IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,806 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 237.
#5051 6 years ago

Anybody have any thoughts about the prison opto not registering on some hits? I've adjusted the magnet to be as flush with the playfield as possible, as I though there was possibly the tiniest bit of ball hop what would make the ball skip over the opto, but I still get it occasionally, sometimes 2 or 3 shots in a row. Works fine in the switch test.

#5052 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anybody have any thoughts about the prison opto not registering on some hits?

Adding a washer is the fix described elsewhere in this thread.

#5053 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Adding a washer is the fix described elsewhere in this thread.

Add a washer where?

#5054 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Add a washer where?

he's probably talking about a fix/adjustment for the prison zombie head switch, not the optos in front of the zombie. some people put a washer/dime on the switch i guess.

#5055 6 years ago

Gotcha. No, the head is fine, it's the optos that sometimes dont register.

#5056 6 years ago

I am back in the club!! I sold my TWD pro almost 2 years ago to get an LE. When the LE didn't work out, I couldn't get mine so I was out until now. The buyer of mine is now getting an LE so I have mine back! And he is buying his LE from the same person I originally purchased my pro from.

In any case, I have not been here for 90 pages of this thread. I have heard there were some great improvements to the code. Can someone tell me what is different. Also the ball has a tendency to jump off the right ramp and end up back In the shooter lane. Is there a fix for that?

So glad to be back!! I love this game and it was the only sale I ever regretted and I have sold lots of my games...

#5057 6 years ago

There's a link to the rule sheet in the key topics. That's a good place to start.

#5058 6 years ago

I activated something today on TWD that showed on the DMD "next shot 5,000,000", several times over. I don't think I've seen that before, any idea what that was? I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere...

#5059 6 years ago

Do you want.....to play with me?

IMG_20170819_205050 (resized).jpgIMG_20170819_205050 (resized).jpg

#5060 6 years ago

Hey guys! Was playing Walking Dead Premium last night and after playing for a bit, the high scores all reset except the grand champion score? Anybody ever had this happen before? Is it just an automatic thing that can't be changed going forward or is there a setting for this? At least my GC score was saved but it sucks losing everything else!

#5061 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Hey guys! Was playing Walking Dead Premium last night and after playing for a bit, the high scores all reset except the grand champion score? Anybody ever had this happen before? Is it just an automatic thing that can't be changed going forward or is there a setting for this? At least my GC score was saved but it sucks losing everything else!

There is a setting. Standard adjustment 37 HSTD Reset Count. Factory is every 2000 plays. Page 13 in your manual.

#5062 6 years ago

I'm thinking of putting on titan rubber on my walking dead for location. Have any of you in the club here used kit lists that are on the titan site?

#5063 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There is a setting. Standard adjustment 37 HSTD Reset Count. Factory is every 2000 plays. Page 13 in your manual.

Thanks! Now I at least know it's there! My friends are all happy because now they can possibly get their names on the scoreboards, haha.

#5064 6 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I'm thinking of putting on titan rubber on my walking dead for location. Have any of you in the club here used kit lists that are on the titan site?

We just fitted new Titans on our TWDLE. We used the Stern manual and ordered the Titans from the playfield rubber page 11.

Good luck!

#5065 6 years ago

Was playing my TWD Pro last night and the play field started smoking. Shut it off quick to find that the pop bumper coil seized up and melted. My house still smells! This happen to anyone else?? Game is only a month old with a couple hundred plays.

#5066 6 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Was playing my TWD Pro last night and the play field started smoking. Shut it off quick to find that the pop bumper coil seized up and melted. My house still smells! This happen to anyone else?? Game is only a month old with a couple hundred plays.

Holy smokes! Thats kinda crazy. Wonder why that happened. Was the switch stuck closed while you were playing? Did you find the cause? Luckily it didn't start a fire or anything.

#5067 6 years ago

Homer!

IMG_4579 (resized).JPGIMG_4579 (resized).JPG

IMG_4580 (resized).JPGIMG_4580 (resized).JPG

#5068 6 years ago

IMG_4586 (resized).JPGIMG_4586 (resized).JPG

IMG_4590 (resized).JPGIMG_4590 (resized).JPG

#5069 6 years ago

Ha . . . it appears that you had the same idea with "Thriller" on the tv. That should have been done on that guy's Moon Walking Dead re-theme.

#5070 6 years ago

IMG_4621 (resized).JPGIMG_4621 (resized).JPG

IMG_4628 (resized).JPGIMG_4628 (resized).JPG

IMG_4624 (resized).JPGIMG_4624 (resized).JPG

IMG_4629 (resized).JPGIMG_4629 (resized).JPG

IMG_4634 (resized).JPGIMG_4634 (resized).JPG

IMG_4635 (resized).JPGIMG_4635 (resized).JPG

#5071 6 years ago

IMG_4375 (resized).JPGIMG_4375 (resized).JPG
IMG_4376 (resized).JPGIMG_4376 (resized).JPG

IMG_4463 (resized).PNGIMG_4463 (resized).PNG
IMG_4589 (resized).JPGIMG_4589 (resized).JPG
IMG_4590 (resized).JPGIMG_4590 (resized).JPG
IMG_4620 (resized).JPGIMG_4620 (resized).JPG
IMG_4627 (resized).JPGIMG_4627 (resized).JPG
IMG_4631 (resized).JPGIMG_4631 (resized).JPG

#5072 6 years ago

Looks great. Looks like you heavily mod all your pins. I like the look of that GB also.

#5073 6 years ago

So 1.56 is the newest code? Since I just got the game back after 2 years, seeing the skill shot acting wierd. Sometimes I get the rollovers but then neither of the lanes are lit but still I get the skill shot when it goes down a lane and sometimes I don't.

Is this an issue with the code or a bug or has it just changed and I can't figure out what it is doing.

Before if you got one of the rollovers the lanes would still be lit and you would get a smaller skill shot.

#5074 6 years ago

Yes. 1.56 is the latest. The skill shot has 3 components to it. How many rollovers you can light (zero, one or two) and if you can also match the lit rollover lane. The skill shot reward, as well is the amount of the reward, is dependent on which of those components are successfully achieved. The skill shot off of the plunge should light one of the rollover lanes, which then can be changed using flippers. In play, the skill shot no longer applies, and the rollover lanes can have zero, one or two highlighted (lit) lanes. Completing both lit rollovers by the pop bumpers adds rewards, and it can be redundantly completed... with concurrent additional value as I remember it.

#5075 6 years ago

Who sells the prison core?

#5076 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Yes. 1.56 is the latest. The skill shot has 3 components to it. How many rollovers you can light (zero, one or two) and if you can also match the lit rollover lane. The skill shot reward, as well is the amount of the reward, is dependent on which of those components are successfully achieved. The skill shot off of the plunge should light one of the rollover lanes, which then can be changed using flippers. In play, the skill shot no longer applies, and the rollover lanes can have zero, one or two highlighted (lit) lanes. Completing both lit rollovers by the pop bumpers adds rewards, and it can be redundantly completed... with concurrent additional value as I remember it.

So if you miss both of the rollovers you should still have a chance to get the ball down the lite lane using the flippers?

Thanks..Seems sometimes the lanes are not showing a light for me to move during skillshot after the rollovers (it is lit before the ball hits the rollovers and then turns off after)

#5077 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

So if you miss both of the rollovers you should still have a chance to get the ball down the lite lane using the flippers?
Thanks..Seems sometimes the lanes are not showing a light for me to move during skillshot after the rollovers (it is lit before the ball hits the rollovers and then turns off after)

Flaky switch is probably qualifying the playfield.

#5078 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yes, and you will still get a dmd skill shot acknowledgement of that and a reward.

Quoted from pinchamp:

Off of the initial ball plunge for each ball there should always be a lit rollover lane. After them, all other ball plunges do not apply, and that includes ball saves. At that point, it becomes about completing the rollover lanes (lighting all of them).

#5079 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Flaky switch is probably qualifying the playfield.

Yeah seems to do it most when I plunge hard so perhaps that is the issue. Hard plunge is causing a switch to go off somewhere at the same time as hitting the rollovers and this stops the skillshot. I will check it out... no big deal. Love having this game kick my ass again!! So much better than my old GB.

#5080 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah seems to do it most when I plunge hard so perhaps that is the issue. Hard plunge is causing a switch to go off somewhere at the same time as hitting the rollovers and this stops the skillshot. I will check it out... no big deal. Love having this game kick my ass again!! So much better than my old GB.

The easiest thing to do is put the machine in switch test. Take off the glass and bang on the playfield. I know it sounds stupid, but it should shake the playfield enough to trip the flaky switch.

#5081 6 years ago

Hey guys what is the consensus on how the prison doors are supposed to open? Mine started opening even but now the right door opens farther than the left causing it to slam against the metal. The left door seems like it could take a harder hit by a ball and thats my biggest reason for concern. I adjusted both doors with the set screw with no luck.

Any ideas? Do the doors just open unevenly on all these games? Ive honestly only played this game maybe once on route.

Mine will be going at my location soon and I want to have some of the bugs worked out.

Thanks!

#5082 6 years ago

If any one is interested I have a RR crossing sign I am not using. $20 shipped. PM me if you want it. I take paypal.

IMG_2339 (resized).JPGIMG_2339 (resized).JPG

#5083 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

The easiest thing to do is put the machine in switch test. Take off the glass and bang on the playfield. I know it sounds stupid, but it should shake the playfield enough to trip the flaky switch.

I will try this but it's funny that it never does it during the first ball launch but only future ball launches.

#5084 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I will try this but it's funny that it never does it during the first ball launch but only future ball launches.

The most common issue involves the prision doors once they are open, so that would make sense.

#5085 6 years ago

Curious - when going for Horde, are there certain multi-kills you all focus on?

Right now I usually try to stack bicycle girl and CDC mode, but then I just kind of randomly go for modes/multi-balls after that.

#5086 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Curious - when going for Horde, are there certain multi-kills you all focus on?
Right now I usually try to stack bicycle girl and CDC mode, but then I just kind of randomly go for modes/multi-balls after that.

My most commonly achieved:

- prison multiball after x jackpots
- well walker after x well jackopts
- blood batch after x jackpots at the drops
- x times drop completions
- bicycle girl

And of course all mode multikills are easy to achieve

Sometimes I get the x combo's multikill and x fish tanks multikills too.

If I need one more multikill for example, I mostly go through a mode if multiball is too far away to start.

#5087 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

If any one is interested I have a RR crossing sign I am not using. $20 shipped. PM me if you want it. I take paypal.

PM sent.

#5088 6 years ago

i am wanting to tie a mod in this connector

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152157184@N05/36120944613/

i need 5 constant volts which I am measuring on the pins. No reason I cant use this,is there?

also would this be the correct connector, I measure 10x15 mm on the outside diameter

ebay.com link: 6 Pin Molex Connector Lot 2 Matched Sets w 18 22 AWG 093 034 Pins Panel Mount

#5089 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

My most commonly achieved:
- prison multiball after x jackpots
- well walker after x well jackopts
- blood batch after x jackpots at the drops
- x times drop completions
- bicycle girl
And of course all mode multikills are easy to achieve
Sometimes I get the x combo's multikill and x fish tanks multikills too.
If I need one more multikill for example, I mostly go through a mode if multiball is too far away to start.

Not a bad stratagy. I too like to stack cdc and bicycle girl as it's just so easy. So I haven't noticed yet but is completing a fish tank awarded with a multi kill? The points on that shot (not in a mode) are pitiful for such a dangerous ramp.

#5090 6 years ago

Under the MJ thingy, you should have a piece of fake gut to cover the screw and bolt....(or paint it red and black)

#5091 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

sold

#5092 6 years ago

Vampire red powder:

20170831_122346 (resized).jpg20170831_122346 (resized).jpg

20170831_122331 (resized).jpg20170831_122331 (resized).jpg

#5093 6 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Not a bad stratagy. I too like to stack cdc and bicycle girl as it's just so easy. So I haven't noticed yet but is completing a fish tank awarded with a multi kill? The points on that shot (not in a mode) are pitiful for such a dangerous ramp.

No you have to complete x times the fishtank, don't know exact how much but in longer games you get there eventually.
Especially when you run through tunnel, cdc for those modes, or crossbow shots.

#5094 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The most common issue involves the prision doors once they are open, so that would make sense.

Does seem when the barn doors fly open it is killing my skill shot. So what need to do to fix?

#5095 6 years ago

Also it have lit all weapons with horde flashing so what do I need to do next to start horde?

#5096 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Also it have lit all weapons with horde flashing so what do I need to do next to start horde?

woodbury shot starts horde

#5097 6 years ago

How do you light/complete weapons to get to horde?

#5098 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

woodbury shot starts horde

Top 5 mode in pinball.

#5099 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Does seem when the barn doors fly open it is killing my skill shot. So what need to do to fix?

The doors should not open until after you run through the top lanes above the pops. So if they open earlier, there's a switch somewhere that's registering that shouldn't be I believe.

#5100 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Vampire red powder:

Love the powder coat. If you want sliders that "fit" better, I've found these are just the right size and cup the feet so they won't fall off.
IMG_20170831_182927 (resized).jpgIMG_20170831_182927 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 16.00
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,806 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/102?hl=thewombat2430 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.