(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 377.
#4001 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I reviewed my pics from 3 machines. All are loomed differently so you’ll have to evaluate this based on your own setup, but this is the one we did last night.
The red arrow is the zip tie we snipped, which frankly was enough to give us the slack we needed. We did mark and unplug the two harnesses marked in yellow also.
Hope this helps.[quoted image]

Thank you, both!

#4002 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Hey Dave. This like water torture. Every week something new and great becomes available from you. Have you thought of setting up some kind of subscription service that just automatically orders and sends out your latest...just kidding but it might be easier. And yes, I just ordered 4 more of your 'goodies' for my POTC. I am going to rename my game "Pirates of the Mod Couple".

Quoted from Heater:

yelobird,
Agreed, you are killing it with these mods! I’m still waiting for the kraken and now just ordered the barrels. Man I hope I get home before my wife sees them! I was wondering, do you think a figurehead would fit on the bow of the dauntless?

Thank you Sincerely for the kind feedback you Really have no idea how much it means to us especially my wife. I dream up ideas sometimes crazy ones and she just goes with it but as an artist she is always concerned she will let someone down or not see my/your vision in the final product. I love sharing feedback good and bad with her as our Sincere goal is to contribute to these amazing machines and make each one personal and unique. Thanks and sorry sometimes our visions and releases are a bit spread out. We try to present what is Available rather than tease you with what may or may not happen in the future. Works for us. This game is Easy as we have a true love for it.

#4003 5 years ago

Seriously, i have been holding off on any more mods from TMC, but now....the cute dog? That is just a cheap shot. Ugg gonna need to place yet another order now. Lol

#4004 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

... and also purchased exact Gigabyte Motherboard to keep it up and running for years to come as I plan to never sell this game..

Got a link to this MB, perhaps on AMZN or Newegg?

#4005 5 years ago

Every now and then balls get stuck in the chest. It has trouble releasing them. It seems to only happen when I get a number of multiballs going at the same time. I'm sure it has to do with the timing of the release mechanism. What are your settings in this regard?

#4006 5 years ago

It would be great if someone could post a video of removing and re-installing the ship .
It was said that someone from jjp was going to do it but they must be to busy .

#4007 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It would be great if someone could post a video of removing and re-installing the ship .
It was said that someone from jjp was going to do it but they must be to busy .

I believe that it was mentioned here that that Butch might do it but I do know that he has been helping with Tech support. He has great videos and this would be a welcomed one it seems.

With mine NIB, I did not remove the Pearl but I tilted it up in setup and went under, from an angle and snipped a few zip ties and gave some slack to the switches. I also used a braided wiring loom and fed it through the harness hole in the plastic and main playfield (around the whole Pearl wiring harness) to provide some extra protection for the wires that would rub against the hole in the plastic above the MAP area (directly under the Pearl). I can share a picture if that is hard to visualize.

#4008 5 years ago

@Zora, you can always edit your post to adjust these things. In this case just move the last html tag called blockquote, along with the leading less than, slash and trailing greater than sign to just before your comment(s).

This is the: < / blockquote >
Without the spaces that I've provided.

Of course you may already know this and just decided to add a second post, if so... ignore this one

#4009 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Zora, you can always edit your post to adjust these things. In this case just move the last html tag called blockquote, along with the leading less than, slash and trailing greater than sign to just before your comment(s).
This is the: &lt; / blockquote &gt;
Without the spaces that I've provided.
Of course you may already know this and just decided to add a second post, if so... ignore this one

While on technical posting tips do you know how to post a link from a YouTube video to here using your phone .

#4010 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

.the cute dog? That is just a cheap shot.

Right! I showed it to my wife and she asked why I had not ordered it yet?
So I am in on that one two! And yes Yelobird ya'll make great mods!

#4011 5 years ago

I don’t even have my game and already order a bunch of stuff from them. I am beginning to feel like I should stop looking at this thread entirely

#4012 5 years ago

This is a great video that shows off the rules and what the game has to offer. I won’t lie playing it a few times at first I was confused but once it starts to click you see it’s not that complicated and it all makes sense. So many good shots. Really makes me want to find a LE, I’ve only played the standard on location. Going back to play tomorrow.

#4013 5 years ago

#4014 5 years ago

I have given up on Pinwiki ever giving me an account, so I have consolidated my POTC troubleshooting guide here:

http://tinyurl.com/potcfixes

If you have suggestions and additional content to add let me know. I will try and update this with pictures also.

#4015 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Got a link to this MB, perhaps on AMZN or Newegg?

Here is the link to newegg...https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128930

I originally bought from Amazon...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019M0FBZW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07__o00_s00

#4016 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have given up on Pinwiki ever giving me an account, so I have consolidated my POTC troubleshooting guide here:
If you have suggestions and additional content to add let me know. I will try and update this with pictures also.

Looks great. Do you mind if I reference this for some customers?

I would also like add that owners should reach out to thier distributors before directly to jjp support. The distributors are there to help thier customers. Some of the times it will actually be faster to get in touch with your distributor than jjp tech support.

#4017 5 years ago

Here are a few pics of Cliffy's and a missing Allen bolt I original found in the bottom of the pin back in November...So one bolt holding the upper play field flipper coil for almost 2k games, also re-soldered some wires and re-routed and zip tied so there is no movement at all. Easy to disconnect 6 connections cut a couple zip ties and pearl was off. This is my first pin so I'm new to this and can say it was really much easier than I thought. The Cliffy's are a must, the map hole mylar was not installed properly and allowed a large chip which can see in the pic as it goes past the Cliffy. Wish I had the Cliffy's from day one....

20190217_081505 (resized).jpg20190217_081505 (resized).jpg20190217_081546 (resized).jpg20190217_081546 (resized).jpg20190217_081559 (resized).jpg20190217_081559 (resized).jpg20190217_113246 (resized).jpg20190217_113246 (resized).jpg20190217_113259 (resized).jpg20190217_113259 (resized).jpg
#4018 5 years ago

Do you have to remove ship to install map cliffy?

#4019 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Do you have to remove ship to install map cliffy?

It will make it easier. The ship is relatively easy to remove.

#4020 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Looks great. Do you mind if I reference this for some customers?
I would also like add that owners should reach out to thier distributors before directly to jjp support. The distributors are there to help thier customers. Some of the times it will actually be faster to get in touch with your distributor than jjp tech support.

Of course! It’s to help everyone get to pirating.

I will add the distributor note, good suggestion.

#4021 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Here are a few pics of Cliffy's

Is the map hole shot affected any by the Cliffy's? (harder to make)

#4022 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thats a awesome guide...you would hope by now JJP reconized and addressed some of this issues on the line as time has passed...

#4023 5 years ago

I’ve never watched a single movie from POTC. Will I still enjoy this pin? Undecided between POTC or MBr

#4024 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

It will make it easier. The ship is relatively easy to remove.

Ok thanks

#4025 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I’ve never watched a single movie from POTC. Will I still enjoy this pin? Undecided between POTC or MBr

They've used elements from the movies but it's not like you're playing a story , so I don't think it would make any difference

#4026 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I saw the first one when it came out and mostly hated it. Never saw another one, no interest for me. Went to the arcade twice last week to play this game and want to go tomorrow or Tuesday again, can’t get enough of this game. I’m actually in the same spot as you, this or the MBr. Wish I could afford both! Perfect combo I think.

#4027 5 years ago

Thank you both. To me, it seems that POTC is a much deeper game than MBr

#4028 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I've also never seen any of them, but I'm really into it!

#4029 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

The movies suck, the last 4 anyhow. MBr is what it is. And its freaking gorgeous one of the best of all time pins.

If you want deep, go with POTC. Fun? I don't know, MBr is awesome.

#4030 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The movies suck, the last 4 anyhow. MBr is what it is. And its freaking gorgeous one of the best of all time pins.
If you want deep, go with POTC. Fun? I don't know, MBr is awesome.

Difficult decision for sure!

#4031 5 years ago

I would do POTC (I did and should have it in a week or so) but I have been an MB owner for 14 years.

#4032 5 years ago

I enjoyed the movies but am more of a fan of the ride. Been annual pass holder for 20 years and my wife and I have had countless conversations in our customary seat in the back of the boat chatting about life and enjoying the scenery. And surprisingly the one in Paris is even better than the ones in the states. Bigger, longer and with more cool scenes.

This game has exceeded all my expectations. My first JJP....not because I haven’t enjoyed playing their previous offerings but none of the themes spoke to me. This one does. Immensely fun and while tied to the movies feels more like pirate theme pin than a movie pin. I have 2 permanent games of the 6 I keep in my house at any one time. This and Williams Indy are keepers. And the community is so passionate and helpful with this game. Fortunately my game has only needed a couple easy tweaks as my fix it skills are limited. But I will say that after stern Star Wars I swore off NIB before playing the game. I could not get a chance to play this but I took the plunge. JJP makes a better product period. There is no contest. Content and playfield are simply phenomenal. That is not to bash stern just an observation of someone who bought a half a dozen new stern before this JJP purchase. There is room for both manufacturers but I agree with some of the comments I have seen before in this thread. JJP goes all in and it shows.

#4033 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Understatement of the year lol.... potc is a excellent pin and offers so much more . Mb is a fun pin and all time classic with great theme, but there's really no comparison imo.

#4034 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks for this. I have appreciated your help in answering questions and definitely appreciate your passion and support of your fellow owners. LTG is a great resource as well. I owe him some thanks as well for offering solutions. The game is incredible but the owners coming together in this thread has been so impressive.

And my distributor was great help with my small problems. JJP support was fantastic and got me a replacement part immediately for a bad action button. Everything about this experience from buying to support has been an absolute pleasure. Can’t wait to press the start button for the next game.

#4035 5 years ago

Just had my best game yet! It included playing Kraken?, the wizard mode that starts up the Maelstrom (sp?) ramp. I know I hit a ton of shots, right, then, left, and so forth. Don't know if I beat it, though, as it may have timed out. Couldn't look at the monitor. Does it time out? The music was intense! Finally starting to consistently hit all the shots when I want. This includes the extra ball shot, but I can still be more consistent there.

This is my first JJP. Feel free to call me a JJP fan boy! Didn't get into the prior 3 JJP releases, but I hope their future ones are on this level.

#4036 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

I enjoyed the movies but am more of a fan of the ride. Been annual pass holder for 20 years and my wife and I have had countless conversations in our customary seat in the back of the boat chatting about life and enjoying the scenery. And surprisingly the one in Paris is even better than the ones in the states. Bigger, longer and with more cool scenes.
This game has exceeded all my expectations. My first JJP....not because I haven’t enjoyed playing their previous offerings but none of the themes spoke to me. This one does. Immensely fun and while tied to the movies feels more like pirate theme pin than a movie pin. I have 2 permanent games of the 6 I keep in my house at any one time. This and Williams Indy are keepers. And the community is so passionate and helpful with this game. Fortunately my game has only needed a couple easy tweaks as my fix it skills are limited. But I will say that after stern Star Wars I swore off NIB before playing the game. I could not get a chance to play this but I took the plunge. JJP makes a better product period. There is no contest. Content and playfield are simply phenomenal. That is not to bash stern just an observation of someone who bought a half a dozen new stern before this JJP purchase. There is room for both manufacturers but I agree with some of the comments I have seen before in this thread. JJP goes all in and it shows.

I agree with you. JJP makes a better product than Stern period. I may soon be on the same boat as you as IJ is my only keeper so far! Love the whole pirate and map theme! I LOVE maps!
1CB113DE-DAF0-477D-93A2-053C270DDCC8 (resized).jpeg1CB113DE-DAF0-477D-93A2-053C270DDCC8 (resized).jpeg

#4037 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Understatement of the year lol.... potc is a excellent pin and offers so much more . Mb is a fun pin and all time classic with great theme, but there's really no comparison imo.

Isn’t it? Lol

#4038 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I agree with you. JJP makes a better product than Stern period. I may soon be on the same boat as you as IJ is my only keeper so far! Love the whole pirate and map theme! I LOVE maps!
[quoted image]

Haha we love maps too!!

Also off topic but looking forward to my IJ planes. You do great work too!!

8D57462D-6B13-4158-A272-116521CAB99A (resized).jpeg8D57462D-6B13-4158-A272-116521CAB99A (resized).jpeg7AE3AF58-3E56-48B0-B4B4-7FEF77AC681C (resized).jpeg7AE3AF58-3E56-48B0-B4B4-7FEF77AC681C (resized).jpegA2FA1625-4B4C-49AB-8981-4BD8251F8F2A (resized).jpegA2FA1625-4B4C-49AB-8981-4BD8251F8F2A (resized).jpeg
#4039 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Haha we love maps too!!
Also off topic but looking forward to my IJ planes. You do great work too!! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!!!!! Coool!!! Yes, your planes are next in line. I just started working on the Tiger moths. All of batch 2 is ready pending a few minor details. I’ll contact you via PM soon so you can tell me what you want done to them.

Sorry for getting a bit off topic!

#4040 5 years ago

As I wait to pick up my JJPOTC from Zach in Louisville next week, couple of quick questions for the collective:

1) What color flipper bats are they shipping with?

2) Saw in the manual that some of the rings, especially posts and Black Pearl, are made of rubber and not silicone....is that correct?

3) Trying to decide on art blades versus mirror blades. Are JJP cabinets/playfields too tight to fit mirror blades??

4) Can't believe no one is making plastic protectors in clear, only found colored plastics so far....anyone had any luck finding clear ones??

TIA!!!!

#4041 5 years ago

1:black
2:yes
3:yes
4:no

#4042 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

As I wait to pick up my JJPOTC from Zach in Louisville next week, couple of quick questions for the collective:
1) What color flipper bats are they shipping with?
2) Saw in the manual that some of the rings, especially posts and Black Pearl, are made of rubber and not silicone....is that correct?
3) Trying to decide on art blades versus mirror blades. Are JJP cabinets/playfields too tight to fit mirror blades??
4) Can't believe no one is making plastic protectors in clear, only found colored plastics so far....anyone had any luck finding clear ones??
TIA!!!!

First off Congrats on a great purchase from a Great Guy!! 1. Flippers on the entire machine are black. Look fitting granted a bit dark at the bottom. 2 Correct on the rings but as the Black pearl is a light duty play area it works great. 3 I personally would Hold Off on buying Any blades to see how tight your game is! Many have bought and ruined them as the JJP cabinets are Really tight. 4 Agreed. Sorry florescent is Not a pirate look. There have been claims some are making these in clear or smoke. Honestly not a Must have for this game but I do like add on's....lol.

#4043 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Quoted from Yelobird:

First off Congrats on a great purchase from a Great Guy!! 1. Flippers on the entire machine are black. Look fitting granted a bit dark at the bottom. 2 Correct on the rings but as the Black pearl is a light duty play area it works great. 3 I personally would Hold Off on buying Any blades to see how tight your game is! Many have bought and ruined them as the JJP cabinets are Really tight. 4 Agreed. Sorry florescent is Not a pirate look. There have been claims some are making these in clear or smoke. Honestly not a Must have for this game but I do like add on's....lol.

Thanks guys, appreciate the quick responses. Just placed a Titan order to replace the rubber rings, don't like them in the machine for dirt/balltrail reasons alone, pin stays cleaner longer with silicone. I'll wait on the blades, leaning art on this one anyway......

Now I need to start saving my pennies for all of Yelobird Mod Couple mods out there. I thought you went crazy on BM66, but you've gone hogwild on JJPOTC!!!

#4044 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Thanks guys, appreciate the quick responses. Just placed a Titan order to replace the rubber rings, don't like them in the machine for dirt/balltrail reasons alone, pin stays cleaner longer with silicone. I'll wait on the blades, leaning art on this one anyway......
Now I need to start saving my pennies for all of yelobird Mod Couple mods out there. I thought you went crazy on BM66, but you've gone hogwild on JJPOTC!!!

Lol like what you did there "hogwild"! lol To brighten up the lower area I ended up going with clear though everyone has a personal taste. I also previously in this thread added a 12v light strip under the playfield apron to light up the flipper area. Really brightens things up granted this game would look great with tennis rackets for flippers. Love this game can't get enough.

IMG_1852 (resized).jpgIMG_1852 (resized).jpg
#4045 5 years ago

Just curious what color flipper rubber is everyone going with on this game? Obviously clear titan silicon everywhere else.

#4046 5 years ago

I went with red titans on lower and black for upper. Have not changed the upper yet as like @yelobird
said, it sees a lot less action.

#4047 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I saw the first one when it came out and mostly hated it. Never saw another one, no interest for me. Went to the arcade twice last week to play this game and want to go tomorrow or Tuesday again, can’t get enough of this game. I’m actually in the same spot as you, this or the MBr. Wish I could afford both! Perfect combo I think.

I've only seen 1 movie. Don't care for any of them. Love the game.

I'm getting mbr later this month. Agreed perfect combo

#4048 5 years ago

Another quick question: does anyone make lollipop side rails for JJPOTC??

#4049 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

PM ULEKstore to be on the wait list for clear. He told me that he was working on them.

#4050 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

one worded answers: Norwegian confirmed

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.