17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_201837504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205105814 (resized).jpg
20240307_151004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 223.
#3201 8 years ago

So I went through the thread and didn't see any pic of BSD with mirror blades? My question is it because the clearance is too small or will it interfere with the mist optos?

#3202 8 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

So I went through the thread and didn't see any pic of BSD with mirror blades? My question is it because the clearance is too small or will it interfere with the mist optos?

I'd say mainly because of real estate on the sides. There aren't many open spots to be able to enjoy what mirror blades do....reflect. I've given it some thought but decided it's not worth it on a BSD.

#3203 8 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

I have the black mirror blades on mine. I like them and the playfield moves freely without scratching them. Because there is so much coverage on the sides of BSD with the castles and stuff, it isn't so much a wow factor as other more reflective games. But still a nice mod to add. No effect on the mist opto's.

52_G_sized_(resized).jpg52_G_sized_(resized).jpg
BSD_(23)_(resized).JPGBSD_(23)_(resized).JPG

#3204 8 years ago

For me it's also the fact that there isn't a lot of space to fully enjoy mirror blades on a BSD. I used mine on T2 and CFTBL instead

#3205 8 years ago

I don't know if this has been covered before, but has anybody else run into an issue with BSD playing music during attract mode when it's set to not do so? A weird odd tune that keep repeating over and over -- very annoying. I think this may be a software bug but I can't find more than the L-1 ROM revision. Anyone know anything about this? If the game is left on for awhile it'll start repeating this odd musical phrase forever...

#3206 8 years ago

Awsome paint job on my BSD made by a friend. With ruby red ramps.
Mirror blades looks good IMO

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3207 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I don't know if this has been covered before, but has anybody else run into an issue with BSD playing music during attract mode when it's set to not do so? A weird odd tune that keep repeating over and over -- very annoying. I think this may be a software bug but I can't find more than the L-1 ROM revision. Anyone know anything about this? If the game is left on for awhile it'll start repeating this odd musical phrase forever...

Does it sound like this? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-sound-problem

#3208 8 years ago

yea, that's the problem! Does anybody know exactly what is causing it?

#3209 8 years ago

Bundy tracked it to the Rottendog CPU board. Waiting for a new or repaired one from them and will try again.

#3210 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Awsome paint job on my BSD made by a friend. With ruby red ramps.
Mirror blades looks good IMO

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Looks very cool

#3211 8 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Bundy tracked it to the Rottendog CPU board. Waiting for a new or repaired one from them and will try again.

I am not convinced that's the problem. I don't have a Rottendog MPU board and it's happening on my machine.

My feeling is, it may be a software glitch that is only triggered when certain configuration options are set. Perhaps we can compare config settings and find out?

#3212 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I am not convinced that's the problem. I don't have a Rottendog MPU board and it's happening on my machine.
My feeling is, it may be a software glitch that is only triggered when certain configuration options are set. Perhaps we can compare config settings and find out?

Sure thing. I don't have the game yet, he's been shopping it out for me. Soon as the new board comes back I'll be picking it up and we can compare settings.

#3213 8 years ago

I've seen similar things happen with other games. For example, there's a bug in Jackbot where if it's in tournament mode sometimes the game reboots when start is pressed, and in Giligan's island certain settings cause malfunctions in the game. I'm thinking maybe the sound glitch is tied to something set a certain way. At least, I'd like to change my settings to match someone's who doesn't have the sound glitch and see if I can re-create it.

I guess one way to start would be to have a game that does it, and one that doesn't reset to factory settings?

#3214 8 years ago

Finally installed my Cliffy Rat Hole Protector. Even on a professional clear coat that hole is an issue. Before picture shown is after about 50 plays. Thanks Cliffy for an awesome fit and protection!

003_(resized).JPG003_(resized).JPG
010_(resized).JPG010_(resized).JPG

#3215 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Yup, I've noticed the same tune playing continuously on mine sometimes after playing. I kind of like it though.

#3216 8 years ago

Having a sale on BSD mods, $200 usd painted and shipped

or

$90 usd unpainted (sanded and prepped) and shipped to the artist of your choice.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-coffin-mod-in-the-works

Send payment via Paypal to [email protected] and mention in the notes what version you're buying.

Thanks!

#3217 8 years ago

Has any of you folks installed a Sigma / ColorDMD into BSD as of yet? If so how does it look, does the red gel kill it at all and does it interfere with the "Love Never Dies" flashers at all?

Thanks

#3218 8 years ago

Yes, I've been wondering the same thing about color DMD. Was toying with the idea of an upgrade. I'm sure some tweaking would be needed to keep the flashers, maybe an led strip or something?

#3219 8 years ago

I have an extra coffin mod unpainted I'll let go for $100 shipped.

Scott

IMG_0642_(resized).JPGIMG_0642_(resized).JPG

#3220 8 years ago

hola!
any idea if the torches wll be on sale any time soon? I just need to know If I'll put them in my restaure or not!
thanks
LFR

#3221 8 years ago

hola!
any idea if the torches wll be on sale any time soon? I just need to know If I'll put them in my restaure or not!
thanks
LFR

I'm hoping to have those ready for next month

#3222 8 years ago

Sounds Good. My game needs them!

#3223 8 years ago

Does anybody know where i can get a patched BSD rom? I bought all non ghosting reduced flicker optix Led's and it didnt do squat. Looks awful really and i really wish i had bought the cheap stuff with led ocd for the inserts at least.

#3224 8 years ago

If you led you must ocd.

#3225 8 years ago

I have LEDs in mine and I don't have ghosting issues. Previous owner installed them though, so I don't know which kind they are.

#3226 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

If you led you must ocd.

Not true - if you patch the rom

#3227 8 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Not true - if you patch the rom

The only thing the patch will fix is ghosting.. Even then it's not the end all.

#3228 8 years ago

Dupe

#3229 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The only thing the patch will fix is ghosting.. Even then it's not the end all.

Agree - but that is usually a solution most people can live with for a few bucks

#3230 8 years ago

Does anyone have a source for ramp decals? I contacted starship in the past few days and was told that they are still roughly 6 mos out from production. My ramps are okay and I think I could make do with new decals.

#3231 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Does anyone have a source for ramp decals? I contacted starship in the past few days and was told that they are still roughly 6 mos out from production. My ramps are okay and I think I could make do with new decals.

Would love this too. Is Starship making ramps or decals?

#3232 8 years ago
Quoted from Benobutton:

Would love this too. Is Starship making ramps or decals?

The ramps have supposedly been in production since before the other guys went out of business, so yeah... Someday.

#3233 8 years ago

I Finally installed my new painted village and Castle. I also put a warm Yellow led strip in The village and make holes in lots of Windows.
It looks like there is people living in It lighted by candles.
It' sur really subtle. I had fun making It!

#3234 8 years ago

Cool idea. Post a pic with the room dark and the village lit up please.

#3235 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Cool idea. Post a pic with the room dark and the village lit up please.

What he said.

#3236 8 years ago

I Finally installed my new painted village and Castle. I also put a warm Yellow led strip in The village and make holes in lots of Windows.
It looks like there is people living in It lighted by candles.
It' sur really subtle. I had fun making It!

I use black balls in my BSD, too.... perfect pin for them!

Screen_Shot_2016-02-10_at_2.12.46_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-02-10_at_2.12.46_PM_(resized).png

#3237 8 years ago

I tried to take pics but Iphone sucks.

I'm not 100% satified by result.

Pretty sure all do It again from scratch with Lighting diode instead. Flickering ones.

Too bright looks bad. Too Low (as I did with a strip)...meh...back to The workshop

#3238 8 years ago

Just got mine delivered today too! Shout out to McClad, the best damn BSD painter in the business.

20160210_204138_(resized).jpg20160210_204138_(resized).jpg

#3239 8 years ago

Wow! this is impressive! Work of An artist. A great one.

1 week later
#3240 8 years ago

So I recently got this game and after about a weeks worth of playing (with a couple days a high number of games) the magnet assembly got stuck on the right side of the playfield. Turns out it was getting stuck on the plastic piece that runs parallel to the magnet screw channel on the underside of the playfied. Simply removing this piece solved the problem, but my question is, what is the purpose of that piece and is it necessary?

#3241 8 years ago
Quoted from piggidyphish:

Turns out it was getting stuck on the plastic piece that runs parallel to the magnet screw channel on the underside of the playfied

If I'm understanding the piece you're describing it's there to prevent wires or something else from getting caught in the screw drive. There should be no need to remove it, just figure out what's catching and if something is loose or bent then fix it.

#3242 8 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

If I'm understanding the piece you're describing it's there to prevent wires or something else from getting caught in the screw drive. There should be no need to remove it, just figure out what's catching and if something is loose or bent then fix it.

I kind of doubt that's it's purpose. It's a flat piece on each side of the channel that's is flush with the board. best I can guess is it is intended to prevent rubbing against the underside of the playfield, or perhaps a secondary guide beyond that of the long screw the magnet follows.

Obviously I tried fixing it first, same problem arose so now I'm wondering its utility.

#3243 8 years ago

My thought is that plastic piece is there to disperse the light across the mist inserts. Otherwise you would just light up one insert at a time as the light passes by. If I am thinking of the correct plastic you are talking about.
Keith

#3244 8 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

My thought is that plastic piece is there to disperse the light across the mist inserts. Otherwise you would just light up one insert at a time as the light passes by. If I am thinking of the correct plastic you are talking about.
Keith

Yea, maybe that's it. Thanks for the help. Clearly I'd like to avoid removing it but as of now, functionally speaking, it doesn't seem to be all that necessary.

Maybe this helps. The two plastic pieces above and below the screw drive.

underside_of_drac_(resized).jpgunderside_of_drac_(resized).jpg

#3245 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Having a sale on BSD mods, $200 usd painted and shipped

I'm picking up a BSD today ... too bad this mod is like $680 CAD

Great work Brock, looks stellar!

#3246 8 years ago
Quoted from piggidyphish:

Yea, maybe that's it. Thanks for the help. Clearly I'd like to avoid removing it but as of now, functionally speaking, it doesn't seem to be all that necessary.
Maybe this helps. The two plastic pieces above and below the screw drive.

underside_of_drac_(resized).jpg

I don't see how those would be for diffusing the light. I think you were right about them being there to prevent damage to the underside of the playfield.

Make sure the whole magnet mech is assembled tightly and isn't bent in any way.

#3247 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I don't see how those would be for diffusing the light. I think you were right about them being there to prevent damage to the underside of the playfield.
Make sure the whole magnet mech is assembled tightly and isn't bent in any way.

Agreed. Was going on memory and thought the inserts were between the plastics.

#3248 8 years ago

OK, just joined the club today, and ... mist does not work. Surprise!

Did a factory reset (Magnet faults were at 151), and the only errors at start up are 'Left Magnet Error' and 'Right Magnet Error'.

I do the Mist test. Unload test fine. Opto 1 test fine. Load test fine. Opto 2 test fine. Next test, magnet grabs ball, does not move, then drops it. In the schematic of the test, the whole time it says the magnet is in the middle, when it is sitting on the right. Motor activates, magnet does not move. Magnet grabs ball, but does not move. Magnet never moves in any part of the test, and always reads in the middle of the play field.

Any advice before I start tearing things apart?

#3250 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

OK, just joined the club today, and ... mist does not work. Surprise!
Did a factory reset (Magnet faults were at 151), and the only errors at start up are 'Left Magnet Error' and 'Right Magnet Error'.
I do the Mist test. Unload test fine. Opto 1 test fine. Load test fine. Opto 2 test fine. Next test, magnet grabs ball, does not move, then drops it. In the schematic of the test, the whole time it says the magnet is in the middle, when it is sitting on the right. Motor activates, magnet does not move. Magnet grabs ball, but does not move. Magnet never moves in any part of the test, and always reads in the middle of the play field.
Any advice before I start tearing things apart?

"in the middle of the playfield" simply means that neither the magnet left nor the magnet right switch are activated. Either one is malfunctioning or the motor isn't closing it, could be that simple.

Now the real problem is the fact that the magnet isn't moving at all. I gotta say I'm not familiar with that issue yet, so hopefully someone else will chime in. You may have a chewed up gear or maybe your screw drive got mangled somehow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
There are 11,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.