Topic Stats

• 16,980 posts
  • 953 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Sparky
  • Topic is favorited by 363 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,899 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

21605951-FC6C-4B9B-9720-ED1460A48346 (resized).jpeg
D9D40E77-D278-4838-8FF8-AB5B3F07BE52 (resized).jpeg
20191210_221341 (resized).jpg
20191210_221406 (resized).jpg
20191210_215854 (resized).jpg
B79AB09F-45D2-4E99-A0EE-A27A0139B943 (resized).jpeg
C6E859CB-68E8-45B0-9CF1-8E077B46D2D8 (resized).jpeg
72463592-DA55-4248-B3E2-4DE49A561B47 (resized).jpeg
ED8C25B9-270F-4103-9300-54B5BD3E20B2 (resized).jpeg
0F4786B6-5662-4609-8DE1-42934C8860A5 (resized).jpeg
D6016DC2-F081-4DAB-89EF-4E2EA627121B (resized).jpeg
4D4BCC10-A674-46F9-A4F5-C1C96862374F (resized).jpeg
0AF70FD9-9718-4A7B-9CA4-A221CE3FC8D7 (resized).jpeg
Capture.JPG
367860A4-9C68-4D81-BB79-1BC1FB21F38E (resized).jpeg
41F11C40-5421-4B13-A138-F7DCF0FAF3F8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

328 posts in this topic match your search for posts by sparky. You are on page 1 of 2.
#617 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I have a Pro. Anybody have an issue with the Mystery scoop not awarding? One in about every 20 shots to the lit scoop will result in the ball being ejected but the award not given. No big deal, just was confused that the ball gets ejected, so the game knows the ball is in there. Just doesn't always give the reward.

This might be a dumb question, but you're talking about not awarding when it's lit, right? If so, are you sure it's lit on those occasions?

#625 5 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I keep having the leds fall out of the spotlights attached to the slingshots, anyone have an easy fix for this?

Remove the spotlights. Run the harnesses under the playfield and put in red leds and use them to light the Mystery scoop and Fuel bar. That's what I did. I posted pics in either this thread or the MET mod thread.

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Why not simply put together a couple spots (from Marco or wherever) for under the PF and leave the upper spots working? Just solder them to any close GI connection.

I like the way the sling plastics and inlanes look without the spots, so instead of wasting two good spots with long leads, I used them under the FUEL bar and Mystery scoop.

BTW, since this pic was taken, I've switched to the SS boney flipper bats with orange rubber.

METLE No Spots.JPG

#631 5 years ago

Like these:

boney flippers.jpg

#633 5 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I copied you and removed the spots as well. I used them on the underside of the PF for the fuel stand ups (blue flex LED) and snake (green with cone). Makes for a much cleaner look. The sling spots are unnecessary. METLE already has spots in the apron.

...and I copied you with the boney flipper bats! That's actually your picture because I never took one of my own

1 week later
#643 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Crap. I like yours Sparky. That is more of a tricky place to install instead of my one sheet.

It was tricky, but mostly because I kept dropping and losing hex screws! If you can tape the gels together, it would probably be easier.

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Disabled the up post - YEE HAW!
Wow, I have never seen a ball go that fast around orbits on 2nd or 3rd revolution. Totally changes the game, for the better. It actually increases the draw of the skill shot by making you ease up on the plunger if you want to leave it in the pops.
Don't we all just want to pull back that plunger full way and let her rip, anyway?!? Now you can, plus the pin makes the "whoosh" sound when it hits the orbit. Advice to all: disable the up post. Happy holidays.

Super Skill Shot is more fun and awards more points.Even though you've disabled the post, you'll still need to hold the left flipper button before shooting to light the Super Skill shots.

1 month later
#706 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I got bored waiting for the code.

image-380.jpg 226 KB

Is that purple led bleeding through to the electric switch insert on the right orbit shot? If I get bleeding like that, I use "blinders" by cutting a small cardboard flap to shield the light. The boxes for Ziplock baggies and freezer bags is real thin and works great.

5 months later
#944 5 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Looks pretty cool. What's the run time of the video? Where did you install yours?

This sample plays around 15 minutes before it repeats. Tron and Avengers samples are around 60 minutes, and everything else is somewhere inbetween. I'll have instructions on the website in the near future on how to re-format and add your own video.

Don installed his over the Crank it Up plastic. I installed mine in the upper right corner on top of the ramp, but I might move it where Don has his. A pic of Don's install is below. Don MET.jpeg

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks for the confirmation!
Sanitarium just does not fit well in unforgivens slot nor is it a very good pinball song...

Shortest Straw works great in Unforgiven's spot. Sounds great at the end of the game, too.

#951 5 years ago

I replaced One with And Justice for All, and it doesn't skip anything at the beginning. It also works great on the ramps after spelling Metallica. It comes in during a guitar/drum riff that sets a good pinball pace and then gets more and more deliberate (slower) as the mode is finishing.

1 week later
#1026 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just put Sparky's MDM on my Refinery Pro. It's really neat.

Thanks for posting the pics, Paul! That's the third different install location, and I like it the best!

#1033 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Never mind, found your site. Will be getting one when I get home! Bad ass!!!

Yep. Plays video, not slide clips. Lots of other titles, too! www.sparkypinball.com

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Quick question if anyone could check for me; when your hammer locks, does the hammer stay down the whole time or does it kind of bounce up a bit then stay down? That make sense? So it hammers down bounces a hair up then stays down? I could have sworn earlier in the week when I played it just hammered down and stayed down so you couldn't see the release hole at anytime. Thoughts? Thanks

Mine has always bounced.

#1059 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So ya. Pinball browser is addicting. Here is what I know. Unforgiven and Sad but true have to go. And even though I like ride the lightning song, it's just not agreeing with me in the pin.

Here's the thing with RTL...It sucks the way they have the Sparky multiball starting 3:30ish into the song with a guitar solo...but I found a way to get it to start from the beginning, and it sounds GREAT!

Replace RTL with anything you want (I replaced it with Four Horsemen).

Replace Creeping Death with RTL. Now choose in the settings for CD (RTL) to only play during Sparky Multiball. Since the sound request for CD plays from the beginning, RTL will play from the beginning.

You lose CD, but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make. If you really want to keep CD, replace one of the other songs with CD to get it back in.

I've posted this before, but here's my changes:

Unforgiven > Shortest Straw
Sad But True > Am I Evil?
One > And Justice for All
RTL > Four Horsemen
CD > RTL
Changed a random match call out > my daughter saying in a worried voice, "Mommy, where's Fluffy?"
Changed a random flipper button attract call out > my daugher saying, "Now I lay me down to sleep" with Enter Sandman guitar riff behind her.

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey thanks for the info! I may just try that!

In my example for playing RTL, because I've change the song title text, my choices in the settings for Sparky multiball are Four Horsemen and RTL. Since RTL is in the CD spot, you would be selecting correctly by selecting RTL.

#1063 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Got it. I think I'm gonna give that a shot today. Gonna try using and justice for all in ONEs spot too as you suggested. Does the lady justice ramps still make the ONE double bass/guitar riff on made shots? I think it's a separate sound bit than the song?

I would think the made shots sounds are still the same because they're independent of the music. Lady Justice mode would play "AJFA" in the same time spot as "One" did, which I believe starts about 3/4 of the way through the song. It's very fitting for the mode because it's a music only section of the song that starts to slow its pace as the mode starts to end.

I sent you a PM. I'll be home for another 45 mintues.

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Pinball Browser update:
Sparky rocks!!!! His song recommendations are perfect...Thanks sparky for the song help!

Glad it worked out for you! Now let's work on getting some MDM's in your METLE and ST!

#1075 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sure, here ya go.

Yep, I'm definitely moving mine to that spot!

1 month later
#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I'am not hearing any songs at the end of games, it does its light show and that's it.
It plays the whole song of Unforgiven?

Only about 10 secs of an Unforgiven riff after the match.

1 week later
#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Hi guys, loving this great game.
I have noticed my last two games the ball has gotten stuck/hung up on the snake jaw and the stand up target next to it. A shake of the machine would not release it, always have to slide the glass and free it with a finger. It never did this before, and nothing looks as its out of adjustment. Kinda weird it JUST started doing this. It did it only 3 times, all 3 and my last two games, and I played 7 altogether last night. Snake was adjusted by distributuor when I bought it new and had other things put on. Had machine since 2nd of July.

Has your standup target moved a little to the left, or is it aligned straight up and down? Mezelmods recently started selling standup splints to prevent standup targets from moving. This is a common problem where the target moves and partially blocks certain shots.

http://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints

#1408 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

No, it hasn't moved none. I was thinking that as well, but its still the same. It is abit over toward the right to clear for snake shot, has always been like this. Just weird it started doing this, never a problem with stuck ball there. I do have to change the setting where you get the ball back if you have to pull the glass. My wife finally made it to her first CIU mode, and then it got stuck, ball 3 to, ended her game, she was pissed. She tried rocking the machine side to side, but it wouldn't release. I really didn't like seeing the machine on 2 legs back and forth, I guess it did no harm, game didn't tilt, just DANGER kept coming on. What do you do when a stuck ball occurs on any machione shake the machine or just open up the glass to release ball?

Step 1) Shake
Step 2) If step 1 doesn't work, remove glass
Step 3) If it keeps happening, figure out what's causing it and find a fix.

I was getting a ball stuck to the left of the far left pop lane. I could usually jiggle it loose, but it bugged me, so I changed to another size rubber post ring, and it's never stopped there again.

I was also getting balls stuck on the front lip of the snake. A jiggle would sometimes release it, but sometimes I had to shake pretty hard. I shimmed the snake assembly from underneath with washers to drop the snake jaw a little, and it doesn't do it as much anymore, but it still does once in a while.

#1412 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Heres some pic's. Where the black " X " is, that's where the ball gets hung up.

Can you put a different style or larger rubber post ring on that post behind the standup?

1 month later
#1773 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, I installed the Fuel backing lights from Mezelmods. Now here's the problem:

I removed both spotlights on the slings, and I re-ran the harness underneath to the Fuel bar. I removed the spotlight shield and installed a flex red. The sling spotlight on the right I re-ran to the Mystery scoop underneath. I don't miss the spotlights on the slings at all. In fact, I was tired of them getting knocked around, and I like the view of the inlane/outlanes better, too!

FUEL Bar Light Underneath.jpgMETLE No Spots.JPGSpotlight FUEL.JPGSpotlight Scoop.JPG

1 month later
1 week later
#2223 4 years ago

I have a METLE, and I love how the inserts light different colors for the Super Skill (yellow), combos (red), Lady Justice mode (pink), after CIU (orange), and a few others (blue and purple?).

I'm just curious how the Pro indicates these modes or scoring opportunities. Do they just blink white?

1 week later
#2264 4 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

I have a CIU mode specific question. When playing For Whom the Bell Tolls, there is always one column of blinking snake/elec chair/coffin inserts flashing during the mode. If you hit the column, sometimes it moves to a different column, and sometimes it doesn't and needs to be hit again. Just wondering what/why this is taking place?
Thanks

When I was playing this mode last night, I noticed this, too, but I thought they were all blinking with one spider insert blinking. I noticed that when you hit any of the shots, one of the three inserts turns solid. I hit a couple of the lanes so that all three were solid, but I lost the ball before completing them all or hitting Mystery.

#2265 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

When I was playing this mode last night, I noticed this, too, but I thought they were all blinking with one spider insert blinking. I noticed that when you hit any of the shots, one of the three inserts turns solid. I hit a couple of the lanes so that all three were solid, but I lost the ball before completing them all or hitting Mystery.

Checked FWTBT mode again tonight. No spider insert unless it's a red combo. All three crosses blink on all 5 lanes and go solid when the lane is shot/made. Snake then blinks on the lanes where the cross is solid. If a snake is made, the chair insert blinks. Once all 5 lanes are complete (each lane three times), 25mil is awarded on the last shot.

#2267 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Also, each time you either complete a shot column(cross, snake, chair on a particular shot) or a shot row(ex. crosses on all 5 shots or snakes on all 5 shots) the jackpots is awarded at double. The last jackpot you make to complete all the shots is awarded at 4x because you are completing a column and a row with one shot. The individual jackpots are worth 1.8M and the double jackpots are worth about 3.6M. I say about because each jackpot you make, the next one goes up by 5K points. If you complete this mode by collecting at the scoop, even without any playfield 2x, it is worth about 149M! Can be worth about 56M more if you get 2x off the piston target right before collecting at the scoop. I know that most tourney players seem to go for Fade to Black, but For Whom the Bell Tolls is my go to CIU mode.

One thing I'm confused about is when the mode is over, and all those lanes are lit orange. Each one you hit, the orange disappears, but doesn't seem to award much. If you hit them all, what happens? I made them all disappear, but didn't notice anything. Also, I had to hit the piston instert three times before it disappeared. ?

#2275 4 years ago

Last night I focused on getting to CIU and choosing FWTBT. I'm not that great of a player, so it took me a few games to get there, but when I did, I focused on completing each lane three times before collecting the jackpot at the Mystery scoop. I was able to accomplish this, and I believe the jackpot was a little over 100mil. The total points awarded for FWTBT was actually 200mil. I didn't realize this until the ball ended and the bonus numbers flashed between balls. I also put my initials in for FWTBT high score, and it confirmed over 200mil. My total score overall was a little over 300mil. I noticed after I finished FWTBT and collected, the inserts did not turn orange. Is this because I completed it?

#2283 4 years ago

Not on MET, but on a few of my other games, I cut a piece of colored gel paper to "shield" the light. I don't have pics now, but maybe later today.

1 week later
#2345 4 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

... so I was hoping someone out there can actually tell me how I got there ,and what I need to get there again...

You started Crank It Up. The first time you start CIU, you have a choice of four different songs (modes). There are lots of points in these modes, especially if you can complete one and collect the jackpot before the song ends.

You got there by collecting crosses, electric switches, snakes, and coffins. Coffins you actually have to hit the captive ball every time. Crosses, electric switches, and snakes can be collected by either hitting the actual toys or the inserts that are lit for those items. Once you've collected enough for a certain item, the big inserts between the slings will light. When all four are lit, CIU will be ready to start at the Mystery hole.

I've seen a lot of guys talk about "bashing" over and over to get to CIU, and Sparky being a dangerous, unpredictable shot, but if you get some inserts lit on orbits, ramps, or drop targets, you can focus on those shots to progress toward CIU instead of bashing the toys. It's also a good strategy to purposefully not start Seek and Destroy (completing the inserts for all five lanes) because that will make it more difficult to start your next CIU because you'll need to relight the inserts.

When I progress toward CIU, I try to light all the drop inserts, and all or most of the inserts on either the left orbit or left ramp, but not both. I also try to light all the inserts on either the right ramp or right orbit, but not both. To do this, I only need to hit Sparky and the snake on purpose three or four times each. I then focus on those lanes/ramps to progress toward CIU instead of the toys. Once I collect enough crosses, snakes, and electric chairs for CIU, I focus on bashing the captive ball. At this point in the game, I've probably already hit the captive ball a few times, so it usually only takes a few more hits. If the ball passes over the inlanes, and then you hit the captive ball, it will award two coffin hits toward CIU, so it doesn't take long to light the coffin insert for CIU.

If you complete a CIU mode, and then collect the jackpot at the Mystery scoop, you can rack up big, big points! My highest score for a single mode is over 200mil on For Whom the Bell Tolls (hit each of the five lanes three times, and hit Sparky, captive ball, and snake at least once before collecting the jackpot at the Mystery scoop (you'll automatically qualify the cross when you complete that lane during the mode).

Hope that helps!

#2348 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

So what should I do?

Focus on something other than your score, like combos. Treat each game like Pin-golf: set a goal, and see how many balls it takes to reach it.

#2366 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

scoring is all about fuel mode going then enter CIU. yesterday I played a long game, 3 sparkeys, 1 coffin, 1 graveyard, 1 snake, started seek and destroy into CIU enter sandman, and could put up only 160 mil. I can't break 200 anymore unless I start fuel before going into a CIU song. So much chopping wood, and if you dont' hit your CIU and/or close them out your toast. the staking features in this game are just fantastic.

I don't see it this way. Getting to CIU as quickly as possible has the quickest potential for points. I also don't see getting there as chopping wood. You don't have to bash toys over and over if you get inserts completed on a few ramps and orbits. Starting graveyard mb will probably happen in the process, but progressing toward CIU through ramps, orbits, and the drop targets will get you there pretty quickly.

#2368 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

agreed, when I can get to 3 CIU songs (most I've made), I score highest. I seem to play for MB modes even when CIU is lit, because I'd like to at somepoint get to Sparky SUPER JACKPOTS (hit 8? sparky super jackpots to light?), and I'd like to get to a second coffin MB at somepoint.
having lady justice going, seek and destroy started, with fuel, and going into CIU is the BOSS stack

I hold off on starting seek and destroy as long as possible because it makes starting the next CIU happen a lot more quickly.

#2398 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Saw this Fuel target setup on the Pinball Revolution site. Anyone know anything about it?

That's what comes on all Prem/LE models.

#2404 4 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

Would love to swap to the single target (then again might be fun to have a custom single target made)
Btw, I'm wanting to move the spot lights of the slingshots and move them under the playfield, can anyone give me some tips on how to do that? I know on page 36 there's a set of photos showing how someone moved them but I'm just looking for specifically how to remove the spotlight housing from the wiring without damaging it so it'll fit through the hole (oor can I undo the wiring underneath and pull it from below then rewire from underneath?

That was my post and pics on page 36, and it's just like Rickwh describes. Unplug the z-connector and pull the harness up through the playfield. I took the spot shields off and used red flex leds for under the Fuel bar and Mystery scoop. I see that I didn't post a pic of under the scoop. I had to add a plastic spacer and longer screw around 1" to get the led in the right position for the scoop.

#2406 4 years ago

Here I've added the pic of the led on the Mystery scoop with the spacer circled in yellow. I've also added pics again of the Fuel bar from underneath, as well as the others, so people don't have to search back to page 36.

I also noticed how old these pics are. I now have colored gel paper under the FUEL inserts and Fuel gauge, boney flippers, TFTC eyeball standup target behind the Fuel bar, and of course a micro display mod over the Mystery scoop

Scoop Light Underneath with circle.jpg

FUEL Bar Light Underneath small.jpg

METLE No spots.jpg

Mystery scoop LED.jpg

Fuel Bar LED.jpg

#2408 4 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

Thanks sparky I originally saw your pics and was inspired to do the same. how does the spot light cone come off ? (Also thanks guys for the help)
Will post pics later today of my progress

There are teeth or hooks that snap onto the socket. Take a small screwdriver and gently pry one side off the socket, and then the other. To get them back on a socket, they just snap on.

Spot Shield small.jpg

#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

So the 2 lights under the mystery scoop and fuel targets replace the spot lights?

On my machine, yes. The spot lights over the slings have been re-routed under the playfield to the Mystery Scoop and Fuel targets as shown in the pics.

1 week later
#2460 4 years ago

I still think a Napster (Shawn Fanning) version of Sparky would be cool.

Shawn fanning Sparky.jpg

#2474 4 years ago

The last two times I've had Graveyard MB Super Jackpot lit, this has happened. Two soft, left-flipper backhands in a row. Ooops!

Graveyard MB Stuck.jpg

#2476 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That sucks. I've had it happen several times too. Feel screwed when it happens but then I realize it was my fault for shooting weak balls up there.
P.S. - Put a 3 light LED strip under the plastic on the left of that lane. You'll thank me later as it looks like they missed something by not putting GI there.
IMG_6127.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

When I first got the game, I kept thinking I had an LED out

#2510 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Great post, thanks.
OK, so, I follow the blue arror...I light all the items (snake, cross, electric/switch) and the whole thing kind of pulsates with the blue arrow staying on the area where I've lit all those on (lets say, the grave marker area)...What are you supposed to do then? Shouldnt the blue arrow move to another area? It moves around UNTIL I've lit all the targets for a particular area..Thanks for the help!

When a row is all lit and blinking, you hit the captive ball/Hammer, which should also be glowing. I don't know how much time they give you, but it's kind of a hurry up. When you hit the captive ball/Hammer, the blinking lane/ramp will go solid, and it's one step out of five toward S & D. It's better not to start S & D before CIU because all the inserts you have lit count toward CIU. Once you start S & D, all those lit inserts disappear. When you finish your first CIU, you can continue to shoot for lanes/ramps toward your next CIU, instead of the more dangerous/unpredictable toys.

1 week later
#2786 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The key to big scores is getting one or more hurry-up shots completed on the first ball. Now those shots remain completed for the rest of the game, helping you build towards multiple CIU modes.

Those shots will only remain completed if you don't start Seek and Destroy. All those inserts reset once S&D is started, so if you're trying for your second, third, and fourth CIU, it's best to avoid S&D, if possible.

#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

I'm trying on the laserific flipper toppers. Only a few bucks, I figured I would try them out. Not completely sold but they might grow on me...

20150420_201217.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I like using the SS boney flippers. A little more expensive (around $25 at Pinball Life), but I think they fit the theme and that area perfectly.

boney flippers.jpg

#2831 4 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

I had a good game last of the night yesterday. My son and I had a debate about it this morning on the way taking him to school. I'm on ball 3 just finished my second sparky multiball. I have snake and graveyard multiball lit to start plus crank it up. I choose crank it up make it half way through the mode and drain. Game over, he said I should of went for the mutliballs and not crank it up. What would have you done? I was trying for the big points, or should I have played it safe and just went for the multi? Damn, I love this game so many ways to attack it.

Ever since I got 200mil from one CIU mode (FWTBT), I always play toward starting CIU. The only MB that usually gets started in the process is graveyard, and it usually starts a couple of times.

#2841 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yeah for sure. I want to have the protection around the flipper button and these look great. Curious though on color options?

Weren't these only made in the silver speckle for the LE's? There aren't other color options out there, are there?

Otherwise, the standard black guard rails are $60 at Pinball Life.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya I need those standard stern ones for a few games, but the Metallica custom one looks great. And as seen below looks to be black and silver only. Silver looks good, but purple or green to match the game loook good too.

Raw is a choice. You could then have them powder coated purple or green.

#2846 4 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Embarrassingly-I didn't even ask. Just saw the pic and thought they looked fantastic. Figured they wouldn't be crazy expensive, but someone else who already purchased a set might be able to let us know.

Scroll up a few posts

#2852 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Glad you used TRON as an example. My wife HATED TRON because of the difficulty and lack of "stuff" going on. There is a profanity filter, yes? Being able to turn that off for when people have kids over is important...

I think there are three levels of language filter: family friendly, beeps, unfiltered.

#2862 4 years ago

With all the new owners posting in this thread lately, these micro display mods are available. This example is installed in the back right corner, but most customers have installed over the Mystery Scoop. I've moved mine there, as well.

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Not as stupid as Blackened is to start.....
Rob

I never realize how close I am to starting Blackened, but if I'm having a long game, it usually starts when I'm in the middle of something else. Half the time I don't even realize it's started unless I hear a horse whinny. It always makes me think, "Yep, I've been bricking a lot of my shots." I still wish they had made that "The Four Horsemen" instead of Blackened. I would change the song, but the DMD animation calls it Blackened. I do have TFH swapped out with another song, but not tied to any mode.

Quoted from cscmtp:

Does everyone's machine have your ball come out of the scoop hole, hit the left slingshot or flipper and then go down the right outlane like almost every time?

Mine never hits the sling. Always the left flipper, and most of the time I can either catch it or send it up the left inlanes and back down to the flipper. If I miss the catch, it will bounce across to the right sling. I can usually catch the snake kickout in the same way.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is there a thread detailing how to replace the songs I don't want/like?

I love that this exists! I've played around with several different song replacements over the last two years, and I think it's time to mix it up again. I had "My Apocolypse" in at one point, and I really miss that as one of my choices. Maybe this summer when I have a little more time.

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That was the plan (see DMD animation) but then that whole "fan vote" thing happened, and they had to change the songs. I don't mind since Blackened is my favorite track from And Justice.

Yeah, I knew that was the plan, I just wish they had carried it out. If I remember the fan vote results correctly, "TFH" finished right behind Blackened and RTL? RTL made sense because everyone felt it needed to be attached to Sparky MB, so it got the votes. I don't think anyone knew the second song we were voting on would be attached to animation and sounds involving four horses.

#2926 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

There was (is?) also supposed to be a Death Magnetic song for coffin MB to my knowledge. Using FWTBT for two modes (Coffin and CIU) is kinda disappointing. All Nightmare Long would be fantastic for Coffin MB imo.

I think Borg discussed the Death Magnetic song on a podcast, but the voting might have changed those plans.

#2932 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

In jukebox mode there is a blank station (I think). And room for a ton more songs!

I don't usually play the jukebox mode. Is "End of the Line" available in the jukebox? If not, that might be why there's a blank station?

I just checked an old thread about Metallica music changes, and Borg mentioning three songs on the podcast is talked about in that thread. That thread is over a year old.

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't see another song being added now. That's a $$ thing, doubt they could get it for free.
Honestly my only real complaint about the code is that you get "punished" for getting to Seek and Destroy. The completed shots are so valuable for getting to CIU, which is the meat of the scoring, that you feel kind of stupid starting it. Wish there was a clever solution for that.

I kind of like this strategy, though. Trying NOT to hit shots is as much of a challenge as hitting shots.

I'm not sure if any pinball machines rules incorporate this or not, but I've always thought it would be cool to have a shot that instantly ends a mode, subtracts points from your score, or causes instant dead flippers to end a mb (not timed, like LITZ). It could then feed the ball back to the shooter lane, but MB is ended.

#3001 4 years ago
Quoted from msarac:

Hit each shot to un-light that insert, and once all 6 are out the CIU will relight. Hit the Mystery scoop to be awarded ~25% of your CIU jackpot value. i.e. 40mil CIU jackpot = 10mil collect. Rinse and repeat until you lose that ball. Not sure if there is a limit on how many times you can collect.

Does that ~25% count toward the mode total when entering your initials? When I finished FWTBT, I could have sworn it said my total was 160mil, but at the end of the game I put my initials in for FWTBT champ at 200mil.

#3030 4 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Does anyone have a quick list of songs that are not tied to modes? What are the safe songs to swap?

You can swap out the songs attached to the multiballs, too. I swapped out the following on my current code:

One>...And Justice for All (plays during Coffin MB and Lady Justice)
SBT>Am I Evil? (plays during Snake MB)
CD>RTL and RTL>Four Horseman (I choose to play only RTL during Sparky mb, but because it's in the CD spot, it plays from the beginning; for some reason the RTL request for sparky mb has the song starting during a guitar sol, and I didn't like that; now RTL plays from the beginning of Sparky mb, and it sounds great!).
Unforgiven>Shortest Straw (also plays short riff after match)

#3038 4 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

I installed this one. Not Mantis, but similar in design. I had one on my Star Trek Pro and it did well on route. Also installed it on my AC/DC Prem.
ebay.com link » Stern Metallica Pinball Mystery Hole Protector By Pin Protection Com

That's the one I have used for two years. No sign of wear.

#3096 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Broke 100m after a TERRIBLE ball 1 (like 900k).
I'm having trouble hitting the grave markers. They're SO dangerous, even from the left flipper.
Questions!
The snake is a bit confusing to me. How do I start Snake Multiball? And when it comes to progress towards CIU, is it only hitting the snake scoop that counts, or can I hit any lane that has been lit for snakes?
Speaking of lit lanes, how does that work for grave markers? If the left loop is hit, when I hit a grave marker, does it light the grave marker for the left loop but then make the grave shot my active shot?
Oh and on the subject of active shots, what happens if I hit the active shot twice in a row? Does it just count towards combos?

On the premium/LE, starting snake mb is simply making it in the mouth x amont of times, depending on your settings. I would think it's the same for the pro. You don't have to hit the snake to advance toward ciu. Any lit snake insert works. Same for the electric switch and cross. The coffin is the only toy you have to hit every time to advance toward ciu. If you hit an active shot twice in a row, it just keeps it active.

#3152 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Loaded and heading home.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

And you recorded a One and Done podcast while you were driving home? Yes? Yes?

#3160 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I told Nate this form c2c...I've listened to a handful of your podcasts and get this feeling that we've talked shop a bunch and are friends...but...you have never spoken to me and I now feel like a weird stalker......I like the way you talk...on the podcast....annnd I'm done being creepy
You are a joy to listen to. I'll have to queue some up on my drive this weekend. I hear your stories and it reminds me of the few I've had...and makes me wish I had a buddy or more money to make more trips

What am I? Chopped liver? You skip over my One and Dones?

#3164 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Haha Sparky we all know you are the real star! We should get together and do an episode together sometime.....and damn we somehow hijacked an awesome Metallica thread with talk of our mediocre podcast.

Funny, I was just thinking about this the other day while listening to Taylor's One and Done. I've only done Skype once, with Charlie on the Spooky Pinball podcast, but he did the recording for both of us on his end. PM if you know how to make it happen

#3238 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

WTF! My brand new game is dead in the water. No coils or flashers are working. Playing a game and all of a sudden flippers go dead ball drains and no ball kick out. Go into coil test and none of my coils are working. The voltage cut off switch at coin door is working. Got to be a fuse somewhere, none in the back box appear to be blown, are there more in the cabinet and where? This sucks!

Call 1-800-kickers. That's Stern's service hotline. Chaz will tell you exactly what to do to troubleshoot and fix.

#3259 4 years ago

I am thinking about selling my METLE and picking up the led pro. Stern site says they're sold out. Do distributors still have them? I wouldn't be able to order until the METLE sold, so it probably wouldn't be until PAGG in a few weeks. Did I miss the boat? If these aren't available, I'll hang onto the METLE.

#3305 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Cutting the hole in the mylar to fit around the magnet is ridiculously difficult. Although I can tell you, the magnet is almost EXACTLY the same diameter as a nickel. So you can trace that onto the magnet and cut that. Just annoying overall.

Wouldn't it be easier to put the mylar on without cutting, and then use an exacto to cut around it and remove the center? I've done that with other magnet games.

#3312 4 years ago

Do all the Met Pro LED's have the artwork on the speaker panel that matches the cab? All the pro leds shown on distrib websites show the black speaker panel, which I'm assuming is stock photos from Stern of the old pro.

#3317 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For coffin - Try focusing on hitting the captive ball after an inlane is scored. This lights double count towards coffin for a couple of seconds. Doing this you should see coffin much more often.
Snakes another story. I don't find snake MB all that lucrative anyways but coffin is a great MB as you can progress towards other MB and even stack one other in during coffin.

I thought the inlane double count on coffin was only toward CIU. I think you still have to hit it the required amount for MB. Can someone confirm?

#3322 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

No, the double coffin shots absolutely count towards coffin locks as well. Also, you can progress to a coffin lock during a MB, you just can't actually get a lock until the MB is over. As far as hitting coffin from an inlane, try hitting super early from the right inlane. At first I didn't think it was doable but now I hit that shot all the time.

Nope, I just checked with the glass off and checked status after each hit. Going down the inlanes, hits toward multiball only count as one, but hits toward CIU count as two. It took five hits to light lock when going down the inlanes. It deducted 10 hits toward CIU.

I've never had a problem hitting coffin from the right flipper. In fact, I even get ricochets into the snake mouth when hitting the hammer block (METLE). I can also backhand the right ramp from the right flipper!

#3334 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I want to change a few songs using the pinball browser and have a few questions besides how you actually do it. Once you replace a track, does it automatically change places in the game that used that track. For example at the end of the game I believe it plays Unforgiven, so if you change that song will it also change that part in the game or do you have to replace that too? If you change Fade To Black will it also change it in crank it up? I think I really want to incorporate Shortest Straw, No Remorse, and Damage Inc. if I can. Anybody have experience with any of these changes? Thanks.

You find the longest request of the song and replace it. All instances of the song will be replaced, including your example of Unforgiven at the end of the game. Same with Fade to Black in CIU.

However, it won't replace James saying, "Fade to Black" when the mode starts or any other call outs related to the song you replaced. You can change the text in the song choice menu, but any animations that have the old song title will remain, (there's a way to change those, too, but that's above my payscale ).

The one thing you can't change is the time slot for the original song. For example, if Sad But True plays for 5:23, the replacement song must be 5:23. If it's shorter, there will be dead air until 5:23 is up, and then it will start over. If it's longer, it will suddenly cut off to start over. You can edit your replacement songs by fading out to make them fit, and it will provide a smooth transition when the song starts over. If a song is too short, you can edit in a guitar solo or something from another song as "filler." I use Audacity to do all that editing.

Shortest Straw is a great replacement for Unforgiven because they are both almost exactly the same length. The riff at the end of the game sounds better, as well.

A lot of Metallica songs, like Damage Inc. have long, slow intros that you may want to consider editing. Damage Inc. doesn't get going until about 1:20. That's a long time of playing pinball without really hearing any music.

#3370 4 years ago

So I thought I read somewhere in this thread that the last run of MET Pro LED's was the last. Did I jump to an incorrect conclusion?

I'm getting ready to bring my METLE to PAGG next weekend to sell in order to buy the pro LED, but I wanted to make sure they would still be available. The extremely reputable distrib I contacted gave me a price for "the current run" and a lower price if I pre-pay for "the next run." I asked if there was going to be a next run, and he said, "Supposed to be by the end of the month, but with the move who knows? If your METLE sells at PAGG, I'd pre-pay right away, as the next run is almost sold out."

Anyone else hear there would be more runs?

#3374 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Give Melissa at cointaker a call and ask

Done. Thanks!

#3378 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What did she say!? Besides best place to buy from

Regarding availability...Stern is doing another run, but the allotment for this future run is already sold out to distribs. Whether the distribs are sold out or not, I'm not sure.

I was asked by Melissa to not discuss pricing.

#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Reseated black and red connector. I saw a thread about some flickering g. I. Due to this connector. Still nothing. Have to go to work but will try to switch boards. Pinball life has them for around $100.00 if it is bad.

Mark, call 1-800-kickers and talk to Chaz at Stern. Take all the guess-work out of it.

#3446 4 years ago

Check to see if any wires are getting pinched or rubbing on the support rails as you raise/lower. Especially way in the back corners.

1 week later
#3540 4 years ago

I sold my METLE at PAGG this last weekend. The buyer expressed interest as I was loading in Thursday night, and then he made the decision with his wife after about an hour after the show started on Friday. I was happy they left it on the show floor all weekend!

I was in on the pre-order three years ago, but I felt it was time to take the value difference between the LE and the Pro LED. I placed my order with Cointaker yesterday, and it should be delivered by this weekend!

#3573 4 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

sorry for the repost Im just seeing if anybody knowshow to help with this.
the inline drop target bank of my Metallica. During the game, the drop targets will reset spontaneous three times straight, without any reason
» YouTube video

The game thinks they're down. Have you gone into switch test to see if if they're registering correctly when they are up and registering correctly when they're down?

1 week later
#3604 4 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

I don't think you can from Stern. I'm sure some distro out there somewhere has one.

I think Sturner probably meant through distributors, since Stern never sells direct.

#3609 4 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Yes sorry, I meant through a distributor. I found some who have Pros but none with a Premium (Monsters). If I can't find one, I'll probably just grab a Pro. Sounds like it's one of the best Pros they've ever made.

I wouldn't gamble on how many more runs they might do. As soon as they end, you'll pay more for a used one, especially since most guys add a couple hundred or more in mods, powder coating, etc.

#3622 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

It seems like a really fun way to go about things when you get bored of smacking Sparky over and over for multiball.

You make it sound like bashing Sparky is the only thing going on in this game.

#3630 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

So I just installed Sparky's mini Lcd, it is just awesome and a must have mod. image.jpg image.jpg I cant thank Sparky enough for making this pin even better.
Harley D.

Hey Harley, I just put 2 and 2 together and realized you operate the games at Fannie Ann's? Is this a different MET than the one you have there? I haven't been there since you started operating, but I was always disappointed with the condition of the games before you took over. I hear you're doing a great job with them!

1 week later
#3688 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

If there was one more update what would you guys like to see?
For me seek and destroy should be tweaked so that it doesn't hinder crank it up qualifying progress.
I also wish that they'd implement the original vision for unique modes for each band member. This is a big ask though.
The spinners seem under utilized as does blowing up Pistons.

I'm not sure how they could tweak S&D to not hinder CIU progress. Once S&D is started, it means all three inserts in all five lanes was completed. If it doesn't "clear," then every shot except the picks, FUEL, and Mystery would count toward CIU progress. You also wouldn't be able to start S&D again if it didn't clear. Maybe have a setting where it doesn't clear until after the second CIU mode is started?

I would also like to see unique modes for each band member. It's kind of weird when one of them says, "Hey, my mode just started," but the only thing that happens is the pick insert lights by the name. Maybe four unique hurry-ups for each band member?

I sold my METLE for the Pro LED, so the spinner rules don't apply to me anymore.

I would like to see them keep the song "Blackened" but add the song "The Four Horsemen" and make that the mode it was supposed to be.

I would like to have "Ride the Lightning" start from the beginning of the song on Sparky Multiball instead of a guitar solo 1/3 of the way through (I fixed this through Pinball Browser, but it would still be nice if they fixed it).

#3689 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Also, anyone that has one. How's it holding up? Any regrets with going with it?

I had this style on my METLE for three years, and no sign of wear when I sold it. I bought this same style again for my Pro LED.

#3698 4 years ago

Who sells the eyeball decal for the coffin lock indicator on the pro?

#3774 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Guys I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've had this issue from day one with my Met Prem and I guess I'm just not smart enough to know how to fix it. My very left outlane constantly traps the ball (about where the last of the 3 stand up targets is, but of course to the left of those targets in the outlane) Unless the ball is just FLYING it gets stopped there every time and I have to take the glass off and push on the metal railing to get it to release the ball. How can I fix this or is this a defect since it was like this new out of the box? Any suggestions/tips are greatly appreciated!!!

I think you mean left orbit, not left outlane. The outlanes are where your ball drains on the outside.

My ball was getting stuck in the left orbit, as well. I simply pushed on the wireguide in that area, and it hasn't gotten stuck again since. I've only played about five games since then, so we'll see if that was the solution.

2 weeks later
#3940 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

additional things to consider:
tim mezel offers some nice 3D printed stand-up target splints that keep the targets from bending backwards (which eventually lead to "air balls") and bases for those spot lights to sit in so that the metal hex posts do not tear up the sling plastics
on a lighter note, blackened and S&D coloring is looking great mike!

Many more additional things to consider. Guys can pick and choose how far they want to go with it:

ColorDMD
Light-up flipper buttons
Speaker light kit with optional acrylics
eject protector
launch lane protector
color gels for FUEL gauge
color gels for FUEL inserts
TFTC eyeball standup target in FUEL lane
Scared Stiff boney flippers
remove spotlights on slings and re-route to light up FUEL targets/bar and Mystery scoop
coffin decal for pro (I can't get ahold of the guy on Pinside who sells these)
Cemetary arch
cross grave markers
Micro Display Mod with video
coffin with skeleton
custom score cards
toppers
Lollipop siderails for pro
powder coated armour
and probably still more

#3967 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Can one of you Metallica owners tell me what songs play during certain Multiballs.
I am changing out a few songs with pin browser and need to know which ones I want playing during different multiballs.
Thanks.

Snake = Sad But True
Coffin = For Whom the Bell Tolls
Sparky = Creeping Death and/or middle of Ride the Lightning
Graveyard = Master of Puppets

My changes:

Snake = Am I Evil?
Sparky = Ride the Lightning from the beginning of the song (put RTL in Creeping Death spot, and replaced original RTL with Four Horsemen)
Graveyard = still MoP

Also changed Unforgiven to Shortest Straw
Also swapped Enter Sandman with a louder version of Enter Sandman.
Also swapped One with My Apocalypse and the last two mins of ...And Justice for All, which plays during Lady Justice mode

#3971 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Pretty sure coffin MB is "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and not "One"

Yep, that's right. I'll edit my post.

#4029 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

What about the Micro Display Mod? Will it mount anywhere when the lightening mod strips are installed? I want more. Odds and I love those lightening strips but seems like it uses up a lot of mod space.

Looking at the pics of the lightening mod strips on Pinball Refinery's website, it doesn't appear that the MDM will fit in the spot where most guys have installed over the Mystery Scoop.

I had six different MDM's installed on my METLE for demo purposes at PAGG, and it appears the lightening strips would interfere with five of those locations. Pictured below is the IM demo mounted to the right of Sparky on the right ramp, and the strips would not interfere there, so that's a possibility. Another possibility is to mount the MDM behind the cross, although I've never tried a test fit there.

MET Demo3.JPG

#4040 4 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Thanks, but I already have that printed out and it doesn't answer all my questions. Thanks for the help though.

What questions do you have? I just installed mine about two weeks ago.

METColorDMD.JPG

#4071 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I certainly can't do it every single time, but casual games at home allow for practice, and I feel the piston shot is critical for big scoring opportunities so I practice that shot.
Some games I play on Metallica consist of practicing setting up this: super skill shot to piston lane, and then right ramp-piston combos as much as I can. Hitting the super skill shot sets up the double scoring at the piston right away. As soon as I am out of the sequence, I work on setting it up again, but of course the fuel targets need to be hit first for 2x chances.
My other favorite way to play Metallica is "drain by electrocution" meaning start Sparky multiball and the game is over . It forces me to try other things.
It's all fun.

How do you set up your Super Skill shot to the piston lane? Soft plunge and catch on the right flipper?

#4074 4 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Hold left flipper, shoot ball to left flipper and let it bounce to right flipper. Thats how I do it.

I had been practicing that, but it usually bounces up to the slings instead of the right flipper. I've been trying different ways to soften the bounce to the right flipper. I thought maybe a soft plunge might be better.

#4076 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

To transfer the ball from L-R off the super skill shot, use a loop pass technique. Keith Elwin's excellent video Pinball 101 shows this executed on AFM. Watch that and practice it to get a feel for the timing. The same concept can be applied to Metallica.
If you soft plunge while holding the left flipper in for the super skill shot, then when the ball is coming to the right flipper, you have to either hit the ball on the fly to the piston lane, or execute a live catch and then shoot it to the piston lane.

That's mostly what I've been trying (loop pass technique), but I haven't honed the timing of it yet as the ball is nearing the engaged left flipper. 33% of the time I get it right, 33% I release too late and the ball bounces too high, and 34% of the time I release too soon and it doesn't bounce far enough and drains. I just need to practice it more.

#4085 4 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

I got the micro dmd installed today, it looks great, thank you sparky for a great mod, if anyone needs any help with the video file just send me a pm

Glad you like it! If your collection page is current, I have one for TFTC, as well

#4092 4 years ago

I practiced Super Skill/loop pass to right flipper/piston target. I got it the very first time and thought, "how easy!" Then I couldn't repeat on the other balls. I had a decent game, though (put initials in for high score #3, around 175 mil; started 2 CIU modes, but drained them both before I could cash in).

However, now I'm out of commission for a few weeks. Removed Sparky for a custom paint job.

#4141 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Good point. Will have to try this out when not in a tournament.

I thought that was a strategy for reaching EOL in a home setting, not a strategy for high scoring. You also won't have the benefit of the extra balls.

#4167 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Quick song question for code 1.64v.........which songs have no impact on gameplay modes if you remove them via Pinball Browser? Like for example, you obviously wouldn't want to remove a song like "Fade to Black" since there is a CIU mode named after it.
I'm pretty sure it's alright to remove One & Unforgiven, but I'm not sure about Sad But True. I'm just playing around with the songs before my game arrives later this week. I would like to add Four Horsemen, No Remorse & The Thing That Should Not Be (and maybe Blitzkrieg), but I think I can only do 2 or 3.
Thanks for the tips

The four CIU (plus EOL), Fuel, and Blackened are the only songs tied to DMD animation and callouts. All the rest you can change without any obvious DMD or callout conflicts.

I posted my most recent song changes a few weeks ago:

Snake MB = Am I Evil? (originally SBT)

Sparky MB = Ride the Lightning from the beginning of the song, not the middle, as the original code has it (put RTL in Creeping Death spot, and replaced original RTL with Four Horsemen)

Changed Unforgiven to Shortest Straw

Swapped Enter Sandman with a louder version of Enter Sandman.

Changed One with My Apocalypse and the last two mins of ...And Justice for All, which plays a great pacing guitar solo during Lady Justice mode. It actually starts to slow down as the mode is about to end.

#4169 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Only reason I haven't messed with swapping songs is it breaks the loop points, and that would irritate me too much.

The only time I notice is when the ball is sitting in the launch lane.

1 week later
#4235 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I rewatched some. it doesn't start acting funny until after crank it up around 14:00

I didn't watch it all the way to 14:00, but after you collect a CIU jackpot, the spider inserts go solid, and if you unlight each of them, you can go back into the Mystery Hole to collect a percentage of your CIU jackpot (I can't remember if it's 10% or 25%, or something like that). The indicator spider will blink, and I don't think it moves at this point. Is that what's going on?

#4244 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So if you hit all the lit arrows after CIU, the scoop relights & you can cash in for a percentage? Or is this only an option if you fail to collect the CIU jackpot?

I believe it's only an option if you exit out of CIU by collecting the jackpot. If you collect a jackpot in CIU, and mode ends, all 6 of the spider inserts will go solid red (orange on the Prem/LE). I believe the first one you hit (unless it's behind the piston target), will blink as the indicator lane. When you hit the others, they will go from solid red to off, and I don't think the indicator changes. If you unlight them all (with only the indicator blinking), you can go to the Mystery Hole to collect 20% (I think) of your CIU jackpot. If your CIU jackpot was 90mil, you would get another 18mil at this point. 20% is just an example, I can't remember what it is actually, and I'm not sure if I'm correct about the indicator not moving. Maybe it moves, but blinks instead of staying solid?

#4248 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Oh well it was a thought

Yeah, what Timebandit said, the inserts are white on the prem/LE, but they are dark red on the Pro.

#4254 4 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

New high score today with 1.64 code on 3 ball!

20150729_144304.jpg

That's a great score!

Now flip-flop those hand acrylics on the speakers. If a person were looking at you and making those hand gestures with both hands, the index fingers would be on the inside

1 week later
#4328 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm going to assume it's true as I'm trying to think the best. Under that assumption that is an, dare I say it on pinside......, EPIC game. My high score is 700K and I left points on the table by only completing 3 CIU modes. If you blow up your CIU's it's definitely possible to achieve that in that timeline.
Either way, it's awesome that you and your son can share the passion together.

I think you meant 700M?

1 month later
#4580 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Anyone have a good way to stop the 2 lower spotlights from falling out periodically? I have a cointaker shaker installed and those 2 spotlights will wiggle loose and fall out every couple weeks. Of course the obvious is to take the glass off and make sure they are in good regularly but I am just wondering if anyone has a better way to keep them in?
I have always noticed it immediately when it happens, stop playing and fix it. My fear is one of my kids or wife wont notice and will keep playing, potentially causing damage to the playfield.

Remove the spots and re-route the harnesses under the playfield to light up the fuel bar and mystery scoop

2 weeks later
#4662 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

The ball on my Metallica often gets hung up to the left of the rollover lanes in the area of the pop up. Does any one have the same problem? If so how did they remedy it? I tried to crank up the back of the machines height and it seemed to help but did not cure the problem. Thanks in advance.

This was happening when I had my METLE, but doesn't happen on my Pro. On my METLE, I believe there are two posts left of the left pop lane that have individual rings. The ball would come to rest between both. I used a single rubber ring to stretch across both, and the ball never rested there again.

#4669 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think during Grave Marker MB, the ball is supposed to stick, and you knock it off with another ball for the SJP. Going by memory, so I may be wrong.

He's talking about the Hammer magnet, isn't he? He called it "casket magnet," but maybe he means the gravemarker?

2 months later
#5234 3 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Do you mean the red lights inside the coffin? I thought those were the "lock is lit" lights but those seem to be on every once in awhile when I don't think lock is lit.
I would love to put a light inside the hammer for the lock... just trying to figure out which light to trigger from

On the Pro, one, two, and three red leds light under the coffin insert to indicate the locks 1, 2, or 3 are complete. Nothing lights to indicate it's ready for a lock. The whole coffin will also light when the ball goes down the left inlanes to indicate a hammer hit will count for 2 coffins toward CIU. It will also blink when you completed an insert lane for the hurry-up.

I used to own an LE, and the indicators for how many balls are locked are the balls visibly showing through the insert. I don't think there are any lights indicating lock is ready. You just need to listen for the call out.

4 weeks later
#5622 3 years ago

I installed a Pinnovators PINsub board to my MET yesterday, and it made a significant difference compared to the alligator clips from the cabinet sub to the external sub.

However, I also added the board to my XM and used a Pinnovators PINsmx passive mixer to share the same sub (features say you can connect up to four machines to the same sub). I lost a significant amount of the bass, even when only one machine was turned on. I made adjustments on the mixer, but still had to crank the sub volume way higher than before. Is this common to lose that much sound with the PINsmx mixer?

#5634 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I know this but the PinSmx box is billed as a solution where you can keep the sub volume on one setting and dial in each pins volume.

I still have significant bass volume loss even if I unplug the second machine from the mixer. The only time I have a big booming difference is plugging one machine directly into the speaker without the mixer.

#5686 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I agree with the faster song part, sometimes it seems like it takes forever for it to get going, but this is gonna jack up lady justice mode so for me it's a no no.

Quoted from Hougie:

Put "And Justice For All" in there. It works perfectly.

I agree with Hougie. Lady Justice mode starts with the final two minutes of "One." The final two minutes of "And Justice For All" is perfect for this mode because it begins to slow the pace as the mode is winding down. I used AJFA as a replacement for "One" for a while, but then I tried something different where I still get the final 2 mins of AJFA on Lady Justice mode (see notes below).

Over the last 2 1/2 years, I've posted my different song changes a few times, but I know there are a lot of new owners, so here they are again, including my reasoning:

Four Horsemen (Removed the original Ride the Lightening, but brought it back in a different spot).

Ride the Lightening (removed Creeping Death; plays RTL from the beginning during Sparky MB instead of the middle; I hated that RTL didn't start from the beginning during multiball, and it's a much better build-up during the "electrocution").

Enter Sandman (louder version)

My Apocolypse, and then it fades into the last two minutes of ...And Justice For All (removed One; During Lady Justice ramp mode, it will play the last two minutes of AJFA, which provides an awesome pace and starts to slow as the mode comes to an end; If I choose "My Apocolypse" during gameplay, it will fade out and fade into AJFA for the remainder of the song).

Am I Evil? (removed Sad But True; AIE? plays during Snake MB)

Shortest Straw (removed Unforgiven; SS plays a short riff at the end of the game)

The rest of the songs are unchanged.

Battery (no change; Crank It Up mode)

Blackened (no change; Band member mode)

Fade to Black (no change; Crank It Up mode)

For Whom the Bell Tolls (no change; Coffin MB)

Fuel (no change; Fuel mode)

Master of Puppets (no change; Graveyard MB)

Seek and Destroy (no change; S&D mode)

End of the Line (no change; not a choice at beginning of game, only wizard mode)

A random call out during the snake vomit match feature: my daughter saying in a worried voice, "Mommy, what happened to Fluffy?" (a slight homage to the end of the song Breadfan where the creepy voice says, "Mommy, where's Fluffy?" I tried to use that actual sound byte, but it's way too long for any of the call out slots for match).

A random call out during attract mode when the flipper button is pressed: Enter Sandman riff with my daughter saying, "Now I lay me down to sleep."

#5700 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I want to try this but how did you do the cutting and fade in/out of AJFA? Can it be done inside pinball browser? Also when you say "louder version" of songs what did you use or where did you get "louder version"? Thanks. I have been messing with different songs. The only one I really like that you are not using is Metal Mulisha. it is great to play to!

I use Audacity to edit the songs. I've been thinking about switching Four Horsemen for Metal Militia, but I haven't done it yet.

#5795 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

-But what if you already have the snake lit on the active shot and you hit the snake again? Will it spot another snake insert on a different shot?
-What if there is no active shot (red arrow lit) and you hit the snake or cross or Sparkey does that light any inserts?

My answer is based on my own experience, not a different rules document. Anyone else feel free to confirm:

If you hit a toy (Sparky, snake, or cross drop), when an active shot is lit, and that particular insert is already lit, it will only award a hit toward CIU. It will not light another insert somewhere else. The first snake hit, however, will award three inserts: active and to the left and right of active. I'm not sure if this is an adjustment, but it is the default.

Your second question...isn't there always an active shot?

#5818 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I would like to change One to Orion
I found an Orion version (cover though but sounds great) with the same length. Or isn't it necessary to be the same length?
Can this be changed together with the song title at ball start?
Is there any other part of the game were a piece or One is used? To my knowledge there isn't any.

The song needs to be the same length as the song it's replacing. If it's longer, it can be edited in a program like Audacity to fade out. If it's shorter, some sort of "filler" should be added, otherwise there will be silence at the end of the song.

The last two minutes of One (estimated time) is used during Lady Justice ramp/orbit mode.

#5821 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Thank you Sparky. Didn't realize it was used during lady justice. I'll keep it this way then

What's wrong with letting the last 2 minutes of your Orion version play during Lady Justice mode?

#5824 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

can anybody tell me if there are any songs in the metallica pinball that are not used in any mode
I would like to ad a song...
thanks

Unforgiven is not tied to any mode or multiball, but it plays a short riff after the match feature.

The songs that play during multiballs are not "tied" to those multiballs, except maybe MoP on Graveyard MB or RTL on Sparky MB. You could also swap out Creeping Death and choose the option not to play it during Sparky MB. Sad But True plays during Snake MB, but that can be replaced without issue. For Whom the Bell Tolls plays during Coffin/Casket MB, but can also be replaced. Lots of options.

4 weeks later
#6136 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's the way I went and in the long run if you have a bunch of 12 and 5v mods it's cheaper and cleaner looking. I even use them on games that only have a 110 service outlet for power output.

IMGA0323[1]_(resized).JPG

How do you keep that FTS-8 from being always on? Isn't that service plug always on when the game is plugged in? Do you power your games on with a different switch at the surge protector?

Edit: I was also going to ask how you get both 5v and 12v from that wall wart adapter, but I now see you are only providing the FTS-8 with 12v.

#6248 3 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I don't believe there is any CIU mode that disables it by default, although you can bring the above mentioned modes in to get the effect.

FWTBT disables it by default. I thought ES did, too, but I don't play that one as often.

#6249 3 years ago

I owned a METLE for 3 years, and I've owned a pro since May '15. I didn't change the up-post on either. My results are below:

METLE: Hard left orbit shots always got rejected back down the left orbit lane. All right orbit shots that hit the post made it to the pops; it never hit so hard that it went back down the right orbit lane.

Pro: Hard left orbit shots get rejected about 50% of the time. All right orbit shots make it to the pops.

When I get a reject on the left orbit, and I have (any) inserts lit on that lane, I always wonder if it awards me double the inserts toward CIU? I get the sound effect both times, but I've never checked the insert count. It would be interesting if it did. I would rather have a reject in that case rather than the pops.

#6255 3 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I've gotta be majorly confused here, and will have to pay attention next time I play. I looked at my machine before I wrote my comments, and the post is an inch or so to the left of the rollovers. I don't see how it can hit that then drop into the pops. It can only do it from the right.

The post "stops" the ball, and then gravity brings it to the pops. The problem is that the ball bounces too far off the plastic post, and gravity carries it to the left.

Again, I'm not sure that's a problem if it's awarding the left orbit inserts toward CIU a second time.

#6257 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

As many have said that's why you replace the factory plastic post with a metal one. Did this in my old LE and never had bounce back issues afterwards.

But what I'm saying is, it's better to have it reject to the left orbit instead of the pops, but only if it awards the lit inserts toward CIU a second time. No one has confirmed this in recent posts, and I'm not at home right now to check. Why replace it if rejects are better?

#6260 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

There is a time lockout on rejects paying the second hit. you can get a second pay if the reject is as slow as physics will allow. The exact time is somewhere between 2-3 seconds.

That's what I needed to know. Since it came up again recently, I was going to take the glass off tonight and test if there was a time lockout. If there's no benefit to the reject, then the pop lane/pops would be better.

#6266 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The post is on a timer linked to the orbit switch. The post is up long enough to stop the ball, then drops, allowing gravity to take over and pull the ball down the remaining part of the orbit and into the pops. Works like this on dozens of different machines.

This is getting humorous! Every other post is someone else explaining it!

BTW...I just picked ES for the first CIU, and the post is disabled just like FWTBT.

#6271 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Actually this post and then one above are the first posts that explain how it is supposed to work.

I explained it, too, in post #6255. I was just being a smart-ass.

#6278 3 years ago

I just posted this in the Met player's tips thread:

Quoted from Sparky:

I just discovered by accident that you can opt out of CIU and collect 5 million. Not optimal for points, and not really as much fun, but seems like a quick cheat to get to EOTL.
When given the choice in CIU, it defaults to FWTBT. If you hit the left flipper once, none of the CIU's will be highlighted, and then hit both flipper buttons. The ball will kick out, and you will continue to collect your next set of inserts for the next CIU.

#6279 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I just posted this in the Met player's tips thread:

Nevermind. You can choose the 5 million all day, and it won't advance you toward EOTL unless you start each of the four CIU's.

#6281 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Technically you are correct. But you can't choose 5m all day. The second time it's worth 6m, then 7m, etc.

I tried 5 times in a row with the glass off to see if it would advance toward EOTL, but I only remember it awarding 5 mil each time.

1 week later
#6360 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yeah I think if you ONLY had a Pro, you'd be fine with it and wouldn't miss anything.
But if you play a Prem/LE extensively first, you wouldn't want the Pro.
Make sense?

I owned the LE since release, and sold it last May. I've owned the Pro LED since then, but I don't miss the LE. The only thing I "miss" are the spinners and rgb inserts, but I don't miss the hammer, snake jaw, or motorized cross at all. In fact, my pro plays so much better without the hammer and snake jaw.

#6363 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hammer I get, but I don't get the snake jaw. Always open plays better how? I haven't spent a ton of time on a Pro, but I really love how the jaw closes and becomes a switch. You aren't dumping balls in there when you're not supposed to, and you have a great visual indication of when it's ready. What's the downside?

The downside was that when the jaw was open, I had way more rejects than I do now. I even shimmed from underneath to lower the jaw. The kickout on my Pro is also more consistent with the direction of the ball than on my LE. Hitting the closed snake jaw was like hitting the hammer block. Both died and slowly made their way back toward the flippers. They both felt like the same shot. On the Pro, the newton ball and the open jaw feel like different shots, and the kickback from the jaw is fast, and the newton ball is satisfying and even strategic. I understand I could have switched the block to the Newton ball, but I'm comparing the way mine was setup as shipped.

#6365 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Using a large square piece of adhesive target foam in back of the snake mouth completely eliminates the problem, and does not interfere with two stage premium/LE game operation.
Use a set of foreceps to properly center the square. You want the dense type, not the "spongy" type, which is a few steps durometer softer than the blue rubber rebound squares.
Alternatively you can use lock bar foam seal, as it close in density as well.

Those are great tips for those having the problem with the LE/Prem, but my point was that I didn't need to do anything to the Newton ball or Snake on the Pro. When I decided to sell the LE to buy the Pro LED, I considered what I would miss and what I would gain:

Miss: 1. spinners 2. RGB
Gain: 1. A Newton Ball on the coffin shot 2. A better Snake shot 3. $2800 in value difference

The spinners and RGB were no longer worth $2800 to me.

#6367 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

For about $400 you can mod in both of your misses.

I know I can add the spinners, but I didn't know I could add the RGB inserts. Is it a matter of changing the six spider insert LED boards, but what about the software? Has someone put together a kit for this?

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm sure I'd love the pro, but it would always eat at me since I really enjoy all the little things added. It's the total package that I want on this one.

During the time I owned the LE, I loved it, and I still do (I sold to a friend in my pinball league). But I came to a decision based on what I was sacrificing for the Pro LED. I probably wouldn't have done it if Stern had continued to sell the original Pro. It came down to value difference, and I still get to play the game everyday!

Quoted from Jediturtle:

For many games I'm all good with the pro, and I definitely see why so many people are like that with this one.

Yes, it depends on the game. For Metallica, I'm good with the Pro LED. Also XM, I'm good with the Pro. For other Stern titles I'm interested in owning someday, I'd be ok with the pro on KISS, Mustang, Tron, and TWD. I would not be interested in the Pro on ACDC or GB, which are games I'm also interested in owning at some point, but as Premiums.

#6373 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

So was it a money decision or gameplay decision?

See below \/ \/

Quoted from Sparky:

When I decided to sell the LE to buy the Pro LED, I considered what I would miss and what I would gain:
Miss: 1. spinners 2. RGB
Gain: 1. A Newton Ball on the coffin shot 2. A better Snake shot 3. $2800 in value difference
The spinners and RGB were no longer worth $2800 to me.

#6377 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Should have mylar in front of both scoops.

You're counting the Snake as a scoop? Yes, there is a long piece of mylar in front of the Snake and the Mystery scoop. Also in the pop area. On mine, it's very difficult to notice.

#6402 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Lol... the pro is faster argument.
So the 3 times a ball gets locked from the hammer slows the game down more than the dozens of times the ball goes into the snake when there is no accomplishment for a snake shot?
That's the only "speed" difference shots in the games and the pro snake slows the game more than the hammer.
I get it and am cool with it that some prefer the pro over the LE/PRE. That's great for the hobby but please stop rationalizing things by the speed of the game.

Quote the posts you're talking about, because I didn't see them. If you're talking about the posts I made regarding why I sold my LE and bought the Pro, my point never mentioned that it was because the pro was faster. My point was that the spinners and RGB inserts were not worth the value that my LE currently held compared to price of a NIB Pro LED. After I received my Pro, I liked the way the Newton ball and open snake played compared to my LE.

If you're referring to someone else's post, that's cool, but my rationalization was never about speed of the game. It was about having $2800 in my pocket, and I still got to own a Metallica.

#6425 3 years ago

This is really a "Ginger or Maryann?" type argument. They're both great games. I can understand someone liking the closed snake jaw on the prem/LE rather than the open on the pro. I have no problem understanding that. Having owned METLE for two years and now owning the PRO LED for almost a year, I personally like the open jaw on the pro. Regarding a visual cue, the Pro has a green light when I should be shooting it to spell SNAKE, but shooting it when I "shouldn't" is the same as hitting the closed jaw. It still counts as a CIU hit to the snake, and it still activates a snake insert if the indicator lane needs one. It still locks a ball during the 2x add-a-ball in multiball, or it spits it out if it isn't ready.

It appears there are guys on both sides of this opinion who think their opinion is being disrespected? If discussing this same issue at a pinball show or at a bar, I think this would be a fun and interesting conversation. When it takes place in a forum, things seem to turn out a little differently for some reason.

#6443 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Since Sparky is showing an appearance , I should give him some credit after all the torture he is given out on a daily basis. Here are some examples of my custom paint work on some sparkys. I would be happy to paint anyone else's. There are some other examples of my paint work and other cool mods at http://www.modfatherpinball.com
Sparky_stripe_(resized).jpgsparky_orange_(resized).jpgsparky_acdc_(resized).jpg

The Modfather did this one for me, as well:

Custom_Sparky_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#6596 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

- I'm wondering what happens to some modes when CIU is started. For example, I had the coffin hurry up lit and started CIU. The coffin hurry up did not appear to score after CIU started.

Certain modes are suspended during CIU. You can't start Lady Justice, Blackened, S&D, or FUEL during CIU. Since you can't collect inserts toward CIU during CIU, I would assume Coffin Hurry-up gets suspended, as well.

Quoted from Rob_G:

- Does anyone really care about shooting the piston target? I NEVER go for that shot. The 2x multiplier from there 'seems' to time out much quicker than the snake 20 second timer.

Snake 2x can only be started during a multiball. Piston 2x can be started any time, including during multiball, along with Snake 2x for 4x. The Piston 2x timer can also be re-started by hitting the lane again, so you can keep this going indefinitely. The Piston 2x is also very important during CIU mode because you can double your "Collect" jackpot. This is where HUGE points can be awarded. 50mil becomes 100mil or 100mil becomes 200mil. Big differences.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I was playing Enter Sandman and after only 20 seconds and a few hits (some to the back target opto) the collect was already lit. So soon?

"Collect" lights as soon as you hit the Snake, Coffin, Sparky, and Cross one time each. If you can do it in 20 seconds, it will light in 20 seconds.

#6612 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

ANY mode will continue in CIU including Lady of Justice, Coffin Hurry ups, Fuel, Seek and Destroy, Blackened although the light show, music and DMD from CIU will override anything else going on so you may not realise. (The only reason I know this is true is because I have collected CIU jackpot quickly and they have still been running). You cannot however start one of these modes during CIU.

Continue during CIU, or suspended during CIU, but continue after you collect?

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

ANY mode will continue in CIU including Lady of Justice, Coffin Hurry ups, Fuel, Seek and Destroy, Blackened although the light show, music and DMD from CIU will override anything else going on so you may not realise. (The only reason I know this is true is because I have collected CIU jackpot quickly and they have still been running). You cannot however start one of these modes during CIU.

Quoted from Sparky:

Continue during CIU, or suspended during CIU, but continue after you collect?

I played last night and had FUEL going when I started CIU. FUEL continued during CIU, but I also started S&D while still in CIU. The video and sounds when it started took priority over Battery CIU, but after that, it was Battery priority.

#6630 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Another thought
Does the post ever stay down to shoot a smooth left orbit ?

Yes, during Lady Justice mode and at least FWTBT CIU. Not sure about the other CIU's. Possibly S&D, too. I can't remember.

#6644 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Makes sense. Strange. So I guess my only option is to take the entire snake mechanism out so I can get to the switch to fix the arm and straighten it?

This has always confused me, as well. The Mystery Scoop will sometimes do this. It won't register when lit, but it knows it's there because it immediately kicks it out.

3 weeks later
#6930 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Game is less then a month old with around 600 plays on it so not sure this would be the problem yet but i will pull it apart and take a look

I'm no tech, but could this be an EOS issue?

#6952 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

So the power wire that runs from back box to the front of cab to be plugged in. I have the FTS-8 splitter mounted on side of cab, do I install the power plug in there correct? Should be getting it tomorrow, so getting ready for install.

Yes, you can plug it in to any one of the 8 plugs on the FTS-8.

You also need to download the ColorDMD MET software on a thumbdrive and load it on the display after installing. It won't come pre-installed.

#6970 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Real quick, while I had the speaker panel down installing the new color display, I noticed the ground cables on the backbox speakers were oriented strange. The left speaker had the grounding wire at the bottom screw and the right speaker had its grounding wire on the top screw. Is that an issue? I switch the cable from the right speaker to the bottom screw like the left speaker. Really not sure if it's a big deal where there mounted, but apparently it matters with the colordmd needs it's grounding cables to be mounted at the top 2 screws. Let me know about this.

As long as the grounding straps are touching metal, it doesn't matter where on that piece of metal. Doesn't matter on ColorDMD either.

1 week later
#7095 3 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

You can try tightening the coil stop.

Or filing the coil stop flat. I think the general consensus with Stern flipper hum is that the stop gets worn, and when the flipper is held, it vibrates and hums against the stop when it's "rounded."

#7117 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Looking for some pics with sparky lcd tv mod i have a ride the lightning mod looking for some ideas on where to put it

Here's a pic of the MET I took to PAGG last year with 6 different MDM's installed for Demo purposes. Any of those six locations work, but on a few, you would need to use a taller spacer and/or move the bracket to the other side. I'm not sure how the RTL mod would interfere with any of these locations.

MET_Demo2_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#7261 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Usually James says something like, "Yeah, double scoring!"

I thought that was Kirk. Does James say it, too?

3 weeks later
#7410 3 years ago

If you're changing songs on the Pro in Pinball Browser, the request numbers for the songs have changed. New request numbers for MTL17.bin (Pro):

487 Battery
602 Blackened
713 Creeping Death
784 Enter Sandman
856 Fade to Black
911 For Whom the Bell Tolls
950 Fuel
1009 Master of Puppets
1077 One
1210 Ride the Lightning
1292 Sad But True
1362 Seek and Destroy
1440 End of the Line
1505 Unforgiven

#7425 3 years ago

Here are the new request numbers for the LE/PREM:

490 Battery
605 Blackened
716 Creeping Death
787 Enter Sandman
860 Fade to Black
914 For Whom the Bell Tolls
953 Fuel
1012 Master of Puppets
1080 One
1213 Ride the Lightning
1295 Sad But True
1365 Seek and Destroy
1443 End of the Line
1508 The Unforgiven

#7435 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was going for the direct shot. Next time I'll try ricocheting off the captive ball to see if I have better success.

Yes, with a ricochet off the edge of the captive ball.