both). Help us all out by showing the interest and not just wait in the background for it to happen. With some of the RGB lighting under the plastics, I think that the clear would be great and possibly the edges would change color with the RGB lighting under them. Likely a true enhancement to the lighting. Just my opinion.

#3964 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wait, you had a broken wire -inside- the zip tied bundle?
Was your behavior the same, these 3 specific switches failing?

Yes, and finally found that it was a broken wire inside the the bundle of wires. Once I cut all the zip ties i easily found it and all three of those targets started working.

#3965 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Wonderful. I hope the customer enjoys thier game.

Oh he definitely will! He bought his after spending many hours over here playing mine.

#3966 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I feel very happy that we were able to get the game working on delivery day for my good pirate friend.[quoted image]

Glad to hear!

#3967 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Oh he definitely will! He bought his after spending many hours over here playing mine.

#zaphx is almost a certified JJP service tech installer with all his installs/service. Are you trying to take LTG’s job! Lol

#3968 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

#zaphx is almost a certified JJP service tech installer with all his installs/service. Are you trying to take LTG’s job! Lol

Haha I’m just passionate about things I like. Happy to help others enjoy this amazing game.

#3969 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Haha I’m just passionate about things I like. Happy to help others enjoy this amazing game.

And I for one appreciate it! These are Amazing games but very complicated. To some "just adjust the switch/wire" is an overwhelming task and not as obvious as someone that has been in the hobby for years. Individuals like yourself, OEMs, and independent rock stars like Lloyd help make this experience less daunting and rewarding. I can fix most things and try to help where I can but having a Community of support is priceless. Thanks.

#3970 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Figures that I don't check the site for a day and an issue pops up that I might have been able to help with. Glad you got it resolved though. Any advice on a solder iron to get and what type/size solder to use? I would imagine I need one with a long cord too? I have the same issue where my green-brown wire is broken and those same three switches are out. I haven't soldered before and don't have the tools (let alone experience) for the job so I need to get some and give it a try.

#3971 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Figures that I don't check the site for a day and an issue pops up that I might have been able to help with. Glad you got it resolved though. Any advice on a solder iron to get and what type/size solder to use? I would imagine I need one with a long cord too? I have the same issue where my green-brown wire is broken and those same three switches are out. I haven't soldered before and don't have the tools (let alone experience) for the job so I need to get some and give it a try.

I just used a cheap medium duty iron from Fry’s. I stripped the end of the broken wire, tinned it with a bit of solder, and then held it down with the iron over the previous solder blob until it melted.

I have a lot of experience soldering from my previous hobby restoring and fixing arcade games. If you have never soldered before I strongly advise finding a junk board and practicing a lot before you attempt to do it on your game. Put down a cloth so solder “drips” will not ruin your artwork.

As for the cord, I generally like cordless irons but this one was corded. We plugged it into the service outlet inside the game cabinet so the length of the cord was not much of an issue.

#3972 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I just used a cheap medium duty iron from Fry’s. I stripped the end of the broken wire, tinned it with a bit of solder, and then held it down with the iron over the previous solder blob until it melted.
I have a lot of experience soldering from my previous hobby restoring and fixing arcade games. If you have never soldered before I strongly advise finding a junk board and practicing a lot before you attempt to do it on your game. Put down a cloth so solder “drips” will not ruin your artwork.
As for the cord, I generally like cordless irons but this one was corded. We plugged it into the service outlet inside the game cabinet so the length of the cord was not much of an issue.

There's an outlet inside the game itself???

#3973 5 years ago

Could someone post a link to the last stream. ? Thanks

#3974 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Could someone post a link to the last stream. ? Thanks

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

or YouTube:

#3975 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks!!!!!

#3976 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Go to the Fry's in your neighborhood and most any Weller iron will be good. They also have all the solder you will need. I'm personally partial to the Weller WS51 station and have 2. Never let me down.

#3977 5 years ago

Can, someone post a pic of their "spot character" target on the middle left Outlane?

That lane drains 95% of the time, can almost never nudge it over. My spot character target is bent pretty far out and I'm wondering if that's the cause.

#3978 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Twitch.tv/deadflip
or YouTube:

Marked it as a key post. Anyone on the fence about potentially adding this title to their collection should watch that video.

#3979 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone have box measurements on this? Trying to decide which vehicle to take to pick it up.

31x31x61 standard

#3980 5 years ago

And a little pitch with No agenda but anyone considering the last POTC LE's run talking to Zach at Flip N Out Pinball he still has (2) beautiful LE's in stock to sail to a lucky owner! Frick we love this game. First game honestly in a long time I actually strongly recommend to people as it is so darn complete.

#3981 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Frick we love this game. First game honestly in a long time I actually strongly recommend to people as it is so darn complete.

That says a lot given the games you own and have owned.

#3982 5 years ago

We love monkeys but it wouldn't be Pirates without the famous "Jailhouse Dog". This mod is a highly detailed add on to add the Jailhouse dog complete with shiny jail keys and XXX gun powder keg. Fine detail and airbrushed down to his mischievous eyes. Perfect theme fit without loosing much of the game flasher effect. Illumination carries to underside of keys for a nice silhouette of a cutie little pooch. Free a pirate, get that dog! Available Now from our website store!!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#3983 5 years ago

Complete the look of Tortuga with the EITC custom Powder Keg flasher mod. Completes the flasher theme along with our "Jailhouse Dog" flasher. Airbrushed authentic look while allowing plenty of flasher light game play. Simple keyed alignment installation. Grab the gold before the barrel goes off!! Available Now from our Website store!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#3984 5 years ago

Yelobird - can you sell the spinning barrel with the action figure on it? I know it can be done by myself but no time and skill level would only make it slower

#3985 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yelobird - can you sell the spinning barrel with the action figure on it? I know it can be done by myself but no time and skill level would only make it slower

I assure you I Would do it and Many have asked. We love to supply what people ask for but in this case that figure is sadly all but unattainable unless you want to pay Crazy markup off Ebay. Both the Jack and Squid face characters have long been out of production so they are hard to find. IF you find one it really isn't hard to do but scary should you mess it up. lol Wish I could accommodate this request. sorry

#3986 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I know it’s pinball but I certainly wouldn’t expect this from a brand spanking new game right out of the box. I understand the very same thing happened to other owners. Glad you were able to fix the issue but not cool you had to do all that work right out of the box.

#3987 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I know it’s pinball but I certainly wouldn’t expect this from a brand spanking new game right out of the box. I understand the very same thing happened to other owners. Glad you were able to fix the issue but not cool you had to do all that work right out of the box.

I am just glad I was able to fix it for him. We were resigned to having JJP send a tech out, which would have meant days/weeks before he could play.

Instead he’s sending me score screenshots

#3988 5 years ago

Wife’s gonna love that dog!
Another great one @yelobird
I agree with zaphX a decent cheap one is good. Make sure it has a stand.
I also suggest you get a couple cheap soldering kits off amazon. Some cool little things that I gave to my son.
I did the radio the wife got me and it was pretty cool for learning.

#3989 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Free a pirate, get that dog! Available Now from our website store!!

This is getting ridiculous! How many more of these mods are you going to convince me to buy for this machine. I don't think I have had the monkey and the kraken on for a week. You guys are killing it!

(And yes, my order is in.)

#3990 5 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

This is getting ridiculous! How many more of these mods are you going to convince me to buy for this machine. I don't think I have had the monkey and the kraken on for a week. You guys are killing it!
(And yes, my order is in.)

Thanks. Just don't feed the Kraken after midnight and know that the dog and monkey don't get along well so keep an eye on them! We appreciate you.

#3991 5 years ago

Hey Dave. This like water torture. Every week something new and great becomes available from you. Have you thought of setting up some kind of subscription service that just automatically orders and sends out your latest...just kidding but it might be easier. And yes, I just ordered 4 more of your 'goodies' for my POTC. I am going to rename my game "Pirates of the Mod Couple".

#3992 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I agree..alot of issues with the ships wires. Is it caused b/c JJP employees temp workers on the line and they are not properly trained ?...i am buying le nexr week...hope not to have to remove the ship on a brand new game

#3993 5 years ago

@yelobird,
Agreed, you are killing it with these mods! I’m still waiting for the kraken and now just ordered the barrels. Man I hope I get home before my wife sees them! I was wondering, do you think a figurehead would fit on the bow of the dauntless?

#3994 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

hope not to have to remove the ship on a brand new game

Odds are you won't. It is easy to remove. Unplug a few connectors and a few opto connectors below the playfield. ( you can skip this step if you want to set the ship on the side and fix a wire ) Remove the big clip holding the arm from the motor to the ship, and the big white nylon spacer, and the outside of the back wall of the playfield. Then between the ship and inside back wall of the playfield remove the hex head screw ( 1/8th inch ) sticking up. Grab the ship and slide towards rear of the game to release it from it's two pivot points. Done, it's loose.

If you aren't doing the connectors, it's a few minute job.

To reinstall. Hold the ship towards the back wall and when even with the pivot points slide towards the front of the game. Put screw back. Put nylon spacer back and then the arm then the clip.

Done.

LTG : )

#3995 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Agreed, you are killing it with these mods!

Still waiting on the undead monkey.

#3996 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I agree..alot of issues with the ships wires. Is it caused b/c JJP employees temp workers on the line and they are not properly trained ?...i am buying le nexr week...hope not to have to remove the ship on a brand new game

Before we say “lots of issues” we should probably realize that it’s a very small percentage. Many of us had no wire issues I’m guessing.

#3997 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Odds are you won't. It is easy to remove. Unplug a few connectors and a few opto connectors below the playfield. ( you can skip this step if you want to set the ship on the side and fix a wire ) Remove the big clip holding the arm from the motor to the ship, and the big white nylon spacer, and the outside of the back wall of the playfield. Then between the ship and inside back wall of the playfield remove the hex head screw ( 1/8th inch ) sticking up. Grab the ship and slide towards rear of the game to release it from it's two pivot points. Done, it's loose.
If you aren't doing the connectors, it's a few minute job.
To reinstall. Hold the ship towards the back wall and when even with the pivot points slide towards the front of the game. Put screw back. Put nylon spacer back and then the arm then the clip.
Done.

I wasn't able to successfully lay it on its side. Seemed like there wasn't enough slack from below. Could be helpful if someone were to show in detailed photos which wires to disconnect down below. With that said, you probably won't have to fiddle with the ship new out of the box.

On another note, the game gets better and better the more you learn the rules! I'm having a great time with it. Just need to get better with all of the many shots you need to hit.

#3998 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I wasn't able to successfully lay it on its side. Seemed like there wasn't enough slack from below. Could be helpful if someone were to show in detailed photos which wires to disconnect down below. With that said, you probably won't have to fiddle with the ship new out of the box.
On another note, the game gets better and better the more you learn the rules! I'm having a great time with it. Just need to get better with all of the many shots you need to hit.

I had to snip a couple of the zip ties under the playfield to give it enough slack. We also marked and unplugged two harnesses, but I don’t think that was necessary.

Follow the thick bundle in the hole under the Pearl, and you’ll see how the harness is kind of gathered together and zip tied.

#3999 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/65#post-4814032

#4000 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I reviewed my pics from 3 machines. All are loomed differently so you’ll have to evaluate this based on your own setup, but this is the one we did last night.

The red arrow is the zip tie we snipped, which frankly was enough to give us the slack we needed. We did mark and unplug the two harnesses marked in yellow also.

Hope this helps.

592E4CC4-33C9-45C1-B985-0870ED564186 (resized).jpeg592E4CC4-33C9-45C1-B985-0870ED564186 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
Plastics
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.