IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 236.
#5201 6 years ago

Have 1-2 Weathered train track mods avail in the next few days.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “weathered track to make your right ramp look like an old and abandoned rr track. Picked up a few more track sections....Will prob sell 3 more tracks .....50 + 8 shipping”
2017-09-18
Bethany Beach, DE
50 (Firm)
Archived after: 16 days
Viewed: 329 times

#5202 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Mod - For Sale
TWD Walking Dead Weathered RR track modNew “weathered track to make your right ramp look like an old and abandoned rr track. Picked up a few more track sections....Will prob sell 3 more tracks .....50 + 8 shipping”
3 days ago Columbia, MD 50 (Firm)
billsfanmd

I'll take one. Sending pm.

#5203 6 years ago

This was a key chain.

20170921_064312 (resized).jpg20170921_064312 (resized).jpg

#5204 6 years ago

Hey Guys,

I just ordered a shaker motor from Pinball Life for my Pro.

I tried looking all over for install instructions. Can anyone help me out?

#5205 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Mod - For Sale
TWD Walking Dead Weathered RR track modNew “weathered track to make your right ramp look like an old and abandoned rr track. Picked up a few more track sections....Will prob sell 3 more tracks .....50 + 8 shipping”
billsfanmd

PM'd...

#5206 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Mod - For Sale
billsfanmd

PM sent

#5207 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey Guys,
I just ordered a shaker motor from Pinball Life for my Pro.
I tried looking all over for install instructions. Can anyone help me out?

http://www.pinballlife.com/docs/instructions/SPIKE%20Shaker%20Motor%20Installation%20Instructions.pdf

#5209 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks but this is for the Spike system. Is the install the same as the SAM?

It's not the same as SAM. I think this is what you need for SAM:

http://pinballlife.com/docs/instructions/Shaker_Motor_Instructions_ALL3PAGES.pdf

#5210 6 years ago

I will be needing these instructions soon too. Thanks for posting!

#5211 6 years ago

Is Bowen's tutorial with 1.41 still up to date for the most part compared to current code or is there a different video which would be suggested?

Thanks. My Pro lands this Sunday so just getting a jump start on learning a little more.

Darin

#5212 6 years ago

Here's the code revision by Stern, I think for the most part, you should be able to watch and learn similar strategies to score or (in my case) have meaningful balls.
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/TWD156_README.TXT

#5213 6 years ago

I also added the McFarlane's Bicycle Girl to my Premium. Put her above the moving ramp.

Bicycle Girl 2 (resized).jpgBicycle Girl 2 (resized).jpg

#5214 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I also added the McFarlane's Bicycle Girl to my Premium. Put her above the moving ramp.

Can you get a wider shot? I was thinking about doing the same thing. I happened to get an airball deflector with a plastic protector kit for my Pro and it looks like it works out really well. Did you move the light from the plastic and put into the mod?

#5215 6 years ago

Actually I realized that that picture was somebody else's version of the mod. I didn't move any lights but I added Gnassel's B.G. light below. Here's a zoomed out pic of the my B.G. ramp with my version of the mod.

Bicycle Girl  (resized).jpgBicycle Girl (resized).jpg

#5216 6 years ago

Thanks, I'll have to consider doing this since the Bicycle Girl plastic on the Pro version looks really cheap. Same with the fish tank/crossbow plastic one the right ramp, but that will have to stay probably...

#5217 6 years ago

FYI- just plugging myself a little. I’ve put my TWD Pro on location in Atlanta. Have a play when you’re in town. Working on more games slowly but surely.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlanta-ga-new-operator-randomkgpinballcom#post-3988204

Cheers and happy walker destroying!

#5218 6 years ago

Wow. Just finished watching the Bowen video. I'm sure I may never see some of that stuff but it was very helpful. Can't wait to start playing one at home.

#5219 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Wow. Just finished watching the Bowen video. I'm sure I may never see some of that stuff but it was very helpful. Can't wait to start playing one at home.

He is definitely worth watching.

#5220 6 years ago

I played a brief game of the LE to see what I was missing compared to my Pro and had a terrible game. Didn't get to use the crossbow feature or hit the bicycle girl shot when the ramp lifted.

Two things I did like: the LE powder coat. Has anyone powder coated their Pro to look like the LE?

I also liked the lit aquarium in the back right hand corner.

I think I will be modding some of my pins this Christmas. Starting to get ideas now.

#5221 6 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I played a brief game of the LE to see what I was missing compared to my Pro and had a terrible game. Didn't get to use the crossbow feature or hit the bicycle girl shot when the ramp lifted.

The biggest game play difference is Walker bombs. They can add a ball during multi-ball.

I also think the fish tank head on the LE/Premium playfield is great. The topper is cool but not $400 cool.

#5222 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The biggest game play difference is Walker bombs. They can add a ball during multi-ball.
I also think the fish tank head on the LE/Premium playfield is great. The topper is cool but not $400 cool.

Walker bombs and the left spinner are the 2 biggest reasons to own an LE/Premium. That left spinner is essential during Well Walker MB and is really fun to rip! Walker bombs add extra levels of strategy to the way you play the game. The other LE features are cool but not essential to gameplay.

#5223 6 years ago

I have installed Gnassel's Bicycle girl mod and it should have been there from the start
Love it !!!

#5224 6 years ago

New pro in the house. Loving this far. Only experience previously is a very crappy pro on location which many switches don't work. This baby is an entirely better experience!

IMG_1853 (resized).JPGIMG_1853 (resized).JPG

#5225 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

New pro in the house. Loving this far. Only experience previously is a very crappy pro on location which many switches don't work. This baby is an entirely better experience!

Nice metal work!

#5226 6 years ago

I have a problem where my ball bounces off the flipper bat as it makes contact from rolling down the inlane. Same on the 2 sides, i already adjust inlanes by loosening the 3 screws and put some electrical tape to "fatten" the inlanes a bit. It's better but not perfectly smooth when a ball rolls slowly on the inlane to the flipper bat...
My first TWD had the same problem, and i saw on the youtube vids that it's like that too. It seems to be common with all machines. That's not very important but i don't like that at all (already have this problem with older machines and it's very annoying, my TWD is HUO...)
Do you guys know this problem and fix it?

#5227 6 years ago

It seems that the inlanes are a bit too low compared to the rubber flipper. TWD is a hard and tough machine that don't put the player in a comfort zone, so maybe it was designed to distract the player? (Or just a bad design maybe...)

Anyway, this machine needs to be tweaked very much to be perfect out of the box.

#5228 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I have a problem where my ball bounces off the flipper bat as it makes contact from rolling down the inlane.

Titan sells some thin flipper rubbers. Perhaps give those a try?

#5229 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Titan sells some thin flipper rubbers. Perhaps give those a try?

This is the only solution I have found.

#5230 6 years ago

Did that solve the problem for you? Where can i find them?

#5231 6 years ago

I found Titan thin rubbers in Europe, i will order a set and try them. I hope it will solve this problem.
Thank you!

#5232 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I have a problem where my ball bounces off the flipper bat as it makes contact from rolling down the inlane. Same on the 2 sides, i already adjust inlanes by loosening the 3 screws and put some electrical tape to "fatten" the inlanes a bit. It's better but not perfectly smooth when a ball rolls slowly on the inlane to the flipper bat...
My first TWD had the same problem, and i saw on the youtube vids that it's like that too. It seems to be common with all machines. That's not very important but i don't like that at all (already have this problem with older machines and it's very annoying, my TWD is HUO...)
Do you guys know this problem and fix it?

That’s massively important! Interesting as I’ve only seen it once out of probably 15-20 TWD machines I’ve played over the years. Definitely do everything you can to solve as the flippers are your only direct tangible interaction with the ball. The pitch angle could impact this as well.

#5233 6 years ago

Mine has developed the same problem on the right side and it sucks. It didn’t used to be like that until probably 1500 plays or so.

#5234 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine has developed the same problem on the right side and it sucks. It didn’t used to be like that until probably 1500 plays or so.

No belly aching from you sir. I've told you to get the thin flipper rings multiple times. Haha

#5235 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No belly aching from you sir. I've told you to get the thin flipper rings multiple times. Haha

Not belly aching, just haven’t done it yet. I haven’t played TWD much in the past year until recently. I also adjusted the inlane and it got better but it didn’t last long before it started doing it again. I will definitely try the thinner rubbers.

#5236 6 years ago

Does anyone have a video of such an occurrence? I'd like to see what you're talking about.

#5237 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Does anyone have a video of such an occurrence? I'd like to see what you're talking about.

Consider a ball rolling downhill, that hits a rock and jumps off ground.
The ball is rolling down the inlane, but then slightly jumps at the transition from inlane rail into flipper rubber. i.e. it isn't a 'seamless' transition from inlane rail onto flipper.

#5238 6 years ago

Yes you can adjust inlanes but it didn't last long...
The first TWD i bought had the same problem. I hate that. I order thin rubbers, i'm impatient to test them.
On my TWD, i have adjusted flippers bats a bit higher than the stock settings, i can make all the shots and there is less space between the flippers. They are in line with the inlanes, like my others machines.

#5239 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

That’s massively important! Interesting as I’ve only seen it once out of probably 15-20 TWD machines I’ve played over the years. Definitely do everything you can to solve as the flippers are your only direct tangible interaction with the ball. The pitch angle could impact this as well.

What i'm sayin by not very important is that the bounce is not huge, it's a very light bounce and only when the ball is very slow and roll just next to the rubber. When the ball come from the ramp exit or enter of the inlane, there's no bounce.
But, for me, it's not perfect, close, but not perfect, and i can't forget that, it becomes an obsession... It's annoying to be like me...

#5240 6 years ago

has anyone had a problem with their pro in that you can't post pass? On my premium post pass is fine, on the pro it just goes crazy.

Neil.

#5241 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Standard flipper hop. Happens on older games when the inlane guide holes get blown out and the inlane sags.

No idea why it happens on TWD. Thinner flipper rubber has worked for me.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

has anyone had a problem with their pro in that you can't post pass? On my premium post pass is fine, on the pro it just goes crazy.
Neil.

How old is the pro? Probably needs a flipper rebuild.

#5242 6 years ago

Regarding flipper hop there is a small amount of movement possible with the flipper bushes. I recently changed some flipper bushes and was surprised how much movement is possible once the screws that hold them in have been loosened.
You should be able to drop the flipper a little lower that may help.

#5243 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Regarding flipper hop there is a small amount of movement possible with the flipper bushes. I recently changed some flipper bushes and was surprised how much movement is possible once the screws that hold them in have been loosened.

"bushings"... unless they call it something different in Jolly Old England

Good idea btw.

#5244 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Great thought. Thanks.

#5245 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

"bushings"... unless they call it something different in Jolly Old England
Good idea btw.

Same team, different coloured (yes it is spelt correctly) jersey.

#5246 6 years ago

walken dead (resized).jpgwalken dead (resized).jpg

#5247 6 years ago

Hi All,

I have about 4,000 plays on my Premium. I think my first light bulb/opto has burnt out. It's the right one on the Prison--no hits will register with this out. I've combed through the Stern guide to see what part I need to order, but for the life of me, can't find a thing. Perhaps I do not know what to look for.
Any thoughts?

Thanks as always and Happy Thanksgiving to those Canadians on here who celebrate it 'early'!

-Winston.

#5248 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Hi All,
I have about 4,000 plays on my Premium. I think my first light bulb/opto has burnt out. It's the right one on the Prison--no hits will register with this out. I've combed through the Stern guide to see what part I need to order, but for the life of me, can't find a thing. Perhaps I do not know what to look for.
Any thoughts?
Thanks as always and Happy Thanksgiving to those Canadians on here who celebrate it 'early'!
-Winston.

Buy a few, careful when installing, easy to drop small screws.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1210

#5249 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Buy a few, careful when installing, easy to drop small screws.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1210

Thanks very much RandomKG. Parts ordered.
Hope to play your TWD on location one day.

#5250 6 years ago

Just ordered TWD premium

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/105 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.