Topic Stats

• 8,620 posts
  • 572 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 202 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,455 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2019-11-23 (resized).jpg
TWD TRA (resized).jpg
20191120_170943 (resized).jpg
20190619_205908-1 (resized).jpg
IMGA0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_4039 (resized).JPG
TWD art blades (resized).jpg
e grass (resized).jpg
zomheads (resized).jpg
s-l1600[2] (resized).jpg
twd pf (resized).jpg
2bcea80b978cd5536caec2e5853a5665c15c2bb6 (resized).jpg
IMGA0106 (resized).JPG
IMGA0103 (resized).JPG
IMGA0105 (resized).JPG
IMGA0104 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #129 Link to EL wire kit from Pinball Refinery. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #236 Link to custom rules cards. Posted by gweempose (4 years ago)

Post #404 Burning barn mod. Posted by Tmezel (4 years ago)

Post #690 Evil Dead sound package link. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #783 Link to LE/Premium sound replacement options. Posted by ezeltmann (4 years ago)

Post #2893 Link to rules doc for v1.60, still being updated as of May 2018. Posted by e4mafia (3 years ago)

Post #4216 Guide to Walker Bombs! Posted by ezeltmann (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 4 years ago

I'm really liking the LE artwork now that I can see it in person.

V__E784.jpg
2 weeks later
#99 4 years ago

Here are a few better pictures of the LE side art.

P1120117cr.jpg P1120117.JPG P1120109.JPG P1120109cr.jpg
#103 4 years ago

Nice. I've got a ways to go.

1 week later
#150 4 years ago

My TWDLE high score at this time posted in the attached pic. All levelling set-up is to spec. It has been a challenging game as such. Being HUO, I'm considering changes to reduce the outlane balls to make it easier overall, but this high score was with settings stock other than bumpers set to difficult. I found the extra bounce more interesting in the game and no detriment to outlanes at this time.

FullSizeRender.jpg

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Anyone come across this yet? Ball keeps getting stuck, between the rubbers on the left lane above the pops. Right side flows through ok, but left side has always seemed pretty tight, and now unless the ball has a clean drop through from above, it tends to get stuck between the rubbers. Picture attached. Any advice?

I had the same thing but on the top posts, not the bottom posts. I was able to adjust the post between the two lanes (the screw was loose on the post) to get more spacing on the tight lane. It has worked great since.

6 months later
#380 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Spoke with Mike @ Flipper Fidelity. I will be picking up a Premium from him as soon as my Shadow is sold. Really stoked - I really enjoyed this game when I played it. I was very surprised with all the hate it got. With these new code updates, it can only be better than the last time I played.

Congratulations on the tentative purchase. With the discussions in your related thread I think you'll be very happy with the purchase.

Quoted from PinJeff:

So when I was setting up the new Premium last night I installed the Stern fix kit for the bicycle girl ramp. I installed the plastic ramp cover that I assume is supposed to prevent air balls. Something was wrong because the ball would not make the ramp. The ball gets stuck between the ramp and the plastic cover. There is not enough clearance for the ball to get through.

Another suggestion similar to others earlier. I have never had any issue with the left ramp. I can't remember any airballs off of it, so let's say I've had maybe one or two airballs in over 1500 games. I don't have the Stern fix on the ramp either. I did the one of the pre stern kit custom fixes discussed on the forum. Essentially I put some thin foam double sided tape underneath the hex nuts, with the wax type paper left on the exposed side (so it doesn't stick to the pf). The metal foil pre-ramp may need a slight tweak. Also some people suggested taking a good look at the ramp position and mounts. I may remember a few people mentioning they adjusted and tweaked the ramp as it wasn't set up 'perfectly' at Stern. I may have done that as well. I can repeatedly shoot the left BG ramp clean on my LE. No issues with air balls.

With a bit of care and time taken to set up the left BG ramp well, people report it is a non issue on the Prem/LE. Hope you get it working well and without too much work.

1 month later
#496 4 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

on PRO when I combo the tunnel and then to the Arena ramp the ball has so much speed it jumps off of the ramp and slams up against the glass or will jump the ramp in to the BG return lane ramp. Need a fix for this.

You're not having much luck with that Pro yet.

There have been a few people bashing the prem/LE ramps for a while here, especially early on. I've never had a problem on the ramps with my prem/LE (after the bg fix options). Now we have an example of Pro ramp problems. Either way, it's not normal for either machine and it sounds like an adjustment may be necessary. Take a look at the ramp position, mounts and alignment. A tweak may help a lot.

2 weeks later
#548 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Be sure to put a tiny square of felt on the guide that exits the pops. Mine returns to the left flipper 90% of the time and is fast as hell.

It may help but it doesn't need it. I'm running TWDLE stock with no stdm pops issue. And got a 500 million jackpot recently. I do plan to narrow the oem outlanes with the other lower hole option, though.

#550 4 years ago

Sorry, mentioned that incorrectly. Got a 500 mil score, not jackpot. That should make more sense.

The game is challenging for sure, but so much fun, and when the stars align, what a rush.

#554 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm still enjoying the hell out of mine. Not even remotely getting tired of it yet. Still the most played pin in my collection.

So true for me too.

I've been negligent on a detailed pitch measurement for my machine.. Mine is perfectly middle bubble on the OEM measurement. But it is better to self measure the pf. Not that eskaybee would not know that. .

1 month later
#832 4 years ago

How about the cliffy post sleeves since you changed them? My oem setup has zero issues and people haven't reported any problems with oem posts.

#838 4 years ago

My latest update.

I was late to the 1.41 code update by about a month. Been using it a while now though. Cleland's and Milhouse's sound contribution options to the community are an amazing gesture and super appreciated. There are a ton of options to mod the TWD machines now, from multiple call-out changes to lots and lots and lots of mods.

I still really really enjoy TWD. I use it 10X more + compared to the rest of my collection. In a home use environment the dmd animations are the best I've ever seen, not to mention the music, call-outs, lighting, and play, all of which are are awesome and intense. The machine theme really is amazingly incorporated into game play.

I find it has a great ratio of short and long shot times, and it is tweakable to personal preferences depending on how good you are, how you set up the pin, what mods you add, and what changes you make. The result is a very customizable game to personal preferences and a huge one-more-game-feel.

I was an early owner, just as the first updated code was provided. In fact I installed the second code (first update) before the first play. Things really started to take off at this point. And I found it to be a really enjoyable pin right away. Each code version gives a significantly unique flavour to the play of the game. I've kept all versions, and later on over time I see merit in changing up the game code with some of the older versions for a change of pace and enjoyment, etc. I miss some of the DMD animations of the early code too.

Lyman as programmer for this pin factored large in my decision to buy the LE/Prem version (with thanks to pinside members who noted this early on), as well as theme, and boy has that ever worked out. I find that Lyman has even surpassed his previous programming excellence to take TWD overall play, layout, and theme to the next level. It may not be for everyone, but for those who like fast, challenging, deep, balanced and rewarding game play, TWD is among the top of the list if not at the top of the list.

The PF layout is fairly unique as many have noted earlier. And I know of no other game that has two skill shots.

TWD reviews, ratings and comments on pinside have been a huge roller coaster, from lots of bad early on to now lots of good. I found this crazy, but have only been on pinside for about a year. I'd assume TWD was a somewhat unique case, or am I wrong and and has one seen some significant swings in ratings in other new machine theme releases over time?

With some members posting vociferous negativity to TWD early on, and the negative theme trending on pinside for quite a while, it has been challenging as someone who had the opposite experience to relate. As the tides turned I thought that TWD machines were in line to develop an eventual cult appreciation with limited ownership. More recently, it seems that the recognition is catching on much more so, and there will more significant appreciation and ownership. We'll see since much of the TWD license period so far was burnt with negative feedback. Either way, what a ride and interesting times. I'm just happy if people give the latest versions of TWD machines a chance for enjoyment as the code being finalized, because while it may not be for everyone, it can be a ton of fun for many. And it's fun to share enjoyment.

#840 4 years ago

Congratulations Chambahz! Welcome to the club.

The LE artwork is amazing in person. One of my first posts here on pinside discussed that and added a few pics.

Did you buy from Starburst Playdium? I was following your earlier posts on this. I got one of the LE's about a year ago from them. And at a great price compared to now. Premium buyers will be paying more than I did for the LE. Lucky you to get an LE. At that time they said they had 2 left after. Crazy if playdium had one left. Very lucky. Cheers.

#847 4 years ago

Woodbury is considered a second skill shot.

Yes, this game is the only game I know of that features two skill shots :

The ‘normal’ skillshot -

Here you have to watch the two star rollovers just below the Tower area. To get the most points the ball should roll over them when they are both lit. If just one of them is lit, you get fewer points.

Because they cycle faster with every new ball this gets harder, but also rewards more points - up to two million points in fact.

The ‘Woodbury’ skillshot -

The DMD will show four circles, corresponding with the two star rollovers and the two inserts above the bonus lanes. With the flipper you can select several reward combinations (up to 1 million for one of these shots). One of the four white lights will be lit and the switch beneath it will reward different values when reached by the ball.

So you have to plunge exactly hard enough to make the light/switch that rewards the most points.

All the shots have been discussed, so we now end up in the bottom right area where we find the right slingshot, inlane and outlane. There’s nothing remarkable here and as with the left outlane, there’s an adjustable post, a ‘bit’ insert and a rollover switch.

The left inlane is also pretty much the same as the right one, featuring an ‘X’ insert and a switch.

From http://www.pinballnews.com/games/walkingdead/index5.html

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes I get this a lot.

I don't remember this particular issue. I either make this difficult shot or it bangs off a few things and comes back down the entrance. I don't remember it entering the pops from a missed tunnel shot.

Quoted from sparechange1974:

Haven't played a new pin first day so much since Metallica. Finally got the most of the mods installed, trying to keep her clean and classy with mods chosen. Some stuff from Mezel, Back Alley, Ulek Store and of course Pinball Refinery(yes I get around). Thanks to this thread for the pushing over the top on the machine and ideas on mods!

Looks great and sounds great that you are enjoying it a lot. After a year I'm still playing it all the time. Getting inner side decals? There are a few options and they finish the sides better.

3 weeks later
#1056 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I will admit though that the BG, crossbow, walker bomb, extra magnet, drop target, spinner, fishtank, and lightshow IS making me consider a Premium. As of now, my deposit is on a Pro, based on my xp with the Pro and Bowen's tutorial video showing me that PLENTY is possible with the Pro model. Difference in price is about $1700, and I am on the fence if enough is there for nearly $2000 additional over the Pro.
Unfortunately, we have ZERO TWD Premiums on location or in private collections for me to get any face time on =/....

TWD prem/le have one of the most significant added feature sets compared to the pro, related to other similar pro/prem/le pin offerings, which is an interesting comparison to the preferences in those other pins. Many TWD pro owners will minimize them, while many prem/le owners will find them very significant. The added cost has been worth it for those willing to pay more and the machine retains that added value if/when you go to sell. In home use the added features are nice and the le/prem places high on the rating system. Both are great games. Just decide where you sit. How much the theme appeals to a person is often a factor too.

2 weeks later
#1102 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, um, yep - this happened today .
TWD-Pro-GEX_(resized).jpg
Obviously, details were removed to keep my privacy as well as extending a courtesy to GEX with regards to their pricing. Here's a tip: make sure they know you are a Pinside member. Trust me on that one.
Got the very last one they had in stock. I called yesterday, and they had 2 pros and a premium. Got the ok from the chief (wifey), and tried calling back for 3 hours in 30 minute intervals, and I could not get their sales department to save my life.
Called them today within 10 minutes of them being open. 1 pro and 1 premium had sold in that time (4:30pm to 7:00pm lastnight). For those interested, they told me they have 2 on backorder, and they expect to get them soon. I know no further details.
Yeesh .....hot game right now.
I must say, I was SUPER impressed with the crew at GEX. I had the pleasure of speaking with David, and you could tell right out of the gate that these guys love what they do. This is not a 9-5 for them. For them, pinball is more than a job; it is something they enjoy and embrace with passion.
They called me in 10 minute or less intervals each time a step was taken: price-check for one, transaction complete for another, final invoice put together for a third. David was awesome, and I will absolutely gladly do business with them again.
JJ himself called me once the game was packed and ready to be picked up by freight (R&L Carriers for those curious). He answered all of my questions with thorough details, and he was both patient with me and super-excited for me to receive this game.
I already have confirmation of a PRO number (Tracking number) so I can see the game make its progress from Denver to Dayton. Even with the holidays, a tentative delivery date is 29 Dec. Dude, you cannot beat this level of service; this is all in one day flat. Total for the game with shipping included in the price was under $5000.
Just amazed man. Do not for one moment doubt GEX. So far, they have done me very well, and I am giving them a rock-solid 10/10 at this point.
Now, I wait patiently for TWD Pro to make its way to me

Congratulations! Another fun story. It is an awesome game for most. Hope you enjoy it as most of us do. Let us know . Cheers!

2 months later
#1932 3 years ago

People here note that the PF bubble is fairly variable from game to game so the best way to check setup is with a torpedo level. Compare your pitch with that.

Check your BG ramp where it meets the PF. I took some time to adjust it so that it sat flat and nicely flush to the pf, not high, low or overly curved. No significant airballs here at all.

Congratulations and enjoy the game. Remember when the fire button is color lit you have a walker bomb ready to use.

#1970 3 years ago

People have pitched it flat left to right, people have pitched left 0.2 - 0.5 degrees, people have pitched right 0.2-0.5 degrees. Just try some changes and see how the games react. It's relatively rare to have stdm pops issues on the prem/le.

#1986 3 years ago

My post history has a few posts linking the video of Jack Danger / Lyman playing a TWD premium. Not a tutorial per say, but you can watch how Lyman plays the game as well as see some depth. It's on youtube as well and can be found with a search.

3 weeks later
#2206 3 years ago

Congratulations. Enjoy and get some games under your belt. IMO the two best mods are a shaker and invisiglass. Need them myself.

If you are getting ramp airballs adjust the ramp foil where it meets the playfield. It should not happen much at all with a smooth transition.

Let us know how you enjoy it. It is a great machine for most people.

#2207 3 years ago

double post

#2211 3 years ago

From another member here...

Quoted from kpg:

I just put a sheet of Invisiglass on my TWD... holy crap .. it makes a HUGE difference with this game. It is so dark and glare is so obvious (I even have bent plastic shielding the topper glare, and also covered most of the bulb in the head to dim the backglass) that this makes a big difference. You can see the prison, Riot, etc so well now- its like playing with the glass off. Probably the best mod I have done to the game thus far.

If I want to spend a few more on eye candy I really liked the led light ramp mod. Multiple colors have been used. Looks sharp. Lots of pics, but may be hard to find many pics. Here is an example. http://mezelmods.com/collections/the-walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/walking-dead-pinball-ramp-illumination?variant=1013087420

I also like the speaker panel inserts and led lighting, sharp.

#2213 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not hard to find, I have them...red, blue, green, purple, white.

I meant find many pics. Fixed.

1 week later
#2333 3 years ago

Season finale, damn. The TWD universe just keeps amassing cred and popularity. Great for TWD pinball owners.

1 month later
#2734 3 years ago

The header for the thread allows for keyword searches and will help you assess. PDI seems to be the top choice fwiw. And amazing.

2 weeks later
#2852 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Oh yeah.... Forgot to add... I'm in the club! Thanks to cointaker!

Quoted from RefugeNate:

Ordered my Premium last Friday and still waiting patiently.

Quoted from hoby1:

Decided premium on Tuesday ..... Picked up a NIB on Wednesday. Right now in the process of of tweeking in . Then going to do some lighting mods to BG walker and Well walker and finally shop out . pro translite and add sound ROM. So far had to have Chaz at Stern send me one color changing LED board ( no red or pinks ). SOOOOOOOOOO glad I went premium on this game!!!!! I do love the pro and would have been very satisfied. But the way I figured till I add fishtank, metal apron, colored Leds in GI and Inserts,latch, lockdown and work rails its added 500 to the price making only a 1200 dollar difference....... worth every penny now that I have. This FKN game is outstanding.

Congratulations guys! The Prem/LE is a great machine. It's worth the upgrade for most people.

There is a lot of great info in this thread and there is the adjustments and mods thread. Lot's of things can be done to fine tune the machine to your own preferences and wants. Let us know how you find the machine and the play. Enjoy!

1 week later
#2929 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Don't know if it's a Stern or TWD issue. Either way hope someone can help.
Playing my TWD tonight and noticed all the lights are cycling at a rate of about 10 times normal. Suggestions on where to start looking?

Been posted multiple times, and the fix described. Even recently. Find it. I can't remember much more than that.

#2940 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

LE Backglass wanted . . .
Is it even possible to buy an LE backglass for a TWD?

Only LE owners can buy the LE backglass from what I've read on the forum.

1 month later
#3136 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Just got back from Cointaker. Picked up a premium. They have 4 or 5 more available.

Congratulations. What an awesome play for most people. Game of the year in 2015.

http://gameroomblog.com/reviews/2015-pinball-machine-of-the-year

1 month later
#3418 3 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Looks like my game should be delivered tomorrow, anything I know as a first time stern and NIB? I'm sure there's a NIB opening 101 tbread around here somewhere

There is a TWD adjustments thread.

1 week later
#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Got my new TWD Premium yesterday from JJ. The playfield is excellent.

Been a while for you. Enjoy the Prem!

Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I just sold the nicest Met Pro this side of the Mississippi (which I loved) in order to buy a TWD Premium. I have a feeling it was worth it.
https://images.pinside.com/f/1a/a2/f1aa2855400cf14db00b56a14756b8cbb6fcf133.jpeg

Love the BG reference.

1 month later
#3685 3 years ago

Not that I've seen yet.

2 weeks later
#3728 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Worked out a deal today...picking up a nib LE tomrrow!....what are must haves for mods and protectors and such? Not super familiar with this one, but played it a few times and really enjoyed it!

Congratulations. The LE is beautiful and plays awesome.

Great mods beyond the basics of PDI glass, a shaker and sub....include the bicycle girl light, ramp lights (pick a color), the topper, the shooter rod, the EL fence, the prison tower and side decals or mirrors and the speaker panels and lights. Then you can go to the alternate Stern armour, the blood splatter decals, various signs, tracks, LED back lights, figurines, etc. Get all the sound files options provided here... awesome and free. The LED DMD is coming as well (must have imo). Others then refit LED colors, etc.

#3730 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Thanks for the insight...what are all of the sound files primarily for? Actors voices and such?

Happy to help.

Yes many of the sound files are for actor sound bytes and such, but lots have alternate music as well. This pin probably has the most alternate sound options available in the community. Get what you can for archiving and future use. Thanks to all the supporters posting their sound mods.

#3769 3 years ago

Depends on how machines are set up (closed outlanes, etc). Guy did say 5 ball as well. So not much merit in comparing imo. To each their own.

2 weeks later
#3831 3 years ago

Awesome. So what do you think of the pin now?

1 month later
#3965 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Any other recommended mods besides just cosmetic ones?

I finally got around to doing some more mods to my TWDLE and can report back. I already have the Stern topper, aftermarket zombie shooter rod and Stern art blades.

Here is what I settled on at this time.
'
Power distribution block (for power sources for mods) (Pinball life)
'
--Interactive--
Gnassel BG light version 1 option A (on Pinside)
Stern shaker motor (SP14) (Stern)
Hitchhiker prison sign (Mezel mods)
Animated backbox LED lighting (I didn't know about this version until doing some internet searching, nothing about it in the TWD threads that I've seen)- http://flipperfidelity.com/lighting/animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-panels/stern-the-walking-dead-le-enhanced-animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-two-versions-dimmable.html
'
'
--Cosmetic--
TWD ramp lights - blue (Mezel mods)
Woodbury sign (not lit) (Pinball life)
Crossbow (Mezel mods)
LED RGB Speaker lights and TWD grills (speakerlightkits.com)
Red LED flipper britebuttons (Pinball life)
'
I will have to wait on prison tower (oos), PDI glass (later) and color LED dmd (not released) in the future.

I am still waiting on the BG light and speaker lights/grills. I will post up when I get that done. I also need to install the interactive backbox lighting which just arrived, and hope to do it shortly.

So far I'm really happy overall with the mods. Relatively subtle changes and improved looks.

Shaker is awesome and the machine was already setup to add it. I really like the look of the blue ramp lights (contrasts the red lighting on the pin) and it makes the pin look even better. The hitchhiker sign looks great and works with the prison nicely and the piggybacked interactive lighting. The woodbury sign is a nice inexpensive touch and there's no need for it to be lit or interactive considering there is the woodbury playfield insert. Nice touch on the LED flipper buttons. Notably brighter and evenly lit compared to the ones on my POTC from somewhere else. The crossbow has been finicky, but that was to be expected from the feedback. I had to file off some of the material on the mount so pinballs coming in could clear it. It also wants to sit a little tilted (unflat) left to right making it tricky to clear the apron and afix using the adhesive. With some additional fiddling and more adhesive I should be able to get it to work better. I did have to reshim the apron as discussed in the installation instructions.

My friend did the installs. It took some time, but wasn't overly difficult. He is no pinball service expert so I can recommend these mods to those with basic skills.

In conclusion, listed are some mod options to consider, and not too much work.

#3983 2 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Back in stock if you need one!

Thx for the heads up!

#4019 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I finally got around to doing some more mods to my TWDLE and can report back. I already have the Stern topper, aftermarket zombie shooter rod and Stern art blades.
'
'
--Interactive--
Animated backbox LED lighting (I didn't know about this version until doing some internet searching, nothing about it in the TWD threads that I've seen)- http://flipperfidelity.com/lighting/animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-panels/stern-the-walking-dead-le-enhanced-animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-two-versions-dimmable.html
'
'
--Cosmetic--
Crossbow (Mezel mods)
'
I will have to wait on prison tower (oos), PDI glass (later) and color LED dmd (not released) in the future.
I am still waiting on the BG light and speaker lights/grills. I will post up when I get that done. I also need to install the interactive backbox lighting which just arrived, and hope to do it shortly.
So far I'm really happy overall with the mods. Relatively subtle changes and improved looks.
Shaker is awesome and the machine was already setup to add it. I really like the look of the blue ramp lights (contrasts the red lighting on the pin) and it makes the pin look even better. The hitchhiker sign looks great and works with the prison nicely and the piggybacked interactive lighting. The woodbury sign is a nice inexpensive touch and there's no need for it to be lit or interactive considering there is the woodbury playfield insert. Nice touch on the LED flipper buttons. Notably brighter and evenly lit compared to the ones on my POTC from somewhere else. The crossbow has been finicky, but that was to be expected from the feedback. I had to file off some of the material on the mount so pinballs coming in could clear it. It also wants to sit a little tilted (unflat) left to right making it tricky to clear the apron and afix using the adhesive. With some additional fiddling and more adhesive I should be able to get it to work better. I did have to reshim the apron as discussed in the installation instructions.
My friend did the installs. It took some time, but wasn't overly difficult. He is no pinball service expert so I can recommend these mods to those with basic skills.

I got the Gnassel bicycle girl light, LED speaker lights/grills and the interactive backbox installed this week. I'm very happy. The Gnassel bicycle girl light is awesome and the transaction went very smoothly; highly recommended and a great member of the community. The speaker lights make the pin stand out and the interactive backbox is very noticeable to observers and those in the game room. Both of these light mods have caused a bit more glare on the glass though.

I did file the left side of the crossbow mount down some with the clearance issues I was having. It should clear the apron now, but I still need to mount it back on with some adhesive.

All other mods are on and done... Gnassel BG light, stern shaker motor, hitchhiker prison sign, animated backbox LED lighting, blue TWD ramp lights, woodbury sign, RGB Speaker lights/grills, and red LED flipper britebuttons. The overall change is great and definitely recommended. I also updated the coding to another sound option (of the many available in the community); all these changes made it feel like a different pin. New sound coding really helps to keep it fun and fresh.

Sellers of these mods have pics and video that show them well; but as requested here is my pin as it sits with all the mods at this time. Stock lighting otherwise. The picture is high resolution so one can zoom in and see around, such as the two signs, etc.
WP_20170125_21_01_04_Pro (2).jpg

#4021 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Where did you get those speaker grills from those are sweet!

Thx! And thx to other members who posted about them a long time ago I knew about them.

I got the black ones.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

#4027 2 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

any chance of a video of the back box lighting and a picture with the translite off....made one for my star trek...just can't figure out how to make the walking dead one work with all the faces on the translite

I don't have any of pics or vids but how about the existing stuff? The Flipper fidelity link I posted earlier has a video of the back box lighting; it is the one that I got.
http://flipperfidelity.com/lighting/animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-panels/stern-the-walking-dead-le-enhanced-animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-two-versions-dimmable.html

Examples of back box lighting (not TWD and not FF).

Pictures of what the front generally looks like, but from different pins so the led strips are in different spots.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/OptifluxBackboxLightningKitsPage.html

http://cointaker.com/products/copy-of-2-stern-custom-led-backbox-kit

http://cointaker.com/products/2-stern-custom-led-backbox-kit

Many of the led strips on the FF TWDLE are at an angle. And by watching the video of the action you can tell where they placed the lighting behind the translite. Many are placed over the zombies, individually.

#4042 2 years ago
Quoted from netcivil:

anyone have a spare plastic from behind the well walker they want to sell? Guess I bashed him too much.

FWIW there are some old posts here noting that the two plastics behind the well walker were installed in the wrong spot on machines, and potentially many machines.

#4064 2 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

When I get a clean tunnel shot the ball loops around the orbit so fast that it hits the left flipper and jumps up and over to a drain. Or back to the shooter lane.
Anyone have this happen on their game?
I lowered the coil power to "soft" and looked at my flipper rubbers and they are on all the way.

No issues on mine on the tunnel orbit, normal coil power. Even clean and fast shots I'm able to play it without bounce off the flippers, though I do not sit there with the flipper up waiting for it. Aim may be compromised, but I don't miss the ball either.

#4070 2 years ago

Ok thanks for the feedback. Maybe I need to look closer at the flipper height. I need to make sure the rubber is hitting the center of the ball. And not under the the center.

Happy to help. I'd definitely have a look at that. Let us know what you find out and any adjustments.

#4100 2 years ago

I think the LED colordmd is the best way to go (OOS). What is everyone buying and why?

#4119 2 years ago

Congratulations and enjoy! Pros have some sound packages available, not all of them.

1 week later
#4219 2 years ago

Most of what I've read is that the LED is preferred on LED games. It really pops. But hi res junkies prefer the LCD. LEDs sold out, that should tell you their popularity.

#4224 2 years ago

And it's interesting. No DotsXL which many people like and yet most reviews from those who have both versions (led and lcd) generally have preferred the LED version in their newer games. The LED versions have been sold out there for a while now.

#4230 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I don't remember anyone ever preferring LED, haven't even seen a video. TBH I really would like to see a video of LED before I'd commit to purchasing.

Lots of buyers on the forum and a few videos as well. Check the LED DMD threads, especially the thread put up when it was released.

#4239 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I havent read that. From what ive seen, most prefer the LCD. Havent gone through the whole thread though:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led

Lots of LED love there. I pasted some LED quotes on the first page alone. Lots of info now and good info on both options. As epthegeek mentions LED just doesn't video well, though there is some video there, and comparison to LCD by the same videographer.

Quoted from Rondogg:

if you say so. All I read were people loving the LED, haven't seen a single video of LED. Read the lcd/led thread, the color dmd announcement thread and the twd thread. Maybe I missed it but it seems to be very one way for LCD and almost zero mention of led at all.

Not at all. Here's some quotes from the first page alone. I like the quote that describes the LED light option as a preference, just like having LED lights in a game. I love LED lights in games and most people do (including upgrading some of my games to LED PF lighting). But not everyone is the same and there are options for all tastes, with each having their merits. The LCD is a great option with some unique strengths.

'
'
'
quotes from the LED colordmd thread, first page.

Quoted from Bay78:

Wow, I'm shocked at all the slightly negative remarks towards the LED ColorDMD. I have 5 LCD ColorDMD's and really do like them ( especially the dots XL mode ). But when I was at expo last week and saw the LED version in Star Wars and Terminator 3 I was blown away with how vivid and bright it looked. I bought an LED version with the intention on putting it in my Ghostbusters but I think I might play musical ColorDMD and see which game it looks best in once they come out with all the support for all games. Bottom line I'm just saying I think the LED version is much better than people are making it seem. But than again that's just my opinion

Quoted from tjsynkral:

I think the LED version is much better. This is coming from someone who uses the LCD model in regular dots mode, I don't care for the funny smoothing modes. I have yet to colorize a TSPP and NGG but it's going to be LED or nothing, so do hurry with the ROM updates. And hurry with JP, too!

Quoted from JosephT:

Bit of a troll post but I think some people are voting pro-lcd because that is what they have in their machines (all that was available till now). There's always a little hate whenever there is a new kid on the block! I must say that the LED looked absolutely stunning at EXPO.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have the LED in my T3 and LCD in my MET Pro, the games are one game apart. After I play T3 I'll switch to MET and while MET has more detail the colors look washed out compared to T3

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

LCD vs. LED is totally your preference, just like choosing LEDs for your machine.

Quoted from BoJo:

The LED has a nice viewing angle and looks as sharp from the side as it does head on, whereas LCD gets duller as your viewing angle increases. Doesn't impact the player as much but when watching someone play the LED is nice. I never plan on using anything but dots so the LED is my preferred display but can see why others prefer the LCD as with all the customization.

Quoted from Budwin:

I have seen the ColorDMD LCDs and they do some wonderful things with the animations on a pin, but to me the physical attributes of the LCD panel does not resemble a 25 year old pinball machine part. The ColorDMD LED looks like the old part with magical colors added.
If you are not concerned about adding 'new' technologies to an old pin, then that would be a big 'don't care'.
There are of course the other reasons I like ColorDMD LEDs that have been discussed like fit, brightness, and viewing angle that add into my LED bias.
I do fully support putting modern LCD panels in newly designed pins. JJP rocks!
Just my personal view, just talking up the ColorDMD LEDs to replace gas displays.

Quoted from Baiter:

Besides the fact that the LED displays have richer colors than the LCD, the graphics were designed for a DMD, and the LED displays have the exact same dot configuration. In most cases LED is the way to go, unless you prefer one of the special rendering modes.

#4241 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Not seeing anything mentioning a Walking Dead led v lcd comparison or any led video of Walking Dead at all. As far as I'm concerned some games look better using lcd and others look better using led.

So you specifically want a TWD comparison, that specificity helps. Since the LED dmd option was sold out before the TWD rom was released there is likely not going to be a video posted for a while.

Everyone has their own preferences. Personally, I like what the LED dmd offers for TWD. There are a lot of happy LCD buyers using it on TWD at this time too.

1 week later
#4266 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It's when it's flying back at the left flipper from a fast tunnel shot that the flipper will make the ball go airborn. And this is with the flipper rubber raised on the bat to help prevent this.
But it's apparently calmed down and I can finally enjoy this combo on a more consistent basis.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh I see. Wonder why mine doesn't do this? I've played with regular rubber and now Titans and neither do it.

From what I understand it isn't normal behaviour and seems pretty rare. But I do remember a mention of this before and thought it was the same member. I easily found it, and nope.

When I get a clean tunnel shot the ball loops around the orbit so fast that it hits the left flipper and jumps up and over to a drain. Or back to the shooter lane.
Anyone have this happen on their game?
I lowered the coil power to "soft" and looked at my flipper rubbers and they are on all the way.

Quoted from dzoomer:

No issues on mine on the tunnel orbit, normal coil power. Even clean and fast shots I'm able to play it without bounce off the flippers, though I do not sit there with the flipper up waiting for it. Aim may be compromised, but I don't miss the ball either.

I'd think the flipper or something at the tail end of the orbit needs a bit of an adjustment, but I'm no techie.

#4274 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I bought my Pro before the Premium was announced, but have always preferred the look of the premium's art package.
Ever wondered what a Premium translite looks like in a Pro? Well, now you know (no snickering at my score, you bastards. I just changed to the NIN/Radiohead R-rated Negan code over the weekend):
I personally think it looks cooler, but I'm tempted to swap the t-molding to black (I have some on hand).
Thoughts?

P.I.M.P. machine

#4300 2 years ago

I suggest you'll get more and faster answers posting this as its own topic, with drop targets in the title. GL.

#4327 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I have a Premium arriving next week. What are the top 3 mods I need?

Similar recommendations.

Gnassel BG mod
Color dmd (LED imo)
Shaker

PDI glass would be nice too.

Sound mods are great and free. Download as many as you can get.

I had no need for a ramp flap otherwise it is pretty much the same as MikeS's list.

1 month later
#4459 2 years ago

Congratulations to TWD Prem/LE now being inside the top 20.

As for mods, you can click on the little headshot and see my posts in this topic, which include a list of mods and some pictures. Really happy with them overall. Unfortunately, the crossbow never worked well for me (from mezelmods).

1 week later
#4498 2 years ago

It really bothers some people that the LED doesn't go black like the LCD when off. Seriously.

http://www.colordmd.com/LED_advertisement.jpg

#4503 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Not to cause any controversy, but why would anyone else try rationalize someone elses personal preference?

Because a few people asked, no one had answered them directly (same answer went out as it was typed), and this reason was known and posted before. The adverb was to make sure readers understand that it is literally the reason and answer.

Quoted from bridgeman:

It's just that a preference. There may be many folks out there that can't believe it doesn't bother other people.

Super. At least it's now explained.

1 week later
#4508 2 years ago

Try reseating the DMD cable(s). GL

2 weeks later
#4570 2 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Must've got lucky, less than 5% centre drains out of the pops on my machine. Newer build, Sept 2016.

IMO and IME, most TWDs don't have significant pop drain problems when care is taken in the set up and leveling. Even a slight change in left to right level can make the difference. No issues as such on an early run LE model here, and you don't hear much talk about it any more. The various post mods do help in the set-it and forget-it method.

Most of my stdms are from typical pinball play, such as not taking more care with the dangerous prison shot or ramp rollbacks.

#4591 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Joined the club a week ago with a premium and can't stop playing. Even though I bought new from distributor, the unit shipped had been sitting in a warehouse somewhere with an Aug 2016 build date with a 1/8" layer of dust on top. I only throw this date out there so anyone can warn me if there are issues with certain build dates that I should be aware of, otherwise I don't care.
Been too busy playing to do any mods yet, but I can tell you that the game is kicking my ass and is tougher than any table I've played in a LOOOONG time (even my buddies IMVE). I consider myself a decent player and want to see how it plays from the factory (I set it at 6.5deg), but I can tell you that the outlanes have tractor beams on them for sure and the STDM middle drains from the prison magnet are happening probably 60-70% of the time and no amount of flipper-slapping/nudging has been able to save it most of the time. Occasionally, the magnet will do a flip to the ball and give me a chance, but more often times than not it just hurls it down the middle. Just seems super unfair.
My questions are... 1) Any adjustments to the prison magnet to help? 2) Am I complete failure if I do something about the outlanes? and 3) what must-have mods do people suggest that I should do immediately. I did already order ColorDMD, but that's it so far.

Congratulations on the new pin! Enjoy.

For prison magnet there was historical advice to hit the right or left flipper button a couple of times when Borg gets hit in the head with a crowbar in the animation when the ball is held. Many here have set up the pin to be 0.2-0.3 degrees or so to the left of right to minimize stdms from the pops and prison magnet. One can also re-clock the prison magnet 90 degrees to change the orientation of the magnetic field (not 180).

Many people have modded the outlanes, and many more have not. I'd wait a while before changing them since you've only had the game a week. But to each their own.

As for mods, you can type "mods" into the thread search feature (not the forum search) beside the topic gallery at the top of the page. That will show all the posts with mods discussed, and lots of them. I also have a few posts of detailing a bunch of mods that you can find by looking at my post history on this thread.

For must have mods, I'd suggest Gnassel BG light mod and shaker as a start, with color dmd and pdi glass as well.

1 week later
#4664 2 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I learn something new about this game everyday...ive owned it for 2 months and I am still trying to figure out the different shots and rules! Thanks!

Enjoy. It's a great game with a lot of depth, both interesting and rewarding.

1 week later
#4715 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott2dot0:

Finally a member! I got my TWD Prem home last night and it's a blast. The thing is loaded including a ColorDMD. The previous owner had it pretty dialed in so it wasn't getting cheap SDTMs, but I think the move and trying to re-level it, screwed a few things up. I'm getting SDTMs from the prison magnet. It flies down with such force that it basically throws it into the drain, with almost no chance to nudge and save it. The threads I read said to offset the machine slightly to one side. I did that, but it comes down with such force that it didn't help. Any ideas?
Also, the ball takes a while to get settled in the crossbow and it won't fire on the first pass as the ball hasn't registered being in there yet. I'm set at about 7 degrees so it's pretty steep so lack of gravity shouldn't be the culprit. Any thoughts?
Thanks all! Ready to mess up some walkers...

Try hitting a flipper button a few times when the crowbar scene comes up on the prison magnet. Another option is to rotate the magnet assembly 90 degrees (not 180).

Watch the ball entry from the side. There may be some minor adjustment needed to remove interference. The crossbow mod has been known to interfere as well.

GL and enjoy an awesome game.

2 weeks later
#4789 2 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Tried the 90 degree magnet fix and it's still draining too much off the prison But thanks to the thread, my walker head is nice and sensitive.

I was wondering what happened. Frustrating. It's just not an issue on TWD machines I've played. Many people do have a slight side to side angle, of 0.1-0.2 degrees or so. Consider calling up Stern and see what they have to say. It wouldn't hurt.

#4791 2 years ago

If he calls, they may work with him, offer a swap, etc.

#4794 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can someone explain the "rotate the magnet" part? I'm assuming it's the coil I want to rotate? It looks like I need to remove the magnet to allow it to rotate?
My coil has very short wires that I can't get to rotate under the bracket.

The magnet core should be able to rotate. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-lepremium-center-drain-help#post-2917682

1 week later
#4842 2 years ago

Sorry to hear the news. Not the end of the world. TWD is SAM, not SPIKE. The issue is likely traceable if one's done that kind of stuff before. A tech thread for help is always an option if one wants to get into it. Otherwise, leave it to someone else to fix. Things will get fixed.

#4909 2 years ago

This bug was reported a long time ago. Frustrating to not be fixed yet.

1 month later
#5074 2 years ago

Yes. 1.56 is the latest. The skill shot has 3 components to it. How many rollovers you can light (zero, one or two) and if you can also match the lit rollover lane. The skill shot reward, as well is the amount of the reward, is dependent on which of those components are successfully achieved. The skill shot off of the plunge should light one of the rollover lanes, which then can be changed using flippers. In play, the skill shot no longer applies, and the rollover lanes can have zero, one or two highlighted (lit) lanes. Completing both lit rollovers by the pop bumpers adds rewards, and it can be redundantly completed... with concurrent additional value as I remember it.

#5078 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

So if you miss both of the rollovers you should still have a chance to get the ball down the lite lane using the flippers?

Yes, and you will still get a dmd skill shot acknowledgement of that and a reward.

Quoted from pinchamp:

Thanks..Seems sometimes the lanes are not showing a light for me to move during skillshot after the rollovers (it is lit before the ball hits the rollovers and then turns off after)

Off of the initial ball plunge for each ball there should always be a lit rollover lane. After them, all other ball plunges do not apply, and that includes ball saves. At that point, it becomes about completing the rollover lanes (lighting all of them).

2 weeks later
#5177 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I've played 2 Pro's on location. Multiple games (15-20 games) and when the ball comes down from the bumpers it usually results in a SDTM and what is worse is when the ball save goes SDTM as well. Is this a common thing on Pro's or all TWD's? I generally watch the ball in the pops and start wiggling the machine side to side when I see coming out but this isn't always successful. Any advice would be great as I would love to play this pin more if I can get past these cheap drains.

While both are susceptible to this, Pro's have been known for more pops stdm issues than the LE/Prem's. It's a set-up issue and frankly route machines tend to not be set up as well as HUO machines. The HUO environment is usually where TWD thrives from a player point of view. Find and engage with the local pinball community around you. Someone will have or know someone with a HUO TWD.

#5189 2 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

Guys. Why on earth would turning a magnet do ANYTHING to change how the ball reacts? It scientifically makes no sense. Has someone done this with reliably successful results?

Quoted from Meph:

I was trying to figure this out also. I do know that if I wait for the magnet to release it will generally drop the ball STDM. If I cancel it early by hitting the flippers it seems to pulse the magnet, throwing the ball in random directions. If someone can better elaborate how this works then it might make more sense.

Quoted from wxforecaster:

Yeh, I aced electricity and magnetism in physics and this rotating the magnet thing makes no sense. The only thing you can do is cancel out of the animation at different points based on where the programmer decided to pulse the magnet.
I can add this tidbit based on how the software was programmed. If you hit both flippers right after the zombie gets hit in the head twice with the crowbar (a few seconds into the animation), you will cancel the animation and end up with a generally safe ball return. Not the SAME ball return, but one that typically involved some side action or a light toss upward. On mine, it's like 95% easily manageable and I've never had one fire down the middle (which is pretty common if you either wait through the animation or cancel out immediately).

I've wondered about the magnet turn as well. As I understand it (with only the barest of refreshers), it depends on the orientation of the magnet compared to the plane of the rotation or turn. Yes, turning a horizontal oriented magnet in the same plane (the north and south poles are in the same horizontal plane) changes the orientation of the magnetic field since the physical location of the north and south poles are changing in that horizontal plane. But turning a vertically oriented magnet in the horizontal plane shouldn't make a difference in the orientation of the magnetic field. I don't know for sure how the magnet in these are set up, but believe it is vertical.

Yes, some here have said turning the magnet helps. Some have also said it doesn't. Same thing with hitting the flippers during the crow bar animation. Some have said it works with the magnet, some have also said it doesn't. Since both are simple adjustments that at worst don't do anything, people still suggest them here. So why not try.

#5190 2 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Thanks, I will try that. I am still looking for a good fix for the drains coming of the pop bumpers. I have plunged the ball and had it return STDM, gotten the ball save and then had it do it again, this time the ball save has expired.

Most all of the time, the simplest fix works which is to take care in setting up the pin. Take the time and set it up with a quality digital level and take notes of the behaviour relative to measurements. Some pins play best flat left to right, some with a 0.1-0.2 degree or so left or right tilt. And pitch can matter as well, try some changes there too.

OTOH there are a bunch of PF changes that people have come up with that also work well, and they are discussed throughout this thread.

1 month later
#5291 2 years ago

There are some bugs to be fixed, horde reset and non-lighting horde insert on the LE/Prem. An update "should" be coming at least for that.

1 week later
#5328 2 years ago

I don't have too much of a problem with Riot shot. Lots of people even hit it with the left flipper off of a well walker bank shot. I wish I could do that more.

People can always go into the settings and make it a bit easier to progress into TWD. Better that than never progressing super deep. Easy to change back and adjust too.

Always great to hear people enjoying their pins and what TWD has to offer.

Quoted from thall17:

Hey guys I'm being lazy and not wanting to read through the entire thread, got a premium and was just curious of some "must do's" or must have mods..I know there has been talk about the left ramp being clunky and it is and maybe lighting up Bicycle Girl...appreciate some cliff notes on must haves or must do's....thanks!!!

Here's some mods that one can consider. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/80#post-3554830
Add the color dmd (LED or LCD) to that.

EDIT. Don't forget the alt sound codes out there; number 1 mod. So much amazing-ness... and variety. Thx so much to all the awesome open contributors.

4 weeks later
#5423 2 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

I'm thinking of joining as well and having a tough time deciding on pro or prem. Is the BG ramp really that big of a deal for playfield digging in? Does the stern fix really fix it?
Also, is there a video link of the audio packages that can be added to the game with pinbrowser so that I can hear what it sounds like?
I don't mind the stock callouts but would love to hear what can be added. Thanks!

There are youtube videos of some of the alternates sound codes, but I don't have links in front of me. Try searching youtube and maybe some links will be posted.

I posted this recently about the Pro and the LE/Prem.

Quoted from dzoomer:

Yup, and after hundreds of reviews that the TWD LE/Prem model rates significantly higher than the Pro model here on Pinside; simply put, most people prefer the LE/Prem. The left ramp just isn't an issue at all for most people either. In actual play on both the Pro and LE/Prem, the right ramp will airball sooner and at lower speeds than the left ramp on the LE/Prem; so if one wants to talk about ramp problems it should start with the right ramp on both models. I've played both the Pro and LE/Prem and they are both great; I also agree with the reviews of most others here on Pinside..... that the LE/Prem is better than the Pro. And the LE/Prem is one of the most feature rich upgraded LE/Premium models ever made. It has it all for upgrades; art, PF changes and toys, GI and lighting, and even coding. A wicked cool combination.

#5426 2 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

Where can you get the ramp flap?

I did the home-made version of the early Stern ramp fix kit to prevent the issue of the ramp flap nuts coming into contact with and wearing the playfield, and it did the job just fine for the ramp flow as well. I simply used some double sided tape with a foam core and only one side of the sticky residue exposed and attached to the bottom of the ramp nuts, plus adjusting the aluminum ramp flat slightly to sit flat onto the PF. A five minute adjustment and similar to Stern's fix and what was incorporated into all the Prem/LE builds after the early ones off the line.

Here's the ramp flap mod thread, a simple bolt-on adjustment.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-twd-lepremium-left-ramp-fix

#5463 2 years ago

Great news for a great game! I remember recently defending the timely need for another TWD update a few times against people who posted that TWD was done for updates.

Quoted from dzoomer:

TWD code is not done...

Quoted from dzoomer:

TWD still needs a code update to fix a few glaring bugs too (and TWD housekeeping is now pushing two years)

Quoted from dzoomer:

... An update "should" be coming at least for that.

I have to celebrate when I'm right!

1 week later
#5620 1 year ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

Thanks for the intel. My entire family has been playing all evening, and we like the game more than we had imagined. As far as, I can tell we have been lucky and all the shots are smooth.

You didn't get lucky, that's the machine as reported by most every owner... then there is pinside.

#5651 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Bricks:

Who determined the large plastic should be on bottom behind the well walker and why? Mine is on top and seems correct to me. Just wondering.

There is earlier discussion on this that can be found. IMO, It's limited info but fwiw I changed the large plastic on my TWD from top to bottom and the mech works great. Other posts on the same topic report similar results.

#5653 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Bricks:

Perhaps the increase in travel makes for a more pleasing effect...I'll have to give it a try.

The aesthetics and operation are flawless with the larger plastic on the bottom so most who are aware of it go with it.

1 week later
#5742 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How is that even possible? My right ramp hits have to be perfect, and even then they feel like they'll barely make it - but they do. Never do they have enough strength to fly off. What angle is your game set up?

This has been reported forever. Fast clean shots to the right ramp cause air balls. Really fast shots can cause crazy air balls, off the glass, etc. Clean orbit returns are fast and can easily cause them, but I've seen air balls happen with fast returns from other shots as well. And I air ball the right ramp far more than the left ramp on the LE/Prem. I take the easy way to handle the ramps and just shoot other shots when I have a ripper to handle.

Pitch is at 6.5 degrees or so.

2 months later
#6108 1 year ago

I have an earlier mod list and suggestions that can be found by searching my earlier posts (the person icon in each post).

Quoted from dzoomer:

'
'
--Interactive--
'
'
--Cosmetic--
Crossbow (Mezel mods)
'

Quoted from J85M:

Was there a blood splatter decal kit for TWD? I seem to remember seeing it on Pinside but cannot find it for the life of me now, added blood splatter to the ramps, think some people even added them to the glass

Ever heard of Google....
https://mezelmods.com/products/walking-dead-pinball-ramp-splatter-decals
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-more-blood-twd-ramp-blood-spatter-kit
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-walking-dead-ramp-splatter-decals

#6122 1 year ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I never realized how gory this game was until I saw it with a color DMD. It's fantastic.

Best DMD dots in pinball.

2 weeks later
#6156 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Picked up a pro today... Does the very noticeable wood grain seem normal?

In the wide variety of pf production that seems to happen with every big manufacturer out there, it's a ribbed playfield. A well known and trodden topic on the forum, especially recently. That pf is not perfect, but it's essentially cosmetic. In the wide variety of "minor" pf issues that occur, including ghosting, CC chipping, misaligned pf colors, off-color production or worse, ribbing is generally considered to be the most minor issue (fwiw). The TWDLE pf here is great in every way. But OTOH, there's also an older early DMD pin here that has some significant wear and tear around the inserts which I would consider much worse than ribbing. However, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't bother me. YMMV in either case if you're a pin perfectionist.

#6159 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

It's definitely disappointing to get a brand new game, and see this sort of blemish. I've accepted no game is perfect, but this should have been recalled in the QC process.

It would be nice if it were recalled, but that isn't the case at all, with any of the major manufacturers (Stern, JJP, CGC). The foolproof way to avoid any blemish issues is to buy a game used. At least then one can put their eyes on the game and fully know and understand what they are getting. NIB is great, but it's no guarantee of a perfect game.

Sorry to see it happen again.

#6162 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Stern did loads of recalls on Ghostbusters with ghosting. Not sure why this wouldn't be covered. In my opinion it's harder to accept and ignore compared to ghosting.

I see some similarities in how it's been handled. Look at the history; ribbing has been okay, planking not okay. Feedback here (on the last Stern issues) reported that 6 or less ghosted inserts was okay, >6 inserts ghosted was not okay. Less than perfect pf's are at least somewhat consistently out there in many ways as mentioned (and for many years). If you buy NIB, perfection is not guaranteed. Vote with your wallet.

#6170 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

On a positive note, I played a few games last night and ended up getting to Horde. That is one of the best wizard modes I have ever seen!!!

More than anything, I love great pinball, and I find TWD delivers it in spades! Amazing pin. Cheers

1 week later
#6252 1 year ago

It's far more simple to make a hard game play easier than it is to make an easy game play hard. Tons of tweaks are available for TWD.

It's pretty meaningless to compare scores because of this, but it's always nice to see some good scores posted. Nice!

Great great game.

3 months later
#6804 1 year ago

People have done mods to the last post out of the pops. I'd a long thread but it's in here.

3 months later
#7159 1 year ago
Quoted from DNO:

I'm glad it shoots without issue, but many of them do not, and perfect shots that brick and reject right back to the drain are reasonable complaints IMO.

I see no evidence of "many" Prem/LE pins having this issue. More pinside hyperbole. Hundreds of pin reviews for the Prem/LE and Pro show the Prem/LE rates notably higher than the Pro.

I also have access to both the Pro and Prem/LE locally play both with some regularity. I've seen no significant issues with the LE/Prem ramp. As mentioned many times before, the right ramp on both the Pro and Prem/LE will airball earlier than the left ramp on the LE/Prem and yet no one complains about that ramp. One sees some Pro owners mention the left ramp all the time on Pinside.

If one wants less BG ramp bash toy use in the Prem/LE game, there should be a setting in the software to make it used less / harder to qualify for.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Houston, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside