IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weirpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#945 10 years ago

Just pulled out my third one to try and prep for the OH show.

2 years later
#3219 8 years ago

I have an extra coffin mod unpainted I'll let go for $100 shipped.

Scott

IMG_0642_(resized).JPGIMG_0642_(resized).JPG

#3226 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

If you led you must ocd.

Not true - if you patch the rom

#3229 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The only thing the patch will fix is ghosting.. Even then it's not the end all.

Agree - but that is usually a solution most people can live with for a few bucks

7 years later
#10059 1 year ago

Looking for a set of head decals - let me know if you have some.

#10061 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Got a set off of EBay a while back. Pretty happy with them. Worth a look .

all I see are full sets - automated has a set, but they say it is NOS and I don't want a set from the 90's glue is probably completely shot.

#10063 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohm:

Some 3M spray adhesive will fix that right up.

ya, no thanks - I've tried to use nos decals before and sometimes you can't even get the backing off.

#10066 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I would double check or even reach out to the seller if he just has the head decals. It’s been a few years ago that I got them so I’m not sure of the sellers name. Best of luck !

just did - Jeff split up a set for me

#10071 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Considering restoring my cab with these alternate decals and deep blood red powder. Should take me a couple weeks once the decals arrive. Gotta strip and sand the cabinet. Big cab conversion!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely better than red. I'm doing some different colors after new decals go on. No red here.

2 weeks later
#10114 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

so we have a BSD at a local bar we have tournaments at every week. idk what the deal is with this specific machine but its constantly breaking the flipper coil lugs causing the winding to snap which I have to unwind and re attach. I've gone through like 4 coils bc of this. lol anyone else have this issue. I also tech another place that has bsd and I never have this issue, also tournament heavy. very frustrating. game needs a break I guess

Did you reverse the coil orientation so the lugs are away from the stop? It helps with vibration.

1 week later
#10154 12 months ago

Anyone use retro refurbished speaker panel? I was surprised when it came as just a decal

3 weeks later
#10234 11 months ago

What color powder should I go with to complement these decals. Think I can get away with red, but wanted to hear other ideas...

drac (resized).jpgdrac (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#10314 10 months ago
Quoted from Cariba:

Can anyone confirm if the rubber post sleeves are all one size on this pin, and are they the short or tall?
I think they are all the tall 1-1/16 inch ones?
I Don't have my machine in front of me to check...
Thanks,

drac rubbers (resized).jpgdrac rubbers (resized).jpg
1 month later
#10466 8 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

There are in the process @starship from what I understand.

Good luck with that

#10470 8 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Lol! I know it’s been a long time coming. I bought a set when a pinsider had them available. They did have some issues though.
How’s your BSD resto coming along???

Just waiting to get my Getaway cab back from the painter so I can silkscreen the warning text - then decals and back together.

1 week later
#10504 8 months ago
Quoted from hool10:

Quick question for you folks. Does powdercoating the wireforms affect the game in any way?

Not that I ever noticed

1 week later
#10515 7 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Mine is also a full restoration with radcals

laugh.giflaugh.gif

#10517 7 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Not sure what the laugh is about? He asked what his BSD was worth, and I gave him my opinion and shared a few pics of mine mid restoration. If you're laughing at the fact that I said I wouldn't take less than 7500 for mine, you're entitled to your opinion, but that's what it's worth to me considering all the time, effort, and new parts in it. If you're laughing at something you see in the pics, you're again entitled to your opinion, but those pics were when the job was a work in progress. I guess I should just not try and help anyone out from now on lest I risk being shamed.

Using the term "full restoration" and radcals - I'm sorry they don't go together (My opinion). All that aside - I'm not knocking your work it looks great - don't take stuff so seriously.

#10539 7 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Crazy how many people do. I don’t care either. I play them like I own them.

I remember a company that made full size cabinet artwork protectors. Thought they were heading towards this...

body.gifbody.gif
#10552 7 months ago
Quoted from Bohm:

What's wrong with Rad-Cals? What's a more appropriate restoration decal?
I'm restoring a Getaway and unless a decal looks like absolute trash I just want one that's relatively easy to install

Nothing wrong with that choice - but I wouldn't call it a restoration with radcals - In my opinion they are choice you make when fixing up a game, but side by side I'd pick a re-decaled over radcal any day.

#10553 7 months ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

There are too many brands to list as wanting to avoid. The Klipsch is probably fine. A general rule that I go by is to avoid multiple or big ports on inexpensive subs. A brand that I hear good things about as being less expensive than JL but good is SVS, so something like this:
https://www.svsound.com/products/sb-1000-pro-subwoofer
but not the next one up their line (because of the ports):
https://www.svsound.com/products/pb-1000-pro-subwoofer

You guys dropping all that money on a sub, might want to think about the quality of the sound mix. If using the original boards vs pinsound I would never do that.

#10558 7 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Idk I’ve tried multiple decals and are blurry at least to me since they are not licensed. Rad cals looks sharp and clear. Love them.

Not sure where you are getting decals - never had that problem. I am biased towards silk screened if they are available.

#10573 7 months ago

New decals on finally!

DSCN6157 (resized).JPGDSCN6157 (resized).JPG
#10575 7 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

How’s the quality?

Not bad at all, good tack, not too thin to use. Not a lot of margin to work with, but it worked fine. Now I just have to get the armor powdercoated. This is what I'm thinking.

DSCN6158 (resized).JPGDSCN6158 (resized).JPG
#10583 7 months ago
Quoted from KJS:

If any of you guys want my Gothic upgrade kit send me a pm. Had a guy pull-out of the group we have organised. Should be all ready in the next few weeks, playfield, cab art, apron, speaker panel, translite plastic set, ramp decals etc. Similar to my old one....but better!!
[quoted image]

Can you post some detailed pictures of the translite speaker panel and apron?

#10584 7 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I’ll suggest gloss black but that’s just me.
How did you make out with the speaker panel decal?

Haven't braved that speaker panel decal yet

#10602 7 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I’ll suggest gloss black but that’s just me.
How did you make out with the speaker panel decal?

Finally tried the speaker panel decal - turn out reasonably well

DSCN6171 (resized).JPGDSCN6171 (resized).JPG
#10605 7 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Isn’t this going to block the love never dies flashers?

Color dmd installed, so I don't have them anyway

1 week later
#10615 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So I’ve wanted to add LEDs under my graveyard for years. But, I didn’t want to remove the ramps and access the bottom of the graveyard because I’m lazy. So, I decided to raise the playfield about 45 degrees, to expose the backside of the graveyard. Then, I drilled a small hole and fed a green and a blue star post led inside. It worked pretty well for a 1/2 hour job!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for reminding me to do this before putting my pf back in the cabinet!

#10625 6 months ago

ooohhh shiny....

Resized_20231010_143519 (resized).jpegResized_20231010_143519 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10638 6 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

How’s the restoration coming along ?

Waiting on powdercoat right now

#10640 6 months ago
Quoted from Cariba:

Anyone car to share if they are using Pinstadium's lighting system on their BSD?
Or a DIY version?

puke.gifpuke.gif
1 week later
#10678 6 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Waiting on powdercoat right now

Armor back - waiting on some internal parts to put together the rest of the cab. Wireforms pulled for powdercoat.

DSCN6329 (resized).JPGDSCN6329 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#10722 5 months ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

If the wrapper of your coil is 'crunchy', you should replace the coil, because it's gotten quite hot. If the wrapper isn't browned or crunchy you'll need to replace the coil sleeve and see if that solves the 'sticky'.
The wire ramp ball popper I think uses an opto to see if the ball is there. If that opto is dirty it could be activating the coil a lot, causing overheating. Clean the opto, maybe replace it.
Then, yes, it's possible for the transistor that drives this coil to become 'leaky'. It's quite rare. Usually it would become leaky, then get very hot and fail turning the coil on all the time. Look at the transistor associated with this coil and if it seems heat discolored, replace it. It could be the pre-driver (small transistor) that is bad, so you could check it against the other transistors close to it, but this is all very unlikely.
Let us know what you find.

A coil works or it doesn't never replace it the only thing is crunchy paper. It is only wound wire, if it doesn't have a break it will work, coil sleeves on the other hand can get hot and deform.

#10739 5 months ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Any body have and idea when Starship Fantasy will have Drac ramps ready???

laugh.giflaugh.gif
#10749 5 months ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

Ok guys, I have 2 issues going on with the BSD I just picked up. First, as the ball is ejected into the shooter lane it hits the opposing lane guide and bounces back into the eject hole. It does this several times before staying in the lane so i can plunge it. Second, as the ball travels, it occasionally hits the edge of the wire form that protrudes barely into the lane. Anyone else have these issues? Suggested fixes? Thanks!

look at how the arm strikes the ball and you might have to bend the arm a bit either way to get it to get it to eject correctly

#10761 5 months ago
Quoted from Cariba:

I am considering this myself as well, but I would love to see video of actual BSD with it to compare

I've got one to put in, I'll post when I finally get around to it

#10763 5 months ago
Quoted from Cariba:

That would be much appreciated, and if you could do a short video of "before" as well please.
But these boards are only for GI not insert lights?

only GI

#10767 5 months ago
Quoted from Cariba:

I see...and is there not a OCD board version for insert lights? I know comet has em for pinbot and twilight zone..and other pins.
Or is it not much change if used for inserts lights on bsd?

Not sure why it would be used on inserts, problem with gi is getting them to dim without strobing

1 week later
#10787 4 months ago

Pf is back in the game, tried out the new translite. had the wireforms done in "dragons blood" powdercoat.

DSCN6514 (resized).JPGDSCN6514 (resized).JPG
#10799 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

AC GI pretty much go on or off. DC insert lights need to be controlled for individual lighting of different inserts. Hence the lamp matrix. I don't know if you easily do that with AC.
LTG : )

Actually AC GI is variable by voltage, remember the "allow dim illum setting on wpcs?

#10803 4 months ago
Quoted from shedpinball:

Hi , new problem with drac today after turning it on , tried re connecting all cables to and from the dmd with no change , am i in need of a new dmd or driver board ??

Maybe not, make sure the ribbon going to the dmd isn't reversed - also reseat all the ribbon cables to make sure they are aligned.

#10804 4 months ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

I picked up a machine and in its previous life, somebody cut the barcode out of the playfield. At least they did a good job (insert giant eye roll)
Was it a serial number or a model number (the same for all machines) ?
I’m going to try and print the original and mylar over it.
If someone could post a photo - I’d appreciate it.
[quoted image]

This is what one of mine looked like

064 (resized).JPG064 (resized).JPG
#10805 4 months ago

And another

DSCN2907 (resized).JPGDSCN2907 (resized).JPG

Another one had 207532

#10809 4 months ago
Quoted from hool10:

How in the heck do you fit a rubber in this spot? Also it can’t be 1.5” but a 2.5” rubber.
[quoted image][quoted image]

loosen the post screw, put on band, tighten screw.

#10828 4 months ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

BSD has the UV SN in the middle of the playfield as well. Check yours out.

You are right!

DSCN6522 (resized).JPGDSCN6522 (resized).JPG
#10831 4 months ago

Testing out some light strips on the castle, village and graveyard - graveyard doesn't work because it was airbrushed. Village I will have to drill out some windows.

DSCN6523 (resized).JPGDSCN6523 (resized).JPG

#10833 4 months ago

Just listed these if anyone needs them.

Parts - For Sale
NOS (New Old Stock) - “Bought these before I went with the crate theme. From classic arcades on ebay authorized decals. Have been stored flat. Price includes shipping.”
2024-01-28
Middletown, OH
Archived after: 31 days
Viewed: 93 times

#10834 4 months ago

Since I couldn't get the green glow on the graveyard, I added a flasher to get lightning effects...

#10840 4 months ago

Restoration is finished, New cabinet decals, speaker panel decal, new coin door, new translite new apron artwork, lighting added to village and cave, flasher added on graveyard, pinsound wired for stereo with upgraded speakers. New dracula coffin, changed all posts to blue. Pf was restored previously.

DSCN6537 (resized).JPGDSCN6537 (resized).JPGDSCN6538 (resized).JPGDSCN6538 (resized).JPGDSCN6540 (resized).JPGDSCN6540 (resized).JPG
#10849 4 months ago
Quoted from Cariba:

I am considering changing my BSD pop bumpers to Blue and possibly the lane dividers (as pictured above), can anyone post PF pics of this mod, and if anyone has with say pop bumpers in blue but lane dividers in red still.
Any thoughts on these changes? Did anyone make this change then regret it and why?

I was going to go green on the lane guides to go with the mist up there, but couldn't find any green ones, so went with the blue theme.

#10852 4 months ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

For the flashers, I'd think you'd just tie into the flasher wiring itself (I did this with undercab lighting).
For Ron, I honestly don't think I've ever noticed him light up.

I tied into these flashers for my added lightning flasher on the graveyard.

1 week later
#10872 4 months ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

When I purchased my BSD, it had remote control led strips that lit up Love Never Dies and the backbox up by Dracula. As of right now, the led strips are not working and my 5A fuse at F109 keeps blowing. When I looked to see how these leds were hooked up for power, there are trifurcon pins on the end of a piece of speaker wire and those are pushed into the J116 standard connector at pins 2 & 3. That certainly is not a stable connection. Does anyone have instructions for how this was supposed to be connected? Of course would like it to be reversible so I don't want to hard wire into J116 pins 2&3 if that is how its supposed to be hooked up.
Pictures are below. Does anyone have this mod, know where it came from and can you please let me know the best way to connect? Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

They look like 12v leds - look at the power supply there. Grabbing it at J116 is a place to get 12V

#10877 4 months ago
Quoted from aeneas:

I'm working on a new mod that goes in the top right corner of the playfield.
My problem is that it connects to the 906 flasher in the top right corner and I don't find a way to do this nicely and make it plug and play.
At the moment I'm testing it by just tieing 2 wires to the flasher lamp and plugging it carefully in the twist socket base.
Other option is that people just solder it at the back of the playfield. That's also not for everyone.
Alligator clips aren't really an option on that board at the back of the playfield.
Does anyone know if 906 flashers with a connector exist or a piece to put in between the connector?
Would having a mod to solder yourself or connecting carefully to the existing 906 be a big dealbreaker or could you live with this ?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Only way to tie into that is to solder another set of wires on the socket.

#10879 4 months ago
Quoted from Zee:

Why not just make a molex Y connector for the flasher? You will need a couple of 2-pin housings, the pins themselves, wire, and the correct crimping tool.
For example:
https://www.amazon.com/Molex-2-Pin-Connector-Kit-0-093/dp/B004GUQ2ZM

You still need to tie off the existing socket - you could add a connector off two additional wires soldered on.

#10886 4 months ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

Last little update on this one so I don't end up spamming the thread. I'll be doing a one time run of these early/mid next year. Anyone who is interested feel free to PM and I'll keep a list and reach out when there is somthing fully functional to consider.[quoted image]

fantastic!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weirpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=weirpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.