(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 377.
#601 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

The 2x post is up against the metal behind it. Is that normal?

Yes.

LTG : )

#602 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is there a guide published that explains the logic of mulitiball qualifying, completing and also the differentiation of flashing multiball lights vs solid etc?
I had 4 flashing at me and when I was done I think I had 3 lit solid on a 400k+ game.
I know there are 20+ videos but I thought somebody wrote this up a while back.

Flashing mb insert means it's ready to start on the respective movie's shot. Slow pulsing mb insert means you're actively playing it. Solid mb insert means you've played it. You can't "complete" movie mbs, but you can keep playing and earning super jackpots while it's running. We published a flowchart a while back, and someone started a very detailed thread on how to play too. Plus, my ugly mug is on those 20+ videos explaining the game at the start off each one. Guess you just need to invite me over for beers and dollar games and I'll walk you through it

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Flashing mb insert means it's ready to start on the respective movie's shot. Slow pulsing mb insert means you're actively playing it. Solid mb insert means you've played it. You can't "complete" movie mbs, but you can keep playing and earning super jackpots while it's running. We published a flowchart a while back, and someone started a very detailed thread on how to play too. Plus, my ugly mug is on those 20+ videos explaining the game at the start off each one. Guess you just need to invite me over for beers and dollar games and I'll walk you through it

Any time your in Se PA stop on by for some beers, be glad to host you!

That was the general gist of how I understood it, just seemed like I got them all lit pretty quickly in one game and kind of surprised me.

I need to print the flow chart!

#604 5 years ago

Where should the at rest position of the Black Pearl be? Mine leans to the left and, while it rocks back and forth plenty, it doesn't rock very far to the right. I can trap a ball on the left and there's no danger of it rolling off during the rocking motion, unlike the one I've played on location. Is there a simple adjustment for this? Haven't dug into it yet myself to see if I can figure it out.

#605 5 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Haven't dug into it yet myself to see if I can figure it out.

Still got the styrofoam shipping block back there ? Loosen the two screws on the arm that rocks it and try adjusting it, maybe it's to tight in one direction ?

#606 5 years ago

Hello! My name is John, I'm new here, and I just got my JJP POTC SE few days ago. My local pinball guy set everything up for me, and it was working great. I'm having problems with 2 things that I hope this forum can help with.

1. I have a test report is showing this message: "Check matrixed switch #48, Target Ship Hit (stuck closed)" I have no idea how to fix this.

2. I don't have any sound or music in attract mode. I checked the settings and they're both turned on. We may have turned them off when we set it up, but now I never seem to get any sound except during game play.

Thanks in advance for the help, and for any advice that anyone is willing to provide. Like I said, I'm new with this machine, and still learning it.

#607 5 years ago
Quoted from JohnA:

1. I have a test report is showing this message: "Check matrixed switch #48, Target Ship Hit (stuck closed)" I have no idea how to fix this.

Ignore it. You'll get random errors. Play a lot of great games and they'll go away.

#608 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

4 out of 8 bolts won’t go in. All the back leg bolts won’t even start to thread. Seriously JJP?
So..... I’m now the owner of a tap and die set. $40 later.
THANK YOU ALL for the heads up to try to thread them first!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Is it a threading problem, or a braid blocking problem?

#609 5 years ago
Quoted from JohnA:

Hello! My name is John, I'm new here, and I just got my JJP POTC SE few days ago. My local pinball guy set everything up for me, and it was working great. I'm having problems with 2 things that I hope this forum can help with.
2. I don't have any sound or music in attract mode. I checked the settings and they're both turned on. We may have turned them off when we set it up, but now I never seem to get any sound except during game play.
Thanks in advance for the help, and for any advice that anyone is willing to provide. Like I said, I'm new with this machine, and still learning it.

Hey John,

If you go into Switch Test it will show the switch as red, meaning the game hasn't seen that switch hit in a while. If you don't know where that switch is, you can hit the start button and the playfield will pop on screen and show where all the switches are. The one you're looking for is in the Dauntless. I'm not sure we even have attract mode music in POTC, come to think of it....I'll check tomorrow.

#610 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Hey John,
If you go into Switch Test it will show the switch as red, meaning the game hasn't seen that switch hit in a while. If you don't know where that switch is, you can hit the start button and the playfield will pop on screen and show where all the switches are. The one you're looking for is in the Dauntless. I'm not sure we even have attract mode music in POTC, come to think of it....I'll check tomorrow.

I think you're also missing a coin up sound.

#611 5 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Is it a threading problem, or a braid blocking problem?

I looked inside with a light and nothing was obstructing. I had to re-tap 3 of the holes so that the bolts would go in. I originally couldn't get in 4 bolts, however, the 4th one I was finally able to get in after I removed the protective metal plate on the corner. The correct angle for the threading was off and removing the plate allowed just enough to get the bolt to thread. Hogbog I'd suggest that manufacturing attempt to run the bolts in on ALL units before they are boxed (with the protective plate on).

It was a bit frustrating to have to deal with something so simple.

I do have to say this to JJP... This is an absolutely amazing and beautiful machine!! If I had the money, I would buy a WOZ and DI I'm saving my money for the next JJP release.

#612 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

I'd suggest that manufacturing attempt to run the bolts in on ALL units before they are boxed (with the protective plate on).

Heading to NJ this week. It is on my list.

#613 5 years ago

LTG Sorry I don't remember, but I believe there was a discussion about something causing the score to increment 30 points when the flippers flip. I have that issue. Just flipping before the ball is launched gains 30 points. I'm assuming that is the case while playing as well. How is that fixed?

#614 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

How is that fixed?

Please go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed, bang on playfield. Adjust any switch reporting on the screen that vibration triggers.

#615 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Still got the styrofoam shipping block back there ? Loosen the two screws on the arm that rocks it and try adjusting it, maybe it's to tight in one direction ?

Styrofoam block was removed during setup. Found the two screws and adjusted them, thanks, that did the trick. Lots of play in there for adjustment.

For anyone else, these are the two screws located on the arm behind the backboard:adjustment-screws (resized).pngadjustment-screws (resized).png

I noticed the motor test stops at different home positions so it's not an exact science for setting the correct level. Much better now though as it rocks as much to the right as it does to the left.

#616 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed, bang on playfield. Adjust any switch reporting on the screen that vibration triggers.

Well then there's that. LOL. Sometimes the simplest approach is all you need. I'll advise once I get that done. Thanks!

#617 5 years ago

Wow, there seems to be a lot of problems right out of the box. I had my check ready to mail out to my distributor yesterday but I didn't. Unfortunately I'm going to wait until they get a handle on all these issues on the assembly line.

#618 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Wow, there seems to be a lot of problems right out of the box. I had my check ready to mail out to my distributor yesterday but I didn't. Unfortunately I'm going to wait until they get a handle on all these issues on the assembly line.

I've had a couple issues, including the leg bolts which were admittedly a bit frustrating, HOWEVER, I would do it all again! You will not regret having this great machine. Please see the Top 100. I just checked, JJPOTC is now #2 of all time! (only down by .001). I predict it will be #1 soon. As I stated in a previous post, I can't wait for the next JJP release. That's my 2 cents, but obviously it's your money.

#619 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

I've had a couple issues, including the leg bolts which were admittedly a bit frustrating, HOWEVER, I would do it all again! You will not regret having this great machine. Please see the Top 100. I just checked, JJPOTC is now #2 of all time! (only down by .001). I predict it will be #1 soon. As I stated in a previous post, I can't wait for the next JJP release. That's my 2 cents, but obviously it's your money.

Lol... dont worry im sure potc will move down considerably tomorrow.... all new games start number 1 or 2.... deadpool was number 1 for a week lol.
Dont look into the ratings to much

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

All pins need tweaking out of the box from my experience..... especially pins with so much on the playfield like jjp makes.

#621 5 years ago

should be getting my game in a few weeks. what are the majority of you doing for the leg bolts, rethreading them or getting new brackets from jjp?

#622 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

should be getting my game in a few weeks. what are the majority of you doing for the leg bolts, rethreading them or getting new brackets from jjp?

Check if the grounding braid is in there before you run the bolts in.Your game will likely be fine.

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Mine had burs in the thread of bracket and literally chewed the first couple rows of threading off bolt.
JJP when I spoke with them said this is a know issue they are trying to correct.

Call them and they will overnight parts to you. They were very good about it.

#624 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check if the grounding braid is in there before you run the bolts in.Your game will likely be fine.

Not all issue are due to grounding braid obstructing the hole

#625 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I think that's a good idea. I've now decided to wait at least 6 months from initial production before ordering any new pin regardless of manufacturer. There's so much on JJP playfields, and under, that there's always some minor hardware tweaks that are found in the first few batches of games. I waited a while to buy a new Dialed In and glad I did as by the time I did get the game it had all of the latest hardware fixes. I'll be doing the same with POTC if I end up getting one.

#626 5 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I noticed the motor test stops at different home positions so it's not an exact science for setting the correct level.

Yeah it's pretty rare the game just keeps the playfield still, so it's not a huge issue. The main reason it differs is because home is defined as the transition from one side to the other, so coast is a factor (and probably more coast moving left side down).

#627 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Your only ramming yourself ramjet, took a couple days but my game is 100% now, its a blast!!

#628 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It was the Chapter Select Right Rubber #57 switch. I made an adjustment to that. All good now.

I also had to trim the top off of the Upper Slingshot Low switch. It was stuck under the plastic ramp. See attached before and after trimming pictures. The metal was at an angle. If it was flipped it would have matched the ramp angle. @LTG I don’t know if the angle is intended or not. If it is. Then it is backwards.

26A551C4-B011-4774-A5EE-EB55172B967F (resized).jpeg26A551C4-B011-4774-A5EE-EB55172B967F (resized).jpegC4FA7C1F-B27C-4755-B99B-BDBFE59FCD38 (resized).jpegC4FA7C1F-B27C-4755-B99B-BDBFE59FCD38 (resized).jpeg
#629 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What do you do if the grounding braid is in there? Take the bracket off and try to reroute part of the braid?

#630 5 years ago

I took a #1 philips head screwdriver and moved it out of the way.
You can take the bracket off and move braid that would work too. Not too hard either.

#631 5 years ago

LTG one more question... is it normal for the #70 opto to always be active?

551050B9-DFAF-4AA6-85B7-51AF4675C60D (resized).jpeg551050B9-DFAF-4AA6-85B7-51AF4675C60D (resized).jpeg
#632 5 years ago

Hi everyone. I have got my Pirates of Caribbean LE six days ago. And we have put it in our Cinema/ Game room.
I love every pinball game that has been made by Jersey Jack Pinball.
I haven’t played many games onit, but I love it already.
I have a question for you all.
What are you all doing when you have unpacked your NIB pinball game?
Do you do something more that set the angle and cleaning the balls?
It’s there any people that are doing a cleaning and waxing on your NIB pinball game?
Have you any tips on settings for coils and etc? I think it’s hard shooting up the ramp to the mini of on the boat.

42251B7C-5818-462A-933A-BEF5C1BD1BBD (resized).jpeg42251B7C-5818-462A-933A-BEF5C1BD1BBD (resized).jpeg
#633 5 years ago

Has anyone had success printing the flow chart for the rules?

They should include these with the game!

#634 5 years ago

I just had a pretty good game 556000. but it didn't replace the default high score 500000 jack ??

#635 5 years ago

Was it "Grand Champion"? If so , it's a separate list from other high scores usually.

#636 5 years ago

I just talked to Jen at JJ. They are going to build all the CE’s next and then go back to LE and SE production. My original estimate was my LE would ship in December. Now she tells me probably February. They are still shipping first month orders now.

#637 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

is it normal for the #70 opto to always be active?

If the interrupter is parked on it, yes.

Quoted from pickleric:

What do you do if the grounding braid is in there? Take the bracket off and try to reroute part of the braid?

If you can't push it out of the way, I'd remove the bracket, slide it over, put the bracket back on.

#638 5 years ago

What an intense and amazing game, just cracked 700k and sunk 3 ships and man that ship was rocking fast.

#639 5 years ago

I had this error checked switches not working found these broken wires .. now It looks like I'll have to remove the pearl..
I didn't find the instruction in the manual... I remember its not supposed to be hard. If someone can help me find it thanks Tony

20181105_141648 (resized).jpg20181105_141648 (resized).jpg20181105_141739 (resized).jpg20181105_141739 (resized).jpg
#641 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Has anyone had success printing the flow chart for the rules?
They should include these with the game!

it is included in every game. it is even available for those that have not purchased a game. Page 25 of the downloadable manual.

potc flowchart (resized).jpgpotc flowchart (resized).jpg
#642 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

it is included in every game. it is even available for those that have not purchased a game. Page 25 of the downloadable manual.[quoted image]

Well, if your saying a hard copy was included in every game I definitely didn’t get it. Where would this be located? It wasn’t with any of the paperwork or LE certificate.

I’d like to hang it on the wall for guests.

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I had this error checked switches not working found these broken wires .. now It looks like I'll have to remove the pearl

I just did that fix a few days ago. You don't have to take the pearl all the way out.
Remove the screw from the back of the pearl, then the clip, the rod should slide forward allowing the ship to rock more and come slightly out of the resting area. Be careful not to drop the plastic washer into your cab. Then you can lay a couple rags down and do the soldering.

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well, if your saying a hard copy was included in every game I definitely didn’t get it. Where would this be located? It wasn’t with any of the paperwork or LE certificate.

I downloaded the rules chart from JJP website. You can find in the shopping section. See images attached.

I printed a large 11x17 image and had it laminated. I purchased a frame and matte to hang on the wall. BTW, I was able to get Jersey Jack to sign it at EXPO.

DF8A6938-0950-4D08-ADFA-219B44A3DC53 (resized).jpegDF8A6938-0950-4D08-ADFA-219B44A3DC53 (resized).jpegIMG_0164 (resized).jpgIMG_0164 (resized).jpg
#645 5 years ago
Quoted from circuscinema:

Hi everyone. I have got my Pirates of Caribbean LE six days ago. And we have put it in our Cinema/ Game room.
I love every pinball game that has been made by Jersey Jack Pinball.
I haven’t played many games onit, but I love it already.
I have a question for you all.
What are you all doing when you have unpacked your NIB pinball game?
Do you do something more that set the angle and cleaning the balls?
It’s there any people that are doing a cleaning and waxing on your NIB pinball game?
Have you any tips on settings for coils and etc? I think it’s hard shooting up the ramp to the mini of on the boat.[quoted image]

I did increase to strength of the launcher and flippers slightly. For some reason my flippers were set below the default indicated in the manual.

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I never implied that there was a hard cover manual. I clearly stated that it was from the downloadable manual.

www.JerseryJackPinball.com/support

click downloads, click Pirates, click manual. page 25. I typically print all of them (Pirates, Dialed In, Hobbit and Wizard of Oz) and hand them out for free at the shows I attend.

I do like the one that #rbviessman found better though. it makes it look like an old treasure map paper.

Hope you are enjoying your game.

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I just did that fix a few days ago. You don't have to take the pearl all the way out.
Remove the screw from the back of the pearl, then the clip, the rod should slide forward allowing the ship to rock more and come slightly out of the resting area. Be careful not to drop the plastic washer into your cab. Then you can lay a couple rags down and do the soldering.

Thanks but it looks like the green wires go on the inside tab. To tight for me. I'd rather just remove it... if I can figure out how..

#648 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I never implied that there was a hard cover manual. I clearly stated that it was from the downloadable manual.
www.JerseryJackPinball.com/support
click downloads, click Pirates, click manual. page 25. I typically print all of them (Pirates, Dialed In, Hobbit and Wizard of Oz) and hand them out for free at the shows I attend.
I do like the one that #rbviessman found better though. it makes it look like an old treasure map paper.
Hope you are enjoying your game.

Thanks, sorry for interpreting it that way.

Yes, loving the game..had some non pinheads over yesterday and this would have been good to have on hand!

#649 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

I did increase to strength of the launcher and flippers slightly. For some reason my flippers were set below the default indicated in the manual.

I had to increase power to my right flipper. Now I hit the chest shot just fine. Left the left flipper alone.

Also noticed the other day that my boats light was clipping on the Black Pearl ramp, especially when rocking hard. I adjusted some screws but ultimately had to shave the side lip of the ramp with a dremel. Works great now.

20181104_223606 (resized).jpg20181104_223606 (resized).jpg
#650 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I'd rather just remove it... if I can figure out how..

Unhook the clip holding the arm that rocks it. Remove the long allen head screw back there. Whole playfield slides back and up and out. You can lean it enough to work on it, or unhook connectors below the playfield to remove from the game. Mark opto connectors to which spots they go in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.