Topic Stats

• 16,882 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 minutes ago by Aflacjack
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,857 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16882 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 338.
#1951 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Neither. Just hook up an external powered subwoofer.

I thought about that and may try it but prefer the inline upgrade. I'm leaning FF 10" currently.

#1952 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I thought about that and may try it but prefer the inline upgrade. I'm leaning FF 10" currently.

The Polk psw10 hits so hard on met that sometimes I swear I feel my pants move from the bass!
For those of you with your minds in The gutter... I'm not talking about the crotch region of my pants

#1953 4 years ago

I did the full FF kit with 10" on my Premium, sounds great imo. Can't really do external subwoofer, my cats would chew the wires. Stupid cats.

One thing to watch for is the height of the subwoofer. On my Premium the slide rails were hitting the top of the woofer, the playfield couldn't close all the way, so I had to move one of them slightly. So if you have replaced the pegs on the Pro with slide rails you might have to adjust.

#1954 4 years ago

Understandable and great advice. Ill be doing the FF Upper speakers when I get back home. This game just begs to rock!

#1955 4 years ago

I have the FF speakers in the back box (big improvement) and the psw10 underneath... Amazing sound from this game now!

#1956 4 years ago

So i have finely got the chance to play a game. But more to test some things.

The slings were way overpowerd , so I put them down, the same for the eject holes. They were overpowerd, imo. Set the flipper coilpulse to soft, and can easily make both rampschots.
Think they could have been a little les powerfull, even on soft, but it have to break in..

The first I done was make an RICK style sparky anti airball protector....
(I had mailed him, but overseas shipping was too expensive, so he had no problem, and was willing to help, to create mine own)
Got some impact resist acryl sheet, and in an hour and a half I had an PERFECT sparky airbal protector.

So if there are any request,here near The Netherlands, I will make an couple of those. I think I have sheet left for 10pcs. But only if Rick cant send them due to shipping costs!

Well got a lot to do, but , things are moving!

#1957 4 years ago

Im ok with anyone making sparky plastics. I never wanted to have a mod side business. Just trying to help out fellow pinsiders.

So definitely cool with me if you wanna make some!

#1958 4 years ago

Thnx, we think the same.. it never hurts to help!

#1959 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

For those of you with your minds in The gutter... I'm not talking about the crotch region of my pants

I was thinking no such thing.

#1960 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

With the 10", you will need to move the right support bar over to clear the sub. It isn't hard, but I am not sure it is worth the effort over the 8".

#1961 4 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

With the 10", you will need to move the right support bar over to clear the sub. It isn't hard, but I am not sure it is worth the effort over the 8".

Odd, I have the 10" in my Lotr and my TFLE and did not need to move it.

#1962 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Odd, I have the 10" in my Lotr and my TFLE and did not need to move it.

That is for Metallica specifically. The right rail is mounted further towards the center on that game than on some of the others.

#1963 4 years ago

I want to install some stern service brackets on mine pro.
But there are no pre drilled holes. does anyone know where EXACTLY I need to drill the holes ??
Is there some one willing to help me ? Maybe willing to measure their premium / le model ? I do not have other stern pinballs to reference.

I would be very thankfully!

#1964 4 years ago

+1 we need this info for the pro slides

Here's a thread where the OP was pretty fired up and I feel just as strongly about slides. They shouldn't be optional as they are vital to proper service of the machine. Its sad to me that Stern doesn't think that and speaks volumes about how they care for their customers. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-pf-not-drilled-for-the-support-slide-bracket

#1965 4 years ago

I can take some under playfield shots of my met pro that i out service rails on if anyone is interested. I attached the bottom/trough side and then just kinda eyeballed it for where to out the middle playfield ones. It was very nerve wreking to drill the bottom of the playfield for sure. Thick wraps of tape on the drill bit so it was damn sure not gonna poke through. I dont thnk mine had dimples for where to drill

#1966 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Thick wraps of tape on the drill bit so it was damn sure not gonna poke through. I dont thnk mine had dimples for where to drill

Don't you drill threw and use t-nuts?

#1967 4 years ago

Best to only use a drill for pilot holes, then just make sure the wood screws are not too long as to come close to pushing through. My rails came with screws, but they were bigger than necessary and I used smaller ones.

#1968 4 years ago

Would be very thankfull. But can you (or someone with an le or pre)measure ? and with some pictures ?
Don't think only pics would make me feel comfy enough where to drill the holes.

You should expect that the pre /le versions has the same playfield layout, and shape. So imo, is there is one who's willing to measure the holes for the brackets are. We all are done.

So I think it its the easiest way is to measure from the side how far inwards it is,and then from top how far / deep we have to go down the playfield for each of the 4 holes.. (This for each side and each hole.)

Like this: X is hole. from edge of playfield to hole, and from top to playfield to hole.

-------->
..........|
..........|
..........|
..........X

#1969 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

No! Wood screws in the bottom of the pf, just big enough to hold the rails in place. There's not a lot of stress on the rails, you're just resting them on the lockbar receiver.

#1970 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

No! Wood screws in the bottom of the pf, just big enough to hold the rails in place. There's not a lot of stress on the rails, you're just resting them on the lockbar receiver.

Oh ya at the bottom side but isn't it tnuts on the trough side?

#1971 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Was this a serious question?

#1972 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Was this a serious question?

Actually that's a good question. I have a Refinery MET Pro with the clear red apron and my rails have T nuts put in from the top under the apron for the back bolts, one on either side of the T nuts that are attached on the underside of the pf that are used for the 2 hex stand offs used to attach the plastic apron. So those would be attached first and then the other screws positions would be marked on the other end, up pf where there is space available, small pilot hole drilled 1/4 inch deep and 1/2 inch screws attached.

So T nuts mounted from the top under the apron is the way to go, they will be rock solid and never come out.

#1973 4 years ago

Here's how I mounted mine. Rear mounting tabs of rails as far to the left and right as possible, fronts outwards as shown close to where the pegs were. You could use the peg holes if you wanted, just use a bolt and nut instead. Drilled pilot starting holes and then inserted wood screws just long enough to secure.

Pretty simple and straightforward, they don't need to be in any exact position as long as they rest evenly on the front of the machine.

Hope this helps.

IMG_1339.JPG IMG_1343.JPG IMG_1344.JPG
#1974 4 years ago

So the new machines don't even have the black playfield legs to rest playfield on cabinet anymore? Or did you just remove them to install these service brackets? Man what a shame, first they take away the nice back box lock and now no service brackets or stands? How am I supposed to justify spending the amount of money I am right now for a NIB led pro and they give you bare minimum stripped down games. Huh, even the knocker is gone. Maybe I'll keep my money instead this is f$&#in bullshit.

#1975 4 years ago

It came with the pegs, I removed them.

#1976 4 years ago

When I added service rails to IM, the holes for the t-nuts were already pre-drilled at the factory under the apron, so it was just a matter of putting the t-nuts in place. The bottom/back holes go wherever there is room, the above pic is a good reference. In fact you don't even have to remove the pegs to install the service rails, there is enough room.

Quoted from yuriijos:

So the new machines don't even have the black playfield legs to rest playfield on cabinet anymore? Or did you just remove them to install these service brackets? Man what a shame, first they take away the nice back box lock and now no service brackets or stands? How am I supposed to justify spending the amount of money I am right now for a NIB led pro and they give you bare minimum stripped down games. Huh, even the knocker is gone. Maybe I'll keep my money instead this is f$&#in bullshit.

All Pros ship with the black pegs. What's with the lock box lock missing? I'm also not aware of a pinball machine made in the past 15 years with a real knocker...

#1977 4 years ago

I know about the knocker not being made but why? Isn't that sound part of the nostalgic pinball madness, why take away an integral part of the game to save a few bucks. Oh I know why so they can bend me over after spending almost $5K on a new machine.

#1978 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I know about the knocker not being made but why? Isn't that sound part of the nostalgic pinball madness, why take away an integral part of the game to save a few bucks. Oh I know why so they can bend me over after spending almost $5K on a new machine.

I can see someone is in a bad mood tonight.

#1979 4 years ago

No not at all I'm actually quite psyched about getting this game, but I wish I could get more for my money as I'm sure you would like to too.

#1980 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

No not at all I'm actually quite psyched about getting this game, but I wish I could get more for my money as I'm sure you would like to too.

New? When ya gettin it? I sure would but not having a real knocker doesn't bother me.

#1981 4 years ago

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, just waiting for this particular dealer to work out a few details. Just trying to get as much info about this game as possible so I can justify spending almost $5K.

#1982 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Just trying to get as much info about this game as possible so I can justify spending almost $5K.

It's a lot of fun, feel better?

#1983 4 years ago

Not pinball related, necessarily, but Metallica related -- St. Anger completely re-recorded with a regular snare and normal production. Also somewhat shortened. It's pretty awesome.

#1984 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Not pinball related, necessarily, but Metallica related -- St. Anger completely re-recorded with a regular snare and normal production. Also somewhat shortened. It's pretty awesome.
» YouTube video

Sick! James wishes he sang that one as good. Still could use some solos. Oh and feel free to replace that POS Lars any day with this guy.

#1985 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Count your blessings... you could be spending $8k on WOZ, Hobbit to get a real knocker and service rails. Or $8k on a WOOLY, or $10k+ on MG, RAZA, AIW, etc. Or just get full featured Metallica Premium and call it a day.

#1986 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Count your blessings... you could be spending $8k on WOZ, Hobbit to get a real knocker and service rails. Or $8k on a WOOLY, or $10k+ on MG, RAZA, AIW, etc. Or just get full featured Metallica Premium and call it a day.

Yeah, 10 years from now we'll be talking of "the good old days" and the "remember when" days of 5k NIB games. So enjoy while we can.

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

» YouTube video

Metallica should follow suit and do this themselves. The drums sounded terrible and James' voice was trashed for the original recording of St. Anger. A redo would be welcome, some of the songs could be really good if remixed.

#1988 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah, 10 years from now we'll be talking of "the good old days" and the "remember when" days of 5k NIB games.

And everything they used to come with today.

#1989 4 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

Metallica should follow suit and do this themselves. The drums sounded terrible and James' voice was trashed for the original recording of St. Anger. A redo would be welcome, some of the songs could be really good if remixed.

To be honest the songs still suck. Yes the drumming is improved but still suckage. I'd rather they release Death Magnetic without the fucked distortion and no range on the recording. The best cut of that album is on Guitar Hero. Lol

#1990 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

And everything they used to come with today...

I don't think we'll really have to worry about that, heck they may even come up with something completely new to put on um....like they put a laser on Star Trek just as one example.

#1991 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

...like they put a laser on Star Trek just as one example.

Future warning sticker on a Stern.....

FrickinLaserBeams.jpeg
#1992 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

To be honest the songs still suck. Yes the drumming is improved but still suckage. I'd rather they release Death Magnetic without the fucked distortion and no range on the recording. The best cut of that album is on Guitar Hero. Lol

I disagree on the first part (at least a few of the songs could be good on St Anger if redone) but agree a better quality version of DM would be nice. My Apocalypse is a really good song, I wished Stern had put that one into the game. Once we get one more code update I may try to do that with the browser.

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

» YouTube video

Id never heard this before. Watched the first couple songs before i realized the drums, both guitars and the bass are all the same dude. Wow!

I always thought the audio from the live rehersals video that camewith st. Anger was beter than the studio track. I loaded it on my ipod and thats what i listen to when i want my st. Anger fix.

Is st. Anger as good as Master of Puppets... No. But i enjoy it every now and again. Some song layouts could be trimed (st anger, frantic). But i like the disc. Like the detuned guitars and the while disc not being the same tuning.

#1994 4 years ago

Just became a proud owner last night! Thanks lefttee! It was great meeting you!

IMG_20150117_083523_082.jpg

#1995 4 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Just became a proud owner last night! Thanks lefttee! It was great meeting you!

IMG_20150117_083523_082.jpg 128 KB

Thumbs up... Way up!

#1996 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

So ive been messing around with the GI on my met pro and wanted to go led, but keep it pretty much the same look. So i understand that the led stern met pros are using the warm white CT 2 led bulbs for GI. So i picked enough up for my machine. Mostly happy with it except for a few places.
There is a GI socket right above the left outlane that is blinding when its got the CT 2led in it. The plastic above it doesnt cover the bulb so its "staring you right in the face". I ended up putting a frosted CT warm white led in there.
Similar situation, although not as bad is the bulb under the right ramp near the bottom pop bumper and the end of the shooter lane. Normally its covered by the ramp, but if you lean over from center to the right it has direct line of sight for me (im 6 ft even). Did the same frosted trick on that socket too.
The sockets in the slings are also a tricky spot for me. The 2 leds seemed to wash out or make bright spots on the plastics. So tried warm white retro leds from CT. They work better, but have a slight green tinge to them that i dont really like. The frosteds just look funny and dont out out enough light in this position.
Any suggestions?

I wanted to keep the warm look on my pro also. I went with all CT warm frosteds for GI. I think the all cool white doubles they use from the factory are blinding. Took some getting used to playing a ST pro.

#1997 4 years ago

Do you think CT Retro whites would look good? I have a bundle of those in 44 already. Let me guess, The pros are using 555s in GI?

#1998 4 years ago
Quoted from psygho:

Well i finally have made mine decision!
Over an couple of hours, im joining the owners club! Got the classic one NIB. My first NIB.
(non ledded version), and for the 1/4 savings I just put mine own custum led kit in it!
And I did some good investments for what was left:
I ordered a sheet of non glare glass, 2 service brackets, and the new side rails with flipperbutton pretecton with it...
Have the green convelux set for the slingschots,and bought the Metallica "full armor kit" protection from Cliffy.(2 slot protectors, scoop, sidewall and ball eject)
Finaly a bought 8 new o-shiny balls from PBL...

Congrats. Great game. You're gonna love it.

#1999 4 years ago

Good point on the flipper protectors. Anyone recommend a pair of clear cling ones?

#2000 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Good point on the flipper protectors. Anyone recommend a pair of clear cling ones?

I bought the clear Mylar ones Pinball Life sells. They've worked fine so far!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 229.99
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Village, OH
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 93.00
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 35.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Machine - For Sale
Clearwater, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16882 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside