Topic Stats

• 17,315 posts
  • 965 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Rickwh
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,970 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200227_202455 (resized).jpg
Revised Met and ACDC (resized).JPG
5604FC66-21FD-4037-979A-9A312CCF88BF (resized).jpeg
7b90e534b777256547b4722d815653ea055e9f23 (resized).jpg
166933F3-6018-4FA9-977E-85D967C626A5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9571 (resized).JPG
IMG_9559 (resized).JPG
IMG_9562 (resized).JPG
20200205_182944 (resized).jpg
20200205_182932 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129202541 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204549 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204401 (resized).jpg
IMG20200129204337 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
043F87DF-794F-4F00-AE21-B51F6F34A971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnhotrod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 6 years ago

Ordered mine from JJ with a bank wire on Friday, machine shipped Monday from Nebraska, got it today.

Plan to place an order with PinballBulbs for LED's in the inserts and GI. Thinking about ordering a cliffy for the shooter lane. May order a sub. May order slide bars.

QUESTIONS:

#1: Are you leaving the manual stapled in place inside the cab? Or are you taking it out? Sucks that there is no manual online to reference.

#2: Anyone have quality issues with their game? Mine has messed up paint, below the speaker panel. The wood there looks like it fell onto a newspaper, then peeled off leaving a palm print on the other side.

#3: Are you guys applying mylar to the playfield below the ball drops? Seems odd that the game does not have this from the factory.

#4: Are you putting a cliffy in the shooter lane? Are you putting mylar under the cliffy?

#5: Are you putting LED's in your machine? Inserts and GI?

#6: Anyone adding a sub or Flipper Fidelity set up?

Demon per request:
IMG_4508.JPG

#130 6 years ago

Anybody have a Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro installed yet?

#173 6 years ago

Is it just me or do I need to move the posts in on the outlanes? I was able to put up some decent games at Mortimers. No dice at home.

#196 6 years ago

Can somebody tell me the part number for the led spotlight for Sparky? Mine is not working and I need to provide info to Stern for replacement. I do not have my manual handy.

#202 6 years ago

The manual must be incorrect. The bulbs for Sparky look like 5 head super brights.

#228 6 years ago

Has anyone installed a Cliffy protector yet in the shooter lane? I sent Cliff an email asking if the protector he sells for other Sterns will work in Metallica.

What other areas on the playfield have you protected and how?

#236 6 years ago

Shooter Lane Protection: The stock generic Cliffy protector will not fit without modification due to the wire guide near the eject shoot. Cliff is sending out a prototype shooter lane protector for test. I will post results when it arrives.

Mystery Scoop: Cliff is working on release of a protector. No ETA yet on completion.

#273 6 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I was having trouble getting the music, SFX and speech equalized. Never thought about going negative.

Quoted from swampfire:

Here's a tip: Music and Speech are both adjustable relative to SFX and each other.

1 week later
#392 6 years ago

I see that others are having issue with the Snake. Mine seems to be finicky. I thought the machine at Mortimers in Minneapolis was butter smooth. Need to spend some time at Mortimers and see if there is a big difference in feel for how well the Snake accepts the ball. It is not an easy shot at home like I thought it was at Mort's.

#399 6 years ago

Sweet, I did not look to see if the Snake had any adjustments. Will make some changes tonight and see if it helps.

Quoted from SteveP3:

Did you try the set screw for the lower jaw? I just adjusted mine a bit and it's better, still trying to find the optimal position. Mine shipped with the lower 'lip' too high.

#416 6 years ago

Anybody notice that Stern took Metallica code updates off their website?

#433 6 years ago

Cliff has been working on the mod so anyone can order without worry on fitment. He sent me a prototype last week. I'll check fitment tonight so this can become available direct thru Cliff's website.

Quoted from rockinganker:

I forgot to post the Cliffy mod.

#450 6 years ago

What and where are the adjustments for the Snake? I see a long screw below the snake under the playfield. What does that screw adjust? Is there an adjustment to aim where the ball goes when it ejects? Sorry if these are basic questions. I'm new to the hobby and this is my second game.

#451 6 years ago

Noticed this same thing and went looking for bad bulb.

Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Last bug I can remember right now is when grave multi ball is starting. All the inserts are doing their light show except one, the right target on sparky pointing to his right shoe. Thought I had an out bulb when I saw that but it was fine after and did the same thing next time on grave multiball.
Jim

#452 6 years ago

Just posting follow up from a previous post about some minor quality issues with my game. JJ at Game Exchange and Patrick at Stern jumped on my request quickly and wrapped up a solution today that will yield me a perfect game. Both of these guys have been easy to work with and deserve kudos for their support. Thank you JJ and Patrick! I also want to thank Jody at Stern for supporting the Pinball BBQ last month. I am new to pinball as of November and continue to be impressed with everyone involved in this small community.

Now off to help prep for the Metallica Launch Party tonight at Mortimers in Minneapolis. I'll be posting pics and video from the event here on Pinside and on Facebook.

Cheers,
Steve

1 year later
#1763 5 years ago

Has anyone added bulb sockets to a Pro in order to achieve GI similar to an LE?

#1765 5 years ago

Thanks for making these Rick. PM sent for Sparky Plastic.

#1791 5 years ago

What color Super-Bands are you guys running on your Met's? Pics please.

10 months later
#4905 4 years ago

Can someone with a Prem/LE can scan the art used on the apron plastics? I've had a Prem/LE style apron ready to install into my Pro for a year or two now and would love to get my hands on the art used in the apron plastics.

I can't be the only guy out there that wants to install this mod on my Pro. If someone has the art, please PM me.

met-le-left.jpg
met-le-right.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnhotrod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside