IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 237.
#4901 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Walker bombs can definitely be used as a ball save in the right situation, but the Well Walker magnet, Woodbury drop target, Crossbow ricochets and Bicycle Girl can all lead to a ball drain. So ultimately the Pro has less ball drains.

+1
Walker bombs aren't enough to compensate for Prem/LE dangers

#4902 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I think 57 kills during the mode. Not great but not my usual wizard mode disaster either.
Hard to keep the focus after such relief.

I've gotten into the 90's twice. I just can't focus on anything else until I finish LMS. Which is why I still haven't seen siege yet. When I finish those, I will probably focus on getting massive x multiplier shots and huge mode scores.

#4903 6 years ago

I have a little question, isn't the "horde" suppose to light up or at least flash when you get the horde mode? Mine doesn't, and the lamp works.
Ola

DSC_0044 (resized).JPGDSC_0044 (resized).JPG

#4904 6 years ago

Is yours a Premium? I think it lights up on the Pro, but doesn't on the Premium for some reason.

#4905 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Is yours a Premium? I think it lights up on the Pro, but doesn't on the Premium for some reason.

Mine is a limited edition. Is it the same there?

#4906 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Mine is a limited edition. Is it the same there?

Yes.

Check out Horde videos on Youtube. The Pro ones show the insert flashing when the mode is ready, and the Premiums/LEs don't.

Not sure if Stern is aware of this bug.

#4907 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Yes.
Check out Horde videos on Youtube. The Pro ones show the insert flashing when the mode is ready, and the Premiums/LEs don't.
Not sure if Stern is aware of this bug.

Ok, Thank you
Ola

#4908 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

I have a little question, isn't the "horde" suppose to light up or at least flash when you get the horde mode? Mine doesn't, and the lamp works.
Ola

It currently does NOT light up but the red flasher starts firing by the Woodbury shot when Horde is ready.

#4909 6 years ago

This bug was reported a long time ago. Frustrating to not be fixed yet.

#4910 6 years ago

Stern is aware and knowing who programmed this, this certainly will get fixed sooner or later...

#4911 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Stern is aware and knowing who programmed this, this certainly will get fixed sooner or later...

Hope so. Seems the newer Spike games are getting all the attention.

MET's last code drop in June '16 was 14months after the last. It's been longer than that for TWD (Dec '15).

Also, is it just me or do the RGB-lit rollovers above the pops never actually do anything RGB-worthy? Except in attract mode.

#4912 6 years ago

Pretty sure the horde light lit on my premium

#4913 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Pretty sure the horde light lit on my premium

It lights in attract mode and possibly at other times, but we're talking about when Horde mode is ready to start. It would be very strange if you had the only Premium in the world that does it.

#4914 6 years ago

I am special let me check my videos

#4915 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

This bug was reported a long time ago. Frustrating to not be fixed yet.

Lyman has confirmed he is working on one final update to twd, hopefully that will fix it

#4916 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Lyman has confirmed he is working on one final update to twd, hopefully that will fix it

Any idea what this final update will entail and when it may be available to us?

#4917 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Can you be more specific of a source, unless you spoke directly to Lyman of course??

#4918 6 years ago

I wouldn't count on a TWD update for a couple of years if ever. Lyman always has a list of improvements for his games that he would like to do someday, but there is only so much time for him to work on older games when he has new ones he's coding now.

#4919 6 years ago

I just got a TWD premium. How high is your bicycle girl ramp in the up position? Mine came with the ramp fix kit already installed. Part of that fix was a few pads on the bottom of the metal ramp flap. My ball actually grazes those pads on the way under the ramp. It barely raises high enough to allow the ball under. Is there a way to get it to raise higher? The entire thing seems kind of rickety.

#4920 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I just got a TWD premium. How high is your bicycle girl ramp in the up position? Mine came with the ramp fix kit already installed. Part of that fix was a few pads on the bottom of the metal ramp flap. My ball actually grazes those pads on the way under the ramp. It barely raises high enough to allow the ball under. Is there a way to get it to raise higher? The entire thing seems kind of rickety.

Buy the bg ramp cliffy.

#4921 6 years ago

Already installed also. It just seems like the ramp should raise higher.

IMG_1946 (resized).JPGIMG_1946 (resized).JPG

#4922 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Already installed also. It just seems like the ramp should raise higher.

I also have the cliffy installed on mine. I didn't like how the edge of the metal ramp was slightly raised up creating a bump that the ball was hitting. It appeared to be causing some ball jump. So I removed the black foam pads completely since the cliffy is protecting the playfield anyway. Now the metal edge sits flat. No ball jumping. This would fix your problem as well.
Junky

#4923 6 years ago

I just took the pads off. Guess they don't need to be there with the Cliffy. That gives it a little more clearance. I guess that should be good enough. This pin also came with the carbon fibre Cliffys around magnets. They look good. I have noticed that sometimes the one on prison magnet makes the ball skip enough to jump over the opto sensor and not register prison door hits. That kinda sucks. I might have to remove it.

#4924 6 years ago

I highly recommend Gnassel's BG light mod for your pin. Makes a huge difference. It's awesome how the light changes from white to red when you hit her. Should have been included from the factory IMO.
Junky

#4925 6 years ago

I think I have that too. I just traded my pinball Refinery AC/DC premium for a pinball Refinery TWD premium. I'm just in the getting to know you stage on this pin. I think I have it dialed in now. The only things bugging me a little are the left ramp being a little low when raised. And the Cliffy on the prison magnet making the ball jump.

#4926 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

This pin also came with the carbon fibre Cliffys around magnets.

Are these Cliffys even needed? I thought that the metal around the magnet core protected the playfield? Cliffs around that metal circle seems a bit overboard to me.

#4927 6 years ago

Yeah, it may be coming off soon. But here is what I'm talking about with my left ramp. This is bicycle girl mode. The ramp is raised. I grabbed the ball and put it under the ramp flap. It barely has enough room to go under.

IMG_1949 (resized).JPGIMG_1949 (resized).JPG

#4928 6 years ago

Ok found the problem. The 2 screws at the top of the lifting ramp were both loose. I tightened those up and it lifts high. I knew there shouldn't be that much side to side play in that ramp. Now I just need to decide if I want to try and remove these carbon fibre Cliffys.

#4929 6 years ago

YES! Tonight I finally played Horde mode! It has taken me a long time to get there. I was so excited!
Set my new high score too (540 mil).
Awesome pin. I just love it!

#4930 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

YES! Tonight I finally played Horde mode! It has taken me a long time to get there. I was so excited!
Set my new high score too (540 mil).
Awesome pin. I just love it!

Nice job! Getting to Horde is no easy task.

#4931 6 years ago

Joining this club in a couple of hours. My butthole is ready.

#4932 6 years ago

Does anyone have a Cleland video? I'd like to see it before I decide if it's a sound mod I definitely want to add or not?

Also can someone point me to where I can find the file for the pro? The facebook dropbox links arent working.

#4933 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Are these Cliffys even needed? I thought that the metal around the magnet core protected the playfield? Cliffs around that metal circle seems a bit overboard to me.

I had them on and took the prison one off as it puts air on the ball and the prison opto's won't register.

#4934 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Can you be more specific of a source, unless you spoke directly to Lyman of course??

A friend of mine talked to him in denmark at the ifpa world championship. No info on timeline, just that he is working on a last update, and it will make it possible to actually finish horde. But we will see. Didnt the final metallica update come quite a long time after it was released?

#4935 6 years ago

I had them on and took the prison one off as it puts air on the ball and the prison opto's won't register.

I'm afraid I am gonna have to do the same. This game is too difficult to give away prison hits. Starting a multi ball can save your ass. And if that is delayed due to ball jumping over optos it sucks! What method did you use to remove it safely?

#4936 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I'm afraid I am gonna have to do the same. This game is too difficult to give away prison hits. Starting a multi ball can save your ass. And if that is delayed due to ball jumping over optos it sucks! What method did you use to remove it safely?

For multiball to start it takes hits to the walker head. That's a physical switch. That needs tweaking too so that it registers consistently.

#4937 6 years ago

The head registers fine. It can't be a really weak hit. But I'm ok with that. It's frustrating when the doors take a direct hit but the ball skipped above the opto because of the Cliffy and doesn't register. The harder the shot the more likely it is to skip. It happens way too often.

#4938 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

The head registers fine. It can't be a really weak hit. But I'm ok with that. It's frustrating when the doors take a direct hit but the ball skipped above the opto because of the Cliffy and doesn't register. The harder the shot the more likely it is to skip. It happens way too often.

Yeah ive found in most cases cliffys on the playfield mess with gameplay too much. Especially over time.

#4939 6 years ago

Great pin though. I traded my AC/DC for it and I'm am totally happy. I've only had it about a week. I got to horde the very first day I had it. Didn't have a clue what i was doing. I was just trying to keep the ball alive. Now that I am learning the rules and actually trying to accomplish certain shots it's kicking my ass. Multiple prison door shots not registering is unacceptable.

I think I'm gonna try a hair dryer to soften the glue under the Cliffy to start. Then slowly work goo gone under the Cliffy with a plastic razor blade scraper.

#4940 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Does anyone have a Cleland video? I'd like to see it before I decide if it's a sound mod I definitely want to add or not?
Also can someone point me to where I can find the file for the pro? The facebook dropbox links arent working.

Are you a fan of the show? If so, you'll realize after playing 5 minutes with the stock sound that anything would be better. Honestly, it's an understandable question to ask and I wondered the same thing. But once you install the Cleland mix with clips from the actual actors you'll realize that there's really no other option.

#4941 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Are you a fan of the show? If so, you'll realize after playing 5 minutes with the stock sound that anything would be better. Honestly, it's an understandable question to ask and I wondered the same thing. But once you install the Cleland mix with clips from the actual actors you'll realize that there's really no other option.

I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer most of the stock callouts. I think the guy is funny and those callouts also have very important cues for the gameplay. Bloodbath, well walker, modes, etc.

#4942 6 years ago

Okay, so I thought I knew what hard pinball was. Then I got my TWD tonight. What the hell. My butthole actually was *NOT* ready.

#4943 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Okay, so I thought I knew what hard pinball was. Then I got my TWD tonight. What the hell. My butthole actually was *NOT* ready.

Give the machine a chance and hopefully you will learn to love it! Initially we were a bit shocked how hard the game is. Now, we love it and one of the best all time pins in my opinion. It is that frustration that will change how you play and definitely make you a better all round pinball player.

Have fun!

#4944 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I have Tron and Ironman (both known as punishing games) as well as TWD but neither comes close to the unforgiving nature of TWD. I swear there are magnets pulling the ball into the outlanes. Get ready to spread your cheeks and lift your sack.

#4945 6 years ago

For me it's just the tight shots. This is one of the only games where o can think of where I will have multiballs and just not hit a damn thing. Unusually you get lucky andnhit at least ONE shot. But this fucking game...

#4946 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Fingernail - then sticky goo remover sparingly.

#4947 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Yup that's what happens!

Also I prefer stock music and effects - they match the gameplay better than any of the other sound updates.

#4948 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Stick with it Wasp - when you get into the zone on TWD - nothing really compares to the pinball high you get. When horde starts throbbing it's insane!

#4949 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

The links are in post #913 here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/19#post-3665319

I'm running the custom kpg audio on my Premium. It sounds amazing IMO. And I've tried all of the custom audio roms I could find on my virtual pinball machine including slayer/beavis&butthead, NIN, etc.
I think both the kpg and cleland roms sound way better than stock. You should try a few and see what you like.
Junky

#4950 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

A friend of mine talked to him in denmark at the ifpa world championship. No info on timeline, just that he is working on a last update, and it will make it possible to actually finish horde. But we will see. Didnt the final metallica update come quite a long time after it was released?

That's useful, appreciated. I'm very happy with it now (except that it rips me a new one on a regular basis) but it's always good to know there could possibly be a little more polish coming.

Looking at the Stern code READ ME text files;

MET:
V1.0 - April 30, 2013
=>
V1.64 - April 23, 2015
V1.7 - June 19, 2016 (~14 months after last, over 3yrs after first)

TWD:
V1.11 - Oct 28, 2014 (although my game came with older code than this)
=>
V1.53 - Nov. 23, 2015
V1.56 - Dec. 1, 2015 (about 20 months ago since last, under 2yrs since first).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.