(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 449 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by MurphyPeoples
  • Topic is favorited by 211 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,130 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9F7335D3-321E-458E-B3A2-43D2F99388C7 (resized).jpeg
20190820_152447 (resized).jpg
IMG-4527 (resized).JPG
IMG-4522 (resized).JPG
IMG-4523 (resized).JPG
IMG-4525 (resized).JPG
IMG-4524 (resized).JPG
IMG-4526 (resized).JPG
20190817_173334 (resized).jpg
20190817_135857 (resized).jpg
20190816_233723 (resized).jpg
20190816_233832 (resized).jpg
20190816_231501 (resized).jpg
20190816_231435 (resized).jpg
IMG-4491 (resized).JPG
IMG-4486 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11941 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 239.
#6401 4 months ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

That's what I figured. The weird thing is I called the support line and left messages 3 times over the past week or two and called Jen a couple of days ago and no help or callback whatsoever.
I own every JJP game and bought them all new, 2 from JJP and feel like a disowned stepchild.

Normally your supposed to contact your selling distributor and they are the one that solves these issues for you. As an example I had a minor missing item on a game, called Chris at KingPinGames and he was all over it in one call. A great distributor is your first line of defense or support. Good luck.

#6402 4 months ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

That's what I figured. The weird thing is I called the support line and left messages 3 times over the past week or two and called Jen a couple of days ago and no help or callback whatsoever.
I own every JJP game and bought them all new, 2 from JJP and feel like a disowned stepchild.

Have you tried contacting your distributor?

#6403 4 months ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

That really sucks! Have you contacted Classic Game Rooms?

#6404 4 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That really sucks! Have you contacted Classic Game Rooms?

Yes, he directed me to JJP but, someone just pm'ed me saying they would take care of it.

Thanks

#6405 4 months ago
Quoted from Axl:

Regarding the monitor sag I would definitely go with the mod couple descriptions. Skip the wood blocks and do it right. Adjust the places where you are supposed to adjust.
Just my 2 cents.

Quoted from zaphX:

I second that. I’ll also add, I had an initial sag and it went right away just by seating the monitor in the latches well.

Just as with anything, sometimes things don't work the way they are supposed to, even if they do work correctly for the majority. In some cases (including mine) the only solution that worked to solve the monitor sag was the wooden blocks.

#6406 4 months ago

Just joined the club and the family is enjoying the game. A quick question that you technical experts may be able to help with. I am getting a switch error #48, Target Ship Hit (stuck closed). Is this a common ‘haven’t been hit in awhile error’. If so, where is the switch so I can test it? Thanks for any help.

#6407 4 months ago
Quoted from Lazar:

If so, where is the switch so I can test it? Thanks for any help.

Hit the Enter diagnostic button - go to Full Menu - Go to Tests - Switches - Matrixed.

Hit some switches to see how they register then try the ones in question.

LTG : )

#6408 4 months ago
Quoted from Lazar:

Just joined the club and the family is enjoying the game. A quick question that you technical experts may be able to help with. I am getting a switch error #48, Target Ship Hit (stuck closed). Is this a common ‘haven’t been hit in awhile error’. If so, where is the switch so I can test it? Thanks for any help.

Look behind the playfield and make sure the black wire tube isn't interfering with the mech. I kept getting that error until I moved the wire bundle over a smidge.

#6409 4 months ago

I recently started having an issue with the post on the left orbit sticking and not retracting into the playfield. I recall reading others having this issue but no resolution. In my case it seems the post shaft is binding in the solenoid sleeve. If I rotate it slightly it moves freely. If I rotate it a bit more it will start binding/sticking again. Any thoughts or suggestions?

#6410 4 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I'd remove the bracket, remove the coil. Inspect for dirt or cracks. Put back in and be sure it is centered in the hole.

#6411 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hit the Enter diagnostic button - go to Full Menu - Go to Tests - Switches - Matrixed.
Hit some switches to see how they register then try the ones in question.

Where is the #45 switch? Thanks for the help.

#6412 4 months ago
Quoted from Lazar:

Where is the #45 switch?

look at page C-106
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC_Manual%202_0%20November%202018.pdf

45 PIRATEReturn Lane Rollover Microswitch & Wireform, Rnd, RtM

#6413 4 months ago

I tried making larger holes for the stars, but it gets away from looking like star-like points of light and more like light blobs, which is what I was trying to get away from with the stock massive light halos look. So I think I'll offer it with the factory size star holes that line up with the cover plastic and people can easily drill out some or all of the holes if they want to suit their personal preference. Getting the map template right is the hard part and that will be done already. Here's a comparison I shot.

This is the way it comes from the factory where they light doesn't really come through the holes they made in the screened plastic, but basically bleeds all around the holes making a bunch of fuzzy blobs that look kind of like the WOPR:
factory-look.gif

The this one is with the holes in the filter I made widened to 3/64" :
3-64 star holes.gif

The second one is using filter holes that are only as large as the light openings on the factory cover plastic, which I think looks more star-like:
stock-star-holes.gif

You can always make a small hole bigger, but you can't make a big hole smaller (at least not easily), so shipping them with the smaller holes will make it flexible enough for everyone's taste to be met (but I think most will like the small holes when they see it in real life).

I don't think the screened plastic suggests clouds. It looks more like a dark starlit night at sea where you can see some of the milky way (possibly embellished with color) with maybe a few clouds blobs in the foreground of the graphic.

#6414 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I tried making larger holes for the stars, but it gets away from looking like star-like points of light and more like light blobs, which is what I was trying to get away from with the stock massive light halos look. So I think I'll offer it with the factory size star holes that line up with the cover plastic and people can easily drill out some or all of the holes to suit their personal preference. Getting the map template right is the hard part and that will be done already. Here's a comparison I shot.
The first one is with the holes widened to 3/64" :
The second one is using stock holes that are only as large as the light openings on the cover plastic, which I think looks more star-like:[quoted image][quoted image]

Just a suggestion but I fear making these holes pin size will take away from the goal of reading what the star formations are drawing as a game feature. Will end up looking like a grid of dots is from what I see. Seems like the original design was to give the appearance of looking at the stars through a cloudy sky?

#6415 4 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a suggestion but I fear making these holes pin size will take away from the goal of reading what the star formations are drawing as a game feature. Will end up looking like a grid of dots is from what I see. Seems like the original design was to give the appearance of looking at the stars through a cloudy sky?

You can still read them if they're reduced to more star-like points. If looking at them through a cloudy (Hazy maybe? Is cloudy even possible?) sky was the goal of how they shipped it, it was a factory fail. It just looks like uniform blobs of light as it comes from the factory. One of the few things that drove me nuts immediately.

#6416 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

You can still read them if they're reduced to more star-like points. If looking at them through a cloudy (Hazy maybe? Is cloudy even possible?) sky was the goal of how they shipped it, it was a factory fail. It just looks like uniform blobs of light as it comes from the factory. One of the few things that drove me nuts immediately.

Totally understand just suggesting it might be hard to decipher (not that it’s easy now) the star map images if they are just micro dots. A bit larger blends them to form some basic shaded shape. Sounded like you were playing with hole diameters just giving a suggestion.

#6417 4 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Totally understand just suggesting it might be hard to decipher (not that it’s easy now) the star map images if they are just micro dots. A bit larger blends them to form some basic shaded shape. Sounded like you were playing with hole diameters just giving a suggestion.

I totally appreciate it. I just can't leave it with the blobby light because it completely ruins the idea that I'm looking at stars and makes me think, "Would you like to play a game, professor?" instead. But you did give me an idea for something else to try as a Star Map bonus Jonas...

#6418 4 months ago

Man people are a dream within a dream at this point with these adjustments. Now we're alerting the size of the stars? Haha

#6419 4 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

Special thanks to my friend @TimBoch and his daughter for their help today installing the MAP hole Cliffy on my JJPOTC today.
There isn't yet a video showing how to take the Black Pearl ship off the game, so I took pics along the way. I'm sure the pics won't appear in the exact intended order, but it should give the general idea well enough.
Hopefully this helps anyone who may need to take the Black Pearl completely off. My suggestion, is to get at least two pairs of hands. I carefully snipped just one zip tie off holding the cluster of wires underneath the playfield. Ensure you don't accidentally cut thru anything important.!
In short, there are SEVEN connectors under the playfield that first need to be disconnected and they need to be carefully passed thru the plastic underneath where the Black Pearl was mounted. I've circled their locations in the pictures. I eventually took a black sharpie and wrote on #'s on them to help me remember what goes where, but they are keyed fairly obviously so not much chance to screw that up. The three little Molex connecters are color coded on the board they connect to. I temporarily disconnected the small black Molex just to give me better access to the other plugs. In putting everything back, my left ship spinner initially wasn't registering in test, but that was resolved just by going back and re-seating those plugs.
To remove the ship, you need an Allen key to extract the Allen pin behind the ship, pull the cotter pin on the arm (behind the playfield), collect the white spacer, and then ensure the upper playfield pin that was secured with the cotter pin is manually retracted thru the back of the playfield. Once that's done, pull backwards on the ship towards the back of the playfield, and carefully lift it up and out. It's possible to carefully guide it out from under the VUK guide w/o removing the VUK guide, just take your time. When handling the upper playfield, its a good idea to be mindful about where exactly you're handling it due to the sensitive components underneath, so make sure you're not putting pressure on something fragile. What I do is keep my hands on the wood sides until I can be assured I'm not handling it from something that could break. Do NOT get lazy at this point and be mindful about what/where you go setting this thing because its heavy enough to break whatever you rest it on. You really need two people to do this. I had help guiding the cables up and thru from underneath as I extracted everything together to set aside.
After you get the ship off, there are 5 nylon nuts that need to be removed in order to lift up on the plastic on top of the MAP targets. Then you just remove the two posts and the one screw holding the MAP hole ball guide. We didn't need to completely take the plastic off as there was enough flexibility to get the Cliffy placed.
Clean the MAP hole area with the supplied alcohol wipe, place the Cliffy, and re-install everything. Note: In removing two of the posts under the plastic, one of the chapter select sling rubbers was released. No big deal, just re-install the sling rubber after you install the Cliffy and then get the posts back where they belong.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you, evh347! This post was very helpful in installing the Cliffy. Your Tortuga post was also very helpful.

I also had the green and brown wire problem. All 6 targets on the Pearl weren't working. It wasn't obvious where the problem was, though. I reflowed solder to all the targets. It seemed like they all needed more solder. Wherever the problem(s) was/were, they're all working now.

The playfield isn't rocking smoothly now. It's rubbing a little on the wires. I need to zip tie down below to tighten them up.

Anyway, a big thank you to you.

#6420 4 months ago
Quoted from Axl:

look at page C-106
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC_Manual%202_0%20November%202018.pdf
45 PIRATEReturn Lane Rollover Microswitch & Wireform, Rnd, RtM

Thank you to Axl, I was able to clear the switch error. Appreciate all the willingness to help us POTC rookies.

#6421 4 months ago

Anyone have an issue with the playfield not quite meeting the hooks on the apron? I'm maybe a cm off, and I've tried adjust cables in the back too.

15540192697714961631428236040717 (resized).jpg
#6422 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Anyone have an issue with the playfield not quite meeting the hooks on the apron? I'm maybe a cm off, and I've tried adjust cables in the back too.
[quoted image]

Did you remove the foam block from the back of the cabinet.

#6423 4 months ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Did you remove the foam block from the back of the cabinet.

Yes.... The one with the screw, and all other foam too.

My friend and I even checked the back box to make sure no wires were obstructing.

15540201348546163412464098832146 (resized).jpg

20190331_043834 (resized).jpg
#6424 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

My friend and I even checked the back box to make sure no wires were obstructing.
[quoted image]

Was it hooked in properly before you lifted the Playfield or has it always been like that

#6425 4 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Was it hooked in properly before you lifted the Playfield or has it always been like that

Yes it was.

20190331_023944 (resized).jpg
#6426 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#6427 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yes it was.[quoted image]

Well there has to be something blocking it or being caught on . Have an extra good look at everything make sure the rails are clear and maybe give it a bit of a harder push ?

#6428 4 months ago

Now that I think of it, when I pulled it up initially at the apron, the joints connected in the apron seemed really snug into the brackets.

#6429 4 months ago

Lifted the playfield again, finally got them set again.

Anyone know why these might be so snug???

#6430 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Lifted the playfield again, finally got them set again.
Anyone know why these might be so snug???

Snug on the one here, too.

#6431 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Now that I think of it, when I pulled it up initially at the apron, the joints connected in the apron seemed really snug into the brackets.

My Hobbit sometimes needs an extra push to get that last little bit

#6432 4 months ago

The one on the right is fine, left is super snug.

20190331_051156 (resized).jpg
#6433 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

The one on the right is fine, left is super snug.
[quoted image]

Adjust the receiver

#6434 4 months ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Adjust the receiver

Receiver?

Anyone ever have a misaligned or bent lockdown bar? I removed the sticky foam even, and can only lock one side down. The metal tabs seem bent? The one on the right isn't flush/parallel with the one on the left. And I have the glass as far up as I can go.

Even turning the coin box key takes a firm turn upward to lock.

I have no.visible cabinet or box damage. Not sure why there are these front end, very basic mechanical issues...

Thanks everyone for your advice. I'm off to bed for now.

20190331_055326 (resized).jpg
#6435 4 months ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I think I will order a playfield protector and put it in, even though the job seems a bit nightmarish. Anyone, who has put one it, what kind of experiences did you have? I have put playfield protector into MM, Houdini and Alien, so I am not a total novice in that regard. How difficult it was to put the JJP POTC protector in?
PU-parts is offering some cannot shield - is it worth to get? https://pu-parts.com/pirates-of-the-caribbean-cannon-shield
Thanks for any info!

I got that installed and it protects the underside of the Black Pearl quite well.

#6436 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Receiver?
Anyone ever have a misaligned or bent lockdown bar? I removed the sticky foam even, and can only lock one side down. The metal tabs seem bent? The one on the right isn't flush/parallel with the one on the left. And I have the glass as far up as I can go.
Even turning the coin box key takes a firm turn upward to lock.
I have no.visible cabinet or box damage. Not sure why there are these front end, very basic mechanical issues...
Thanks everyone for your advice. I'm off to bed for now.
[quoted image]

Did you try adjusting the screws circled in the pic?

8B6E888B-83D4-477F-9955-C08B82DF55D5 (resized).jpeg
#6437 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I tried making larger holes for the stars, but it gets away from looking like star-like points of light and more like light blobs, which is what I was trying to get away from with the stock massive light halos look. So I think I'll offer it with the factory size star holes that line up with the cover plastic and people can easily drill out some or all of the holes if they want to suit their personal preference. Getting the map template right is the hard part and that will be done already. Here's a comparison I shot.
This is the way it comes from the factory where they light doesn't really come through the holes they made in the screened plastic, but basically bleeds all around the holes making a bunch of fuzzy blobs that look kind of like the WOPR:
[quoted image]
The this one is with the holes in the filter I made widened to 3/64" :
[quoted image]
The second one is using filter holes that are only as large as the light openings on the factory cover plastic, which I think looks more star-like:
[quoted image]
You can always make a small hole bigger, but you can't make a big hole smaller (at least not easily), so shipping them with the smaller holes will make it flexible enough for everyone's taste to be met (but I think most will like the small holes when they see it in real life).
I don't think the screened plastic suggests clouds. It looks more like a dark starlit night at sea where you can see some of the milky way (possibly embellished with color) with maybe a few clouds blobs in the foreground of the graphic.

Ok, I can't read that star map for the life of me. What is the one in this gif telling you?

#6438 4 months ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I think I will order a playfield protector and put it in, even though the job seems a bit nightmarish. Anyone, who has put one it, what kind of experiences did you have? I have put playfield protector into MM, Houdini and Alien, so I am not a total novice in that regard. How difficult it was to put the JJP POTC protector in?
PU-parts is offering some cannot shield - is it worth to get? https://pu-parts.com/pirates-of-the-caribbean-cannon-shield
Thanks for any info!

I was wanting to order one of those, but they don't ship to the USA

#6439 4 months ago

I wonder if we will need to wait at this point until MGC for the Pirates 1.x update? Hopefully that means Keith and the team have had more time to polish up the code versus releasing what they had completed at TPF.

#6440 4 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was wanting to order one of those, but they don't ship to the USA

I just shot terry@pinballlife.com an email requesting that he order and stock these.

Terry is cool like that...shoot him an email showing interest. and he will hook us up.

#6441 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I just shot terry@pinballlife.com an email requesting that he order and stock these.
Terry is cool like that...shoot him an email showing interest. and he will hook us up.

I just shot him an email as well.

I hope he can make this happen.

#6442 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

When I got my DI, it was a very snug fit getting the playfield hooks back into the receiver the first few times. It loosened up pretty quickly.

#6443 4 months ago

wesman both my playfields are snug - I press forward on it at the LCD area to drop it in.

For the lockbar the brass screws are the fix - I’d reapply that foam if you kept it, myself.

#6444 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

wesman both my playfields are snug - I press forward on it at the LCD area to drop it in.
For the lockbar the brass screws are the fix - I’d reapply that foam if you kept it, myself.

Yes, that’s the Rum seal!

#6445 4 months ago

I've noticed there is a sound effect that plays that sounds like a "uggghh" - anyone know what that relates to? I can't figure it out and it doesn't happen all the time

#6446 4 months ago

Sometimes if the game isn't level the playfield can be tough to put back in

#6447 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've noticed there is a sound effect that plays that sounds like a "uggghh" - anyone know what that relates to? I can't figure it out and it doesn't happen all the time

are you referring to the Arg mode triggered by the Pirate inlanes?

Similar to the Duh mode in TSPP

#6448 4 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

are you referring to the Arg mode triggered by the Pirate inlanes?
Similar to the Duh mode in TSPP

Nope that is where you hear that over and over right? This is a different sound.

Although speaking of that mode how do you enable that again? Didn't see it as a selection in the inlanes but I've had it happen in game before not sure how

#6449 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nope that is where you hear that over and over right? This is a different sound.
Although speaking of that mode how do you enable that again? Didn't see it as a selection in the inlanes but I've had it happen in game before not sure how

You need to complete the inlanes 3x for Arrr Frenzy to be an option there.

The other random “ughh” sounds - I’ve heard them too and I figure it’s just random flavor they put on switches here and there.

#6450 4 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Did you try adjusting the screws circled in the pic?
[quoted image]

Quoted from zaphX:

I just loosened them up quite a bit, and the left bar keeps hitting the glass. Am I supposed to jiggle anything underneath to adjust after loosening the screws?

20190331_112913 (resized).jpg20190331_112849 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
14,775 (Firm)
There are 11941 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 239.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside